Funny: The Runaway Guys (Main Let's Plays)
For funny moments in other Runaway Guys
videos, click this link.
open/close all folders
Mario's Rainbow Castle
- The gang has one within the first two minutes of the video:
- Jon finding out Mario Party has a storyline canon, especially realizing that Wario was the Super Star from the first Mario Party game:
- For several minutes afterward, even while the others were discussing the game mechanics, ProtonJon was still hung up on the idea of Mario Party having canon.
- First episode. First turn. First dice roll:
Jon: "Alright, so who's gonna explain how a dice works?"
- This exchange from Episode 5:
- This exchange from Episode 1, after ProtonJon reacts to Shy Guy sending Wario out to sea, but ignores Yoshi when the same happens to him:
- Their amusement at Wario's German voice actor, especially "D'oh, I missed!", cheering when he says it at the results screen. What's funny is that they missed the first time he said it, when he got a Dark Star from Bowser.
- Chugga butchers Koopa's explanation:
Chugga: *reading Koopa's lines as the dialogue speeds by* "Welcome everybody, I'm your guide Koopa Troopa. This castle you see from but the rainbow disappeared, with all your own hands, I have a piece of advice in the castle, now then let's decide turn order."note
- From Part 2, when Chugga finds out that he can attack people in the cutscene. "I'm punching the dinosaur's... dinosaur".
- Throughout that board, both Jon and Chugga keep making That Came Out Wrong comments that make them sound unintentionally emo.
(About to play the lumberjack minigame)
Jon: I am a master at cutting! (Realises what it sounded like) ...myself.
(Later, Chugga is talking about how he recognised Jew Wario by his pink shoes rather than his hat, which Jon doesn't believe)
Chugga: I look down a lot, okay?!
Jon: ...That sounds so depressing!
Luigi's Engine Room
Wario's Battle Canyon
- "So Bowser, I hate to tell you this, but... your test results came back positive... positive for communism."
: SCREW YOU PEOPLE! Foot. Twitch, Twitch.note ProtonJon
: Having a slight seizure? Chugga
: AS SOON AS WE HAVE EQUAL COINS... Jon
: See, this is why communism never works. Chugga
: Exactly. Jon
: Because of Chance Time.
- When Chugga got to see Boo on the last turn, Proton Jon tried to convince Chugga to not steal his star..to no avail.
: What are you gonna do? You can steal coins from Tim and get the... *Cue Chugga taking away ProtonJon
's star* I hate you so much.
- From the same episode, during the 'Crazy Cutter' minigame, when they improvise lyrics to the Pokémon Theme.
: I wanna be the very best... ProtonJon
: Like no driller ever was? To cut them is my real test, to free them is my cause! Chugga
: *When the scores come up* Ninety-three! Jon
: Gotta catch some of them.
- It must be the shoes!
- Jon's punishment for losing the board? Being shot out of Bowser's cannon!
No! No! Bowser
, no, (gets shot out of the cannon) I'm sooRRRRRYYYY! (we cut to the group shot with Mario flying past some firework explosions) Chugga:
And you have fireworks shoved up your ass. Jon:
- A Stealth Pun moment:
- During the first game of Deep Sea Divers in Episode 2, Jon can't figure out that he has to reel Tim in to actually get a treasure chest, so Tim dives, grabs a chest, drops it, and is left floating and unmoving amidst Jon's screams while Chugga grabs every coin.
DK's Jungle Adventure
- Chugga visits Boo for the first time:
: You know what I'm doing! *steals coins from Mario* Malleo! Jon
: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Stealin' my money, my hard-earned money— (Boo only manages to steal
one coin) Chugga
: WHAAAAT?! Jon
: YEAAAHHH! Suck it, Trebek!note
- A little token from Part 3:
Chugga: So three humans versus the AI, alright! Time to see who is mightier: the brain, or SILICONE!?
Jon: That would be silicon.
Jon: ...silicone is what they use in breast implants.
*Chugga and Tim burst out laughing*
- This comment:
- After Chugga (and the AI) win on Bobsled Run:
!! The Star is mine, unless a Warp Block
screws me over, and it will! Jon:
Well, you said it out loud, so... Chugga:
Well, I was saying it out loud to try to not jinx it, though, but now that I've said that out loud, now I've jinxed it, though, but now that I've said that out loud, I haven't jinxed it, and now that I've said I haven't jinxed it, now I have
OKAY! *Chugga laughs*
Time paradox, I get it! This is not Metal Gear Solid 3
- In a moment of "Turn your headphones down", Wario survives by a thin hair when he gets saved by a raising mushroom.
Chugga: OH-HO! YEAH! YEAH!
Jon: WHAT! WHAT!?
Chugga: YEAH! YEAH! HAHAHAHAHAHA!
NCS: *laughing maniacally*
Jon: BULL! BULL!
- ProtonJon has better turns... After losing all of his coins, insult is added to injury when he gets the poison mushroom.
Jon: GAME! GAME! ME AND YOU! AFTER THIS! IN THE BACK ALLEY! I HAVE A KNIFE!
- Jon and Tim make fun of Super Mario Sunshine, a stated favourite of Chugga's.
- The guys reaction to Koopa Troopa predicting that Mario (Jon) will be the superstar, who was in first place at the time, in Episode 4.note .
Jon: You know what, game, you're okay. I don't think I'll shank you.
- Also from Episode 4, this little gem:
Chugga: How'd you shank your cartridge?
Jon: You know what, it's possible.
Chugga: Well, I guess you cut off like the edges of the cartridge slot.
Jon: I just take a screwdiver... and then, pull a Dexter.
Jon: Yes, clearly I just go "DEE DEE!"
Chugga: "GET OUT OF MY LAB-OR-A-TORY!"
Jon: That's not bad, actually... good job.
Peach's Birthday Cake
Yoshi's Tropical Island
- Chugga being accidentally racist or sexist is taken to extreme levels here:
Jon: You get more and more racist every board. I'm expecting you to just, like, say the N word, like, every five seconds by the end of this game!
- "Bowser helped me! :D"
- And later on, the same situation comes up... and Bowser ditches Luigi instead of giving him anything.
- Jon got the Poison Mushroom — again — Luigi got a warp block and switched places with him, got a regular mushroom, and proceeded to where Toad was. What makes it funny was that Luigi landed one space behind the star... and the space was a Happening Space, thus causing both Bowser and Toad to switch places. Then NCS lands on the same mushroom spot, gets the regular mushroom, and rolls one more than Luigi -- hitting Bowser. As this is going on, Chugga is laughing and Jon goes,
- Halfway through Part 3, Jon was two spaces away from getting Bowser, and Chugga was two spaces from Toad. Looks like a Foregone Victory for Chugga, right? Both of them end up rolling a 1 on the dice, Chugga landing on a Happening Space and switching Toad and Bowser's places and setting Jon up for the next Star. Chugga's reaction is appropriate. And then Luigi rolls a 2 and lands on the Happening Space himself afterwards, switching their positions again for Chugga to get the next one.
- After the first turn:
Chugga: I'm a beefcake monkey. That's what the brown is. It's beef.
Jon: And on that note, let's play Bumper Balls.
The minigame wheel scrolls down to Bumper Balls and passes it onto Slot Car Derby, then suddenly scrolls up onto Bumper Balls.
Chugga: Slot — OHHHH! YEAH! Dude! You got it back!
Jon: I got it back!
- Then, during said game of Bumper Balls, after Luigi pretty much kills himelf, leading to everyone just running around the island:
Jon: This is exciting, folks.
Running around in circles. Really bad sumo wrestling right here. Chugga: WHOOSOGGASOGGASOGGAWBBBRRRRAHHHH! *his phone rings, causing everyone to burst into laughter* Jon:
Ding dong! Ding dong!
- After 5 boards of losing, Jon won the board and delivered this speech.
Jon: I'LL LIKE TO THANK THE ACADEMIES! AND MY MOM, FOR GIVING ME BIRTH, AND MY DAD, SINCE HE WAS IMPORTANT TOO!
- In Episode 3:
NCS: Better than a sharp stick in the eye.
Jon: I could say that, I mean anything better than a- ow! That was a sharp stick in my eye! Oh, it's eight coins, never mind.
Chugga: Having one eye's fine as long as you have eight coins.
Jon: I have glasses on so I-
Chugga: You can just stick the coins in your eye.
- On Part 3, the guys played Paddle Battle (paddling down some rapids using the control stick, one player on one side with the other three on the other; get too close to the river banks and one side loses coins to the other). As luck would have it, Luigi was the 1. All three players are spinning their control sticks as hard and as fast as they can, doing their best to rob Luigi blind. Despite all this, the raft they're on suddenly rockets to the opposite bank, robbing the Runaway Guys of some money, much to their obvious chagrin.
Bowser's Magma Mountain
- The "Turn Your Headphones Down"-labeled Chance Time at the end of the board, which ends in this:
Jon: Agh, he's hugging me! HE'S HUGGING ME!
Chugga: Monkey hug!
Tim: (laughing) I am witnessing... something...
Jon: Oh, why did I go there?
I could KISS you! (Tim bursts out laughing)
- ProtonJon does a hilarious prayer at the start of the board:
"Oh Lord, please protect these four people. One being a computer. Which is actually a fat man with a German voice actor. And the dinosaur. And the monkey with a tie. And the Italian plumber. As they fight Bowser in his home of hell. Let's play, amen."
- Chugga getting a Bowser from the Star/Bowser roulette when it showed a Star, then proving it with a frame by frame. His super slowed down "WHAT?! THAT WAS A STAR!" only makes it more hilarious.
- The cavalcade of infantile humor that ensues when Chugga plays the Limbo mini-game for the first time in Episode 4, and points out DK's... interesting pose. After making a comment about Candy Kong, cue the assault of "Dong-key Kong" jokes.
- Even the computer went and made a funny at one point because of Artificial Stupidity. You'd think that having 26 coins and enough numbers would guarantee you a star, right? Well, Wario didn't see it because he paid 10 coins to go on the other path... only to NOT GO THERE ANYWAY!!! Their reactions to that moment is just priceless.
- Just before a session of Coin Block Bash, Chugga and Jon start "fighting" each other on the explanation screen, with such dialogue as:
Jon: I played a lot of Donkey Kong in arcades, I know what to do with a hammer!
- In Episode 2, while discussing Mario romhacks, Chugga somehow manages to mishear Jon saying "Lunar Magic" as "Liberace". "Liberace didn't exist until 2002?"
- The very first 4-player minigame of the board is Running Of The Bulb, a game they aced the other times they played it. This time, all four of them get eaten by the giant Boo and lose.
- The final minigame: a Shy Guy Says matchup that goes on for over two minutes. The banter between the two of them as they try to psyche each other out makes it.
- Made even better by Tim's attempts to psyche them both out.
: ('A' flag goes up) B! ('B' flag goes up) A! Jon
: Oh fuck
you, don't do that!
- After Chugga ended the Eternal Star roulette, they talk about how none of them were born. Then this happened:
Chugga (as an old man)
: Hey, way back in the old days... we didn't have... numbers. Jon
: Back in 1927, you didn't have numbers? Chugga (as an old man)
: Exactly! Jon
: Back in 1927
! Tim and Chugga laugh Chugga (as an old man)
: Back in a number, we didn't have numbers!
- There's Jon's reaction to Chugga getting a speed block... right after he got a slow block.
- Any given Chance Time.
- The first time Chance Time shows up, and Chugga and ProtonJon end up trading coins while they both had the same amount of coins at the moment.
- What ProtonJon thought of Bowser's "Pee Pee" Dance.
- This conversation:
- Chugga accidentally being racist or sexist. First it's about Peach being a woman, then Jon being Canadian, then this exchange during Knock Block Tower.
Chugga: It's-a-Knock-a-Block-a-Towah! ... I get more—
Jon: You get more and more racist every board. I'm expecting you to just, like, say the N word, like, every five seconds by the end of this game!
- This exchange:
steals Chugga's star* Chugga
: (in a high-pitched, irritating tone of voice) YEAH, PEACH HAS GOT IT! Jon
: That was a beautiful rendition of Peach's voice. Chugga
: It wasn't trying to be
- Then there's how Chugga and Jon say 'FU' to the game.
: You know what, Mario Party? FU. FU SO MUCH. Chugga
: If you see Kay
, tell her I said 'hi!'
- The discussion of "Boo and Toad's Excellent Adventure".
- Chugga's worst pun ever.
- This exchange:
*After explaining turbulence* You know, Shift happens. beat Jon:
That was horrible.
- ProtonJon's constant yawning and Chugga's Yawn Counter (it doesn't help that Proton starts making Chugga and NCS yawn).
- Chugga dubs them "Proton Yawns".
- Jon tells the projector to remember the back of his head.
- Whenever Jon has one of his talks with Bowser. These talks tend to consist of him telling Bowser something casually, as if he was a friend, while the roulette chooses an event.
- "I wanna steal from See Map! See Map's a jerk!"
- This priceless exchange for the first Bash n' Cash game:
NCS: (getting hit by hammer) Ah! My penis! My penis! Wait...
Chugga: WHAT? You can't—
Jon: This is a CHILDREN'S GAME, young man!
- THEY ATE HIM! THE GHOSTS ATE THE FAT MAN!
- During a game of "Crane Game", Peach goes for the treasure chest. The guys were quick to notice the rather unintentionally suggestive movements she did while holding the chest.
Jon: Hump that chest, Peach! Hump that chest! You show it who's boss!
- After Jon wins an important minigame that prevents Chugga from getting a star, he shouts "YEAH! SUCK IT!" Soon after, he says that he yelled so loud he hurt his shoulder.
- The only time Hot Rope Jump is played, Chugga gets burned by the rope before the characters make a single jump.
- When they play Hot Bob-Omb, Chugga holds onto the Bob-Omb during the entire mini-game and throws it at Wario at the last second, resulting in Wario losing fifteen coins (five coins for each opposing player).
- Chugga manages to destroy all the boxes obstructing his way in Knock Block Tower... and then fails the minigame anyway.
Jon: What is wrong with you?! Why did you punch?
Chugga: I-I was with the treasure chest!
Jon: You have to jump up to it.
Chugga: I did!
Jon: You punched it! You very clearly punched it!
Tim: ...That would hurt.
- Chugga reaches (and clears) 1-4, which happens to be a control-stick spinning minigame. The following discussion of Nintendo's glove program ends up sidetracking into Chugga saying he doesn't live with his mother.
Jon: ...Why did you feel the need to point that out to everyone? It's like "Hey guys, I don't live with my mom! Stop saying that on the internet, I don't! I swear!"
- Jon has to tell Chugga that playing Mario Party is not "sexy time".
- The entire bit where the guys argue back and forth over whether or not a drug dealer outside their window is Lucahjin.
Chugga: It does look like Lucahjin with a tan!
- Jon plays Crane Game and wins by immediately grabbing Donkey Kong. Chugga, being the one who plays DK, calls Jon out on this, but Jon denies it.
- The entire Knock Block Tower segment that Chugga fails at.
Jon (to Chugga): Give him the controller! Stop crying like a little girl and give him the controller! Seriously, we will take out our cameras and take pictures of this!
- There's also Jon correcting Chugga's attempt to sing the Sonic "Drowning" theme, and finishing right as he beats Knock Block Tower.
- The intro, where Chugga is reprising the opening to their first collaboration, counts too:
Jon: Uh-oh. What?
Chugga: Do you like... parties?
Jon: Oh no. I used to, but then I met you guys.
- Both times you hear somebody running into the microphone. It seems to be NCS in both instances, but that's not the funny part:
Jon: AH! That's my... controller... Why did you kiss my controller?
NCS: To make it feel better.
NCS: WHOA! I just put my hand down and—
Chugga: Don't take it out on the controller!
Jon: Tim put his hands in the way! Stop kissing the controller, Tim!
- NCS's turn at Bumper Balls. It starts with "Yup, I know a little bit about mah balls." and transitions to this.
- Jon's reaction to finding out that the final minigame is Slot Car Derby.
- This little exchange:
- When talking about a picture showing Bowser's face like it's melting:
Pot o' Skills
- At the very end, Chugga goes to the options menu to talk to the parrot. Most of what the parrot says and the lines the Runaway Guys say are funny, especially when Chugga is trying to get the parrot to say "D'oh, I missed!" He gets it at the end.
New Super Mario Bros Wii
- NCS's death at the "hands" of the very first Goomba.
- ProtonJon's several attempts to leave the others behind, especially after getting a Super Star in 1-2.
- On the character select screen:
Chuggaaconroy: I, Chugga, am going to be Mario!
Nintendo Capri Sun: I will be Luigi, because I'm greeeeeen!
Josh Jepson: I'm going to be Yellow Toad, and I'll be the best Yellow Toad you've ever seen!
Proton Jon: And I'll be leaving, thank you. *hits 1 and Blue Toad runs offscreen*
- Josh reads out Bowser Jr.'s letter in Mr. Burns' voice.
- The group finds a Pokey. Josh seems to start preparing for a "MOVE FASTER POKEY!" reference, but Jon angrily stops him.
- During the Star Coins/deaths montage in the fourth episode, they earn an extra 1-Up house. What they don't realize until after entering is that Chugga, Tim, and Josh were still Fun Sized thanks to the Mini Mushroom. The Mini-Game for earning 1-Ups involves shooting oneself out of a cannon.
- Even better: They spent two minutes chasing a Lakitu so that they could obtain one of the sky-high Star Coins. Almost immediately after Jon was finally able to grab it, he got hit by a Pokey. He was the only one still alive.
Josh: "CAN WE JUST GO TO DINNER?!"
- While Chugga is deciding which level to select next:
Chugga: "We have 2-5 and we have 2-6, so since I can count we're going to 2-5."
Everyone (except Chugga): "You can count?"
Jon: "In unison everybody said it!"
Chugga: "I can only count to 5, okay? I could tell that 6 wasn't before 5 by process of elimination."
- While riding a spinning block through the air, Jon thinks he sees a pipe, leading to everyone almost dying (and Josh actually dying) to reach it:
Jon: "There's a pipe up there! There's a pipe up there!"
Chugga: "Get it, Toad (Josh)! Get it!" *falls off, saves himself with the bubble, only to get popped by NCS (who bubbles and then gets popped by Chugga and re-bubbles) and barely re-bubble*
Josh: "I am-" *gets powered down by a Flame Chomp, losing his propellor and falling* "NOOO!" *accidentally pops NCS's bubble, causing NCS to jump and pop Chugga's bubble, with them barely re-bubbling as Josh dies*
Jon: *completely unharmed and untroubled* "Oh, I was wrong. Sorry guys."
NCS: "That was diabolical..."
- At the end, the death chart shows that NCS has died 69 times in just 5 episodes.
- And 79 times after 6 episodes, though that's a fewer average-deaths-per-episode count.
- Chugga will never live down the Steve incident. The others decided to name everything they run into Steve, which made this exchange.
Jon: Let's just name everything we run into, that's a great idea.
Josh: *After getting hit by a Bullet Bill* Steve.
Jon: Yeah, everything is named Steve.
Chugga: NO! NO! Nothing is named Steve.
- And in an ironic fashion, Chugga wanted his name changed to Steve when he was younger, since he hated his real name, Emile.
- While playing Power-Up Panels:
Chugga: (pairs up two Ice Flowers) I got a match.
Josh: (pairs up two Fire Flowers) I got a match.
(Everyone starts laughing)
(Everyone starts laughing again)
- In their first run of World 3-4, they run into a power up roulette block a short while after the checkpoint, and after much struggling to get everyone out of bubbles and safely alive, Josh hits the block just as Jon prepares to Ground Pound it... and gets the 1-Up Mushrooms, resulting in Jon landing on all of them and gaining 4 Extra Lives. Chugga's reaction just tops it.
- After Josh knocks Chugga off the spinning block of 3-5 and Chugga reacts too late: "What did you do?" "He killed himself." "Marios don't kill Marios. Toads kill Marios." "Toads try to kill Marios, and sometimes succeed." Beat "Yeah, that's about right, actually."
- On their second trip through 3-5, they first attempt to ascend the level without setting the spinning block to rise (again). After everyone loses their propellers and are forced to go back, they attempt to do it all at once via Leap of Faith. Of course, things don't go as planned...
- Josh using NCS as a human shield.
- NintendoCapriSun: "Son of a beach..."
- This exchange:
Chugga: That sounds like a really bad porn, 4 Penguins.
Jon: ...What kind of porn do you watch?!
- After earning an item house with fireworks, Chugga makes their first match: Bowser.
Text Box: Too bad... You didn't even get one...
Josh: FUCK YOU, GAME!
Jon: That's my line...
Chugga: Better game than me.
Text Box: Press 1 on the map to access your items!
- He then apologizes for swearing, which is immediately Lampshaded by the others mentioning all the swearing done in their previous episode and wondering if it's really worth censoring.
- When they reached Wendy's fortress, Chugga gave us this pun.
Chugga: WE'RE EATING AT WENDY'S TONIGHT!
- The comment section called him out on this!
- Then made more puns...
You see, Wendy's the ring master, so at Wendy's, they got ONION RINGS!
- Jon attempts to guide the others through the fortress...
- The group's reaction to seeing Cheep-Chomp, especially when it tries to swim after Luigi after he's already gone up a pipe.
