Grumpy visits Snow White after having not seen her in eight years after Snow left the forest. Her life isn't nearly as pleasant as it initially seems.
Wickes Wiles explores Snow's relationship with others, as well as the culture of the dwarfs.
Wicked Wiles provides examples of:
- Affectionate Nickname: Snow calls her husband Alexander "Sasha"
- Butch Lesbian: Dwarfs gender the world differently from humans. But, in human terms, Grumpy would be a butch he/him lesbian.
- Deconstruction Fic: Snow White's marriage isn't ideal. They barely knew one another and aren't completely compatible. Alexander treats Snow White like a child and Snow White, being a Friend to All Living Things, hates Alexander's hunting.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Grumpy falls for another "female" dwarf, a feminine dwarf names Gabby that uses she/her pronouns, wears earrings, and keeps her beard short.
- Gender Flip: Dwarfs are not a One-Gender Race. They almost all use he/him pronouns and look (and sound) masculine, but some are considered female by human standards. Grumpy and Happy would be considered female.
- Named by the Adaptation: Snow's unnamed prince is named "Alexander".
- Promoted to Love Interest:
- Doc and Happy are life-mates.
- Bashful is Sneezy's life-mate.
- Related in the Adaptation:
- Grumpy's parents are Doc and Happy.
- Sleepy is Docs brother.
- Bashful and Dopey are Sleepy's brothers.
- Younger Than They Look: Grumpy looks like an old man, but he's actually young by dwarf standards.