- From Kung-Fu Jesus' Let's Play of God Hand:
Kung-Fu Jesus: *with hysterical laughter* Ha ha! I'm cunt punchin' ya bitch!
Medibot: Can you say "cunt punch" on the internet?
Kung-Fu Jesus: *completely serious* Oh shit, can you? I think the FDA shuts you down for that.
- MadMan's Static Discharge angering a Big Daddy by mistake.
- Cloud8745's Let's Play of I Wanna Be the Guy has plenty of laugh worthy moments as you would expect from a Platform Hell game, but the Mecha Birdo Boss Battle sequence stands out, as death after death after death at the boss's hands drive the poor guy insane in a freakout every bit as epic as the one from DeceasedCrab above. The first part is the regular part 9 of the Let's Play and the second part is the "outtake reel" that shows everything Cloud went through during the battle in question.
- Also, he's just made it through the Quickman screen, dodged past a bunch of spikes on his first try... and dies to one of IWBTG's infamous out-of-nowhere traps, not two seconds away from saving his game. There is a moment of complete silence. Then: *singsong tone* "WE ALL SAW THAT FUCKING COMING... FROM A MILE AWAY!"
- Another moment comes when Cloud is facing Kraidgief. In the middle of the battle, Cloud activates a glitch making the boss freeze so he could get the fight over with faster. While Cloud thinks he may have defeated Kraidgief, he takes the opportunity to run to the other end of the room to go to the next screen. Kraidgief then rises from the floor and destroys the Kid, much to Cloud's dismay. Cloud then responds with "My cockiness knows no bounds...I just got owned" in song fashion.
- His LP of Gregory Horror Show has this moment. Cloud hides in Mummy Pa's closet to wait for him to put his soul down while Mummy Papa is in his room—therefore, revealing his location would mean certain death. Noticing his health running low, he lets himself out of the closet, heals himself, and then manages to jump back inside and shut the door with only a confused "What the--?" from Mummy Papa.
- Cloud's Top 10 Funniest Moments.
- From UltraJMan's LP of the same game, his reaction to the... 'special' death at 8:57.
- Cybershell's LP of Half-Life "2" has one. The player comes across a scientist hanging from a suspended platform. He shouts: "quickly! use the force from my bullets to propel yourself up the ladder!"
- Cyber Shell's lets play is loaded with these. From his oversimplifying of what people say ("Gordon, you need to ride the choo choo train to the surface") to his tendency to kill scientists and guards and his dignified memorials for them. Lets not forget his reaction when he figures out he has to turn on another power generator.
(after killing the scientist) I hope you go to hell where you have to run around and turn on generators for all eternity!
- Jade Star's LP of UFO: Aftermath has one that also counts as a Crowning Moment of Awesome once the Reticulans try diplomacy. As news of the possible peace spreads throughout the Council of Earth bases, various people react in different ways. One response came in the form of graffitti found at one of the European bases:
- Earlier, the Reticulans single out Valhallan to focus all their wrath upon. Or rather, his crotch.
- Guavamoment's LP of the original X-COM has plenty of moments, such as Terashell "losing his anal virginity" to Floater plasma fire, and this.
Terashell: Okay. Who landed this thing.
- Dwarf Fortress. Boatmurdered. Watch as a once promising mining camp is subjected to a crucible of invasion, madness, and bloodthirsty pachyderms that slowly twists it into a dark and malevolent pit lying at the center of an ashen, bone-studded wasteland. Through the players' (mis)management and some appalling bad luck, Boatmurdered becomes a realm of horror that they realize adventuring parties will be queuing up to delve into.
- One quote in particular sticks out to me: "DID I MENTION HE IS ON FUCKING FIRE!?"
- The sections written by "StarkRavingMad" are especially priceless, combining a slow descent into madness with a passionate love of Deadwood. The effect of this combination on his vocabulary is... explosive.
So the merchants arrive to see blood and vomit everywhere, us hauling corpses en masse to the graveyard, a couple rampaging elephants...
WELCOME TO FUCKING BOATMURDERED! HOPE YOU LIKE MIASMA!!
- Cybershell13's Sonic 3 and Knuckles LP was punctuated by giving the barrel in Carnival Night Zone an annoyance (Or as it was rendered in the video proper, Cunt-O-Meter) rating of one, using Adobe related nonsense to play it up, "Also Sprach Zarathustra" and all, proceeds to mock the "worst" Guide Dang It moment in all of video games and then acts like an arse for the rest of the video, skipping out on a special stage and everything.
- It continues into Ice Cap Zone, where he denies what he perceives to be very well liked music (in Ice Cap Zone act 1)... by getting the 7th emerald and proceeding to go through the act as Super Sonic.
- Kicking off Labyrinth Zone Act 2 with a Cluster F-Bomb about spikes, giving them a well deserved entry on the Cunt-O-Meter to boot: "Spikes are motherfucking pieces of shit cocksucking homo faggot bitchass motherfuckers, that can suck my dick!"
- There was also the enemy summary for Metropolis Zone in his Sonic 2 LP. Most of the enemies score highly—4 or 5 out of 5 Eggman logos—on the aforementioned Cunt-O-Meter. Then he gets to the Asteron...and the entire background fills with Eggman logos.
