hololive Japan (Original Gen [Suisei Channel] | Gen 1 [Fubuki Ch. | Haato Ch.] | Gen 2 | GAMERS | Gen 3/Fantasy | Gen 4 | Gen 5) | holostars | China | Indonesia | English (Gen 1/-Myth- [Ninomae Ina'nis Ch.])
open/close all folders
Hanasaki Miyabi [JP: 花咲みやび]
"The peach blossom is his trademark. He is a cute kind of boy. Usually calm, his attitude may shift during gaming."
Debut date: June 8th, 2019
Birthday: March 3rd
Height: 174 cm
Fanbase name: Hanamigumi
Birthday: March 3rd
Height: 174 cm
Fanbase name: Hanamigumi
- Adorable Abomination: His Hanasaki forest animals...can leave quite the impression on people.
- Ambiguously Human: Parodied. Has claimed to be a spirit of a flower, a fairy, and a flower wizard before as a joke, but has expressed interest in re-working his profile to be more fantastical after looking at the profiles of the latter generations.
- Bishounen: See Dude Looks Like a Lady below.
- Color Motif: Red.
- Cool Shades: Sports these in his summer variant, with the ability to put them on anytime he wants.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: Played with. Occasionally, some of his streams involve his viewers suggesting toppings/ingredients to put into his food. While his curry stream was relatively tame, one stream led to the creation of a 'seafood ramen parfait'. According to Miyabi, it was delicious.
- Lampshaded by Roberu and Shien during a talk stream, where in a scenario where if Holostars runs a bistro, Miyabi wouldn't be picked to cook.
- Covert Pervert: Averted for the most part, but has his moments. He once spent an entire stream gushing over the Holostars' summer outfits, such as Izuru's legs and Rikka's bare chest.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Often veers into this; for example when discussing the residents of his forest, bringing canned oranges as a topping for Aruran's birthday pizza, or mistaking baby powder for masking tape in his playthrough of Mother Simulator.
- Cry Cute: Although he previously resolved that he wouldn't cry until he graduated or got his 3D model, he's notably choked up at the end of the Holostars' Christmas meetup while giving his closing speech, to the alarm of the others.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Comparing him with the other Holostars, it can be sometimes easy to mistake Miyabi for a girl, as some new viewers do from time to time. Lampshaded during a collab talk with Rikka, Izuru, Roberu and the 3rd gens when discussing Miyabi's new year attire, which brings this trait Up to Eleven.
- Flower Motifs: As described in his official description, peach blossoms are his main motif but he's also heavily associated with cherry blossoms. note
- Gratuitous English: Self-admitted to have very weak English skills, with him struggling to pronounce English words. He even once managed to mistranslate a congratulatory message sent to him as an extortion letter.
- Ill Boy: According to his bio, he is sickly and physically weak, and leaving his home for too long will trigger his "frail skill". This has led him to be unable to attend swimming classes and school trips in the past, much to his dismay.
- His debut stream sheds some light on this. According to him, the skill will activate if he moves around energetically for 5-10 minutes, causing symptoms such as nausea, dizziness and headaches.
- He's also seen to be struggling when he collabed with Shien and Roberu at Ring Fit Adventure, a physically demanding game, on two separate occasions. Regardless, he's adamant on playing the game again when he gets his 3D model.
- According to some of the other Holostars, he's also on the thin side, and they occasionally worry about his eating habits.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: During a superchat reading, Miyabi mentions that he likes feminine mannerisms, and has already worn women's clothing on occasion.
- Hidden Depths:
- Some of his talk streams can veer into more emotional territory. Although he understands that it's important to be cheerful in front of his audience, he admits that he actually enjoys such talks.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: While he doesn't appear to specialize in any game genre, he's still able to fare well enough on nearly any game he plays. True to this aspect, he streams a variety of games.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: He (and his family) own six cats. Five of the six cats' names are currently known.note Ironically, Miyabi himself is allergic to cats, but according to him, he's used to it - he just can't have them in his room.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: His White Day and New Year's outfits show that his hair reaches to about his shoulders or so.
- Mellow Fellow: Miyabi is often cheerful and calm, and rarely displays negative emotion even when playing high-tension games, though he does scare rather easily.
- Only Sane Man: Averted. From his appearance and demeanor, one can be fooled into thinking that he's the most normal among the Holostars. It's true, if you ignore his forest of bizarre animals and his streams revolving them.Astel: Miyabi-kun is the most out of his mind-have you not seen the inhabitants of his forest!? [...] It's darkness, pure darkness. DARKNESS!
- Refuge in Audacity: His streams involving his Hanasaki forest occasionally veer into this, if the animals themselves weren't weird enough.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: Though his hair is red, his gentle behavior definitely qualifies him as one.
- Sempai/Kohai: Being the first one to debut, he is the senpai to the rest of the Holostars, although this distinction generally isn't emphasized (not that he wants it to be, although he has bemoaned how he's never been treated as a senpai in the first place).
- Ship Tease: With Temma, known as 'Hanakishi' as a duo. Miyabi has mentioned that with Temma, he has 'overcome the distance between senpai and kouhai', and in one stream, said that among the Holostars, he would choose to date him (after considering Astel and dismissing him due to his 'playboy' tendencies).
- Skewed Priorities: His playthrough of Mother Simulator has a significant amount of time dedicated to just Miyabi trying to improve his score at the diaper-throwing minigame.
- Terrible Artist: Miyabi's drawings of the animals of Hanasaki Forest can be described as 'very creepy', and leaves much to be desired. That being said, an acrylic keychain and t-shirt of his drawings are actually available for purchase in Japan as merchandise.
- The Ageless: Has joked that he is 'eternally' eighteen years old.
- Token Wholesome: Enforced by the other Holostars moreso than by himself.
- When he once replied "Ohaeroga!" back to Oga's tweet, Oga's response was to tell him not to say "ero."
- In the same stream where he was thirsting over the other Holostars' summer costumes, Astel and Izuru's response to Miyabi expressing a desire to also be "sexy" was that he was not allowed to strip.
Kagami Kira [JP: 鏡見キラ]
"A competitive crossdresser that loves to draw attention and wishes to become an idol. He has been good at gaming since childhood. PvP is his specialty."
Debut date: June 9th, 2019
Retirement: November 30th, 2020
Birthday: October 26th
Height: 156 cm
Fanbase name: Kirarian
Illustrator: Nozaki Tsubata
Retirement: November 30th, 2020
Birthday: October 26th
Height: 156 cm
Fanbase name: Kirarian
Illustrator: Nozaki Tsubata
- Alliterative Name: Kagami Kira.
- Bare Your Midriff: His default attire exposes his navel.
- Brutal Honesty: According to Astel, this was how Kira gave his criticism regard Chibistars' performance in Apex. He would be be upfront about what they did wrong, and the other two doing the same in turn. As such, this was the method that he later employed with Aruran during training.
- Career-Ending Injury: Having always faced problems with his weak constitution, he eventually found it difficult to continue activities due to his mental and physical health and decided to retire.
- Color Motif: Light blue/turquoise - While his color is actually turquoise, there was no heart emote that matched his color, thus he used a light blue variant instead.
- Curtains Match the Window: Turquoise hair and eyes.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The giving end of Shien and the Chibistars' collab stream of Getting Over It. He dominated the entire game (finishing at the 18-minute mark) when the rest struggled to reach halfway, even lapping several of them.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: He once conducted a cucumber-eating ASMR stream.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Being a professional cross-dresser, this is intentional. His voice is also more high-pitched and more feminine than the other Holostars as well. At least, most of the time.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita: His attire for his White Day costume. His planned New Year's attire also had shades of this, though it was never implemented due to Kira's retirement.
- Kimono Fanservice: Dons a woman's yukata for his summer attire in 2020.
- Nigh-Invulnerability: When it comes to survival horror, he seems never (or barely) get killed at all (the only exception being Outlast).
- During his Pien stream, Kira manages to avoid getting killed from the titular killer with split second reflexes.
- During both Among Us Holostars collabs, Kira was rarely targetted by Imposters.
- Out of Focus: Between his private life and his health issues, Kira's streaming frequency was among the lowest among the Holostars. Unfortunately, this proved to be too much for Kira to handle, and he chose to graduate in 2020.
- Token Mini-Moe:
- While not as drastic as his Hololive counterpart, he was the shortest member of the Holostars group at 156cm (without heels).
- This can also apply with his unit, Chibistars (alongside with Izuru and Astel), where all of them are currently the shortest Holostars members.
- Troll: Has done this at least twice to two other Holostar members (namely, Temma and Roberu), particuarly during Temma's Mario Kart 8 Deluxe stream.
- Vague Age: The only Holostar to not reveal his age, labeling it as "secret".
- Vocal Dissonance: Although his voice is typically high-pitched, his voice can get incredibly deep when he wants to, such as during a superchat-reading session, where his voice dropped by several octaves to the point where it has been described as being similar to Yoshikage Kira.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Kira's main schtick. His default outfit is a midriff-baring sailor outfit with thigh-high boots and a coat, and he wears a women's yukata as his summer outfit.
Kanade Izuru [JP: 奏手イヅル; CN: 奏手一弦]
"A dude trying to live his life with little money. As he has nothing to do, he treats housework as a hobby. He is kind of strange, but is definitely a good man. Though he is cool, he never forgets to thank people. He loves to sing and clean his guitar."
Debut date: June 22nd, 2019
Birthday: August 12th
Height: 163 cm
Birthday: August 12th
Height: 163 cm
- Animal Motifs: Cats. His hood has cat ears, and the pupils of his eyes seem to resemble slit cat eyes. His fans will also comment with a cat in a box while waiting for his streams to start. Notably, his nickname in Chinese is '猫猫'(Maomao), an affectionate way to address a cat.
- The Baby of the Bunch: He debuted at 17 years old, and he's currently the youngest of the Holostars at 19 (if you dismiss Miyabi's claims of being eternally 18)
- Color Motif: Dark blue.
- Country Mouse: According to Izuru, he was born in Tsushima, though he does not live there anymore. Despite this, he admits that he enjoys being near nature, taking walks by the beach and going fishing as a hobby.
- He once mentioned that after he stops being a Vtuber, he wants to become a farmer in the countryside, and part of his dreams includes buying a house there.
- Does Not Like Spam: He dislikes coffee, but conversely enjoys coffee jelly.
