Meet the Loads and Loads of Characters of Aozora's Adventure here.
open/close all folders
Original series and Cross-universe
The series' main protagonist, who has a very wild personality and the ability to transform into a variety of forms thanks to one of several Transformation Trinkets
- Big Eater: Aozora has a very wide preference for food and will eat anything that's both edible and well-prepared/cooked. Justified, as he does lots of globe-trotting during his adventures, especially in Aozora's Adventure III.
- Bishōnen: Aozora is a slim thanks to being a slim, healthy figure with messy blonde hair.
- Good Is Not Soft: He's caring to his friends and the people that trust and look up to him, but if you challenge or threaten him, he'll go full out with his fighting techniques.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Satoru and Zik.
- Hot-Blooded: As a Shonen protagonist stereotype, Aozora is built on this trope and is loaded with energy.
- Nice Hat: His signature pilot's cap.
- Power Copying: In the Rock-Aozora series, only if he wields the Aozora Buster.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red Oni to Satoru's Blue.
- Shout-Out: He is inspired by a great variety of Shonen protagonists, and overall pays homage both Super Mario Bros. and Kirby with his massive array of different forms. In the case of the Rock-Aozora plots, he's instead a Mega Man (Classic) homage.
- Unlimited Wardrobe: Aozora has several alternate outfits at his disposal, geared for different activities and adventures. Others are direct upgrades of his traditional outfit.
One of Aozora's closest friends that form the titular three with him and Zik.
Another of Aozora's closest friends and the third member of the main three.
- Anime Hair: He has blonde hair that shoots upwards, and helps support his visor.
- Nice Hat: Wears a yellow visor.
- Sidekick: Also to Aozora.
Aozora's very athletic and charming girlfriend.
- Action Girl: Once she hit adulthood, she began entering sports and competitions (sometimes alongside men), including fighting tournaments.
- Idiot Hair: Purely for style only.
- Official Couple: She and Aozora have a very close relationship, even in the moments where it seems to almost fall apart.
- Sailor Fuku: Her outfit- while not matching the design entirely, invokes the general style of a Fuku.
A friend of Keisha's, recognized for her long purple hair and dark color palette.
- Bare Your Midriff: The skin above and under her breasts and her belly button are fully exposed.
- Goth: Her outfit is mainly indigo and purple, and she has a skull patch on her left breast.
- Idiot Hair: Just like Keisha.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair extends down to just above her feet.
- The Stoic: Skye is quiet and doesn't emote much.
A very intelligent boy from school that Aozora met when he was younger, and a close friend of Sakaki's.
- Bishōnen: Plays the trope far more literally than Aozora.
- Let's Fight Like Gentlemen: Despite his flashy appearance, Skye is easily capable of taking on even crowds of people.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: His design is easily the sharpest of Aozora's friends. It only got sharper when Arc 3 introduced a new outfit for him.
A geek well recognized for his large rounded Eye Glasses
and for being very skilled in robotics. He is responsible for the creation of the robots that Aozora lives with.
Paku-Chan & Ball-Kun
Two spherical robots colored blue and red respectively that live with Aozora at his house.
A family of nine robots, each with different personalities and (in most cases) body builds.
- Rage Breaking Point: Incur extreme wrath on his family and he'll go berserk.
- Robot Kid: Constructed to be the second youngest of the Jetters.
- Agent Peacock: Higure wears a skintight suit and has a lean, clean figure along with a few flamboyant characteristics. Nonetheless he's still capable of wearing foes a new one and pulling of slick stunts in battle.
- Arm Cannon: His hands can form and shoot plasma energy at enemies.
- Cool Helmet: Even comes with it's own headset.
- Robot Kid: Created as the youngest of the Jetters.
- Shrinking Violet: A male example, especially during casual mode. Even when in a battle he's still quite fragile.
Aozora's Adventure RPG Characters
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: Unlike the later-introduced Chinatsu and Lachlan, Gil does not perform any of the actions typical of a pirate due to lacking experience, unless it's easy treasure from an island he can snag effortlessly.
- Ax-Crazy: Genroy is one insane guy with his mind always up in the clouds. Even then he's still a smart guy.
- For Science!: His personal quote.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: His signature tool, the Ooze Grappler, shoots an elastic arm of slime that can grab just about any wall or surface.
