Jesse Adam Eisenberg (born October 5, 1983) is an American actor.
He has earned critical acclaim in his career, but it wasn't until his role as Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg in the hit The Social Network that he reached worldwide fame. He has made his directorial debut in 2022 with When You Finish Saving the World.
Eisenberg married Anna Strout in 2017, and they have a son together.
His filmography includes:
- Get Real (1999) as Kenny Green
- Roger Dodger (2002) as Nick
- The Village (2004) as Jamison
- Cursed (2005) as Jimmy
- The Squid and the Whale (2005) as Walt Berkman
- The Hunting Party (2007) as Benjamin Strauss
- The Education of Charlie Banks (2007) as Charlie Banks
- The Living Wake (2007) as Mills Joaquin
- Adventureland (2009) as James Brennan
- Zombieland (2009) as Columbus
- Zombieland: Double Tap (2019)
- The Social Network (2010) as Mark Zuckerberg
- Holy Rollers (2010) as Shmuel "Sam" Gold
- Rio (2011) as Blu (voice)
- Rio 2 (2014)
- 30 Minutes or Less (2011) as Nick Davis
- To Rome with Love (2012) as Jack
- Night Moves (2013) as Josh
- Now You See Me (2013) as J. Daniel Atlas
- Now You See Me 2 (2016)
- The Double (2013) as Simon James / James Simon
- American Ultra (2015) as Mike Howell
- Café Society (2016)
- DC Extended Universe as Lex Luthor
- Vivarium (2019) as Tom
- The Art of Self-Defense (2019) as Casey Davies
- Resistance (2020) as Marcel Mangel/Marceau
- Wild Indian (2021) as Jerry
- Fleishman Is In Trouble (2022) as Toby Fleishman
- Manodrome (TBA) as Ralphie
- The Medusa (TBA) as Théodore Géricault
Tropes and trivia related to his works:
- Deadpan Snarker: Which has gotten him into trouble, multiple times.
- The Everyman/Unfazed Everyman: His trademark role.
- Large Ham: Jesse's portrayal of Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is rather larger than life.
- Older Than They Look: For a while in his 30s, he predominantly played men in their 20s.
- Playing Against Type: Nobody expected him to be playing Lex Luthor, of all people.
- Socially Awkward Hero: Has a habit of playing the neurotic and socially awkward nerd.
- Star-Making Role: While he did earn a fair bit of popularity for his role as Columbus in Zombieland, it was his turn as Mark Zuckerberg that made him a well-known name amongst moviegoers.
- Those Two Actors: