Return to the main page here.
- Survival is easy!
- Poor Dio.Dio: "Why can't I move? Wh... why can't I- No, no, (sees Jotaro walking out the fire) nononoNONO! MOTHERF**KER!!! (Jotaro stops in front of him) NO! NO! NO! NO! BULLS**T! BULLS**T! BULLS**T! Okay, okay, okay, calm down, Dio. Calm down. Calm down, Dio...calm down. Okay...okay. If I, Dio, don't move, then he won't realize that I, Dio, am not in front of-"(Star Platinum smashes Dio's leg)Dio: OH MY GOD!Jotaro: "Time Continues."
- In Critical Role, When Keyleth hit's the bottom of a thousand foot cliff, her player Marisha, proclaims that "it's fine were gods". Travis lampshades it, "Did you just say were gods? Why would you even tempt that?". Naturally she dies on impact.
- During Sips' Trouble in Terrorist Town playthrough, there are the following examples:
Turps: AH, HE KILLED ME!Trott: (laughing) He actually did kill him!//
- Turpster ends up RDMing note Lewis Brindley. This presses Lewis' Berserk Button and makes him vow that he is going to gun Turps down, irrespective as to whether or not either of them is innocent. Turps openly broadcasts his location, clearly not expecting Lewis to actually go through with it... leading to his surprise when the latter emerges and shotguns him to death.
- During the Space Engineers playthrough on Simon Lane and Lewis' channel, Lewis walks Simon through the piloting controls. Simon quickly notices that his ship loses speed when he's not accelerating, so Lewis tells him to turn off the inertia dampeners followed by a warning: "The amount of energy you put into speeding up is the same amount of energy you need to put into slowing down. So be careful." Immediately after Lewis finishes this sentence, Simon comes careening in from the edge of Lewis' POV and crashes into their Space Labs sign at ~80 km/h. The rest of the episode is basically Simon trashing their base with similarly clumsy piloting.
- From Achievement Hunter:
Jack: Surprisingly, I have not found any lava... and by saying that, I know I'm jinxing myself.
- Ray Narvaez Jr. has a Running Gag of asking whether there is fall damage or not, after having jumped from a high position. More often than not, there is. Later, during Episode 34 of their Minecraft series, Ray takes part in a pig racing tournament. He says "Richard Phist V2 is doing grea... oh, you're in the water, you fuck."
- Jack Patillo gets an example of this during an episode of their Minecraft series.
- Matthew Santoro:
- In 20 Haunting Halloween Facts, Matt discusses the urban legend that drinking Diet Coke with Mentos on Halloween causes you to explode. He says that there's no truth to it, and gets out a Mento and some Diet Coke to prove it. He explodes.
- In Anonymous, Matt says that he's safe from being hacked by Anonymous, since he's a small-time creator. Anonymous immediately takes over his video.
- Subverted in The Brave New World Universe's Old Friends opening arc. Moros is invading a secret lab, and at one point remarks to himself that the plan is going very well. He then hits himself for having the thought. Luckily, nothing happens. Except a survivor who makes it through Moros's zombie hordes...that won't be a problem later....
- On something of a behind-the-scenes note, the Yogscast did a Heroes and Generals challenge which required the use of explosives. Smiffy of Hat Films was told to detonate by someone offscreen, and a subtitle comes up telling the viewers that Smiffy and the cast are in the "safe zone", a hundred feet away from the explosion. The explosives are detonated... and a very large chunk of dirt smacks Smiffy's helmet, causing him to gingerly grin at the camera and stare in surprise as the others laugh. Thanks to the helmet, he was fine, but the others, who were not as prepared, could easily have been hurt had they actually been hit.
- Retsupurae:slowbeef: Okay, this is Xenogears. So there's no fucking way you have a Bill Clinton joke.
Diabetus: [In faux-Bill Clinton accent] "I'll show you something that's Weltall."
slowbeef: [astounded] Shit.
Diabetus: With the amount of dignity lost, I don't see how this could possibly get any.. [Record Needle Scratch] ...worse?
- Also, in the Most Shameful Thing In The World Retsupurae:
MageKnight: So thanks for watching us play Pokemon White.
- In Let's Point at Super Metroid: "I propose this video cannot get worse from this moment. Seriously." Somehow, it did.
