Even a game trilogy as infamous and silly as the Philips CD-i Zelda games have some pretty awesome moments, as these examples will attest.
- How about Link defeating his powerful archnemesis Ganon by simply throwing a book at him? And Zelda gets to do this in her own game by defeating Ganon with a simple wand?
- Heck, how about the fact that Zelda herself, the person the whole series is named after and usually delegated to being a Damsel in Distress, is not only made playable (something Nintendo never did until The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks many years later) but got two entire games all to herself in this series?
- Militron's Badass Boast "Now, you must DIE!" and his Asskicking Pose during the phrase is quite a standout in an otherwise very silly game, because it actually comes off as an intimidating line acted with conviction, not to mention the fact that the animation in that sequence is actually pretty good by the game's standards.
- King Harkinian gets a chance to establish himself as Hyrule's powerful ruler in the ending of Wand of Gamelon, by blowing off the traitorous Duke Onkled's plea for mercy by sentencing him to scrub every single floor in Hyrule.
- Keep in mind, this may imply he has to scrub the floors of the dungeons in Hyrule too—the "filled to the brim with killer monsters" dungeons. If this is true, then The King is by proxy sending the Duke off to his death!
- The Ice Queen's two sequences are surprisingly competently done by these games' rather low standards, and in some ways they actually don't feel like they'd be place in a proper Zelda title. Aside from some Department of Redundancy Department Rhyming with Itself in the second sequence, there's nothing unintentionally goofy, Link looks dignified for once rather than a goofy idiot (and a pretty-boy too, much like his various counterparts) and he doesn't ruin the scenes with any dialogue. The contrast with the rest of the two sidescrolling games is so notable that the Game Grumps speculated that it was directed by someone other than the normal director.
- This fanart, which turns some of the most mocked characters from the games into badasses.