- Extreme Omnivore: He's eaten expired food, drank spoilt milk while eating spicy noodles, as well as consumed bugs on-stream (it's noted that he actually enjoys eating them.)
- In general, Izuru isn't particularly picky when it comes to food, as long as 'it's food and goes in your mouth, anything goes.'
- Flower Motif: Although not often shown, he is associated with black lilies, a fact that he mentions in his first stream. He was pleasantly surprised to find that his New Year's attire added them to his clothing.
- Gratuitous English: He has a relatively strong grasp of English compared to the rest of the Holostars, though he admits that he's still not very good. Still, he's capable of reading some of his English comments and responding in turn.
- He's Got Legs: A rare male example of this trope - his regular and summer variant outfits reveals a lot of his legs, to the point that it was noticed and commented on by some of the other members.
- Hidden Depths:
- Despite Izuru's younger age, he's quite insightful and mature, as once noted by Roberu, who considered him as a potential 'big brother' among the Holostars (before also calling him a 'shitty brat').
- Miyabi himself considers him more like a mother, mentioning that Izuru tends to spoil him sometimes. He also notes that Izuru seems to enjoy emotional talks, just like him.
- He can be quite blunt and straight-forward when it comes to setting his boundaries, and once called out a viewer who sent him a rude marshmallow about their entitled behavior.
- Large Ham: He yells quite a lot during games, notably during Apex matches (often with Izuru and/or Kira) and during the Among Us collabs.
- Meganekko: Sports glasses in his summer outfit.
- The Night Owl: A more implied example. While he doesn't do it as much on his own, he often accompanies Astel during the latter's long Apex endurance streams, which often start fairly late.
- No Name Given: Notably, Izuru lacks a fanbase name for his viewers, and does not plan on giving them one. Although some of them have taken to calling themselves 'nothing gang', much to Izuru's annoyance when trying to explain this in English during a talk stream.Izuru: 'None' is not your name. 'None' is concept, okay? [...] 'None' is not fan name, okay?
- Perpetual Frowner: His avatar's default expression.
- Trash of the Titans: If this is to be believed, this is Izuru's entry during the Dirty Room Championship (hosted by Roberu and himself)
- The Unintelligible: Izuru once hosted a stream while doing his homework. Due to being unable to tell his viewers what his homework was about, he just started mumbling instead.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: In both his default and summer outfits. Aruran once expresses his surprise at seeing this on Izuru's Minecraft skin during a collab.
Arurandeisu [JP: アルランディス; CN: 阿尔兰蒂斯]
"An Italiano who always tricks people with his dandy looks and the actual personality he has. A Mr. Nice who is calm and collected (at least, that is what he wishes to be), he has a bad sense of direction. He is also the kind of person who tries before thinking when it is up to new challenges. When he plays games, he sort of empathizes and gets into the characters role a bit too much."
Debut date: September 8th, 2019
Birthday: November 11th
Height: 186 cm
Fanbase name: Familiaran
Birthday: November 11th
Height: 186 cm
Fanbase name: Familiaran
- Affectionate Nickname: His name is often shortened to Aruran or Aru-san. His viewers have also taken to calling him Arupapa or just 'Papa', which he encourages.
- ASMR Video: He once did airsoft gun assembly ASMR.
- Big Eater: Like Astel, Aruran can pack away quite a bit of food when he wants to. Notably for his combined 60/70k subscribers celebration, he decided to eat 42 slices of pizza on stream, which took him about 6 hours to finish.note
- But Not Too Foreign: According to his profile, he's Italian, but has all the mannerisms akin to a typical Japanese person.
- Butt-Monkey: He tends to be on the receiving end of this. During the Holostars' Christmas off-collabnote , Aruran finished last in all of his matches by a considerable margin - to the point that he was the only one unable to declare 'last card' at all.
- In addition, a majority of those who used his Switch for the match ended up last in their own matches, leading to the others joking that Aruran's Switch was cursed, with him remarking afterwards that he'll take it to an exorcist.
- Color Motif: Dark green
- Comically Missing the Point: When asked on how to get rid of one's indecisiveness, he answers that it isn't a bad thing - only to launch into a review on a fictional study on the matter. Lampshaded by the video captions, which note that by that point, 'he's just saying whatever now', cutting him off before he even finishes.
- Consummate Liar: When playing Among Us, he's probably tied with Temma for being the most efficient imposter of Holostars by manipulating his friends with a straight face.
- Cool Old Guy: Apart from his significant older appearance, he's also the oldest among the Holostars at 37 years old (if you dismiss Oga's additional 5000 years). His foreign fans tend to address him as 'Arupapa' as a result.
- Cool Teacher: Every now and then, Aruran hosts 'lecture streams' for his viewers. In November 2020, he started hosting lectures to teach his overseas viewers Japanese slang.
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: While usually averted, his ehomaki-making and eating stream has him show a photo of the sushi roll in question...which includes ingredients like natto, salad, and marshmallows. An earlier tweet further reveals what he had bought for the stream.
- Determinator: After being invited to enter Shibuya Hal's Vtuber Apex tournament, Aruran started partaking in daily training, not only with the others but on his own time as well. This is notable as prior to this, Aruran was only ranked Bronze - by the end of the tournament, he was able to face off against Diamond-ranked (and occasionally Predator) players, and provided valuable support for Izuru and Astel as Bloodhound. Better yet: this all took place within just one month.
- Shortly after the final match, Aruran notes that he really wanted to work hard in order not to bring Astel and Izuru down as the weakest player, leading to a heartwarming moment among the three as they thank each other for their hard work, with Astel admitting that he had already wanted Aruran with them from the start.
- Gratuitous English:
Aruran: Nice to meet you! [...] Hey! Are you winning dad? Hey! My name is Arurandeisu!
- Has been picking up a considerable amount of English from his viewers. He has been hosting cultural exchange streams specifically for his international fans to teach him English internet slang or for him to teach them Japanese culture and slang. Despite difficulty recalling words, it's noted that he has a good grasp of basic sentence structure, and his comprehension reading it is getting better.
- Played for Laughs during his Phasmophobia collab with Oga, Risu and Iofi, where after using his newfound English skills to communicate to a ghost, Oga noted that all ghost activity dropped during the process.
- Only One Name: Aruran is only known by Arurandeisu, and lacks a family name.
- So Unfunny, It's Funny: Aruran hosted a stream titled as "JP/EN Dadjoke Exchange!", where he encouraged his viewers to share as many Dad jokes with him as possible.
- Team Dad: Both his appearance and his personality highlight him as this. He has been acknowledged by the other members as a stable rock amongst the group members, being both a reliable and easygoing guy.
- According to Temma, his first impression of Aruran was someone he can depend on whenever he has any troubles.
- Notably, Astel once called him on Discord at 2am while playing House on the Hill, wanting company due to being terrified. While Aruran missed the initial call, he not only called Astel back, but willingly accompanied Astel for the remainder of the stream, which ended at 4am.
- Troll: True to his character profile, some of Aruran's antics can really throw people in for a loop.
- During Rikka's 3D debut, he sends his congratulations by effectively recreating a bootleg version of the congratulations scene from Neon Genesis Evangelion
- During his birthday stream in 2020, he gives a heartfelt thank you message to his viewers before his avatar slowly fades away for several minutes, to everyone's panic (before reappearing while laughing at the comments).
- His New Year attire stream reveals that it's...a shishimai, hyping it up before eventually showing his actual attire. It doesn't stop him from using the shishimai as his Live2D avatar though.
- He, along with Astel, hijacked Miyabi and Temma's Discord call during their playthrough of Plasmaphobia in order to prank them.note
- Terrible Artist: Although not on the same level as Roberu, some of his thumbnails and waiting screen are quite the sight to behold.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pizza, particularly Margherita. He's also receptive towards pineapple on pizza.
Rikka [JP: 律可; CN: 律可]
"A robot created for Holostars. As he loves to learn new things, he absorbs all sorts of information from databases and the Internet. He is also interested in human beings, which is why he started streaming, even though sometimes he suddenly bugs out and becomes awkward."
Debut date: October 20th, 2019
Birthday: April 15th
Height: 179 cm
Fanbase name: Tuner
Birthday: April 15th
Height: 179 cm
Fanbase name: Tuner
- Ac CENT Upon The Wrong Syl LA Ble: Occasionally while trying to speak English, this ends up happening to not only his English but his Japanese as well.
- Affectionate Nickname: Matsuri calls him Ricchan, while some of the Holostars address him as Rikkun.
- The Alcoholic: Implied. In December 2020, Kurand (a Japanese alcohol company) released Holostar-themed liquor bottles, with Roberu, Rikka and Aruran tasting the drinks on site to decide what flavors to use. According to Roberu's account, while he himself drank moderately, Aruran got drunk and Rikka drank everything straight from the bottle.
- Bad Liar: His Among Us streams reveals that he's not that great at deception.
- Color Motif: Light pink.
- Cool Mask: Dons a kitsune mask in his summer variant outfit.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Although his official bio describes him as an airhead, he denies this. That being said, Rikka reportedly only has 2GB worth of memory, which explains his occasional forgetfulness and spacy-ness.
Rikka: And, uh...what was I going to say...huh? What was the dilemma again? Well, whatever! See you later! Bye bye!
- During his debut stream, he had trouble remembering what his tags were, having forgotten all about it.
- An official Holostars clip had him answer a question about jealousy, only to be distracted by the pudding sent to him at the end. He ends up talking his pudding preferences, and forgot what the original question was about.
- After the Holostars christmas off-collab, he got jokingly offended when a fan commented that Astel's Christmas gift from Roberu (a 128GB SD card) had more memory than Rikka himself.
- Does Not Like Spam: He doesn't like wasabi and chili (or spicy things in general), though he clarifies that it's less because he dislikes them, but that consuming them would lead to him breaking down.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": During his introduction stream, he mentions that he dislikes being addressed as '-san', due to him wanting to be closer to everyone as friends.Rikka: (during his debut stream) I'm just half a year old, so...I'd rather be called '-kun' more...
- Engrish: Despite Rikka being able to read some English words, it's also apparent that he doesn't necessarily understand what they mean. With some of his streams focusing on learning English via Reddit, however, he seems to be improving.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: His default outfit includes a long jacket that covers his body save for his upper left side.
- Idol Singer: He's arguably the strongest contender for this role in Holostars, with his first single 're: Hello, world' releasing on Spotify. His New Year resolutions also consist of wanting to host more lives and to release more songs.
