hololive Japan (Original Gen. [Suisei Ch.] | Gen. 1 [Fubuki Ch. | Haato Ch.] | Gen. 2 | GAMERS | Gen. 3/Fantasy | Gen. 4 | Gen. 5 | Gen. 6 -holoX-)
holostars | China | Indonesia (Gen. 1 | Gen. 2 | Gen. 3) | English (Gen. 1 -Myth- [Mori Calliope Ch. | Gawr Gura Ch.] | Project: HOPE | Gen. 2 -Council- [Ouro Kronii Ch.])
Minor Characters | Mythbreakers | hololive ERROR
1st Generation/hololive -Myth-
For tropes related to their Hunter: The Vigil campaign, click here.
- American Kirby Is Hardcore:
- Downplayed. While the Japanese cast's motifs are usually more straightforwardly cute or beautiful, the first English generation is themed around "edgier" genres like horror, mystery, the supernatural, or some combination of the three. They're still very cute, mind you.
- Where the Japanese branch members generally started their careers by playing up the wholesome idol "seiso" characterization, the HoloEN branch are unsurprisingly more like conventional western streamers and not afraid to frequently be crass.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: With the exception of Ina, all of them admit that they have absolutely microscopic attention spans, which many of their fans find adorable or hilarious.
- Amelia is easily frustrated and angered by tasks that take more than a few minutes' effort, which is why she plays shooter games.
- Gura hates reading, continually forgets what she was supposed to be doing every couple of minutes without a written list, and has No Sense of Direction.
- Kiara is a Motor Mouth who gets easily fired up and goes on long tangents when she has a lot of room to talk while blanking out in the middle of tasks.
- And finally, Calliope is the most easily distracted of the five to the point where while playing games, she tunes out both the other four's voices and the chat, forgets her controls, falls asleep, runs off chasing anything interesting, and spaces out into a world inside her own head, which is magnified by her tendency to stream while exhausted or intoxicated.
- Breaking Old Trends: They are the first non-Japanese generation to debut with five members like the generations of the main Hololive division instead of three.
- Cast Herd: hololive -Myth- can be split into two distinct groups based on who everyone is likely to collab with (which helped form the most popular ships amongst fans).
- TakaMori: Kiara and Calliope. Early on, Kiara lived in Japan which meant it was the most convenient for Calli to collab with her. After the she moved back to Europe, Kiara has a much easier time collabing with any of the North America members than Calli but she is still more likely to collab with the latter regardless.
- InAmeSame: Ina'nis, Amelia, and Gura. Simply because all three of them are based in North America, you are likely to see any combination of the three, or all three together, for collabs. Amelia and Gura's friendship also predates them joining hololive.
- Color-Coded Characters: All five have an associated color from their design that they use as their heart emoticons. Calliope is pink (later red), Kiara is orange, Ina is purple, Gura is blue, and Amelia is yellow.
- Cool Starship: According to Smol Adventures, their usual home base shown in the VRChat collab streams is actually a huge space ship in the shape of a sunfish.
- Cute Monster Girl: They have this as their theme; a grim reaper, a phoenix, an Atlantean shark, a tentacle monster, and a normal human detective. On a more meta-level with Amelia, shes jokingly treated by fans as similar to a monster movie monster, with the actual monster girls being innocent victims.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": This seems to be their general stance towards IRyS, with Gura and Kiara preferring to not be addressed as "senpai" because of the generational distance it might create between them.
- Friendly Rivalry: Surprisingly, the fandoms from America and Canada have a friendly rivalry with one another, at times competing with one another to see which country can give the biggest and most donations. Calli was famously caught in the middle of the first Superchat War, but the other girls are not immune either, as Gura discovered.
- Funny Foreigner: Their tastes and senses of humor tend to lean more towards western cultural norms compared to the rest of hololive without really playing it up like Coco does; this is seen more through their Twitter interactions with each other and other members as well as in their group streams. To name just two examples, Kiara Rickrolled Calli during a collab stream, and Mori's first tweet was "Doko the hell am I".
- Generation Xerox: Funnily enough, the "mamas" or character designers of Calliope, Gura, and Amelia—Yukisame, Amashiro Natsuki, and Aoi Nabi respectively—are also good friends of one another, just like their "children".
- Insistent Terminology: The brutish pig monsters in the Nether in Minecraft are called Hoglins. Gura and Ina refer to them all as Pumbaas instead.
- Kayfabe: Downplayed for every member of hololive English except Kiara. When it comes to presenting themselves as fictional characters, the English branch of hololive is noticeably more reserved than the other branches and have no issue with discussing their real life activities.
- The Leader: Several of them fill this role depending on the occasion.
- Amelia is considered the leader by the other girls on technical projects involving their models or VR, with her having been responsible for using the Walfie chibi models in VR chat to overcome the 3D limitation for Myth and later all of EN.
- Kiara tends to take charge involving big collabs (the 2021 EN/ID Mario tournament, the 2022 New Year Karaoke relay being good examples) that take place across generations or language branches, especially involving JP, due to her being the most fluent and can act as a translator. To solidify this, during the Hololive Sports Festival 2021, she was selected as the team captain of Team White C.
- Finally, Calli often takes up the leadership role for predominantly EN related events, specially when involving competitions. She was responsible for the Mythbreakers TTRPG, the 2022 EN/ID Pokemon Tournament, and the Jump King Tournament. The fact that she can also act as the Team Dad and a Cool Big Sis that guides many of her gen mates or kouhais, as well as her experience as an English teacher who has given lessons to many of the JP girls, only further adds merits to her being a leader.
- Multinational Team: Gura is confirmed to be living in US while Amelia is somewhere in North Americanote , Kiara speaks German as her first language and has confirmed she is Austrian, and Ina is ethnically Korean and is residing in Canada, while Calli is ethnically Americannote but is living in Japan.
- My God, What Have I Done?: The reaction of all of them when they'd inadvertently described ENMA-chan as 'slippery and thicc' while playing Madlibs.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Amelia, Calliope, and Ina'nis are far more commonly referred to as simply "Ame", "Calli", and "Ina", at least by the other Holo EN members.
- Promoted Fangirl: They are big fans of the existing Hololive vtubers and tend to get very excited when they show up in chat.
- Pun: Each member's fanbase name is based on a pun: Calli has the "Deadbeats" (dead + beats), Kiara initially had the "Kiara Fan Club" (KFC, as in Kentucky Fried Chicken) before it evolved to "KFP employees", Ina has the "Tentacult" (tentacle + cult), Gura has the "Chumbuds" ("chum" can mean either friend or shark food), and Amelia has the "Teamates" (teammates).
- Really 700 Years Old: Every member's official age is listed as being beyond a normal human's. Calli being The Ageless, Kiara being eternal due to Resurrective Immortality, Gura losing track sometime after five millennia, and Ina'nis' Vague Age. Amelia initially seemed to be the only member that averted this, but it turns out she is a Time Traveler, so she doesn't age normally either.
- Super-Deformed: All of them have Live2D chibi models that were drawn by Walfie and unveiled on April Fools' Day 2021. They come with Cool Shades too! Amelia officially debuted the "Smol" models in VR chat for all of Holomyth during the 1 year anniversary.
- Tarot Motifs: In the music video for Red, Calli assigned each of the other four an Arcana based on how she views them, and later explained her motivation for each of the choices. She also said that these are just her own personal opinions, and people are free to make their own theories and interpretations.
- Kiara as The Sun, symbolizing joy, success, celebration, and positivity.
- Gura as The Fool, symbolizing innocence, new beginnings, and a free spirit.
- Ina as The Wheel of Fortune, symbolizing changes, cycles, and inevitable fates. Calli also pointed out that Ina's card being Reversed in the music video was a genuine mistake during editing rather than being intentional for the sake of having some symbolic meaning, but also admitted that it could still work, as Reversed Wheel of Fortune can symbolize bad luck, and considering Ina's gacha addiction...
- Ame as The High Priestess, symbolizing intuition, sacred knowledge, divine femininity, the conscious mind, and intelligence. Calli also mentioned that she initially had Ina's and Ame's Arcanas the other way around (Ina as The High Priestess and Ame as The Wheel of Fortune), but the artist whom she commissioned to draw the cards convinced her to swap them.
- While Calli didn't assign any one specific Arcana to herself, she did bring up a few that others had suggested or that she found interesting, such as Death, symbolizing the end of cycles, beginnings, change, metamorphosis, transformation, and transition, The Empress, symbolizing motherhood, beauty, nature, and abundance, Reversed Empress, symbolizing creative block and dependence on others, The Tower, symbolizing sudden change, upheaval, chaos, revelation, and awakening, and Reversed Tower, symbolizing personal transformation, fear of change, and averting disasters.
- True Companions:
- It's very common for the members to watch each other, and during their debuts, each member hyped up each other. The group has become remarkably close despite the clear time differences, and have stated several times wishes of doing an all members offline collab and a trip.
- Calli and Kiara exemplify the group's camaraderie, even though they play off their friendship as Vitriolic Best Buds since the two used to live close to one another in "the part of the underworld close to Japan", they hung out in the real world and enjoyed one another's company.
- Unusual Euphemism: Shared among all of them, they tend to refer to breasts (or in the case of Ina, her tentacles) as 'boing-boings.'
- Vague Age: None of the members has a defined age, with each member's "official" age poking fun at this: Calli's age is listed as "No", Kiara's is "Eternal", Ina's is obscured by an ink stain, Gura's is "Over 9000" with the exact number changing whenever it's brought up, and Ame's is "??"
- Verbal Tic: Kiara, Gura, and Ina will sometimes go "Da-DUN" when placing or revealing props or other visuals on their stream.
- Walking Techbane: It's joked that it isn't really an EN stream without technical difficulties. Problems from the typical to the frankly bizarre have happened to the generation, including things that never happen to other gens (like Ina's avatar suddenly showing up in the middle of Kiara's stream for no reason). Called the "EN Curse" for a long time by both the EN members and the fandom, these tech issues had been well-noted and all-encompassing by the time Council debuted to the point that Calli eventually canonized the trope as the "EN Law".
Takanashi Kiara [JP: 小鳥遊キアラ/たかなしきあら; CN: 小鸟游琪亚拉]
Birthday: July 6th
Height: 165 cm
Fanbase name: Kiara Fan Club (collectively), KFP Employees (individually)
Illustrator: huke (main); Walfie (Smol); SeafoamBoi (Smol 3D VR); Priichu ("School Girl" 3D VR)
Social Media: Twitter
Alias: Tenchou translation , Kusotori translation (by Calli only note )
Primary species: Phoenix (in human form) / Cat (in her alternate outfit)
Secondary / Temporary species: Various featured in her "Am [animal]" shortsClick to Expand.
Affiliation: Kiara Fried Phoenix (KFP), HoloTori
Occupation (bar idol): Store Manager (Tenchou) of KFP
Languages spoken: German (specifically Austrian German, native), Japanese (fluent), English (fluent), Italian (conversational)
Chaotic red blooms a scarlet rouge
Through a multitude of ordeals, over and over, I will survive
I will live to keep on fighting till the dawn
Part idol, part warrior, part fast food manager, all phoenix; Kiara is very excitable, extroverted, always full of energy, and usually rather perverted. She's trilingual with a grasp of English, Japanese, and German, and is able to communicate with her Japanese senpais pretty well. Her preferred genre of games to stream are JRPGs. She is the host of Holotalk, where she interviews her senpais for a better insight at how the holomembers operate.
Associated characters: JEnMa-chan (manager), Tiara (Hunter: The Vigil character)
- Abhorrent Admirer: She wants Calliope to love her and teases her constantly, but Calliope finds her repulsive because of her immortality. While she has calmed down significantly over time and the two have a much more openly friendly relationship, Kiara still can't help but slip in a few flirty remarks or innuendo here or there, much to Callie's ire.
- Affectionate Nickname:
- Shitbird (くそ鳥, Kuso tori), used by Calli. Featured in Calli's debut stream, this is what Calli labeled her as during said stream. Without context, this name appears to be an insult, but later streams such as Kiara's debut stream revealed that there is no real bad blood between the two and it's just a nickname Calli has affectionately given her, due to her penchant for annoying her whenever she can.
- Kiara's mother has taken to referring to calling her "Birdie" on stream with no small amount of affection.
- Aggressive Submissive:
- Despite Kiara's penchant for making a lot of dirty jokes as well as incredibly suggestive statements in regards to other girls (especially Calli,) Kiara has also stated that if anything were to happen, she is completely unable to take the lead. When describing such a theoretical situation involving Calli, Kiara immediately started getting flustered, acting much more timid than she normally does; Kiara has also stated in regards to Shamir from Fire Emblem: Three Houses that even though she wasn't her type, if Shamir were to initiate a Wall Pin of Love against Kiara, she would go along with it.
- During her first German Class stream, Kiara gave a guide on how she would like guys to flirt with her, painting herself as an easily-flustered Shoujo female lead.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Downplayed. In the weeks leading up to her moving back to Europe, Kiara was faced with the problem of how to get her new desktop packed safely for air travel. With time running out and no solutions coming to mind, Kiara turns to her fans and asks them for advice, only for them to deflect the question and unanimously respond "Ask Botan". Understandably, Kiara didn't want her first interaction with her senpai to be asking to help pack a desktop instead of something friendly, but with no other option available, she went ahead and got help from Botan.
- Alternate Character Reading: "Takanashi" is a real but fairly rare Japanese surname, but for Kiara it's written with the kanji 小鳥遊, which reads as "little birds playing" (kotori asobe). "Takanashi" can be interpreted as meaning "there are no hawks" note — in other words, the little birds can play because the hawks (their natural predators) aren't around to hunt them.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Mamatori, who likes to tell embarrassing childhood stories of, snark at, and one-up Kiara during their Minecraft stream in front of her gen mates. Her case is largely downplayed compared to the usual examples of this trope however, as she is still very nice to the chat and the members she meets, as well as shaping up to be a real Cool Old Lady with her engrossing storytelling and deep knowledge of videogames, which endeared her to Kiara's audience.
- Ambiguously Bi: While Kiara is undeniably attracted to women, she's shown signs of swinging in both directions.
- On the one hand, a viewer could certainly get the impression that Kiara prefers girls. Her repeated flirting with other Hololive talents (namely Calli and Kronii) and her Fangirl behavior towards Pekora borders on obsessive at times. Most of her childhood crushes were other girls; if Kiara's own stories and Mamatori are to be believed, boys are curiously absent from these anecdotes. While on-stream, Kiara also tends to react more strongly towards attractive female characters than attractive male characters. Kiara wholeheartedly agreed with Aqua on an episode of Holo Talk that she would "prefer to have a good wife like Asuna instead of a husband like Kirito".
- On the other, even she found Claude from Fire Emblem: Three Houses pretty charming. Also, when HoloMinistry (Council's Spear Counterparts) "debuted", Kiara took to gushing over the boys, and also tried pairing both Ministry and Myth members on hypothetical dates, using rather impressive character analysis. Naturally, she shipped herself with Krono.
- Amnesiac Lover: After her Surprisingly Sudden Death and subsequent resurrection in December 2020, Kiara re-did her debut stream, having forgotten everything during her previous life at hololive. This included confusion as to why she has superchats, membership enabled, and five hundred thousand subscribers despite just "debuting", and referring to her gen-mates and even members of holo ID Gen 2 note as her senpais. When told by the chat to not forget Calli, her response was a confused "Who's Calli?". After a few moments of Wistful Amnesia pondering the connection between death and "Calli-senpai", Kiara suddenly regained her memories and declared she could never forget Calli. Based on Calli's responses, this kind of thing is pretty common when Kiara dies and comes back to life.
- Animal Motifs:
- Anything That Moves: While she has her preferences Kiara's lust can sometimes vear into this trope. Case in point her first interaction with Buff Ame, a very muscular Ame but with Smol Ame's head, is to flirt with her and ask to be kabdonned.
- Bad Boss:
- She has been jokingly accused of running her fast-food chain in such a manner; considering her regular audience is acknowledged as and refers to themselves as her employees and the nature of streaming, she will often facetiously demand that people must pay her in order to stay employed, as well as make absurd requests such as throwing Mario Kart races if they hope to keep their jobs. In a Minecraft stream with Subaru, she has also admitted to using KFP employees to vent her frustrations at as a form of stress relief.
- Her Minecraft chicken farm is touted as being "free range" despite being pretty small and using methods of forced reproduction in order to maintain a steady supply of poultry.
- She also will threaten her employees with a trip to "the usual room" in case they speak out of turn or threaten to reveal company secrets.
- Bare Your Midriff: Her default outfit and her summer outfit both show some of the midsection.
- Been There, Shaped History: Apparently, she was friends with Mozart during his lifetime. This is because one of her previous incarnations was Marie Antoinette.
- Berserk Button: Being called a chicken, or "Henchou", both of which are used with impunity by her viewers and Superchats to get a rise out of her.
- Beware the Nice Ones: While generally quite kind and friendly, she can be quick to switch to aggression when things don't go her way. So far she's threatened to incinerate someone and their entire family for failing and embarrassing her (Mario), fired her KFP employees when they won't let her win Mario Kart races, and once threatened a group of Among Us players after hilariously getting caught killing after jumping into line of sight. It worked.
- Big Eater: Says she eats 53 chicken nuggets a day and that she stays fit by working it off.
- Bizarre Alien Reproduction: Talked at length about the reproductive process for phoenixes when explaining that she does not lay eggs; instead, two phoenixes get so hot that they burn each other, and the resulting ashes will have both reborn along with the birth of a new phoenix.
