open/close all folders
- The Atoner: She's trying to make up for living so many years as a bully and Alpha Bitch.
- Carnivore Confusion: Since she is a pony turned human, she feels sick to her stomach even looking at meat.
- Demonic Possession: She's eventually possessed by the last fragment of Enjin's core. Fortunately, she's saved when Rarity manages to exorcise him.
- Demoted to Extra: She's still a prominent character, but most of the development in the Equestria Girls-parts of the story centers around the Dark Hunters and the Sirens.
- Dramatic Irony: She's unaware that Irys is really a Kaiju, so she thinks Irys is just a girl from a broken home.
- Entertainingly Wrong: She eventually figures out Irys and Monster X are not really human, but concludes that they are Equestrians like her.
- Fish out of Water: Despite living for so many years in the human world, she still gets confused by certain aspects like Christmas.
- It Was a Gift: Irys gives her her necklace, which she starts wearing all the time.
- Morality Pet: She is Irys' first friend and one of the few beings she truly cares for.
- Secret Keeper: For Irys.
- Seen It All: After she finds out the truth about Irys, she comments that she's seen so much crazy stuff that nothing really fazes her anymore.
- Ship Tease: She's been hanging out with Flash Sentry a lot and he's become very protective of her. Princess Celestia starts shipping them.
- Spit Take: Does this when she sees Irys, Gigan, and Megalon inside the Power Ponies comic.
- Touch Telepathy: She eventually develops this power.
- Early-Bird Cameo: He briefly appears in the Holiday Special as one of the people who stare at the human form Monster X and Irys before moving on.
- I Just Want to Be Special: After noticing that magic seems to be contagious, he briefly complains that he's been hanging out with Sunset and the Rainbooms for months and he hasn't developed any powers.
- Nice Guy: He helps the Rainbooms set up their band and music room and expresses concern for Sunset Shimmer.
- Related in the Adaptation: Is related to Timber Spruce and Gloriosa in this universe.
- Ship Tease: He's been hanging out with Sunset Shimmer a lot and he's become very protective of her. Princess Celestia starts shipping them.
- Barrier Warrior: She develops the ability to create diamond shaped barriers.
- Toon Physics: She can do seemingly impossible things like her pony counterpart.
Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk
- Adaptational Heroism: Gradually, the Sirens go from being selfish sea witches to developing a greater sense of camaraderie and friendship over the course of the Enjin Arc. However, they still retain small amounts of their viciousness, haughtiness, and paranoia. Their response to Sonata's heart being stolen was to go apeshit on Princess Twilight and the Rainbooms, whom they believe to be responsible, and later for Aria to beat Sci-Twi within an inch of her life. Still it is a more selfless reason for going after the heroes than in canon.
- Ascended Extra: They are the central characters of the fic alongside the Dark Hunters.
- Beauty, Brains, and Brawn: While all three are fairly pretty in their human bodies, Adagio is a knock-out by beauty standards, Aria is the most fit and physically strongest; and Sonata is much smarter than she seems given her media awareness.
- BigSisterInsinct: They are unrepentant sea witches, but they deeply care for one another. Adagio and Aria go utterly apeshit after Sonata has her necklace ripped away from her.
- Child by Rape: Their mothers Hymnia and Melpomene were enslaved and eventually escaped from their Windigo captors pregnant. Not hard to see what happened.
- Clingy MacGuffin: The gems that are the source of their power cannot be removed with just brute force. They only come off when they want to take them off.
- Disappeared Dad: None of them knew their fathers, the above making the reason obvious. Subverted as they did know of their sires, but utterly loathed them. Said fathers turn out to be Windigos, who are also in the Equestria Girls world, so it's understandable they didn't talk about them.
- Does Not Like Spam: None of them like milk.
- Emotion Eater: They gain strength from people's negative emotions, especially hate. Aria eventually finds out love gives a bigger boost.
- Enemy Mine: They rescue and form an alliance with Monster X as either one of their forces alone isn't enough to destroy Enjin, who's going after them both.
- Enthralling Siren: They mesmerize people with their music to feed on their emotions and get them to do what they want.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: They lived about a thousand years ago, but when Star Swirl the Bearded banished them to the human world, they arrived a few months or years before the story started.
- Hate Plague: Their trademark ability, their singing can cause strife between humans that hear it. Its effectiveness on kaiju however is shoddy at best.