- Asteron is the King of Cunts (the title previously being held by the Bomb enemy from Sonic 1. With a crown and everything. He even made the bomb appear just to take its crown!) The only things to get above a 5 on that meter are the spikes, this enemy, and final bosses. It is unclear where Newtron fits on the scale.
- Paw Dugan's first ever LP, of King's Quest V, is an incredibly funny and sophisticated work for someone who usually just talks about music. Probably the best part is his outrage over not being thanked after returning a woman cursed to be transformed into a tree to normal.
- Paw finally discovers why he's been carrying around that delicious custard pie: to throw in a Yeti's face.
- This bit, where King Graham has to jump across a series of stepping stones in the mountains
(stepping stone falls, Graham plummets to his doom)
Paw: GAAAAHHHHH!!....See, I told you I was gonna be pissed..Now my head hurts.
- Trask Nari is constantly made to play Let's Plays of the hardest games, such as The Impossible Quiz. Half of his videos involve nervous breakdowns. Case in point: the 110th question of The Impossible Quiz
- Vash12349's runthrough of Metal Gear Solid 4 has one spectacular moment where he makes Snake's Tear Jerker trek through the microwave hallway into an embittered rant from Grumpy Old Man Snake.
- Bobdrantz's LP of Godzilla: Unleashed is chock full of these-
- "I AM A MAN!" *punch!*
- Bobdrantz singing "Elmo's World" before realizing what she's doing and declaring "Damn you, Sesame Street!"
- The "Defective M.O.G.U.E.R.A".
- "Why am I getting sparks!? I want lasers!"
- Destroyah throwing King Ghidorah and Godzilla around like ragdolls much to Bobdrantz's amusement.
- Pelvic thrusts, courtesy of Mechagodzilla.
- Also, a glitch causes Mechagodzilla II to do....something on a hill much to Bobdrantz's confusion.
- "Uh, I don't think this is child appropriate...."
- Whenever two of the same monster appear on the screen, Bobdrantz almost always referrers to one of them as "Bob".
- "*cries like a girl* I lost to BOOM BOOM?!?"
- Psychedelic Eyeball's let's play of Blackthorne is pretty funny throughout for it's mockery of various LP tropes like That Reminds Me of a Song and Save Scumming, but when he and slowbeef pretend to be each other in a parody of guest commentary and each other, it elevates to beyond funny.
- And inspeaking of Psychedelic Eyeball...he has some crazy moments in his Prince of Persia Lets Plays.
- After he drinks a slow-fall potion...
Psychedelic Eyeball: HOOOOAAA...It looks like we're baaaaaack! I feeeeel sooooo light! And this...I want to drink the fruit-*it wears off* and diiiie!
- In his Prince of Persia 2 Let's Play, he makes a Running Gag about how the prince should not dance because it is painful, and a couple times he makes the prince dance only for the prince to be hurt. (Referring of course to the Guide Dang IT way you become the Shadow Prince)
- When he gets the new sword...
Psychedelic Eyeball: ...there is only one thing we can do...to restore those memories...WE MUST GO ON A RAMPAGE!!! DIE DIE!!
Let's see if he has any advice to say to me ...that is...if I can speak to him. Come on. Hey buddy, I want to speak to you. *Camera Screw
* Ah jesus christ. *Jump Cut
* HI BUDDY! I'M STANDING ON YOUR TABLE! PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME!
I wanna-*Camera Screw
* AAAAAH! *Jump Cut
* Please! Let me TALK to you! *Jump Cut
* Fuck you buddy. HEY! OVER HERE! Your employee here is defective! Please replace him!"
- Rooreeloo's Banjo-Kazooie Let's Plays are always good, but there's one part in particular in his Let's Play of Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts that's really great, in which he does a ski jump based challenge using all of his vehicles so far (including fan-made ones that include Shout Outs to Optimus Prime and the Delorean. But the best part is at the end, in which the vehicle starts flying around like crazy until it comes to a complete halt. See it here starting at 10:47.
- Running over L.O.G. when he mentions Canary Mary.
- Speaking of whom, his reaction to seeing her in Tooie's Cloudcuckooland is to attack her while still transformed as a bee...to no advail.
- Also, Flare Elevar's Spyro the Dragon Let's Plays are fun to watch, as text commentary is used to make jokes as well as explain things. It comes to a head here when the video is seemingly hijacked by an unknown entity, and Hilarity Ensues.
- tomers113's LP of Eversion HD: "As you can see, it starts out nice and evil." (everts to World 6-7) "And oh my God, a wall of blood." And within the same episode, World 6 failure + Yakety Sax = Hilarity Ensues.
- Tiro DVD, Let's Play Cubivore, episode 32. He decides that the epic, multi-boss battle near the end of the game is too boring, so he decides to spice it up. By reading poetry over it. The first poem is by E. E. Cummings, the second one is by Catullus and needs to be bleeped out. Watch it here.
- LuizPrower needs to be mentioned here; his playthroughs have spawned way too many hilarious moments to count, such as "DID I JUST GET SHOT?". Unfortunately, his account was hacked and his videos were deleted; however, he managed to recover some of them, including the infamous Waddle Dee video. note Ever since then, he has started over and has generated a few CMoFs:
- While there's no talking in it, the annotations in Qzecwx's Mega Man 7 and Mega Man and Bass let's play's, provided by the viewers, are really funny.