- Black Comedy Cannibalism: She's an avian who eats chicken and sells chicken products. Being a phoenix, it should be no more cannibalistic than, say, a hawk eating a smaller bird, but then the standing joke with her is that she's not a phoenix but a chicken.
- Blatant Lies: During one of her Super Mario 64 videos, after she ended up 'eating' her hats after failing some self-made challenges, she declared herself 'naked' and told her chat not to look at her naked body because "I'm an innocent maiden."
- Brutal Honesty: Kiara tends to be the most open about the behind the scenes stuff of Hololive, and she makes no bones that just because it looks like a fun and easy job, it is by no means true. Talking about things from rules that most normal streamers would never have to deal with, to the fact that the sudden fame also bring more than a fair share of haters, that you are judged by a completely different standard from normal streamers, and that if you don't have thick skin it can easily become overwhelming.
- Cat Girl: Kiara's summer outfit lets her transform into a catgirl, with wiggling cat ears and a fluffy tail. The chat immediately latched onto the nickname of "Nekotori". The In-Universe explanation for this given by Kiara is that repeated inhalation of cat hairs caused her to turn into a cat somehow.
- Catchphrase: Begins her streams with a boisterous cry of "Kikkeriki!" note
- Chaotic Stupid: Played for Laughs. During a collab stream where all members of Hololive EN were ranked on a graph according to their purity (in terms of the lewdness they display, tendency to use swear words, etc.) and intelligence, Kiara's character designer said she should be ranked at the bottom left of the graph - maximum impurity and stupidity. Naturally, the phrase "bottom left" went memetic immediately. Months later, it became so ubiquitous and overused that Kiara felt it had distorted her image, and she had to ask fans to tone it down.
- Chivalrous Pervert: She makes her attraction towards the other girls very clear, but she means no harm and tones it down when they start to feel uncomfortable.
- Clingy Jealous Girl:
- Kiara very frequently becomes aggressively jealous when any other girls get too affectionate to Calli. She has admitted that she was jealous when Calli did a collab with Korone, despite the fact that not only does Kiara do far more collabs with other members than Calli does, but Calli's collab with Korone was completely platonic and wholesome, while Kiara is, well, Kiara. She also became angry at chat for suggesting Calli ships other than Takamori, with her going so far as banning the word "Amemori" from her chat.
- When Kiara was playing Minecraft with Pekora and Moona suddenly logged in, Kiara was not happy, to the point that she eventually picked a fight with Moona despite being vastly outgunned (Kiara had a diamond sword and no armor, Moona had an enchanted diamond sword and full diamond armor), although Pekora egging the both of them on probably didn't help. Played for Laughs, as Moona later clarified that the entire scene was improvised (as Moona didn't even know that Kiara and Pekora were streaming at the time) and said that Kiara had DM'd her later to thank her for playing along when Kiara started going "Don't take my senpai from me".
- Kiara is openly dismissive of the idea of Calli being shipped with anyone but herself. She is shown to be visibly offended when the chat tells her they are shipping Calli with someone other than her, or when someone asks her what hypothetical non-Kiara Calli ship she would prefer.
- Calli herself even told Kiara that she is too clingy when Kiara asked why Calli is nicer and more open to their fellow Hololive members when she collabs with them and not Kiara. Calli also says that Kiara takes it way too personally when it does happen.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: When Ina asked about what goes on in "the usual room," Kiara responded that two of the punishments were walking around barefoot with the floor covered in Legos and being forced to assemble a 1 million piece jigsaw with a single piece missing.
- Cowardly Lion: During her punishment stream of Outlast with Gura, she made it abundantly clear that she does NOT like anything pertaining to the horror genre. She's never actually watched any type of horror movie from start to finish, and was a blubbering, whimpering, coughing, sweating mess of panic before anything even properly happened. The first Jump Scare, which even Gura admits is pretty harsh to start a game with, instantly set her heart rate from 72 bpm to 122 in roughly 10 seconds. She pressed on anyway, despite Gura's teasing.
- Crazy Cat Lady: Kiara believes that if there was ever a reason for her to graduate, it would be to resign herself to giving more love and attention that her cats demand of her.
- Cringe Comedy: A significant amount of Kiara's content can be rather cringy for those not named Kiara, especially when it comes to her almost obsessive attraction to Calli. This is highlighted in her Sims 4 stream where she dedicated most of her time trying to gets into the pants of the facsimile of Calli that she had made for it.
- Cry into Chest: During a karaoke collab with Calli before moving back to Austr(al)ia, Kiara broke down crying at the tail end of singing "Leaving on a Jetplane," and from the sound of things this ended up happening, with Calli assuring her in a muffled voice that "It's okay to be sad."
- Curse Cut Short:
Kiara: I'm gonna KILL that mother-!
- During a stream of Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Kiara was so upset over Jeralt's death at the hands of Kronya that the second she saw her in a follow-up scene, was about to call her a "fucking whore" but cut herself off at the second word since it would be a bit too extreme, even for her.
- During another stream of the same game, she was incensed when she learned about Bernadetta's father tying her to a chair to be a good submissive wife.
- Cuteness Proximity: She gets absolutely infatuated with Pat from Later Alligator, cooing and squeeing over everything he says or does.
- Damned by Faint Praise: During a cross-generation stream with Choco, Kiara fared abysmally during the general knowledge test note , but managed to score two points... which is double of Aqua's. For this, Choco ends up calling Kiara a genius.Choco: By the way, you aren't the lowest.
- Darkest Hour: Kiara had traveled to Japan originally to work as part of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics (as the torch) and possibly find a long-term career while abroad. When asked about the worst timed moment in her life, she cites it being the obtaining of her visa and travel since it was just before the COVID-19 Pandemic lockdown measures were put in place and the eventual cancellation of the event, leaving her essentially stuck in Japan with no career prospects. During that time she had fallen into the Hololive rabbit hole and when auditions opened up for the English generation, auditioned out of desperation. She mentions that joining possibly saved her life since without it, she would have returned from Japan without a purpose.
- Death Amnesia: After dying and coming back to life (due to her channel getting temporarily terminated for a few hours), Kiara held a second "debut stream" where she appeared to have no memories of her previous experiences at Hololive. She addressed her fellow Hololive EN members and the second generation Hololive ID members as her "senpais", despite that the latter group debuted after she did. In addition, Kiara asked "who's Calli?" when the KFP employees asked if Kiara remembered her. Judging by Calli's calmness (and referring to the chat's panic as "growing pains"), it's implied that this temporary amnesia after coming back from the dead is normal for Kiara. Indeed, Kiara had some Wistful Amnesia after seeing Calli's name enough times, then regained her memories and declared her love for Calli once again, much to the chat's delight.
- Does Not Like Spam:
- When discussing a full English breakfast in her Kobo drawing stream, she mentions a strong disdain for mushrooms.
- And in her VR Collab with Reine, she mentions that she actually doesn't like sushi, despite having once lived in Japan for a while.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: A downplayed example. In the first week or so of Kiara's career, her fans were worried about her emotional state thanks to her being a slow starter and having bouts of Heroic Self-Deprecation, to the point where the hololive Subreddit had multiple "Poor Kiara needs our help" posts every day. During one stream she asked her fans to stop doing these "pity posts", saying that while she appreciated their concern, it made her look weak-willed and fragile to newcomers and explained that she needs to stand on her own two feet. The fans listened, Kiara thankfully found her confidence soon after, and everything ended on a happy note.
- Double Entendre: During the "Welcome to Kiwawa Airlines!" video.Kiara: All exits on the airplane are marked, but I decide when you get off.
- Dual Wielding: One of her pose options has her wielding a pair of chicken drumsticks, which are apparently plastic and not edible. This is carried over onto her Walfie chibi model.
- Early Installment Weirdness:
- She admitted that her Seiso proper idol personality in her first two streams that was suddenly dropped was an act that she had decided to put on, but later changed her mind to sticking to her real personality resulting in streams more akin to Matsuri and Marine with frequent vulgar humor, Too Much Information sex talk or jokes, and constant cursing in three different languages, because she says she would rather just do what she wants to do naturally.
- Early on, her fanbase was referred to as the "Kiara Fan Club" for the acronym joke; however, she ended up having to request that fanworks not abbreviate the tag to "KFC" so she could more easily search it. Since she was already referring to her fans as her employees, "KFP employees" became the preferred fan term, and from late 2020 on, she has called the fans KFP employees and used the KFP tag as well.
- At first, Kiara claimed to come from "Australia", which was clearly a joke meant to imply which European country she hailed from. Anyone who knows basic geography would know that a native German speaker such as herself was implying that she was Austrian. It's unknown why she chose to give that information in a roundabout way, but she continued to refer to her home as "Australia" for nearly a year. After Hololive Council's debut, which consists of two bona-fide Aussies with distinct Aussie accents, Kiara has since dropped this joke and just refers to Austria directly on stream instead.
- Earn Your Happy Ending: Kiara noted that she had been a real life idol in her first myth collab, but later explained that it hadn't ended well. That although it had been her dream she eventually ended up giving up on it, and that her later attempt to launch a different career in Japan was ruined by the COVID pandemic. On joining Hololive she was understandably upset by being the lowest subbed member of her generation, and that the others had skills and talents that overshadowed hers. As a result the moment where she finally got on stage at "Hololive 3rd Festival" was the moment where she could really put her passion on display, and there was widespread agreement that she looked every inch the idol she dreamed of being.
- Earth-Shattering Kaboom: Apparently, the end-goal of KFP is to blow up the Earth.
- Eek, a Mouse!!: A large ant climbing her microphone cable gave her such a scare that she momentarily switched to a different pitch and nearly ended the stream right there.
- Everyone Has Standards:
Kiara: [reading the superchat while struggling not to laugh] "Tencho will you please marry me? I know we denied [sic] once before but I just realized how much European citizenship will help my career opportunities". F you! That's a "hell no" from me! [snickers] You just want to use me for a visa! Oh my god! Rude! [laughs]
- She took some time to address concerns that people had regarding her interactions with Calli, namely that there were some people who genuinely believed that Kiara was being too pushy with her on-screen lusting after her and that Calli was starting to dislike her. Kiara assured her audience that she would never do anything to make Calli feel genuinely uncomfortable and they actually are good friends, paraphrased below.Kiara: First, if Calli really had a problem with me, she would tell me in private and I would knock it off. Second, she actually does like me a lot but is just really bad at expressing herself, that's just how she is. Third, if she really didn't like me, she wouldn't be going on a fucking spa date with me.
- For as much of a Lovable Sex Maniac as she is, even she was hesitant to say that she "made babies with Calli's pussy", referring to how she bred Calli's cats in Minecraft. While she did eventually say it, it took her several tries to get that final word out.
- When she gets a Superchat from someone wanting to marry her just to get a European visa, she (humorously) does not take it well.
- She took some time to address concerns that people had regarding her interactions with Calli, namely that there were some people who genuinely believed that Kiara was being too pushy with her on-screen lusting after her and that Calli was starting to dislike her. Kiara assured her audience that she would never do anything to make Calli feel genuinely uncomfortable and they actually are good friends, paraphrased below.
- Exotic Eye Designs: Aside from the color being a very vibrant magenta, her pupils are noted by Calli to resemble skulls. Her illustrator, huke, denied this theory as he originally drew her pupils as standard black circles and it is simply the way that they're shaded which creates the resemblance.
- Fangirl: For Pekora, whom she listed as her favorite senpai, as well as a goal of hers being an official collaboration with her. Ever since Pekora visited her debut stream, Kiara would almost always lose all composure and begin Squeeing out loud whenever they get to interact with each other, to the point of exhibiting Extreme Doormat tendencies on occasion.
- Fiery Redhead: Quite literally. Whenever she's incensed enough, her hair would spontaneously combust. One of her belt buckle's many functions is to prevent this from happening.
- Flanderization: Kiara has Discussed this in terms of her discomfort with how being "Bottom Left" and always chasing after Calli had come to dominate her image in the fandom and that she wants to avoid falling into this situation with regards to herself, to the point where she has become annoyed at the over-use of the "Bottom Left" meme outside of when she's actually acting that way as well as why she felt she had to move on from TakaMori shipping in order to allow her character to grow in other ways.
- Foreign-Language Tirade: Not above unleashing strings of German expletives if she's gotten especially frustrated.
- Friend to All Children: Despite having no experience with babies, she is surprisingly good with them. When she discovered her youngest fan was 4 month old Baby Xander she spent the next portion of her stream playing with him and was delighted to find out said baby loved it.
- From Bad to Worse: While playing Pokémon, Kiara suffered a bad leg cramp, causing her to legitamitely start crying in pain. The worst of the pain passed a few minutes later, and she managed to calm down. However, once Kiara regained her focus, she was brought to despair upon realizing that the KFP employees were going to clip the entire ordeal.
- Full-Name Basis: Downplayed. For quite a while, she was the only EN member to consistently call Hakos Baelz "Baelz" rather than "Bae". She didn't use the surname, but the effect was about the same because Hakos prefers her name in the shortened form. Eventually, after interacting with her more, Kiara switched to "Bae" like everyone else.
- Fun with Acronyms: Her fanbase name was initially officially Kiara Fan Club or KFC.
- The Gambling Addict: Kiara discovered the casino in Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and the chat got her hooked on Blackjack. After a lot of pent up frustration from losing, it was clear she was bit by the gambling bug and jumped clear off the deep end while resorting to Save Scumming to negate her losses. She rightfully blamed the chat.[Kiara loses her sanity after an hour of Blackjack]
Chat: We've lost her, boys. She's gone crazy.
Kiara: That's right, YOU created this monster! I was like "I don't know cards, I don't wanna play cards, I don't understand cards" and you were like "Play blackjack! Play blackjack! Play blackjack! Play blackjack! [Incoherent babbling]"
- The Gadfly: Due to Calli's dorkiness, Kiara loves taking every opportunity to flirt with her during collab streams.
- Gainaxing: She is proud of her boing-boings, which she often makes to bounce with energetic movements. She tried to talk Calli into bouncing her boing-boings with her on a stream, only to get a flat refusal.
- Genki Girl: Probably the most upbeat and excitable out of all the English girls along with Gura.
- George Jetson Job Security: She fires all her KFP employees for not throwing against her in Mario Kart 8 after making a private lobby for the explicit purpose of doing so. Everyone ends up rehired in the same stream though.
- Good Parents:
- Kiara's illustrator, huke, is seen as this by fans since he is present for most of her streams in the chatroom showing support, though he isn't above trolling his daughter either.
- After telling her (real) mother about her position as a vtuber, Kiara noted that she was surprisingly supportive and flattered that the fans were so kind in regards to Kiara's stories about her, now making it a point to catch up on all her archives.
- Gratuitous German: She is a native German speaker and uses several speech quirks associated with Bavarian dialect. She opens off streams with "Kikkeriki", the German onomatopoeia of a rooster's crow, and thanks superchats with "danke schön".
- Guilty Pleasure: Scene/emo music, namely because it was considered incredibly niche in the community she grew up in to the point that her friends would think she was weird for being into it.
- Guns Do Not Work That Way: She has a poor understanding of guns and ammunition. During their Hunter: The Vigil campaign, Kiara asked GM Calliope if she could reload the spent brass cartridges of a sniper rifle into her revolver to fire them again. In a later stream, Kiara admitted she assumed guns somehow just shot the whole cartridge out the barrel. Ironically, her Hunter character is specced almost entirely into guns. (Fans joke that the phoenix last saw guns during the black powder era.)
- Has a Type: Although she herself hasn't claimed to have one, her aggressive flirting with Pekora, Calli, and Kronii seems to imply that she has a thing for people who appear to be The Stoic, but are actually shy and awkward dorks when flustered.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Early on Kiara was quite critical of herself since she felt that her fluency with languages wasn't nearly as good a talent as the other HoloMyth girls' skills, like Calli's singing and Ina's drawing. However, her ability to speak three languages not only lets her communicate with fans all over the world, but it makes her the prime candidate for collaborations with the original hololive girls and allows her to translate for them on the fly. As an example, many identified her as the MVP during the collaboration between EN and 5th Gen in Among Us, as her translation was invaluable in keeping both teams up to date with each other.
- Henshin Hero: Her gear, especially her belt, gives off this vibe; observers have drawn a lot of comparisons to Kamen Rider OOO Tajador Combo and Hou'ou Soldier, two phoenix-themed Toku heroes. However, she has admitted that she herself has zero knowledge of, or interest in, Toku shows.
- Heroic Self-Deprecation:
- While she's usually upbeat, she tends to beat herself up when she doesn't do well at games, especially if it's something she knows the audience is going to be more knowledgeable in. In her first stream of Fire Emblem: Three Houses stream, she almost lost the Mock Battle (as in, the second fight in the game), and only won because of her last character being strong enough to secure the win. She apologized heavily for it, calling herself "bird for brains" even as the chat told her not to worry note .
- As noted elsewhere, Kiara claimed early on that her "only" talent was for translation and that she felt inadequate compared to the other HoloMyth girls. Since then, she's proven herself to be a very talented singer and artist, and comparisons to professional-level talents like Calli and Ina are doing her a disservice.
- Hidden Depths:
- In the second EN collaboration stream, Kiara revealed that before her current incarnation in our universe, she had been a flight attendant, professional trainer, and (non-virtual) idol. She also shared to Nene that she worked as an actual Miko for a time.
- Shortly after finally finding her stride and acknowledging how invaluable her conversational and translation skills are, she proposed the idea of hosting a semi-regular talk show with other members of Hololive (including YAGOO) as guests. She has also noted that despite her normal irreverence, her intent with these is to provide actual insightful looks into the lives of her colleagues and will be taking a more serious tone when compared to her other content; this would culminate in the creation of the Holotalk show, which she hosts every two weeks.