- This happens:
Chugga: In the last episode we finished up World 3, and this time, so we're gonna be getting started on the world that comes after 3, I don't know because I can't count that high.
- The group trying to get a star coin from the fortress... and each and every one of them dies from falling platforms.
- The callback to the "dinosaurs aren't people" conversation. "Why are we quoting ourselves?! That's just weird!"
- The Chugga and Jon "argument" about Ludwig.
- It's even funnier because in the end, Chugga was right.
- To make it even funnier, they had this conversation in the middle of shooting the video. So, they ended up just arguing on the video for about two minutes, while on a level select screen not doing anything. It just makes it better for some reason.
- At a 1-Up house, Chugga is trying to aim his cannon, but Jon stands on the end of it, blocking him.
Jon: "WHADDYA GONNA DO? WHADDYA GONNA DO? WHADDYA GONNA DO?"
- At the flagpole at the end of a level, Jon dashes ahead of everyone, causing the screen to scroll and dump everyone (except him) in the water and not get the flagpole, while Jon gets a 1-Up. This is accompanied with yet another "Bye guys!"
- At the end of a different level (this one a Ghost House), Chugga and Jon safely reach the flagpole despite the giant Boo right in front (NCS is already dead). Josh jumps for it, but hits the big Boo and dies... literally the instant the Boo vanishes and Chugga and Jon slide down the pole.
- It should be noted this was not a coincidence. NCS was out of lives, and since Jon and Chugga were on the pole, the level ends once Josh is out of play, either through death or finishing. Doesn't make it any less hilarious
- Chugga fails to get to where Bowser Jr. is in the airship. Jon's yell of "To space!" seconds beforehand and the fact that Jon and NCS made it makes it all the funnier.
- The team's Epic Fail in the World 4 Fortress trying to get a star coin.
(NCS is squashed.)
NCS: Bah I missed.
(Jon is squashed.)
NCS: Bah he missed.
(Josh is squashed.)
NCS: Bah he missed too.
(Chugga is squashed.)
Chugga: I never knew what group suicide looked like, but…(laughs)
Jon: None of us learned from any of the others, that was great.
- This conversation, after Chugga notes how he and Josh were standing in midair due to being on a falling platform when a cutscene started:
Jon: YOU ARE WIZARDS!
Chugga: I'M GOD!
Josh: You think you're God.
Chugga: I'm not God. I'm not a god.
Josh: (laughs) You're not a god?
Josh: You're not a god. YOU'RE THE GOD!
Tim: I am a mortal!
Chugga: I am Amaterasu!
- A little gem came from a mushroom game. There was a Lakitu and 8 Toad icons. Somehow, both Jon and Josh end up jumping when Luigi opens the box that the red Toad was in.
- Jon gives us the "I am an asshole, I am an asshole" moment. He takes advantage of being the only player left to, instead of popping the bubble of Chugga, Bullet Bill Bounce an additional 10 lives. He already had far more lives than anybody else at the time, but he was trying to hit the 99-life maximum.
- If Episode 13 is the "Gratutious Bubble Abuse" episode, this episode is the one that bites the Guys HARD. Trainwreck Episode doesn't even BEGIN to cover it...
- Jesus frosting.
Josh: Geez, it's thrusting!
Chugga: Jesus frosting?
Chugga: I don't want to know what that would taste like... and how you would go about knowing it tastes like that.
Jon: Oh no...
(Later, after failing and making up lost ground)
Josh: Thrusting. I actually said "Geez it's thrusting".
Chugga: I thought you said "Jesus frosting". I was like "How would you know it tastes like that?"
Jon: It tastes like sacrilege!
- In Part 2, there's a point when they are all jumping on each other's heads in a vertical line.
- They do that a lot, actually. Mostly because it's an utter Game Breaker for acquiring Star Coins.
- Chugga, due to a wall blocking his view of Jon and Josh, causes this little gem:
Josh: Aww, Tim.
*Chugga advances further into the stage, causing Jon and Josh to be damaged*
Jon: YOU ARE AN ASS.
Chugga: I didn't even see you were there...
- Made funnier by how completely nonchalant he was.
- Chugga tries to justify various disasters he brought in Castle 7 with "I didn't do it on purpose!", which causes the entire group, especially Jon, to turn on him, in a "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you, WHAT HAVE YOU JUST SAID?!?" way. Then:
Jon: (completely serious) Say it.
Chugga: (laughs) ...it.
Jon: (deadpan) You're an idiot.
- The Runaway Guys converge on a Star Coin over a gap.
Jon: Alright, who's sacrificing their life?
Jon: Okay, you can do it, Josh!
- And later on, Chugga jumps for a Star Coin and dies right after getting it.
- Almost every time they get propellor suits, Chugga will yell "We're going jogging!" in reference to how the propellor suits remind him of jogging outfits.
Chugga: I HAVE THE POWER OF JOGGING PANTS, BOWSER!
- In an early episode, Chugga nearly makes it to the flagpole but is a split second too late, ending up basically hugging the pole at the ending scene. Yes, he was touching the pole, and it didn't register.
- In world 7-4, the guys just got the third coin for the first time, then everyone but Josh died. He made an attempt to stay alive by ducking into a ball and hiding, not noticing the very obvious Bullet Bill slowly creeping up, when it hits him...
Josh: I didn't see it coming.
Jon:" HOW DID YOU NOT SEE THAT COMING?!'
- In the first part there's this when they use a power-up.
Jon: What did lava ever do to you? Lava's here to save the world.
Chugga: And fire is a wonderful invention.
(Chugga dies when the group reach a ? Block. NCS opens it, releasing a Super Mushroom and 3 Ice Flowers; while Chugga's in the bubble, everyone takes an Ice Flower and Josh gets the mushroom)
Chugga: Thanks a lot! Wha — what are you targeting me for!? What did I ever do to you?
Jon: We've been through this before!
What did I ever do to you, honey
Josh: Um, what?
Jon: Aaaand that's where we stop the video. Good night everybody.
(cut to the end of episode screen for a few seconds, before going back to the game)
- The hilarious intro that goes on for a whole minute. Only the first couple of seconds are planned (supposedly). And while some would label it as an Overly-Long Gag, it'll keep you laughing the whole time:
Chugga: Live from PAX Prime, it is really hot in here so JEPSON! YOU'RE FIRED!
Jon: So...we're playing three-player now?
Chugga: Well, you know he always gets hired back on by the end of the episode, so we might as well have him play with us while he still can.
Tim: We need a replacement right now! You need to stick around!
You are your own replacement, JEPSON!
Chugga: Anyway, so I am Chuggaaconroy. And you Jepson, your first name is...?
Josh: Josh... Jepson...
Chugga: Josh Jepson-Jepson! And you are...?
Tim: Actually I am Nintendo Capri Sun.
Jon: You're not even PLAYING Mario! That doesn't even make any sense!
Chugga: And you are Yourenotevenplayingmariothatdoesntevenmakeanysense.
- Another incident involved a flagpole glitch similar to the Boo and Josh incident. NCS, in a rare feat of nice platforming, is able to get the 1-Up bonus at the top of the flagpole. However, he for some reason bubbles at the exact frame that he touches the flagpole. As a result, Luigi disappears from the screen and an empty bubble floats away. Cue flabbergasted reactions.
- *Chatting as they run to the flag, then the words "Warning: Turn your volume down!" appear on the screen.*
"Tim's on top-"
- It's been suggested that the reason he's been bubbling right at the end of the levels so much is that he knew about this glitch and has been intentionally trying to get it to work the entire time, which makes this even better.
- In Level 8-1, surrounded by lava and falling flaming rocks, Josh is the only one alive at the moment and freaking out. "Josh, don't fail us now!" "I will totally fail you now!" He doesn't, actually.
- "HEY JON! DON'T EAT THE HOUSE!"
- Another moment (roughly a third of the way through), this exchange making fun of how few movies Chugga's seen:
Chugga: I actually saw a movie when I was little.
movie when you were little?
Jon: One singular movie, that's all he's ever seen.
(everyone in the room laughs)
Jon: It was a good movie, man!
Chugga: It was! The effects were decent!
Jon: ... The effects of Winnie the Pooh were decent?
Jon: Gotta love that hand-drawn animation.
- Chugga tries to grab a POW Block necessary for the 2nd Star Coin, but Josh sets it off too early.
Chugga: Well, we're redoing this stage since there's a coin up there...
Chugga: GET IN HERE!
- When the group is having difficulty with 8-5. Allusions to the Freelance Astronauts aside when they did this game, both Josh and NCS had to continue, bringing their total to 12...
- While hunting for Star Coins, everybody but Chugga is either dead or above a platform that prevents them from reaching the coin. Chugga remarks about it's up to him, jumps... and falls in the lava without coming anywhere near the coin. Everybody laughs, and then to make it funnier, they were all so busy sarcastically clapping and laughing that Josh, the only one alive, didn't notice the lava coming up to him, and he died too. [[note]]Remind anyone of the Bullet Bill incident? AND THEN when they restart the level, still laughing, Jon walks two steps and falls into a lava pit just like he did earlier.
- The entirety of the battle with Bowser and the little scene afterward.
- Any time Luigi/Tim is in a bubble during a cutscene. Including the above.
*Luigi floats onscreen in a bubble*
Jon: (over laughter) Nobod- Except Luigi! *Laughs*
- The intro, both the Throw It In minute-long burp incident and the actual intro which, for those wondering, involves the guys taking part in a so-called "anger management class" that culminates in Chugga announcing himself note and Jon threatening to kill him. As usual.
- Chugga reveals an... interesting story from his past:
Chugga: "Four years old. Saw a woman in a revealing dress. 'I wish I had bouncy balls on my tummy to play with whenever I wanted! It'd be fun!'"
- Tim switches up his IN THE BATHROOM Catch Phrase to "IN THE WASHROOM" at one point, but it doesn't have nearly the same effect.
- Star Coin fail on 9-3. Twelve tries before they finally succeed. Tim's comment wraps it all up:
Tim: "The people who invented failing wanna offer us a contract."
- That might be a reference to something completely different.
- One of the main features in 9-3 Star Coin fail is when they finally get the coin, but right at the exit, Jon dies from Bullet Bills... and he's the only one alive. Cue screaming.
- And the level starts with Tim saying "Oh, well, this isn't so bad."
- According to the Guys, Tim actually sleeps IN THE BATHROOM at the hotel. Literally. He calls it "tradition".
- Any time Jon says "GO TEAM!"
Josh: Go team! Go Team What-the-Hell!
- In the final Bowser Jr. fight, Chugga learns a lesson in Tempting Fate.
*Jon throws Chugga at a fire, and Chugga bubbles just in time*
Jon: Aw, come on game!
Jon: Yeah, you know how that works. You say the game's favoring you, and then-
*Bowser Jr. drops a giant spiky bomb right on top of Chugga, killing him*
Jon: -And then that happens! *butstomps the last bomb up to Bowser Jr., killing him* And I get the kill!
- Even better, it was pretty obvious the game targeted Chugga specifically. Why? Because Tim was literally an inch away from Chugga and wasn't hit.
- Somebody (three guesses as to who) ground-pounds right beside Josh and sends him into a pit in one episode. Josh is obviously angry:
Josh: "WHO KILLED ME? WHO KILLED ME?" *indicating Chugga* "WAS IT YOU?"
- Jon and Josh officially team up against Chugga during the World 9 levels to make him use a continue. (It fails.)
- While going through one level, Jon is carrying Tim, who has an Ice Flower, essentially turning Jon into a moving ice sentry as long as Tim keeps shooting ice. And then:
: Force to be reckoned with! Force-a-nature! *falls* Oh shit!
*bubbles, causing Tim to die*
- Jon pulls out the anti-Chugga word, with predictable results.
Chugga: I'd say I trooped through it.
!! HE FOUND A WAY TO KILL ME IN THE END!
Jon: I can't kill him in the game, but I can kill him internally!
- During the intro, everyone (except Josh) introduces themselves with a fake name, and the names on the side of the screen telling who is playing as which character change to match their fake names. We end up with two Thomas Jeffersons and a John Quincy Adams.
- Jon and Chugga have each other listed in the Most Common Death Cause totals.
- Just about any time Jon kills Chugga.
- Jon's ongoing crusade to make Chugga use a continue:
Jon: You're so close I can taste it!
Chugga: You can taste my death...
Jon: And it's delicious!
- After watching the others struggle with the penguin suits, Jon takes charge... and then they get distracted:
Jon: Outta the way — professional coming through!
Jon: A professional Weegie?
Chugga: A professional plumber.
- Chugga and Jon debating who grabbed the star coins in a level:
Chugga: I got the first two coins! What are you, taking credit for my work? You know, it's not easy to just run face-first into money!
- The game punishes Chugga for a bad pun.
Chugga: [gets knocked into the swamp by a frozen Koopa Troopa (thrown by Jon, naturally)] Oh, hey, you suck!
Chugga: Hey... that was a nice kill and an ice kill!
Jon: Don't make me kill you again. [Chugga is killed by a falling Goomba] Thank you.
- At the very end of the game, Chuggaaconroy finally pays Jon back the best he can.
Jon: You sure got your revenge against me!
- The outro for episode 7:
Tim: And I've been everywhere!
- Chugga starts using a bunch of Josh's own quotes:
Chugga: Well, it's 'cause I'm sitting at an angle, that's why.
Jon: I hear you can sue for copyright infringement on that.
Tim: Yeah, you got that creative commons...
Jon: DUN DUN DUNNNNN!
Chugga: Creative commons... for saying something doesn't go at an angle.
Super Smash Bros Brawl
- At the end of the very first match — a Chugga/Jon double Kirby on Mario Curb-Stomp Battle — Chugga gets his mitts on a bumper and throws it straight down, knocking Jon right off the edge of the stadium. Chugga then gently floats down, hits the bumper, and is flung off the side himself, all in Slow Motion.
NCS: Super Kirby massacre!
- Chugga calls his cat, "Mah Boi".
- "He had stickers in his underpants!"
- Chugga and Jon 'wombo combo'-ing Mario.
- At the very start of Episode 2, Chugga ends up making yet another Incredibly Lame Pun:
Chugga: So, we're going to be starting off here on the Sea of Clouds. Told you we'd be 'seeing' you guys-
Jon: No. Don't you dare.
Chugga: (As Zelda and Kirby are travelling over the clouds) Jon, you need to get your head out of the clouds.
Jon: (groans) They just keep getting worse. Where's- I need to throw something at you now...
- It gets better when one remembers how the first episode ended.
- Later on, Jon makes a "just hanging around" joke while hanging off a ledge, and gets hit right away.
: You see?! When you make bad puns, you just get punished
- Extremely early into episode 2, the guys somehow start talking about how royalty works, when the original topic of discussion was the character select screen. It's because Tim choose to play Zelda because he wanted to be the prettiest princess, and then Chugga asked if that would make Josh the prince, since Tim was his wife in the "Meet Josh Jepson" song that he's still obsessed with, and... yeah.
- Their rule for giving everyone a chance to play is to switch off whenever they reach a selection screen. The reason it's funny is because there are times where the entirety of one of their sessions was running forward until they hit a Cutscene.
- Jon does find a way to kill Chugga: break blocks beneath him when he's player 1 to drop him to his death.
- And later, while he's not playing, Chugga keeps rooting for Jon to enter the wrong door and fall into a lava pit so he and NCS can take damage. And whenever they do fall into the pit, it's a moment of funny in and of itself.
- Chugga and Jon during a battle with loads of Mites:
Jon: Ha ha, maniacal laughter...
Chugga: Oh God, we have Mites.
Chugga: Attack the portal! ATTACK THE PORTAL!
Chugga: HAAAAAAH! *destroys the portal* HAAAAA-boom. I made the portal go boom.
- At 10:15 of episode 2, Jon has fun with the cannons, while NCS just stands off to the side, waiting.
- Anytime Chugga yells "[X]'s got a gun!"
- "Monkey's got a trophy!"
- "Monkey's got a gun and he refuses to take his medication!"
- "The monkey doesn't have a gun anymore. But he still refuses to take his medication!"
- Pretty much the entirety of the Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong level.
- During one section, some text pops onscreen to say "No commentary for a few seconds" as the commentary cuts out temporarily. A while later, with no explanation, the text appears again, even though there's still commentary going on.
- Any time Chugga blows up a Smart Bomb. Any time.
- A couple of times, one of the guys will be Player 1 and fall off a ledge, only to realize that Player 1 can't teleport (or "bubble") like Player 2 can.
- Any time Jon gets a hammer.
- During the start of episode 3:
Jon: And then it does.
NCS: We need someone like...
- Chugga tries to make out with polo shirts.
- While outrunning Porkynote , Chugga decides to annoy Jon:
Chugga: We're really outrunning him, so you know what? MOVE FASTER POKEY!
Jon: I WILL PUNCH YOU! PAUSE THE GAME SO I CAN PUNCH YOU!
- Defeating Porky results in a slow-motion shot of Lucas (Chugga) being launched away. As Jon says, "To space!"
- Chugga names one of the Bytans Joe, and then when he explains the joke, the pun is so bad it completely stops the commentary. Joe Biden.
- Jon singing the "Ninja Rap" by Vanilla Ice while playing as Squirtle.
- The gratuitous Fanservice shot of Zero-Suit!Samus descending from an air vent:
- Chugga taking the opportunity to get in "DOH, I MISSED!" at the best possible moment — just as Wario appears and misses Ness with his Dark Gun.
- Chugga and NintendoCapriSun backtracking to get a Stock Ball... and NintendoCapriSun immediately dying.
- "Speaking of Majora's Mask, here's Twilight Princess."
- During the fourth episode, they get their turn order mixed up again, and captions note that Tim should be playing that round. When they see that it's Yoshi's debut, Jon then hands Tim his controller so he can play, ironically and unknowingly fixing the order in the process.
- Doubles somewhat as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- Gets even better in the next episode, when the turn order just gets totally freaking screwed over by their mistake.
- And when they figure this out, they end up having to let Tim play 9 turns in a row to sort it all out.
- The Beige Prose opening of Episode 4.
- In Episode 5, when Chugga and Jon are too busy arguing to notice that NCS died three times in a row. It's not until they see the game over screen that they realize what just happened.
- "I want a bow that shoots bows!"
- Tim singing Jon's "I am an asshole" song. He's supposed to be the nice one!
- The return of the fake aliases "Pedro Martinez III Esq." and "Thomas Jefferson".
- After NCS misheard "Venture" as "Vengeance", Jon had this insight to offer:
- A bit of an Ironic Echo: at one point, after NCS gets two game overs in a row and starts sounding dejected, Chugga tries to sound "caring" and says "Are you okay?" in a voice that Jon (and possibly NCS) perceives as mocking. Later on:
Chugga: You're going to pay!
NCS: *mocking voice* Are you okay?
- Even better is that Chugga doesn't realize it's an Ironic Echo and only thinks of it as a rhyme.
- There was a moment in the last cutscene of episode 6. Bowser shows up to take one of Dedede's (character) statues and TRG wonder who he was there for.
: Guess who Bowser's here for! I'll give you a hint, it's not Luigi
- Jon's impersonations of Squirtle were a quick chuckle. His impersonation of Squirtle with a Super Mushroom was a laughing riot.
- The entirity of the intro to Episode 7, which includes the guys introducing themselves as characters from Home Improvement to the game crashing on them. The fact that they're recording at Jon's house instead of a hotel for once, so they can be as loud as they want, doesn't hurt either.
- The Home Improvement opening is made even funnier by how Tim doesn't get the reference and goes Off the Rails into a completely different parody.
- "WE'RE SMARTER THAN A WII!"
- The ending with Jon as Billy Mays pitching Silly Putty.
Jon: So...this has been... Billy Mays.
Jon: Billy Mays here for Silly Putty!
Chugga: Mighty Putty!
Jon: I keep doing that!
- Somehow, Chugga and Tim end up using up nearly all their lives in the span of a few seconds.
- Chugga telling Tim to grab the hammer before Charizard does in the battle against the latter. Charizard does get the hammer... and then promptly ends up falling off the stage.
- Chugga and Jon sound so similar that it might have been either of them. It's such a dry observation that it makes the actual sight of Charizard wielding the hammer look that much more ridiculous.
Jon: (nonchalantly) Someone should grab that hammer before Charizard does.
- The Call Back where part of the (in)famous "Meet JoshJepson" song was sung again.
- Made even funnier when it's NintendoCapriSun singing the "Tim, his wife!" part, since he had such a negative reaction to it at first.
- "Say hello to my nipple knives."
- The entire 'go be Canadian somewhere else' exchange (with Tim on Jon's side).
- "Like in Canada? Where we are right now?!"
- "I'M IN ENEMY TERRITORY!"
- There was also Jon commenting on one of their (many) failures over the course of Subspace:
Since we're explaining things we got wrong in the first place... we know how to fight Greaps. We're just stupid.
- During the battle with Galleom, Chugga began shouting attack names for each move the monster did.
- Everyone's reactions to how Jon somehow survived the first battle against Galleom despite being hit by almost every attack used by the boss.
- The group's reaction to Charizard pretty much One-Hit KOing Galleom in the second battle with a single move.