- Diabeetus' infamous Battletoads LP has the final contest between PsychedelicEyeball and GuidoAnchovies (with Diabetus playing along unofficially) to see who can get the farthest in one hour. For this troper, who had before only known Diabetus from his typically calm and composed Retsupuraes, hearing him lose his shit over the Rat Race level was hilarious.
- "Clinger Winger!/Turtle Soup!/Toad Soup, whatever!/'Cause we didn't rip off Ninja Turtles!"
- This Troperďż˝ nominates Icrangirl for this page. Whenever she gets startled, she makes these incredibly high-pitched squeaks and screams that clash a lot with her normally deep voice. Her Crowning Moment of Funny came during the second half of part 12 of her Let's Play of Brutal Mario (a Super Mario World 1 ROM hack), when she encountered what she dubbed "pissed-off Bullet Bills". Said bullets were a special flashing breed of bullet that used to be exclusive to that game; they came at the player suddenly and constantly homed in. Halfway through the level, she goes completely batshit and starts screaming at the top of her lungs, making such crazy quotes as "NOT NATURAL! NOT NATURAL!!!" in the process. When she's done, she breathes heavily as if she had just orgasmed, and when a friend who happened to be with her at the time says, "That was hilarious; do it again!" she makes an incredibly bitchy retort of "YOU do it!!!"
This is also Hilarious in Hindsight due to the fact that after she uploaded that video, a SMW Central user translated Brutal Mario into English. From that translation, it's discovered that this is one of a few levels where you can push R to generate a leaf shield, ŕ la whatever Mega Man game Wood Man was in. Needless to say, I bet Lily is kicking herself! >:D >:D >:D
- During Hercrabbiness's Let's Play of Laura Bow 2, there were several. However, one of the best ever was when she had to answer a riddle in hieroglyphics. And she repeatedly clicked the "L" one by mistake (thinking she was going to move to the next page). She couldn't erase it, so she just said....
Hercrabbiness: Ah crap...I can't..erase that? Well I guess you get to see what happens when you get this wrong. I think the answer is, "LLLLLLLLLLLLLL".
Late Blt: LO-LO-LO-LO-LO-LO-LO-LO-LO-LO.
- And another time...because the character Wolf Heimlich goosesteps...
Hercrabbiness: YAY! Kick the air! Kick the air! Kick the armour...Kick US! Kick the dog.
Late Bit: Why you kick my dog?
- This entire video. Even when taken out of context...it is still friggin hilarious!
- Late Blt has some fun letsplaying an indie game claled Corby's Murder Mystery. He gets frustrated about how many people ask to touch Joe's Afro. And finally he asks Joe about someone and Joe says, he wishes that she'd stop touching his hair. Lateblt starts banging his head (or fist) on the table.
- Also he makes fun of the spelling errors. "You are the study".
- How did we go this long with mentioning Sir Ron Lion Heart? I nominate the beginning of Super Mario 64 Episode C where he can only get Mario to obtain the POWER stars by squishing him into a ball.
- It's hard to pick just one moment from Slowbeef and Diabetus' Lets Play of Dead to Rights, but Chapter 14 is one long CMOF the whole way through.
- What Faceguy and Wogturt do for their Wollywog bio in part 12 of their Pikmin LP.
- This troper nominates Mechanicalhand's Angrish reaction after unknowingly falling into an instant death pit in the Dead Marsh level of Painkiller: Overdose while fighting flying enemies in the same level...and that level's condition for getting a tarot card requires using only the razorcube.
- Hello, I have diabetes. Is there anything I should know before posting this example from Diabetus/Slowbeef/Scarboy's LP of Captain Novolin?
- Arglefumph, who specializes in Nancy Drew videos actually makes some funny mistakes or just reacts funny. This and this and this are a collection.
- Unfortunately they miss several times. Like in Secret of the old clock where he fails at the sewing challenge and once accidentally sends his mouse across the screen several times. And several failures in the chase scene at the end, one where he just yells "EESH! SQUEESH! AJA!!!" and bangs on the desk in frustration.
- When he didn't realize that the mayonnaise was poisoned so he accidentally poisoned Nancy within the first 10 minutes of gameplay, and then he screwed up and gave Nancy's friend'd friend food poisoning.
- No mention on his reaction to the message in Message in a Haunted Mansion? It's in two of the current three funny moments videos.
- In "White wolf of icicle creek", he almost has it and then...misses, falling right on down.
- There are two moments worth mentioning, one in-playthrough and one meta. A) His voice for Bowser in his Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door walkthrough. B) Fans begged Arglefumph to play Kingdom Hearts. He decided to give it a try by playing Chain Of Memories
- Kuposan3's LP of The Oregon Trail 2. Part one starts rather funny, and the two people (who have to be hopped up on sugar) have more fun in part 2, and part 3 they finally die. There's a second feature where the have more people.
Supuhstar: And that is a fluffy fox.
Kuposan3: Yes it is.
Supuhstar: I want to cuddle that fox.
Kuposan3: It's because it is-
Game: Extreme cold.
game: Supuhstar has died.
Kuposan3: WHAT?! YOU JUST DIED RANDOMLY!!
- And don't forget how they mention other fun things...like when they tip the wagon over around five or six times in a row. Or discover that if you administer peppermint to Cholera, it actually works.
- Science fact: The menthol in peppermint actually is pretty good for digestive ailments, which is why it works.