- During the first "KFP Dance School" collab with Ame and Gura, she revealed that she used to dance and that dancing was (and still is) a very important part of who she is. Her 3D Debut (with full body tracking) and a choreography by Kiannanote pretty much confirmed that she still has the moves and that she is still an amazing dancer.
- The Hilarity of Hats:
- Despite wearing two hats already, she asked Ina for a third one during a drawing stream (to no avail since Ina was too focused on drawing). After said stream, Ina uploaded a drawing of Kiara wearing a towering stack of hats to which she responded enthusiastically.
- During Amelia's second stream of Super Mario Odyssey, Kiara had demanded Amelia to give her the hat she just purchased from the game's cosmetic shop.
- History Repeats: Discussed. Prior to Pavolia Reine's debut, Kiara mentioned how fitting it would be if Reine's first senpai collab after the one-month collab ban period was her, just as Subaru was her first senpai collab after one month, due to all three being bird-themed. Played straight one month after Reine's debut where Kiara would indeed be her first cross-branch collab partner, even reusing the same hashtag Kiara used for her first collab with Subaru, #holobirds.
- Humanity Ensues: She's a phoenix who has been turned into a human by her magic belt. According to her, taking it off would change her back.
- She had made fun of Nene's assertion that Kid Com shows were mature dramas, only to reveal several days later that she had found very old and poorly produced World of Warcraft music videos set to emo/scene music to be emotionally impactful.
- Counting as a Double Standard, while Kiara opposes the idea of Calliope being shipped with anyone other than herself, she herself casually flirts with several other members of Hololive and even jokingly proposed to Burger King on Twitter. She has also admitted that she was jealous when Calli did a collab with Korone, despite the fact that not only does Kiara do far more collabs with other members than Calli does, but Calli's collab with Korone was completely platonic and wholesome, while Kiara is, well, a Lovable Sex Maniac.
- When collabing with Reine, she claimed that it would be impossible to create a hololive turducken since while Reine and Subaru are a turkey and a duck, respectively, Kiara is a phoenix and not a chicken, seemingly ignoring the fact that Reine is a peahen and not a turkey (not to mention that Subaru's status as a duck is also... complicated, to say the least). She also humorously chewed out Reine for claiming otherwise and not doing her research. Kiara later clarified that she only called Reine a turkey because she saw others doing it and she had genuinely forgotten that it wasn't true, and apologized.
- Hypocrisy Nod: During her stream when she played Minecraft with her IRL mother, Gura logged in and greeted the latter in German. When Kiara's mother responded, also in German, she used a word that Kiara didn't know, which made her joke "learn german Kiara". A flustered Kiara could only respond with "you learn English first, i saw all your typos". After sulking for a few minutes, Kiara admitted that her mother had a point, and that she should at least know her own native language.
- Ill Girl: Has asthma and suffers from chronic pain. note
- If It's You, It's Okay:
- Kiara is willing (read: absolutely craving) to go through a lot of things as long as Pekora is the one doing them to her, usually those humiliating in nature, like being shot in the face in Minecraft, or being called an idiot. Apparently, she derives a lot of pleasure from experiencing those, much to Calli's chagrin if she's present. Pekora for the most part isn't interested in all that sketchy business.
- The Insult of Endearment from Calli, "Kusotori", is Japanese for "shit bird". Kiara doesn't mind it at all, but only if it's Calli saying it. If anyone else calls Kiara by that name, she politely but firmly tells them to stop.
- Implausible Deniability: During a Superchat readout, Kiara spent a significant amount of time going through her entries on this page and attempting to deny the more egregious claims that have been made note ; she states that the editors of her entry must be watching all of her content in order to catalog it thoroughly, tacitly admitting to some of the claims.
- In the Blood: Kiara says that her Lady Swears-a-Lot tendencies run in the family, which her mother ably demonstrates when she was a guest in the August 19, 2021 Minecraft stream.
- The Insomniac: Her sleep schedule could be best described as "nonexistent." Her streams will always go long over time and into the night, and even after she's done streaming she has admitted to spending hours afterwards on social media and watching Netflix.
- Irony: Owns her own fast food chain. Has gone on record saying that her favorite fast food is from Burger King.
- Jack-of-All-Stats: In terms of streamer talents, while Kiara isn't the top in any particular area (aside from being multilingual), she is accomplished in the most amount of fields compared to the other girls. Her singing and song creation skills while incredible, fall short of Gura, Calli, and later IRyS. She is easily the second best artist in EN, only behind Ina who is The Ace in this area. Her gaming skills show in her preference for Nintendo games, especially the Mario franchise, as well as Eastern RPGs like the Atelier and Yakuza series, though she falls short of the gaming skills in some collab games like Mario Kart. Overall, while she Kiara isn't the best at any one thing, she is one of the most versatile talented among her generation.
- Jaw Drop: Unlike her Genmates, Kiara's default expression has her mouth hanging open and tends to stay that way whether she's actually talking or not.
- Kind Hearted Cat Lover: Kiara has lived with her two cats for the whole two years when she lived in Japan, but her two roommates weren't too fond about letting them into their own rooms for fear of shedding cat hair. The cats would often have to stay in the living room for most of her stay, except for when Kiara let them sleep in her room. Kiara mentioned that during her first after moving back to Austria, it took all of 5 minutes for her cats to adjust to their new home and they slept beside her on her bed. She was too tired for her usual routine of watching Netflix before falling asleep because she was just so tired, and was really happy that her cats gave her that moment of happiness.
- Knightly Sword and Shield: Wields a shield and shortsword, the latter able to fit inside the former for storage.
- Lady Swears-a-Lot: Kiara swears much more casually compared to the rest of EN, which she put down to English being a second language for her; she has said that she specifically avoids vulgarity when speaking German. Except she admits in German in another stream that she was lying about that, as she later tried to teach Gura bad words and drops constant swears in German while playing against her fans at Mario Kart. She can also be fairly vulgar in Japanese.Kiara: [In German] I wonder how many people realize I'm swearing right now?
- Let's Meet the Meat: She views her audience, specifically her members, as chickens who also work for her. Of particular note is the progression of her subscriber badges which go through the life cycle of a chicken and end in a drumstick and later a bucket of fried chicken, implying that she is raising her viewers for the slaughter.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: She even eclipses the almost perpetually horny Marine in this aspect:
- Aside from her lusting after Calli while contemplating how she could convince her to procreate on a deserted island with her, she was once aroused by her joycons vibrating while playing Super Mario 64, became strangely fascinated with the idea of shoving random objects up her ass while playing Mario Kart, and wanted to marry every woman in Fire Emblem Three Houses at once to have a massive harem.
- She also loves to make sex jokes. In both the collab stream and Calli's, she asks Ina and Calli about their "boing boings" without shame.
- Her first Atelier Ryza stream is rife with moments where Kiara revels in the game's Male Gaze moments, taking a screenshot in just about every scene that has Ryza in it — doubly so when Ryza's thighs show up. Her second stream even lampshades this by having the title "Ryza thighs save lives". At one point she changes Lila's outfit to a swimsuit and she's just absolutely floored.
- And then there's her The Sims 4 stream, where she spends half of her 2-and-a-half-hour stream carefully designing Sims representing herself and Calliope, and then spends the remaining half doing her utmost to court the Calliope-Sim, reveling in the flirting she's getting her Sim to do. When it starts to look like the Big Damn Kiss is happening, Kiara takes the time to savor the moment and tries to get the best shot she can get. After getting them to "woohoo" she ends the stream immediately, completely satisfied. This prompted shocked responses from Calli, huke, and Kiara's IRL sister.Calli: ...omfg
huke: Kiara is now the lowest line of hololive.
Kiara: My... My actual sister sent me this... (yes I have a sister) I.. I don't know what she means with this
- When asked about the incident where the girls were testing their avatars prior to debuting and Gura accidentally loaded in naked, Kiara admitted that not only was her reaction to write "I wanna see everyone naked" on Discord, but she regrets not taking any screenshots or recording it.
- During one Minecraft stream, Kiara bred Calli's cats to make a kitten. After intensely Squeeing about how she made a baby with Calli... 's cat, she suddenly realized the potential for a Double Entendre, saying that "I made babies with Calli's pussy" (after suddenly struggling for over thirty seconds to get out the last word).
- Love at First Sight: Her affinity for Calli appears to be this. She had noted when recounting her first impressions of all the other EN members that she found Calli to be quick-witted and naturally funny as well as physically appealing to all of her particular tastes before going on to comment on her kindness and helpfulness leading up to their debut.Kiara: When I first met all of them, the one that struck me was Calli... I was like, 'Damn, she hot, what a hot-ass chick!'
- Love Freak: One of the friendliest, most extroverted members of all of hololive.Calli: ([explaining why she assigned Kiara the Sun arcana in the music video for Red]): Kiara is a sunny, bright, and happy, cheerful being that is, just, basically, in my opinion, one of the big, I guess, sunshines of Hololive English. Um, she's so outgoing and friendly, [...] Kiara is this bubbly, sunny being of light and friendliness, [...] Kiara is just so happy and cheerful, I can't help but smile a little around her, [...] so, yeah, I would say, um, Kiara's always been really positive.
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: Can be argued to be playing this role to Calli's brooding stoic introvert.
- Medium Blending: Kiara is the one most likely to incorporate live-action segments into her videos, even if they are pre-recorded. She uses her own Kiara cosplay to show her arms and hands during cooking streams, and most prominently during her third outfit reveal.
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: Upon transforming into a Cat Girl during her casual outfit reveal stream, she would meow instead of speaking English when attempting to talk. She then states that she eats lots of food, sleeps a lot, annoys her owner, and does some things that she's told not to do. Interestingly, she specifies that she doesn't catch mice because she's scared of them.
- Mirror Character: To Coco Kiryu, with fans and both girls themselves pointing out the immense similarities between them, with Kiara even suggesting they are sisters or the same person from different points in time.
- Both have orange hair, amber eyes, are quite tall, and both are humanoid mythological creatures (a dragon and a phoenix).
- Both run a morally ambiguous organization (Yakuza and KFP), both are referred to with a professional title (Kaichou and Tenchou). Both speak fluent Japanese and English, both host guest streams to reach out to foreign fans (Reddit Meme Review and Holotalk), and both use copious amounts of vulgar language in English.
- Finally both have a waifu that Kiara points out is associated with life or death (Kanata an angel and Calli a reaper).
- Mundane Utility: Not herself, but the fact the she is immortal is treated like such by her fellow members. When both were asked which member of Hololive English they would rather be stuck on an island with, Gura and Amelia both placed Kiara higher than the others simply because she can be an endless food supply. It's also the reasoning on why during the group's second Minecraft stream she was the one to try sleeping in the Nether despite knowing that doing so is impossible and typically leads to death.
- Never Heard That One Before: She's grown quite tired of the "bottom left" meme due to people overusing it, stating that while she is a shameless pervert, even she has her own standards and lines that she will not cross, and said meme usually portrays her in a much more exaggerated light than she actually is, making it unfunny after a while.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: She is a phoenix-cat-chicken streamer-warrior-idol-fast food restaurant owner. She even comes with a whole slew of secondary species such as frog and vampire in her 2021 Halloween collab.
- No Guy Wants to Be Chased: In a rare turn of events, she was actually the one to declare chat her husbands without any requests. The normally waifu-crazed chat politely but firmly turned her down.
- Not Actually the Ultimate Question: Of a list of four proposals of Usual Room additions note the only one that gets denied is the third one. Her reasoning?
- Oblivious to Love: It's commonly joked that while Kiara is crazy for Calli, whenever Calli shows even a hint of returning her affections, she doesn't notice it at all. Case in point.
- The One Guy: Her papa, huke, has the distinction of being the first male to play Minecraft with any of the female idols, having established farms in the EN server. Unfortunately, certain parts of the fanbase were not too happy about this, which lead to huke essentially being banned from playing with the girls.
- One-Winged Angel: Discussed and joked about during her introduction stream. She claims that she can shift into her true form after pressing the button on her belt, then asks if the audience would like to see it. When it seems like Kiara will transform into a massive, fiery phoenix, the transition instead cuts to her looking the same as she always does... but now holding two fried drumsticks in her hands. Later, during a Super Mario 64 stream, she threatens to unleash her true form on Mario and burn everything he loves to the ground, and mostly didn't do it because she asked her "papa" for permission and didn't get it.
- OOC Is Serious Business: After seeing comments speculating that Calliope was genuinely bothered by her Abhorrent Admirer behavior, Kiara partially broke character to point out that she and Calliope are friends who've discussed these things off-stream. They've already established what is and isn't crossing the line, and if Kiara ever accidentally went too far Calli can just tell her and she'd stop.
- Orgasmically Delicious: Invoked Trope. During the stream where Kiara and Calli talked about their trip together, Kiara described the wagyu beef they ate together one night as "the best yakiniku I've ever freaking had. You know, while I was eating, I was constantly having an orgasm!"Calli: What.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: During her first Superchat reading streams, she admits that she feels lacking compared to the other members of Hololive English, who are all so talented while all she has is her mastery of Japanese.
- Parental Sexuality Squick: Downplayed. When Mamatori was first introduced during a session of Minecraft, her chat started asking if Mamatori was single. Kiara got uncharastically mad at her chat for asking the question.
- The Peeping Tom: Accused another player of being one while playing on the airship map on Among Us.Kiara: AHH! Oh, cute! You take a shower!
[Notices another player walk in and stand there]
Kiara: [gasps] He was watching me take a shower...
- The Phoenix: Part of her theme with her profile noting that she'll be reborn from the ashes.
- Phrase Catcher:
- "Bottom left" (referring to her positioning on the dumb-smart / impure-pure chart, according to her character designer) whenever she is being stupid or horny. Which is often.
- "Language, Kiara!" is stated whenever she is being particularly vulgar and is acutely aware that her viewers will call her out on it.
- Pocket Dimension: The Usual Room is apparently a combination of this and Prison Dimension, which means any detained employees are in their own copy.
- Politeness Judo: Has mentioned several times being fairly competent at it, as well as the classic Puppy-Dog Eyes maneuver.
- Polyglot: Fluent in Japanese, English, and German, with German being her first language, and knows enough Italian to use it for work purposes. There was also a time when she tried to learn Latin, Chinese and Korean. During streams, she makes an effort to self-dub herself into Japanese, is comfortable enough to do collaborations in Japanese, and sometimes holds some German learning streams with her fellow members.
- Portmanteau Couple Name: In-Universe. She and Calliope are referred to as Takamori, which is even given this hashtag when they collab.
- Power Limiter: Her belt buckle is one, as it normally serves to restrict her powers to a manageable level and keeps her in her human form, so long as Kiara doesn't mess with it, as its activation will turn her back into a phoenix.
- The Prankster: One of Kiara's favorite pranks is to rickroll either her fellow idols or her fans.
- Precision F-Strike: When she gets angry, she tends to call those who made her angry as a "little shit".
- Quality over Quantity: As of holo ID Gen 2's debut, Kiara expressed multiple times that the hololive production cast is in a great spot and she wouldn't mind if they held less frequent auditions.
- Rage Breaking Point: During a Super Mario 64 stream that went on for one-and-a-half hours going after a single star note , Kiara got increasingly frustrated, and went through the five stages of grief... including, of course, rage of the sort she's never shown before.Kiara: ...I am single-handedly going to kill you, Mario. I will kill you. And your family. I will kill you, and Luigi, and Peach, and Daisy, and Toad... every single one of them, I will kill them. I will burn your stupid castle to the ground.
- Really Gets Around: Non-sexual example. Due to having the strongest understanding of Japanese and her outgoing personality, she has the most contacts with the Japanese branch members and more 1-on-1 collaborations with them than her fellow branch members.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: She did a flight attendant skit accompanying her New Years kimono reveal. This was a few weeks after she revealed in a stream that she actually had worked as one for a while.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Red to Calli's blue. Calli is gloomy, sarcastic and introverted, while Kiara is bubbly, cheerful and outgoing. Their contrasting personalities make for great comedic interaction.
- Resurrective Immortality:
- According to her backstory, she has died and revived many times, each time reincarnating into a different reality. When asked if phoenix meat was part of her menu, she claims that eating her would kill her for good as she can only resurrect from ashes.
- When her YouTube account got wrongfully suspended in December 2020, she took the opportunity to crack jokes of this being her first phoenix death. Once her account came back online, she held a "Revival" stream where she declared she had risen from the ashes and was reborn, even holding a second debut stream for herself and even having brief Death Amnesia.
- In late February 2021, her channel got shadowbanned and she lost two months worth of streams and videos, including her second original song Heart Challenger. When the shadowban was lifted in March of that year, she took this opportunity to have a third debut stream, this time in German.
- Retractable Weapon: Her weapons appear to be shrunken down and worn like a badge when not in use.
- The Rival: Played for Laughs with Youtube of all things, with the site shadow-banning some of her streams, and even once getting straight up banned from it, fans have started joking how their rivalry is one of the most epic ones of all time.
- Room 101: Kiara has alluded to the existence of the "usual room", which is where she sends disobedient employees or those who discover company secrets to ensure their silence. She also uses it as a threat to get her employees to cater to her whims as well.
- Schmuck Bait: Kiara falls for one after Subaru wouldn't reveal the color of her panties the first time.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Managed to win a match of Gang Beasts by running away from everyone, letting them fight among themselves or slip up and fall into traps.