- Laughing Mad: All the time, even when he's fighting or getting beaten to a pulp.
- Mad Scientist: The series' closest candidate for one.
- Prepetual Smiler: On his best days, it takes a lot for Genroy to ditch that big, wide smile of his.
- Shout-Out: He's a spoof of Dr. Insano.
- Badass Biker
- Blade Below the Shoulder: A common tactic used with a solidified poison blade used for stealthier attacks.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: He wears two leather jackets at once: one black, the other purple.
- Impossibly Cool Clothes: See above.
- Poisonous Person: Orochi can form liquified poison from any part of his body sans the head. He can also solidify the poison to form poisonous claws and knives.
- Smoking Is Cool: The only major character in the series seen with a cigarette. It's said to provide additional power to Orochi's poison.
- Sicky Bomb: Orochi's signature move: By producing a type of poison with an adhesive surface and forming it into a ball of sludge, it causes a small black core to form in the center which detonates shortly after the orb makes contact with an outside object.
- Technicolor Toxin: The poison Orochi produces is a crisp and vibrant purple.
- Acrofatic: He's bigger than most of the other characters, though he's just as quick and agile as them.
- BFG: Wields a Machine Gun/Sniper Rifle hybrid as his main firearms, which is about as long as Kento's own height.
- Big Fun: When he's not in battle, he's got a really fun and supportive attitude.
- Eyes Always Shut: And he can still see perfectly.
- Mix-and-Match Weapon: Kento's signature weapon is a cross between a machine gun and a sniper rifle.
- Playing Card Motifs: The main members of the group are all named after card suits (though only Yuyumi doesn't use it as her main identity).
- Super Mode: All the Witches have these, Donovan sporting two.
Aozora's Adventure II/Rock-Aozora 2 Bosses
- Barrier Warrior: Can surround himself in a column of embers.
- Butt-Monkey: The series' prime example.
- Captain Ersatz: Of Matthew Patel from Scott Pilgrim, with very slight shades of Matahachi from the film Goemon.
- Cool Sword: In Aozora's Adventure II, he uses a jet black sword.
- Creepy Shadowed Undereyes
- Determinator: Ever since he first met and got defeated at the hands of Aozora, it's become his life goal to beat Aozora whenever the chance arrives.
- Dynamic Entry: If he can, Masayoshi will crash through anything if he's looking for a fight.
- Guy Liner: Masayoshi's eyes are decorated with some thick eye-liner.
- Kubrick Stare: Does this a lot, usually before starting a brawl.
- Peek-a-Bangs: Masayoshi's left eye is obstructed by his own hair, though gusts if wind caused by Masayoshi's powers can brush it to the side.
- Platonic Life-Partners: With Saniko.
- Playing with Fire: The least-advanced pyrokinesis user in the series, since he can only produce it from his hands and fling small off-colored embers. His most advanced technique, described above, causes fire to engulf him on every side, though it requires a bit of buildup.
- Power Floats: Masayosi can levitate, but he can't reach the same top speed that Kazuhiko can achieve.
- Retcon: To further his similarities to Matahachi, his right eye (the one not obstructed by his Peek-a-Bangs) was made to consist of nothing but a black iris. Come recent years, and both eyes would eventually become iris-only.
- Reverse Shrapnel: One of Masayoshi's well-known techniques, see Barrier Warrior above.
- The Rival: Currently stands as Aozora's biggest rival yet.
- Took a Level in Badass: If one follows Rock-Aozora 2 instead of Aozora's Adventure II, Masayoshi is said to be slightly more powerful, becoming faster and using his limited pyrokinesis more strategically.
- Action Girl: Does a lot of flipping and kicking.
- A Father to His Men: Female example. Chinatsu cares very deeply for her crew of otherwise normal pirate girls and always keeps them well-equipped and suited for battle.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Dangerously Short Skirt: She wears very short black jeans.
- Expy: Of Madeline from the webcomic Pirate Madeline.
- Ms. Fanservice
- Pirate: She has a pirate's hat, a big ship, and a crew of lesser pirate girls on board.
- PirateGirl: A female pirate that become one just to show that women can be as successful as men.
- Throw a Barrel at It: Because of her strength, Chinatsu can do this no problem- though in most cases she'll rely on direct melee or her own gun to do the trick.