- He has participated in a few 3D lives, such a piano live with Matsuri and TUBEOUT with Azki. For his first anniversary, he hosted his own solo live.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: He owns a cat and a dog.
- Meganekko: During New Year's, his new outfit gives him this.
- The Nicknamer: Has nicknames for each of the Holostars members (and Shinove, who he calls Shii-chan), with Shien being the only exception thus far.
- Miyabi: Miyabin
- Izuru: Izu-Izu
- Kira: Kiracchi
- Arurandeisu: Aru-san
- Suzaku: Suu-san
- Astel: Ru-tan
- Temma: Ten-chan
- Roberu: Roberun
- Oga: O-chan
- Not a Morning Person: Rikka has trouble waking up in the morning. When gifted a light-sensitive alarm clock from Izuru, he comments that he just might be able to start hosting morning streams with it.
- Only One Name: Like Aruran, Rikka lacks a last name.
- Only Sane Man: After Astel's discussion regarding the most 'normal' member of Holostars, he's tentatively this to most fans, due to not (blatantly) exhibiting any weird behavior. That being said, considering his competition, the bar was already on the ground.
- Peek-a-Bangs: His hair is restyled to this in his New Year's variant, covering his left eye.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Matsuri, sharing a sibling-like bond. As 'Matsurikka', they have covered several songs together, as well as collabing with one another on occasion.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: Rikka is a holoroid, an android created for Holostars. If not for his bio mentioning this, you probably wouldn't have realized he isn't human.
- Signature Instrument: The guitar he carries around was a gift to him by Yagoo, and is always present during his singing streams. This is averted for his New Year attire, where he instead uses a modified shamisen (that produces acoustic sounds).
- Singing Voice Dissonance: Downplayed. He usually speaks in a soft-spoken, gentle tone, but his singing voice can get quite powerful, and can go into falsetto when needed.
- The Southpaw: He's left-handed, according to his bio.
- The Straight Man: Subverted. Despite his typical demeanor, you'd expect him to play this for the other Holostars. The truth is that he ends up blending with the rest and can be just as big of a 'kusogaki'note as them. Instead, it's Roberu (who's ironically regarded as one of the weirdest members overall) who ends up playing this role.
- Sweet Tooth: His favorite food is almond chocolate, and was delighted to receive a bottle of Godiva's chocolate liquor from a fan, mentioning that it was one of his 'dream gifts'.
- Once, during a superchat reading session, he muses that he'll make good use of the money for improving his stream and music videos, and definitely not on a 10-year supply of chocolate.
- Yes-Man: During Matsurikka's Human: Fall Flat stream, Rikka repeatedly follows Matsuri's instructions without question, despite it being clear that she's abusing that.
- Younger Than They Look: Justified due to him being a robot, Rikka debuted at half a year old, and is currently a little over a year old despite looking like a young adult.
Yakushiji Suzaku [JP: 薬師寺朱雀]
"Raised by his grandmother since his childhood, he prefers the Japanese style of things. He wears a kimono that has been passed down in the Yakushiji family for generations and carries a sword as a good luck charm at all times. He is basically sketchy. He is a lonely person, but he is not good at crowded places. He is the type of person who is totally absorbed in games."
—Suzaku's official description (translated from Japanese)
Debut date: September 7th, 2019
Retirement: March 6th, 2020
Birthday: March 24th
Height: 180 cm
Illustrator: Fuji Mitsuya
Retirement: March 6th, 2020
Birthday: March 24th
Height: 180 cm
Illustrator: Fuji Mitsuya
- Color Motif: Dark red.
- Comedic Sociopathy: During a talk stream, Suzaku expresses a desire to own an uninhabited island, which leads to this realization:Suzaku: (reading the definition of an uninhabited island) So that means if I get rid of everyone in Japan, it'll become uninhabited...
- Cool Sword: Shuchoumaru, his sword that he carries around, which he mentions to be a good luck charm in his family.
- His ideal partner, according to him, should also be able to use a sword, among other qualities.
- Kimono Is Traditional: He wears a kimono over his clothes that has been passed down in his family
- Large Ham: From clips, he seems to rival Shien in this aspect.
- Whining about how he wants to own an island.
- His attempt at intimidating Choco, Miyabi and Fubuki during their Dead by Daylight collab, only for it to backfire completely.
- His agonized decision-making when questioned on who he would pick in Holostars as a partner (complete with echo) before unceremoniously choosing Yagoo.
- The Gadfly: Appeared to be this, particularly during his Dead by Daylight collab by introducing himself in a falsetto voice (which was subsequently copied by Temma and Miyabi).
- Raised by Grandparents: According to his bio, he was raised by his grandmother.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Suzaku retired about seven months after his debut, before Holostars received more recognition. Upon Kaoru's own retirement, his channel removed all of his archives, making it difficult for new fans to even learn about him, withonly two clips of him on YouTube existing, although searching his tags can still net some results on Twitter and BilliBilli.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Averted. Despite looking a little intimidating (due to the sword), Suzaku was a cheerful, playful man who enjoyed messing with people.
Astel Leda [JP: アステル・レダ; CN: 阿斯特尔瑞达]
"Although he is kind of self-indulgent and childish, this Mr. Handsome cares a lot about his friends. He does not remember much from his past, however he sometimes stares into the sky and smirks. We wonder what that thing is that floats around him..."
Debut date: December 7th, 2019
Birthday: June 6th
Height: 158 cm
Fanbase name: Astellas
Illustrator: Nakamura Eight
Birthday: June 6th
Height: 158 cm
Fanbase name: Astellas
Illustrator: Nakamura Eight
- The Ace: Apex Legends is where he shines best.
- During a collab between SunTempo, Astel had to switch to a lower-ranked account in order to play with them. It does nothing to hide his skills whatsoever.
- Along with fellow Chibistars Izuru and Kira, he participated in the Vtuber Apex Tourney in 2020, hosted by Shibuya Hal. Overall, they ranked 5th place out of 20, with Astel ranking 4th overall in damage and kills with 4398 damage and 10 kills.
- 2021 had Astel, Izuru and Aruran enter the same tourney as RAG. Like the previous year, they ranked 5th, but Astel's damage and kill rate has improved, sitting with an individual ranking of 2nd for damage output with 5719 (he tied for 2nd in kills with four other players at 14).
- His sniping skills are highly praised to the point of falling into Improbable Aiming Skills. During a scrim match, he managed to snipe an enemy from the space under a storage container from quite a distance away, while under gunfire.
- In February 2021, RAG (under the name Team Holostars) also participated in a casual exhibition match at RAGE PARTY 2021. Overall, they finished with 3rd place, netting a total of 28 kills, with 15 on the final match alone. Astel and Izuru were also ranked 3rd and 4th place in terms of kills as well.
- Affectionate Nickname: He has a few from some of the other members, but a lot of his overseas viewers have taken to calling him 'PBB', short for 'Pretty Baby Boy'.
- Occasionally, Roberu addresses him as 'Leda' though it's usually played for laughs.
- After his impromptu Apex collab with Ollie, she and her fans have taken to calling him 'aniki' (a more casual way to address an older brother, or a person one admires).
- all lowercase letters: Astel's channel name is written as "astel ch." in contrast to other Holopro talents who have the first letter of their names and the "c" in 'ch.' in capital letters.
- Big Eater: According to Rikka, Astel and Aruran can eat a lot, much to his envy. This is supported during a SunTempo talk stream, where Astel notes that he can usually eat 20 plates of sushi, and 40 if his stomach is completely empty. Temma comments that despite this, Astel is still on the thin side.
- During an English-only Apex stream, he reveals one of his McDonald's orders.
- Came from the Sky: His lore video, titled as 'Project Gemini vol.α', explains that he was a space-farer who crash-landed onto Earth after his spaceship malfunctioned, before being recruited by Shinove.
- Character Development: Astel initially started off being shy towards people not from Holostars, and recalled being unable to really speak during HoloComi, which he attended with his gen-matesnote . After his impromptu guerilla with Ollie, he mentions that he'd like to collab with some of the Hololive members (like Iofi and Amelia), noting that he wants to change and become a senpai that his kouhais can rely on.
- Cannot Talk to Women: Downplayed. While Astel can be quite shy around strangers, this trait appears more prominent when he has to speak with women he isn't familiar with, as seen from his interactions with Matsuri and Leona during the Apex tournament afterparty.
- Rikka has tried to help with this via a Overcooked 2 collab with HoloID's Iofi and Risu, with some positive results.
- His guerilla appearences in Ollie's Apex streams shows his improvement, with the two developing a sibling-like bond. Astel later confirms that he sees Ollie more like a little sister, which may explain why he feels more comfortable around her.
- Child Hater: Downplayed; while he doesn't say he outright hates them, but he mentions that he doesn't like being around children, with his playthrough of Mother Simulator likely did little to change his stance on this.note
- Color Motif: Blue.
- Comedic Sociopathy: He set a village in Minecraft on fire after blaming it on a creeper.
- Cosmic Motifs: His outfit looks a bit like astronaut wear and it has a few four-pointed stars on it. The neck portion even has what looks like a starry sky. Appropriately, his setting is that of a spacefarer.
- Companion Cube: Pocket Wifi, the little jellyfish-like robot that floats around him sometimes.
- Cry Cute: Astel is audibly sniffling after the conclusion of the Apex Vtuber tournament as he thanks both Izuru and Aruran for their hard work, leading to all three of them crying.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: Ollie (from Hololive ID)'s Apex guerilla stream ended with her spontaneously asking Astel to join her for her last round, which he did. Considering that she was still a beginner, and Astel's skills being what they are, he swept the other squads despite the match being sniped by some of Ollie's fans - even generously leaving the last person alive for Ollie to kill.note
- Along with his initial refusal to reduce the game's difficuty to progress past the tutorial for 6 hours, his Nier: Automata stream was not banned once, but three times for no reason.note Despite this, Astel opened up another stream to keep playing, regardless of if it would get banned again.
- In general, this is one of his greatest traits, especially when it comes to Apex. He takes the game quite seriously, and tends to be hard on himself regarding his ability to lead a team (as seen during both the Vtuber tourney and RAGE). As a result, he tends to push himself a lot, as seen from his many kill endurance streams.
- Drives Like Crazy: For all of his skills, he probably shouldn't be in charge of driving vehicles in Apex.