- "Let's wrap the bacon around ourselves!"
- "Rub affected area with snow! Best idea ever!"
- From the second feature:"We lost a banjo! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
- Helloitsdan and Lithuaniandad's playthrough of Mercenaries 2: World In Flames has a combination CMOF and Crowning Moment of Awesome when they assassinate a target by loading a boat with C4, winching it into the skies overhead on a helicopter, and then dropping it.
- The running commentary between Dan and Dad as they banter back and forth is the stuff of legends, especially when one factors in their naturally hilarious accents and their tendency to make references to Viking mythology - or just silliness in general.
Dan: I'm not asking you to open your PDA and look up "Strange Road Shapes of Venezuela" on Viking Wikipedia!
- Also, Dad's laser guided grenade launcher that is perfectly calibrated to target civilians.
- In Part 12, the two call in a helicopter to extract an HVT. Once the HVT is in the helicopter, a rocket hits it and it plummets into the sea. It still counted.
- Immediately after, Dan and Dad have an airstrike duel.
- Later on, on a mission for the AN:
: And the AN base, as we saw (and were ever so slightly confused at for a while) is getting the, uh, Everloving Christ, is that a fair description? Yes. Getting the Everloving Christ blown out of it. (...) We have to stop them by destroying the Everloving Christ Launchers the Chinese have set up. Fortunately, we've
brought an Everloving Christ Launcher
Dad: Hold on, I'm going to steal that Christ Launcher....
- While the guys otherwise mind their own business, a civilian car freaks out when they approach and flips over for no reason. The person driving jumps out, right past their car. Her high-pitched scream makes it even funnier.
- Really, any time Dan shouts "What the fuck?!", something hilarious has just happened.
- Dan's issues with helicopters....
Dan: You know what, I'm through with helicopters. I've become totally disillusioned with them. (leaps out of helicopter in midflight into the middle of a VZ base, then realizes he's out of ammo) Oh, shit, I'm out of rockets! I wish I had a helicopter!
- Brickroadbrickroad's LP of Shantae. Watch as he meets the incredible wraparound world!
- A playthrough of Po Po Lo Crois has a rather dramatic moment ruined by the LPers Cell phone ringing while ScottishDuck17 freaks out over the bad timing.
- Wampalord's playthrough of KOTOR gives us the Jedi Training Montage (at 11:50 during the video).
- Helloween4545's playthrough of System Shock 2, which includes him freaking out at the sight of monkeys, outrage when he can't find something, and shock and horror when he finds psychic monkeys.
- Jamesman's Let's Play of Chulip has his reactions to getting "Poopie", but especially his reaction to getting a "Big Poopie" at the temple!
James: *The text "Something smells good..." appears* Ooh, something smells go~od... *Recieves "Big Poopie"* Poopie?! Winston, poopie doesn't smell good!
- "Don't fuck nobody while I'm in jail, baby!"
- Pawdugan's at it again with Alice in Wonderland for the Commodore 64. Best part so far: Alice's unusual ducking pose looks a bit odd next to the caterpillar. "Oh, that is suggestive."
- His Sanity Slippage after an ungodly amount of backtracking gets him access to a new door...which he can't go through. He goes absolutely silent for about three seconds and you can just feel the murderous rage building up.
- "Backtrack backtrack fucking backtrack gotta do this shit, again! Backtrack backtrack fucking backtrack..." Now available in sing-along format, having originated from Paw's review of Total Distortion.
- From an LP of Jump Start First Grade, Let's Player Dshban meets the Glop Monster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiaTRiUHZjs&NR=1
"This is exactly how you fly a plane, ladies and gentlemen."
"This is how a bear would fly a plane, anyway."
You'd think they'd take him to Ye Olde Asylum and give him a lobotomy. How do you give a car a lobotomy? Remove its transmission, or drain its anti-freeze?
- Part 14 of TyrantSabre's LP of The Saboteur opens up with a very unusual sight: Sean Devlin being dragged halfway across the Parisian countryside under a train. The laughter of the guest commentators continues almost unabated for nearly a minute, not to mention TyrantSabre's Incredibly Lame Puns:
TyrantSabre: This is how Sean Devlin shaves in the morning.
Enigmatic Cardboard: "Hurts like a bitch, but it gives a close shave!"
TyrantSabre: How is Sean like his cigarettes? They both get taken out for a drag.
- And when the laughter starts dying down, the train passes a Nazi who spots Sean and sounds the alarm.
Enigmatic Cardboard: Ooh, you're in trouble now!
TyrantSabre: YOU CAN'T CATCH ME! I AM UNDER A TRAIN!
- And when it dies down again, Cardboard provides us a bit of Hilarious in Hindsight:
- Making this even funnier is the fact that the previous video closed with Sabre finishing a mission and escaping the pursuing Nazis by jumping on top of a train passing under a bridge...and missing, causing Sean's death.
- The LP of Dante's Inferno has many moments of pure humour.
- Oyster fighting Heat Man blind, with his navigator, Raocow.
- Research Indicates' LP of Jurassic Park: Trespasser has few amusing moments, but one that particuarly sticks out is when he can hear a raptor, but can't quite find it in the Town level.
