Lets Play: Helloween 4545
Helloween, sucking MOST of the tension out of the atmosphere for 4 years running, and that's why he's awesome.
— A comment on Youtube describing Helloween4545 perfectly.
Helloween is a British LPer
who plays Survival Horror
games and he does so as a complete Cloud Cuckoolander
who plays with zombified dogs, names any shotgun type weapon 'Mr Shotty'
, and is prone to an occasional psychotic episode once in a while. He also has named a few monsters
(who hasn't?) and described horrible things that happen to a man named 'Bob'. His main weaknesses are ladders, and lockednote
account can be found here
Tropes that apply to Helloween4545 and his videos:
- Angrish: When really frustrated he'll start speaking gibberish for a short while.
- Made hilarious(er) when it's sped up, and he sounds like an angry chipmunk.
- Arbitrary Gun Power: Not a fan as he often bemoans his fate of firing peas and enemies who soak up tons of damage
- Berserk Button: "CRYPTIC BULLSHIT!"
- He also has this reaction when dealing with "fake brits" (i.e. people impersonating British accents... poorly)
- At the end of LPing Clive Barker's Undying and hearing the stock phrases of 'STUCK' 'JAMMED' and 'WON'T BUDGE' a million times, he developed a few issues about doors.
- After scaring the bejesus out of him in the first F.E.A.R. game: "GODDAMN NINJAS!"
- His hatred of monitors applies.
- Lazy console-to-PC ports cause him to go on mini-rants.
- Catch Phrase:
- "Well, this seems legit."
- "Jolly good." and "Good stuff."
- Chew Toy: Is there a way to die horribly? Bob has experienced it.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: I would guess someone is one if they talked to corpses and pretended they talked back, as happened in Dead Space 2, at the end of the first set. Not that it's a bad thing.
- Halfway through his Alice: Madness Returns LP, he randomly split off a second persona called Helloween #2 (who sounded exactly like Helloween) to banter with since Alice wasn't cooperating; a few videos later he spawned Helloween #3 (who also sounded exactly like Helloween) – because #2 had gone on holiday – and they had a conversation about how Helloween #2 is crazy and no one should listen to a word he says.
- A lot of his fans think his survival horror focus has scared him well into insanity.
- Continuity Nod: He tends to make a lot of references to his older LP's.
- In Claire he says "Jammed" and "Stuck" in an Irish accent, a few times when Claire finds jammed doors. A reference to his Undying LP
- Death by Falling Over: Occurred frequently in Cryostasis due to Alexander's feeble legs.
- Happens to Helloween often, courtesy of his archnemesis, ladders.
- Goodies in the Toilets: Trope Namer and the one who suggested it's existence as a trope.
- Harpoon Gun: He's been favoring the Javelin Gun as of late in Dead Space 2. To the point where it was used more frequently than the Plasma Cutter. It's also the weapon he upgraded the most... which makes it his murder gun, pretty much.
- Hypocritical Humor: Gets angry at "fake brits", but he often puts on fake American accents during his Let's Plays. They're... not even close to legit.
- I Am Very British: Quite, except for one little detail (see "Spot of Tea" below).
- I Call It Mr. Shotty: As mentioned above, he has a habit of naming just about any inanimate object he comes into contact with, such as his best friend Mr. Shotty the shotgun.
- Just a Stupid Accent: Mocked in his LP of Clive Barker's Undying. Patrick, the main character, has a horrible Irish accent. Helloween imitates it when he is speaking for him. Hell apologizes to any Irish in the audience, but his attempt is MORE tolerable than the one in the game!
- Made of Indestructium: If there's ever something that cannot be broken that should normally easily shatter (such as a glass window after being shot at numerous times) it's usually made of "decentanium"
- Only Sane Man: Bob took this role in Dead Space 2, where he points out the stupidity of having only ONE power cell separating them from painful Necromorph death and suggests another one be placed in a more secure location. He is ignored. Granted, it wasn't THAT easy to reach but place a Unitologist up there...
- Place Worse Than Death: When entering levels of a game that are particularly badly burried in garbage and decay, and infested by horribly mutated monsters, there will typically be a comparison to Swindon.
- Rant Inducing Slight: About three quarters into Cry of Fear, Helloween goes into a nonstop 2 minute rant about unneccessary backtracking that has him running from one end of the level all the way back to the beginning to pick up a fuse, because the character can only carry six items at a time. Which forces him to run a considerable distance back to pick up his gun. And then the game crashes without saving any of it...
"On a scale from 1 to Annoyed, there is "irked", "slightly peeved", and "really fucked off!". And i'm deffinately up there on the whole F-scale! This is talking capital letters now! We are talking writing in post of angry capital letters with spaces and random punctuation just to make this more annoying!"
- Running Gag: Every LP has at least one of or references to:
- Sanity Slippage: As the running gags from other videos increase the less sane he seems, culminating in the 'talking to corpses', and his somewhat... sociopathic behaviour.
- Shotguns Are Just Better: Overlaps with I Call It "Vera". A lot.
- Shout-Out: Multiple. For example, several of the voices Ethan hears in Condemned are He-Man, Skeletor and Super Kami Guru.
- Skewed Priorities: Perhaps the best example comes from Penumbra in which he entered a room covered in blood, gasped, and immediately focused on a boot.
- In an Amnesia: The Dark Descent example, upon opening a cupboard full of skulls, complete with Jump Scare, he gasps 'oh god'... then picks up a skull, bashes it up and down on top of the desk, then places it daintily atop the neck stump of a decapitated mannequin and declares himself an artiste.
- Spot of Tea: Helloween does not like tea (he prefers not-diet colas), but he likes to poke fun at his own Britishness, spawning sentences like "I'd like to have a comfy chair and a coffee. No, you know what? I'll take a tea, being British and all... REAL tea, mind! I've been to America, I know what your tea is like." -From Dead Space
- Talkative Loon: The 'voice' he seems to have picked for his LPs, see Cloud Cuckoolander.
- They Killed Bob: A typical example:
Russian Scientist: How was zee reactor Bob?
Bob: I'M MELTING!
Russian Scientist: Ah, he is melting, it is working awesome.
- Weapon of Choice: Mr. Shotty
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: In Helloween's case, ladders are his Achilles heel.
- You Are Fat: Towards Issac when he's wearing the Vintage RIG in Dead Space 2. He also tends to rag on overweight characters a lot.
- He calls Ethan from Condemned a "chunky meatball", due to how slow he runs.