- The entirity of the scene where Chugga and Tim kept dying on the elevators.
- When Ridley appears in episode 9, what does ProtonJon say?
- Chugga says that Zero Suit Samus's name is technically inaccurate, as she's actually wearing a suit. Proton Jon replies to this with "It's not a birthday suit." Chugga brings up that it's Jon's birthday. Hilarity Ensues.
- Chugga's reaction to the stage they will be doing next time when he realizes what happens at the beginning of the stage. ProtonJon's reaction makes it even better.
- Fun with Pikmin! (OK, more like fun with Steve, but...)
- When ROB flings the Pikmin off of him, Chugga yells "NO, STE-"...and then denies it.
- "HE KILLED EVERYONE BUT THE JOKE!"
- Jon cheerfully re-enacts a conversation between Olimar and Steve while Chugga (fake) sobs in the background.
- Chugga reeeeeeally doesn't want to play as Steve. Jon is enjoying this way too much. (Maybe because he can't actually kill Chugga in this game, and this is his way of getting revenge?)
Jon (Chugga): (NO!) YES! So, (No!) so I've got both controllers in my hands right now, cause I'm not letting Chugga touch (No! No no!) it just yet, and I believe it's Chugga and NCS... (Give me that... NO!) and Chugga is player 1 (Give me...), so he is playing as Olimar. (No, why?! No...) So Tim, who would you like to be?
- Chugga throwing Pikmin off the stage while yelling "DIE! DIE! DIE!"
Jon: "You're starting to scare me, actually."
Chugga: "Starting to?"
- This continues on in Episode 13. "Someone grab his controller!"
- Jon as Captain Falcon
CAP! TAIN! FAL! CON!
- Captain Falcon is BATMAN!
- "Falcon's nipples, they are very prone to explosions, it is very messy. Captain Falcon apologizes in advance."
- "YES CAPTAIN FALCON! BENCH PRESS THAT ROB!"
- "Captain Falcon is parallel parking."
- Jon praying that Meta Ridley gives him a chance to Falcon Punch him. Meta Ridley grabs the side of the Falcon Flyer and starts dragging it down while shooting fireballs. Jon, seeing his chance, yells "I LOVE YOU RIDLEY!" and makes his move... Only to get hit by a fireball and killed.
- Tim made an epic recovery while playing Captain Falcon... without actually knowing he was playing as him.
- "I "meta" game? Like what, at a club?"
- Chugga's midichlorians were off the scale, and he might fulfill that prophecy~
- "That was funny, whatever it was."
- Anytime Nana gets killed in the stage, especially Jon's reactions to it.
- Chugga finally uses a Smart Bomb correctly... only for an enemy to knock him into its explosion anyway.
- "WE'RE MONKEYS!"
Jon: You two doin' okay in here...?
Chugga: We're monkeys!
Jon: I- (beat) I know.
- Tim and Chugga are fighting the false princesses and throw a Deku Nut, but they accidentally end up only stunning themselves with it.
- Jon realizes that since they're in his house, he can kick Chugga and Tim (mainly Chugga) out whenever he wants. He's overwhelmed in awe.
- So awed, in fact, that for awhile the only thing you hear him say is:
Jon: I can kick you out of my house! I- I can kick you out of my house! Oh man! (reverently) I can kick you out of my house...
- The guys discuss Hawke and Chugga asks if his first name was Mike. Mike Hawke. Figure out why that's funny. But wait, there's more. After that, Chugga and Jon simultaneously kick Chugga (yes, Chugga actually helped Jon with this) out of Jon's house, leaving Jon and Tim alone to sign off for that episode.
- And the next episode, Chugga's return. Jon and Tim introduce themselves and start wondering if they're missing someone. Then:
*knocking at the door*
Jon: OH JEEZ, I LEFT HIM OUTSIDE!
Tim: Oh no!
Jon: Dude, dude! *opens the door* I... Jeez, are you okay?
Chugga: Next time you leave me out there, move faster, Pokey!
Jon: Oh you... you're going back outside, now!
Chugga: For another week?!
Jon: I unlock the door and everything, and this how I get treated!
- Duon. It takes Tim and Jon six tries to defeat it.
- Here are some of the highlights from the Duon battles:
- An unfortunate yet hilarious moment of battle choreography: against a group of sword-wielding Primids, Chugga (Pikachu) comes across a smart bomb and a green shell. His approach knocks the shell at an enemy, who hits it back with its sword, which knocks Chugga into another enemy, who knocks him off the stage. The shell also hits the Smart Bomb, which sets it off, catching multiple Primids and NCS (Samus) in it, which ends up killing NCS. No one in the group could work out what just happened, how many lives were lost in the confusion, or whether or not Chugga improperly used another smart bomb.
- After discussing Superman 64:
Chugga (to Jon): Dude, this [episode] could come out a year from now and you would not be that far [into your LP of Superman 64].
Jon: Well fuck you, too!
- Jon pointing out that an upcoming segment of the game will feature the return of Captain Falcon, meaning the return of Olimar and "Steve" as well. Chugga is horrified at this, especially when Jon points out that Chugga's next turn would have him playing that segment.
- Jon's unexpected Big "WHAT?!" when Chugga mentions he doesn't like the music currently playing.
Chugga: I never liked this song that much.
Jon: WHAT? I love this song!
Jon: It's called jazz music.
- NCS singing "In the bathroom" in an effeminate, vaguely English accent. "Een the b-ah-throom!"
Jon: In the b-ah-throom?
- Some time after discussing Fox and Falco crashing their Arwings (right before the infamous Duon battle), we're treated to this exchange:
Chugga: And robot Dialga is like... Siamese twins with robot Palkia.
Jon: Oh, there's Falco. He just felt like showing up.
Chugga: He just jumped out of the plane again.
Jon: [Chokes back laughter] He just — I hope those things have autopilot, otherwise...
- Chugga trying to take a stab at Jon's update schedule for the second time in two minutes:
Chugga: You know what, no 'move faster, Pokey'. Your letting me back in the door and remembering me was like your upload schedule.
Jon: Was that actually supposed to be funny?
Jon: That means no, right? (NCS stutters) Tim has nothing to say on the subject!
- Chugga pointing out Jon's borderline psychopathic tendencies... and Jon doing nothing to dispel the image.
Chugga: You blew his head off with a missile!
Jon: He didn't need it.
- More puns from Chugga after Snake (Tim) gets a mushroom:
Tim: I can't fit through the door...
Chugga: It's Anaconda!
- The commentary on Sheik.
Jon (probably): She's my dream man!
- The entire ending on episode 12. The guys just seem so awed by the epic fail of the Duon fight, you can hear it in the way they're talking.
Chugga: Dude, we need to give them at least some content.
Jon: That was content! Just not very good!
NCS: I... I-I-I... zoned out.
Jon: Stop the video now.
- In episode 13, Jon and Tim are picking their characters for a stage, and Tim chooses Fox.
Jon: So I've got two of my favourite characters, and you've got...two...I guess...do you like Fox?
- Tim singing about Subspace to the tune of the Forest Maze music from Mario RPG. Then:
: *still in tune* We will be here for a very long time... *Beat
* I have nothing with that that would rhyme...
Tim and Jon: *laughter*
- While Jon is carrying a bomb, an enemy appears behind him, and he on reflex throws it at the enemy. The enemy was a Metal Primid. Metal Primids reflect projectiles. See if you can guess what happened.
- At the end of episode 13, Chugga proclaims he is going outside again. Jon and Tim don't believe him, until he actually leaves again. They are dumbfounded until:
Jon: Send your resumés to- *episode cuts off*
- They joke about Diddy's banana throwing animation and talk about him being high class while using ridiculous voices.
- Ganondorf getting married to Master Hand.
- Luigi's Epic Fail in Episode 14:
Jon: Save your brother.
Chugga: *while doing so* I don't wanna save my brother, then I might actually get to be the main characterr— *falls to death*
- Tim trying and failing several times to jump up to a certain platform in "The Great Maze" to get an item.
- Later in the episode, it becomes obvious that Tim is having a heck of a time with the game. Highlights include:
Chugga: So we have to get to a save point or you have to get a game over if you want Jon back.
Jon: So what you're saying is, I'm gonna be here awhile.
Chugga: Uh... well... he can die pretty quick.
Jon: I was trying to be nice.
Chugga: I'm actually amazed! He didn't die on the way to the save — that sounded really...
Chugga: Go down. Go down. (NCS walks away) Tim. Okay, fine.
Jon: Go in the ELEVATOR! (NCS walks through a door). TIM.
NCS: Byyyye guuuuys!
Chugga: Ti— (Bursts out laughing) I'm loving this so much!
- The guys realize what the episode consists of:
Jon: Yea— aww damnit, Tim! I should stop yelling at Tim. I feel really bad.
Chugga: That's like all this video's been. It's just like TIIIIIM!
- The elevators (and NCS) continue to foil Jon's plans.
Jon: Elevat-TOR. Tim, get in the elevator. (He does so.) Go up. (He does so.) Yes. (NCS sends the elevator down). That's down, Tim. I wish I could control the elevator! Boy, howdy!
Chugga: Go back to the elevator. (NCS gets in the elevator with Jon... and goes up). (Chugga laughs) Ti-i-im!
- But the best is, perhaps, the fact that the only thing NCS says in his defense is:
- Jon as Captain Falcon hitting an enemy repeatedly with a fan.
Jon: Captain Falcon is your biggest fan. Captain Falcon is not above making bad jokes!
- You don't even need to look further than the intro for the first one of episode 15. First the guys decide that NCS is his own wife and then they start singing the Captain Planet theme. Sort of.
Chugga: Gonna take pollution down to zero! Go to hell and... I don't know the rest of the words.
Jon: 'Go to hell'? That is not in the Captain Planet theme! What is with you?
- There's also the episode's ending, which combines hopelessness and continued trolling.
Chugga: (Trying to wrap things up) So, this has been...
Jon: A train wreck. It has been a train wreck. GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY.
Chugga: This has been a train wreck with the chuggatrain.
Jon: The truggachain?
) OH MY GOD. WE WEREN'T RECORDING ANY OF THAT?
- Jon walking right into NCS's hands:
Jon: [In his 'Captain Falcon' voice] Captain Falcon has returned! I'm sorry, I had to go use the washroom. It takes awhile to—
NCS: In the washroom!
- In the process of fighting Kirby, Jon proves Freud right and Chugga makes things worse.
Jon: Captain Falcon has tripped! Doing a seductive pose for you, Kirby!
Chugga: You threw paper at him and he died...
Jon: Why is the taunt button so sticky!? (NCS laughs) What did you guys do to this controller!?
Chugga: (Quietly) In bed.
- Chugga's insane giggle.
- Chugga turning the tables on Jon:
Jon: Captain Falcon is back but not being controlled by Captain Falcon.
Chugga: You are so dumb.
- When Dark Yoshi appears: "SO UNHAPPY."
- In the Skyworld part of the Great Maze, Tim is playing as Lucas and is struggling to make a jump. Eventually he hands the controller to Chugga, who completes the jump successfully. Tim takes control again...and promptly falls off and has to do the jump again.
- Episode 15 features the group having a rematch with Duon. Chugga and NCS manage to get it down to just a sliver of health on their first attempt, but it lives up to the trouble it gave them in their original fight with it by killing NCS (who was player 1 at the time) right as Chugga was about to finish it off.
- After reloading from the previous game-over, Chugga somehow manages to land on top of Duon as if it were a platform. He spends the next few seconds simply standing there smacking it with a paper fan before it manages to shake him off.
- The opening to episode 16.
Jon: That was a weak clap.
Tim: Sometimes that happens. The palm just hits the wrong way.
Chugga: Weak claps, a good omen for things to come.
Chugga: OOOH! I didn't realize what I just-
Jon: Go in the door, now!
- Episode 16 also sees the creation of Cyber Steve.
Jon: Come with me if you want to live. But you must get there by sunset.
- In a meta example, Jon gets home the same day it was uploaded and already there were a ton of fan pics.
- CAPTAIN GANONDORF.
- Jon's reaction to Cyber Captain Falcon is to speak in a robot voice as Captain Falcon.
- "Show me your Cyber Moves!"
- While battling Cyber Pikachu, Jon gets killed and then Cyber Pikachu taunts him.
Jon: YOU LITTLE RAT!
- Pretty much every instance of the Cyber Pikachu fight. Watching Chugga and Jon being pwned by a little rat = Priceless.
- While attempting to climb a jungle area full of mines, Tim fails horribly.
*All the while, Chugga is laughing in the background:*
Jon: Watch out- *Tim hits a mine* -for the mines. Watch out for those mines too! *Tim hits another mine* There we go.
Tim: Just gonna hit every single one on the way up...
Jon: Okay, lemme shoot this one. Or use your lightning bolt. Up-B.
Tim: Oh yeah. *Jumps into the mines*
Jon: THAT'S NOT UP-B!
- The rotation comes back and bites the guys in the collective ass:
Jon: Lucas went right— why are you going left?
Chugga: T-Tim? Tim? Tim!
Jon: (to Chugga) It's you, you idiot! You're Peach!
- Episode 16 also features an impressive (and hilarious) number of Call Backs
Jon: We have to go up.
Chugga: Uh... Tim does not do well with up.
Jon: I don't trust [NCS] with doors anymore, man!
- There's also this lengthy conversation on jackassery:
Chugga: Achievement unlocked! Jackassery!
Jon: I don't think that's really an achievement.
Chugga: Well for you it is.
It's normal for you to be a jacka— oh
, I guess in these recordings that makes sense.
Jon: According to the internet, I am an asshole.
Chugga and NCS: (singing) I am an asshole, I am an asshole! I am such an asshole!
- During the rematch with normal Ridley, after Jon questions how Slowbeef and Diabetus can keep up their Ridley voice, Chugga attempts to imitate the voice himself.
Chugga: (trying to imitate Diabetus' Ridley voice) OIHM RIDLEY!
Jon: Wow! I... don't know what to classify that as.
NCS moans as his character is knocked off screen
Jon: Charizard killed itself in response.
- Jon and Chugga feel a certain catchphrase is getting a little stale:
Jon: We've already used Yoshi. Numerous times.
NCS: Yoshi! So happy!
(Chugga and Jon groan)
Chugga: We couldn't just... not say it?
- Speaking of call backs, episode 17 consisted of nothing but nods. It doesn't even take two minutes for it to start.
- The start of the epidemic:
Jon: (singsong) Down, down, down. Down Tim, please. There's going to be gas.
[Chugga starts saying something suspiciously like 'In']
NCS: Ya know, in the bathroom!
Jon: I guess you just have to go higher up.
Chugga: (not paying attention to the game) Higher! Higher! I'm a Chuckst—! [He flies offscreen]
Jon: Speaking of Chucksters, you got chucked off the screen.
Jon: Yeah, so basically to the left of where the gold box was.
Jon: No, because we could have just paused and looked at the map and—
Chugga: (slowly) To the le...
NCS: To ze left.
- More jokes at NCS's expense:
Jon: Good counter, whoever that was... Tim.
Chugga: That was Tim. Considering his run with the ladders—
Jon: Are you punching Tim?
Chugga: No! I wasn't punching him!
Chugga: Saying my arm is moving back and forth in a rhythm. Yeah.
Jon: Bow chicka bow wow!
Chugga: With Tim?
NCS: His wife!
- Chugga's fascination with mushrooms backfires:
Chugga: I want the mushroom! I wanna eat the mushroom! I wanna—
want to eat the mushroom...
- For added hilarity, it was a poison mushroom that directly led to Olimar's death. He probably shouldn't have eaten that mushroom. note
- Chugga makes the mistake of saying 'troop' in front of Jon:
Jon: I'm impressed, actually.
Chugga: I went through an army of Floos and beat Cyber Peach. No deaths. I- I trooped through that. (Beat) No. No no no!
Jon: You trooped through this?
Chugga: No! No! No!
Jon: To Olimar! So you're picking Olimar, right?
Chugga: Screw. You. So. Hard. [Picks Olimar]
Jon: (mumbling) And he did it anyway...
- After they pick Wario as their wild card:
NO! I didn't mean it like that!
- After a few remarks from Jon and one remark from Tim, Chugga finally counters with, "Hey! At least I didn't call one of the other Runaway Guys 'gorgeous' publicly." Cue Tim groaning loudly.
- Jon seizes an opportunity:
Jon: Usually your stuff is non-sequitur to me.
[Chugga drives Wario offscreen and dies]
Jon: Remember, don't stab the chickens.
Chugga: [Lightly] As long as you don't eat the mushroom.
- The Indiana Jones singalong. Followed shortly by:
Jon: (along with the theme music) Jump out right now, or you'll die— [NCS fails to take this advice, killing Fox off and nearly killing Marth. Chugga laughs maniacally] [Still in tune] And we did die because we missed the stupid jump. Let's go in the door~
- The best part may be that you can hear NCS singing "On the toilet seat!" just before the incident.
- Speaking of 'Tim, his wife'...
Jon: There goes Nana.
Chugga: I lost my wife! I'm gonna have to marry a new woman at the end of this area.
NCS: That's why I'm here.
(Later, as Chugga (solo) enters a door)
Jon: Well, you get Nana back, right?
[Peach hits him into the air]
Jon: You found a woman but she's kicking your ass.
- Jon taking reverse psychology to its logical extreme.
Jon: (as they're switching off) It is me and you, but since there's only one character... hold onto this controller and do nothing with it.
Chugga: Don't shove it up your ass.
[Chugga laughs and NCS groans]
- Chugga lampshading the (copious) Ho Yay.
Chugga: Hey, at least I didn't call one of the other Runaway Guys 'gorgeous' publicly.
Jon: Dun da-dun dun.
NCS: (groans) Touche.
Jon: He actually saw that.
- Jon and Chugga continue their crusade against the Great Maze.
Jon: (As NCS and Chugga are repeatedly getting frozen) Really? I'm, like, getting deja vu.
Chugga: That's the idea of the Great Maze. You get to relive all the great memories you had of this annoying enemy configuration the first time.
Jon: Remember that time you got stuck and died constantly? Well here you go again.
- Then, there's this little gem from Episode 17...
Chugga: Tim is Zelda.
Tim: I wish.
- The guys's brains are broken when Tim enters as Yoshi and instantly has 184 damage, without coming in contact with anything that can deal damage.
- "184 is the real meaning of life."
- Jon and Tim both die...at a save point room.
- Jon, as Lucas, manages to use a Smart Bomb to kill Rayquaza. Chugga is visibly irritated by the fact that Jon was able to use a Smart Bomb correctly as Chugga's best character.
Chugga: So — so you did the smart bomb right with my best character...
Jon: Hahaha, the irony!
Chugga: Now I really have to prove myself. (Beat) Well, I kinda did.
'cause you hit nothing
- On a related note, there's Chugga's last chance at using a smart bomb.
Chugga: [Notices and picks up a smart bomb] Oh baby!
Jon: What'd you get? Oh! This is your chance! Show us your moves!
[Chugga throws the bomb, misses Tabuu, and immediately gets killed]
- During the battle with Cyber Ike, Ike seems to fall off the stage and kill himself, only to Aether up to safety just in time. Meanwhile, on the other side of the stage, Yoshi (Tim) kills himself instead.
- "I'm playing with my snake."
- Anytime Chugga rolls into the spikes.
- Garth Brooks and Martha Stewart.
- The guys's reactions to the weird stage layouts for the Cyber battles.
- Jon is playing as Lucas and Tim as Captain Falcon:
Jon: I feel weird not being Captain Falcon right now, not gonna lie...
Chugga: You're not doing the voice enough.
(Captain Falcon dies)
Jon: Falcon agrees with me! He's like, "He's right. I should probably just kill myself."
- The final battle: Tabuu hits Chugga with an instant kill right as Jon (as Yoshi), lands the final blow, freezing Chugga in a death animation but leaving him alive and floating in place.
- Jon's reaction to forgetting Ike for the final battle, especially when he's not in the still in the end credits where it shows everyone standing side by side. He begins acting like Ike is dead and spends the next few minutes wanting to avenge him.
Jon: Lo-look, Ike is not in that cutscene.
Chugga: Cause we never saved..*Cracks up*.
Jon: Ike is dead! You guys are dicks!
Chugga: He will never fight for his friends again.
Jon: Ike, I'm so sorry!
Tim: We were awesome!
Jon: But we killed Ike!
- They— mainly Chugga— poke fun at this for the rest of the episode.
Jon: This LP is in memory of Ike. He fought for his friends.
Chugga: And unfortunately, you'll get no sympathy from him. Ever again.
(Beat) It saddens me, because that was actually very clever.
- To the extent that one of the very last things we hear is:
Chugga: 4 ways to play, and none of them include Ike.
- When Chugga finishes playing a game in which a sympathetic character lost their life over the course of the game, he will somberly remind us. He did so for the robots of the floating island. Cue Jon saying, in his usual exasperated tone, "Well that's depressing!"
- During the final cutscene, NCS gets distracted and delivers this superb Non Sequitur:
NCS: (out of nowhere) Haha! I didn't think I got that rupee! Hahahaha!
- After the credits, as NCS hmms and haws over whether or not they're going to show the extra characters, Chugga demonstrates his short attention-span and ability to take things the wrong way:
Chugga: You said 'we', 'screw' and 'together' so many times in that sentence.