Research Indicates: *Goes outside the diner* Now, I can hear [the raptor], I know he's over here somewhere... *Cue the raptor jumping down off the diner roof, almost landing on him* Good Christ! Son of a bitch! *Shoots the raptor*
- The wonky physics of the game make the entire thing rather entertaining even when not intended, but by far the funniest bit is in the final level, where a pair of raptors manage to surprise RI from behind, only to trip over themselves and fall off a bridge while trying to chase him across it.
- When Zeta Plays plays a horse-raising Japanese game, the first thing he does is SELL THE HORSE. And then people start stealing his "coat hanger collection".
- Then there's also when he plays "Richard Scary's Busytown", and the game promises to be the "Most Fun Game Ever". Needless to say, by the second video he decries it as false advertizing.
- And in his Minecraft videos, after narrowly escaping death, and attempting to cower behind a tree, he accidentally throws a piece of pork. He freaks out.
- Slowbeef and Diabetus' Metroid (Prime/Echoes/Corruption/Fusion) LPs. Whether it is slowbeef's total lack of skill or the two doing their Ridley impersonations, every video has something hilarious.
- A mix between this and Moral Event Horizon: In Spoiler Warning's LP of Fallout 3, after being forced to set up Three Dog's satellite in order to "spread the good word", the group shows him their appreciation of what he's done for them... With a grenade to the pocket.
- concordat's LP of Star Fox 64 is a very well-done subtitle video series, not to mention it boasts excellent background musical substitutes. Most notably, for the "Mission Accomplished" run of Macbeth, in which you have to kill the boss by flipping the eight switches to change the train tracks, driving the train and the boss directly into Andross's factory to blow it up, he uses the only song that could possibly do the explosions justice. Watch for yourself.
- You will find this in EVERY SINGLE ONE of SlimKirby's Let's Plays. No exceptions.
- Musical_Daredevil, Rainbow Six 3, Operation Falcon Hour. It goes about as well as every other mission he's gone on at this point, until he's trying to escort the hostages out of the area and the AI-controlled Red team steals one of the hostages from him.
- Dr. Flard's LPs of Mushroom Kingdom Fusion generally have at least one of these per video, but get especially hilarious when Lars Luron (his brother) makes a guest appearance, for those of worlds 6 & 7.
- Tatsuhiko's LP of The Oregon Trail 2 also have a lot of funny moments. In one, "Bob" gets a sprained ankle, bitten by a rattlesnake, and has a common cold at the same time. So the result?
Symptoms: Blurred vision, coughing, disorientation, dryness of the mouth, fever, Nausea and vomiting, pain, runny nose, slurred speech, sneezing, sore throat, swelling and internal bleeding, swollen painful joint."
Tatsuhiko: Holy shit, look at all those af-afflictions! He's like the sickest person in the world right now!
- In Dazzling Addar's LP of Donkey Kong 64, while playing as Lanky in Crystal Caves, he reaches the second beetle race and explains how much easier it is than Tiny's race earlier... only to be stopped in his tracks by a Squawks tutorial while the beetle builds an insurmountable lead. After losing this race and getting knocked out of the race by a midair collision from behind on his second attempt, he finally succeeds on the third. To celebrate, he cuts off his commentary entirely, forcing supporting commentators Vicas and Brother Entropy to carry the rest of the video themselves. Blind.
- Is that all? There are several moments and complete videos throughout the playthrough. One video in particular features the Crystal Caves boss fight and Vicas waits until the end of the video to tell Addar that he (Vicas) couldn't see any of it. Cue splutters from Addar and laughter from the culprit until the video cuts off.
- Or, Vicas's reactions to Snide's extending boxing glovenote , and the Vampire Frost Tomato from, coincidentally, Lanky's Crystal Caves video.
- In Creepy Castle, while playing as Diddy, Vicas's and DazzlingAddar's Mad Libs Catchphrases interact in an amusing way:
Brother Entropy: This is so retarded.
Vicas: I like it retarded.
DazzlingAddar: Well, speaking of retarded...
Vicas: Ooh! I love it retarded!
DazzlingAddar: You're the worst...
Brother Entropy: We're getting into a little feedback loop here...
- HyperSonicX2's Let's Play of "I Wanna Be The Fangame", part 33: At one point, he gets hit by Kamikaze Watermelon. His reaction: ".....uh.... please don't tell me that was the Kamikaze Watermelon.... what the.. that has got to be one of the most random references so far. ...What the hell?" When he double checks to see if yes, it is indeed the watermelon he says he finds it genuinely funny.
- classichomer and Jourichio play The Invasion 2 (the standard Super Mario Bros X levelpack) and end up going through the ice world to world 4's "Dungeon of inappropriate phrases". In the level just prior, Jourichio (who frequently ends up getting killed, mostly due to his own ineptness at the game) got a yellow yoshi. What happens next must be seen to be believed. (It also doubles as a crowning moment of awesome for Jourichio, considering the trouble classichomer had with the level)
- In OGT: Life and death 2, there is all sorts of stuff that is only funny because it's in a game. Examples of this include his treatment of drug addicts:
- "This person's got tiny eyeballs... I know what his problem is. He's addicted to morphine. This is the only condition where you'll find this. There's only one thing to do to addicts around these parts." *he then clicks on the needle, then on the patient's eye*
- "More morphine! Fuck you!" *stabs the patient's eye*
- "Oh...I feel bad killing an old woman..." *notices she's addicted to morphine* "Oh you know what? No I don't. This'll cure your drug problem!" *sends her into the MRI when she has a pacemaker*
- Then finally at the end he just takes the scalpel and covers the entire patient with red.