- Escort Mission: During the afterparty of the 2021 Vtuber tourney, one of the bonus rounds included a 'Princess Round'.note Hilariously enough, Astel elected himself to be the princess, which led to a lot of chaos, done by himself.Astel: Our focus is...well, there's no need for princesses other than me, so destroy all of them.
- Fan Boy:
- Of Disney. Disney songs are common during his singing streamsnote and during an (impromptu) Apex collab with Ollie, mentions that not only does he live near Disneyland, but has visited the place at least 180 times.
- Within Hololive, he also has a particular fondness for Amelia Watson, having once sent her a superchat during her stream. In an unarchived singing stream, he gets incredibly flustered when she shows up in his chat and says he watches all her streams.
- Fantastic Naming Convention: Unlike everyone else, his name is written in western order.
- Gratuitous English: He can understand it a little, and occasionally responds to his overseas fans in English. He has seem to latch on to some terms in particular, though.Astel: I'll beat you up.
- Hidden Depths: For all of his bravado, Astel tends to overworry on occasion, and similar to some of the Hololive girls, is somewhat socially anxious as well, though he says he wants to work on it, and has put in effort in improving his communication skills.
- He holds a lot of love for Holostars, their fans and its members, both past and present, as mentioned during his 50k celebration stream. After seeing the love the graduated members received long after they left, he expressed his desire to carry on everyone's wishes for Holostars, and to always remember the graduated members.
- Human Aliens: Lore-wise, Astel's origins are unknown beyond the fact that he came from outer space, so he's interpreted as this.
- His lore video touches on some details - His kind appears to be known as the Nephlomachio, and had intended to take over Earth before his ship crashed onto it.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Astel's comments while streaming reveal that he's quite fashionable, and does take care in his appearance. He once discussed the types of makeup and products he uses while playing Apex.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Averted, then played straight. His playthrough of NieR: Automata started off extremely rocky, to say the least. Despite it being his first time playing it blind, he decided to play it on Hard difficulty, which would have been fine if not for the fact that he was using a mouse and keyboard rather than a controller.note Combined with the fact that game saving is disabled until the tutorial's completion, he spend 6-7 hours dying and restarting at the tutorial until he finally gave in and switched the difficulty to normal.
- Large Ham:
- Made of Iron: He does a lot of endurance streams, but typically comes out of it looking none the worse for wear.
- He once hosted a 12-hour singing stream, to the point where he was just slightly wheezing by the end.
- Near the end of 2020, he hosted a 24-hour singing stream where he sang over 180 songs non-stop.
- In preparation for a Vtuber Apex Legends tournament, Astel decided to host daily endurance streams with the goal of 100 kills per stream, three weeks in advance.
- Multicolored Hair: His hair is a bright blue with yellow highlights.
- The Night Owl: Fans of Astel can tell you that he's the posterchild of guerilla streams, which typically happen at around 1AM in Japan and can last between four to twelve hours depending on what he's doing. It is very common for a viewer to go to bed while he's streaming, and wake up to Astel still on the same stream.
- Only Sane Man: Played for Laughs. He discusses on who is the most normal among the Holostars, and eventually concluded that it's him.Astel: I'm truly the most normal.
- Refuge in Audacity: During one of his 100-kill Apex streams he suddenly started singing Onegai Muscle throughout a match only to immediately end the stream after finishing the song.
- Scene of Wonder: He completed building the exterior of Taj Mahal over the course of 7 months in survival Minecraft all on his own.
- Sleep Deprivation: Can and will do extraordinarily long streams, which are often overlap as guerilla streams. From 12-hour singing streams, 7-hour Minecraft streams and 14-hour Apex streams. By this point, Astellas are unfortunately used to it.
- Notably, after the conclusion of the Vtuber Apex tourney at 3AM JST, Astel ended his stream...after mentioning that he would be doing an endurance 100-kill run on Apex immediately afterwards with his coach and Aruran.
- Spiky Hair: His alternative hairstyle for his New Year's attire sports this, though he notes that the hairstyle might also be added to his existing outfits as well.
- Token Mini-Moe: He's currently the shortest member in Holostars at 158cm. Interestingly enough, he admits that he's actually shorter than that in real life.
- During Miyabi and Temma's playthrough of Emily Wants To Play, Astel occasionally dropped into their voice-call to make noises similar to the game's enemies, scaring them both. The previous day, he (along with Aruran) had done the same thing during their Plasmaphobia collab.
- Aruran's attempts at bullying Astel during a Minecraft collab backfires horribly as Astel repeatedly sends him (usually falling) to his death.
- Work Off the Debt: Played for laughs - Astel once joked that he has a debt of 6 million yen ($60000USD), and that being made to join Holostars to pay it back 'wouldn't be exaggerating'.
- You Can't Go Home Again: From his lore video, Astel accepted Shinove's invitation to join Holostars in order to hide away from his enemies and find his remaining crewmates.
Kishido Temma [JP: 岸堂天真]
"A cheerful and energetic knight apprentice from the School of Knights. He has never-ending smiles. Chivalrous spirit has meant everything to him since he was born. After graduation, in order to know more around the world, he managed to challenge lots of different things. He had his first ramen recently and he was amazed by it."
Debut date: December 14th, 2019
Birthday: April 18th
Height: 179 cm
Fanbase name: Kishi-men
Birthday: April 18th
Height: 179 cm
Fanbase name: Kishi-men
- The Ace: Is this for Dead by Daylight.
- He took down Miyabi, Fubuki, Matsuri and Choco without using a perk or add-on.
- Part of his usual content is his streams documenting his rise to Killer Rank 1; being the Killer is where he shines best, and is known to utilize the Nurse as his Killer of choice, known in the community as a Difficult, but Awesome Killer.
- This is slightly averted when Temma plays as a survivor - while he is still quite good, he still fares much better in the Killer's role.
- ASMR Video: Since buying a new mic, he decides to try his hand at this, with mixed results, zig-zagging between being pretty good, and it being...interesting.
- Black Knight: Despite his supposed dedication to chivalry, he notes during his New Year's outfit reveal that he's aware that his viewers tend to call him a 'dark knight' instead. When he reveals his attire, it's clear that this nickname is finally Played Straight.
- Color Motif: Yellow.
- Comedic Sociopathy
Miyabi: There's only two men left huh...Temma: This is teetee, but...Miyabi. Can you die already?note
- He tends to display this during his Dead by Daylight streams, when he takes on the role of the Killer, though this can also surface as a Survivor.
Temma: Ah, so it's wrong. I was raised like this though! You're weak!
- During his tenure as an Impostor in the group's Among Us collab, he gleefully kills Miyabi while humming the Star-Spangled Banner afterwards, claiming that "[Miyabi]'s blood was delicious". In subsequent games, he was visibly disappointed at not being picked as the imposter.
- Temma's playthrough of Mother Simulator includes him trying to wash his baby under a running sink, and expresses surprise that that was not the correct method.
- His playthrough of Hitman 2 has him mostly disregard any sense of stealth whatsoever.
- Consummate Liar: He absolutely loves being the Imposter in Among Us and is really good at lying his ass off with a straight face, including the collabs and his streams while playing against his fans. It's also noted that he seems to enjoy games that involve deception in general.
- Cool Sword: Received a proper greatsword with his New Year attire, introduced as "Tenken Yozora."
- Drives Like Crazy: Despite claiming that he'll properly follow traffic laws in-game, his Grand Theft Auto V stream had him committing every possible traffic crime under the sun, from speeding, to speeding against traffic, to running over pedestrians, you name it.Temma: (about to hit someone on the sidewalk) I'M SORRYYYYYYYYYYYY!
- Foil: Concept-wise, he's this to Shien. Shien is described as a tough and intimidating mafia boss from the land of beastmen, but never does any mafia-related activities (or remotely seen as intimidating for that matter). On the other hand, while Temma is introduced as a noble knight's apprentice, his bouts of Comedic Sociopathy tend to put his sense of chivalry into question.
- Gratuitous English: Temma's grasp on English is not the strongest, though he does make effort to try when interacting with his overseas fanbase. In turn, they have tried to teach him some phrases and slang during his Among Us streams. He eventually puts this to the test during an English-only DBD stream, with mixed results.
- During a Minecraft stream, Temma attempted to explain to his overseas viewers that his butt hurt in English, only to somehow translate it as 'my hip broke', much to their alarm.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Has blonde hair, and a pretty nice guy to be around. Just don't mind the occasional bouts of Comedic Sociopathy, and when his 'dark knight' tendencies emerge.
- Knight in Shining Armor: Subverted. While Temma claims to be from the School of Knights, he's done some decidedly un-chivalrous things, which leads his fans to think that he's more of a dark knight than anything else. Examples include:
- Eating the entire shortcake when asked to take a single bite of it in Kuukiyomi
- Cheerfully advising Oga to let other players run ahead and die while playing Fall Guys
- His complete lack of remorse when killing or sabotaging his fellow Holostars during several collabs.
- Ironically, he attempts to play this trope straight in his playthrough of Grand Theft Auto V by following the law. Said attempt is botched immediately when the game opened up with a bank robbery cutscene, which led to Temma profusely attempt to justify every crime he committed throughout the stream.
- The Knights Who Say "Squee!": According to Oga, Temma wanted to shake hands with all of the Holostars during their first offline meetup (which was Temma's first time meeting the members in-person). Specifically, he had wanted to shake hands with them as a fan (by using both hands to shake the hand of the other person, usually done at handshake events for idols).
- Play the Game, Skip the Story: In-Universe, this is a common theme with Temma, particularly his playthroughs of Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Mortal Shell, where he basically mashed through (or blatantly skipped) most of the story parts.Temma: (watching a cutscene for Hitman 2) As expected, I don't get the story.
- Hilariously, this trait of his is shown full-force during his membership release stream. Instead of the usual explanation of the membership and showing off the badges/stamps, he instead chose to immediately open it minutes after showing the tiers, which revealed that he hadn't even implemented any stamps or badges (it turns out that he had planned to draw them on-stream after opening membership), and in his haste, had even messed up the tier names as well.
- Ship Tease: With Miyabi, known as Hanakishi. They often collab and have starred in two songs together. A lot of their interactions can be easily seen as romantic, and Miyabi mentions that with Temma, he's able to overcome the gap between senpai and kouhai. On Temma's end, he reads off one comment which leads to this line:Temma: (reading comment) "Miyabi isn't your friend." (laughs) Well, he's my lover, after all.note
Izuru: Why does it look like those two are in their own little world?