- Animal Motifs: A shark. He has a shark tooth-shaped scar on his face, his collar and gloves' triangular patterns are meant to represent a shark's tooth, and two of the pins on his head-belt feature designs of a fish's silhouette and shark's mouth.
- Bayonet Ya: Sharkane's flamethrower includes a bayonet under the igniter.
- Belly Mouth: Invoked with the design of the armor on his chest.
- BFG: The flamethrower he holds is six feet wide.
- Big Eater: Sharkane is capable of eating up large servings of food without much trouble, burning them off as he works and fights.
- Cute Little Fangs: Sharkane's canine teeth are noticeably sharp.
- Expy: Of Sol-Badguy's pre-Xrd appearance from Guilty Gear. His signature weapon and Animal Motif is based on the Insurrectionist Flame Soldier.
- Fire-Breathing Weapon: His flamethrower: the Scorch Shark.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Bachi.
- Papa Wolf: Threaten or harm Grip and Gnear, and he'll remind you why you don't mess with a shark.
- Real Men Cook: Sharkane is, surprisingly, a talent of cooking foods for himself, Grip, and Gnear.
- Real Men Eat Meat: Most of Sharkane's favorite dishes are meat-based. That said...
- Trademark Favorite Food: Fitting with his shark motif, Sharkane adores the taste of fresh seafood.
Grip and Gnear
- Action Girl: Yes, even an elegantly-dressed lady of royalty can fight.
- An Ice Person: She is a master of ice magic.
- Black Eyes of Crazy: Her sclera are naturally colored black, though she's far from being crazy.
- Crystal Prison: One of her attack methods includes trapping herself in this and bulldozing into her targets.
Aozora's Adventure Gaiden Bosses
- A God Am I: He considers himself this, despite being behind Kelthilda in terms of power.
- Badass Armfold: When levitating in place or steadily dropping/rising, this is his preferred pose, sometimes with his legs crossed.
- Dragon-in-Chief: While he's not the true leader of the Gaiden bosses, he's the primary force that challenges Aozora and becomes part of what kicks off the story.
- Expy: Of Idaten fron Cho Aniki, Sinbad from Magi: Labyrinth of Magic, and Terra from Mega Man V.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Being brought into a religion where beauty is considered top priority, Erebos's upper body is left undressed
- Balloon Belly: If he lets too much fire build up in his lungs or stomach, either by overcharging or inhaling large amounts of fire.
- Breath Weapon: He can shoot fire right out of his mouth.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: As a child, he was forced to become a fire breather for the amusement of his tribe. Then he swallows a special voodoo fire and let's just say things got hot.
- Expy: Of Rufio from Hook. His primary abilities take after Natsu from Fairy Tail.
- Elemental Shapeshifter: Can morph any part of his body into lava.
- Extreme Omnivore: He can suck in flames from any source and ingest it to increase the power of his own attacks. A tactic that no other pyrokinesis user in the series can perform.
- Magma Man: Rodrigo can morph, enclose, and melt his body into lava.
- Playing with Fire: Over-exaggerated to front and back, Rodrigo is easily the most technical of all the pyrokinesis users in the series, even to the point where he can create solid rocks of magma from within his body before spitting them out.
- Weaksauce Weakness: As easily-predicted, water can nullify most of his attacks, though he does have workarounds and completely dousing him in water will just cause him to emit lots of smoke.
- A Load of Bull: Bojun's body is designed to resemble a bull.
- Expy: Ultimately of Uranus from Mega Man V. He also takes features after Potemkin's Xrd design and Zavok.
- Super Strength: Bojun demonstrates this in just every way possible, being able to lift and throw objects even larger than himself.
Aozora's Adventure 3 D World Antagonists
- Eldritch Abomination: Orpheus is a living humanoid shadow that travels the galaxy and could potentially become anything he wants.
- Expy: Largely based on the Anti-Spiral from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann along with Master Core form Super Smash Bros..
- Humanoid Abomination: His main form is a black silhouette with several patterns running through his body. The only facial feature that shows is his mouth and more rarely, his eyes.