- HeelFace Turn: After their experiences with Monster X and Enjin, then Aria teaching them how to channel The Power of Love, they turn over a new leaf.
- Hybrid Monster: While "monster" is a very subjective term in regards to their mothers, they're a cross between a mermare and an unknown father species.
- Idol Singer: After turning good, they become a successful singing group who invoke positive feelings in their audiences.
- Last of His Kind: According to Adagio, they are the only Sirens period both before and after their mother and aunt died. Their species is not natural, but born from a union between Mermares and an unspecified father species, later revealed to be Windigos.
- Mind-Control Music: While it works fine on humans, it unfortunately has an adverse effect on Monster X, causing his Flashback Nightmare to pop up.
- Older Than They Look: They are actually about 2-4 years older than Sunset and the Rainbooms, but look young enough to pass for teenagers.
- Power Copying: They can take on the abilities of those whose emotions they absorb.
- Rapunzel Hair: They all have very long hair as humans, with Adagio's being the longest when it's not curled up.
- Required Secondary Powers: Since they are adapted to living in the ocean, they are not easily bothered by cold, even in their human forms. On the flip side, hot and sunny weather can make them feel light headed and lethargic.
- Royal Blood: Their mothers were princesses of the Mermares and their grandmother was the queen.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: After encountering Kaiju twice, they decide their best course of action is to move out of town. Unfortunately, fate has other plans.
- Semi-Divine: Their fathers were the Windigos, meaning for all intents and purposes, they're Grogar's granddaughters.
- The Middle of These Is Not Like The Others: Adagio and Sonata are siblings, with Aria being born in-between them to one of their parents' siblings and making her their cousin.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Varying degrees. Adagio and Sonata's mother, Melpomene, had a coloration similar, but not exact, to Sonata's and a similar curly "hair" style to Adagio; with Adagio's coloration coming more from her grandmother, Amatheia. Played straighter with Aria's mother Hymnia meanwhile looks a lot like her daughter with a similar "hair" and color style, but with her teal green and purple colors flipped.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Like normal mermares, they have a pathological fear of cats.
- You Can't Go Home Again: They dream of returning to the undersea world they came from before they tried to take over Equestria and were banished as a result.
- Villain Protagonist: In the Equestria Girls portion of the story, they, along with the Dark Hunters, are the most prominent characters. However, this gradually becomes downplayed as they lose their power seeking ambitions and find love and happiness. Their targeting of the heroes in this story is due to a mistaken assumption that Princess Twilight hurt Sonata and stole her gem. Once Princess' Twilight's innocence is established, they work with her instead, albeit while still keeping her captive to deter retaliation from her allies and out of their inborn distrust out outsiders.
Click here for her transformation
- Alas, Poor Villain: Genuinely remorseful about being taken away from home, feeling some bitterness towards Adagio and her ambition for getting them banished.
- Always Someone Better: She's the most athletic of the trio and learned some martial arts. Unfortunately, her attacker was leagues ahead of her.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: She comes from a magical land of talking ponies and used to be a creature who would lure sailors to their doom with her singing, yet she finds the idea of aliens hard to believe.
- Badass Driver: To her credit, she managed to keep control of a speeding van going down a bending rural road while it was being attacked by Monster X, at least until he wrecked the steering wheel.
- Battle Couple: With Monster X, fighting Enjin together in it's human form. During X's Behemoth Battle with Enjin's true form, Aria manages to launch an internal attack on it to swing the odds in his favor.
- Bequeathed Power: Right before Enjin absorbs her, she passes her necklace to Monster X, granting him her strength.
- Blessed with Suck: Her calming down and drawing energy from Kaizer Ghidorah gave her a portion of his power, vastly increasing her own. However she happened to do it right when Enjin was hunting Kaizer down. Due to now having a similar energy signature, Enjin starts targeting her too. As she absorbs more Kaiser energy, her personality also starts becoming more violent and ill-tempered than before and eventually ends up driving a wedge between her and the other Sirens.
- Bodyguard Crush: It's at first implied, and then confirmed she'd started gaining feelings for Monster X during the time he was charged with protecting the Sirens from Enjin. Leads to a Big Damn Kiss when they save each other's life and the threat is passed.
- Boxing Lessons for Superman: Her martial arts classes serve her well in situations where her hypnotic singing can't help her. Monster X gives her additional fight training to better apply her new strength and gravity powers.
