"There will always be goodies in any horror game toilets. Check them out, guaranteed to bring you happiness."
You're in a horror game, you're low on health and ammo and you decide to run into the bathrooms to get away from an oncoming swarm. Just when you think all hope is lost, you find ammo, health and armour discarded in the toilets.
Just when you've healed up, you turn around and a monster jumps out a previously locked stall.
This is becoming more the norm in horror video games, and most people miss it due to not needing to enter the bathrooms.
Related to Nobody Poops
, in that games where the bathrooms don't
contain useful items or information generally won't include such rooms at all. Compare Always Check Behind the Chair
- There's a clue in the petrol station's restrooms in Barrow Hill.
- Restrooms in the Dark Fall games usually contain either clues or useful items.
- Dark Fall: Lost Souls, there's a ghost and an icky grub in there too.
- In The Lost Crown, Nigel has several spooky experiences in the Harbour Cottage bathroom, and has a conversation with a little girl's ghost in the basement restroom of the museum.
- In Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches, the upstairs bathroom must be visited more than once to collect necessary items.
- In Safecracker, a series of clues from restrooms provides the combination for the final safe.
- Two of the bathrooms in Scratches contain inventory items you need, and a third (converted to a darkroom) contains some interesting photos. In the follow-up adventure, the bathroom is where the Madman In The Attic can be found lurking at the climax.
- In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, if you manage to get into the stalls in Myrtle's bathroom, you'll find that when you cast Flipendo on the toilets, various things come out such as Bertie Bott's Beans, gnomes, and pixies.
- In the PC puzzle adventure Dark Tales: Murders in the Rue Morgue, the collector's edition's bonus chapter has you hunting through a set of rooms for various items. One of the missing pieces of the grandfather clock is found inside the toilet, but your character notes that they're reluctant to put their hands into the dirty water, so you have to flush first.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, giving any piece of paper to a hand coming out of the Stock Pot Inn toilet will reward you with a piece of heart.
- Keys can be found in toilets in Luigis Mansion.
- Both Borderlands games have ammo, grenades and/or health vials in random toilets and porta-potties.
- In Borderlands 2 port-a-potties also literally bring up the loot item on a gush of water emerging from the toilet bowl.
- In Doom 3, Items such as health, armour and armour shards are often hidden in bathrooms around the game.
- Usually not the case in BioShock, but early in the first game you find the path you need to take by entering the men's room of a bar. Lampshaded with an audio diary that complains about the hole in the bathroom wall.
- The finale map of the Dead Center campaign in Left 4 Dead 2 has various items spawn inside the urinals and toilets, which include first aid kits, pills, adrenaline shots, and special ammo.
- Certain areas in the Fallout games have items sitting in toilets. Usually drugs of one kind or another. Occasionally there's a corpse with a few supplies lying in the bathtub — presumably where they hid to try to evade the nuclear bombs. Public toilets, for example in office buildings, may have medical cabinets on the walls.
- Shit Nuggets can be found inside toilets in South Park: The Stick of Truth, although in this case it's well explained in that you made them yourself.
- The Max Payne games often have health packs on the walls of bathrooms.
- F.E.A.R. 2 Project Origin often has needles and health kits in the bathrooms.