- The return of the monkey hug — with extra dinosaur for good measure.
NCS: (Reading the translation of Brawl's main theme) 'Now that person stands at my side'. If only we had a camera!
- And, of course, there's the fact that the thing that saved the guys in the very end — the only reason they didn't get screwed over by Tabuu — was Yoshi. So happy!
Jon: Yoshi was the winner after all...
- The first time NCS has to fight Jigglypuff. Well, it ended badly. As in NCS died four seconds after the match started.
- Jon's response is to throw his controller down and leave the house before coming back in a few seconds later to tell Tim he hates him.
- Jon was so emotionally drained by the end of it he started speaking in monotone.
- The moments right before the first time Tim fought Jigglypuff were arguably even funnier.
- They die ten times when trying to get back to the door leading to Jigglypuff.
- Not to mention the gong show (as Jon put it), where they kept getting launched further and further away from the door they needed to go to in order to reach Jigglypuff. All this before the four-second match.note
- Solely because of being Tim's partner in the Bonus Episode, Jon's most common death cause was Mega Diddy.
- Tim died playing as the Ice Climbers... because Nana got on a ledge and Popo didn't. Another time, Tim spawns as the Ice Climbers, and kills himself by walking off stage.
- Tim and Jon are readying themselves for the Dark Diddy fight the first time and Chugga said "Get ready". They enter and Dark Diddy kills them instantly. Jon's reaction?
Jon: Get ready, my ass!
- According to the final totals, the wins were spread around somewhat evenly between Chugga and Jon, with Tim only winning "least healed". As for the losses, Tim "won" every single one of them. Except for "most healed", which went to Chugga.
- After one of the first of many losses in the bonus episode, while scrolling through the received stickers:
Jon: Don't rub it in...
- Captain Falcon is a pirate.
- Jon winning against Toon Link. Both are blown off the screen. Jon won because Toon Link flew off a second before him. Doubles as a Crowning Moment Of Awesome.
- The guys notice that Wolf is giving the players (and viewers, in this case) the finger.
- Chugga grabs a hammer right infront of a breakable wall, as the screen is scrolling. The hammer breaks, and Chugga is forced to swing a stick at the wall. Tim had to come to his rescue.
Chugga: I'M WAVING A STICK HERE!!!
- Tim as Fox vs Jigglypuff. Tim loses in less than 4 seconds.
- This hilarious exchange after the first match:
And with that PILLARS
God this place is just so dark and dank, (at the same time Pit's name appears) this place is the pits
Chuggaconroy: I know! Hey, you rhymed! You made a pun yourself!
Chuggaconroy: It is in my book. (NCS starts laughing)
Chuggaconroy: I don't read!
I know! That's why it's a weird book! I'm assuming it's drawn in crayons, and has one of those pop-up things...
- After Tim finally beats Jigglypuff, Chugga says he was half-hoping Tim would lose again so he could watch him and Jon fail have a hard time getting back there. Tim proceeds to give this surprisingly snarky comment:
Tim: (to Jon) You're gonna go back to hating him now, right? note
Mario Party 2
- The very first thing out of Chugga's mouth:
Chugga: Onto our fourth project in the time that it's taken Jon to make five videos!
Jon: YOU ARE A DICK.
- The return of Mario Party's discussion on having Canon is also a riot.
- Jon decides ahead of time what Toad says.
Game: Then Toad, who couldn't stand it any longer, said...
- Also in the introductory cutscene, we get the guys improvising the characters' lines:
Chugga: [Imitating Peach] I have a name we can all agree upon!
NCS: So not happy!
Jon: Yoshi looked like he was about to puke.
- Everybody commenting on the AI's turn at the item minigame of the board.
- Chugga and Jon arguing over the duel minigame in Episode 4, and neither of them is the one dueling. NCS just sits there like "Okay, whatever. Let's just find out who's right."
- On the very last turn, with Jon poised to win the board, Chugga starts 8 spaces away from Boo, who he needs to get a Star steal. He hits a 6, to Jon's satisfaction, only to land on a Hidden Block, and gets a Star from it, leading to reactions that must be heard to be believed.
- One game of Archer-ival is awfully entertaining, if for no other reason than the AI's fascination with hitting NCS. Every time it shoots at him, he makes the same tiny movement and dodges before moving back into place, setting the cycle up again. This sums up the entire minigame.
- Chugga giving into temptation during one of the item minigames and singing the song that he doesn't know the friggin' words to. Jon pounces on the opportunity to misconstrue this.
Chugga: —I don't know the friggin' words, ahahahaha hey!
Jon: Hey? Hey.
Jon: How's it goin'?
- There's the inevitable meeting with Bowser, once Chugga gets a 'Bowser Makes an Appearance' spot in Bowser Roulette:
Chugga: He always hits you when you don't expect.
Jon: [Starts laughing] Much like diarrhea? So Bowser is diarrhea, apparently.
NCS: [Being talked over] In the bathroom!
- And, once Bowser makes the promised appearance...
Chugga: HE'S DOING THE DANCE!
Jon: Yeeeah! Pee dance Cap'n Bowser!
Chugga: [Mutilating the game text] Arr! I shall be the one to plunder the thunder!
- In the span of one round, everyone gets a star except Tim. Hilarious dialogue appears throughout.
- Chugga spends all of one crane game trying to get Jon, who keeps on escaping. He finally manages it with ten seconds left, then gets Luigi. He still ends up losing because he didn't get Tim, who had done absolutely nothing that entire minigame.
- Jon learns how to weaponize Tempting Fate during Hot Rope Jump.
Jon: How did we only get to one last time and we've—no one's died yet?
Don't say that out loud.
Jon: So no one's died yet.
(Chuggaa immediately dies)
Jon: (laughs) Every time! Every time.
(later, after the game ends)
Jon: I can't believe that worked on you.
Chuggaa: Shut up.
Jon: That's great.
Chuggaa: Shut up.
- And later, during a Sky Pilot minigame.
Jon: You got this. *NCS and Chugga get hit by a bullet bill, getting knocked back* You guys got this. *Another one hits them, giving Jon the lead and an easy win*
Jon: No one's even showing any signs of falling yet.
Chugga: DON'T SAY THAT!
Jon: So yeah, no one's losing yet. It's really weird. *Chugga and NCS immediately fall, followed by the AI*
- Jon's way of deciding his racer in the first battle minigame:
Jon: Uh... this guy looks fast! He has no legs!
- Jon constantly making reference to being Canadian while trying to win an important game of "Speed Hockey". It works.
- So much that Jon begins singing a song called "Hockey Town" to the tune of the Spider-Man theme song:
Hockey Town, Hockey Town
Everyone loves a little Hockey Town
Gonna score this little goal
Get us some... flashy goals
Look out! It's kinda Hockey Town
- Jon doing a Large Ham voice for the Mushroom Genie.
- "NO! Why am I so bad at this? I know how to count!"
- After winning Shy Guy Says against the computer, Chugga declares that the Jinx Gods were smiling upon him, then attempted to make a reference to the Pokémon, Jynx. After having the joke explained to him, Jon immediately challenges the viewers to produce fan art of Chugga passionately kissing a Jynx. It took the fans less than a day to fulfill this challenge.
- Chugga retaliates. When Jon and Wario both get bad rolls, he jokes about how they can 'miss' together... then follows it up with another fanart request.
- At the end of Episode 1, Chugga and NCS face off against Jon and Wario (the computer) in a game of Torpedo Targets. When Jon swims to a target, Wario tries hitting it with a torpedo and misses entirely. And gets a Star from it.
(Jon and Wario stop in front of a target.)
Jon: Wario, how 'bout you fire the friggin' torpedo!
(Wario whiffs it entirely)
Jon: We're in front of it! Wario! Wario!!
- In Episode 3, the guys are playing Rakin' 'Em In (a battle mini game where you try to get as many good mushrooms as you can). At the end of the mini game, just when the counter hit 0, Chugga went for the last Gold Mushroom, but missed and grabbed a poison mushroom instead, dropping down to 3rd with Tim.
- First video, Chugga has the option of inviting everyone over to a hootenanny, but he declined, despite Jon's protests, leading Jon to almost saying something bad.
Jon: (Southern accent)
Hello, DK! How'd you like to invite everyone over to a hootenanny? Chugga: NO! Jon:
I wanna hootenanny! I wanna hoot all the — No. I'm not going to finish that.
- The callback to MP1's Bombsketball during one minigame:
Chugga: It must be the shoes!
Jon: These shoes make my arms throw fantastically.
- Jon lands on a fork in the path with only one move left. The two paths lead to a blue space and red space, respectively. While Jon decides, Tim makes a red pill-blue pill reference. Chugga asks "What's that from?", much to the other guys' horror.
- "Bowser has to go challenge Bowser to a Bowser-off." When Bowser appears on the board via Bowser Bomb and very nearly ends his turn on a Bowser Space.
- Chugga and Jon continuously getting distracted by Jon's cat:
Jon: Meow! Kitty, do you want to play on the internet? I hear the internet loves kitties!
- Everyone, but especially Jon, constantly abusing the SpaceX trope:
Jon: [Singing] I'm dreaming of a space Christmas, just like the ones I used to know...
- Jon's reaction the first time the Snifit Patrol sets a trap. It has to be heard.
- Later in the game, as Jon's debating what to buy at the item shop, and he's exasperated that Chugga's still reminding him of the Knytt Stories Mushroom Samba.
- Jon pointing out the Fridge Logic of the happening space event:
Jon: Where did the Thwomp learn how to drive? It has no arms!
- Jon and Chugga trying to figure out what's going on with the happening star while NCS does his own thing.
Chugga: If Tim lands on a happening space now—
Jon: Everybody gets a star!
- Chugga noticing that Jon is humming the Indiana Jones theme. He has an issue with it.
Chugga: Why are you singing Indiana Jones in space?
Jon: Space Indiana Jones! He's the best hero!
- The utter inanity of the commentary as Bowser's Space Laser is activated for the first time.
- Some of the post-minigame commentary (during Peach's turn) is fairly amusing, too.
Jon: She sees too many dead people. More than the standard amount of dead people.
- Jon getting stuck on the top stretch of space for a third of the game.
- The line of low-stakes duels near the end of the board.
- Jon and Chugga's differing opinions on a not-so-heroic sacrifice.
We just... sacrificed
... Tim. Go team!
Chugga: Your death was not in vain!
Jon: It totally was.
- Chugga's reaction to their third or fourth time getting the battle game they all hate, A Day At The Races
Chugga: Apparently we all killed its children this time!
- Chugga pointing out that the AI— even without any coins— is still in third place.
Jon: And now Peach is crying.
Chugga: She's crying 'cause she has 0 coins. That's pretty sad that 0 coins is third place...
NCS: Yeah, right?
Jon: Wait... what?
- Jon and Chugga's commentary when things start getting intense in the star-race.
Jon: [As he rolls] Unfortunately, all three of us are close enough to [the star] and have enough for it.
Chugga: So it's really just who gets a [Jon rolls a 1]— pffft!
Jon: Thanks, game!
Chugga: I was like 'Who gets a good— Pffft!'
Jon: Who gets a good fart.
Chugga: Oh, Tim! Tim got the good fart!
- Jon and the game having their difficulties with each other. Jon is far more polite than he was the last time this happened.
Chugga: Jon needs a really good roll [8+] to get this.
Jon: I'm gonna get a 2, aren't I? [Rolls a 1] Game, can we have some words outside later?
- There are two more that go like this. Both of them Jon vs. the AI.
Jon: Yeah, two coins! I'm rolling in it.
- Peach facing our "heroes" on Archer-ival. After knocking out NCS and Chugga, Jon is left to run away from her... while acting like a husband suffering the wrath of an abusive wife.
Jon: Honey, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to leave the toilet seat down. I thought you wouldn't notice!
Tim: Y'know, in the bathroom!
Jon: Peach, I'm sorry, baby! I'll write you a song next time. I'll remember our anniversary. I'll do everything!
- What happens to Jon on his first turn? He gets a Hidden Block with a Star in it!
Jon: That was... the dumbest amount of luck I have ever seen.
- The best part may be that the prediction he made right after getting the star rang true. By the middle of the game, things were going very badly for him.
- Jon gets three stars from hidden blocks. One of them fits because he lands on a teleporter pad and the star is there, but Luigi was there before and yet he never got the star.
- The guys' reactions to Yoshi's losing animation in Archer-ival.
Chugga: [Sounding totally sympathetic] He looks so sad!
Jon: He looks like he's eating the bow.
Chugga: He's comfort eating.
- The AI Chance Time that screwed NCS over the first time.
Jon: No we don't. We have you losing money is what we have here.
[Luigi gets 'Yoshi gives Luigi 30 coins']
- Jon's impression of a commenter.
- The *ahem* encouragement as NCS lands on a Bowser Space.
Chugga: You have 2 coins going into this.
Jon: Probably not going to be leaving with those 2 coins. Just throwing that out there.
- Upon starting the board...
Imagine the horrors that await you when you go to Horror Land. That's why we're all wearing pointy hats
NCS: Did I hear that?
Jon: I'm pretty sure you just did.
- Chugga manages to reach Big Boo, and needs to get anything but a 1 to steal from everybody. He gets a 1.
- There's also this improbable display, after both NCS and Chugga have rolled ones.
NCS: Two ones in a row!
Jon: Well, you know, if you two rolled ones, I'm just gonna roll a one as well. [Rolls a 1] Told you.
- The first roll — NCS's magnificent 2. He's cool with that, though. Chugga, on the other hand...
NCS: I'm in first!
Chugga: Let's see how long that lasts! [Rolls a 1]
- The very first minigame, Hexagon Heat. NCS heads in the exact opposite direction he was supposed to, Jon bounces off Chugga's head and into the lava, and Wario glitches off of the panel, handing Chugga the win about five seconds in. All this after Chugga jokingly claimed that the minigame was going to last the entire episode.
Jon: What just happened? I ground-pounded and kept bouncing, Wario was humping the sky... and I don't even remember what happened to Tim!
- Another of Chugga's "That Came Out Wrong" moments.
*Chugga muffles a laugh as he realizes what he said*
Chugga: I just meant to say-
Jon: "Are you sure you're straight?
Chugga: *through laughter* Yes!
Jon: Because you say things that... people shouldn't say when they're straight.
Chugga: I meant because the bob-omb was on my butt, I didn't mean like that!
- The way NCS (and eventually Jon) play Shock Drop or Roll. They just jump the entire time. The best part is that it works.
- NCS's borderline Angrish near the end of Filet Relay — and Jon's interpretation of it.
- The game of Shy Guy Says. Not for Chugga messing up, or the AI promptly handing Jon the win, but for this little Call Back.
NCS: [Who has already been struck out] B! A!
Jon: Swear to god, Tim!
NCS: C! F!
Jon: F's not even a button, Tim!
- The Laser-Guided Karma during Look Away.
Chugga: [Yoshi] looks so sad!
Jon: I would be too if I lost when I was a giant, floating head. [Gets caught] Damn it!
- There's also Sky Pilots, in which we can only assume that Chugga is looking for something to make questionable comments about. Jon steals his thunder, this time.
Chugga: Wario's... massaging my back with his nose.
Jon: A nice little backrub and you — you were vibrating for a second there.
- A Castlevania reference.
Chugga: What is a game?
Jon: Miserable pile of software! But enough talk, have at you!
- Jon getting really fed up with Day at the Races:
Jon: Day at the Races! Day at the Races! I heard you like races— here are some days. You can spend them at the races. Day at the races...
- "Old Age catchin' up to you, Mr. Conroy?"
- During Crane Game, Peach appears to have too much fun on the floor.
Jon: What is Peach doing?!
Chugga: I love you floor! Make me a sandwich!
Uh... she's giving love to her honeymoon
- How do the guys start off the board? Tim gets a hidden block on the first turn, just after talking about how everything there is backwards.
- There's also the first minigame of the board, Mecha Marathon. First NCS whips out a couple of coins for Chugga and himself (prompting Jon to complain about, not being left out, but the usage of the coins at all) and then Jon tempts fate again.
Jon: You guys probably won it, actually.
[Everybody but Jon drops immediately]
Jon: Oh, nevermind.
Chugga: How do you do that?
- And as a perfect book end, the ending of the first video has Chugga, current at last place with zero stars and coins, getting a hidden block star himself. And he also gets 8 coins, which puts him at second place behind Tim, with his 1 star and 9 coins.
- Chugga's first item minigame. He gets two mushrooms and a Bowser Bomb in Bowser Slots. Cue:
Chugga: Do I get both?
Jon: You get a mushroom with a bomb in it. You roll a 5, and then you blow up.
- Right before the signing off the board, Chugga treats us to this:
Chugga: Whatever hits you in the crotch is automatically your property?
Jon: Uh... what? I don't even...
- Chugga says he has to "go press L" before heading to the bathroom. When he returns, he states that he "speedran the bathroom" by "mashing L".
- Throughout the board, everyone (and especially Chugga) keep worrying that the next battle game is going to be Day at the Races, and that someone is going to land on the bank and have to pay a huge sum of coins. Neither happens.
- Chuggaa's comment near the end, when the debt to the bank has reached a ridiculous amount:
- The deciding factor when Jon is trying to figure out who to steal a star from. It should be noted ahead of time that NCS has 2 stars and Chugga 1, though he's in position to buy another.
Chugga: You just bought the Magic Lamp, that's betting 100 coins for these two stars.
- Then, the turn continues...and Jon lands on the same space Chugga is on, initiating a duel.
Jon: (laughing nervously) Hey buddy, how's it goin'?
Chugga: I hate you.
- Chugga messes up his words when bringing back Hockey Town while Jon plays Speed Hockey.
Chugga: *Singing* Hockey Town!...Honky Town.
Jon: Huhuhuh...what!? Honky Town?
Chugga: I said Hockey Town and I was like "Honky Town".
You do know what "honky
" means, right?
Jon: Makin' sure. Just makin' sure.
- Jon nearly loses on Archer Rival and freaks out. He even shouts "HULK SMASH!", complete with (from the sound) chest pounding and all.
- After talking about how hard the Minigame Coaster is and how much hell they had on it during their Normal mode run, Jon takes his first turn and wins twenty consecutive minigames.
- And in addition Jon continually manages to pull an inverse of Tempting Fate by constantly stating he's going to lose when the next mini-game comes up, only to immediately win. When Chugga and NCS catch wind of this, they point it out only for Jon to quickly tell them to shut up in case they jinx him.
- Chugga gives Jon a bit of encouragement during the Shell Shocked minigame.
- He wins the minigame without taking damage, after all 3 guys had lost on their respective attempts.
- Chugga assigns different silly voices to the differently colored text while reading the rules of minigames out loud.
- In the vein of the "Let's play" prayer from the first game, there's also this:
a god! And he really likes Mario Party!
Jon: Wh-what was that pose DK was doing?
Chugga: I'm like 'Yeah!'
Jon: He's got a thiiiiing!
- Chugga taking the time out to make note of unfortunate tongue placement in a minigame.
Chugga: —so use your better judgment... and Yoshi is licking my butt.
Jon: Umm... only you would notice that.
- Jon finds the taunt button and declares he's pretty much set.
- Chugga misunderstanding one of NCS's quips.
Chugga: Yep, she got [the star]. Better her than [Jon], honestly.
NCS: Better her than me.
Chugga: But this is supposed to be your board, man!
NCS: I was quoting Han Solo.
- Chugga putting his foot in his mouth.
NCS: [Starts singing a random beat]
Chugga: I love Tim's scattin'.
- The fact that nearly every game of Sneak 'n Snore ends with all of the guys getting thrown down the pipe and the AI constantly beating them.
- "The chin is mightier than the... waffle... button."
- During the inevitable final run of Day At the Races, the Guys have trouble finding out who the second-through-fourth placers were, so they have a hilarious slow motion moment to decide.
- Even better is that they're doing a slow motion OF the slow motion, and still can't figure out the positions. And the slow motion of the slow motion includes slowing down their voices, making them sound slurred like they're drunk.
- Chugga repeatedly managing to win Day at the Races by picking the Whomp each time.
Kirby's Return To Dream Land
- Jon and Chugga decide that the first Waddle Dee they see is JoshJepson (who is not playing with them). Then when Chuga as Kirby eats it, he's also eating grandpas, and that eating grandpas and getting high off of the cholesterol in them is the cool thing for kids to do now.
- Chugga accidentally kills Jon in 1-2, before Jon could even think of a way to kill Chugga, much to Jon's dismay.
- Chugga sets off a chain of puns.
- When Chugga delivers a Take That to a design choice done with Eterna City, Jon asks what he's talking about, and when he finds out, is annoyed with himself for thinking Chugga wouldn't be making an obscure Pokémon reference.
- The Guys talk about Meta Knight's dub voice in the anime and how it was so over-the-top (Eric Stuart was supposed to portray him as a Dashing Hispanic) that it made Meta Knight sound like he was a Mexican Vampire.
- Chugga's topical Take That to Alicia Silverstone and how she fed her child like a bird.
- "Monster Flame! Say hello to my cousin: Yamata! No! OROCHI!"
- Jon's reaction to Meta Knight and Dedede moonwalking during the post-boss battle Kirby Dance.