- Master Knight DH shows just how amusing Caulder humiliating Greyfield is. Not bad for a math genius.
- During Team Four Star's Left 4 Dead 2 LP:
"This is a- this is a closet."
"It's a safehouse now!"
"This is our base of operations."
"We will live here forever. WE WILL BECOME A FAMILY."
- Malus Calibur tends to break into random song to the tune of whatever piece of music is playing. However this time he goes absolutely bonkers at the end when his emulator decides to fail on him.
- Anything Kikoskia ever does. Especially his let's play of Doom 3. "Super Happy Fun Lift! Super Happy Fun Lift!"
- This speedrun of the original Mega Man, where, basically, the game itself turns into a glitched mess.
- Full Hit Points made a Let's Play of The Oregon Trail 2 wherein he and a friend intentionally did terrible things like told someone who was bitten by a rattlesnake to get exercise, rubbing snow on frostbite (Resulting in gangrene) and literally hamming it up when they got sick of Cholera.
- Epee Em's LP of Mega Man Battle Network 4, 5 and 6 is rife with these. There's the Fuckup Tally that continually rises throughout 4, for one, as well as any instance of the Anger Impact faces being used.
- One particular moment during his playthrough of 4 is this:
The siren call of dark powers... *Loads Infinite Zenny code* I embrace this newfound might. *Adds Fast Gauge
to folder as Regular Chip* Ahh...this is how it should be. Power. Real power. I simply took what was rightfully mine. Pitiful code, weep at the knees of your god. You drag out my progression ridiculously, inhibiting my natural growth. 21 updates in, and my resources are still meaningless. The previous game was concluded by now. What say you, code? What possible retort do you have, in your feeble attemp- (Cue the Blue Moon tournament's first scenario being the Watergod scenario
) SON OF AN INFERNAL FUCKING THUNDERCUNT.
- In Zorak's Endless Ocean lets play, he and Chorocojo find a polar bear on their ship, leading to an explanation of polar bears with footage of coca cola commercials And brief flashes of bloody mauled baby seals, walruses, whales, and your dog, and ending with:
Chorocojo: Fuck you bear! go back to Canada!
Chorocojo: So what did you learn Zorak?
Cue several seconds of silence with images of the President and a poorly drawn monkey, and a phallic looking chair rapidly flashing, and then cutting to an image of underwater elephants
Chorocojo: My thoughts exactly.
- Game Chap's videos are filled with funny moments, but some of the funniest are when they are playing with the Herobrine mod in Minecraft. Specifically, when they find a letter "E" made of glowstone, which turns into a Running Gag in all of their other Herobrine videos.
Gamechap: "Wait a minute - look there's an E over there old boy! E!"
Bertie: "I should say-E!"
Both: "EEE! EEE!"
Gamechap: "WHERE DID THE E COME FROM?!"
- Northernlion's let's play of The Binding of Isaac where he states "Never thought I was ever gonna say that in my life" every time after he says something weird.
- Jedi Jesus ignores someone who has his arm stuck in a wall◊.
- A Let's Play of Shenmune done on Livestream by a Xanthus Anon had one episode where he was racing forklifts and crashed into almost everything in sight as he tried to race them, swearing and cursing every step of the way. One of his friends then drew a pic of him driving a forklift saying, "Who the fuck races these things anyways?"
- And another Let's Play on Livestream of Life and Death 2: The Brain, Digitalpotato proceeds to do all sorts of terrible things to his patients:
- "There's only one thing we do to drug addicts in THESE parts!" *pokes the patient in the eye with the needle*
- Another time he got a morphine addict and said, "You're not gonna feel this," as he poked them in the eye with the needle.
- *draws a lightning-bolt-shaped scar on the patient's head* "She shall be MARY Potter!"
- When he intentionally fails at a subdural hematoma operation...
Digitalpotato: Now we just gotta suck this blood up.... *holds the suction too long*
Game: You sucked out part of the patient's brain.
- And another time he tried to legitimately do a Subdural Hematoma operation...and turned the head the wrong way.
- *draws a smile on the patient's face* "Well I did just put a smile on their face... whaddya you think?"
- Another time he gave the patient a blood beard.
- After a couple more patient kills, out of nowhere, he picks up the needle... and pokes the patient in the eye and says "Oh I slipped!"
- In part 2 of Jellykuf's LP of the indie game One Night, he has a minute-long breakdown upon encountering the game first jump-scare.
- "BikdipOnABus" has some funny moments, but it's mostly due to his utter randomness...
- Dap642 has a Let's Play of Morrowind, and as he enters the Disappointing Last Level part of the main quest... he really starts to get frustrated. Especially when he escorts Wisewoman Sinnammu to a dungeon, prompting her to say "Hey wait for me!" a dozen times. He is not amused.
"If you say that again, I'm going to doom the prophecy and shut off the game."
"Hey wait for me!"
"She's just bound to get stuck on something...oh no..come on. Hey! Wait for me! If that happens...Someone's going to pay dearly at the end of the-"
"Hey! Wait for me!"