- Breath Weapon: As a Siren she can already project her voice as an attack but after attaining a Kaiser mode for herself, her sonic scream is combined with a graviton beam.
- Combat Pragmatist: Is not adverse to using Car Fu to try and take out her attacker.
- Cute Monster Girl: Her transformed state, despite its slightly berserk and bloodthristy nature, is actually quite pretty.
- Deadpan Snarker: As per canon, she can be quite snarky when annoyed by someone, or when showing affection to X.
- Distaff Counterpart: She's slowly turning into a female version of Kaizer Ghidorah's human form, in both looks and personality.
- Emotion Eater: Instead of causing strife and green smoke she'd normally create, she actually managed generate more powerful red smoke of an unknown emotion while calming an attacking Kaizer Ghidorah down. Turns out that smoke is caused by calm feelings and The Power of Love.
- How Do I Shot Web?: After absorbing Kaizer Ghidorah's energy, she gained some of his abilities like Gravity Master, Healing Factor, and Super Strength, but cannot activate them at will. After the Sirens form an Enemy Mine with Monster X, she asks him to train her.
- Music Soothes the Savage Beast: As mentioned above, when cornered and about to be attacked by an enraged Kaizer Ghidorah, Aria accidentally sang a new melody that snapped him out of his rage. It was a lullaby sung to her by her mother Hymnia, which focuses on love instead of hate.
- Never Be Hurt Again: After losing to Monster X and having to be saved by Sonata, she vows to become stronger so that no one can ever scare her again.
- Not the Intended Use: Like her cousins, her siren heart is a Clingy MacGuffin that repels any attempts to grab it by anyone other than herself; though the action causes a recoil back into her with an energy jolt. Monster X uses this jolt to jog her back into consciousness during the hospital fight, and later to restart her heart after her giving him all her energy while being absorbed by Enjin nearly killed her.
- Official Kiss: Implied in the main story and shown in full in Building Bridges, she pulled Monster X into one of these.
- Power Dyes Your Hair: Her hair starts to turn golden when using Kaizer Ghidorah's power.
- Rapunzel Hair: Long enough to reach her hips even when tied up in her Mega Twin Tails and Monster X to warn her about it being impractical for combat. When her hair bands come out and she wears it down when in her Super Mode, it turns out it's even longer.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Her eyes turn red when using Kaizer Ghidorah's power. Later on she's gained so much power from him, her eyes stay red even when at neutral. While she does lose a large majority of the kaiser powers by the end, she still has a bit left that gives her eyes a few spots of red amidst the violet.
- Relationship Upgrade: Her and Monster X's relationship swings across the spectrum. First encounter they were enemies. Second encounter was a strained Enemy Mine. During the days of their training, Teeth-Clenched Teamwork that evolved into passive understanding. Last part of their training was them both taking a level in kindness to each other and acting friendly, if with some snark. When the nightmare against Enjin is finally over? Monster X gives her a Headbutt of Love and she gives him a Big Damn Kiss.
- Rescue Romance: Subverted with Monster X in the sense they saved each other's life at least twice before falling in love.
- Second Love: She's this for Monster X. The author even commented that fate sometimes gives people second chances when he manages to save her from a similar situation to the one that killed Controller 011.
- Ship Tease: With Monster X. They later become an Official Couple.
- Via some botched words between them, Monster X and her get a noticeable awkward moment right after fighting in their first encounter with each other.
- She blushes up again when he catches her from a fall, noticing the hold is effectively a one-armed hug.
- The activation for her Super Mode is seeing X hurt after fighting Enjin alone.
- After seemingly defeating Enjin, the two prepared to resume their fight, but found they couldn't bring themselves to hurt each other. Then she reached for X's face... only for Enjin to revive and interrupt them.
- Sizeshifter: Absorbing further doses of Kaizer Ghidorah's power makes her grow in height. Whereas she originally was shorter than Adagio Dazzle, now she can tower over her cousin. After attaining a Kaiser version of her original form, she's now roughly the same height as human X.
- Super Mode: During the rematch against Enjin, she releases more power from her necklace and gains a form similar to Midnight Sparkle and Kaizer Ghidorah.