- Jon's reaction to Chugga saying "subgame" in a very deep voice.
- NCS saying that them sharing food is kinky, making Chugga yell, "Thanks for that!"
- The unintentional Rescue Romance moment at the start of 2-1: Chugga's Kirby gets eaten alive, saved by Jon's Meta Knight, and they kiss.
- When they're fighting King Doo.
Chugga: King Doodoo!
NCS: In the bathroom!
- Jon saying how he sometimes hates driving people.
Jon: You guys haven't been in a car ride with me before so... I-I don't think I could handle that.
Chugga: You can't handle being apart from us for 12 hours, that's the sweetest thing you ever said in all... life.
- The ending to episode two, which has Jon and NCS deciding to attack Chugga in-game. Chugga promptly runs away and enters the second level of world two to escape.
- When Chugga uses Stone Kirby and turns into a statue of a muscular man, he exclaims "Look at me! That's how I look in real life, I swear."
- "Normally we would need a hammer... but... we have Tim."
- In the same vein, there's the solution that Chugga comes up with after he and Jon have been bickering. Again.
Jon: Well, now that you mention it...
- There's also Jon trying to figure out whether there's stuff underwater or not.
Jon: Isn't there stuff down here? There's a pineapple down here.
Jon: Oh no... it totally is...
- In Episode 2, the guys have some trouble with doors. They keep going back and forth between a room with a gear in it and one small, enclosed area, with each one of them accidentally going through the door at least once.
- Actually, despite what Chugga said, it was only him and NCS.
- Later in Episode 2, the guys start comparing Kirby's powers to, of all things, Captain Planet. And when asked which power represents the element of Heart?
- He also decides, randomly, that Jon should be Wheeler from the show. This is possibly referring to Jon's last name being Wheeler.
- It comes up again in the next episode, when Jon expresses shock that Water Kirby took so long to become an actual power for Kirby. Chugga recites the Captain Planet intro again, but substitutes something... less-than-wholesome for the power of "Heart".
- Jon saying that Tim's beatboxing sounded more like "sucking like a tetrabat", causing Chugga to give a Flat "What.".
- Chugga decides to take the high-jump power, then decides to get another one.
Chugga: You know, I think I'll go with the high-jump. I'll go with an off-beat- no wait, I want the whip.
Jon: Make up your mind.
Chugga: Okay, I'll go with whip.
Chugga: Actually I want water, I'm just kidding!
Jon: You son of a- KIRBY! *tries slashing him with Meta Knight's sword*
- Chugga accidentally eats Tim.
Jon: You're in his mouth.
Jon: That's not a good place to be.
Chugga: Well, using you as projectiles is a strategy so... *eats Jon*
Jon: Hey, hey, hey!
- Chugga regurgitates NCS.
Chugga: Look at Tim, he's having the time of his life.
Jon: Yeah, cause being regurgitated is a great feeling.
Chugga: How would you know it feels?
Jon: We don't talk about that.
Chugga: Um... okay. I think you were the one who did the foot in mouth moment this time.
- The entire American Dream conversation. Points for NCS's muttering in the background and the others' reaction to it.
- Episode 3 starts with Jon joking that the characters are at Meta Knight's pool party, and that all the coolest kids from his school are there, and Kirby.
- Episode 3 ends with them playing Ninja Dojo. The whole thing is hilarious, from Jon's invocation of the Let's Players' curse to their reactions to the trickier targets.
- During the bulls-eye minigame, one of them has the dartboard with a lot of fake dartboards, causing Jon to wonder what was going on.
- Also, the very last target. "It's Pac-Man!"
- Chugga's two very similar moments of Buffy Speak from Episode 3: "I'm an Olympic...person" and "I'm the American...person".
- Jon finally figures out how to troll Chugga without killing him; beat him to all the spheres. This does eventually get through to Chugga when Jon starts to steal spheres Chugga put work into getting to.
- To the point where, after defeating the boss, when Jon takes the ship part, Chugga cuts it out of the video and replaces it with a text box saying "Nothing suspicious here!" so the viewers don't see Jon taking it (even though the audio is left in, allowing us to easily tell Jon took it based on the back-and-forth between him and Chugga).
- After the defeat of a Sphere Doomer and Jon taking the spoils of their victory:
Chugga: You suck!
Jon: I'm sorry I know where to stand.
Chugga: I keep trying too, but I'm always fighting at the very end.
Jon: I killed it!
Chugga: Well, that's not the point.
Jon: It kind of is!
- After the Guys defeat Goriath in episode 6, Tim and Emile scramble towards the center of the arena, anticipating the ship part to appear, while Jon just stands on the ground and watches. Then the arena floor collapses, dumping Jon right on the ship part while Emile screams NOOOOOOOOO!!!
- The "Happy birthday!" Running Gag in episode 4 (as it's Chugga's birthday and Jon keeps claiming banal things are his birthday gift, like there being fireworks in the game).
- When Jon tells Chugga that he's starting to sound like a martyr by saying "I paid for the hotel room" a lot, he gives his Chugga impersonation a funny voice.
- The guys joke that Tim will be mentally tormented by destroying the Robot Dedede because he plays as Dedede.
- And earlier, they joke that the Robot Waddle Dee is actually JoshJepson in a giant robot, "Robo-Jepson", here to get revenge for not being in the LP.
- "Stop shooting yourself! Stop shooting yourself!"
- The opening to episode 6, which has Jon being sprayed by Chugga's (as Water Kirby) geyser move.
Jon: Oh, hi, guys. Sorry, didn't see you come in. I was just taking a shower.
- Episode 6 also starts with them restarting the level to try and get the first gear, a task made more difficult because Chugga!Kirby must get into the cannon (due to the camera following him). When they revisit the level to get another missed gear, he hits it purely by accident.
- The Epic Fail of each of them falling into a pit while trying to carry a candle.
- In Episode 7, Chugga and Jon debate who started the whole Cycle of Revenge killing until Chugga gets hit, forcing them to start that section of the stage over. Jon promptly attacks an enemy and sends Meta Knight barrel rolling right off the screen to his death.
- The group starts talking about King of the Hill of all things and start talking like Boomhauer.
- At the beginning of episode 7, Chugga gives NCS and Jon new variants of the appropriate plush toys (a white Yoshi and actual (sort of) Poison Mushroom, respectively), and it crops back up near the end of the episode.
Chugga: It's also worth noting that Jon threw... well, he didn't throw it away, but [he threw] his poison mushroom across the room at the beginning of the video.
Jon: Well, I'm not gonna keep it in my hands while we're playing a game.
Chugga: Why not?
- There's also the word association game in Episode 7. It goes well until NCS starts getting distracted.
NCS: [Noticing the parasol powerup] Umbrella...
Jon: Nintendo Capri Umbrella?
- The high-pitched voice Chugga does when reading Magolor's dialogue, and how much it irritates Jon.
- All of the pit-related trouble in episode 8.
Jon: Watch out for the giant hole, dude.
NCS: [Falls in] WHOA!
Jon: That's why I warned you.
- The best is, without a doubt, this exchange, after Chugga falls down a hole and forces everyone to restart.
Jon: Did you just fall in the — what exactly just happened?
Chugga: I fell in the pit.
- 18 seconds into episode 8, we get this:
Chugga: My instinct is to eat everything I see!
NCS: My instinct is to fall from the highest height!
Jon: My instinct is to yell. A lot.
- Which is immediately followed by Chugga calling himself and Jon immature.
NCS: I can be immature, too!
- Beforehand, the intro is also quite comical.
Jon: (As Meta Knight) Dear diary, today I returned to Return to Dreamland. For some reason, these two suckers keep following me, and I don't know why.
- The reaction when Chugga brings up Meta Knight's mask, and starts asking how he can share food.
Jon: I have food lasers. Food eye lasers.
Jon: Meat vision? That just sounds bad...
- Near the end of episode 8 counts too. Chugga talks for Kirby to all of the cast while Jon is coughing in the background.
Jon (Strained): I'm Alright. Don't-Don't ask or anything.
- The tag along to the Boss Rush.
- Pretty much the entire second half of episode 9.
- Jon getting another "Bye guys!" in.
- "Oh no. Cannons. Great." It ends about as well as you'd expect.
- In the process of getting a single 1-Up, Chugga falls in a pit. The team respawns in the same room — sans Kirby's power — Jon collects the same 1-up... and then NCS falls in the same pit Chugga did.
- The Inspector Gadget singalong and the conversation that precedes it (Jon telling Chugga not to sing any 90s theme songs ever again).
Jon: This is how our sanity has gone at this point. Two episodes in, and we're already singing Inspector Gadget.
- Jon having Meta Knight ride on top of Kirby's head in the Phantom Zone in Episode 9.
- Jon yelling "MIKE!" after Kirby loses the Mike ability.
- Jon's reaction to Chugga snagging a gear in Episode 9 after multiple repeats of a stage:
Jon: DAMMIT, YOU DID NOT DESERVE THAT! NOT AFTER ALL THAT CRAP WE WENT THOUGH! YOU DO NOT DESERVE ANY GEARS IN THIS STAGE! *starts laughing* I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS! *Chugga and Tim are laughing the whole time*
- The opening to episode 10, where Chugga trolls Jon and NCS.
Chugga: Hey, Jon?
Chugga: We're doing this level again! *Runs into Stage 2 again*
NCS: *Starts stammering*
Jon: Tim. Tim, open the window for me. He-he's right next to it. I'm just going to kick him out.
Jon: We are not doing this stage again!
- In Episode 10, Jon refuses to unlock a door.
- Chugga says that he and Jon are gonna fight for gears the whole time, meaning they'll pop up next to Tim. Then a gear literally spawned on top of Tim, and he got it.
- Tim taking a bath in Kirby's mouth.
Jon: Hey Tim, where are you? Are you in his mouth?
Chugga: He's just riding.
Tim: I'm taking a bath.
Chugga: In my mouth?
Jon: I don't think that's a good place to take a bath, not going to lie.
- Chugga eating Jon and spitting him out under a block that was about to crush him in Episode 10.
- The "Mix" shenanigans near the beginning of Episode 10. Chugga dumps the Spear power in order to get a "Mix" power by inhaling three things at once (in this case, a Poppy Bros.' bombs). After getting "Fire" the first time, he dumps it to try again... only for Tim to kill the Poppy Bros., yet Chugga still manages to get another mix! Resulting in... Spear.
This game is quite spear
Was that really
At least you're honest.
- Jon repeatedly denying Chugga food by bouncing on his head. Chugga protests ineffectually:
- Chugga's twist on "In the bathroom", as demonstrated in episode 10.
- During episode 11, there's one gear that's giving the guys trouble. It involves pressing the right switches and pressing one at the right time. On about their third try or so, Jon trips the wrong switch and...
Jon: Oh, dammit, that was my fault!
Chugga: [Not paying attention] Tim...
Jon: That was my fault.
Chugga: Oh. Okay. Jon...
Jon: I like how you immediately blame Tim, too.
- Episode 11 is full of bizarre noises from Chugga — all of them hilarious. For instance...
- This. More specifically, the reaction that it gets.
- At one point, Chugga turns into Snow Bowl Kirby and gets Meta Knight trapped in it while moving very slowly. While doing so, Meta Knight flails wildly and Jon begins shouting "wah! aah!" as if he was actually Meta Knight.
- The whole "Yep" conversation.
- Chugga's voice for Magolor. It really sells in context.
- Speaking of voices, there's one particular voice that seemed to have stuck with Chugga:
Jon: You're always Elmo.
- And let's not forget the "Demon Elmo" voice used when Magolor transforms.
Chugga: [in a really aggresive Elmo voice] OBTAINING THIS CROWN WAS MY ULTIMATE GOAL ALL ALONG!!!
NCS and Jon: [explode into laughter before Chugga even finishes]
- Discussing Tim as if he was the focus of a nature documentary.
Chugga: Here we see a native Tim in his natural environment!
- When Jon wonders if they got the fish version of Ultra Sword's attacks, Chugga immediately pulls it out to cut a volcano in two.
- At the end, Chugga starts questioning how rainbows can have twists in them, and Jon calls him out on his Arbitrary Skepticism, given that they've just played a game where "you ride dragons in space through Another Dimension and fight the King of Hawaii".
- At the end of the final cutscene, as Dedede pulls his head out of the ground, Chugga whispers an oh-so-mysterious something to NCS. Jon's reaction makes it hilarious, but NCS's makes it absolutely adorable.
NCS: D'oh, I missed!
Jon: [To Chugga] Rea-- Really?
him to say "D'oh, I missed".
[NCS and Chugga start laughing]
- And — last but not least, in the end of the main story — we get the signoff.
Chugga: So, this has been...
Chugga: And Nintendo Of America Product Testing Division!
[NCS starts laughing]
Jon: I feel like I got shafted in the bad names department.
NCS: How did I end up here, man?
- In the first bonus video, they decide to call the final-boss version of Chugga's Magolor voice "Sinister Elmo".
- During Jon's final run of the Item challenge room, Emile starts using weaponised Tempting Fate, just as Jon did to him in Mario Party 2. When they get to the last door, Emile says "Okay, last room." Kirby immediately jumps into the fire blocks and lands at the finish, ruining what would have been a Platinum rank for Jon.
- When Jon starts the Water Challenge:
Jon: Alright, I'm gonna start with wah-tah.
- Chugga and hugs during the first bonus episode. Also one of the biggest Heartwarming Moments in the series.
Jon: Good luck, Timothy! [...] Why are you hugging him?
Chugga: ...it was for good luck.
Chugga: Hope you didn't mind me messing with you — you'd already won, so...
Jon: Yeah, but you sounded like a dick doing it and I sounded like a dick responding to it.
Chugga: I'm sorry.
Okay. Apology accepted. [Beat
] Why are you hugging Tim?
I'm like 'Apology accepted!' and he hugs Tim!
- And, of course, our final sendoff, if for no other reason than NCS's Shout-Out to the Battletoads race.
Chugga: And we are—
Everyone: The Runaway Guys!
- At the beginning of episode 11, Jon shows the others that the first letters of the game's levels spell crowned. Chugga's reaction is hilarious.
Chugga: Dude. My mind has been blown, hit by a truck, and then thrown in an industrial grinder, and sat on by Wario's ass.
Jon: You know, the worst part is, he's not even being sarcastic. He's actually this surprised.
Little Big Planet
- Everything in the intro, no exception.
- Their costumes deserve a mention. Chugga is playing as "Mustached Shark", NCS is "Victorian Lady Gaga", Jon is our "Mexican Penguin", and Lucajin? "Patchwork MY BALLS!"
- "Everybody dance! Everybody dance!"
- AND THE KING OF ALL CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS!
- When they screw around with their costumes. At one point, all of them are covered in horse tails and feathers. There's another time when all of them are wearing hipster glasses, with Emile's on the back of his head.
- For whatever reason, they're really freaking loud in this Let's Play, randomly screaming whenever they get the chance. This is not a bad thing.
- Jon trying to put stickers on everything.
- The Death stats at the end of the first episode. Everyone else who touched water are listed as "drowned." Not Jon, who gets Death Water!.
- Chugga's terrible Stephen Fry impression, which sounds more like a cross between Bane and Scooby-Doo.
- In the beginning of episode 2, Jon is putting tentacles on everyone. Lucah stops him with this:
Lucah: Okay, I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.
- After Jon's Mexican Penguin wins the skateboard race in episode 2:
Lucah: The Mexicans know how to run for the border!
- Right after that, Chugga mentions how there haven't been any jokes about a girl being in The Runaway Guys. To which Lucah responds:
: Oh, come on. I'm more masculine than some people
Chugga: What do you mean by that?!
- Jon's Mexican Penguin hanging onto Emile's shark as they swing from rope to rope.
- In Episode 2, Lucah, Chugga and Jon discuss who should step on 2 switches.
Chugga: Ok, so, stand on this.
(Chugga and Jon stand on the platform)
Lucah: But then you get the points.
Jon: Yeah, that's the trick, so you do this.
(Nonchalantly wacks Chugga off the raised platform)
Lucah: Hahahaha! I approve!
- It easy to miss, but Lucah makes a few really bad puns... (such as how Chuggaa "Jumped the Shark", being a shark who's making jumps) To which Tim replies:
- In episode 3, Chugga fails repeatedly to get an item that requires a difficult jump, then he and Jon argue about how to get it, while in a Meaningful Background Event Tim jumps up and gets it.
- The Running Gag of Jon claiming penguins are experienced with fire.
- Chugga claims Lucah's nationality is "Ballinese".
- "Sharks are people too, you know!"
- In episode 3, Lucah tells Jon to "get back over the border" when he is the only one left scoring points. Jon then asks "Which one, Canada or Mexico?"
- Jon yelling "I AM THE PENGUIN KING!"
- Tim lets a really loud one rip. What sells it is how it derails the commentary for the next thirty seconds.
Chugga (after selecting level): Oh god... Tim....
Jon: My headache means I can't smell that. I'm so happy right now.
Lucah: Well, aren't you fortunate?
Jon: I totally am.
Chugga: You sure are.
Tim: Jeez, that's the first time in a while.
- Jon manages to keep playing a minigame and gather more score bubbles after the other three have died, he's found a technique for dodging the hazards...
- Jon winning a race and singing a theme song for the Mexican Penguin... to the theme of Star Wars.
Jon: Mexico. Mexico number one. Mexico. Mexico Penguin!
- At the start of Episode 4, Jon has stuck two gloves on springs on his avatar's head and another on Lucah's like a unicorn horn (the "Slap-a-corn", as Lucah describes it). He tries to take the latter one off, but Chugga starts the level halfway through him doing it, and it ends up looking like it's coming out of Tim's crotch.
- Chugga and Jon argue when attempting to bounce on a platform for collectibles—they both agree that it will only work if one person does it alone, but then insist they should be the one person. Jon solves the problem by slapping Chugga into the spikes below.
- "I'm riding my dog..." (a Call Back to Lucah's own LPs)
- Jon sticks glasses on a background skeletal character without anyone else noticing, leading to Chugga dubbing him "The Dead Hipster".
- Jon sticks a bunch of dog noses onto both Tim and Chugga. Their horrified reaction when one of Chugga's dog noses starts blinking is hilarious.
- Jon sticking a ton of bowties onto Chugga.
- In episode 5, the game trolls them.
Jon: Are you in?
Chugga: I am in. THERE'S MORE!
Chugga: The game is trolling us!
Jon: Oh, that's funny. That's actually pretty frigging funny.
- What makes this even funnier is that they brought this hardship on themselves. There was a lower passage filled with poison gas (Jon even pointed it out) that they could've have dropped the bombs through instead of lifting them around the long, difficult way, yet none of them realize it.
- At one point, the guys have to keep themselves from falling off a bucking cow. After NCS accidentally kills himself, Jon, as usual, immediately smacks Lucah and Chugga off to ride it alone.
- "You were uncomfortably close to her tongue!"
- The opening to episode 6, where all four just stand there silently... until Jon spawns a giant pair of glasses onto his face.
Everyone: *Cracks up*
Jon: I can't see! This is the worst idea I've had!
- Episode 6, Roller Run - Hard: Close to the beginning, they find a gate, and Jon asks, "How did we get another gate that fast?" 15 seconds later, they've used all their lives and fail out of the level.
- When they finally beat it, Chugga wins completely by accident by grabbing onto Tim's legs and hitting the goal first when he jumps for it.
- Jon tries to explain a game mechanic during a tense race in front of flaming rollers, only for Chugga to talk over him...
ProtonJon: Chill, dude, I was just explaining.
Chugga: Well explain faster!
ProtonJon: Oh don't you even...
- Jon's Insane Troll Logic explanations for the bizarrely unrelated picture icons on the Roller Run level.
- In The Mines, the Guys platform over a spike pit. Chugga, being in the lead, accidentally lands on a switch that triggers an explosion, killing Jon and sending NCS and Lucah flying in different directions.
- In episode 7, Tim quotes Egoraptor's "RIDIN' ON CARS!" Memetic Mutation, and then somehow pronounces the sound of Bill & Ted Air Guitar.
- They all make a grab for a swing, and end up with Tim hanging onto it and the other three under him holding onto each others' legs.
- Chugga claims he's a clownfish named Marlena.
- To explain, Chugga reads dialogue from a girl at the end of episode 7. This prompts Jon to say "Emile is whatever sex he wants to be." and eventually leads to the above line.
- After Chugga makes some nonsensical comments:
: This is how my mind works! I had a Pokémon
Jon: ...So Pokemon ruined your brain, is what you're saying.
Chugga: Remember, if you have friendship you'll always be a winner!
: ...I see you're coming out of the pony
- The episode to Episode 8.
Lucah: (Singing) If you like it, you should've put a ring on it!
Jon: (Puts a ton of rings onto Lucah) I REALLY LIKE IT!!!
- Chugga learns that in Britain, the part of a car called a trunk in America is called a boot. He finds this awesome and spends the next few minutes doing exaggerated Fake Brit impressions where he uses the word.
- In episode 9, everyone's constant bad attempts at Japanese Ranguage, accents as the level is based on Japan. Followed by Jon singing songs from The Lion King and Chugga saying 'Apparently Japan is in Africa now'.
