- Heritage of the Wolf:
- Jenna's surname is "Jones".
- Rosie's parents are named "Thomas" and "Evelyn".
- Boris has the surname "Goosinov".
- Royal Relations is a oneshot based on Charles Perrault's version of Cinderella. Cinderella's name is "Elaina" while her step-sisters are named "Lucette" and "Dominique".
- In the fanfic, Like A Gentle Refrain, a few minor characters from the film finally receive names. This includes the Departures agent that Héctor tries to sneak past (Helena López) and the mariachi from the beginning of the film (Eduardo Vegaz).
- Code Geass: Paladins of Voltron
- Rai's (first) name is stated to be 'Zephyr' by the rescued Galra prisoners. His mother and sister's names are Erina and Sophronia, respectively.
- The same is true for the Lions, who are each given meaningful names by their respective Paladins.
- Code Prime - R1: Rebellion: C.C.'s name has never been revealed in any canon source. Here, it's Cera.
- Arad's Stardust gives Central, Dr Vahlen and Dr Shen first names (David, Moira and Charles respectively), missing the fact that the latter was already named Raymond in the game (though not mentioned in cutscenes). The name Moira has been canonized as Dr Vahlen's first name and now appears in theXCOM 2 database.
- Codex Equus: The Emperor of Mankind had no name in canon. Here, he's given the name of Golden Scepter along with an Alicorn name, Auriolus Scaeptrum, which was given to him upon becoming Emperor of his first empire. However, he threw that name away after becoming disgusted with the many atrocities he committed under it, and has since readopted his birth name to distance himself from the Alicorns' various flaws and mistakes.
- Dairantou Saint Zearth provides the name to quite a few of the Pilots' parents. An example would be Takashi Waku's father Ninten.
- Miss Kittyis known by her Stage Name in canon. In Destiny's Kiss, she is named "Katherine".
- Snow White's prince is named "Bertram".
- Cinderella's prince is named "Oscar".
- The Beast is named "Henri".
- Uncle, whose first name was never revealed in canon, is named Jin in J-WITCH Season 1. However, only his former girlfriend Yan Lin calls him by his first name.
- In Kindred, the Beast is named "Adam".
- Power Rangers Clockwork gives the Amalgam from the original Skyrim mod Clockwork the name of "Aricin Velothi", as a result of the latter receiving a backstory before he was turned into the Gilded Amalgam.
- Stars Above:
- Stars Above (which crosses over Lucky Star with Puella Magi Madoka Magica), names Konata's unnamed co-worker* Aya, after Aya Hirano (even though Ayano was already named after her and Hirano herself appears in the source anime and manga at one point each).
- In an accidental* example on the Puella Magi side of the same fic, Elise Robard might count as well, since Elise and her friends from the mobage scenario The Hollow Little Mermaid (one of whom made an intentional cameo by name) had no canonical surnames.
- Universe Falls: In "Peridot in the Wild", Celestabellebethabelle's fellow unicorns from "The Last Mabelcorn" are known as Barry and Maurice.
Date A Live
- In the Date A Live Movie Mayuri Judgement, the eponymous Mayuri had no last name. In Date A Re:Live, she gains one in the form of Seraphina.
- In Zero 2: A Revision, all of the Digidestined's parents, even those that don't have a name in the source are given full names.
- Dragon Ball Z Abridged names the four members of Dodoria's squadron in the abridged version of Bardock: Father of Goku. The Appule like solider is "Eachpe", the yellow one is "Pierre", the green one is "Lemi", and the leader is "Mahngo".
Ever After High
- Queens names several backgrounders, such as "Lita Lindorm" and "Regina Eins".
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
- The Queen of Hearts:
- The king and queen are called "Jonas" and "Matilda", rather than their later canonized names of "Adgar" and "Iduna".
- Because the fic predates Tangled: The Series, Rapunzel's parents are called their fan nicknames "Thomas" and "Primrose", not "Frederic" and "Arianna".
- The Royal Reunion: Agnarr and Iduna are named "Gaspar" and "Malin" because the story predates their names being canonized.
- In Desert Gold, Scar's name is given as "Asad".
- In Seven Names Of Envy Angevin, Father (depicted here as a human) is named "Theophrastus" for obvious reasons. This is also a little nod to canon, wherein Father suggested "Theophrastus" as a name for Hohenheim, who at the time was a nameless slave.