- Took a Level in Badass: Besides growth in her powers, her training under Monster X puts her enhanced strength to use by greatly improving her martial arts prowess. By chapter 28, she is unquestionably the strongest of the three Sirens and come chapter 29, she transforms into a Kaiser version of her normal form. Although by the end of the chapter she's lost most of the Kaiser energy that she's absorbed from Monster X.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Over the course of the Enjin arc, she and Monster X grow a respectful and amicable, Friendly Enemy relationship due to their Enemy Mine against Enjin. The finale to the arc shows she's definitely gained feelings for him. This also extends to her fellow sirens in the end. At the start she was butting heads with and planning on taking revenge on Adagio. In the end she let go of her anger and reconciled with her cousins.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: If her and Adagio's memories are any indication, much of her current bitter and morose personality is a large result of losing her mother and then being banished from her home into the human Equestrian realm.
- What the Hell Are You?: Recognizes that her attacker (Monster X) may look human, but is something different. He throws it right back at her as he can tell she isn't a normal human either.
- Action Girl: She has several fight scenes in the April Fools' Day special and does quite well.
- Break the Cutie: Gets hit hard with this after her necklace is stolen.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: She is aware she's in a story, referencing the readers and author.
- Genre Savvy: She guesses that the Equestrian magic the Sirens are hunting is tied to someone at the local high school, because all the comics and TV shows she gets into with fantastical elements inevitably involve the nearest high school. She and Megalon also figure out the current plot they are in works a lot like typical crossover fiction and manage to avoid Let's You and Him Fight.
- Going Native: Seems to be the most comfortable with the human world, having learned to swim and is immersed in pop culture.
- Groin Attack: She manages to stun Monster X by hitting him with a metal pipe between the legs. She later tries one on Enjin, who is unaffected.
- Hammerspace: She is able to pull random objects out of thin air.
- Ill Girl: After having her siren heart torn off, she can barely talk, feels weak and emotionally distraught, and has a nasty scar around her neck.
- Shipper on Deck: She gives a huge grin when she finds out X and Aria kissed.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Trying and failing to mind control Monster X to get him to stop attacking? It wakes up Kaizer Ghidorah's personality and it drives X into a rampage in Zenith while trying to burst free.
- Alpha Bitch: Whether in Equestria or the human world, she aims to dominate and be popular.
- Aw, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: For all of her aloofness and controlling personality, she does honestly care about her little sister and cousin.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": Played with. When she revealed the Sirens' origins to their allies, Megalon started calling her a princess. She found this annoying and told him to cut it out. However, this is because she plans to become Queen once she returns to Equestria and takes over Mako.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: She can act very smug and condescending towards her subordinates. But when she sees first hand the changes that had happened to Aria, she breaks the facade and shows genuine concern. She then admits that she promised that she would protect the other two after their mother and aunt died.
- Heroic BSoD: She becomes very depressed when she is informed that the Sirens were jumped a 1000 years into the future and pretty much everyone they knew in Equestria except for a few like Celestia are dead.
- Hidden Depths: She reveals that she has a lot of knowledge on human anatomy and treatment of injuries. She says she learned it almost as soon as they arrived in the human world so that she could be prepared in case anything happened to them.
- Large and in Charge: Her human form is the tallest of the three Sirens.
- Most Common Super Power: Has magical abilities even as a human and is a knockout by human standards, large bust and all.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After coming to blows with Aria and deciding to keep her out of the loop on the lead to the Equestrian magic, after she's had some time for her temper to cool down and reminiscences on the past she ends up regretting both the fight and allowing her relationship with Aria to deteriorate so badly.
- Never My Fault: She never accepted responsibility for her pride helping to cause the siren's being exposed and banished by Star Swirl, earning her the ire of Aria Blaze. Her finally fessing up and averting this trope helps her and Aria reconcile.
- Pride Before a Fall: About a thousand years ago, the Sirens tried to take over Equestria. After feeding on so many ponies, she got so overconfident that she believed they would be able to defeat Princess Celestia herself, despite Aria urging her to wait until they were truly ready. They then went to Canterlot too early and were then defeated and banished by Star Swirl the Bearded, who isn't as powerful as Celestia.
- Promotion to Parent: At least part of her turn to villainy was stress of taking care of her younger cousin and sister after her aunt Hymnia died.
- Proud Beauty: Aria says that back in Equestria, she would boast that she was the most beautiful of the Sirens. In their human forms, she got or worked to get one that fits the beauty standard the most.
- Took a Level in Badass: At some point, she had fed on Monster X's energy just like Aria had and gained similar powers.
