hololive Japan (Original Gen [Suisei Channel] | Gen 1 [Fubuki Ch. | Haato Ch.] | Gen 2 | GAMERS | Gen 3/Fantasy | Gen 4 | Gen 5) | holostars | China | Indonesia | English (Gen 1/-Myth- [Ninomae Ina'nis Ch.])
Members with their own subpage:
Yozora Mel [JP: 夜空メル; CN: 夜空梅露]
Birthday: October 31st
Height: 154 cm
Fanbase name: Kapu-min
Place of origin: Makai
Affiliation: Makai Academy
Occupation (bar idol): Student
A vampire girl. Despite being a vampire, she's no good with blood. Instead, she loves acerola cherry juice.
- Adaptational Skimpiness: Her default 3D outfit shows more skin than her 2D outfits. She is noticeably the only hololive member to wear a different outfit in their default 3D model from their original 2D one.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her first outfit shows a large amount of her midriff which combined with her shorts shows off a lot of skin.
- Big Breast Pride: When showing off her 3rd 2D outfit, she makes a point of saying that while she's now fully covering her chest, it doesn't diminish her splendid boobs.
- Censor Box: Due to getting banned by a YouTube AI for allegedly her appearance in her return stream, she tried in later streams to cover her exposed upper body to avoid triggering YouTube any further. Her arsenal included black boxes with the phrase: "I love YouTube-kun", "YouTube-kun kapu!", "YouTube-kun is cute", "YouTube-kun kawaii ♥", and (roughly) "I ♥ YouTube-kun" written on them... as well as a blurry microphone.
- Commuting on a Bus: Due to her real-life schedule, she cannot stream as much as the other members and mostly does collabs from time to time. It was eventually revealed on her Twitter that her relative lack of activity was a response to a harassment campaign against her, as suggested by local police. Although at the end of June 2020, she was able to stream regularly again.
- Curtains Match the Window: Her eyes and hair are the same golden shade.
- Cute Little Fangs: On a normal vampire, these would be the can opener to a jugular vein's can. On Mel, they just serve to look cute.
- Daywalking Vampire: Seems to be this as depicted in official animations such as Holo no Grafitti, where she's seemingly unaffected even when standing in direct sunlight. Instead, heat appears to be her weakness, and in extreme cases, can cause her to shrink down in size.
- Dual Wielding: At one point in Minecraft, she decides to dual-wield a pair of shields.
- Embarrassing Nickname: BANpire, portmanteau of "ban" and "vampire". In June 2020, when she returns back to streaming after a long hiatus, her return stream was banned twice by YouTube's automated system in less than ten minutes. During this whole ordeal, Marine posted a humorous tweet, jokingly calling her a "BANpire". The name has since caught on and occasionally used by fans whenever ban-related topics come up, much to her dismay.
- Expository Hairstyle Change: At the end of August 2020, she received a less Stripperific Live2D model with longer hair and a pair of twintails.
- Fingerless Gloves: Her first 3D outfit comes with a pair of black fingerless gloves.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: With no intention to drink blood, harming anything, let alone harming humans, she's about the most wholesome vampire you'd meet.
- Gainaxing: An update to her Live2D model allows for her bust to noticeably move. In the same stream with the updated model, she brings attention to the improved bust in a way that probably would've triggered "Youtube-kun" but miraculously didn't.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She's noted to be very sweet and playful.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: Dresses in a Stripperific outfit and by the request of the others members, poses in a lewd manner, yet the girl herself is far from lewd.... For the most part, anyway.
- Next Tier Power-Up: According to a flashback shown in her 3rd 2D outfit debut stream, her new form is an transformation she was ultimately able to achieve thanks to Kapu-min's daily acerola cherry juice offerings.
- Power Makes Your Hair Grow: According to Mel, the power she gained from Kapu-min's acerola cherry juice caused her hair to grow longer.
- Refuge in Audacity: This whole segment qualifies as it's rather gratuitous and unabashed in showing off Mel's chest, which is made humorous when one takes into account her issues with YouTube's AI.