- Phylactery has Mrs. Bradley, who was only known by her last name in canon, being given the name "Lily".
- Ultimate Misfits:
- Pizzazz's mother is named Evelyn.
- Techrat is named Terry Peters.
Kung Fu Panda
- In the Kung Fu Panda 2 fic The Vow, Lord Shen's parents are named Lord Goa and Lady Jing, the Soothsayer is named Ah-Ma, and the Wolf Boss is named Zhan.
- Fanfics of the 2012 adaptation of The Lorax tends to give Ted's mother the name "Helen".
The Loud House
- What is a Person Worth?: The nameless kid who opposed Lincoln in the episode "Cereal Offender" is an important side character in this fic, and given the name Conner Pingrey.
- A fan-translation of the Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake manual names Master Miller's ex-wife Nadine. The actual Japanese manual simply mentions that he's divorced and living with his daughter.
My Hero Academia
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- A Diplomatic Visit:
- Chapter 4 of the sequel Diplomat at Large gives Ocellus's mother the name Stemma. Chapter 5 of Diplomacy Through Schooling gives her father the name Ommatidium.
- Chapter 12 of the sequel Diplomat at Large reveals that Ahuizotl from the show is not actually a case of A Dog Named "Dog"; his real name is Teomitl.
- Chapter 7 of Diplomacy Through Schooling gives Suburst's late father the name Sunspot.
- Moondancer's sister is given the name "Morning Espresso" in chapter 8.
- Kitsune no Ken: Fist of the Fox does this with several characters. Among other examples, Tenten and Karui are given the surnames Tamura and Komatsu, respectively (derived from the names of their voice-actresses), Jugo gets the surname Tenbin (derived from his canon epithet "Tenbin no Jugo" or "Jugo of the Scales") and Yashamaru is given the surname Sabaku (derived from Gaara's epithet "Sabaku no Gaara" or "Gaara of the Sand Waterfall"). There's also the Kira brothers, Ay and Hachi (the Raikage A and Killer Bee, respectively, Blood Brothers who were never given proper names and who weren't biologically related in canon).
- In Son of the Sannin, Hinata's mother is given the first name Hikari.
- The Captain of the Virtual Console names Red's parents, Rose and Glehn Spruce.
- The Pok&ecute;mon oneshot Confrontation gives James the full name of "James Miles William Roseworth". His rich parents are named George and Evangeline.
- Denounce the Evils:
- Jessie's full name is "Jessica Rosalyn Miyamoto". In canon, it's only known that her first name is "Jessica".
- James is given the last name 'Sasaki' to match.
- Miyamoto is given a Dub Name Change of "Jane Miyamoto".
- Charmander's trainer Damian is given the surname of "Ross".
- Bill's surname is "Montgomery".
- Lance's surname is "Wataru".
- Wallace's surname is "Mikuru".
- Erika's surname is "Mori".
- Gym Leader Wiki:
- Brock is named "Brock Slate".
- Misty is named "Misty Waterflower".
- Lt. Surge is named "Mayfield Surge".
- Erika is named "Erika Aoyama".
- Koga is named "Koga Shimizu". Similarly, his daughter Janine is named "Janine Shimizu".
- Sabrina is named "Sabrina LaFay".
- Blaine is named "Blaine O'Donnell".
- Giovanni is named "Giovanni Pavesi".
- Falker is named "Falkner Jausch".
- Bugsy is named "Bugsy Silvestri".
- Whitney is named "Whitney di Marco".
- Morty is named "Morty Levin".
- Chuck is named "Chuck Morris".
- Jasmine is named "Jasmine Diamante"
- Pryce is named "Pryce Howard".
- Clair is named "Clair Lee".
- Lorelei is named "Lorelei von Kleinheardt".
- Bruno is named "Bruno Jacobs".
- Agatha is named "Agatha Christiansen".
- Lance is named "Lance Chevalier".
- Will is named "Will Powers".
- Karen is named "Karen Rénard".
- In the Pokémon fic The Myamoto Project, James' last name is "Rochester", befitting his wealthy parentage.
- The Pokémon oneshot Of Construction and Seduction gives Jessie's mother Miyamoto the surname of "Munasai".