- During the Christmas off-collab in 2020, Miyabi gifted Temma chocolate daisy seeds.
Temma: [...] The author deliberately chose to write the entire thing in hiragana, to show how cute HanaKishi is. Theres one extra on (syllable) in the last line which breaks the pattern a little, but the hidden meaning is that the poem hasnt ended yet, and the relationship will continue forever.
- In response to Miyabi's New Year outfit reveal, he tweeted a comment asking Miyabi to marry him.
- Astel jokingly wrote a haiku about how Hanakishi 'have been dating each other'. Temma responded with an analysis as followed:
- Skewed Priorities:
- In his playthrough of Ryu ga Gotoku Ishin!, he ends up spending most of the stream's duration gambling (first with hanafuda, then poker) rather than progressing on the story. His third stream lampshades this, titled aptly as 'Gambling, Gambling, Story, Gambling'.
- His solo playthrough of ARK: Survival Evolved consisted primarily of Temma trying to find (and tame) as many dinosaurs friends as possible, only to keep losing them at the same rate.
- Sleep Deprivation: According to Oga, when the Holostars met up for their Christmas off-collab, Temma admitted that prior to arriving, he hadn't slept for 40 hours. He acted 'loose and floaty' the whole time, though Oga notes that it could have also either been the alcohol or just Temma being Temma.
- Team Pet: In Febuary 2020, he received a pet ferret named Hiyamaru, who was born on August 10th. She tends to rest on his shoulders, and once replaced Temma's Live2D for an Ark stream. She received a New Year's variant alongside her owner, and now has the ability to rest on his head as well.
- Terrible Artist: Could rival Roberu and Aruran in bad thumbnail-making skills. It's become such a staple to Kishi-men that they actually become surprised whenever Temma actually makes a decent-looking one.
- That Came Out Wrong: During a guerilla Minecraft stream, Temma named the stream as 'Human Breeder' in English, without realizing the implications. He was trying to farm villagers by breeding them.
Yukoku Roberu [JP: 夕刻ロベル]
"The master of a hideaway bar: ROBEL. He streams before opening time. He talks to anyone openly, however it is hard to guess what he is thinking. Even though there are many chances for him to drink, it doesnt necessarily mean he is a good drinker. His motto is: Men happily believe what they wish."
Debut date: December 24th, 2019
Birthday: September 26th
Height: 181 cm
Fanbase name: Regulars
Birthday: September 26th
Height: 181 cm
Fanbase name: Regulars
- The Ace: Downplayed compared to other examples, but Roberu isn't too shabby at Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
- He has a very good sense of the tracks and their shortcuts, and does employ some strategies to win races (such as letting a racer overtake him so that they would get blue shell'd instead of him).
- This is best shown during the second Holostars MarioKart tourney, where he consistently ranked high in every race, even when being made to nerf his kart. That being said, he does get outclassed during online races from time to time.
- Affectionate Nickname: After a certain MarioKart stream, his overseas viewers have taken to calling him 'winning son', or just 'son'. To Roberu, it's this nickname that keeps him connected with them.
- The Alcoholic: Subverted. Despite being a bartender, his profile mentions that he isn't necessarily a strong drinker, and while he occasionally drinks during some streams (usually beer), he doesn't get himself drunk.
- However, this trope is played straight when it comes to Roberu's younger years, where he admits that he drank a lot in the past. During a talk stream, he recounted a time where he got so drunk that he blacked out in a train station's bathroom, and woke up confused while clutching the toilet.
- All Men Are Perverts: Probably the biggest offender among the Holostars:
- Frequently "admires" female characters in the games he streams, like dressing up the female characters in Xenoblade Chronicles in erotic outfits (the first time he did this, he declared the game 'the best ever' despite barely being an hour into it).
- He invited famous hentai artists Pochi (author of The Elder Sister-like One) and Itou Life to his bar, with him discussing with the former their shared "older sister on younger boy (oneeshota)" fetish.
- He admits to Ruri that he had bookmarked a few of her tweets where she posted some lewd fanart of herself, leading to him jokingly apologizing not only to her, but to Shinove as well.
- During a Guilty Gear stream, a viewer informed him that Dizzy received Clothing Damage when executing a move at low health. Without hesitation, he immediately tried it out, and was actually frustrated that he was unable to execute the move for a while.
- ASMR Video: Has done some very interesting ASMR. Behold, cicada and fireworks ASMR.
- The Bartender: Lorewise, he's the barmaster of his own bar, "Bar Robel". The stream ostensibly takes place in it In-Universe, as its interior shows up in stream openings and free talk streams.
- Bad Liar: His attempts to play as the imposter in Among Us are interesting to say the least. His most well-known incident has him claiming he had been at the cafeteria in the one map that doesn't have one.
- Subverted during an Among Us collab with Nijisanji members where Roberu managed to get away with killing someone who suspected of him right after the meeting ended.
- The HoloID/Holostars Among Us collab subverts this again where he managed to successfully frame Ollie for his crimes, only to get caught right after by killing Shien in front of several witnesses.
- Big "YES!": Yells this a lot when addressing his overseas viewers, typically to the question, "Are you winning, son?".
- Breakout Character:
- Roberu tends to be the gateway for new Holostars fans, due to his creative stream ideas, boundless energy and his ecentric behaviour overall.
- He has one of the biggest foreign fan base, with his 'parents' dedicated to supporting their winning son, and having a large number of translated clips being circulated. It also helps that he has multiple dedicated live translators not only for English, but occasionally to other languages like Spanish and Chinese. He's actually become one of most live translated members into English in the entire Holopro organization, beating out worldwide favorites Watame and Fubuki.
- In 2020, he became the first Holostar to reach 100k subscribers, double of his initial goal of that year.
Choco: What kind of stream is this? The moment I came here, you're ass-drumming! [Laughs]Roberu: CHOCO-SENSEI! NO! WHY IS SHE WATCHING JUST WHEN I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE SEEN?
- His Japanese viewers can be quite ruthless in their comments, leading to the joke of them being the mean parents.
- Although his English chat can be seen as the kinder ones, they tend to lecture him for his hilariously poor lifestyle choices, like being a slob, forgetting to eat, wasting too much money on porn, or exploiting Shien for food. This has sometimes led to Roberu attempting to avoid blame like a spoiled teenager.
- He also has extremely bad luck, terrible artistic skills, and no ability to plan ahead, all of which are frequently mocked by his fans. He also has a tendency to found in extremely embarrassing situations by female Vtubers, like his Oh, Crap! reaction to finding out Hikasa Tomoshika had bought and listened his boyfriend roleplay voice pack or Choco turning on his stream at the exact moment he had started spanking his butt like drums with autotune on.
- Asano Ruri's visit to his bar can be described as her gently bullying him the entire stream.
- Color Motif: Orange
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The giving end of the second Holostars MarioKart tournament. Considering that MarioKart is part of his typical gaming content, he consistently ranked within the top three placements in every race, with the non-first placements only being because he was asked to handicap himself by switching a worse kart for a few roundsnote
- Cute Little Fangs: Both of his canine teeth are clearly well defined, with is left one in particular really standing out.
- Distinction Without a Difference: His Japanese chat once accused him of masturbating all night when he mentioned his horrible sleep schedule. Which of course he denied, then said he had spent that night bookmarking erotic images for later.
- Distracted by the Sexy: Downplayed and played for laughs. He tries to play this card by switching to his New Year hooded variant when he attempts to deflect questioning about whether he's eaten during his morning streams, because he knows that his overseas fans really like it.note
- Early Installment Weirdness: When Roberu first debuted, he presented himself as a formal and polite person. This act did not even last a week, and the person he is today is now a much more open, boisterous loud-mouth. This is a source of embarrassment for him.
- In-Series Nickname: His fans typically address him as 'Master', as in barmaster. Or at least they used to, before his fans became his parents instead. His Japanese fans occasionally still call him that, but only when its not more convenient to refer to him as their child like his foreign fans to make fun of him.
- Fan Boy:
- Of Reina Ueda, affectionally known as 'Ue-shama'. According to Roberu, he owns a photobook of her and considers it his family heirloom. His conversation with Fubuki during his Christmas visiting stream also reveals that he dreams of one day having a collab with Reina.
- He's also a fan of Pochi, a fellow vtuber and a long-time hentai artist, with her usual hentai material conforming to his own oneeshota fetish. According to him, he owns a physical copy of every one of her works (erotic or otherwise), and even Pochi thinks he knows her work better than she does herself. To Roberu, being able to meet and interact with her was one of the highlights of his career.
- Holding Both Sides of the Conversation: One of his weird streams involves him hosting a talk stream with a very special guest - the lower half of his body, who speaks in a falsetto voice. He acts as though he and 'Lowberu' are seperate entities during the stream, much to the confusion of new viewers.
- Giver of Lame Names: His Winning Post streams (a horse-racing management game) includes the ability to choose and name his own horses. He then proceeds to name them some very silly things based on past streams, from Streaming Monster and Cafeteria Soul, to the two most recent horses, 'Not Eating Breakfast' and 'Go And Eat'.note
- Gratuitous English: Like Miko, Roberu's grasp on English is basically non-existent and his accent combined with his No Indoor Voice makes it sound strange, but that doesn't stop him from trying. This is the source of notable memes:
- He had no idea what 'winning son' actually meant for two months before Iofi explained the meme to him.
- He told a ghost in Phasmophobia that he was a "Shining Man", much to the confusion of the chat.
- Putting his English skills to the test with an English-only Mario Kart stream resulted in a goldmine of memes all on its own.
- However, possibly as a result of his increased popularity with overseas viewers, Roberu has been putting in more effort in understanding English, and has improved greatly by the end of 2020.
- Fetish: Cool Big Sis with shotacon characters and huge breasts. His discussions on the subject regularly go into Serious Business territory.
Shien: If you show a certain oneeshota manga to an oneeshota sommelier...
- His fifth stream after his debut was effectively a lecture on onee-shota, which inevitably ended up being demonetized as a result. He's since expressed interest in hosting second part to gauge how far he's come.