- Tsundere: Even to her own allies, her compliments are often snide and backhanded.
- Camera Fiend: When she runs into Irys, she immediately takes dozens of pictures, calling her one of the most beautiful girls she had ever seen. Irys is blinded by the flashes.
- Fauxlosophic Narration: Tries to stimulate Irys as her model with this.
Photo Finish: Oh yes yeeeesss! No! NOOO no no! Yee-No-Yeeeesss! Oh you are a radiant swan, an iridescent statue of marble with a flowing mane! Zhese poses you make, strike zhem, strike zhem!
- Funny Foreigner: Speaks in an exaggerated German accent.
- Large Ham: When she takes pictures, she's always yelling.
- Nonchalant Dodge: While taking pictures of Irys and inadvertently hurting her eyes with the flashes, Irys tries to attack her, but she easily leans and turns out of the way through constantly changing her position to get better camera angles and doesn't even notice she's being attacked.
- Spanner in the Works: When Bagan allowed Irys to return to the human world so she could eat, he took precautions to make sure she would not run into Monster X or Enjin. However, Photo Finish had witnessed X's battle against Enjin and took pictures. Irys ran into her and saw the pictures, alerting her to X's situation.
- The Big Guy: Is noted as being pretty strongly built and capable of picking up both his friends with ease.
- Nice Guy: Fun loving and a good friend to the girls.
- Real Men Cook: Stirs up the breakfast for the campers, including flapjacks.
- Adaptation Species Change: His species isn't known, but it's implied he is not a dromaeosaurid in this version. Judging by his features and illustration he appears to be a troodontid.
- Ambiguous Situation: Maia's father apparently knew him given he's depicted in his sketch book, but what exactly is why Maia tries to keep him a secret to find out.
- Contrasting Sequel Main Character: Differs from the kaiju from the main story in a number of ways. Chief being while inhuman and a hyperevolved dinosaur he's actually native to the Equestria Girls world rather than brought from another.
- Dumb Dinos: Averted. He's a very smart dinosaur, capable of using his environment to avoid his enemies.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: Even more so with evolved, intelligent ones!
- It Can Think: Shows this by out-thinking his attackers with strategy, recognizing Maia's stun light and being wary of it, as well as returning her necklace knowing it belonged to her.
- Noble Bird of Prey: Eno's docile to humans, fully covered in feathers, and is often compared to an owl or hawk. In fact, he's so avian looking Maia and Sunflower both think he's a giant bird of some sort.
- Pokémon Speak: Subverted. He can make other kinds of vocalizations but one particular one sounds like he's saying what he's referred to. note
- Raptor Attack: Averted. He's accurately feathered and bird-like.
- Stock Dinosaurs: Subverted. While he bears resemblance to a raptor, he's actually a different kind of maniraptor. Though his features and overall appearance imply he could be a troodontid.
- Adaptational Heroism: She doesn't go crazy with power like in Legend of Everfree. This is justified since, thanks to the Dazzlings, she has managed to get business for Camp Everfree and thus pay off most of her debts. Her friendliness in the story is genuine and not to cover for her growing stress.
- Ambiguously Bi: She seems to get flustered around both Gigan and Adagio Dazzle.
- Brains and Bondage: Given her prominent blush and stammering when Gigan tied her up with his cables, it might be a fetish of her's. She's also quite intelligent as an agriculturalist.
- The Chooser of The One: Is meant to guard the geodes until their rightful Bearers can be found.
- Female Gaze: Gives one to Gigan and later Adagio.
- For Want of a Nail: Monster X and Aria's battle with Enjin makes her discover the cave with the magical geodes and gain her powers months early.
- Green Thumb: Her geode gives her control over plant life.
- Hidden Depths: She apparently performed in a band in high school and knows how to sing quite well. She also somewhat knows her way around repairing machines.
- How Do I Shot Web?: She's still getting the hang of her powers. Animated vines sometimes sprout without her meaning to, usually when around Gigan. Adagio and Twilight start teaching her about magic to amend this.
- Legacy Character: She's not the first Gaea Everfree. Her mother Wysteria was the previous one. It's later revealed that there were others before her mother, all keeping the power safe until its rightful bearers to the Elements of Harmony could be found.
- Locked Out of the Loop:
- Although her mother was the first Gaea Everfree, Wysteria decided it be kept secret so that she and her brother could live a normal life as long as possible. She died before Gloriosa was old enough to be told.