- Pokémon: Clefairy Tales takes Word of Saint Paul regarding Brock's surname (Harrison, according to Eric Stuart, his English voice actor) and runs with it. The existing fanon for Misty's surname and Lt. Surge's given name (respectively, Waterflower and Mathias) was also applied here. The series also gives Erika's and Sabrina's respective surnames as LaFleur (in keeping with Erika's Green Thumb thematic) and D'Avalon (inspired by Sabrina's French name, derived from a certain Arthurian character, and pronounced "Dee-AH-va-LAWN").
- Pokémon Reset Bloodlines and several of its tie-in oneshots have done this to several characters:
- Characters such as Kanto Champion Lance, Elite Four member Flint and Frontier Brain Noland are given their respective Japanese names as surnames.
- Arnold's mother, who didn't get a proper name in her anime episode, is named Anna in this story.
- Serena's full name is revealed as Serena Yvonne Gabena, thanks to a Full-Name Ultimatum from Grace.
- Kiawe's grandfather is given the name Koa.
- Several characters of the day are given full names when they star in their own sidestories. Examples include A.J from the original series, who is given the name Akira Jouda, and Sho from the D&P saga, whose name is actually short for Shotaro Inazuma.
- Team Rocket Roots gives Miyamoto a Dub Name Change by shortening her name to "Miya". Miyamoto has no official English name because her only appearance is in a Japanese-only radio drama.
- "Ellen" is the name the unused female lead of Pokémon Red and Blue assumes in Unwilling Service, and the male lead of Gold, Silver, and Crystal assumed the name Jamie* before eventually having it reverted to Jimmy. (NSFW)
- There was one Ranma ½ fanfic whose name is currently lost to the deep recesses of the Internet, that gave a name to the otherwise nameless Posthumous Character of Mrs. Tendou, Sou'un Tendou's wife and mother to Akane, Nabiki, and Kasumi Tendou. That name, "Kimiko Tendou", somehow managed to be elevated to fanon status, where a huge portion of the fandom genuinely believes it to be her official name.
- RWBY: Scars:
- Middle names are given to certain characters. For example, Pyrrha's full name is "Pyrrha Diana Nikos".
- Raven and Qrow's mother is named "Ebony".
- Weiss' mother was named "Willow" before it was officially canonized.
- Cinder's original name is given as ""Chujo".
- Lil' Miss Malachite's name is given as "Ianthe Malachite".
- In most RWBY fanworks involving Weiss Schnee's mothernote , she was usually given the name "Willow" before the name was canonized. One exception to this is RWBY Zero, where she is named "Crystal" instead.
She-Ra and the Princesses of Power
A Song of Ice and Fire
- Robb Returns: The direwolf mother, who survives and is partnered with Ned in this fic, is named Frostfyre.
Sonic the Hedgehog
- The nameless thief of Abelagot from The Smurfs comic book story "The Jewel Smurfer" was named Vincent Devereaux in the Empath: The Luckiest Smurf adaptation "Empath The Bandit Smurf".
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Story of Seasons
- All The Wrong Reasons:
- Karen's surname is given as "Lucine".
- Rick's surname is "Emerson".
- Do You Believe In Fairies?:
- Kathy's full name is given as "Kathy Leigh Brass".
- Luna's surname is "Snyder".
- Phoebe's surname is "Kettles".
- Renee's family is the "Horn" family.
- Selena's family is the "Toucan" family.
- Calvin's surname is "Jones".
- Gill's family is the "Goldstein" family.
- Julius' surname is "Rosens".
- Luke's family is the "Carpenter" family.
- Owen's family is the "Gravel" family.
- Toby's last name is "Fisher".
- Irene's surname is "Erble".
- Mira's surname is "Finer".
- There Is No Song In My Heart:
- Lumina is given the full name of "Lumina Wyndham".
- Mary's family has the surname of "Brunell".
- In Pretty Ore gives Gray and Claire the surnames "Hollins" and "Haynes".
- To Catch A Raven: The HIVE members are given names: Jinx is named "Kamala Malti", (frequently shortened to "Kammie"), Gizmo is named "Mike", and Mammoth is named "Baran".
The Wicked Years
- The Eternity Effect gives Pfannee the surname of "Symes".
- Verdigris: Glinda's mother is named Edlyn Arduenna Upland and her father is named Allard Upland.
- Yokai Watch Re! names Kyubi's human form "Kaden Kit McCloud". In the anime, he just goes by "Kyubi" either way.