- In MageKnight404's Let's Play of Pokemon White
Diabetus: "[In Fake Hilda Voice] Who are you talking to?"
MageKnight: "[In his Hilda Voice] Wait, who are you talking to?"
slowbeef: Oh god.
slowbeef: Now to solve this puzzle tout suite. [places sink handle on faucet and turns it on] First we turn on the water...
- During the Escape RP:
Proteus: This might be the least retarded solution for any puzzle in this game yet.
slowbeef: And we're going to stop up the water with the silver coin...
Proteus: Never mind... spoke too soon...
slowbeef: *Sigh* Y'know, maybe I'm making to much of this, maybe it's not that bad. I'm sure it has some appeal and there's probably nothing that terrible in these videos I mean you know—
- During the Arise 4 RF, slowbeef mentions the how easy it is to accidentally click off a window during the game's awful combat sections, while he's fighting one of the enemies. No points for guessing what he does almost immediately afterwards.
- Invoked during "Adults React To PewDiePie":
PewDiePie: Look! He's raping her, he's raping her!
slowbeef: I'm sorry, what was that?
- In this story on Not Always Right's sister site Not Always Friendly, a bad driver defends his bad driving by saying that's he's never had an accident...right before slamming into another car.
- Wiz and Boomstick, the hosts of Death Battle, proudly proclaim "It's over! It's finally over! We never have to hear about it again!" at the end of Superman VS Goku, one of the most widely requested fights of the series. Unfortunately for Ben and Chad, the voices of Wiz and Boomstick, and the rest of the crew, it quickly became (and still remains) the most hotly contested fight outcome in the shows history because Goku was weaker than Superman by a factor of about 100, so much that it became a running gag and one of the first episodes with a follow-up.
- Don't Hug Me I'm Scared:
- After Yellow Guy runs off in tears in episode 3, Red Guy mentions that he "wonder[s] what will happen"... and shortly afterward, Shrignold, a malevolent cultist, shows up.
- Red Guy says this very same thing near the end of episode 6 right before he unplugs the machine responsible for the teachers.
- Buzzfeed Unsolved: Practically Shane's hobby. He has yelled at demons to kill him, given Ryan's home address away to dark spirits so they can follow him home, laid down on a Pentagram in a basement supposedly used for Satanic rituals, and openly declared a dangerous spiritual entity's bridge to be his if it didn't show itself.
- Pro And Noob: During the official Deviljho quest in Monster Hunter: World, Josh and Cotton try to escape Deviljho through the hollow log in the Ancient Forest. This is the result.Rage: He cant fit through there...[Deviljho destroys the log.]Cotton: I dont think he needs to fit through there.Rage: Well, he cant close distances[Deviljho lobs a boulder at them]Cotton: (cracking up) I dont think he needs to close distances.
- Urinating Tree is known for doing this in his pre-scripted videos, but the most fitting example comes from his livestream from the 2018-19 NHL Trade Deadline. Seconds after expressing gratitude that the Pittsburgh Penguins did not trade for a slow, physical defenseman, the Pens did just that.
- Every character who foreshadows their own death or ignores obvious omens in Farce of the Three Kingdoms.
- An unscripted subversion occurs on the Gamespot YouTube channel, in the GTA Diaries episode "Three Peak Challenge" when Cam Robinson and Seb Ford are in a bicycle race through the streets of Los Santos. Seb muses "This is my neighbourhood. I know these streets. These streets are my streets," just before a car plows into Cam.Thanks, neighbours!
- Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: The Game - The Movie: When Jekyll's fiancee admits that she is worried about the wedding, Jekyll's response is literally "What Could Possibly Go Wrong?" The next day, the entire town decides to form an angry mob at the pub, complaining about his punchable face and decides that he is deserving of death.
- The Game Grumps have an almost uncanny ability to declare things like "this is easy" right before getting trounced by a Wake-Up Call Boss, "I got this" before failing numerous times, or being interrupted by a random encounter while trying to say it's a good thing there are no random encounters in a dark cave. Typically they find it funny as hell. Quite possibly the best example is them playing Dead Rising and Arin taking on the Special Forces attack helicopter that's circling the mall courtyard — he runs under some trees and confidently explains that it can't see him in the shadows and then, right on cue, he is completely rocked by a missile fired from the helicopter that knew exactly where he was.