- Screw Yourself: When she plays Princess Connect! Re:Dive, she makes a point of putting the cursor on Pecorine's bust and clicking through all the dialogue there, right after speculating that Pecorine is an Alternate Universe version of Kiara herself.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Much like Calli (who transitioned from Grim Reaper to rapper to party dress), Kiara's formal dress introduced in December 2021 goes for a more glamourous look than either her default and summer outfits, and includes more than one removable accessory (in this case, the blue shawl and the eye mask).
- Shipper on Deck: Seems to be on board with the KronMei pairing.
- Signature Laugh: Coincidentally, Kiara's laugh sounds just like Pekora's even if she isn't trying to imitate her. She can't seem to remember if she always laughed that way or she developed it after watching all of Pekora's streams. As a result, fansubbers have taken to accentuating her laughs with arrows as well, although unlike Pekora's case where they point all over the place, Kiara's arrows usually point towards the bottom left corner of the screen.HA ↙ HA ↙ HA ↙ HA ↙ HA ↙
- Significant Birth Date: July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day in the United States.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Rammstein when it comes to her karaoke streams. Kiara doesn't think too highly of the band but the chat keeps bringing them up and requesting their songs even in the completely wrong karaoke streams. She eventually capitulated and sang Du Hast. And then they egged her when she revealed she did not know the lyrics.Kiara: Not every german speaking person knows this song!
- Sleep Deprivation: Most of EN were dead tired by the time their first collab ran since they stayed awake for each other's debuts, but Kiara earns a special mention for scheduling and sticking with a Fall Guys stream soon after which brings her total time without sleep to 28 hours.
- Smart People Play Chess: Subverted. She was a member of her primary school's chess team, but was their absolute worst player to the point of not being brought along for a tournament they were attending. In a collab with Amelia, her absolute lack of skill was on full display (although Amelia wasn't much better.)
- So Proud of You:
- During a collab stream with Gura, involving her giving the shark Japanese lessons, she was repeatedly impressed by Gura's aptitude to learning Japanese and how spot-on her pronunciation was, citing she was proud of her student.
- In April 2022, Kiara would feel similarly proud for Gura organizing the Myth April Fools VR collab entirely on her own, with Gura coming up with all the ideas herself and reaching out to all the respective people to make it happen.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: On her profile, the list of languages she speaks starts with "Bird". She has demonstrated speaking chicken (in the form of clucking), and her greeting at the beginning of streams is the German onomatopoeia of a rooster's crow.
- Straight Man and Wise Guy: The wise guy to Calli's Straight Man, constantly flirting and saying outrageous things while Calli remains the Only Sane Man.
- Surprise Creepy: For those unfamiliar with The Brothers Grimm, Kiara reading German Fairy Tales seems warm and inviting up until it becomes apparent that the stories are very dark.
- Surprisingly Sudden Death: On December 9th, 2020, Kiara's channel was taken down without any warning. She was as surprised as everyone else, and after some worry decided to meme on it like it's just one of many deaths to come, then setting up an "emergency meme contest" while she waited to rise from the ashes. Then when her channel was restored some hours later, she hosted a re-do of her debut stream, saying she'd been reborn.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial:
- She will often remind her audiences that she is a phoenix and not a chicken. This (certainly deliberate) reminder of the confusion only ends up reinforcing it.
- Calli ended up being late for a stream after having misplaced her keys following a business meeting with Kiara over dinner. Kiara, completely unprompted, responded to Calli's announcement about waiting for a locksmith by saying she was in no way responsible for her missing keys. While it may have been true, fan reaction was to pin the incident on Kiara as a bid to get Calli to spend the night at her place and stream from there instead.
- In the "Welcome to KFP" short, part of the brainwashing technique Kiara uses on new employees is a repeated Madness Mantra of "We are not a cult."
- Take Over the World: Her debut stream's storybook opening states she's attempting to take over the world differently in this life, apparently by opening a fast-food chain. Later clarified that it's first to take over, then to destroy the world.
- Talk Show: Hosts her own talk show, HoloTalk, where she interviews and translates the responses of her guests from hololive Productions.
- Team Mom: Though not to the memetic extent of say Mio or Lamy, but Kiara definitely fills this role for Holo Myth.
- She is the self-proclamed "mom" of Gura, Amelia and Ina'nis, declaring Calliope as "dad" in the process, as shown in this tweet. Taken further in their six month anniversary stream where she openly expresses her desire to hug and comfort Gura when the latter got emotional talking about how far the group had come in those six months.
- Ina was once two hours late for a scheduled Minecraft stream. Kiara's guerilla "Waiting for Ina" stream gives off the same vibe as a concerned mother staying up all night waiting for a daughter that missed curfew. (It helps that it was roughly 1:00 AM in Kiara's timezone when Ina finally woke up.) She did this again when Baelz was missing and implied that she enjoys doing these kinds of streams as a Running Gag. While they're undeniably entertaining content, given Kiara's personality, it's also quite likely she's trying to take some heat off her coworkers by keeping their fans entertained while they wait.
- During the Anime Expo panels, she notices that Amelia was skipped over when the host was asking everyone about their new outfits. Since Amelia's pretty introverted, Kiara brought it up to her and wanted to make sure Amelia was included, and made sure to praise her creativity on the first day's panel and the second day's panel.
- She has mentioned on several occasions that she tries to be there as much as possible for the EN generations after her (like Project Hope and Council) because doesn't want them to have go through the chaos and anxiety of debut and the early days inexperienced and nearly alone like holoMyth had to.
- Kiara finally got her wish of being recognized as a mom by another girl in the form of Kobo from Hololive Indonesia Gen 3, who affectionately refers to her as "Kiara-mama".
- That Came Out Wrong: During a Minecraft stream with Ina, Kiara expressed her annoyance at her neighbors doing loud construction work next door. Unfortunately, her choice of words left much to the imagination.Kiara: Stupid neighbors are still banging, after all these hours they're still banging on something... wait, oh my god...
Kiara: I mean, I mean, they were really, ahem, for hours, I don't know man, I couldn't sleep, I woke up—
- The Teetotaler: She vehemently dislikes the taste of alcohol and cannot handle it well, and prefers to drink other things such as soda when out with social drinkers such as Calliope.
- Tempting Fate: She accurately called out that an entry would be made about her regarding the reading of her own list of entries, as with Implausible Deniability above.
- They Call Me MISTER Tibbs!: Towards the end of a collaboration with Polka, she had started to address Kiara by her nickname of "kusotori" and making puns with her name such as "Shiny Smily Kusotori" or "Nonstop Kusotori." While Kiara found it humorous, she eventually attempted to tell Polka that only Calli had the privilege to call her that and asked her to just call her by her name.
- Time Abyss: Kiara's age is given as "Eternal" as she is an immortal phoenix who never stops reincarnating from death every few hundred years.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: With Calli, Kiara is the Girly Girl to Calli's Tomboy. Kiara is more into cute fashion and is more bubbly, while Calli is more butch, likes to drink and likes to wear street clothes.
- Torture Cellar: "The Usual Room" that Kiara loves to send her misbehaving employees too, was visualized by a commissioned artist for Kiara to use as a background for reading superchats. It's a sterile white room with forced reeducation terminals, a floor scattered with Lego pieces, flashing red lights, speakers that blare "Sparks" on loop, a giant blackboard that says "WATCH ONLY ME", and TV monitors with flickering static images of Kiara.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Pineapples, enough that she loves putting them on pizza and burgers.
- Transformation Trinket: She has a Kamen Rider-esque belt, sealed with the message "Do Not Use"; according to her, activating it will make her turn into a phoenix again, which isn't really a good idea.
- Translator Buddy: Has quickly carved out a niche for this on the EN side of things. Due to the other members' comprehension level of Japanese being conversational at best, she functions as a go-between for any of the Hololive Japan members and her own audience, or between the EN members and other Japanese speakers. She was specifically invited to the remix party for Calliope's contest to work as the interpreter for K's, will live translate any Japanese member she collaborates with (as well as help them understand English), and helped keep the conversation flowing during a cross-generation Among Us stream, even in matches where she was eliminated and knew who the imposter was.
- Tranquil Fury: One of her big Minecraft projects for a while was restoring a Ghost Town by surrounding it with big, proper walls to prevent villagers from wandering off and bringing in new villagers from other places, whom she then forced to breed to repopulate the place. This led chat to dub her North Kiara. After the name kept getting spammed, she stated, in an atypically matter-of-fact way, that she doesn't think it's very funny and might just permaban anyone who keeps using it.
- Troubling Unchildlike Behavior: Played for Laughs. During an EN collab playing UNO. Kiara's punishment for loosing a round is to talk like a baby. Problem is, even as a baby, Kiara still swears all the time.Ina: Language, baby.
- Tsundere: As Calli has softened up in her on-screen interactions with Kiara, she has started talking more about wanting to spend time with her and how much she appreciates her company and friendship, likely due to Kiara's planned return home in early 2021. Kiara noted her behavior to be a bit clingy and playfully rebuffed Calli's desire for her to show up in her stream chat in a bit of odd role-reversal that saw Kiara becoming a Type A Tsundere out of sheer disbelief that Calli would be fishing for her attention that much.
- The Unmasking: Kiara's real mother explained that she may have learned about her daughter's career choice from her brother, to which Kiara immediately speculates that he might have heard about it through Reddit.Kiara's mom: He came to me out of the blue and told me you became a VTuber, and I sat there and I thought... "What the fuck is a VTuber?"
- Verbal Tic: As punishment for her poor performance against Ina and Calli in Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, Kiara had to end her sentences with "puyo" for her following stream.
- Vitriolic Best Buds:
- Has this kind of dynamic with Calli— after all, an undying being will get on the nerves of the grim reaper. Despite that, Calli is very supportive of Kiara, having produced her introduction animation and given her one of her spare microphones, which was of significantly higher quality than what Kiara previously had. Also, while Kiara likes to tease Calli, it's always good-natured ribbing, and it's obvious that she adores Calli.
- Often times with Gura. While Kiara loves to bully all of her gen mates, the one who tends to bully back is the shark, especially when the two of them are being competitive in a game where one can expect to see lots of Volleying Insults.
- Vocal Evolution: Her earlier streams had her speaking in a quieter, more soft-spoken voice before it gradually becomes louder and more shrill over time.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting:
- In the opening of her debut stream, it was stated that Kiara decided to take human form because she was lonely. Similar to traditional phoenixes, she appears to be able to transform at will, as she reveals later on that removing her belt will allow her to transform back into her phoenix form.
- Her "am x" series which started with "am frog" seemingly shows that her ability to shapeshift extends to other animals, as these shorts are confirmed to be canon by implication from Kiara's response to the "Are you a bird or a frog?" question, specifically her comment on-screen at this time.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: Invoked when she was reading her trope section here on stream, largely out of dismay from how many tropes have been recorded. Her assumption was that it was someone, singular, who "watched every one of [her] goddamn streams".
- Wide Eyes and Shrunken Irises: On par with Watame's, if not more-so, due to sharing the same Live2D Animator. This tends to happen whenever she's over-excited. During her revival stream she forgot to turn the setting off and was left with wide eyes for ages before she remarked her eyes were getting dry.
- She threatened to kill Polka once the latter said she wanted Calli for herself. Played for Laughs, as she almost immediately made it clear she was just joking.
- When Calli started an English teaching stream themed around a date, she threatened the audience to not touch her or she would burn them herself.
- Yuri Fan:
- She is a big one, if her Fire Emblem: Three Houses gameplay was any indication: While playing a female PC she gushes over the female characters in the game and repeatedly wonders if she can Marry Them All. When she found out that the girl she wanted to marry (Petra) was not available as a romance option for the female main character, Kiara had a minor Heroic BSoD, humorously (and apparently, completely by accident, judging by her subsequent realization) going through the Five Stages of Grief in the span of a few minutes.
- When ranking waifus in Arknights with Ina, she dumps all but two male characters down into D tier.
Ninomae Ina'nis [JP: 一伊那尓栖/にのまえいなにす; CN: 一伊那尔栖]
Birthday: May 20th
Height: 157 cm
Fanbase name: Tentacult (collectively), Takodachi (individually)
Illustrator: Kuroboshi Kouhaku (main); Walfie (Smol); SeafoamBoi (Smol 3D VR); Priichu ("School Girl" 3D VR)
Social Media: Twitter
Alias: Ina, Priestess (by the Ancient Ones)
Species: Empowered Human / Kraken (UMISEA)
Affiliation: Tako Eats, KFP, AKUKIN Construction, UMISEA
Occupation (bar idol): Priestess of The Ancient Ones, (Former?) Senior Waitress at KFP, Food Delivery Courier of Tako Eats
Languages spoken: English, Korean, Japanese (conversational)
To get the clock ticking once again
With my wishes frozen in time and long forgotten
Your fleeting smile
Is all I know
Associated characters: The Ancient Ones (chat moderator), Takodachis, ENMa-chan (manager), Yuul B. Alwright (Hunter: The Vigil character)
- The Ace:
- Ina is a professional level artist, having done official art for various franchises. She regularly holds art streams which show off her proficiency, in both the realism of her art and the speed at which she is able to draw.
- Aside from shooters which are Amelia's territory, Ina generally plays and does very well at difficult games. During a collab with Kiara and Calli on Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, she was able to win pretty easy against both of them even when handicapping herself (she was asked to play slower), defeated the titular Hades when relatively underpowered in regards to permanent upgrades, and defeated a particularly nasty boss in Hollow Knight, the Soul Master, on her very first attempt. Beyond that, she's one of the most talented artists in the entire Hololive cast, with the knowledge to teach it, on top of her singing skills.
- This really sticks out in Minecraft, where she is constantly wowing the others with her building skills, sense of aesthetics, the sheer amount of resources she's gathered (and is freely giving away to her friends because she has too many) and how she's almost always the first with things ('Ina did it already' and 'Ina was here already' being close to a Running Gag at this point). She is also easily the most successful in fights and at the very least ended up matching evenly with Amelia when it comes to being the team's designated Redstone Engineer and builder of public works, if not outright surpassing her in that respect note . In recognition of this, she has been made second-in-command of both KFP and Watson Industries. Over time, this has only escalated further and further, to the point that her crossovers with IRyS have Ina appearing as basically a superhero, frequently coming out of nowhere to pull a Big Damn Heroes and oneshotting all nearby mooks before casually returning to her business by taking flight. As Calliope put it:Calli: It's like, you fly in like this magical, mystical being, I'm just here, like, with my sticks and stones, caveman-style, just like breakin' shit down, and then Ina just descends like a god and is like "Hello, let me use my matrix cube from outer space..."!
- A-Cup Angst: Don't talk about her chest size if you know what's good for you◊. She will accept "hydrodynamic" though. She also invoked a RARE occurance of her angry face when someone made a joke about it on a drawing stream.
- Adorable Abomination: She's basically a normal girl who has turned into an adorable Eldritch Abomination after picking up a copy of the Necronomicon.
- Affectionate Nickname: She calls the Ancient Ones Ao-chan.
- Alternate Character Reading: Her surname "Ninomae" is written with the kanji 一, meaning "one" and usually pronounced "ichi" or "hitotsu". "Ni no mae" (二の前) means "before two"; what comes before two?
- Alternate Self: Smol Ina. Much like Smol Ame, Smol Ina ended up becoming a separate character who refers to the main Ina as "Big Ina".
- Always Someone Better:
- Discussed when playing Mario Kart 8 with her viewers that while she never played online, her mother was regarded as the best player in her house. After the stream, she had picked up some tips to the point that she felt confident that she could finally win against her mother and challenged her to a race... only for her older sister to beat them both.
- When it comes to Pokémon games, Sana is essentially her boogeyman, having once trashed Ina's team (who came fresh out of the Champion League victorious) during one of their first interactions, though Sana doesn't remember having done so due to the sheer number of people she defeated.Sana: I don't know. I decided to challenge a lot of people to battle, and I realized that everyone's so weak.
Ina: Well, I'm sorry.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Played with in that it's entirely on Ina's end; a constant source of embarrassment for her that her mom ("Momma'nis", as Ina refers to her) persistently watches Ina's stream or clips from her streams in spite of Ina asking her mom not to. Momma'nis, for her part, is only ever supportive or proud of what Ina does.
- Ambiguously Related: She calls Cthulhu "Gramps" and Dagon her uncle, but doesn't know if they're actually related.
- Animal Motif: Octopuses, particularly flapjack and dumbo octopuses due to having the same flappy thingies as she does. Even setting aside the common association of these animals with Eldritch Abominations, considering her occupation as an artist, the octopus' dextrous tentacles and ability to secrete ink feel particularly appropriate (Ina even jokingly lists "tentacles" on her lists of tools used to create a given drawing).
- Autocannibalism: Tasted one of her tentacles when she was very hungry. Due to how awful it tasted she can confirm she is not an octopus.
- Barrier Maiden: Hinted at. She received a superchat sent back in time from the year 2025 that congratulated her on 5 million subscribers, but more pressingly stated that the Ancient Ones are loose and rampaging Earth. Ina responded that for that to happen, she must no longer be alive. Ina reassured everyone that she will do what she can to avert such a timeline from happening.
- Berserk Button: Do not stream snipe and give pity wins. She has lectured her chat for doing so in both Dead by Daylight and Mario Kart 8.
- Beware of the Nice Ones: Also doubles as Beware the Quiet Ones.
- Despite her general image as the most laid-back, kind and shy of the group, she will punish infractions against her with surprising vigor. To give two Minecraft examples, when Gura pushed her off a platform as a prank, she played nice for a while and pretended it was all water under the bridge while at the same time encasing the entire interior of Gura's house in ice, and when Kiara was (jokingly) accusing her slacking off on a shared building project, Ina got her to take it all back by threatening her at bow-point and saying some scary things about shooting her straight in the heart.