- The biggest example involves Roberu basically writing an essay about a oneeshota work during a conversation with Shien, to which the latter screen-shotted and posted on Twitter:
- Forgets to Eat: A (unfortunately) common aspect about Roberu is his poor eating habits and tendency to not eat breakfast, a question that is often asked of him during his morning streams. Later streams has him admit that he usually takes two meals a day, both of which he goes out to buy rather than cook himself.
- Hidden Depths:
- His profile mentions that although he speaks openly to all, it can be hard to guess what's on his mind. Sure enough, despite being seen as an outgoing, loud person, Roberu is quite tight-lipped about his personal life, save for a few anecdotes here and there. Any questions about his audition process also tends to get brushed off with no real answer.
- Notably, while some of the Holostars take real-life photos (sometimes with filters) of their day-to-day life, Roberu is notable for not doing so at all.
- He has a strong dislike towards having friends or even family in his home for long periods of time. Although it's worth mentioning that he did invite both Shien and Izuru to stay at his house for a night a few weeks after stating so, which implies that he may have relaxed on this issue somewhat, though in a later stream he says that he'd make exceptions for the other Holostar members.
- During his 10k subscribers stream, Roberu admits that even after the merger between Holostars and Hololive (to become Holopro), he had no desire to 'leech' off the existing Hololive, and wanted to earn subscribers through his own abilties and efforts, because he believes in (and loves) himself. It's probably one of the few streams where he lets himself be emotionally vulnerable, with his Live2D blinking a lot and him muting himself for several seconds suggesting that he was trying to hold back tears.
- I Hate Past Me: Played for Laughs - he's pretty embarrassed about his first stream and the personality he started off with (which notably did not last for even a week), to the point that he actually did a 'do-over' of his introduction stream.Roberu:: Please love debut stream Roberu! But I don't love him at all. (imitates debut self) Who is he? I don't know him at all. He must be my fake, no doubt about it.
- This is an occasional Running Gag for the other Holostars - several of the members have done imitations of 'debut Roberu', and Temma once rewatched it while playing Getting Over It to cheer himself up, even once hijacking Roberu's Jump King stream to imitate his debut before disconnecting.
- On the viewers' end, they poke fun at his 'return' whenever Roberu switches to a more polite demeanor in some streams, such as his guest appearance at the Bushiroad Game Festival in 2020.
- Insistent Terminology: Regarding the Super Horn in MarioKart, which Roberu calls 'chanchakadondon'. He refuses to call it anything but that, and it has become an Ascended Meme as not only a chant done by his chat during Roberu's bathroom breaks, but also makes an appearance on Roberu's fan in his summer variant.
- Insult Backfire: Downplayed and Played for Laughs during Asano Ruri's visit to the bar. When asked on his percentage of idol-ness, Ruri gave him a grand score of...8%. Despite Roberu's initial shock, he gives this remark:Roberu: Wait, if I think about it...that's quite high. [...] 8% huh? That's consumption tax, right? My idol-ness is equal to consumption tax. Am I tax?Ruri: (immediately starts laughing)
- Kansai Regional Accent: Downplayed. Although fairly prominent, Roberu's accent isn't 'natural' - he was influenced by Kansai-ben speakers growing up, and spent time with a friend who naturally spoke the dialect. As a result, his viewers jokingly call his accent 'Roberu-ben' instead.
- It's been discussed that it's actually more towards a Hyogo dialect, although it can be generalized as Kansai-ben due to Hyogo being part of the region.
- Played for laughs during the second Vtuber Apex Legends Tourney, where his team name with Utai Makea and Shinichiro Inui was aptly named 'Kansai Noises' due to this.note
- Large Ham: Wouldn't be a Roberu stream without some form of it.
- The Klutz: He apparently has a hard time with tools and assembly, spending the majority of a 1-hour chair assembly stream struggling with the process, all with an echo effect turned on (because he wanted to stream it as ASMR).
- Memetic Mutation: He has several of these, notably:
- The fact that he is now called 'son' by his viewers is the result of his clueless response to the 'are you winning son?' meme that was commented during one of his MarioKart streams. This became lampshaded in his New Year's outfit, where one of his fan's designs includes the phrase 'victory' as a nod to his 'winning' status.note
- 'Cafeteria in my soul', from his Bad Liar moment in Among Us. He later notes that it became quite wide-spread for a time, with several other Vtubers referencing his blunder in their own streams, and Ollie from HoloID quoting the line while imitating Roberu.
- His channel's URL includes the phrase 'UCANDOlYT', which was pointed out to him by an overseas viewer. Since then, it has been used as a way of cheering him on during gaming streams.note
- Mismatched Eyes: His character design has a case of heterochromia, with his right eye being orange and his left eye being purple.
- Motor Mouth: He's a very fast talker, and can jump from topic to topic when needed with ease. He talks even faster when tipsy, to the point that even his Japanese viewers can have trouble following at times.
- Must Have Caffeine: Downplayed. Roberu has mentioned on-stream that he has to drink coffee daily, or else he gets headaches. Despite this, he doesn't think caffeine really affects him anymore.
- Nice Guy: He is an incredibly pleasant person who takes his job seriously as a point of pride, and everyone that he works with tends to praise him on his welcoming attitude.
Roberu: Whether you come from other Holostars, Hololive, HoloID, or even HoloEN, I'll always welcome you. Even a short visit makes me happy.
- One standout example is when is chat was inundated by a spammer. Most streamers will politely ask the person to stop, while Roberu's reaction was to claim that the spammer probably was having fun and just wanted some attention, and proceeded to "hug" him.
- He's also quite quick to socialize with others, and the people he collabs with tend to leave with a positive impression of him. It's noted that this is how is able to make connections easily in the Vtuber community.
- The Night Owl: Notably averted. Roberu has complained before that he's one of the only streamers he knows with a normal sleeping schedule, as most them stay up late and aren't awake before afternoon. This makes it difficult compared to his early days to find guests to bring to his bar. He followed up with the statement that this must make him the most normal person in Holostars, right before realizing his house had absolutely no food in it.
- No Indoor Voice:
- Like Subaru of Hololive, he explains that he can't do proper ASMR videos by showing his inability to whisper. This issue is brought up to Yuki Ono during his visit to Roberu's bar, to which Yuki attempts to teach Roberu.note
- He is also a loud person by nature and you'd be hard-pressed to find a stream where he doesn't yell. This is discussed during Pikamee's visit, where he notes that both of them often struggle with having to adjust their volumes when they collab with others.
- Played for laughs during an Apex tourney afterparty, where upon being grouped with Nagao Kei and Gil, declared their new team as 'Big Voice' almost immediately due to their loud voices.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Compared to the other members' avatars, who mostly have flat colors and simple shading, Roberu's avatar is fully shaded with proper lighting.
- Not a Morning Person: Averted. Roberu is one of the few Holopro talents that streams actively in the morning, with his morning talk stream being a staple during weekdays. Although there have been a few occasions where he oversleeps, he delivers his morning streams without fail. He mentions his normal sleep schedule seperates him from almost every streamer he knows, making it difficult for him to schedule collabs sometimes.
- Professional Gaming:
- He entered himself into the BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle tournament at Arc Revo Online 2020. The tournament results show that he managed to get to Round 2 on account of his first opponent not showing up, but was then promptly stomped by a Regular.
- In 2021, along with fellow Vtubers Utai Makea and Shinichiro Inui, entered Shibuya Hal's Vtuber Apex tournament. Although Roberu admits that he joined mostly to have fun, his team was able to achieve two victories during the scrims, and ranked 16th overall (out of 20).
- Refuge in Audacity: Roberu's 'weird' streams tend to fall into this category. Examples include (but not limited to):
- Making sounds using a bell and having his viewers guess what he's trying to say
- Spending a stream reading a Wikipedia article on crickets before attempting to imitate them, only to be caught in the act by Fubuki
- Conducting a rehearsal in preparation for visiting the dentist.
- Doing an episode of Bar Robel where the special guest was the lower half of his own body.
- And his shining achievement: a stream where he "illustrated" and wrote his own dating sim in MSPaint, where he casted and self-inserted himself as every character.
- Sanity Slippage: Played for Laughs. His playthrough of Hidden Folks progresses similarly to Korone - in which he starts clicking on everything and parroting the sounds being made, to the point that Shien dropped by to ask him not to make his own sound effects for the game.
- Signature Laugh: His laugh is quite distinct, to the point that it could be described as cackling. Brought Up to Eleven when he streams together with Makea, another loud Vtuber.
- Straight Man: Sometimes veers into this when he gets visitors to his bar or during collab streams. This says a lot more about the kind of people Roberu likes to approach for collabs than himself, since his stream behavior regularly veers into the realm of absurdity its own.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is it Robel or Roberu? Even he's not sure how it should be romanized.*
- Terrible Artist:
- There is a reason he's called the "King of Shitty Thumbnails" by the rest of Holopro's talent. He hates making them and they almost never look good.
- He's so bad at it that when Holostars hosted a "bad thumbnail" contest, Roberu was made the MC of the event because if he was allowed to participate, no one else would've had a chance at "winning".
- This also applies to his drawing skills, with his infamous drawing of a camel, along with several illustrations he made when workshopping his fictional gal game.
- Verbal Tic: He tends to clear his throat when he speaks.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: He's horrified by bugs. He once held a stream to learn about crickets and spent the entire stream in a state of panic.
- Before this, he once spent the last fourth of a stream panicking when a cicada flew into his room (ironic considering the stream was a cicada noise contest, leading to Regulars joking that his calls were so good, it attracted a mate).
- He also admits that he has thalassophobia (fear of deep waters), something that he realized after playing ARK. During his his playthrough of INSIDE (2016) - his solution was to pull up a picture of Reina Ueda on his phone to calm him down during the deep water sections.
- The Workaholic: Compared to the other Holostars, Roberu's schedules tend to be more packed, to the point that 2-4 daily streams were commonplace. During a collab with Hikasa Tomoshika, he admits he spends a lot of his time streaming, though instead of incredibly long streams like Korone, he breaks them up into smaller streams so his viewers aren't intimidated by the long run time. He states he just finds streaming very fun so he enjoys his rather strict streaming schedule.
Roberu: I haven't seen that kind of reaction in a while
- That being said, it doesn't apply to anything else other than streaming, including preparations for his own streams (like making thumbnails) and he frequently notes how little effort he puts into most things in his life off camera.
- Between December 2020 to January 2021, he notably hosted fewer streams. A viewer actually voiced their concern about this change, much to his amusement, but replied that rather, it should be a good thing.