- She's also not aware of the fact that the Dark Hunters and the Sirens have kidnapped and are technically keeping Princess Twilight captive. Twilight herself goes along with their excuse that she is really visiting them of her own volition.
- My God, What Have I Done?: When she was a kid, the Windigos amplified people's negative emotions. This made her so annoyed by her infant brother's crying that she was tempted to strike and smother him. She stopped herself in time and was horrified she ever considered doing it.
- Related in the Adaptation: Is related to Flash Sentry in this universe as their fathers are cousins.
"Not the first band I've been in either I've-"
- Bare Your Midriff: The most out of the Equestria Girls cast. It got plenty of guys' attention among other features.
- Punk Rock: Sports this sort of look.
- Relatively Flimsy Excuse: Adagio Dazzle passes her off as her cousin, though it's abundantly clear she's not actually a siren to anyone who knows the Sirens or can tell her magic is different. Granted Celestia does consider that while she might not be a siren, she could be a mermare relative.
- Secret Identity: Who exactly she is isn't clear at first. It's implied she might be a disguised Gloriosa Daisy.
- Statuesque Stunner: Much taller than Sunset Shimmer and having a figure akin to Adagio Dazzle, though not quite to the same level.
Boreas, Zephyrus, and Notus
- An Ice Person: They can create blizzards and ice storms when given enough power. Their ice does not melt under normal circumstances, even when blasted by Gigan's eye beams, though they melt when exposed to Harmony's magic.
- Arc Villain: Of the Rainbow Rocks Arc, having been sent to the human realm by Grogar when they were banished in Hearth's Warming Eve.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: They present themselves as benevolent spirits to Sci-Twi and Wallflower. As the other entries attest, this is very much not the case.
- Card-Carrying Villain: They are monsters, and they know that they are monsters.
- Contrasting Sequel Antagonist: To Enjin; both are supernatural entities who have targeted the Sirens in the human world, but whilst Enjin represents the earth, the Windigos are characterized by ice and winter. Whilst Enjin was very much an Implacable Man who would constantly keep going after his targets, the Windigos take a more intelligent approach to getting what they want, playing the roles of Manipulative Bastard collectively and take their time planning things out. And although both are servants of similar beings (Bagan and Grogar), Enjin originally started out as one of the keystones in Bagan's creation, whilst the Windigos were directly created by Grogar.
- Demonic Possession: Right now, they are incorporeal and have to possess human hosts to affect the world. Boreas is able to later possess Monster X when Wallflower erases his memories.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Horrifically inverted. Zephyrus pretends to be a good guy to Sci-Twi and Wallflower, so that he can get them to do his bidding.
- Feel No Pain: When they get broken bones and get stabbed in the eye, they don't react with pain, they react with anger over being attacked.
- Fighting a Shadow: They had corporeal bodies, but these are just avatars so that they can affect the world directly. Wysteria managed to destroy their bodies, forcing them to possess people to affect the world as it will take decades for them to make new avatars.
- Emotion Eater: They gain strength in the presence of negative emotions.
- Hate Plague: Their presence amplifies negative emotions like hate and despair.
- Hate Sink: They're a pack of psychotic, lying, scheming monsters , who have no problem manipulating a couple of vulnerable teenagers into doing their bidding.
- Implacable Man: No matter how injured they get, they keep coming.
- Kryptonite Factor: Anything with Harmony's magic burns them.
- Manipulative Bastard: Zephyrus, who manipulates Sci-Twi and Wallflower into doing his dirty work.
- Meaningful Name: Their names are taken from the a trio of very lecherous Greek gods of the north, south, and east winds. As windigos, they cause freak snow and wind storms.
- Revenge by Proxy: Zephyrus comments that getting Sci-Twi, who should have been one of Harmony's champions, on their side is the perfect way to spite Harmony.
- Serial Rapist: It's heavily implied that their gluttony extends to causing despair by any means possible. The Sirens are the result of them raping the Mermare Princesses. In their fight with Wysteria, Boreas attempts to rape her before she throws him off.
- The Sociopath: They have a need to cause evil and pain. And it shows!
- Super Senses: They can hear the infrasonic frequencies the Guardian Beasts use to communicate over long distances, though they cannot understand it.
- Villainous Breakdown: Notus has one as Junior uses his happy memories to give him a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown when he attempts to possess him. He goes from confident and sadistic to raging and spiteful...to flat out afraid for the first time in his life.