- Ret-Gone: Removed from the series in 2017 as he was described as generic by Word of God.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: In Aozora's Adventure 3D World, he comes down to Earth in Robo-Aozora's body, where he then challenges Aozora to reach his personal fortress. Once Robo-Aozora is destroyed, Orpheus emerges from Robo-Aozora's body and ascends into space, where Aozora continues to go after him. This was since retconned out of the series, making Robo-Aozora the sole antagonist of 3D World
- Shapeshifting: Being made of shadow, he can become any form he desires, and enlarge or shrink himself to fit his transformation.
- Slasher Smile: When Orpheus's mouth does appear, this is what it usually appears as.
Roast Gang and Roast Elites
- Disc-One Final Boss: He would be the final main boss of the first half of Aozora III.
- Shout-Out: Very loosely based on Red Mist (of which most of his appearance/color scheme is based on).
- We Can Rebuild Him: After he is downed at the hands of his former best friend, he is taken in by the Frost Elites and rebuilt into An Ice Person. After that, he is remade again in Rock-Aozora 3, where he becomes powerless, for the most part.
- We Used to Be Friends: During the Time Skip between the second and third arcs, he and Aozora became close buddies. However when the other Roast Elites attacked the college in Aozora's Adventure III to pick up Jigoku (though making it look like a kidnapping to not raise any flags), he was later forced to reveal himself when Aozora discovers the Roast Elite's base.
- Light Is Not Good: He's a physical angel with a primarily bright color scheme and bright white angel wings... When first encountered in Aozora III, he's considered an enemy at first.
- Mighty Glacier: The Roast Gang's main powerhouse, but the slowest in his suit.
- Action Girl: The only female Roast Elite, and she is easily capable of showing why she's deserving of the title.
- Combat Hand Fan: Her weapon of choice.
- Dance Battler: Thanks to being a longtime dancer, she's learned how to do effective combat with her moves.
- Large and in Charge: His armor is the largest and heaviest of the Roast Elites, and he's only a bit larger than Wernher.
Frost Gang and Frost Elites
- An Ice Person: All of the Frost Elites have access to cyrokinesis.
- Ninja: He dresses like one and employs ninja-like tactics in combat.
Rock-Aozora 3 Bosses
- Action Girl
- Armor Is Useless: She wears two metallic shoulder pads, though mostly only for style.
- Domino Mask: Perhaps her trademark piece of clothing, which rarely ever comes off her while in public.
- Knife Nut: Has four daggers tucked into her utility belt. that she uses for sneak-attacks or a quicker projectile.
- Purple Is Powerful: Her main color scheme.
- Rollerblade Good: Wears a pair of rollerblade boots with jet engines in them.
- Sinister Scythe: Her primary weapon of choice.
- Tricked-Out Shoes: As mentioned above, she has jet engines installed onto the back of her rollerblade boots, which enable extreme movement speed.
- Utility Belt: Wears a brown belt across her waist, which houses most of her weapons barring her scythe.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: It may not go wide, but he's otherwise good at pulling it off with those sharp teeth of his.
- Evil Laugh: Usually opens and closes battles with a loud chuckle.
- Grappling-Hook Pistol: The Jolt Taser's territory function. Despite the wires being very thin, they have quite a large amount of strength.
- Life Drain: The Jolt Taser's secondary function- steadily decreasing the life force of targets and adding it to Hiromori's.
- Nightmare Face: Accompanies his Evil Laugh.
- Psycho Electro: Hiromori is sadistic, insane, and comes with electricity powers thanks to his Jolt Taser.
- Scary Teeth: All of his teeth are very sharp.
- Shock and Awe: Is usually associated with electricity, even though only one attack of his (his Static Stun Gun) truly incorporates it.
- Static Stun Gun: The Jolt Taser installed in his right gauntlet can latch onto and shock targets, slowing them down for as long as they remain.
- Wolverine Claws: His signature melee weapon.
- Hand Cannon: Butch's main firearms: a large 6-chambered pistol that fires out explosive rocket-powered bullets that explode on impact.
- Nice Hat: He wears a tan-colored cowboy's hat.
- Scarf of Asskicking: Wrapped across Butch's neck is a thick scarf with a plaid pattern
- Casting a Shadow: The energy provided by his magatama is indigo colored, though it's unknown if it's really dark/shadow or not, despite his signature skill being titled "Shadow Pursuit".