- Nidoking's LP of Rayman has him speeding up the infamous trumpet section of Allegro Presto...to classical music and Benny Hill. To add to the humor, he only screwed up there twice on that run, just looping those two failures for the audience's amusement.
- gravyflood's LP of Morrowind gives us the day to day life of Lizard Wizard Mage Mage, an Argonian Nightblade off to save the world. At his own pace of course.
- supergreatfriend tends to add very humorous commentary to his videos, and his Let's Play of Deadly Premonition has this gem:
You eat a zombie and you die.
- shenryyr2 playing Bridge Construction Set: In one of the later missions, the bridge can hold a large train, but somehow cannot hold a small train, although not in the way developers intended. Test was eventually narrowly passed.
- From ArachCobra and Rhanar Narra Jar's let's play of Guild Wars, Cobra scolding Rhanar for wanting to pull the firing lever on a captured enemy catapult out of curiosity ("What do you think is going to happen when you pull the firing lever on a catapult?"), then later on figuring out that it might be the only way to destroy the other catapults that would kill them if they tried to go further. Which it did. By stampeding a bunch of yaks.
- In yourleadingman's Let's Play of Geist, at one point he leaves a soldier he'd been posessing in order to go through a slipstream, just as another soldier walks up. Later on he comes across same dead end, with the soldiers still there, and this happens...
- This troper is fond of pattythedog615's "comedic overview"/LP of the first Dark Cloud game, complete with lots of jokes, references, and excellent editing. See the first part here.
- Zorak and Chorocojo's Man vs. Wild LP is full of hilarious moments. The sheer hatred and antipathy that slowly emerges from the two is great, especially with the really stupid surprising shit that happens.
- Angie Gallant's Let's Play of the demo and full version of Hatoful Boyfriend is filled with hilarious moments, as it follows the adventures of Cloaca Mahoney at St. PigeoNation. In particular though:
"I LOVE YOU MURDEROUS FAT BIRD" (during Shuu's route)
"I am filled with pride over a character I named Cloaca Mahoney fighting for her inter-species love. THIS F**KING GAME." (during Ryota's route)
"[...] In any other context I would find the idea of cuddling up with a narcoleptic and sleeping with them without their knowledge really creepy. But this game has so warped my standards for what qualifies as "creepy" anymore that I find myself ok with this. And that's a pretty horrifying realization." (during Nanaki's route).
- From Angie's LP of Matches And Matrimony (a Pride and Prejudice Dating Sim), there's her horrified reaction to Mr. Collins. Then, when she's forced to marry him, she considers it the "Bad End". On top of all this, when Angie tries again, she has to reject Mr. Collins three times.
"Wait, what? I don't get a choice? BUT MY WILLPOWER IS 62 WHY IS THIS HAPPENING"
- Bacter's Let's Play of The Colonel's Bequest comes with a plethora of supplemental features giving behind-the-scenes information on the game and buildup to a pair of alternate endings written for the LP. This includes the "What's Eating..." videos, which looks deeper into the motivations of the various characters in noir style. And then there's "What's Eating Gertrude Dijon?"
- Psychedelic Eyeball's LP of Super Meat Boy, during his playthrough of Expert Remix, has his reaction to level 13 and its impossible-to-look-at color scheme.
Psychedelic: And with that said, I no longer have eyeballs. Thank you and good night, I cannot comment on this one video anymore because I cannot see anything.
- In Keltena's LP of Exit Fate, they start one update by saying they don't feel up to writing commentary, so they just took the screenshots and handed it over to someone else. Namely, Bruce Erickson. Cue an entire post full of griping about how Daniel gets all the attention, gloating whenever things go badly, and being horrified when they agree on something.
- From xarph's and Kenlon's Half-Life: Decay LP: the entire Running Gag of Kenlon killing Dr. Keller for no reason whatsoever; this is especially true in the first mission when Kenlon does it right at the very end of the mission, causing xarph to completely lose his mind.
- In this co-op lets play of Guild Wars 2, one player, ArachCobra, gets an ability that triggers whenever he revives someone. Obviously he wants to test it out, so one of the other players, Warlord, decides to jump off a cliff. The first two cliffs aren't high enough. The third one is, but before the rest of the team can climb safely down, three other player characters come out of nowhere and revive him.
- Men Drinkin' Coffee's blind run of The Video Game of the Film of the Book The Golden Compass (YouTube videos start here). The whole thing is so gut-busting it ought to have a warning label, mostly because the game, being a tie-in for a not particularly well-loved film based on an imaginative and conceptually complicated book, is, naturally, bad. The thing is, it's bad in ways that are really... special. For one thing, there's the fact that the game designers have done the equivalent of an exhausted parent who doesn't really want to read a bedtime story and just makes shit up based off the pictures with regards to the plot, and watching the team try and piece together what's going on is a hoot. For another, there are the baffling game mechanics, of which we will not dare ruin the fun by revealing them here aside from two words: sloth-whip.
- From a Something Awful Lets Play Race of Sonic 3 & Knuckles. The actual race was such a long train-wreck that the main race video was removed and a "Best moments of..." video was put up in its place. From comments at the expense of other player's family members, RatherWatchThem crashing the race chat to play another game, to everyone except Slur and Maswastaken quitting the race to play something else while insisting they were still in the race, but simply stuck on Sandopolis Zone. Even funnier when Catsworth stops trying to hide the fact that he's playing a different game.