- Shipper on Deck: She's yet another vtuber who's a fan of Noel and Flare being together, as she once voice acted a scenario of the two out on a Valentine's date when the prompt was vague and could have been anyone.
- Stripperific: While her default Live2D clothing showcases a lot of skin, her 3D model's outfit in particular showcases much more.
- Tamer and Chaster: Her 3rd 2D outfit completely covers up her cleavage to avoid triggering YouTube's AI for indecency.
- Vegetarian Vampire: Despite being a vampire, blood squicks her. Luckily, she can substitute with acerola cherry juice, her favorite drink.
- Victoria's Secret Compartment: One Holo no Grafitti short has her pull an egg out of her cleavage.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Her first outfit combines an exposed midriff with shorts.
Natsuiro Matsuri [JP: 夏色まつり; CN: 夏色祭]
Birthday: July 22nd
Height: 152 cm
Fanbase name: Matsurisu
Illustrator: Minamura Haruki
Age: Eternally 16
Occupation (bar idol): High School Student
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Matsuri's actual mother is 51, but she can still sound cutesy enough to pass off as her older sister. It's to the point where fans have joked that Matsuri is just a clone of her mother. Apparently, the extremely youthful-looking avatar Mamatsuri uses on stream is actually how she looks.
- Actually Pretty Funny: During her collaboration with Coco's Reddit Meme reviews, She starts busted out laughing with the Gratuitous Japanese used by the reddit users. One particular word that really sets her off is "Yametekudastop", which sets her lungs in orbit.
- A God Am I: She has claimed on multiple occasions that she is both hololive itself as well as a god. Alcohol is usually involved. She eventually also declared herself a god of the English language despite her video descriptions always saying she doesn't understand it. That said, her first English-only stream immediately after went quite well despite her small vocabulary.Matsuri: I'm a god, you are dog. Heheh!!.
- Aggressive Submissive: Despite her very open advances towards her colleagues, she freezes up the moment someone reciprocates or takes the lead. This has happened with Choco in an ASMR stream as well as with Luna; she denies that Luna is more dominant than her, citing her lack of stamina, but when roleplaying out a love confession scene, Matsuri gets easily flustered when Luna plays along and encourages her to go for the kiss.
- Alcohol-Induced Stupidity: Every once in a while, Matsuri does a free talk stream absolutely smashed like so, doing silly things like expressing her desire to marry her chat, hitting on Luna, and screaming for no particular reason.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: On one of Matsuri's first streams of 2021, she brought her mother back on for the first time in over a year, now with a proper Live2D rigging on her avatar. Matsuri's chat immediately asked Mamatsuri what color her panties were. Instead of dodging the question, she lifted her skirt in front of Matsuri to check.
- Ambiguously Bi: While Matsuri has made no effort to hide her attraction to girls, she's stated she doesn't mind the idea of going out with guys either. The only reason this remains ambiguous however is that in the clip she reveals she doesn't care about gender, she also mentions she isn't against the idea of having a non-human partner either. Like a wolf. As such, it's a bit hard to discern how truthful her statement really is.
- Bare Your Midriff: Pretty much all of her outfits expose her belly.
- Big Brother Attraction: Manages this despite not having an older brother. During a stream with Roberu celebrating her streaming for two years, she revealed that what she wants more than anything is an older brother, to the point that she wished for one from Santa and eventually made an imaginary one. When Roberu asks what type of brother he'd be, she says he'd be kind, by her sweets when she was upset, sleep with her, hug her, give her headpats, and bathe with her. Roberu has to clarify that she's talking about an older brother, and comments on how that seems to go quite a bit beyond the normal definition of one.
- Big Brother Bully: Played for Laughs. She's a bit of a troll to her younger brother, and loves trying to rope him into some of her jokes.
- Bring My Brown Pants: She's infamously peed herself on stream while significantly drunk.
- Catchphrase: "Konbanwa-shoi!" (こんばんわしょい!, "Greetings!" but casually) to start her streams.
- Contralto of Danger: When Kanata asked Matsuri for her "sexy voice", she absolutely delivered. Kanata, in reaction, sounded like she was on the verge of shedding Tears of Joy.
