open/close all folders
- "Gee, it sure is boring around here!"
- Big Eater: Implied. When King Harkinian brings up dinner, he states that he's so hungry, he could eat an Octorock.
- Later on, George The Baker mentions that he could eat 10 loafs of bread.
- Distressed Dude: In Wand Of Gamelon.
- Motivational Kiss: Link tries to get one from Zelda. She refuses.
- Thrill Seeker: Possibly. He complains about how boring it is that Hyrule is now in peacetime, wondering what scheme Ganon is planning.
- Victory Is Boring: "Gee, it sure is boring around here!"
- You Just Had to Say It: The moment he admits that he wonders what Ganon is up to, it immediately turns out that he's attacking Koridai.
- Adaptational Badass: She's far less of a Damsel in Distress here then in the games.
- Action Girl: Lampshaded."Aren't you a might puny to go up against Ganon?"
- Bare Your Midriff: In Wand of Gamelon and Faces of Evil, Zelda is wearing a crop top that alternates from being tucked in or showing her stomach. Interestingly, she doesn't seem to have a navel.
- Damsel in Distress: Only in "Faces Of Evil."
- Lack of Empathy: She shows no remorse for killing Hectan when he calls her out for it.
- Motivational Kiss: Defied. "You have got to be kidding."
- Pretty Princess Powerhouse
- Psychotic Smirk: She smiles a rather smug grin one after killing Hectan.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: After not hearing from her father and Link for months, she decides to travel to Gamelon herself to save them.
- "Mah boi, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!"
- Adipose Rex: Likely from all the dinner.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Subverted. He turns out to be no match for Ganon, coupled with Duke Onkled betraying him.
- Big Eater: "I wonder what's for dinner."
- Breakout Character: He's undoubtedly the most popular character in the game.
- Cain and Abel: The Abel to Duke Onkled's Cain.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: He sentences Duke Onkled to "scrub all the floors in Hyrule" for betraying him. Most monarchs in real life would have had traitors executed so Onkled got off pretty easy.
- Distressed Dude: In Wand Of Gamelon.
- If I Do Not Return: "If you don't hear from me in a month, send Link!"
- Parents in Distress: Ends up getting captured by Ganon and Duke Onkled for a whole month in Wand Of Gamelon.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: When he hears Duke Onkled is in trouble, he goes to Gamelon himself to aid him and told Zelda to only send Link after him if she doesn't hear from him in a month. Sadly it's his initial helpfulness that leads to Onkled stabbing him in the back and turning him over to Ganon which kicks off the story of "Wand of Gamelon".
- Signature Laugh: "OAHOHOHOHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
- "Don't worry, Zelda. The Triforce of Wisdom promises The King will safely return."
- Exposition Fairy: In Wand of Gamelon.
- "Squadalah! We're off!"
- Adaptational Wimp: Unlike most versions of Ganon, he can be killed in a single hit.
- Anything but That!: "Not into the pit, it buuuuuurns!"
- Big "NO!": At the end of both games.
- Join or Die: "Join me, Link and i will make your face the Grrreatest] in Koridai, or else you will die!"
- Rhymes on a Dime: "In the darkest nightmare hour, when not sun or moon has risen, I take Zelda in my power, I shall keep her in my prison!"
- Prepare to Die: "You dare bring light to my lair!? You must die!"
- Silence, You Fool!: Towards Fari.
- We Can Rule Together: He offers to make Link a face if he joins him.
- We Will Meet Again: "Ahh, the chains! No! You haven't seen the last of me!"
- "I spy, with my eye, someone who must die!"
- The Dragon: To Ganon in Faces Of Evil.
- Reforged into a Minion: Their introduction cutscene shows them transforming a Koridian into one of their Moblin henchmen.
- She's a Man in Japan: Has a distinctly feminine voice actor in the English version of The Faces of Evil, but a masculine voice in other localisations of the game.
- Third Eye: Lupay has a third eye in the middle of their head. It is how Lupay fires their energy beams during the boss fight.
- "Do you know what it means when you lose your last ruby? Now you work for me!"
- Graceful Loser: When Link kills him, he says "Lucky shot!" to the latter.
- Recurring Boss: Is first fought at his Harlequin Bazaar, and then again in Lupay's area.
- Reforged into a Minion: His introduction cutscene involves him transforming a Koridian into one of his henchman.
- Large Ham: In a figurative and literal sense.
- "Worthless Koridian, you must be hardened with fire! Go and kill!"
- Asskicking Pose: Before his and Link's fight.