- The Third UMISEA episode, shows her going full Eldritch Abomination and easily dispatching all of the other UMISEA members, when they are about to stumble upon her old cringe-worthy artwork.
- Birds of a Feather: With Airani Iofifteen from the Indonesian branch. Both of them are the most skilled artists of their generations and in their two collab drawing streams, they are mostly agreeable on whatever the topic is. Because of this, fans liken the two as sisters.
- Black Comedy: Likes engaging in this occasionally, especially regarding depression. She mentioned she just loves the way people almost always react with a Double Take upon suddenly hearing such things coming out of the mouth of her of all people. Exhibit A, Exhibit B.
- Bland-Name Product: Her drink of choice is a bottle of Dr Oopsie.
- Brain Bleach: Try as she might, she cannot forget about the Naked Gura incident. She really wants to though.
- Calling Your Attacks: She shouts "Ina Ina Beam!" when using the artifact in The Shore.
- Casual Kink: Her reaction to Amelia greeting her on Twitter is "Please step on me." During a drawing stream, she said her initial reaction to Calli was "My Queen! [whispered] Please step on me." During her Call of Cthulhu stream when Pierce goes down to a Groin Attack by Cat, Ina thanks her for it.Ina (after meeting Cat): Is she wearing heels? Just asking for a friend.
- Catchphrase: "Wah!", which she regularly begins her streams with. Other common phrases include "It's Tako time!", "Inaff!" ("Enough!"), "Ina, Ina, Inaaaa!", and "Yabe!" ("Oh no!"). She also frequently uses "Well, you know what else is X?", which, depending on what was said just before, may be meant as anything from a roast to an attempt at flirting.
- The Charmer: Rare Female Example. Her love for puns and dad jokes is only rivaled by her love for pickup lines and flirtatious remarks, whether they be directed at her chat or her fellow idols. The reason she is this and not The Tease is because her remarks tend to be more wholesome and conventionally romantic compared to the likes of, say, Kiara.
- Crowbar Combatant: She's unofficially depicted with a crowbar as her Weapon of Choice due to her declaring that she'd bonk anyone who touches her hair with one, which itself is likely a nod to her playing Half-Life 2 at the time. This has crept to semi-official status with her bonk emote and her chibi model being able to wield a crowbar.
- Cute Little Fang: She has one on the left side that's a little hard to see unless she opens her mouth wide, like when she's laughing.
- Deadpan Snarker: Don't let her chill atmosphere and calm demeanor fool you.Calli: Here's what's gonna happen Ina. We're gonna stop this stream here. But it's gonna be 2 A.M. here where I am. I'm gonna start playing this game randomly with randos. And we're gonna play UNTIL I GET GOOD AT THE GAME!
Ina: Welp. See you in ten yea- I mean- Ahaha!
- Does Not Like Spam:
- Dislikes cucumbers, due to the smell and the fact she was forced to eat them when she was young.
- She also dislikes raisins, dubbing them "zombie grapes" and how she becomes especially annoyed over being fooled into thinking a raisin cookie is a chocolate chip cookie.
- Don't You Dare Pity Me!: She gets annoyed whenever stream snipers clearly throw to let her win, outright telling her fans to stop pitying her during her Mario Kart 8 stream.
- Dull Surprise: As acknowledged by Ina herself, her voice acting in the UMISEA shorts.Ina: [talking about the voice recordings she has saved] It's like, various clips of me trying to be angry at Gura, but it's just [monotone] "Gura? Gura... Gura!".
- Easily Forgiven: During the Generation 5 and HoloEN Among Us collaboration, she kills Nene and when she gets suspected and voted off, Nene asks her why she killed her. Ina tells her she couldn't let anyone else kill her, an answer Nene immediately accepts. And then they start flirting in the Ghost Chat.
- Energetic and Soft-Spoken Duo: Ina is soft-spoken to every other energetic member of HoloMyth. While she talks a fair amount in her solo streams, she is much more silent than her collab partners in duo streams by comparison and is virtually drowned out in group streams.
- Everyone Has Standards: Despite Ina's love for incredibly lame puns, even she groaned at Old Jack's "ear-ie tale" joke in regards to a character's death.Ina: Oi, don't - don't throw in the pun there.
- Expressive Ears: Whatever those flappy things on her head are, Ina is capable of wiggling them.
- Expy: Her design and background draw inspiration from Kuroboshi's designed Foreigners from Fate/Grand Order (Abigail Williams, Katsushika Hokusai, Yang Guifei) who have gained powers from Lovecraftian deities. Fittingly enough, one of her primary games is none other than Fate/Grand Order.
- Family Theme Naming: How she refers to her family members. Her parents are Papa'nis and Mama'nis while her older sister is Ane'nis note .
- Fangirl: Of her 'papa' even before she joined Hololive, and Hololive itself. She started becoming invested in Hololive upon watching Subaru's 3D debut, and eventually became a part of Hololive as well.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Wears a long stocking on her left leg and a detached sleeve with a ribbon on her left arm, with no corresponding wear on her right arm or leg.
- Forehead of Doom: Her 2nd 2D outfit parts her bangs to expose her forehead. The chat likes to play superchat games of Tic-Tac-Toe and Chess on it.
- Formally Named Pet: She dubs her Minecraft horse Mr. Pierce.
- Full-Name Basis: Downplayed by her Japanese senpais as while they don't call Ina by her full name, they are more likely to call her "Inanis-chan" as oppose to just "Ina-chan".
- The Gambling Addict: Is probably the biggest one alongside Fubuki and Suisei. She has played several famous gacha games such as Fate/Grand Order, Arknights, Granblue Fantasy, Azur Lane, and Girls' Frontline, and has been called a "leviathan" note for it.
- Girls Love Stuffed Animals: She has a large stuffed rabbit named Burrito represented in her channel assets that she keeps in her lap while drawing in order to maintain proper posture.
- Gratuitous Japanese: She almost never refer to octopuses as "octopuses", preferring to use the Japanese word for it ("tako") instead. Justified as most of her puns involve the "tako" word, and as she is also "fluent" in "tako language".
- Got Me Doing It: Her love of Incredibly Lame Puns is contagious. Polka starts making them after watching Ina's streams, and Kiara points out that Ina's chat takes after her.
- Hearing Voices: Started hearing ancient whispers after picking up her tome. "The Ancient Ones" will occasionally comment on her chat as a moderator.
- Hidden Depths: While her artistic skill is very well known at this point, what is more surprising is how good she is at actually teaching it. She had a stream where before moving on to complete a piece she had been working on for Amelia, she went into a detailed discussion regarding proper technique on how to draw gestures and poses. Calliope, an amateur artist by comparison, had started to incorporate some of Ina's tips into her own work and feels that following her advice has improved her own skills.
- Hime Cut: Her hair matches the style (perfectly level bangs, shoulder-length sidebangs, knee-length hair) in keeping with her being a priestess.
- Holy Halo: Her default outfit includes a golden halo suspended behind her head, fitting for a priestess of the Ancient Ones. It tends to show up when she's displaying her tentacles.
- Horned Humanoid: While the flaps on the top of her head aren't actual horns, they do add a horn-like silhouette to her figure.
- The Hyena: Occasionally, especially in full group collabs, Ina can be overtaken by a fit of laughter that can last over a minute. Another example was when Gura raged out at Uno.
- I Am Not Pretty: She believes her singing voice isn't good at all and warned chat to bring earplugs to her first karaoke. The stream left everyone in chat, including the other singers of Hololive present for the stream, dumbfounded that she could possibly think this.
- I Am Not Left-Handed: The HoloMyth cast picture she drew is certainly charming, though definitely beginner. Only in her debut did she confess she drew that with her left tentacle, then revealed she's actually a phenomenal artist who drew the official banner for Hololive EN, along with doing some art for the others as well.
- I Have This Friend: She often follows up questions with "Just asking for a friend" even if it isn't inappropriate.
- Implausible Deniability: She swears she's 100% human. Don't worry about the pointed ears, the weird hair things, or the huge tentacles. Perfectly normal. As revealed by one of her artists, the negative space of her halo plus her crown and antennae makes a very Cthulhu-esque face. Whether this means that this Ancient One influences her or anything else was not revealed.
- Innocent Innuendo: She wasn't aware that "pecker" was slang during her Bastion playthrough, leading to some very interesting comments.Ina: I'm doing this for Peckers!
- In-Series Nickname: During her debut stream, she quietly remarked that her friends sometimes call her "leviathan" when it comes to mobile games. The Ancient Ones also call her priestess.
- Insistent Terminology: For Ina, it is not a coffee if you add milk (or any other liquid for that matter). She insists on calling them lattes at that point.
- In the Blood: Has implied that her artistic inclinations come from her mother, who Ina describes as being very good at crafts and has tried her hand at animation before. Similarly, she apparently got her penchant for dad jokes... from her dad.
- Irony: Just like Calliope, she's one of the holoEN girls whose Eldritch Abomination persona would normally be associated with the darkest implications - Cosmic Horror, madness, the end of the world, and whatnot. You might expect her to be very chaotic or horror-focused, but, despite the occasional moment of casual creepiness or degeneracy, Ina is on the whole possibly the most wholesome, cute and calm member of the EN branch, with Token Human Amelia being arguably more eldritch than she is. It's been joked by her fanbase that Ina's streams tend to restore sanity as opposed to damaging it.
- Just for Pun: Has a propensity for bad puns and dad jokes that would make Carlos blush.
- Last-Name Basis: She usually refers to characters by their last names, like Mr. Pierce and Mr. Cage.
- Lovecraftian Superpower: Has control over a bunch of tentacles which she doesn't consider a big deal.
- Mad Scientist: Her Halloween 2021 costume, complete with spiral-y glasses.
- Marry Them All: When Nene asked who Ina'd rather date, her or Polka, Ina Took a Third Option.Ina: Well, I have two hands, so my left hand will be for Nene and my right hand will be for Polka!
- Matchmaker Crush: She's really into Calli but ships her with Kiara.
- Meaningful Name: "Inanis" means "empty/void" in Latin, a common element in Lovecraftian horror. Combined with "Ninomae" (see Alternate Character Reading above), her name means "Empty One".
- Mundane Utility: She uses a tentacle to hold her microphone while singing.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: According to the Umisea shorts, just being in close proximity to Ina will allow others to breath underwater. This is not explained.
- Nobody Touches the Hair:
- No Challenge Equals No Satisfaction: After 20 deaths against the Lost Kin in Hollow Knight, Ina follows chat's advice to equip the Defender's Crest and wins the next attempt, but she gets disappointed at how she didn't conquer the fight through her own skill.
- No-Sell: Ina is extremely difficult to faze with pranks or gags as her quick wit often allows her to respond without missing a beat. This is in any setting, whether it be in a game, some other kind of collab or even impromptu calls. For example, Gura and Bae tried to prank call her on separate occasions and both had their jokes reversed on them.
- Old Shame: In-Universe example. During the third UMISEA episode, we find out that she has a stash of old cringe-worthy artwork, that she has hidden and buried in a distant temple within deep-sea levels, where even light can't reach it. She is so protective of her past that she goes full Eldritch Abomination and summarily dispatches her fellow UMISEA members when it seems they are about to see it.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Invoked. Ina started a talk stream devoid of her usual comfy atmosphere, telling everyone something really serious just happened, only to cheerfully announce that she and her gen-mates will become senpais with the reveal of holo ID Gen 2. While some viewers genuinely feared the worst, between the Just for Pun stream title, Ina's corpsing, and the timing of the stream note , most saw the twist coming.
- Overly Long Name: Subverted. When she introduces herself in English, it's Ina'nis Ninomae, but when she does it in Japanese, it's "Jugemu Jugemu" full name but then immediately tells her Japanese viewers to address her in the same fashion as her English speaking viewers.
- The Paragon:
- One of the main reasons why she became a virtual Youtuber is to inspire others into picking up their hobbies, and when she learned that she had accomplished it, she was overwhelmed with emotions to the point of tears.
- Being an artist herself, she inspired other artists into drawing, on top of being drawn and followed by prolific artists on Twitter.
- Parasol of Prettiness: Carries one in her end card.
- Parent-Preferred Suitor: Aoi Nabi, the character designer of Amelia Watson, prefers the Ina/Ame ship over Ame/Gura.
- Pointy Ears: Has them despite listing herself as human.
- Pokémon Speak: The first Umisea short has an angered Ina shouting "INA INAAAA!" after a sleeping Gura bit her tentacle and the two started fighting.
- Portmanteau: Her fanbase name is Tentacult ("tentacle" + "cult").
- Profanity Police: She gives a quick "language!" when she hears swearing in a game and usually avoids cursing herself.
- Pungeon Master: Noted by other members for this, such as naming a free talk stream "Let's Tako-bout stuff" and her tendency to make puns during her streams and on her Twitter posts. If someone on the official hololive Subreddit makes cheesy puns, other commenters will jokingly label them "one of Ina's alt accounts".Ina: I'm seiso note , if you say so.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair extends a little past knee-length.
- Reference Overdosed: She is incredibly knowledgeable of the Western anime community's sense of humor and a lot of her own jokes are referential to those found on English message boards.Ina: When I first met Gura, I was surprised at how small she was... I thought to myself, "What's with this sassy lost child?"
- Rewatch Bonus: The music video for her first original song, "VIOLET", is chock-full of numbers and sentences that only make sense upon further analysis.
- At five different points in the MV, there's a flash panel that supposedly depicts a monologue, only it's a number accompanied by a biblical verse at the bottom of the screen.403. * [...] Hatred stirs dissension, but love covers over all wrongs. *
520 * [...] But he knows the way that I take: when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. *
913. * [...] Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. *
1016. * [...] And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. *
1129. * [...] For we brought nothing into this world, and we can take nothing out of it. *
- Ina's recitation of "fecel, lemienne, phei, seire, lilutia, ei finceq" sounds like Conlang until one takes the number of letters in each word and adds them up to become 584578; the hex colour code for violet.
- At five different points in the MV, there's a flash panel that supposedly depicts a monologue, only it's a number accompanied by a biblical verse at the bottom of the screen.
- Sand In My Eyes: Her usual phrase for tears is that "the ceiling is leaking".
- Sanity Slippage: While playing Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, Ina's attempts to fish for an elusive Feebas results in her swaying back and forth while giving in to the BGM and ad-libbing lyrics about searching for the "Cheesy fish."
- From her co-op playthrough of Portal 2 with Gura:Gura: [Backpedals and slams into Ina] Oh, I'm sorry! I thought that was the wall!
Ina: I mean... I think people will say you did bump into a wall.
- While playing BPM: Bullets Per Minute, Ina comes across a room with a nautilus monster, which didn't leave behind a treasure chest after clearing the room as all enemy-filled rooms do.Ina: No chest? I guess Takos are known for no chests.
- From her co-op playthrough of Portal 2 with Gura:
- Separated by a Common Language: Shortly after Halloween 2021, she mentioned having a bunch of packs of Smarties left over, only to be confused when part of her chat was instead talking about how acidic Smarties are.
- Shipper on Deck: She admits she ships Calliope and Kiara.
- Ship Tease: Due to Ame/Gura and Calli/Kiara being the prominent ships within the English branch, fans consider Ina's real ship to be Gen 5 of the JP branch (Yes, the whole branch sans Botan).
- The initial ship began with Nene with Ina joking giving off Yandere vibes by killing the former during their first Among Us game, claming that she "couldn't let anyone else kill you [Nene] first." Afterward, the two would declare each other as their wives and exchange artwork of each other. Ina uses the art Nene made for her as her Twitter banner.
- Ina's first tour on the JP Minecraft server was accompanied by Nene and Polka where the two would occasionally argue and even fight with one another for Ina's affection. Ina would compromise and say she has two hands for holding both of them.
- Instead of joining her own genmates, Ina decided to go on a date with Lamy during the Usaken Summer Festival. Not only did they flirt with one another but whenever Nene and Polka (who were in a separate call together) came across Ina, they would start squeeling.
- Shout-Out: Her Hades streams are named after the Initial D songs "Deja Vu", "Running in the 90s", and "No One Sleep In Tokyo".
- The Smart Guy: Conversed after a death against Grimm in Hollow Knight.Ina: Hey, just because you know what the moves are doesn't mean you're gonna be good at dodging it. Why do you think that in animes, there's the character who analyzes the enemy and they have to find the weakness while the main character pulls off time, it's cause the people who know all the moves, they sometimes don't have the means to do the deed themselves, so y'know. [Laughs].
- So Proud of You: She has admitted she wasn't sure how well her puns would be received, but got incredibly excited when she saw her fans embracing her style of humor with puns of their own, as well as spreading them outside of her chat in places like the official subreddit.Ina: I raised this chat.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: She has a conversation with an octopus during her Animal Crossing: New Horizons stream.
- Ina's playthrough of New Pokémon Snap is filled with giddy excitement and adorable wonderous gasps at seeing all the cute pokemon.
- After seeing the axolotls that various idols have collected on the JP Minecraft server, Ina was determined to find some for herself. When she finally caught some, she let out the most adorable happy tako noises.
- Stunned Silence:
- She breaks into a horrified silence after accidentally selling a boon powerup she had been praising in Hades and even puts up her loading screen for a bit.
- She's shocked into silence in Hollow Knight after witnessing the conclusion of the Grub sidequest where the Grubfather has either eaten or became a cocoon for his children.
- Take Over the World: One of her (crossed-out) goals is world domination. She would later clarify it's still the Tentacult's intended end-game, but they believe in taking it slow, both so that it's harder to notice and because they're just kind of comfy like that.