- Upon being left alone a second time, Jon sings another Lion King song...with some extra lyrics.
Jon: It's a circle of life. It's a wheel of fortune. (Leaps to his death) It's a leap of faith. Not a good one, though.
- Other moments include is NCS and Lucahjin singing "Part of your World" and the Runaway Guys trying to sing "Somebody's watching me" at the beginning.
- Jon tries to take off a badge he put on Lucah's (avatar's) face, only to accidentally 'rip part of her face off' instead.
- Throughout ALL of Episode 10, the Runaway Guys... speaking in British accents... all the way to the end. It has to be seen to be believed!
- And then at the very end, after they say goodbye...
Jon: (loudly, no longer accented) THANK GOD!
- In episode 11, they go back to normal, but Chugga decides to just go back to making funny voices immediately, much to Jon's chagrin.
Chugga: (reading a character's dialogue in a bad Indian accent) Beyond this perilous temple you will find the Great Magician, master of emitters.
Jon: (while Chugga reads) Really? No. No!
- Lucah starts to yell "LEEROY JENKINS!" as they set off in a race, only for them all to instantly fall flat on their faces.
- After they win a collectible that turns out to be a mini-Sackboy your avatar holds, Jon jokes that it's his child and Chugga wonders if there's a specific crime for beating someone to death with a baby.
- Lucah starts calling her horse avatar "Secretariat" and "Seabiscuit", leading to this bit of Shaped Like Itself:
Chugga: Why is he called 'Seabiscuit' anyway?
Jon: Because it's his name!
- After Jon uses Lucah's real name Risa (abbreviated to 'Reese') and they mention respawning at a gate, Chugga puns that Lucah's future children should be known as 'Reese-spawn'.
- The Running Gag that Chugga keeps mistakenly saying every level is set in Russia rather than the region where it actually is, then at the end of the episode, they finally get a level that actually is set in Russia.
- Chugga tries to joke about how in a video made in 2008, Jon apologised for two-week video delays, when Jon nowadays rarely puts out videos. Jon says delays still make him angry. This somehow segues into Chugga claiming that Jon is only sane because the Runaway Guys provides an outlet for him to let out this rage... on Chugga.
- The first level of episode 12, Jon decides to go back to breaking the game with stickers like in episode 1. By using a gear sticker, he prevents Chugga from platforming over an icicle by blocking his vision and causing lag.
Chugga:Oh my God, Jon!
Chugga: I can't jump because you're slowing down the game!
- The big black stickers also get all over the Guys' avatars, making them look like Run-D.M.C. according to Jon, which Chugga mishears as "Billy MC".
- NCS accidentally switches Stephen Fry's voice back on when he hits the wrong button.
- The Guys play a minigame that involves riding a toboggan, but the toboggan just looks like a featureless platform leading up to something else, so they ALL get caught offguard when it moves away with them on it.
- When Jon somehow gets stuck on top of the planet Earth design at the end, and the level won't end until he comes down to join the others, he decides to go megalomaniacal:
Jon: I AM THE KING OF THE PLANET! THIS GAME DOES NOT END UNLESS I SAY SO! MEXICAN PENGUIN RULES YOU ALL LITTLE CHILDREN! YOU SHALL LISTEN TO HIS COMMANDS THAT THE WORLD IS HIS OYSTER!
- And then he ends up falling into the Earth somehow, dies, and is forced down to where the others are. So basically, the game told him to shut up.
- "This is the LP that never ends! Yes it goes on and on my friend!"
- "YEAH COFFEE! :D"
Jon: (after removing all the coffee he placed) Heh, yeah coffee!
Jon: Oh, you are not putting that in the video.
Board Game Island
- The first video starts off with the Guys observing the weird Miis Emile has on the title screen.
- The Miis also show up as a cheering or commiserating crowd during the game, leading to Jon's Running Gag "CAPTAIN FALCON APPROVES!" or "CAPTAIN FALCON DOES NOT APPROVE!"
- One of the minigames involves the Guys having to take pictures of a crowd of Miis when the biggest number of them is smiling. Unfortunately, said crowd of Miis are made up of Chugga's esoteric collection, including many ones where it's impossible to tell if they're smiling or not...
- Some of the Miis seen on Chugga's Wii are Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Brock, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Chicken Little, Bubbles, Porky Minch, Mr. Saturn, Satoru Iwata, Michael Jackson, a Mii with a penguin for a face, a Mii whose face resembles a bicycle, and a horse.
- Due to having only three players, the game randomly picks a Mii as a fourth character for them. The one it picks is a male Mii named Luca.
Jon: Hey, Lucahjin! You look different this time...That's a nice goatee you have, Lucahjin...
Tim: I knew it was too good to be true...
Emile: I knew it was gonna pick something stupid, but I didn't know that...
Jon: Ho ho...
Tim: Juuuust kidding...!
Jon: Oh Tim...
- And then Lucahjin herself comments:
Lucah: OH MY GOD.. I LOOK SO GOOD :D Yeeahhhhh ladies!!!!!
- The ridiculous voice Emile does for the announcer.
Jon: The normal voice is the highlight voice?!
- Near the end of the game, where the voice starts to revert back to his Magolor voice.
- Jon yelling "SUPERMAN!" during Cosmic Capers.
- Tim does really well for most of the board, especially in the minigames, but his last few die rolls send him not only backwards about fifteen or so spaces, but then to hellnote . I guess the universe had to rebalance itself after his win on Fortune Street.
- At the end, "How many teams have George Jefferson and a snowman on them?"
- The outro consists of Tim and Jon stating their names in an unsure manner, then Chugga claiming he forgot his own name.
Chugga: Time to start a JRPG about my amnesia!
- In the Walk-Off mini game, where the players must try to travel a certain distance, Jon goes way past the mark while everyone else stops behind it, leading to this Call Back.
- Jon's reaction to the game's choice of souvenir in Canada (a bottle of maple syrup).
Jon: THAT'S RACIST! THAT'S RACIST! Also, why is it in Vancouver? It should be in Quebec! THAT'S RACIST!
- Even funnier, Jon eventually gets that space. And Chugga gets the Mexican one where he buys a sombrero.
- Jon buys a helicopter and gets it stolen by the CPU right after that.
Jon: YOU JERK! I just bought that! *Mii Jon rummages through pockets and panics* Why is my helicopter not in my pocket?!
- Jon comparing Chugga's version of the announcer's voice to 'a Russian Elmo'.
- The group pointing out how they're talking more about economics while playing the game than they did on their Fortune Street LP, leading to Jon doing his "Mexican Waluigi" voice again.
- Chugga uses a card that lets him travel to any airport in the world. One of his choices is FINLAND! Jon also notes that there are only 3 airports Chugga can choose from and questions what happened to the economy.
- After Tim is left out of the intro and points it out, he proceeds to dominate the rest of the game.
- Chugga points out that the game randomly chose a stripe scheme for his Mii and the other blue Miis, making them look like they're all wearing polo shirts.
- Tim swaps out a Mii, Chugga says that Mii was his mom's ex-boyfriend, Jon comments "Well she didn't want him!"
- Jon initially tries to build a three in a row with platinum Miis for extra points, but eventually switches a platinum Mii for a blue Mii for an easier match. After the minigame...
Jon: I'll take the guy who kinda looks like me...
*chooses random Mii that turns out to be platinum*
Jon: (while Chugga is laughing) This is how this game's going to go, isn't it?
Tim: What the balls?
- In the mini-game "Risky Railroad" where each player must pick to go left, right, or straight and hope it doesn't lead to a dead end, Chugga tries to win by doing absolutely nothing and the game automatically puts him on the straight path each time, but on the second junction, the straight path is the dead end.
Jon: Nice try, Luigi.
- At the end of Part 1, Jon has a 1 vs 1 mini game against the CPU. The mini-game's objective is to drive a moped to deliver a pizza. Jon is singing made up lyrics to the Spider-Man 2 Pizza Delivery Song, bumps into the curb twice which costs him the mini-game, and Chugga states that Jon's singing was the best part of the video.
- After noting that their avatars wear bow ties for this game, Jon keeps making Doctor Who references, which go completely over Chugga's head.
- After getting annoyed with Chugga continuing to do the Russian Elmo announcer voice, Jon retaliates by reading out "Bank Bonanza!" in an increasingly deep and slurred voice, which Chugga dubs "Bankenstein's Monster".
- At the beginning of the video, Chugga is trying to do the Russian Elmo voice before Jon interjects. Chugga then begins reading the instructions in an increasingly fast and slurred imitation (with Jon doing his own interpretation underneath), which then turns into what Chugga describes as a "malfunctioning turkey" (or senile).
- The first few rounds mostly consist of medals being added to the bank, leading to about 12,000 medals being stored. Then someone activates a minigame — keep in mind, whoever wins the minigame wins everything in the bank. Jon wins.
- Even more amusingly, when the game ends, there's a line graph of how well everyone did. Jon's line skyrockets absurdly, attracting the amusement of the guys.
Jon: Ha! Take THAT, math! That's what I think of your graphs!
- Jon manages to win Walk-Off, giving him the game. His response?
you, America! ...I don't know why I said that.
- It's because Walk-Off measures distance in yards.
- The game manages to draw three different Mario Miis in a single game, and the Guys don't like any of them.
New Super Mario Bros. U
- Jon reveals whether or not he'll be continuing his... gameplay style from the previous New Super Mario Bros. game.
Jon: Um... for now, it's gonna be... a treaty. I'm not going to be bloodthirsty for now. Uh, if someone draws first blood on me, though, they're going to regret it.
Chugga: He's staring right at me while he's saying it!
- Basically, the whole concept of Jon being nice, especially after the fiasco from last time.
- Taking three attempts to get all the coins on the second level.
- Episode 1's outro:
I will probably continue to be ProtonJon
- Chugga decides to start episode 2 with his Spiritual Successor to the "Meet Josh Jepson" song... The Timstones.
- The sheer amount of planning Chugga put into the gag — he actually wrote the song out ahead of time on his iPad, and by the sound of the delivery, might have even rehearsed what is basically a follow-up to a years-old off-the-cuff joke. Chugga, never change.
- Giving the pink baby Yoshi a Vocal Dissonance deep boisterous voice. "YO-SHI!"
- After the Guys decide Yoshi's waving-goodbye animation at the end of the level looks like a striptease, they act like this is a Geeky Turn-On.
- In one of their replays of the second level, Josh using the term "cray-cray" and Jon's reaction.
- Chugga: I made Josh laugh. I am legitimately funny for once in my life!
- The intro to episode 3 has Tim doing a spiel about running a store which supplies Piranha Plants and dancing flowers to liven up your lawn, which segues into the Guys proposing a film called "Rise of the Planet of the Piranha Plants".
- Josh deciding to take on Jon's former role as the asshole of the group when Chugga's puns hit their peak annoyance.
- On "Rise of the Piranha Plants", Jon accidentally bounces on Chugga's head while he holds a baby Yoshi, which makes them bounce through the air repeatedly and unable to get the flag.
Jon: I can't get the gate! I'm stuck up here!
Everyone else: *cracks up laughing*
- In episode 4, NCS chases after a lost green Yoshi for a while but it runs off the left side of the screen, so he seems to have lost it. Then, just as the other Guys go through a pipe, NCS falls down and land on top of the Yoshi just as it runs back on screen, as the screen transitions to the next section.
- Josh drifting down to the top of the flagpole to get a 1-Up at the end of episode 4.
- Chugga attempting a squawky Toad voice and Jon trying to veto it.
- Jon talking about when he was flagged for spoilers on Miiverse for saying that the level "Perilous Pokey Cave" has Pokeys in it.
- In episode 5, Jon's annoyance at Chugga's Leeroy Jenkins style playing meaning that they almost missed a secret exit.
- Both Josh and Chugga treating getting star coins as Serious Business.
- Jon saying he trained for the LP by playing the game with drunken roommates, and seguing into saying that "four drunk people are the equivalent of one Chuggaaconroy".
- The fact that Tim, who is usually the one who is not paying attention, is the only one who is actually paying attention in this LP.
- In episode 6, the Guys argue over a question-mark block, with Chugga and then Josh 'camping' it by waiting above so they would get all the power-ups inside. They finally agree to back off and hit it... only for the block not to be a power-up one after all and only contain one coin.
- While Jon is well aware of its contents, just to see them struggle.
- The way Tim just vanishes (as he was on a pipe platform up above) without any of the others noticing until he reappears.
- The latter part of the Layer Cake Desert's Castle.
- In episode 7, for no reason, NCS starts singing "Barbara Ann" by The Beach Boys, and the others all spontaneously join in. Chugga remarks on he's surprised how coordinated they were.
- Chugga says he also previously thought it was "Bobber Ann", amusingly.
- Chugga makes a Xenoblade reference, then is surprised that Jon got it...
Chugga: How do you know Riki is from Xenoblade?
Jon: Because I watched you play it, because you forced me to!
- The Hyperbolic Toilet Chamber.
- NCS's intro to episode 7 involves him joking about Googling 'help me with my intro,' then Jon actually does it, finding that the top answer has someone on Yahoo! Answers wanting help with an introduction to an essay about comparing China and India, with child labor being one of the topics. This segues into Chugga announcing "The Runaway Guys endorse child labor in China!".
- Episode 8 gives us Evil Chugga. He finally understands why Jon trolled so much, and immediately starts attacking Josh.
- Evil Chugga then vanishes for Episode 9; but not in the memory of Josh, who is quick to call him an asshole (Chugga Asshole, or Asshole Conroy, or just Asshole Asshole) in the intro.
- "Crowd sourcing how to fight Boom Boom". It's apparently why Peach ends up screaming "HELP ME!".
Jon: "Excuse me, ma'am. Do you know Boom Boom?"
- NCS pulls off two Incredibly Lame Puns in quick succession at the start of episode 9: first when they run into a Cheep Cheep enemy on the overworld he says "That was cheap!" and then when Chugga opens the chest and gets the star at the end he comments "You're a star!" The best part is, nobody even notices the second one.
- Happens again during the Airship ambush level where Tim says "screw this" — not referring to the game in and of itself, but rather the nuts screwing around a bolt. Again, unnoticed.
- In a Call Back to New Super Mario Bros. Wii, they decide that the Koopalings are now all called Iggy. Except one who is Bobert...
- Josh's unintentionally dark-sounding comment "I enjoy watching them die!" in episode 10.
- "I hate physics!"
- Episode 11's "Slowbros before Ho-ohs!"
- In episode 12:
- Chugga having seen hardly any movies comes up again (not having heard of Christopher Nolan) and Jon asks him what was the last movie he saw in the theatre. Chugga replies Wreck-It Ralph, then when Jon asks him the one before that, he says he went to see Twilight with his friends as a So Bad, It's Good thing. The other three decide to ignore the last part and challenge fanfic writers and fanartists to come up with embarrassing portrayals of Chugga as a Twilight fan.
- Chugga retaliates later on by creating the mental image of Tim dressed as Yuna or Rikku from Final Fantasy X and saying it will make the fanartists 'throw up all over deviantART'.
- According to Josh, Daisy is lesbian for Birdo.
- Tim dies just as they defeat Wendy, resulting in Luigi falling off the screen with her. The other Guys comment on this, saying "Tim went down with Wendy!" Tim, running with it, quickly blurts out, "I was horny!"
- Episode 13 starts with Josh doing a fairytale-style intro and he randomly refers to the other three as women, which leads to them mocking Deviantart fanartists' obsession with doing Rule63 version of the Guys.
- Josh asks Jon if he wants to create a new collab channel...
Jon: Aren't you on, like, eight of those already?
- One of the Miis on the Miiverse they're looking at the comments of is called "Josh" and has a moustache. Jon jokes that it's actually their Josh and comments "Nice moustache, Josh"... only for Chugga to actually look at Josh to see if he has one.
- In one level, Chugga goes on a tangent about how he was bullied excessively in high school... only to be completely ignored except a single sympathetic "Awww" from Tim.
- Josh spends "two hours" (according to Chugga) trying to get a Fire Flower on an out-of-reach platform.
- Chugga points out the unintentional Running Gag of Josh repeatedly saying that this is as far as he has played into the game, only to climb down and say he's actually played 'a few more levels' every time.
- Jon and Josh randomly shake hands to congratulate each other on finishing a level.
- Everyone, and especially Chugga, constantly being killed by the Death Water in episode 15.
- A Yank the Dog's Chain moment where Jon lets Josh take a 1-up, only for the screen to transition away just before Josh can grab it due to Tim having gone up the pipe to the next area.
- At the end, Chugga claims that Josh will be replaced with Kid Rock as their fourth player.
- The guys mentioning My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic of all things.
- And in the following episode:
Emile: (to Jon) You never watch anything that I watch.
Jon: You watch My Little Pony!
Jon: Of course I don't watch what you watch!
- Jon and Josh's synchronised Evil Laugh in episode 16.
- After Chugga is disappointed that Josh finished off the boss, everyone else's chanting of "You're a dick! You're a dick!"
- In episode 17, Josh has this reaction to seeing the flying Boom Boom.
Josh: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Bro, calm down! Calm yo tits!
- In episode 18, Jon actually being nice for once (waiting so he doesn't kill Chugga by scrolling the screen up) causes them to miss a star coin and have to redo the level. Josh says he should reference the incident every time Chugga complains about him being a dick in the future.
- Jon and Josh both spontaneously decide to go quiet ("The Broadsnote have taken a vow of silence" according to Chugga), prompting Tim to suggest he killed them with a fart.
- At the end, Josh has a coughing fit and the others say he's 'dying', then Jon points out that Chugga is looking at Josh 'longingly', and Josh suggests that Chugga is harbouring necrophilia fantasies about Josh's soon-to-be-dead body.
- In episode 19, after Chugga says that being "Like A Boss" is "not the Runaway Guys way", Tim puns "we're more 'Like an Employee'."
- Also, when confronting the miniboss at the end:
Chugga: You can't be a boss! You only have dots for eyes!
Josh: That's racist!
- In episode 20, a Miiverse post says "I AM SO HORNY". Guess who the Miiverse name was? True Jon.
- Jon (the real one!) then sees that another Miiverse poster was 'Juan', and comments "Jon and Juan, it's on!"
- Chuggaaconroy even says that enabling Miiverse, for working for a straight hour, was worth it for stuff like this.
- Chugga insults Star Trek (actually meaning he had never seen it and had got a bad impression from others, but it came out like an insult) and Josh retaliates on behalf of all the Trekkies by chucking him into the lava.
- NCS had three deaths in episode 20. The causes, according to the end display? Chuggaaconroy, ProtonJon, and JoshJepson.
- Tim throws a POW Block in Episode 21 to make a coin drop down. It makes it... but not before bouncing off Chuggaa's head.
- After Josh says he has gone from assholish to apathetic, Chugga says Josh has relived Jon's entire life in a day.
- Immediately afterward, Josh suggests doing Chugga's life next.
Josh: Now I'll be Chuggaaconroy and scream and shit!
- On the first level of Episode 21, Chugga and NCS head into the pipe to go get the first Star Coin. Josh, being blind at this point in the game, saw the second Star Coin and assumed it was the first, while everyone else knew that it wasn't.
Josh: (loudly) Does nobody acknowledge that we missed the fucking Coin because you assholes went in the pipe!?
- At one point, Josh is standing on the very edge of a tilting platform that is weighed down to the right:
Jon: Walk left, Josh.
Josh: (walks right and dies)
- During an item collecting minigame in Episode 22, Josh states that the group is concentrating, leading to him accidentally blurting out concentration camp. The other three react accordingly while Josh tries to explain what he meant,
Josh: I was thinking, like, summer camp, and we're concentrating... I swear to god! No!
- They discuss the Vitriolic Best Buds trope, with Chugga saying that he heard Attacking Tucans say that new friends are very polite with each other while best friends joke about wanting to kill each other. Josh agrees and then Chugga traps him into confessing that Tucans is his best friend.
- The Stinger to episode 23, which has Jon of all people making a bad pun.
*after getting a Star and Mushroom from the minigame, Jon jumps on top of the question block and the dance animation plays*
Chugga: Jon's dancing with the powerups.
- Chugga jumping into the lava just before the flagpole in episode 24.
- During the first fight with Bowser, Jon just uses his P-acorn suit to fly up and hit the switch, leaving everyone else to die via falling in a pit because the cutscene prevented them from bubbling.
- Chugga's "Why did I have a second three-dimensional plane installed?!" at the end of the Bowser fight, which is a callback to his line in New Super Mario Bros. Wii's Bowser fight.
- In the first Superstar Road video, Jon referencing Harley Quinn and Chugga mistaking it for a reference to Rosie the Robot.
- The entirety of the "Run For It" level.
- A Miiverse post:
Nick B.: Bruce Springsteen was wrong. I was not born to run...
- Just like in NSMB Wii, Chugga and Jon's most common cause of death...each other!
- When Super Jeenius was first introduced, he was labeled as 4 v2.0
- As Jon is playing as An Ice Person, he introduces himself with a quote from Mr Freeze...but gets it wrong.
Jon: What killed the ice age?—Oh my God, I got it wrong!
Chugga: "What killed the ice age? The dinosaurs!"
- The ending of Part 1.