Slur: So I'm dealing with 2 drunk people. One whose clearly not playing Sonic.
Catsworth: Totally playing Sonic.
Slur: You're NOT playing Sonic! You are making no sense in-
Catsworth: I'm on the... I'm on the Sand-Egg-oclypse... Death Zone.
Slur: Okay, so I'm dealing with 3 drunk people. I am the only sober person in this race. Fuck me!
- Lady Nighteyes' LP of Radiant Historia is about equal parts Lampshade Hanging, snarky jokes, and passionate love of the game... except when there are spiders. The first time one shows up, she explains that they are "basically death incarnate," Turn Breaks it so it can't get in the second turn it needs to KO everyone, and nukes it. But the next one...
- From the mega-spoiler post at the end:
- Geop takes on Dark Souls blind, with Vicas as his navigator. The quest of Goonther ensues.
- Geop spends most of the game fairly calm and deadpan. Generally, the best moments are when the game manages to genuinely rattle him.
- Pretty much any time Geop gets invaded by a Black Phantom, especially the second invasion in Anor Londo. Goonther manages to get behind the invader as he spawns, resulting in the invader running through most of Anor Londo before he realizes where Goonther is hiding. Later, it turns out that the invader opened a shortcut, saving Geop and company a lot of misery. Vicas declares him the best invader ever.
- The first time Geop encounters a Mimic. Goonther finds a message on the floor saying 'Be wary of chest' and then sees a ghost dash in and stab the chest madly. Meanwhile, Vicas and Kuvo try to goad him into opening the chest anyway. Then, Goonther chucks a Fire Orb at it:
Geop: Aaah! Good God! That is- aaaaah! It's like something out of a Tim Burton movie!
- The opening to Episode 69, where Geop opens by narrating in a spooky voice and waving a skull lantern at the camera.
- Episode 70, where Goonther takes on The Great Hollow.
- Everything that happens after he meets the mushroom people.
- In New Londo, Geop mentions that he's stopped paying attention to the lore. This comes back to bite him, when he tries to take on the Four Kings - without wearing the Covenant of Artorias. Kuvo, Vicas, and Squint end up in hysterics.
- "Dark Souls will be right back after a word from our sponsors."
- When Geop gets to Gwynevere, he finds two of the best messages ever: "Be wary of bleeding" and "Imminent holding with both hands."
- Dslyecxi is a relatively well known representative of "Shack Tactical", often abbreviated to ScackTac, who often play more serious "MilSim" games like ARMA and the Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2. This does not mean he can't be a funny guy, as one incident from his video "Falleujahville" illustrates:
: (After chasing an enemy player into a building and spraying the room hitting the enemy only once before the clip empties) Well, this is awkward. (Enemy soldier goes prone and begins to "chase" him as he runs around in circles)
HELPHELPHELP HOLY SHIT, HELP!
- The Time Warriors, consisting of Coolguy and TheLastRoboky, play War for Cybertron. A major highlight includes Roboky's astounding Starscream impression.
Megatron: Starscream, what is taking so long?!
Roboky: It's very difficult level Megatron, I'm doing the best I can.
- Two moments from an Italian L.Per: an Amusing Injuries moment at the beginning of this montage, and a scare in Outlast caused by him being distracted by a falling bottle.
Guys, this game's sense of humour is one of the things which leave me the most perplexed, you don't understand WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?
- Davian Korran's Let's Play of Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura... starring Inspector Javert. Among other things, Javert refers to Virgil exclusively as "Imbecile," concludes that since he's Surrounded by Idiots he must be in England, and seriously contemplates how to put a ghost under arrest. And that's just the first chapter.
Monsieur le Prefet.
While I had initially decided against filling out this report until I had means of delivering it, certain recent events bears addendum. Firstly; I am dateless. Ever since my misplacement, I have had no means of measuring time reliably. Secondly; while I have made the field decision the undead are malicious beings to be slewn, preferably with fire, it has now been nearly six months since my last arrest. My dereliction of duty must be noted that I may be disciplined upon my return.
- Before Roukanken someday receives his own page, let us quote this from his playthrough of Magical Moerin note :
Moerin: 'Okay~ Let's make our way in!'
: "...Why are you ringing the doorbell? Do you expect evil to have manners?"
: 'I thought that acting like a moron was part of the whole Magical Girl
Kirk: "Ah, excellent point. Continue."
- This immortal line and moment from hbomberguy's LP of Alone in the Dark 2008:
Also, if you try to jump over the car, you die
- Kaubocks and Panzer Skank's LP of Saints Row 2 is chock-full of hilarious moments.
- DanTheEnigma during his Chrono Trigger LP decides to have a little fun with the Evil Chancellor by dancing on the human bridge composed of the chancellor and two soldiers. It Makes Sense in Context...
- Iron Chitlin's Let's Play of Legend of Grimrock is immediately promising with Chitlin's error-prone playstyle, the other commentators riffing on him mercilessly, BestFriendSkull's portrayal of a neurotic insectoid Squishy Wizard, and the mere fact that one of the heroes is named John Galt. And then the party stops to rest and UZWorm pulls out his accordion.
- Nine-gear Crow goes through most, if not all, of  not only going into detail about the backstory and development of the games, but also doing it in the style of The Dark Id. Many moments of the LP are summed up as: Leonard is dumb.