- Played for Laughs when he releases a new, packed schedule for the first week of February in 2021, effectively back to the same frequency of streaming he started with.
3rd generation/MaFia (formerly TriNero)
Tsukishita Kaoru [JP: 月下カオル]
"An apprentice make up artist with an obsession with cosmetics. Even as a man, he enjoys adorably cute things. Strives to be beautiful on the inside and outside. Worried about being in the wrong Hololive audition, was guided by Shinove after confirming his gender."
Debut date: April 29th, 2020
Retirement: July 28th, 2020
Birthday: August 29th
Height: 174 cm
Fanbase name: FUNdation
Retirement: July 28th, 2020
Birthday: August 29th
Height: 174 cm
Fanbase name: FUNdation
- ASMR Video: Not just any ASMR videos, but Beyblade ASMR videos.
- All Men Are Perverts: Played with. During Kira's first anniversary stream, Kaoru came into the stream and flirted with him, saying that he wanted to kiss Kira's navel, among a few other remarks. This led to Kira's stream being banned, and Kaoru jokingly being told to apologize about it on Twitter.
- Color Motif: Pink
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Kaoru once hosted a stream where he removed body hair from several parts of his body, except that he was using a device that would make the process quite painful. Coco happened to drop by during the stream as well, much to his embarassment.
- "Dinner, Bath, or Sex" Offer: One of his ASMR skits starts off as this...until he reaches the third option.Kaoru: Do you want dinner? A bath? Or...Bey. Blade?
- Don't Call Me "Sir": During his visit to Roberu's bar, at the suggestion that Roberu addresses him as 'Tsukishita', Kaoru refuses, insisting that he address Kaoru by his first name.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: His avatar has long pink hair and a bow in his hair. If he wasn't listed as part of Holostars and didn't have such a deep voice, he could very easily pass off as a girl. This is lampshaded in his introduction, where he had wandered into the Hololive auditions by accident.
- Gratuitous English: He fully admits that his English skills are very weak, and during his English-only collaboration with Iofi, Moona and Pikamee, added a label showing that his English level was only about N3.
- He's Got Legs: His full body art shows that he has quite shapely legs.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Apart from his distinctly feminine-looking appearance, Kaoru is open about his interest in make-up and skincare, dubbing himself as a trainee make-up artist. Part of his content includes discussions on the topic, not only with his viewers but other Vtubers as well.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: He has light pink long hair and a kind, playful personality that appealed to many.
- Serious Business: Played for laughs with Beyblade. During his introduction, viewers kept honing in on the fact that he wrote it down in his 'interests' section - he mentioned that he absolutely insisted on adding it despite Shinove telling him not to, to the point that he sort of forced it in anyway. Subsequently, he also held streams where he discusses about new Beyblade models.Kaoru: This is—If I don't write this [down], it's the same as leaving my soul behind!
- Vocal Dissonance: Despite his feminine-looking appearance, Kaoru posesses a rather deep voice.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Similar to Kira, his default appearance resembles that of a beautiful woman.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Just three months after his debut, Cover Corp announced (via twitter) the end of his contract due to personal circumstances on Kaoru's side. Tragically, this was abrupt news to all, and he was never able to host a farewell stream prior to this. Moreover, his archives were removed after his retirement, although there are still some clips of him available on YouTube, as well as archives saved other Vtubers where he appeared in collabs.
Kageyama Shien [JP: 影山シエン]
"A mafia boss from the land of beastmen. Came to our world in search of his missing best friend. Was scouted by Shinove after coming to a standstill in his search. Acts tougher than he really is but doesn't have the talent to be truly evil."
Debut date: April 30th, 2020
Birthday: Febuary 25th
Height: 176 cm
Fanbase name: Shiengumi
Birthday: Febuary 25th
Height: 176 cm
Fanbase name: Shiengumi
- Affectionate Nickname: Miyabi and Oga occasionally call him 'Shiepi'.
- ASMR Video: He's done a few of these, though some of them have their quirks.
- Badass Longcoat: He wears a long black coat lined with fur in his regular outfit.
- Color Motif: Purple. His official fanmark is also a purple circle.
- Consummate Liar: Although downplayed compared to Arurandeisu or Temma, Shien has shown to be pretty competent when playing as the impostor in Among Us.
- Cool Sword: Played with. Obtains one along with his New Year's outfit, called the DX Kageyama Blade, but from the fact that it lights up and comes with sound effects, it's fairly evident that it's meant to be a toy.
- Does Not Like Spam: He doesn't like oysters, and expresses envy towards people who find them delicious. He also mentions in a stream that he dislikes celery as well.
- Foil: To Temma, in terms of concept. While Temma is a noble knight's apprentice with bouts of Comedic Sociopathy, Shien is portrayed as a tough mafia boss...whose general attitude betrays otherwise.
- Furry Confusion: He's a jackal beastman who keeps a pet rabbit.
- Furry Ear Dissonance: Although Shien's model is based off a black jackal (as he's insisted), you'd be hard-pressed to find similarities between his animal features and that of a real-life jackal, which may contribute to why he's often mistaken as a cat or even a dog.
- Hidden Depths: When asked by a viewer on how to be more confident in oneself, Shien immediately responded with 'Love yourself'. He then admits that in the past, he had a complex about his voice, often mumbling in a way that made him difficult to understand. It took him realizing that he loved playing around with his voice to build his confidence, and he encourages his viewers to find something that they love to do the same.
- In-Series Nickname: Addressed as 'Boss' by his fans, matching his premise as a mafia boss. In turn, he addresses his viewers as his 'subordinates'.
- Insistent Terminology: He's not a dog - He's a jackal!
- I Will Find You: The original premise of Shien's backstory was that he was looking for his best friend, who had been separated from him. This is eventually Played for Laughs when this was brought up during his debut watch-along stream, Shien brushed off the incident, commenting that his friend had probably returned home by now.Shien: ...Yeah, I really can't find my best friend. (laughs) There's a high chance that he already went home to the beastworld.
- Large Ham:
- Apart from just being hammy in general, he often does voiceovers when he plays games involving dialogue, which can vary from relatively suitable voices to turning all of the girls of Doki Doki Literature Club! into sounding like yakuza members.
- He is also a big abuser of the echo effect - it's more than likely that he uses it the most among the Stars.
- Lampshaded and Played for Laughs by Kaoru, who once commented that Shien 'misuses his handsome voice' - likening it to him using a well-crafted baseball bat to play soccer - a comparison that flew over Shien's head during his own introduction stream.
- Little Bit Beastly:
- Shien is based off a black jackal, according to his introduction stream. His full character reference◊ shows that along with his ears and teeth, he has a fluffy tail to match.
- This is somewhat expanded on during a talk stream. According to Shien, all beings in the beastland are born as beasts; while some remain as such, others can eventually evolve to a more human-like form 2-3 years after their birth, which is what happened to Shien.
- Long-Lived: Beastmen can live up to 200 years old, and Shien mentions that he'll maintain his current form for a long time (for about 20-80 years) before aging physically again.
- The Mafia: According to his lore, Shien is a big-shot mafia boss known among beastmen. With his demeanor being what it is, it can be a little hard to believe.
- Meaningful Name: Specifically, his last name. According to Shien, Kageyama is the name of his best friend, who gave him the position of mafia boss. In return, Shien adopted his friend's name as a surname in gratitude.
- Meganekko: His New Year's attire comes with glasses.
- Nice Guy:
- Roberu mentions that Shien frequently hangs out with and buys stuff for his friends, and once showed up randomly at Roberu's place to cook for him. When offered to stay the night (a surprising outcome considering Roberu's territorial-ness regarding his home), he refused to take the bed from Roberu, opting to sleep on the floor with a blanket instead. Then he made Roberu breakfast and even cleaned the dishes afterwards.
- During a talk stream with Roberu and Izuru, they both agreed that he's incredibly friendly, likening him to a Siberian Husky.
- Once Done, Never Forgotten: Shortly after Shien's debut, he made the unfortunate mistake of having his official account locked due to setting his birth year as 2020. This resulted in his fans jokingly calling him a baby, which was further encourage by some of the other Holopro members - from Fubuki's drawing of baby Shien to Oga calling him a 'babbling baby' during his own debut stream, and Kaoru opting to use a milk bottle for Shien's drink during their group-talk streams.note
Shien: Oi, management! Why is it a baby bottle!!?
- This is why despite having an official fanmark (a purple circle), his fans have taken to using a baby bottle instead, which he begrudgingly accepted and later incorporated as part of his membershipnote
- It's gotten to the point where when official Holostars socks were released, it was actually used for his icon, much to his chagrin.
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: He's a mafia boss, but he hasn't done any mafia-related activity yet.
- Poke the Poodle: Similar to Towa, he's known for how kind and cute he is despite his character being set as a bad guy. Any attempts he tries to make at being a intimidating mob boss come off as completely unconvincing.
- Precision F-Strike: His English-only Fall Guys stream results in quite a bit of swearing, and when speaking in English he tends to swear the most.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He's one of the few Holostars who's able to cook well, and according to Oga, he and Shien both like cute things, like stuffed toys. In addition, he regularly streams and is a big fan of Twisted Wonderland, a mobile game whose main audience is primarily women.
- His viewers have also noticed that his Twitter likes feed also consists of animal videos and recipes, something that Shien is a little embarrassed about.
- He has touched on this matter before during a talk stream, about how he doesn't think there should be any barriers for anyone to love doing what they want because of their gender or otherwise.
- Ship Tease: Downplayed and played with.
- His collab pairing with Roberu (known as 'Babudon') shows that they're on very friendly terms, having met up off-stream several times to hang out. Notably, Roberu once held a guerilla talk stream where it's revealed that not only did he and Shien go grocery shopping, but he was also at his house cooking Roberu dinner. This lead to Roberu's chat jokingly asking Shien to become Roberu's wife to ensure that he would finally start eating properly.
- There is also his collab pairing with Oga, known as MaFia. As gen-mates, they're fairly close, and notably during one stream when asked on who among the Holostars he would date, his choice was Oga.note He also admits to Tomoe that among the group, he finds Oga's voice the most appealing to him.
- Skewed Priorities: During his introduction stream, he mentions several goals, such as hitting 50k subscribers, getting a Nintendo Switch...and needing to fix his washlet. By the time the new year came around in 2021...he's gotten his Switch and hit his subscriber goal...but he still hasn't fixed the washlet, much to Oga's dismay.