- Team Mom:
- Has increasingly become this in Minecraft, particularly after acquiring flight. If you are in trouble somewhere on the server or looking for certain resources, expect Ina to drop by and provide support, if she notices. One memorable example had Calliope and Kiara lost in the wilderness at night and under attack by monsters, only for Ina to swoop by, save them, hand them beds for sleeping, and then disappear again, all without saying a word. Kiara compared it to a mom bringing you the stuff you forgot. Ina has also been seen watching over the members of Council in the same way, settling disputes between kouhais, and once dropped everything she was doing in order to comfort IRyS over the loss of her ingame pet fish.
- As confirmed by Fauna after their early 2022 impromptu off-collab, Ina is apparently like this in real life as well.
- Tentacle Hair: She gained the power of huge Cthulhu-esque tentacles that extend out of her hair. She hides them during streams.
- Third Wheel: Exaggerated. She is viewed by the fanbase as this to Calli/Kiara and Amelia/Gura as those two pairs are the most common collabs to see in the English branch. Unlike most examples of this trope, however, there is no awkwardness involved and it's justified because of timezone differences note , Ina's game preferences, and most co-op games only being geared for two players.
- Token Wholesome: Played with. In a similar way to Miyiabi on the Holostars, Ina tends to be regarded as this for the EN branch by both viewers and the other EN members (although this got downplayed over time due to them being aware of her occasional degenerancy), despite the fact that Ina herself doesn't really try to enforce the trope.
- Tome of Eldritch Lore: Picked one up which granted her control over tentacles and has her Hearing Voices.
- Touched by Vorlons: Seemingly an ordinary human until she found her book.
- Toxic Friend Influence: The Ancient Ones usually encourage bad behavior, though Ina doesn't typically follow their advice.The Ancient Ones: KILL
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cup noodles and Dr. Oopsie soda. And for the takodachis, it's cookies.
- Tranquil Fury: When losing progress or valuable items in games, usually reacts in silence, staying quiet and calm while looking angry or astonished, and sometimes with visible heavy breath (see Stunned Silence above).
- Trash of the Titans: She's admitted to living in a pretty messy room, and on one occasion has streamed herself doing nothing but picking up garbage for more than an hour. Her bedroom is not as cluttered as say, Kanata's or Noel's, since there's still enough space for her to move around and even lie down on the floor, but the "pile of Amazon boxes to the left" does take up a lot of it. If the scattered dishes around her desk are any indication, it would seem that Ina has a habit of eating while working and then just leaving the plates right there as she finishes them. Additionally, based on the noise alone, she seems to have had a small mound of soft drink cans piled up in a corner as well. Such was the dramatic level of tidying that Ina managed to accomplish that Mama'nis told her she should do more streams like that often.Ina: [Cans rattling] Can you hear all the cans? Please don't count them, it's quite embarassing. [rattling intensifies]
- Vague Age: Her listed age is blotted out by ink. When she says it out loud during a Q&A session, it gets covered up with a Sound-Effect Bleep. Twice. An image posted by her shows what seems to be a pre-transformation Ina in a seemingly black-and-white photo, giving a possible stopgap to how old she might be.
- Verbal Tic: "Humu humu". According to her, she developed it as a way to verbalize "nodding your head in agreement" since she is normally quiet but nods in face-to-face conversations. However, in voice-only conversations, no one would see her nodding, leading to them questioning if Ina is paying attention or not.
- Visual Pun: Her Minecraft "guerilla" streams note always go with an image of a gorilla in thumbnails.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Sana. They share in their first official collab that they've known each other for quite some time, with the words "like old times" specifically being said. Their coffee debate, apparently the latest in a long line of them, got Ina to be the most spirited and animated she's ever been before. Considering how soft-spoken she normally is, especially with others, it was a definite surprise.
- Was Once a Man: When asked if her parents (specifically her father) were eldritch beings such as her, she affirmed that they are 100% normal humans, and that she is the way that she is because of The Ancient Ones' influence on her physical body.
- Weapon of Choice: The crowbar became her preferred weapon after getting hooked on Half-Life 2.
- Winged Humanoid: She has a small pair of angel wings curled around her waist.
- Yandere: Despite lots of flirting with Nene during the Among Us collab, Nene is Ina's first victim because she didn't want the other traitor to kill her first. Nene's surprisingly okay with this.
Watson Amelia [JP: ワトソン・アメリア; CN: 華生·阿米莉亞]
Birthday: January 6th
Height: 150 cm
Fanbase name: Teamates
Illustrator: Nabi (main); Walfie (Smol); SeafoamBoi (Smol 3D VR); Hask (Ame Bee 3D, alt. Smol 3D); Priichu ("School Girl" 3D VR)
Social Media: Twitter
Alias: Ame, Big Ame (by Smol Ame)
Affiliation: Watson Industries
Occupation (bar idol): Detective, CEO of Watson Industries (in Minecraft)
Languages spoken: English, Spanish (conversational)
I decided to write you this song
Ever since we met, it's been such a regret
That we haven't spend as much time together
And that's why last night, I ground pounded your mother
Seemingly the most normal-looking of the group, but is actually a time traveling detective, Ame has a reputation of being a salty gamer due to her stubbornness and frustration with games at times, sometimes even trash talking her opponents. Still, she is sweet as she is salty, always hyping up and helping out her genmates whenever she can. She likes to play FPS games and puzzle games, as well as platformers, and does a chatting stream each week.
Associated characters: Bubba (pet), Alternate Amelia Watsons (Smol Ame, Bee Ame, Amelia Buffson), JEnMa-chan note (manager), Watoto (Hunter: The Vigil character), Armando Watson (Distaff Counterpart.)
- Abnormal Limb Rotation Range: Doubles as a Major Injury Underreaction. During Hololive EN's second full-team livestream, a.k.a the origin of the infamous "Bottom Left" meme, Amelia's character model got glitched several times throughout the whole thing, causing her left arm from the elbow down to swivel in a weird direction. While the others and the chat were quick to notice, Amelia herself was rather blasé about it.Amelia: [indifferently] My arm broke...
- Actually Pretty Funny: She finds the oversized Gag Boobs Gura put on her monument in Minecraft hilarious and decided to keep them, despite previously disliking how the statue looked with a similarly-huge bust that she built herself. Additionally, when the Shiranui Kensetsu group paid a visit to the EN side of the server, they decided to vandalize it by putting wooden buttons on the boobs to serve as nipples and placing a sign at the crotch of the statue to claim their handiwork, which Ame also approved of.
- Aerith and Bob: Compared to her other HoloMyth costars, she has the most natural name for non-Asian audiences.
- Affectionate Nickname: "Ame", used by Gura, Ina, and Kiara. According to Gura, she uses it when Amelia is being cute, while "Watson" is used when she is being a Watson.
- Alternate Self: As a time traveler, there are multiple different Ames from different timelines. Usually, these Ames are nearly identical in terms of personality, just being suited to whatever she's streaming. For instance, during a playthrough of Bus Simulator, she uses her Walfie model and introduces herself as another Ame, but is otherwise just the same ol' Ame. The one time this didn't happen was during a VR stream, where smol Ame (using her 3D VR model) and, as she put it, big Ame (her regular model), both appeared at the same time and as seemingly two distinct Ames, with this Smol Ame being a little more mean and somewhat bratty. It should be noted that the "usual" Ame is technically not Ame "Prime", assuming there is one, as ours hailed from Dimension #1337.
- Ambiguously Bi: While her exact sexuality is not confirmed, she did refer to her HoloMyth costars as her "four girlfriends", and she is a serial flirt towards them. At the same time, when asked if she prefers yuri or yaoi, she replied that she likes both, and later revealed she's read slash fiction starring the Sniper and the Spy from Team Fortress 2. When looking up herself on Akinator, her response to the question "Is your character homosexual?" was "I don't know", although that could have just been her going along with how she assumed others would answer (since Akinator is basically a "20 questions" game that makes guesses based on how people have answered in the past).
- Animal Lover: Has two dogs (Bubba and Miki) and two cats (Wellington and Henry), and also has extensive knowledge of how to care for fish. She also volunteered at an animal shelter one time, which is how she met her cat Wellington, who was normally pretty anti social but took a liking to Ame. On June 5th, 2021, she hosted a charity stream to support the Best Friends Animal Society, which raised tens of thousands of dollars before she even began streaming, totaled out to over $235k by the end of the stream, and she donated personally to local animal shelters.
- Animal Motifs: Eventually got one in the form of a bee, due to getting a bee-themed 3D model. Aside from that, she's usually either associated with dogs because of her dog Bubba, who serves as her mascot, or alligators, because her membership (investigators), as well as the Later Alligator stream.
- Animals Hate Him: Ironically enough for a dog owner and lover, she has a history of being bitten by dogs, with one of them seemingly attempting to kill and eat her.
- Anti-Love Song: Gura Doesn't Know I Exist, a cover of Kristina She Don't Know I Exist by Catch 22.
- The Archer: Her character in Oblivion is Bowson, who specializes in archery, although she also uses melee and spells too.
- Art Shift:
- During her playthrough of Return Of The Obra Dinn, she edited her model to match the monochromatic art style of the game.
- During her playthrough of Half-Life: Alyx, she uses a 3D Walfie-styled Ame acquired from a fan, making her the first member of holoEN to stream in 3D.
- During her playthrough of Little Nightmares II, she edits her model to make herself look more ethereal, like a ghost.
- Badass Boast: As she gets some bad luck during a Mario Kart race with her fellow Hololive friends, she especially curses Ina with a vow to get revenge upon her, and it REALLY hits right on target, with Ina gasping in surprise for additional karmic satisfaction for Amelia.Amelia: Ina... prepare to get F*CKED!
- Big Breast Pride: While she's not crazy about fanart exaggerating things, she's pretty proud about what she does pack. She once boasted "[Gura] needs floaties. Now, me? I don't need any floaties. I got two big ones." before chuckling smugly. She's also outraged when told there was a rumor she was padding her bra, briefly removing her coat just to disprove it.
- Bilingual Bonus: During her Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes collab with Kiara, to challenge themselves, they both decide to speak different languages during some rounds. In Ame's case, she speaks a bit of Spanish.
- Black Comedy Rape: Amelia's impression of "[the chat's] mothers last night": "'No, Amelia, don't ground pound me, please!' Oh, and then she was, like, 'Yes, ground pound me more!' That's what she said."
- Born Lucky: According to her, she's invested all her "stat points" in luck. Zigzagged by both suffering from various misfortunes and surviving them.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: During a stream of Oblivion, she has some... interesting words to say about her dinner that night.Amelia: I got gluten-free pasta, but they gave me a free cookie! Which is nice, but I can't eat it... but I ate it. And now it feels like tiny crabs live inside my skin— [interrupted by an NPC] hello!
- Breakout Character: To commemorate her hitting 1.5 million subscribers, Ame was included in a collab with, Paladins, where the video game featured her as a special voice pack.
- Brits Love Tea: Although she would prefer iced tea over drinking it hot, which is very American despite her British design influences. Ultimately subverted, however, as her drink of choice is actually water.
- Canine Companion: She has 2 hunting terriers named Bubba and Miki.
- Canines Primary, Felines Secondary: Bubba is usually the loudest of her pets and is associated with Ame's channel imagery. Miki is also loud at times, but she also has two cats in Wellington and Henry.
- Canon Immigrant: Smol Ame started off as a meme that Ame would use from time to time, but for the 2021 April Fools collab, Walfie made proper live 2D models for the EN girls using this artstyle, enabling Amelia to become Smol Ame for real. Goes one step further after Smol Ame gained her own 3D model, whereupon she was made into a standalone character complete with lore who appears alongside normal Ame from time to time.
- Casual Kink: Her response to the idea of a 3D collab with the rest of holoMyth is for the 3D stream to consist of her gen-mates beating her up, complete with less than convincing attempts to play it off as a joke. When asked about it again later, Amelia said that she could imagine Calliope "beating the shit" out of her, before adding "In the best way possible". At the first anniversary, she finally got her wish, well, kind of. She hosts a 3D VR stream to celebrate and indeed, Calli proceeds to beat her up along with Kiara.
- She likes to introduce herself by saying "I'm Hololive EN's #1 detective, Amelia Waaaatson!" (''with the "Waaaa-" accompanied by a wink).
- "It's the piiiing!", often said whenever she's not performing too well in FPS games, although sometimes it actually is because of lag.
- "My tummy hurts!", usually said when, well, her tummy hurts, usually due to hunger.
- "It's just like Minecraft!", said whenever anything has even the most remote resemblance to something from Minecraft.
- Character Tics: She's affected with chronic hiccups, which her fans find really cute.
- The Chew Toy: A lot of jokes come at the expense of her terrible luck. Aside from her disaster-ridden past, even technology seems to turn on her.
- When trying to communicate with ghosts using an online Ouija board, they refuse to answer many of her questions. One of the few answers happens when she asks if she's a pervert, and they say "yes."
- One of her streams' Youtube links said "FURRY".
- Cloud Cuckoolander: She has a penchant for throwing out worrying and/or bizarre comments and anecdotes during quiet moments and Superchat readings, and her attitudes are generally chaotic. She seems especially fond of hitting Gura with weird shit in the chat when she's streaming.
- Combat Commentator: Whenever she gets eliminated in an FPS match she will take on this role, speaking like a typical e-sports commentator.
- Competition Freak: Amelia's various multiplayer FPS streams show off her competitive side; e.g., when playing Apex Legends she spends time complaining or mocking her teammates' less than stellar playing and even states by the end, she pretty much did all the work. This sometimes extends outside of FPS games, like getting annoyed and making excuses when losing to Ina in various virtual board games.
- The Constant: Aside from the Smol Universe, Olivia (a still-living counterpart to Ollie from an alternate universe hololive) has noted that the Amelia in her universe is the exact same as the primary Amelia. This could hint that due to her messing with the space-time continuum, Amelia exists in all possible realities of hololive at once.
- Cool Big Sis:
- To Gura. Amelia is her most frequent collab partner and Gura relies on her a lot during Minecraft streams.
- To Haachama, who Ame very much viewed as a little sister in their many collabs. After Haachama went on hiatus in 2021, Ame missed having her around.
- During Ame's first collab with Mumei where they play Valorant, she acts as this to her as well, even offering to play more FPS games with her should the opportunity come up.
- The Corruptor: An unintentional one.
- Kiara makes a joke that she smashed Calliope during their first Minecraft collab. Kiara quickly admits she learned it from Amelia to Calliope's nonsurprise.
- In one of Calliope's solo streams she offhandedly mentions ground-pounding as a mechanic in the game and, knowing that many of her viewers are shared across all of HoloEN, immediately calls her own audience out on making Amelia-related "ground-pound" jokes.
- Covert Pervert: She tries to hide her perversion at times in her streams (presumably marked "for kids"), but the sheer effort in doing so just makes it clear to those watching.
- Crippling Overspecialization: In terms of first-person shooters, her constant playing of hero shooters has left her rather unable to adjust to a sizable number of other types. Cue her having some trouble with Halo, Titanfall 2, and DOOM (2016). She eventually learns though.
- Cursed with Awesome: According to one of her childhood stories, her grandma used to fool around a lot with other people's husbands when she was young, which resulted in somebody cursing her entire lineage with very fickle luck. The tradeoff to this is that whenever she or her relatives get lucky, they get really lucky.
- Cute, but Cacophonic: Amelia's usual voice is pretty normal. However, she has the ability to make noises that can be described as "inhuman," such as when she explains how her Time Machine works. Severe frustration in a game can also bring it out, as she moves from grumbles to the occasional screech and finally assorted gremlin noises. There are even compilations of these gremlin moments showing how common it is.
- Cute Monster Girl:
- D-Cup Distress:
- A minor case, mostly in regards to fanart of herself. She mentioned that she prefers to be rendered with a more modest bust size as that is the type of figure that she herself prefers.
- During one Supa Sunday stream, she's mentioned that she's got bad posture because of her big bust, although she stops short of actually saying it.
- Demonic Possession: Her Halloween variant, Ghost Ame, is actually a spirit that possessed the body of normal Ame. Said spirit also identifies as Ame, so it might very well just be an alternate version of herself pulling a Grand Theft Me.
- Determinator: Once she's set her heart on a task, failure and frustration will often just encourage her further until she eventually succeeds through simply refusing to give up; also known as the "Ame Way". It was most apparent when building the PPP in Minecraft, trying to land on the Sun Station in Outer Wilds, where hours of failure failed to deter her, or finishing Celeste, an incredibly difficult platformer. Audience members will usually show their support in the chat by posting the hashtag #Amebeliever. There's even an ode to Ame's determination!
- Amelia: [attempting to reach the Black Hole Forge in Outer Wilds] I'm gonna get it! I'm gonna do it my way! I DON'T CARE IF GRAVITY SAYS YOU CAN'T, I'M GONNA!
- Depending on the Artist:
- In fanart, Ame's height usually varies between Gura coming up to her breasts to Gura coming up to her chin. In reality, Ame is only 9 cm (3.5 inches) taller than Gura, which brings Gura up to her eyes. Canonically, Ame is 2 cm shorter than Ayame Nakiri, the hololive member known for her short stature, and in fact, as of the debut of hololive Indonesia Gen 2, she shares the spot as eighth shortest member of hololive with Marine and Iofi. note Lampshaded by Gura, who has described Ame as "surprisingly short".
- She has also acknowledged how fan art of her tends to show her as being significantly bustier than she actually is.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: She sometimes just says things without thinking, much to the amusement of her audience. Case in point, there's been at least two times where she just casually mentions how her breasts feel.