- Wendigo: Besides the obvious, their physical forms in the Equestria Girls world, at least before Wysteria destroyed them, more closely resembled the Wendigo myth, having skull-like faces covered in frost, frostbitten gaunt and unnaturally long limbs, with legs especially that are unnaturally long, and deer-like antlers. The narration even directly mentions how an Algonquin human from Terra, where the Wendigo myth originated in our world, would see Boreas.
- Would Hurt a Child: In the past, they planned to murder the Rainbooms while they were children, and were only stopped by Wysteria.
Your mommy and daddy tell you about a secret? Well I am one.
- The Chooser of The One: Is meant to guard her world's version of the Elements of Harmony until their rightful Bearers can be found. She even encounters a younger Applejack and determines she is a future Bearer. Later on, she goes into battle against the Windigos when she correctly deduces the children they are menacing, a young Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy, are likewise.
- Female Gaze: Gives her husband a few as a sign they are happily married and like to joke around.
- Green Thumb: Her geodes give her control over plant life, often growing tendrils and vines made of tree roots and causing an apple tree to grow to maturity rapidly.
- Happily Married: Was smitten with her husband, Salty Sentry. Playfully joking around with him, glomping him when he returned from a tour of duty, and implied to have a healthy sex life.
- How Do I Shot Web?: She starts out barely knowing how to use her powers, but thankfully her predecessor, Posey, left her a diary logging it all.
- Legacy Character: She was the Gaea Everfree during the 1990s and the previous holder of the title before her daughter.
- Pals with Jesus: Frequently was able to talk to Harmony. She's noted as the first Retainer of the Elements to befriend Harmony.
- Posthumous Character: She died from her injuries defeating the Windigos and only appears in flashbacks and the "Legacy of Everfree" special.
- Power of Trust: Revealed her form of Gaea Everfree to her husband the night before their wedding, as she wanted him to know the truth and trusted him.
- Related in the Adaptation: Hailing from Generation 3 with no counterpart in Generation 4, she's Gloriosa Daisy's and Timber Spruce's mother and by marriage, Flash Sentry and Indigo Zapp's aunt-once removed as their father and mother, respectively, are cousins to her husband Salty Sentry.
- Understanding Boyfriend: Fate threw her a bone as when she revealed her Gaea form to his fiance and later husband so he could know all of her secrets, he immediately understood and made love to her.
- Urban Legend: She grew into one across Canterlot as the "Tree Angel", which is what several children who glimpsed her Gaea for referred to her as.
Equestria Girl's World Twilight Sparkle
- An Ice Person: Due to channeling Zephyrus' power, she has his ice abilities.
- Body Horror: "Frostbite Sparkle" is a far, far more grisly version of the Midnight Sparkle form.
- Deconstruction: Of the Chosen One magical girl heroine. She thinks because her counterpart seems to be one, she must be destined for the same; not knowing Equestrian Twilight Sparkle only got to where she is by Celestia's instruction and her friends.
- Fatal Flaw: She thinks she has all the cards in order and knows exactly what's going on. While very intelligent, this led to her being horribly misled by Zephyrus.
- Heroic Wannabe: Zephyrus lured her in by exploiting her desire to be a great hero.
- Only Friend: Of Wallflower Blush, and vice-versa.
- One Steve Limit: Averted and used as a plot point. Most of the cast didn't even know she existed, and this causes the Sirens and Dark Hunters to mistakenly attack Princess Twilight Sparkle.
- The Power of Hate: To use her powers to their full potential, she has to feel hate. She tried using righteous fury, but that makes it weaker.
- Squishy Wizard: With Zephyrus' help, she manages to be quite potent in battle. Without it, she is quite helpless in battle, allowing Aria to give her one hell of a beating.
- Transformation Trauma: With gusto! The noises coming out of Frostbite Sparkle that sound like unworldly wailing are actually her screaming in pain.
- Unwitting Pawn: Unknowingly allows herself to be manipulated by the Windigos.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: She wields the Memory Stone, an artifact that can erase memories. This is played for maximum horror when she uses it on Monster X and removes all of his memories, turning him into an Empty Shell and the perfect body for Boreas to steal.
- Only Friend: Of Twilight Sparkle and vice-versa.
- Unwitting Pawn: She is manipulated by the Windigos.