- Skunk Stripe: The two hair pieces on the front of his face are white, which causes some viewers to mistake him for a skunk.
- Supreme Chef: According to the other Holostars, Shien's a pretty good cook, and some of his Twitcasts involve him talking while preparing meals. He once showed up randomly at Roberu's house, suddenly made him dinner, then stayed the night and made him breakfast in the morning. The results were apparently delicious according to Roberu.
- Team Pet: Nekoyama (who was created by Oga), who often accompanies him during streams, and also serves as an impromptu censor during his Twisted Wonderland streams. To a lesser extent, he also has Koyama and Nakayama, who appear on his shoulders in his New Year's outfit.
- The Teetotaler: Shien admits that his body is weak to alcohol and caffeine, and thus refrains from both.
- Terrible Artist: Zig-zagged. While Shien's thumbnails aren't the greatest in the world, they aren't that bad. Regardless, he was made to take part in Roberu's 'Shitty Thumbnail King' Contest, where he ended up surprising everyone by making some decent-looking ones. That being said, he went back to his old habits afterwards.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Omurice and anmitsu, but especially omurice. When asked what he's eaten while streaming, omurice tends to be a common answer.
- Wangst: In-Universe. It's implied that Shien thinks his character's backstory is rather embarrassing.
Aragami Oga [JP: 荒咬オウガ]
"Ex-military who had been fighting for around 5,000 years in a parallel world. Had recently retired from service and was sightseeing in Japan when he was scouted by Shinove. Was introduced to retro gaming and has been hooked ever since."
Debut date: May 1st, 2020
Birthday: January 15th
Height: 192 cm
Fanbase name: OMAEsan
Birthday: January 15th
Height: 192 cm
Fanbase name: OMAEsan
- Absolute Cleavage: A rare male variation, his default outfit has his shirt unbuttoned all the way to the waist, giving viewers a nice view of his pecs.
- All Men Are Perverts: Apart from his fetish preferences, he's occasionally talked about adult websites and magazines that he's visited, only to push the blame onto his viewers when conversations veer into that territory.
- ASMR Video: Has done several of these, from scenario acting to some that goes into the realm of questionable, such as his aptly-named 'electro-shock dialogue reading ASMR'.
- Badass Baritone: Has one of the deepest (if not the deepest) voices among the Holostars. This is heavily abused during Oga's cover of Love Live!'s 'Snow Halation' during a collab singing session.
- Bad Liar: Rivals Rikka in this aspect in Among Us, where he often struggles when being made the imposter, be it actually killing people or getting away with it. During the HololiveID/Holostars collab in early 2021, when accused of killing Aruran as the imposter, he defended himself with this:
- Birthday Buddies: He shares the same birthday as HololiveID's Ayunda Risu, January 15th. To celebrate in 2021, two covers of 'Daddy Daddy Do' were released on their channels, each featuring themselves as the main vocals for the song and the other as backing vocalist. Oga also paid a visit to Risu's stream to accompany her during her birthday countdown, as well as a post-birthday talk on Oga's stream the next day.
- He tries to play this card when being accused of being an imposter in Among Us, telling Risu they're basically siblings. He gets ejected anyway.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Oga's choice of punishment games tend to veer towards electric shocks via an electric massager. Victims of this punishment have included Fubuki, Shien, Aruran and himself.
- Cool Uncle: According to Oga, he has a niece who he often dotes on, and it can be common for him to bring her up now and again. Notably, he received two Sylvanian Families toy sets for his birthday from a viewer, and muses that it would be better for him to give it to his niece (before asking if it's okay for him to do so).
- Color Motif: Green.
- Crazy-Prepared: During the first TriNero collab, Oga admits that due to being new to streaming, he had been unsure about using assets he didn't own. As a result, he not only drew his own streaming background but also made the pixel art in his introduction video himself.
- Does Not Like Spam: He dislikes quail eggs. His introduction stream mentions that his beta design actually included him holding a bento box with these, and had to ask the artist to get rid of the eggs. This resulted in the complete removal of the bento box, which Oga admits he feels bad about.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: His electric shock ASMR reading invokes this. And that's just one example.
- Eyepatch of Power: He's an ex-soldier with 5 millennia of fighting experience and a badass eyepatch to prove it. Though, Oga has proven that he can take off the eyepatch without any reprecussions.
- Fan Boy: He's a big fan of Zoid and Gundam figures, but notes that he's running out of space in his apartment to put them.
- He's also a fan of Marvel and the Avengers, particularly Ironman. He often spends portions of his talk streams geeking out about it, and once tweeted a photo of a Ironman figurine he purchased.
- Fetish: He's mentioned multiple times that he's into Netorare (NTR), and once gave an explanation on it during a talk stream.
- Horned Humanoid: With one horn prominently sticking out on his left head. Although it looks like he's missing the other one, Oga confirms that he only has the one horn.
- Hot Springs Episode: The 'Oga in Spa' series consists of Oga sitting in an imaginary hot spring (along with sound effects of rushing water). They're usually late-night talk streams, though Oga once assembled two Gunpla models during this.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl:
- The Huge Guy to Fubuki's Tiny Girl during their FOXDEMON collabs, with Fubuki being only about 155cm tall compared to Oga's 192cm. Not that you can tell since both their faces need to be in-frame, otherwise Fubuki's head would only go to Oga's torso. This same trope applies to Oga and Risu, more so since Risu is shorter than Fubuki at 153cm.
- Height comparisons with all members of Holopro all end with him at the very end as a result, with only Aruran and Coco being around his height (but still shorter). Thus nearly every girl is a Tiny Girl to Oga.
- Hunk: In contrast to his Holostars colleagues, he's the most masculine-looking of them all and is quite handsome too. Helps that he's well-chiseled under those clothes.
- Mr. Fanservice: His appearance and deep voice aside, he also gets quite a few fanservice requests via his marshmallows. He also tends to tease his chat to fluster them as well.
- His default outfit already invokes this with Absolute Cleavage above, but his New Year's variant truly takes the cake with his shirt practically gone and a version that removes his sarashi for very, very nice view of his six-pack.Oga: Will I be banned!? Aragami Oga might be number one in Hololive Productions in terms of revealing too much skin!?
- Ironically, during the Holostars Game King off-collab, he had expressed relief of no longer having his chest exposed.
- One stream, labelled as 'Cosleeping', opens with his Live2D lying sideways on a bed background, to the confusion of his viewers.note After a while, he briefly switches to his loading screen, only to reveal that he had switched to his New Year's variant (which has the best view of his chest), along with adding an avatar of his fanbase.note
- His default outfit already invokes this with Absolute Cleavage above, but his New Year's variant truly takes the cake with his shirt practically gone and a version that removes his sarashi for very, very nice view of his six-pack.
- The Night Owl: Oga tends to sleep at odd timings, which can result in his guerilla streams occurring at some rather ungodly times, such as hosting a talk stream (where he's at an onsen) at 6AM or a stream where he plays some rather interesting music using a hurdy gurdy.
- He once started a Story of Seasons stream at 12AM JST...and played it for 10 hours straight.
- Ninja Maid: During his first collab stream with Fubuki, he was introduced as the Shirakami household's maid. She's utterly confused on why he isn't roleplaying a butler instead, but Oga insists on being addressed as her maid. It's never explained how or why Oga ended up in this position, but it still continues to this day in subsequent FOXDEMON collabs.
- Noodle Incident: Oga notes that his dislike of quail eggs was due to a trauma in his childhood, and later mentions that there was an incident where he had been stabbed by one. This is never elaborated on.
- Poke the Poodle: Despite his somewhat intimidating appearance, Oga is one of the kindest people you'll meet, and often speaks kindly of his fellow Holostars and Hololive members, based on his comments during his Hololive Chocolate card opening session.
- Real Men Wear Pink: In a talk stream with Risu, Oga mentions that he, along with Shien, are fond of cute things. His hobbies also include watching animal videos, and tends to tweet about them.
- Really 700 Years Old: Oga claims that he is 5030 years old in demon years (30 in human years), although he admits that he stopped counting his age a long time ago, and only gave a specific number at the request of Shinove.
- Retro Gaming: According to Oga, this is his favorite genre. Notably, his debut stream started with a brief skit stylized as a retro game, complete with sprites of Oga and Shinove, Holostars' manager.
- Scary Teeth: Sharp, shark-like teeth can be seen when he opens his mouth wide enough.
- Sizeshifter: He can grow up to a whopping 200 meters (about 656 feet) tall at his full height.
- The Southpaw: Like Rikka, he is left-handed.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Fits all three in the category, on the account of being the tallest member in Holopro, all branches combined.
- The Teetotaler: Oga admits to having a poor tolerance to alcohol, so he abstains from drinking. When he received some wine from a fan as a birthday present, he mentions that he'll use it for cooking instead.
- Terrible Artist: Averted, being the Holostar with the best artistic skill. Apart from drawing his own mascot Chungami (among others), he also drew Risu's and Shien's mascots, Riscot and Nekoyama.
- That being said, he was made to take part in Roberu's 'Shitty Thumbnail King Contest', which reveals that he isn't immune to making bad thumbnails.
Daidou Shinove [JP: 大道シノヴ]
Birthday: January 13thHolostars' manager, who occasionally drops by during their streams to check in on (or make fun of) them.
- The Alcoholic: Downplayed, but according to some of the Holostars, he apparently drinks quite a lot. Fittingly, he was invited to Roberu's bar during his early streaming days.
- It's also frequently joked that the boys' antics is what drove him into alcholism.
- Benevolent Boss: He genuinely cares for the Holostars, and is quite friendly and amicable with his interactions with them during streams and on Twitter.
- The Cameo: He makes a brief appearance in Holostar's Painter cover, represented as a pair of glasses.
- Guest-Star Party Member: On occasion, especially early on, he joined the Holostars in some of their group collabs, with him recently playing as a fourth player for the Holostars Game King off-collab. note
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Averted. Unlike the other known managers from Holopro, Shinove is the only manager who has a proper given name.
- The Unseen: Although he makes his presence known on Twitter and streams, his own Youtube channel is empty since he uses it mostly to communicate with his talents.
- Weirdness Magnet: From lore videos, Shinove encountered Astel after the latter crash-landed on a beach, and travelled to a strange dimension (and received a Curb-Stomp Battle) just to try and recruit Oga.