- At the end of the first episode, Chugga gives Jon twenty Canadian dollars as thanks for buying the DLC of the game ahead of time. Jon happily takes it and says that the DLC was actually just three dollars.
- In episode 2, much like in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, JoshJepson manages to be the Butt Monkey without even being there, as Jake denies knowing him or having done collabs with him.
- After the 'Josh / Jake being Number Four' thing is brought up again, the Guys discuss what numbering the three regular Guys should have, and Jake points out that Tim must be Number Two.
- At the start of episode 3, the Guys fight a four-way battle royale. Jake is knocked out early and decides to commentate on the three regular Guys' fight. As he is known for Buffy Speak, this gets...interesting.
- Tim nonchalantly stealing the King's horse at the start of episode 4.
- In episode 5, Chugga and Jake realise they are both members of the "kicked out of Jon's house during an LP" club.
- They also get into a brief discussion over whether Jake's inclusion would count, since it wasn't exactly Jon's house he was kicked out of, but, in Chugga's words, "a place he generally resides in."
Jon: Mmm, yeah, that's true, I'm not always there.
Chugga: See, there's thought behind my words! ... sometimes.
- The Running Gag that Jake keeps getting lightsabers that he doesn't want.
- At the end, Jon mispronounces the word hyperbole as "hyper-bowl". Chugga corrects him, then the Guys wonder what the Hyperbowl would be, deciding that it's whatever comes after the Superbowl. Of course, this then leads to Jon bringing up Chris Redfield's football career.
- In episode 6, Chugga accidentally calls Jake "Stephen", then makes a reference to Steve the Trooper, surprising himself by broaching the subject.
- In episode 8, when the guys reach the ship level, Tim starts singing the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean. Chugga joins in in his usual style, prompting Jake to say,
- The other Guys' astounded reaction to Tim having so many hitpoints in episode 11.
- Chugga calls himself a horse. note
- Jeenius' reaction to the Gorgon boss.
- While discussing Super Jeenius's departure for a Japanese university during the last PvP battle, the others grow concerned that Jake would die during the next Godzilla attack. Then Chugga asks him to get Billy Mays's "undead autograph." Which glows in the dark and is legal in at least a few states.
- From that same episode, Chugga's reaction to Jon leveling up in the middle of the last PVP fight.
Mario Party 3
Battle Royale Mode
- In the first part, Jon's choice for who he decides to play as.
- In the very first minigame, Ice Rink Risk, the guys all survive for about eighteen seconds, then get wiped out in rapid succession (as in, less than a second apart), giving the win to the AI.
- When Jon finally gets the Star, he comments on Waluigi's animation.
Jon: LOOK AT MY JIG!
- The outbreak of ice related puns in the comments of Part 3.
- Their reactions to Bowser's Ready for Lovemaking pose.
Jon: Whoah, sexy Bowser! Alright!
NCS: Wanna draw me like one of your princesses?
- As well as how he keeps using it only when Waluigi gets the Bowser space.
- Their reactions to Wario's Artificial Stupidity. Again.note
- This hilarious bit of Tempting Fate:
Chuggaaconroy: *at the item shop* Okaay...what do you have, Toad...? *quickly scrolls through the list then leaves the shop* I don't wanna buy anything 'cause I don't have enough money. Well, I DO have enough money, but not enough to feel comfortable spending it—
*Chuggaaconroy lands on a blue space and comes across a Hidden Block*
Jon: Two turns in, and he's already down to the "ooooh" noise!
- Chugga mentions how the answer Jon gave to Toad's question (telling him he would like to want both coins and stars) was a risky move, since it did give him the biggest reward for "being honest" but it was far more likely to call him greedy and give him nothing.
Jon: I'm Waluigi, of COURSE I'm greedy! What do you guys expect from me?!
- Jon's reaction to Bowser declaring Waluigi the loser at the last 5 turns announcement.
Jon: Oh come on! I paid you $90! I'm sorry I forgot our anniversary! I bought you Fire Flowers but you ate them all!
- Their reactions to Wario using his Dueling Glove (yet another example of his Artificial Stupidity).
, duel the sensible
person. (referring to Chugga, who had a ridiculous amount of coins) Chugga:
You have got to be— Chugga:
For one Coin! Jon:
Deep Bloober Sea
- Jon plays two item mini-games, "Hey, Batter, Batter!" where he has to hit a baseball to receive an item and misses and "Bobbing Bow-loons" where he has to pop a ballon with an arrow and misses due to trying to aim for the item furthest away from him.
- Jon's Waluigi voice randomly degenerating into Christopher Walken when Bowser does his Ready for Lovemaking pose for Daisy.
- Waluigi has experience as a fireman from starting fires. When Chuggaa suggests that Waluigi burned down weddings to generate business for his bridal boutique, Jon corrects him that that would make people think weddings are cursed so what Waluigi does is burn down everything else.
- The guys have played "The Beat Goes On" twice and at the beginning, Chugga tries to scat to the theme music in a particularly deep and loud voice.
- Jon landing on a Game Guy Space thanks to the curse Bowser inflicted upon everyone and has to place a bet between two Chain Chomps in a cake eating contest. He chooses Little Chomp who gains a lead a couple of times, only to have Big Chomp win.
- Jon and Tim play "Tick Tock Hop", and make 29 jumps before they both get hit by the minute hand resulting in a draw. Chugga's Motor Mouth commentary during the game counts as well.
- The Running Gag of Chugga claiming that he 'has never seen Jon awake'.
- Jon's third item mini-game for Deep Bloober Sea and Chugga asks him to use Practice Mode so he can show off the stupid move the A.I. often does they purposely jump off the swing, when they're farthest away from the barrels, landing in the water and losing the mini-game. When Jon plays the game for real, he lands between two barrels and loses.
- Chugga also plays Bobbing Bow-loons and is trying to aim for the Skeleton Key which is the closest item to Chugga, but he misses and gets a Poison Mushroom instead.
- At the end of the same video, Jon plays "Swing and Swipe", the easiest item mini-game and gets an item (Warp Block) but he doesn't get the one he wants.
- Chugga imitates DK's chest pounding and states that it hurts, followed by Jon's sarcastic response.
- Jon's reaction to the minigame "Ridiculous Relay" in Part 3, as well as Chugga managing to accidentally insult Jon's mother again and Tim's Deadpan Snarker moment when Chugga plays an item game.
- At the end of Part 3, Jon lands on an item mini-game space and has to play "Hey, Batter, Batter!" again and this time, he hits the ball, except the ball pop flies, resulting in Jon losing again.
- Tim lands on a Chance Time space and makes Jon lose his stars to Peach, and complains, but remains calm all while Chugga is laughing hysterically which Jon notices.
- While playing "Awful Tower", Chugga says it's "insult to injury" for Jon referenceing the Chance Time incident. Jon is also one jump away from winning the mini-game but misses and takes a severe plummet.
- "Don't pants."
- Their reaction to Peach landing on a Bowser Space and receiving 50 coins.
- Chugga's Toy Story references at the beginning of Part 1 and Jon's confusion over exactly what he was referencing.
- Jon lands on a battle game space, only for the counter determining how many coins will be fought over to end on 0, so nothing happens.
- "The monkey's got a star and he refuses to take his medication!"
- Chugga wins a battle minigame by doing absolutely nothing.
- Chugga's Double Take moment where both he and Jon are racing for the same star. Chugga's roll puts him one space in front of Jon...who has a Bowser Suit.
Chugga: (pleased) Hey cool, I'm ahead of Jon now. (sudden realisation) Oh crap, I'm ahead of Jon now!
- Even better is that Jon implies he completely forgot he had the Bowser suit, so if Chuggaa hadn't opened his mouth, he would have been fine.
- Chugga and Tim's end result for Toad's face in Picture Imperfect.
- Chuggaaconroy and ProtonJon arguing like an old married couple after Chuggaaconroy gets a star.
Jon: Why am I even bothering at this point? Like, I don't know what it is this game has against me.
Chugga: Okay, in all seriousness, I think I really earned that after how much I had to recover from. 'Cause I had Game Guy, then Boo.
Jon: That's true... What do you mean, Boo? Like, you stole money from me! And then I stole them back.
Chugga: Well, considering you stole more back from me—
Jon: 2 coins!
Chugga: Still more!
Jon: 2 coins! Don't even! I—Game Guy— Game Guy, I'll give you...
Chugga: -indignant girly exclamation- Ah!
Jon: Winning the mini-game, I'll give you...
Jon: But NOT the 2 coins!
- Immediately after the above banter:
Chugga: By the way, [Jon], the Star is right behind you.
Jon: -distracted- Wait, what?
Chugga: Yes. Press R. See?
- Jon's great Verbal Backspace moment where he complains that Tim and Chugga have 2 stars each to his none - (lands on a hidden block, gets a star) "...I take that back".
- Towards the end of Part 4, the Guys play Cheep Cheep Chase, and it appears Jon might actually get lucky for once, only for a bomb to literally appear out of nowhere, leaving Jon no time to react and he loses to the AI because of it. Jon's reaction is painfully hilarious, especially the tone of his voice.
Jon: AH-WHAT—WHAT, LOOK AT THAT! THAT WAS BULL— THAT WAS TOTAL BULLSHIT!
Chuggaa: -laughing hysterically-
Tim: That was pretty much bullshit...
Chuggaa: Oh my god! The AI is taking it again. Yeah.
Jon: That was total bullshit!
Chuggaa: What? You didn't dive.
Jon: Don't even start with me! You saw how that worked! That just appeared immediately!
Chuggaa: It moved back in front of you.
Jon: Look, you saw that bomb just magically appear, you saw that, right?!
- Even better, the past part of the video is the scene where Jon gets hit by the bomb, played entirely in slow-motion. Hearing Jon's enraged "THAT WAS TOTAL BULLSHIT!" in slow motion is pure comedy gold!
- This becomes even more outrageous come the end of the game Where it turns out that Jon was 1 minigame win off tying for the Minigame Star, which would have won him the game. Jon just can't catch a break!
- Forced to play "The Beat Goes On" again, the guys entertain themselves by making the sequence of buttons spell "BAZA BAZA BAZA..." and even the AI joins in!
Chugga: BAZA BAZA BAZA BAZB!
Jon: You ruined it!
- The Laser-Guided Karma of Chugga losing two stars to Jon by Chance Time after repeatedly stopping him from using the Magic Lamp.
- Chugga's callback to his Super Mario 64 DS LP and claims that making Dorrie wear Wario's hat was animal abuse, much to Jon's confusion.
- The fact that Tim keeps winning because Chugga and Jon keep focusing on the AI or each other.
- When rolling for turns, Jon rolls a 1... again. Chuggaa laughs.
- When Jon uses the skeleton key, and doesn't know why it's a bad move...
Chugga: Thank you.
Jon: Why? Why the thank you?
Jon: Why the thank you?
Jon: WHY THE THANK YOU?!
- And the payoff: Chugga uses his Plunder Chest to swipe Jon's Koopa Kard, with Jon being completely unaware that the Plunder Chest allows you to select who you want to steal from. To make it even better, Chugga then lands on the bank space anyway, making the entire venture pointless.
- Chuggaa's laugh when Jon loses on the first coconut in 'Coconut Conk'.
- Mario, controlled by the AI, lands on a Game Guy space and plays Game Guy's Magic Boxes, where you have a 50/50 chance of doubling your coins, and you can go 3 times. Mario plays twice, and wins twice, resulting in a guaranteed Coin Star lead. Mario's grand total after the Game Guy game? 596 coins. All of this is punctuated by Chuggaa's loud multiple oh my gods. Amazing.
Jon: This is really just the game's way of saying "Hey, you should have stayed as Mario!"
Chugga: It really is!
- On the next turn, Jon himself lands on the same space and gets the exact same game. Surprisingly, he actually manages to win.
Chugga: So, do you wanna play again?
- Chugga responds to the AI's huge coin lead by deliberately landing on Chance Time. He says "Chance Time, bitches!" as an attempted Badass Boast, only for Jon to mock him for how unthreateningly he pronounced it.
- Tim and Jon play Tick Tock Clock...again...and Chugga struggles to think of anything new for commentary, while being distracted by Tim singing "Rick Astley's 'Never Gonna Give You Up'" in the background.
- The guys end up playing a battle game for 40 coins total, with them all worrying that Mario will win and extend his coin lead even further. Mario knocks himself out of the game in about three seconds.
- The guys pointing out how weird it looks for Mario to be upset while he's in fourth place, despite having over six hundred coins.
Jon: Oh no! I'm a millionaire!
- Jon proceeds to knock Chugga out of the snowball-rolling game that they previously had a bitter disagreement about due to Jon not knowing the rules, and then combines three quotes about revenge into one.
- Tim randomly decides to act out a round of Family Feud, Jon plays along as the contestant, while Chugga ignores them both.
- The Running Gag of people (especially Jon) constantly landing on the bank when it's empty.
- Mario stops by Baby Bowser's shop and buys an Item Bag and gets 3 Reverse Mushrooms.
- While playing Ice Rink Risk, Chugga loses because the last spiny shell lands on top of him.
- Tim is about to land on Boo, Chugga uses a Warp Block and manages to switch places with him, uses Boo to steal a star from Jon, then Jon passes an item store, gets a Boo Bell and steals it straight back again.
- On the second to last turn, Mario decides to land on an item space instead of a Happening Space with a full item inventory making it impossible for him to get any new items.
- Before that, there's Mario choosing to land on a Bowser space instead of a blue space.
- Jon discovering the sensitivity of the fishing controls in Hand, Line And Sinker, spending a whole ten seconds not casting his line as he fights for control.
- And then he yells so hard he gives himself a headache after he finally wins a fishing minigame in a Mario Party game.
- The last minigame is, what else, The Beat Goes On...and Tim actually manages to win it!
- Part 1 starts out with all three of them doing Waluigi voices, and threatening to do it throughout the whole board.
- Jon gets a robocall on his phone, which Chugga mishears as 'a call from RoboCop'. Jon retorts "I'd take that call!"
- In the last minigame of Part 1, Tim wins by taking advantage of the fact that Jon and Chugga fixate on knocking each other out and ignore him - a neat microcosm of the whole LP.
- At the end of Part 2, Jon lands on an item mini-game space and is asked what he would do if he saw 50 coins. He answers "leave them there" and Toad gives him two items and Jon admits that that answer he gave wasn't really honest.
- Chugga's incredulous reaction when Tim gets another Wacky Watch. A rare item that's hardly ever seen usually, and Tim's got one in three boards out of six!
- And then he gets a lucky token in the same game, at this point, Chugga's basically too flabbergasted to care.
- In Part 4, Chugga buys a Bowser Suit in hopes of stealing some coins from Wario who's right in front of him. The next turn, Chugga has to roll anything except a 1 and suffice it to say, that's exactly what he rolls.
- The random space island also has every space turned into Chance Time spaces, however, Wario ends up landing on the Bank and gets himself 30 coins.
- One of the star locations is near Jon and Tumble makes an angry face and Chugga jokes that the game definitely hates Jon since the star is that close to him. On the next turn, Jon rolls an 8 and barely misses the star while landing on a Bowser space and losing 15 coins. Chugga then rolls a 10, the exact number he needed to reach the star.
Jon: O-of course! Of course!
Chuggaa: -laughing hysterically-
Jon: OF COURSE! Why the FUCK would it be anything else?! WHY would I expect anything else?
Chuggaa: Oh my god...! Hehehe! Oh my...!
Tim: Daaang...can you believe that crap?
- All of them doing variations of Bowser's "Gwahaha" laugh.
Jon: See you later, gwa-ha-ha.
- Chugga recounting how he never got past Spiral Mountain in Banjo-Kazooie because he didn't read anything Bottles said and just wandered around not knowing what to do.
- ANOTHER rare item appears, this time Chugga getting the Barter Box item that lets you switch your inventory with another person. He is very happy, having forgotten that Jon has a Plunder Chest he can steal it with. His reaction when Jon does just that has to be heard to be believed.
- In the Duel Game "Vine With Me", DK and Yoshi (Being played by Jon at the moment) are neck-to-neck, but right at the very end, DK overshoots and sails RIGHT OVER the finishing platform. It's a lot funnier than it sounds.
- Tim's performance in Cosmic Coaster.
- Chugga revealing his strategy for winning Mario's Puzzle Party: doing absolutely nothing.
- Chugga keeps saying the next board they'll play will be "Mr. Mover", only for it to be a different one every time.
- Tim's Hurricane of Puns about vines when Chugga and Jon play "Vine With Me". Jon tells him not to encourage Chugga.
- When Chugga and Jon play the chicken-hunting minigamenote , Tim slips into a spoof of the announcer from a Survivor-type reality show. Unfortunately the game ends before he can get very far into the parody.
- Jon's Piranha Plant constantly screwing him over by finding a hidden dice every time he's landed on a space he wanted.
- When Chugga returns to his starting position, he gets a Bob-Omb for his rear partner. When he returns to his starting position, he decides to get a new rear partner and gets another Bob-Omb.
- Chugga lands on a Waluigi space and has to pay Jon 5 coins. Then Jon lands on a DK space and has to pay the 5 coins back.
- Chugga is trying to catch up to Jon when Jon rolls a 9, causing Chugga to lament that he probably won't catch him. Then Jon lands on a reverse space.
- Chugga rolls a 4 and has to decide whether to land on a reverse space or a minigame space. He chooses the reverse space, rolls a 10, and ends up landing on the minigame space anyway.
Chugga: It was fate!
- The beginning has Jon managing to attack Tim, taking away three pieces of his HP meter. At that moment, if Jon manages to hit him again, he wins an easy victory. But then Tim is given an option to go in another direction, leading him to a Happening Space, and one of the options seen on the roulette is restoring your heart pieces.
Jon: Wait, what?
(Tim gets restore heart pieces)
Chugga: The Millennium Star loves you, Tim.
(Tim's heart pieces are restored, rendering Jon's attack worthless)
(Tim and Chugga laughing hysterically)
- Chugga has a Whomp as one of his partners, then gets another one in the roulette. Then he lands on a happening space which has the effect of 'partners switch positions' in the most pointless turn ever.
- Chugga and Tim play "End of the Line", where you have to choose one direction for a train three times in a row and it defaults to right if you don't press anything. Chugga tries to win by doing absolutely nothing, and almost succeeds before losing on the third time.
- In Part 2, Jon becomes "The Tech Psychic" (as dubbed by Chugga) when he casually keeps predicting which pipe the players will come out of or what number they'll roll, and is right almost every time.
- Tim and Chugga play "Tick Tock Hop", and this time Jon has to do the commentary. He manages to fill the time with a Seinfeldian Conversation just as Tim did in the same role.
- Mixing the above two entries together, Jon nonchalantly states that the clock hands will suddenly change direction by the time he finishes talking, which they do. All he has to say in response to Tim and Chugga's amazement is a simple "told ya!"
- Tim and Chugga play "Fowl Play" and Jon's commentary is In The Style Of Rocky's trainer, as though catching the chicken is a Wax On, Wax Off training technique. He makes Chugga laugh so hard that he loses, and then Chugga accuses him of doing it on purpose to help Tim.
- At the end of the video, Jon lands three spaces away from Tim when the Piranha Plant gives him a spare Dice Block. Chugga and Jon spend a good little while anticipating and explaining the potential outcomes the Dice Block could give them; namely, if Jon rolls a three (the highest a Piranha Plant Dice Block can go), he could finish off Tim and win the game, if not, there's the possibility that Tim could get a high roll and finish off Jon. A moment of silence... and Jon rolls the three. Cue the guys reaching new levels of volume at luck turning a match around.
- In the first part, Chugga's absurd luck kicks in again, with him winning at Game Guy three times, while Tim gets stuck going back and forth between two turnaround spaces.
- And then his luck turns around when Tim gets his heart pieces restored by a Happening Space, ultimately netting Tim the win. Chugga's reaction is typical.
Wario Ware Inc.
New Super Luigi U
- Running gags
Two words: I can't count.
Two words: One of the shortest sentences you can make.
- Episode 1
- Because Mario is not in the game, Chugga decides to be Yellow Toad:
Chugga: I will be the best Yellow Toad we've ever had!!!
Jon: Even better than Josh.
- "If cats have 9 lives, does that mean that rabbits have 99 lives?"
- Jon says to let Tim have the power-ups, and he accidentally takes them all. Chugga says this:
Chugga: "Let Tim get the power-ups" he said.
- Episode 2
- Chugga does the by now traditional spoof of a cartoon theme song...this time it's Runawayniacs.
- All three of the Guys are so busy taking the time to make sure they get the best bonus combinations on the hidden level that they are caught completely offguard when they run out of time just before hitting the flagpole and have to redo the level.
- Episode 3
: You know Jon, you're like Viridi
, you can be really nice when you try.
: OH NO! And people compare me to Pit
, dang it! I didn't even think before I spoke!
- Episode 4
- Jon spots a Miiverse post...by himself. And it's a joke about Waluigi. (He claims he made at least 30 posts on the game and only that one involved Waluigi).
- Jon climbs up a vine first, only for the game to randomly decide to instead have Chugga at the top of the vine when the screen shifts.
- Chugga pointing out a rendering error in the mushroom house when his character dances both in front of and behind Toad at the same time.
- Just like Tim and Josh in the past, Jon manages to pause the game when he's trying to bubble.