- The Dreaded: Played for Laughs. She's gained a reputation among hololive members about her rather Lovable Sex Maniac antics. For example, she once tried to get Aqua to sleep with her in Minecraft, with Aqua commenting about how she has heard stories about Matsuri.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Several of her early streams involved her more or less playing a character. Nowadays, Matsuri is one of a small amount of hololive members who more or less plays herself. The only consistent thing she does is avoid giving her real age. To illustrate how far she went from her original character, she opens her Syobon Action stream with an impression of herself back when she made her debut. Her chat responded with nothing but "Who?" for about a solid minute.
- Everyone Has Standards:
- While she may be openly perverted, she discusses in one stream that while she is fine with lewds, dirty jokes and the like, that doesn't mean everyone in hololive is okay with being treated the same way. She's perfectly okay with it being contained to her streams, but she has stated she wants it contained to her streams.
- She's not above invading the space of other idols and planting kisses on them rather suddenly, if someone tells her genuinely not to do something, she'll respect their boundaries.
- Despite being well known for her absolute lack of filter on sexual commentary and defense whenever someone but her takes the lead in flirting and exhibiting more submissive traits in general, she's completely blindsided and shocked to hear that Nene's Casual Kink is men physically looking down at her and degrading her.
- Fountain of Youth: She once streamed herself inexplicably as a loli.
- The Gadfly: Presents herself as a Comedic Lolicon and occasionally talks openly about controversial Doujinshi on her streams. When she's accidentally raunchy, however...
- Girlish Pigtails: Her casual outfit has two varieties of this. The first has her twintails styled like Ojou Ringlets and the second simply mirrors her regular left-side ponytail on both sides.
- Glass Cannon: Despite being The Gadfly, she gets easily embarrassed around people more perverted than her, as she found out the hard way in a collab stream with Nijisanji's Chaika, another with independent VTuber Umi Yuugasaki, and when she meets a "fan" on Animal Crossing: New Horizons that's plastered crudely drawn phallic symbols all over their island. English commenters occasionally name drop this trope or its definition to describe this irony. On BiliBili, her Chinese fans use the term 0 DEF to describe the same thing.
- Hidden Depths:
- She hosts audio-only streams where she voices her thoughts, which can vary with how she felt about the day went to how insecure she is and how she struggles to connect with other people.
- Her video descriptions say that she doesn't understand English and frequently berates herself by saying she cant speak it at all, but she eventually did a surprise English-only stream that showed her basic ability was a lot better than what she had led people to believe.
- She actually is a licensed electrician, Type II/Just electric plugs.
- Hidden Heart of Gold: A mild case. Despite all her bluster on-stream, a lot of hololive's members claim she's the nicest girl in the whole group offline.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Matsuri's biological mom once joked about routinely fighting each other with kitchen knives in her daughter's youth.
- Humiliation Conga:
- Suffers one at the hands of Suisei when they played together in Project Winter where the latter cripples her, steals Fubuki's clothes, imitates Fubuki, then using a rifle with poisonous darts while she begs for her life until Suisei finally kills her with her gold axe while laughing about it. It got so bad, the other girls are often on edge whenever Suisei plays with them, and by the time she does get the chance to play Traitor, Suisei gets hounded by wolves, thereby robbing her of her revenge.
- She also gets this pretty bad while practicing for the Hololive Sport's Festival, where she challenged Fubuki and Aqua to different courses, only to get absolutely demolished by both of them.
- I Am the Noun: "I AM HOLOLIVE!"
- Immortality Begins at Twenty: Implied. The title of her 2nd birthday celebration video is "[Birthday celebration] This year too!! 16th birthday!! *also important announcement [#NatsuiroMatsuri3D]".
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Openly talks about her lolicon tendencies. Frequently sexually harasses other female Vtubers. Talked about buying a Tenga-brand sex toy while streaming with Kanata. All are played for laughs, but its apparently not limited to her streaming time, as other members have commented on her doing things in person to them.
- Little Bit Beastly: Her normal outfit has optional cat ears, while her casual wear has optional bunny ears.