- Dash Attack: The Shadow Pursuit lets Michitaro charge while using the magatama's energy to shield himself and damage targets. It even causes a Speed Echo.
- Super Speed: He can travel at very fast speeds with the magatama's powers in hand.
- Captain Ersatz: Of Valnus from Gunbird.
- Homing Lasers: Is capable of firing a constant green beam that will carve around solid surfaces to strike a target.
- Macross Missile Massacre: Opening up his chest; Ottomar reveals this.
- Self-Destruct Mechanism: Can self-destruct by reaching into his mouth and pressing a well-hidden switch, triggering a timer that will cause his whole body to explode after four seconds. Thankfully, Ottomar only uses this in extremely rare moments, and his armor is strong enough to remain intact, at worst leave him with a bit of ash.
- Barrier Warrior: His gloves contain energy which can deploy a "Pixel Barrier"- making Raster completely invincible while it's out. In Rock-Aozora 3, it can even block One-Hit Kill hazards.
- Fingerless Gloves: Wears a black-colored pair.
- Light Gun Game: Weaponizes a battery-operated arcade lightgun which fires plasma bullets.
- Reverse Shrapnel: The Pixel Barrier takes the form of four large pixels that rotate around Raster, with two progressively smaller pixels trailing behind each pixel.
Aozora's Adventure RPG 2 Characters
- Cool Hat: He wears a large white top hat that covers the glass tube holding his energy source.
- Dimensional Traveler: He can warp between both the universes of the Original and Darkness stories at will.
- Little People Are Surreal: Eugene is rather small, with his height (minus the hat) measuring up to about three point five feet tall.
- Punch-Clock Villain: in his first appearance, he is hired by Joker to hunt down Aozora before Kurayami can. From then on he makes several appearances doing the same to Dedrick.
- Ret-Gone: During a cleanup project in September 2017, he was exiled from the universe as Word of God reveals not much about him was decided on.
- Shout-Out: His design is based on Excalibur from Soul Eater with characteristics of a Plague Doctor, a Spy from Spy vs. Spy, and Aaroniero Arruruerie from Bleach. Some attributes of his design are based off of Aqua Man and Chill Penguin.
- Dual Wielding: He dual-wields two small swords.
- Throw a Barrel at It: If he's not sleeping in one, chances are Lachlan will chuck the nearest barrel he can to mow down targets.
- Ret-Gone: The Oriental series was put on infinite hiatus, turning everyone featured within into this.
- Ret-Gone: Like with the Oriental series, the Darkness series went on infinite hiatus, making everyone featured within this by default.
- Anti-Hero: He has a large number of bad habits and is typically regarded as a bad influence, and he's hunted by the law. Though in the end he's still determined to save his world from whatever threat may come upon it.
- Clothing Damage: Dedrick's trademark outfit has a large number of wrinkles and rips.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Dedrick knows nothing of his past life and attempts searching around his universe for answers.
- Dark Is Evil: How the general inhabitants of the Darkness universe see Dedrick.
- Dark Is Not Evil: How Dedrick himself, his friends, and a select few outsiders that know of Dedrick's true intentions see Dedrick.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Dedrick is your typical human + demon hybrid.
- Hulking Out: When he goes into "Beast Mode", most of Dedrick's clothes shatter, he gains a large amount of muscle and a coat of fur, sprouts a pair of bull-like horns on his head, and grows a devil-like tail. In Aozora's Adventure 64 2 Darkness, he can even become a gargoyle and a golem.
- One-Winged Angel: Once he's got enough power under his belt, he undergoes "Beast Mode", his "Release" form.
- Absurdly Sharp Claws: As a result of his bionic shapeshifting hands, which have really sharp tips.
- Artificial Limbs: Both his arms.
- Badass Longcoat: A nice leather black one.
- Really Gets Around: Thanks to him being a male prostitute.
- Retcon: When he was first introduced, he resembled a Agent Peacock with lots of "shell" armor. This made the character look really flamboyant and difficult to move/walk, so he was completely redesigned with a Badass Longcoat.
- Shout-Out: Takes on an appearance and occupation similar to Gigolo Joe, with his shapeshifting hands based on the metallic shapeshifting wings the title character from Robot Chicken sports, as shown in that series' 100th episode.