- Die, Chair, Die!: She spends her Superliminal playthrough gleefully setting off every fire extinguisher and alarm she comes across.
- Dissonant Serenity: She once described a friend of hers losing a finger to a shopping cart while playing with her and other kids in a supermarket with an overly cheerful tone, and during her 2020 Thanksgiving stream she followed up a story about how her brother set her family's house on fire and she almost died because she was hiding in the closet with a cheerful "Let me go check on the yams again!".
- Distracted by the Sexy: Invoked Trope. She puts up Ina's art of her in a swimsuit to distract stream snipers who look at her minimap.
- The Dividual: With Smol Ame. Despite common belief, the regular Ame is not the same one as Smol Ame, the latter being an Alternate Universe counterpart who pops up every now and then to "hijack" the channel for her own shenanigans. This became acknowledged and made canon when both versions of Ame appeared on-screen at the same time in "Smol Ame visits the Office". According to the same episode, Smol Ame was also not the first or only alternate Amelia to have appeared on the channel either. Other Amelias have taken over streaming duties in the past but they are virtually identical in personality and appearance.
- Does Not Like Spam: Quite a few.
- Spicy food. She was devastated when her favorite noodle joint changed the recipe and made their noodles too spicy for her.
- She's allergic to regular bread, so she's forced into a gluten-free diet.
- She also dislikes soda and other carbonated drinks due to how they hurt her throat.
- Onions are also on this list, especially raw ones, thus giving rise to jokes about her hating Aqua.
- Don't Call Me "Sir": She assures Anya that she need not be concerned with formalities of addressing her as "Senpai" and says it's fine to just call her "Ame", despite Anya's reluctance due to how disrespectful this is.
- Don't Like? Don't Read!:
- During one of her Super Mario Sunshine streams, she mentioned that people who don't have fun watching her are free to click the little X in the top right corner of the screen.
- Part of her response to someone using a grand total of 50 euros to send her a multi-part superchat criticizing Hololive for making an appearance at Anime Expo.
- Drives Like Crazy:
- If there's one thing her L.A. Noire playthough proves, it's that she should never be allowed behind the wheel of a vehicle, lest she take out every pole she sees on principle, T-bone at least one other car and park her car perpendicular to the entire street (to be fair, L.A. Noire is notorious for having bad driving controls, although that excuse only goes so far).Amelia: (singing to the melody of "She's a Maniac") A maniac, a maniac/On the road/She's driving like she's never drived before
- She ran into more chaos during her playthrough of Bus Simulator '18, fittingly enough denoted with a version of her avatar who's wildly turning her steering wheel every second. The stream ended once she ended up cramming her bus down the wrong end of a one-way street, causing a massive traffic jam, then continuing to drive down the wrong direction.Amelia: Yeah, I think I only hit like five people.
- If there's one thing her L.A. Noire playthough proves, it's that she should never be allowed behind the wheel of a vehicle, lest she take out every pole she sees on principle, T-bone at least one other car and park her car perpendicular to the entire street (to be fair, L.A. Noire is notorious for having bad driving controls, although that excuse only goes so far).
- Ear Worm: Ever since one of her A Hat in Time streams with Ina, she's had Chug Jug With You stuck in her head and breaks out into song at almost any moment after she says the words "we gotta".
- El Spanish "-o": Amelia's attempt at speaking Spanish when playing Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with Kiara.
- Everyone Has Standards:
- During a Minecraft collab, Kiara said that her mother was watching the stream and asked if Amelia wanted to say anything to her, unintentionally giving the perfect set-up for one of her usual Your Mom jokes note . However, precisely because this was a friend's mother Amelia decided against it, simply complimenting Kiara and saying that "Mrs. Takanashi" should be very proud of her daughter.
- When working in collabs, she generally will tone down her "toxic gamer" attitude; while it's not as pronounced in working with other EN girls (she will be a bit whiny but not outwardly vitriolic towards them) it is definitely showcased when working with anyone from the Japanese branch. She has stated she views that attitude to be a bit pathetic which is why she refrains from doing it with them, but acts unrestrained in solo streams because her audience is "just as pathetic" as she is.
- She was also clearly very uncomfortable with the casual 1940s racism, sexism, antisemitism, and homophobia in L.A. Noire, to the point that she sounded uncharacteristically sad and worried and had to be convinced by the chat to continue playing.
- When collabing with Ollie, the usually flirtatious Amelia is left taken aback by the even more flirtier Ollie's constant advances.
- While playing through Super Mario Sunshine, there was one scene where Shadow Mario stuck out his long tongue at Mario. Ame found it kinda freaky, and wondered if he was gonna do something kinky to Peach with it. When it was revealed that Shadow Mario was actually Bowser Jr., who sees Peach as his mama, Ame took back her statement.
- Fantastic Drug: "Watson's Concoction" is an incredibly powerful hallucinogen that she tested out on her audience via injection during her first stream. She refuses to reveal its contents, but fan theories suggest it is related to Hololive Japan's equivalent, Asacoco. During her collab with Coco in the lead up to the latter's graduation, Coco handed the secret Asacoco recipe over to her. She also makes a suspicious statement about snorting powdered bacon.
- Flat World: She seems to believe in this, as when Gura said how Atlantis is buried deep under the sea where the pressure is tremendous, Ame hopes that one day the flat Earth will tip over and drain all the water out so she can visit it.
- To Marine Houshou. Both are the Team Normal among a generation of supernatural, non-human humanoids, or fantasy themed humans, both display Ambiguously Bi behavior, both have Big Breast Pride, both are primarily paired with a smaller, more flat-chested girl with occasional A-Cup Angst (Gura and Rushia respectively, more prominent in the latter case), and both are well known for lewd behavior.
- The contrast is both have opposite language barriers, where Marine has trouble speaking and understanding English and actually had no idea what kind of girl Amelia was, while Amelia is the least versed in Japanese out of the EN girls.
- Also, while Marine is usually agreed to be an actual shameless and self-proclaimed pervert, with Amelia it appears as though she merely has a penchant for making lewd jokes (as part of her "toxic gamer" persona) and has yet to engage in much proper perverted behavior, being outdone by Kiara, the actual pervert of HoloEN.
- Both are themed with exotic professions, with Marine being a Pirate Girl and Amelia being a detective. However Marine for the most only seems to dress like a pirate, but in reality, doesn't have a ship and is just a cosplayer. Amelia on the other hand seems like a normal detective, but is later revealed to be a time traveler.
- To Coco Kiryu. Both are known to be incredibly supportive and the most creative member of their generation when it comes to stream ideas. They are primarily shipped with a shorter, white-and-blue-haired, flat-chested girl (Kanata and Gura respectively). Both of them are also good at singing, but are outclassed by the rest of their generation's vocal talent.
- While Coco is the oldest member of her generation at 3500 years old, Amelia, being the Team Normal, is far younger than her genmates.
- While Coco is the only one in her generation with a non-humanoid form, Amelia is the Token Human of her generation, as the others are themed after the divine or a creature of some sort.
- Both are known to be eccentric at times and degenerate. However, while Coco is no-filter regardless of who she collabs with (especially when she invites them to Reddit Meme Review), Amelia tends to suppress these aspects of her character around her senpais and kouhais, and even around her genmates to a lesser-extent, with Gura being the one she's the most unfiltered with.
- Both of them are also known for their signature products Asacoco and Watson Concoction. However, while Asacoco comes in many spinoff products made for commercial distribution and recreational use, Watson Concoction is only administered via injection and is exclusively for professional use.
- To Marine Houshou. Both are the Team Normal among a generation of supernatural, non-human humanoids, or fantasy themed humans, both display Ambiguously Bi behavior, both have Big Breast Pride, both are primarily paired with a smaller, more flat-chested girl with occasional A-Cup Angst (Gura and Rushia respectively, more prominent in the latter case), and both are well known for lewd behavior.
- Foreshadowing: Amelia is the only normal human of her generation but was the only one to not have her age listed in her debut stream. That's because she can Time Travel and she doesn't age normally. She also mentions in her debut that the drug she injects the audience with is what she used to offer "Mr. Holmes", revealing that she was around during the time period of the Sherlock Holmes books.
- Gag Boobs: On the EN Minecraft server, there exists a giant Amelia statue who stands over the minecart tracks. She is modestly proportioned, except for her massive boing-boings that extend outward by 10 blocks. Gura did that, and it now stands as one of the many monuments on the railroad leading into the main build area for all to gawk at.
- Gainaxing: Happens quite often due to her aforementioned Gag Boobs, but her formal dress costume hikes it Up to Eleven, possibly due to the associated Live2D model being rigged by a different animator.
- Gamer Chick: Shortly after her debut, Amelia rattled off streams of Valorant and Apex Legends on very little sleep, showcasing her skill at FPS games.
- Get-Rich-Quick Scheme: She has a penchant for these since she wants money to keep her agency open.
- Girls with Moustaches: Her Live2D model features an optional mustache. The mustache even appears on her magnifying glass!
- Gratuitous Spanish: Amelia occassionally sings Spanish songs or the Spanish lyrics to English songs in her karaoke streams. She also has rare "Spanish-only" challenges showing that she knows barely enough to stream in Spanish (with a little bit of Gratuitous Japanese and El Spanish "-o" mixed in) for two hours.
- Ground Pound: Her Signature Move, of the Ass Kicks You variant, and she usually happens to play games that have it as a mechanic in some manner, like the Mario games. In her playthrough of Elden Ring, she even calls it her finishing move, and always tries to defeat enemies and bosses using it.
- The Gunslinger: Her casual outfit comes with a hand gun holstered in an armpit strap hidden under her (removable) jacket. She has clarified that it's only a paint ball gun, though.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She's blonde, and while she may be seen as a salty gamer gremlin, she just plays that up for comedy, and she truly is a sweet girl at heart.
- Have We Met Yet?: Amelia explains that she once met a past version of Gura before she joined hololive via time travel.
- Hell Is That Noise: Played for laughs. Amelia is capable of emitting a Brown Note-level screeching from right out of the blue that both confuses and amuses her fanbase. It's one of several aspects about herself that inspired the "Gremlin Ame" meme.
- Hereditary Curse: According to her, Grandma Watson liked messing around with other women's husbands so much that one of the wives placed a curse on the entire Watson family, explaining the bizarre stories and misfortune Amelia experienced growing up.
- Hidden Buxom: Her coat makes her chest look a considerable deal smaller than it actually is, and her princess outfit shows off her bust quite nicely. That said, she also isn't fond of fan artists exaggerating their size.Ina: I thought she was one of us - like Gura and me. But Ame, she... she hid her boing-boings!
- Hidden Depths:
- Amelia is implied to be a lot more calm and responsible than her usual chaotic behavior would suggest. According to Ina, her first impression on Watson is that "she's someone that she can trust" and later talked about the "calm energy" she radiates.
- She has extensive knowledge on how to care for fish, maintain both her terrarium and aquarium, and also hosted a few nature streams, like an insect and bug stream, wherein she goes into detail and explains what these creatures and critters are all about.
- Hilariously Abusive Childhood: Except her parents and other guardians were fine, and it was instead other kids, her own unwise decisions and her terrible luck doing all the abusing, and she got into a variety of accidents and frightening events as a result that she makes light of nowadays. Whenever Amelia utters the words "when I was a kid" to begin a story, it's time to brace for impact.
- Helium Speech: She did a short segment on her 2022 Valentine's Day stream, where she had a helium-filled balloon prepared to read out chat requests in this voice.
- I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham: Amelia initially said that she didn't expect to spend much time on holoEN's Minecraft server because wide-open, free-form games aren't really her thing, but after playing with an audience and setting concrete goals for each stream she found herself having a lot of fun and ended up being quite active, including studying up on Redstone and building the server's railway system practically single-handedly.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: Whenever she needs to step away from the stream for any reason such as getting water, snacks, going to the bathroom, etc., she'll usually say she needs to attend an "idol meeting".
- Interdimensional Travel Device: Her pocket watch also does this in addition to its time-travelling function.
- Jack-of-All-Trades: It could be argued that rather than being an accomplished gamer, singer, or artist, as most other Cover talents, Amelia's true skill instead lies in streaming in and of itself, as she has some of the most varied and creative solo content compared to not only her gen-mates, but other talents as well. Along with the usual Q/A, superchat reading, watch-alongs, and karaoke streams, she also has ASMR, cooking, roleplay, drawing, language practice, accent learning, listen-alongs, read-alongs, ukelele streams, nature reviews, news-reporting and even giving her fans homework for the week to review on stream.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Played for laughs. Amelia will often perform a Sherlock Scan or offer an insightful Sherlockian comment on scientific matters while playing a game, but the information she offers is very rarely accurate or remotely relevant.
- Language Barrier: Amelia is one of the two hololive members in Myth who isn't fluent enough in Japanese to hold a conversation (the other being Gura), so she naturally runs into this trope. Amazingly, she ends up downplaying and defying it. In February 2021, she had the second most senpai collabs with the JP branch note in her generation following Kiara, despite being the worst at Japanese.
- Last-Name Basis: Zig-zagged; while the other girls fairly consistently called by their first names, Amelia is variously called by either name depending on the situation, with Gura, Ina, and Kiara usually primarily referring to her as either "Amelia" or "Ame", and Calli usually primarily referring to her as "Watson". Gura has explained that she uses "Ame" when Amelia is being cute, and "Watson" when she's being a Watson.
- The Leader: Discussed by the other girls during the one year anniversary stream as the other girls say they look up to her as a sort of leader for big collab streams. Ame herself dismisses the notion, saying that they are all leaders in their own way, depending on the context.
- Like Mother, Like Daughter: With her illustrator, Aoi Nabi. Like Ame, Nabi is also a sweet-hearted girl. However, also like Ame, Nabi also has her moments of being "yabai", like having a stream where she teaches Korean swear words. Both Ame and Nabi have also indulged in acting like a Yandere during a new outfit reveal stream and a short video respectively.
- Loophole Abuse: Ame figured that the collab ban that applies to all new Hololive talents only meant not appearing live on stream together, and thus didn't cover showing pre-recorded skits. So she made one including Sana, and got away with showing it off during her Sunday morning show.
- Lovely Angels: She and Gura are the closest out of all the girls and collab with each other even moreso than Kiara and Calli, with the two of them very efficient in kicking ass together in co-op.
- Made of Iron: After her various stories of serious injuries as a child-like splitting her head open, being left in a hot car, chopping off part of her finger, and biting off her tongue, many of her viewers were surprised she survived to adulthood.
- Mobile Fishbowl: Her kimono outfit features a little fish inside a plastic bag full of water that lays on top of her head. According to Ame, the fish is a cyborg/robot fish, so there's no need to worry for its safety, especially since it also has laser eyes to protect itself.
- Morality Pet: Her senpais and kouhais really bring out the best in her whilst suppressing her Competition Freak and Sore Loser tendencies, with Amelia even taking the blame for some losses in APEX with Roboco. Fans liken it to the difference between Haachama and Akai Haato. According to Amelia herself, she doesn't really like to rage in front of other people since she feels like it makes her look pathetic.
- Moustaches and clocks.
- Lemons are also a minor motif, referencing the box of fake lemons Gura gifted to symbolize her love for Amelia. The can be seen on Amelia's laptop (as a mock Apple logo) and on the cafe logo during her casual outfit reveal stream. Ame even has a sticker of herself sticking her tongue out to lick the lemon logo on her laptop, and has a second laptop featuring a sticker of Gura with her mouth open, ready to bite into the same logo.
- Motor Mouth: She is well known for her proclivity to go on rapid, rambling monologues at the drop of a hat.
- Mushroom Samba: Her Watson Concoction syringes cause a lot of tripping out and visual effects such as seeing triple and Fish-Eye Lens among other things.
- My Eyes Are Up Here: During Ame's birthday celebration on January 6th, 2022, viewers were introduced to "Buff Ame" in VR chat. Gura was so taken aback by her pectorals that she couldn't stop staring. She thought Ame's eyes were on her chest.Buff Ame: Hey, my eyes are up here!
Gura: No, they're not.
- Never My Fault: In combination with being a sore loser, she has a laundry list of excuses for why she ends up losing or not doing well in any particular game she ends up playing.
- Nice Hat: Appropriately, she wears a nice deerstalker hat just like the source of inspiration for her character design.
- Noblewoman's Laugh:
- Delivers a rare, English-accented Ojou laugh after faking an apology to people who backseated her playthrough of Antichamber.
- Delivers an admittedly practiced one while playing Gartic Phone during a Holomyth collab. Calli was genuinely impressed.
- She also did an even more polished one in one of her Superchat Reading streams, complete with appropriate arm prop.
- Ghost Ame also has her own variant.
- No Sense of Direction: Mentioned it once during an Oblivion stream, all the while trying to find the farmer's house.
- Amelia: Recently, I did my... You guys, like, you know you can test your DNA? And obviously, I'm 100% Scottish, and apparently, I have, like, a thingy in my DNA that says I have a bad sense of direction.
- Once Done, Never Forgotten: In Minecraft, Amelia constructed a giant magnifying glass outside her house, which immediately got mistaken for a tennis racket by Calli note . The rest of the girls would endlessly tease Ame over this, which eventually led to a series of pranks from Gura adding a tennis ball next to the magnifying glass and Ina assisting in coloring the tennis ball green.
- OOC Is Serious Business: Moments of salty rage aside, Amelia is usually a bundle of cheerfulness and positivity, which makes any moment where she's acting down that much more notable, such as her Oh, Crap! moment when she found out about L.A. Noire's Deliberate Values Dissonance, which left her sounding sad and worried.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Her attempt at dodging an arrest warrant from Oozora Police is to put on a mustache and only that. Amazingly enough, this seems to have worked.