- Meaningful Name: With the last name first, her full name means "summer-colored festival", an apt name for a Genki Girl.
- No Sense of Personal Space: She's been described multiple times as someone who won't hesitate to get into someone's space when face to face, driving the point home, she's often kissed or felt up a good number of hololive idols when she meets them.
- Percussive Therapy: Prone to hitting her desk when she's angry.
- Properly Paranoid: The entire incident with Suisei when her, Suisei, Watame, Roboco, Kanata, Coco, Aki, and Fubuki were playing Project Winter made her very weary of Suisei when they play together in other games, and there is a good reason why. When she played with Suisei with the aformentioned six girls, Suisei kills Coco, Fubuki, Kanata, and Aki in swift succession and when Matsuri was held dead-to-rights, Suisei steals Fubuki's clothes, imitates her, and gleefully finishes her off. In fact, when she plays with her again, this time with Aki, Choco, Mel, Haato, and Luna, she becomes very paranoid of her and actually deduces that Suisei switched identities with a dead Aki (who was both poisoned and killed by wolves) when Suisei becomes Traitor.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: When she heads to a nearby village with her new friend Chihuahua in Minecraft, a golem attacks her, and when she is down to two hearts, she tries to escape until Chihuahua ends up getting killed, causing the girl to kill the golem and the entire village that had nothing to do with it.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: She once loaded into a Minecraft session purely to flirt with Flare and attempt to get a kiss, only to be turned down due to not wanting to make Noel jealous. After which she immediately jumped in the nearby ocean and left.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: With Suisei, but only in Project Winter. They do get along fine in concerts, group streams, and off-stream. But when it comes to Project Winter, she treats it as a rivalry while Suisei doesn't really care for it.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Her hair is styled like this as she is one of the most tomboyish and non-traditionally feminine of the cast, alongside emphasizing her past as a cheerleader for which this would have been very practical.
- Verbal Tic: A nondescript "un" (うん, lit. "yeah"). She ends her sentences enough with it that even Matsuri herself can't help but notice.
- You Are Number 6: A variation. Her official reddit username is 7216. Explanation
Aki Rosenthal; AkiRose; Mukirose (Digital Avatar? Distaff Counterpart?) [JP: アキ・ローゼンタール; CN: 亚绮-罗森]
Birthday: February 17th
Height: 162 cm
Fanbase name: Squad Rose/Rosetai
Illustrator: Azumi Akitake
Age (at debut): 217
Species: Half-elf (born to a siren mother, and an elven father)
Place of origin: Sha-Le-Ys
Occupation (bar idol): Student
All the while thinking of the oasis.
Thats right, I have many guardians watching over me.
This fortune will surely ring the bell of my hometown.
Dont worry, for yesterdays wounds have already healed,
For today like before, the land is on your side.
Please, bring blessings upon the girls future...
Blessings upon her future as she sets off again.
A half-elf from Sha-Le-Ys, a world different from our own. Brimming with curiosity, she actively involves herself on various matters. Her trademark twintails levitate with the help of a mysterious force.
- Anime Hair: Her trademark twintails are separated and float behind the rest of her hair, which is styled in a perfectly sensible bob cut.
- The Beastmaster: In ARK: Survival Evolved, she has a rather large group of tamed dinosaurs to use as mounts and has tried to tame other creatures as pets.
- Belly Dancer: She's focused on being one and has streamed some basic lessons for her viewers.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Downplayed, but she's had her share of odd moments, such as the Akichopper or the creation of MukiRose. There's also the time that, on a joking prod, she tried to drink a cocktail through her nose because said drink came with two straws.
- Conlang: Her song Shallys is sung in an elven language she created.
- Covert Pervert:
- Matsuri of all people calls her out as being dirty-minded and mentions a moment where Aki misheard "Tenjin Kotone" t-shirt as "Chinchin Katame" Translation t-shirt.
- She's awkwardly refused to lend her Kindle to her brother due to purchasing lewd comics on it.
- She's said multiple times her favorite tag on hentai websites is Naughty Tentacles, and encourages her fans to draw erotic art of her. Ninomae Inanis' design sent her heart racing, leading to a somewhat flirty twitter exchange between the two.