- Badass Boast: Compared to the other one-liners that the bosses say, his words before fighting Link are actually intimidating.
- Defeat by Modesty: His true form is an old man in underwear.
- Recurring Boss: First encountered in the Militron area, and then later fought again in Ganon's Lair.
- "Oh, goody! Mashed Link for the main course!"
- Extreme Omnivore: Will eat seemingly anything, even a bomb.
- Fat Bastard: Very fat, and is not above eating living beings.
- I'm a Humanitarian: Is seen eating a captive Koridian in his intro cutscene. Also, during his pre-battle cutscene he was shown trying to eat Link.Glutko: Oh, goody! Mashed Link for the main course!
- Recurring Boss: First encountered in the Glutko area, and then again at the summit of the Shrine of Koridai.
- Big "NO!": "You can't kill me! No! No! Nooo!"
- Dem Bones: "Wake up, sleepybones! Find the living and cut their vile throats!"
- Recurring Boss: You fight Goronu twice in Faces of Evil, first in the face of Goronu and later the revived Goronu in Fortress Centrum, who at first appears to be a sleeping Zelda.
- This Cannot Be!: "You can't kill me! No! No! Nooo!"
- "For the dead shall rise, and the living shall be their slaves. She must be stopped!"
- Achilles' Heel: "The shroud! No, it's cold! Aaaaaargh!".
- Ominous Pipe Organ: Is playing one in his introduction cutscene.
- We've frozen the fountain of life.All that was good we've made evil.Let's bring the darkness down!
- 0% Approval Rating: Not even his minions like him, as when he dies, two Armoses overlook his corpse, one of them declares "He's dead. Let's get outta here!", and then both proceed to leave.
- Prepare to Die: "You will die!"
- Who Dares?: "You dare defy me!"
- "Ha! Then wait here until you are!"
- "Ready? Am I here? Or here? Or here? (Laughs) Next!"
- "Whatever I see, I shall devour!"
- Attack Its Weak Point: His weak point is his lips form.
- Big Eater: He'll devour anything he sees.
- Co-Dragons: Both him and Hectan serve as this to Ganon in Wand of Gamelon.
- One-Hit-Point Wonder: Dies to a single sword strike.
- Your Head Asplode: Explodes into a flock of black birds upon his defeat.
- "Please, your omnipotence, have mercy!"
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Upon being caught by King Harkinian, he tries to beg for mercy.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Duke Onkled looks a lot... mmmm... richer than Harkinian and Zelda.
- Cain and Abel: The Cain to King Harkinian's Abel.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Being sentenced to scrub every floor in Hyrule as punishment for betraying his cousin.
- The Mole: He turns out to be working for Ganon.
- "Lamp oil, rope, bombs. You want it? It's yours, my friend, as long as you have enough rubies."
- "Don't fight him, feed him. (Takes a bite of a sausage) Something spicy. Know what I mean?
Harbanno The Baker
- "This is illegal, you know."
- "Of course I'm on your side, but I still have to sell the stuff. Just pick what you want, I'll handle the rubees."
- "Here's the traitor, your majesty!"
- Captain Obvious:Kiro: Duke Onkled betrayed the King!Zelda: I know.
- Fan Nickname: The Youtube Poop community often refers to him as "Fari".
- Informed Attribute: Ganon calls him a "runt" in one scene, possibly implying he's a short man. It's hard to tell in-game though.
- Nice Hat: Wheres a wide brimmed hat with a feather.
- The Stoic: When he's captured by Ganon, he just shouts "Hey." indifferently.
- "Isn't it lovely? Bring some fairy dust and i'll make it a magic cloak.
- Before you face the foul fiend Ganon, you must conquer Fortress Central, where the treasure of death is located. bring it to me, begone!
- Ice Queen: She seems to be a rather icy woman in both a literal and figurative sense.
- Subverted Rhyme Every Occasion: "This shield both sword and spear deflects, but cannot stop the vilest curse. This crystal makes the shield reflect, cursing the curser with twice the curse."
- Purple Eyes
- Winter Royal Lady: She lives in an icy castle and dresses rather royally to boot.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is purple.
- I'm not afraid of you!
- Damsel in Distress: She is captured and imprisoned by Wizzrobe.
- Royal Brat: Appears to be very arrogant and self-centered.
- Magic Mirror: At the end of the game, she appears carrying a mirror she uses to look at herself. It turns out to have been imprisoning Link, as seen after Zelda takes it from her and breaks it.
- Purple Eyes