- Passing the Torch: In Ame's first and only collab with Kiryu Coco in Reddit Meme Review, the latter passes on the secret recipe for her signature product, Asacoco, prior to her graduation.
- Paste Eater: She used to like eating sand as a child due to its texture.
- Percussive Therapy: Like many others in hololive, Amelia slams her desk when she's especially frustrated. Her desk smashes are very loud in comparison to the likes of Towa and Rushia; fans have likened it to hearing gunshots. A Super Mario Sunshine stream led to a couple of particularly violent ones during tough platforming sections, one of which disconnected the stream entirely and the second one being accompanied by a noise that sounded like half the keys from her keyboard ending up on the floor. On the next day's Q and A stream, she admitted that the "D" key was still missing.
- Perpetual Smiler: Similar to Korone, her mouth opens up by default, with both rows of teeth visible most of the time. While she does have an angry facial expression, it is still very tame compared to the rest of HoloEN and takes considerable effort to put on, and so goes unused most of the time even if she's upset.
- The Pollyanna: In her own words "she turned out good", despite the level of seriousness with several incidents as a young child. At two years old she fell in an ice cream store and bit her tongue so badly it was nearly cut in half. As a 3 or 4-year-old Amelia's brother pushed her off the bed while they were jumping on it and she now has a large scar on her head. She cut the tip of her thumb off trying to peel an apple. The final one was being left in a hot car with her brother that got so hot it melted her crayons. And she had the same cheer when telling a similar story later on of how she tried to do spinny tricks off some ropes at Disneyland and faceplanted into the concrete hard enough to get a scar later.
- Polyamory: When asked by a female fan if she was open to having a girlfriend, she replied that she already has four of them and isn't open to any more.
- Portmanteau: Her proposed fanbase name of "Amelianaires" (Amelia + "millionaires"). While the chat devised and latched onto the name "Holmies" (Holmes + "homies") instead, it was unusable due to that name being associated with supporting a Spree Killer. Eventually both she and her chat settled in on Teamates ("Teammates" by way of "tea + "mates.")
- Pungeon Master: Downplayed, but she can get quite punny when making fun of something, such as declaring herself a "zoomer" by literally zooming around the screen, or when asked about "No Nut November" ends up making it about literal nuts like almonds.
- Private Detective: Streams from her office with a noir style opening and jazz BGM.
- Quintessential British Gentleman: Her design matches a few things on the list such as the High-Class Glass, the mustache motif on her belongings, and her following intellectual pursuits like puzzle games and investigating the weirdness in hololive. Taken further in her debut proper with her putting on an exaggerated British accent while talking about her love for tea, blood sausage, and crumpets.
- Quirky Ukulele: Knows how to play the instrument.
- The Reliable One: She is HoloMyth's go-to for technical issues.
- Ridiculously Human Robots: As a gag leading up to the revelation of her formal dress outfit, Ame showed off a piece of artwork where her new "costume" design is in actuality a robot in her likeness that's piloted by three Smol Ames stacked on top of each other, and claimed that it's was actually her true nature as well. She later reassures everyone she's joking.Ame: Yeah, this is actually how I looked all the time underneath this skin, but you guys just don't know. So maybe my new outfit will be revealing my actual-my real-the real way that I looked. Hmm, yeah, this is how I looked all this time underneath the flesh.
- Ripple Effect-Proof Memory: Her memory is not affected by the timeline shenanigans that she's allegedly responsible for.
- Rollercoaster Mine: One of her biggest Minecraft projects is a minecart system that spans the length of the long tunnel they dug in their first collab. With the assistance of several intermittent powered rails they can quickly speed between the mine entrance and any important branching points.
- Self-Fanservice: Referenced In-Universe during a Q&A stream where she was asked about the trend of fan-artists giving her larger "boing boings". After several seconds of stammered false starts (since this was supposed to be a family-friendly stream), Ame said that she appreciates all fanart but prefers that the fans portray her with a more accurate physique.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Downplayed Trope, as she has always been cute as a button, but her second new outfit takes things up to eleven. The combination of her beautiful black dress accentuating her chest and her new long hair left many people completely floored, with Ame herself stating she felt like a princess.
- Sherlock Homage:
- This is basically her shtick. She has the deerstalker hat, carries a magnifying glass at all times, and a similar association with drugs. She also shares the same name as Dr. Watson and carries medical equipment with her (a stethoscope and some syringes). Her birthday is also Sherlock Holmes' (unofficial) birthday.
- During her debut, she revealed she actually knew/knows a "Mr. Holmes", stating that he called her drug cocktail "Watson's Concoction" and it is what she used to give him. Considering the fact that she is a time traveler, she might actually be the Dr. Watson.
- In her stream of There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension, it was revealed that she's the granddaughter of Dr. John H. Watson, as she immediately recognizes him and states that he's her grandfather when he appears in the Sherlock Holmes point and click section of the game.
- Ship Tease: With Gura.
- After months of fans shipping the two of them together, Amelia finally set the shippers ablaze by calling Gura "[her] wife" on Twitter. Then for Amelia's birthday, among her presents Gura had gifted her a box of synthetic lemons to which Gura replies by saying "those lemons will last forever, like my love for you".
- They have dedicated the same song to one another in previous karaoke streams.
- They have also have done a couple of duets with each other's karaoke recordings.
- Gura in particular has the Catchphrase "This reminds me of Amelia!" which has been lampshaded by their own manager, Jenma. She also consistently sings praises of Amelia not just in collabs but in her solo streams; moreso than any other member of HoloEN.
- During Coco's graduation, Gura was absent from the rest of the EN girls segment note . Ame commented about this on twitter with: "Same sleep in. With me"
- Signature Laugh: Her regular laughter is not especially notable, but the gremlin cackle she deploys whenever she's told an acknowledgedly immature/toxic joke is.Amelia: NEHEHEHEHE!
- Significant Birth Date: January 6 is the traditionally accepted birthday of Sherlock Holmes ("traditionally accepted" because the original novels never said anything about the topic).
- Sleep Deprivation:
- By the time of her debut stream, she had already stayed up for 20 hours and then was sighted in the chat of several streams afterwards. She later tweeted that she had too much caffeine and doesn't remember her stream. During her Valorant stream the next day, she cheerfully mentions getting 2 1/2 hours of sleep. She finally admits to getting eleven hours of sleep here.
- Her awkward sleeping habits lead to her commenting how she's tired during her streams and how she takes short naps between streams that are less than several hours apart.
- Sleeps in the Nude: One of her dislikes is wearing clothes when going to sleep.
- The Smart Guy: Being a time-travelling detective aside, professionally she is actually one of the biggest innovators and trendsetters in Hololive, to the point that Yagoo himself commented on how impressed he was with her ideas, her work and her accomplishments:
- She started the "Feet on Screen" trend.
- She also started the "Cozy Blanket" trend, and is, by extension, single handedly responsible for every other accessory-on-screen trend henceforth in the VTubing community.
- She made the HoloEN "Off-Collab" happen, and set the foundation for similar events throughout Hololive.
- She pioneered collaborating with independent Hololive fans, such as cartoonist Walfie, to create content that would help Hololive stay fresh and relevant.
- Based on those collaborations she pioneered the creation of cute "Smol" and "Low-Polygon" 3D models for her and the rest of Hololive Myth that they would use in VRChat collabs.
- She popularized VR content among the English-speaking VTuber community.
- Sore Loser: Tends to Rage Quit, make excuses, or flame her teams when she loses. She has mentioned that watching fan clips of herself raging made her feel bad about being so toxic and was not proud of those moments.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: Every stream starts with her greeting chat to a jazzy piano BGM which she loops during her FPS streams. No matter if she's complaining about her team, fragging enemies, winning or losing games, expect the same relaxing piano piece playing in the back, with her sometimes humming along with it. However, she is ready to turn off the BGM when she is in a tense situation such as being in the final few remaining teams in APEX.
- Speech Impediment: A very mild lisp when talking. While she hasn't remarked directly on it, fans believe a childhood incident she explained in which she nearly bit her tongue off is to blame.
- Spiritual Successor: Her Ame in the A.M. show is one for Coco's AsaCoco Live News. In fact, Ame herself is widely considered to be the heir to Coco's legacy, being the creative powerhouse that greatly expanded the scope of Myth and indirectly spurring the development of later generations like Council, as well as having an immensely powerful reach and influence that brought every mainline branch and generations together in collaborations. About the only thing that didn't get passed down from Coco to her is the weekly Shitpost review, which is handled by Haachama instead.
- Stable Time Loop: Due to her nature as a time traveler, this crops up sometimes.
- Once claimed to have time traveled to the past and told the Gura of that time period that the latter would be in hololive one day.Amelia: I told her all about it. And she's been waiting. She's been waiting! For so long! But for me, it was just the other day. [reading chat] "Why'd you spoil her?" Maybe it was like a Catch-22 sort of thing. How do you use that phrase? What came first, the chicken or the egg? What if I never told Gura? What if I never time traveled and never told her? Maybe she wouldn't be in EN! Which came first?! The loop! Time is confusing...
- In a meme review with Coco a fan-comic, which Amelia and Coco confirm depicts actual events, reveals Amelia was the one responsible for Coco's Hololive career, having been instructed by Yagoo to travel back to 2019 and snipe Coco out of the sky as she flew over Hololive headquarters. This was later reinforced when Coco explained on Kiara's Holotalk episode that she was flying around and suddenly became exhausted and crashed into Cover Corp, though she suspects she was shot down with a rocket-propelled grenade. This is an excellent example of a "causal loop / bootstrap paradox" (where the future event is the cause of a past event) since Coco was instrumental in the creation of the HoloEN branch, and responsible for Amelia getting hired by Hololive in the first place.
- Once claimed to have time traveled to the past and told the Gura of that time period that the latter would be in hololive one day.
- The Stinger: A running gag is for her to say goodbye to everyone but leave the stream on for a few more minutes and say something silly at the very last moment before cutting off the broadcast for good. While most of them are just her talking over the end screen right as it cuts out, there's been a few times where she actually prepares a special end screen that usually references whatever she just streamed. One has her reciting the giant holographic Joi at the end of the Blade Runner 2049 watchalong, complete with the actual scene itself with her taking the place of Joi.
- Stop Helping Me!: While she is appreciative of her audience's advice when streaming games she knows little about such as Minecraft, she has commented that she finds it annoying when they tell her basic things about playing or controls, noting that such comments are made as the result of building up good habits over time that a new player understandably would not have but develop over time and that telling them they are doing something wrong is more of a deterrent that would make her more prone to ignoring audience input altogether.
- The Straight Man: Subverted. When Hololive EN was first announced, many people expected Amelia to be either this or the Only Sane Woman for the generation due to being the most normal looking out of the five. Obviously, this expectation got quickly proven wrong as soon as she debuted. That role goes to Calli instead.
- Super Speed: She declares herself a "zoomer" and proceeds to demonstrate by zooming at high speeds around her stream room.
- Take That!:
- The intro to "Keynote Presentation" is a riff on "metaverse" projects in the tech industry and NFTs note , with Amelia launching her own brand of "NFATs" - "non-fungullible Ame tokens." The short also doubles as Biting-the-Hand Humor since Cover is working on hololive Alternative, which is itself a "metaverse" project.
- In a Minecraft stream prior to the Keynote, a fan asked if they can have Ame NFTs. Amelia reads the message and mocks the idea, muttering under her breath "stupid".
- Team Mom: During group Minecraft streams, Amelia can be counted on to look after her team and supply the others with what they need. She also frequently uses her management and tech skills to bust the others out of a bind and during large collabs tends to take a moderating role. Fauna confirmed that during real-life collaborations, Ame also tends to go into "full-on senpai mode".
- The Team Normal: Downplayed — Initially, she's the sole regular human in a group of otherwise mythical beings, but eventually she came up with the concept of her pocket watch being a time travel device, and it has since been integrated into her character, making her as supernatural as her gen-mates.
- Thinks Like a Romance Novel: Ame has a habit of getting a little excited when there's even the slightest bit of romance in whatever she's playing or watching. For instance, during her playthrough of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, after watching the characters Adaman and Irida bicker over space and time, romance immediately jumped to Ame's head as she believed they would kiss or fall in love just like Romeo and Juliet.
- Time Travel:
- Amelia's time-traveling ability was never part of her original profile. During her first Fall Guys stream, Amelia claims the watch she wears is a time-traveling device, to explain away why she knows what Mighty Beanz are. It since has become part of her character.
- Shortly after Ollie's Olivia stream, where she portrayed an alternate timeline version of herself who was still alive, and revealed that the only member of hololive in her timeline to have the exact same name as in Our Timeline was Amelia, Amelia made a series of tweets implying that she can also travel between timelines, and that she may have been the one responsible for Olivia ending up in our timeline.
- Shortly after the debut of the Council, Amelia cheekily Tweets that Kronii's Twitter restriction is what keeps her safe, hinting that her time-travel pocket watch was stolen from the Time Warden.
- Token Human: She is effectively this among her generation, who are mythical creatures adopting A Form You Are Comfortable With. Even if we're assuming Ina is still mostly human after her ascendance as the Ancient Ones' priestess, Ame is the only one who has the look down hat without any extra supernatural bits to her.
- Too Much Information: Amelia's reaction to Ollie describing herself going to the bathroom as "pee[ing] like a Charge Rifle", complete with Saying Sound Effects Out Loud to describe what it sounded like.Amelia: ...thank you, I'm imagining it now.
- Totally Radical: Sometimes when Ame puts on a dude voice when reading dialogue in games, or when she's being Armando, she puts on what can be best described as a stereotypical surfer dude voice mixed with Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Donuts. She ordered some to eat on a Supa Sunday stream, played and enjoyed a donut themed game in Donut County just prior to that, and got excited when donuts were mentioned in the Knives Out watchalong in an analogy. The Stinger for that watchalong had her recite the same analogy while a donut-shaped overlay was placed over her.
- Tranquil Fury:
- Her getting frustrated or angry at a game tends to end in screeching, Desk-kun abuse and swearing. Her getting legitimately angry at someone seems to be a different story entirely, as seen with one question in a Q&A stream that took an entitled tone:Amelia: First of all, you watch your goddamn tone when you're talking to me.
- She spends one Super Mario Sunshine stream trying to reach a secret level with Yoshi, failing several times, slamming her desk, even disconnecting her router, and it turns out to be a Brutal Bonus Level. After losing all her lives and spending a good half of the stream frustrated and angry, she just quietly exits out of the game and ends the stream right then and there.
- Her getting frustrated or angry at a game tends to end in screeching, Desk-kun abuse and swearing. Her getting legitimately angry at someone seems to be a different story entirely, as seen with one question in a Q&A stream that took an entitled tone:
- Any time she plays any of the Pokemon games, she will call the Pokemon by the wrong names just to mess around with her audience, much to their amusement, even if the name is literally stated on screen. She's called Eevee the evolution of Bidoof, Emolga a mini Lugia, and without fail, she's referred to Shinx (a little lion Pokemon) as a monkey.
- In the first full Myth + Hope + Council collab of Among Us, Ame spent the whole stream just being a crewmate, yet took a lot of opportunities to mess with her genmates and kouhais by claiming to be the impostor and that she's actually on cooldown, while also running away screaming from the others thinking they're the impostor, whether they actually were or not.
- On Christmas Eve 2021, Ame hosted a stream that was simply called TF2 at first. Most people correctly assumed it was Team Fortress 2, but the initials could also stand for Titanfall 2. Ame rolled with this and changed her stream reservation's thumbnail and title back and forth between the two, and then some. As the hour went on she'd change it to things like Fall Guys (with the player character dressed as Scout), Minecraft, and then various distorted edited images of the TF2 characters. It eventually was Team Fortress 2, but Ame had a bit of fun messing around before the stream started.
- Unit Confusion: In her debut, claimed to be 150 cm, or 5-foot-9-inches (what she called freedom units). 5-foot-9-inches converts to about 175cm, while 150cm is 4-foot-11-inches.
- Valley Girl: Fans have debated over whether or not she has such an accent, but if she wants to, she does a pretty convincing one, in any case.
- Verbal Tic: She frequently experiences what she calls "reverse-burps" involuntarily, resulting in her releasing random chirps and hiccups during streams. These "hics" are well received by the fans when they occur.
- Video Game Perversity Potential: When playing Half-Life: Alyx, one of the very first things she does in her new virtual reality environment is Flipping the Bird to the sky.
- Weather Report: Her weather segment on her Ame in the AM morning show has her talk about games that are trending at the time of the episode, likening them to winds or storms passing through.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: Has absolutely no recollection of her debut stream due to being completely wired on caffeine as well as sleep-deprived for roughly 24 hours. She even had to clarify that she was being serious on her Twitter account due to people explaining the nature of what actually happened during that debut.
- Yandere: During her casual outfit reveal stream, she briefly started acting like one after acting like the chat broke up with her and asked if the chat was seeing another girl, complete with Yandere Stare.
- Yaoi Fangirl: Has admitted to reading Team Fortress 2 slash fiction (Sniper/Spy) in her younger days, and when asked if she prefers yuri or yaoi, she said she liked both.
- Your Mom: Not above cracking such jokes directed at viewers' moms when she gets the chance. Usually followed by a particular laugh that can only be described as "gremlin-like".
- Zombie Apocalypse: During the HoloEN Halloween collab, Amelia explains that part of the VR lobby is currently blocked off due to an outbreak of zombie Ames.