- In general, she is good at surprising newcomers with perverted moments as she doesn't change her tone or expression when doing so.
- Does Not Like Spam: Pineapple on pizza. When asked about it, her answer was a string of "No"s and "No thank you"s. A picture of a dish with pineapple on the meat part was tagged so she'd see it. She responded with a Big "NO!" in english, suggesting it extends to pineapple on any sort of meaty thing.
- Expressive Accessory: The flaps on her "horns/antennae" are are rigged to move up and down as she emotes.
- Fantastic Naming Convention: Unlike all other Hololive Japan members, who follow Japanese naming convention regardless of their established background, her name is explicitly western-styled (denoted by the fact that her given name is officially listed first, and the use of ・ between the names).
- Hammerspace: Apparently, her Zettai Ryouiki is a portal from where all sorts of things can come out. Things that include enough poison to flood a room and people.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: She's one of the more frequent drinkers in hololive, has had a wine-tasting collab stream, and on one particular occasion, went through six cans of Strong Zero before falling asleep.Sleep-talking Aki: Life is 9% alcohol.
- Hidden Depths:
- She enjoys playing the drums and has bought her own drumset, she strives to improve with it, as she self admittedly has a way to go.
- Since the sizable influx of english fans, she has started to study English as to better understand them, to the point where she often adds in english parts to her video descriptions.
- In her Death Stranding, she has shown herself to have quite a talent for out of the box solutions to problems, might overlap with Achievements in Ignorance. One such case is using a ladder as a bike bridge.
- Hopeless Boss Fight: When Mukirose subs in for Tsunomaki Janken, any choice of rock, paper, or scissors all fall against her flexing pose.
- In-Series Nickname: AkiRose. It's usually used as an abbreviation of her actual name.
- Magitek: Her native world is implied to be full of it. Apparently, it's what powers her floating twintails.
- Nonhuman Humanoid Hybrid: A Half-Elf from another world whose other half is Siren. She somehow looks perfectly human.
- No Sense of Direction: She gets easily lost, even in ARK: Survival Evolved despite her playtime, and says she does much better in games where it's not possible to go off-track.
- Precision F-Strike: Very rarely she gets agitated enough to say what comes out to be "Faq", such as in part 12 of her Death Stranding series, when there was trouble with youtube due to among other things a typhoon where she eventually said "Faq U typhoon!"
- Rated M for Manly: MukiRose, her player character in ARK. A towering, blonde bearded muscle man with flowing locks, a hawaiian shirt and no pants. Muki's accomplishments include trying to tame a Rock creature with a rocket launcher and said to have punched out a smaller dinosaur. Mukirose has proven to be quite popular with her fanbase and has even recieved an official redesign by Aki's character designer. The nickname has gone to to cover anything Aki does that falls under this trope.
- Really 700 Years Old: The first hint that she isn't human is the fact that she gave her age as 17+200 years old. Indeed, she looks like she would be 17 years old if she was human.
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: On top of one of her outfits being basically lingerie, she happily reads out some fairly seductive fan suggested lines. And she shows that she can belly dance quite well (using a seemingly nude silhouette) During her 3D birthday party she does whatever erotic pose the other gen1 girls suggest, even admitting that she kinda likes it.
- She's Got Legs: As her 3D debut stream especially shows, her legs are rather shapely and accentuated by her thigh high boots.
- Shout-Out: YAGOO named her "Rosenthal" after Reuenthal from Legend of Galactic Heroes.
- Some Call Me "Tim": Twice in fact. According to her, "Aki Rosenthal" is not her real name, but a name given to her by YAGOO as her Sha-Le-Ys name is difficult for earthlings to pronounce. This name then gets simplified further to the "AkiRose" she goes by today.
- String Theory: She made one when attempting to explain the entire story of Death Stranding chapter by chapter.
- Tears of Joy: She discovered she landed 200,000 subscribers overnight when someone translated her struggle as a hololive Vtuber. She then found out Reddit users found out about said struggle and subbed to her en masses. She was moved to tears when she found out.