- Both Jon and Chugga try to jump for a coin, only for both of their jump button pushes not to register. They fall into the pit below and Tim gets it.
- Episode 5
- Not even 45 seconds in, they fail out of a level.
- At one point, Jon tries to risk his life for a star coin... Only for Tim to rush in and grab it before he could. Made better just a few moments later when he accidentally bounces Tim into the next star coin. And also by Tim singing the "I am an asshole" song.
- Chugga even lampshades this by pointing out that first Jon was the dick, then he was a dick, and now Tim is being a dick, so they're all evil.
- Episode 6
- Episode 7
- "Darn kids get off my intro!"
- Halfway into the level "Weighty Waddlewings", both Jon and Tim get killed by a group of Waddlewings.
- Jon loses a life because Chugga pops his bubble by jumping on it over a pit.
- Episode 8 is pretty much the established Train Wreck Episode for this LP, including one time all of them bubbling at the very beginning of the level
- Which you can see here.
- And we get to see another comment from Jon, this time about the Bowser snowman.
- In episode 9, we get possibly the greatest Accidental Innuendo ever. Of all time.
Chugga: Whoa! Two or three-up, my ass!
Jon: You might want to rephrase that one.
- In Episode 10, Emile accuses Jon of wanting to kill him as the latter throws a Koopa shell at some enemies, with Jon pointing out that he hasn't tried to kill him yet in the entire LP. Emile later states that he constantly expects it due to putting up with years of "Jon's constant abuse".
Jon: Why? I tried to kill that thing. Calm down.
Jon: I'm not always trying to kill you! In fact I haven't even tried to kill you this entire LP!
Chugga: I'm sorry, but after so many years of constant abuse I'm just used to—
Jon: Wow, way to make me sound like a total asshole!
- Also in Episode 10, we have this exchange as Chugga gets a Penguin Suit.
Chugga: I need to embrace my inner penguin to move through this stage.
[Gets hit almost immediately]
- During one part of the video, Chugga says that Nintendo released the 2DS, "a weird awkward system that nobody wants, it really is the Year of Luigi".
- In Episode 11, Tim randomly hits the A button to bring up Miiverse posts while they're hanging around on the map... And the very first Miiverse post in range says, "Hi Protonjon Nintendocaprisun and Chuggaaconroy!" The guys break down laughing, and spend a good minute or so discussing how that particular Miiverse post knew to target them specifically.
- Episode 12: When Chugga and Tim are laughing at the frustrated noises Jon is making:
- Episode 13: Jon spends the majority of the episode spewing out Angrish and rage at the game's controls.
- The guys discover that the final Star Coin in the Ghost House either requires you to keep a star in effect until the end of the stage (which they deem impossible with three players) or have a Flying Squirrel powerup. So they use an acorn. As they start the stage, Jon says "If we all lose our flying squirrel suits before we get the star...". Cue all three of them losing the powerup on the first jump of the stage seconds afterward.
- Jon then tells them not to worry, since there's acorns in a nearby block. Cue all the acorns falling off the edge and Jon almost dying trying to get one.
- Near the end of the episode, after the guys have finished an absolutely nightmarish Boo house stage, they read a Miiverse post that says "LOL so easy". Chugga is not amused.
Emile: [groans] Oh screw you!
- Episode 14: The guys end up having their SECOND Train Wreck Episode.
- Episode 15: Tim's "foreshadowing" pun is enough to make Chugga groan, while Jon seems to miss it altogether.
- On the stats listing at the end, Jon's one proper death (by the purple goop) is attributed to "Death Water".
- Episode 16
- Episode 17
Chugga: An unlikely hero. Two fungi sidekicks. A damsel in distress. And we are stowaways on this spine coaster to save her. This is Super Luigi U. Let's do it.
- And Tim's reaction to the aforementioned line.
- The guys when Tim dies (while Chugga and Jon are in bubbles) and have to start the spine coaster level over.
- At the end of the level "Spike's Seesaws", Jon and Tim reach the top of the flagpole and get a 1-Up, but not Chugga.
- Episode 18: Jon tries to grab Nabbit and falls with him into a Bottomless Pit... only to find that this counts as an escape for Nabbit and a loss for them. Cue Precision F-Strike from Jon and Big "WHAT?!" from Jon and Chugga.
Jon: BULLSHIT! Fuck you game!
- Episode 19: Chugga uses "penguin-ing" as a verb and Jon complains. "That's not how you english."
- Episode 20: Chugga randomly says "I like you, Jon!". Jon is very confused. Chugga gets annoyed and spends the rest of the video reminding Jon that he said that whenever Jon says something vaguely insulting to him.
- Episode 21: The opening:
Jon *in a deep voice* In the clouds, no one can hear you scream. But they can probably hear you yell a lot and swear, as God knows that's what I've been doing. Welcome back to Meringue Clouds Ghost House. In New Super Luigi U.
Chugga: They say that no one can hear you scream in the clouds, except the person standing right next to you. Don't be that guy.
- Episode 22:
Three heroes, two boss stages, and one pissed off Jon!
- At the beginning, Jon and Chugga get into an arguement about "Vampire Squirrels".
- Jon gets killed by the same moving block twice.
- And then by the time they reach the third star coin of the castle all three of them bubble and kick themselves out of the level.
- Episode 23: At the end, Jon and Chugga have a brief Cavemen vs. Astronauts Debate about whether the overworld map is meant to imply their characters are going straight through the doors of Peach's Castle or finding a secret way up the back. After a while, Chugga lampshades how pointless the argument is.
- Episode 24 begins with Guys suffering Total Party Kill. Twice. In the first minute of the video.
- Tim is this close to getting the final hit on Bowser, with Chugga calling it, until Tim misses it by the slightest margin. Cue the Big "NO!" from Chugga.
- Jon steals the last hit on Bowser from Tim's second attempt, leading the Guys to realize that Jon landed every hit on Bowser after he had stolen Bowser Jr.'s Clown Kart from the other two every time. This leads him to confirm that he plays better when he's an asshole after all.
- Episode 25 provides another hilarious Train Wreck Episode. Three words: P. Switch. Peril.
- Specifically, Jon's outburst near the end after he successfully pulls off a trick to bypass the last of the level's obstacles.
Jon: *beat* Wow, that was cathartic.
- Episode 26 was a funny one. They made it through three Star World stages with ease, but the last one was yet ANOTHER Train Wreck Episode.
- Out of anger of failing, yet another run of a stage, there's this gem:
: Love of... [[Video Game
/Xenoblade the Monado]]!
- Episode 27: After going through the entire game without using a single continue, Tim loses all his lives on the level "Impossible Pendulums"... and has to use one. And Jon and Chugga don't even realize it until they reach the flagpole.
Jon: RIGHT AT THE END!
Chugga: NO, TIM!
Mario Party 4
Toad's Midway Madness
- Episode 1 has Chugga say that this Gamecube Mario Party game has better graphics than Mario Party 9 on the Wii.
- During character selection, Jon states while Waluigi didn't do him well during Mario Party 3, he's gonna give him another chance.
- Chugga's sadness that this is the last Mario Party that Donkey Kong is playable in, meaning if they go on to Mario Party 5, he'll be someone new.
- Chugga picking Peach for the CPU, the guys get a bit tense at this.
- Jon, the player who doesn't know what he's doing ends up going first.
- Gets even better if you remember in Mario Party 3, he almost ALWAYS went last.
- The running gag where the roller coaster chases characters around a loop, prompting the trio to make several Sonic references, not the least of which involves Jon singing the "City Escape" theme at one point.
- Their first time playing Pair-a-Sailing:
Chugga: The AI drives flawlessly in this game.
- In Episode 4, Chugga gets a chance to showcase Peach's new losing quote. Guess what it is? D'OH, I MISSED!
- And right after that, he delivers what might be his worst pun ever.
"I guess Wario got impeached..."
- Followed by Tim belting out the Green Rupee scream afterward.
- Makes one wonder if that's the real reason he picked her.
- Chugga's been saving that one for a while hasn't he? You bet your sweet Canadian bippies.
Jon: My "sweet Canadian bippies?"
- Jon's luck. After using his magic lamp to get two stars in two turns in a row, the star moves 5 spaces in front of him. He then rolls a 10. After getting the star, the next one is on his route, and in fact on the space Chugga is already on! His luck only stops when he gets forced to the other side of the map.
- Just before that, when Jon summons the genie of the lamp.
- Tim's lampshaded What an Idiot moment playing Hide and Go BOOM!!, as he's so focused on trying to decide which cannon to hide in he forgets to press a button to actually hide in one and automatically loses by default.
- The first time Jon steals Chugga's coins via the Boo House.
Chugga: I've suffered enough, Jon!
Jon: You know what, do you even want me to mention Mario Party 3 at all, or does it just like go without saying at this point?
- Chugga and Tim panicking at the sight of Bowser's Bigger Blast when Jon is choosing a Battle game.
- Everyone's reaction when during the second last turn of the game, Peach lands on Bowser, Bowser himself arrives instead of Baby Bowser, and ends up giving Peach a Bowser Suit, one of the rarest items in the game.
- During the explanation screen for Booksquirm, Chugga reads the instructions, and lampshades how many times he's said "page". Jon then responds to this accordingly:
*A big "FIVE!!" appears on screen.*
Jon: Now make it spin around in circles.
*Text spins in place.*
Chugga: Any other wishes, O Master?
Jon: Uhm...Add some rave lights, and maybe some Darude.
*Screen becomes rainbow-colored, accompanied with "Insert whatever derude
Shy Guy's Jungle Jam
- Jon's luck from the last board continues when he gets a Hidden Block with a star in it early on.
NCS: Apparently you had another present under the tree.
Jon: The birthday tree?
NCS: Uh... yes?
Jon: MERRY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!
- Later on, Jon lands on a blue space and Chugga jokingly says "Hidden Block?". Sure enough...
- Jon complains about the game "Avalanche!" because there's a certain rock that he always hits. Once he gets to said rock, he wipes out despite thinking that he dodged it. He then asks Chugga to go back and rewatch it in editing, thinking that he lost because Luigi tripped into him. Turns out that Jon really did just hit the rock, complete with hilarious slow-motion.
- Also, DK's awkward winning pose.
- Chugga expresses some glee at using a Mega Mushroom to steal most of Luigi's money. Luigi then wastes almost all of his coins on an item, and then the rest by intentionally going to a red space, in what's either another case of Artificial Stupidity or the AI spiting Chugga on purpose by robbing him of his chance to pilfer its coins.
- When Chugga does use the Mega Mushroom later on, Jon realizes that if he gets a good enough roll he'll be able to steal from everyone. He rolls two ones meaning he doesn't even come close to them. On the bright side though, rolling doubles does give him 10 coins.
- Right near the end of part 2, everybody plays Stamp Out, and the game ends in a three-way tie between Chugga, Tim, and the computer. Jon promptly accuses them all of ganging up on him.
Chugga: A three-way tie for everyone but Waluigi!
Jon: Yeah, 'cause you all focused on me, you dicks!
- In part 3, Jon says that he was singing "Camp Granada" by Allan Sherman while in the shower, and he immediately starts singing it again, joined by Tim.
- Chugga gets three Mega Mushrooms and proclaims "Time to go King Kong on this...crap." Jon points out that every time he tries to swear, it sounds wrong, with a Call Back to "Chance Time...bitches."
Goomba's Greedy Gala
- Jon not catching a single fish in Cheep Cheep Sweep.
- In Episode 2, Daisy has over 50 coins one space before the Boo house, while both Chugga and Jon have a star and very similar coin counts. Both assume that Daisy will steal from the current leader, so they both try to lose as much money as possible. Chugga plays a lottery and loses, then lands on red space, losing 8 coins. Jon goes to roulette, pays Goomba 20 coins to change the outcome... and wins all his coins back. Cue Daisy stealing a star from him.
: Even when you are incredibly lucky, you still have shit
- Then, at the very beginning of the next video, Bowser Jr. proceeds to steal 20 coins from everyone. The knowledge that this could have benefited him at the beginning of the turn isn't lost on Jon.
Jon: You couldn't have done that earlier?!
- Jon miscalculates how many spaces Chugga is away from the Star. This allows Chugga to get the Star, and just after that, Tim swoops in and gets another Star.
Jon: What have I set in motion?! What have I set in motion?!
- Jon losing their first game of Team Treasure Trek because he doesn't see his partner holding the key.
- Daisy and Tim are both within five steps of the star and Daisy is going first, with a clear path to the star. That is, until she inexplicably decides to use a mini-mushroom and roll a 2, avoiding the star altogether.
Tim: I paid her off.
- Jon wins a game of Tree Stomp by standing in a corner while Daisy stands around like a moron, blocking Chugga and Tim from crushing him.
- Chugga somehow manages to get 4 1's in a row.
- Jon gets a 7:
Emile: Four. Oh, seven! Why did I say four?
Jon: Where did you get seven from? Holy cow dude!
Emile: Wait, you said where did I get seven from?
Jon: Oh my god...it's one of those days apparently.
- The fact that Chugga ends up getting last place on a luck-based board.
Boo's Haunted Bash
- Chugga's questionable intro.
Chugga: Welcome to Boo's Haunted Bash where the only thing scarier is that if Jon wins this board, nobody can touch him. Let's have a nice clean game, and by clean, I mean bloody.
Jon: I like- I like not being touched by guys, so, yes. Let's make sure.
- In part 2, Chugga and Jon end up on the same team for Pair-a-sailing, and Chugga intentionally tries to sabotage Jon by steering away from the coins. A series of ClusterFBombs is dropped in the process. To Jon's astonishment, they somehow end up earning more coins than Tim and the AI.
Jon: What the fuck just happened?
- In the same part, Chugga talks about his tendency to put cliffhangers in his videos. Guess how this one ends.
- Jon congratulates Chugga for using "actual wordplay".
Chugga: I have achieved actual wordplay!
- Tim almost winning GOOOOOOOAL!! by just diving back and forth.
- The slow-motion when Jon asks if Chugga's shot canceled out his own, followed by Chugga's strangely seductive "I don't know".
- In part 5, the gang is playing Makin' Waves again, with Chugga in the center. Chugga's been holding his own so far. Then this comes up:
Jon: You might actually win this!
Chugga: DON'T SAY THAT, JON!
Jon: But you're not flipp- (Chugga almost immediately flips over and loses the game)
- The guys suddenly belting out in song when the minigame "Blame it on the Crane" is chosen, in reference to another LPer who is mostly known for his Mario Party videos.
Koopa's Seaside Soiree
- The intro:
Tim: So I heard there's this new movie coming out called "Constipation", have you guys heard about it?
Tim: Well that's because it hasn't come out yet.
Chugga and Jon: OOOOOHHHH-HOH-HOOOOOOOOH!
Chugga: Go, Tim, buddy!
- Jon's "tables have turned" rant during Manta Rings.
- Tim and Jon's flabbergasted reaction to Chugga saying that he has a stance when playing button mashing games.
Jon and Tim: Stance? YOU HAVE A STANCE!?
- Mario lands on a Happening Space which forces him to ride a dolphin from one orange dock to the other. On his next roll, he lands on the exact same Happening Space and ends up right back where he started.
- Chugga discusses what "multiplayer" is like in Mario Party Advance: You play on a board game version of Mario Party while using the GBA as a dice roller.
- The Guys play Hide and go BOOM! against the AI and immediately decide to collaborate. Once the AI picks the one empty cannon, they point out that they could just skip the rest of the game and Chugga actually presses start to do so.
- Afterwards, they notice that the cannons spell "BAYX" and go on a tangent about it being a more extreme version of Michael Bay called Michael Bay X.
- Mario uses a Mini-Mushroom to go through a pipe to get to the area where Reversal of Fortune/Boo is... and then goes the opposite way, resulting in Chugga calling him a "puss".
Jon: Did you just call Mario a puss? Where are you from?!
Chugga (in a thick hick accent): I'm from Arizona which is dead last in the nation for education.
- Jon's outraged reaction (and subsequent instant replay) when Mario wins Fish n'Drips even though Jon got his last button input in before the AI.
- Tim quoting Adam Sandler's "Do It For Your Mama," and both Jon and Chugga thinking it's... something else.
- "Join us next week when Jon wins Bowser's Gnarly Party." He doesn't.
- Chugga loses the Coin Star by 2 coins and he could've won it if not for Tim winning a Lucky Mini-Game, bringing him up to 97 coins and landing on a blue space to make it an even 100, which is also what prevented Chugga from winning.
- The best part is that Tim knew exactly what he was doing. He just thought it would be funny if Jon won every board.
Bowser's Gnarly Party
- In Part Two, Chugga mentions that when they were in Los Angeles once, he saw some drug dealers outside. Jon follows that up by pointing out that Chugga thought one of the dealers was fellow LPer Lucahjin.
- Actually a Call Back to the videos for Mario Party's bonus content, the Minigame Island.
- At the end of Part Two, NCS lands on a Bowser Space and the beginning of Part Three shows NCS losing a mere 15 coins, making it an Anti-Climatic cliffhanger. Chugga also points out that it prevents NCS from using his Magic Lamp and asks Jon if it sounds familiar. Jon is not amused.
- The end of Part Three has everybody play Slime Time. Jon congratulates Chugga in advance for his victory. To their surprise, NCS wins. Chugga then calls out Jon for tempting fate.
Chugga: See, Jon? Don't jinx it!
- Made doubly funny when Jon reveals he said it on purpose to (once again) weaponize Tempting Fate.
- Also in Part 3, this exchange when Tim won Paths of Peril:
Jon: NO WAY! SERIOUSLY?!
Jon: But Tim beat us both!
- Chugga using a Mini Mushroom in hopes of getting a nearby Happening Space in part five.
Chugga: There's only a 40% chance of me getting it.
(Chuggaa rolls a one)
(Chugga and Tim laugh)
- When Chugga is talking about his feelings on Jon winning overall, Jon points out that he talked about it constantly between recordings.
Jon: One of the first things you said this morning was "I'm gonna make sure you don't win."
: Like, I'm just waking up reading Twitter, you're playing Layton
, and you're like "I'm gonna make sure you don't win." And I'm like, "Hi to you too?"
- While playing Cheep Cheep Sweep, Jon and Peach annihilate Chugga and NCS. NCS then tries going over to their goal and steal their fish, it doesn't work for obvious reasons, then he sides up alongside Peach and tries to get Peach to drop her fish into his net.
Mega Board Mayhem
- On the very first turn, Jon visits the shop and finds they sell nothing but Warp Pipes.
Jon: Good store! Good store!
Chugga: Lots of variety, yeah! The regular Walmart, isn't it?
- Chugga fawns over his cat's adorable meowling.
- Meanwhile, Jon thinks Chugga loves his cats a little too much and goes into detail about him psychotically hugging them.
Mini Board Mad-Dash
- When Bowser is faking in Fruits of Doom.
Jon: Don't fake me out, I know it's on there.
- Also, playing Fruits of Doom is what stopped Jon from winning. Yet, it still did nothing to get Chugga out of last place.
- And when Waluigi got burnt to a crisp:
Chugga: Well, enjoy your crispy fried Waluigi for the low-low price of $19.95.
Waluigi glares at the screen and Chugga laughs.
Jon: He looks depressed, I don't blame him.
- The fact that this is the first ever time they've lost to the AI.
Thwomp's Backroom Ball
- The Guys play Panel Panic, which has all three of them plus six other characters choose to stand on a panel labelled 1-9 and then everyone hits a dice block, with every number that comes up causing the corresponding panel to disappear and that person to fall through. They proceed to all knock each other out in a draw. TWICE.
- When Tim plays Barrel Baron for the second time, he manages to get over 100 points, and Jon jokes about him [Tim] upgrading from a "Gas Station Patron" to a "Gas Station Attendant". When the mini-game finishes, Tim IS ranked a "Gas Station Attendant".
Jon: *to Chugga* I told- YOU DIDN'T BELIEVE ME! You didn't believe me! It's almost like I know what I'm talking about sometimes.
- And of course, Persona 4 jokes quickly followed in the comments.
- To those familiar with Proton Jon, he played the minigame where he has to find the patient that ate the mushroom. A poison mushroom, rather, but still.
Jon (to Chugga): If you say anything, my first response is going to be to put the controller down and punch you. That's your warning.
- Once Jon finally loses the minigame and a Shy Guy keels over:
Beach Volley Folley
- The two-player team having trouble even scoring against the one-player team, no matter what.
- Ending the project by reviewing all of the awkward winning poses in "Avalanche!".
- Episode 1
- The first lines of the LP:
Chugga: In the deepest, darkest corner of the forest, try to imagine that you come up against the silhouette of this logo!
Black screen saying "Seriously, imagine it" appears, followed by Tim screaming.
- Jon: "Happy Mother's Day, Rayman Origins!"
- After a heroic speech depicting Rayman kicking butt as always, Chuggaa says sadly that Rayman lost.
- Episode 2
- After Chugga refers to the character with the most Lums appearing behind a Brawn Hilda cutout on the victory screen as "Rayman's got his boobs" and then adds "we are so stupid", Tim decides to improvise the following to the tune of Queen's "We Are The Champions":
Tim: #Weeeee...are so stuuuupid, my boooo-ooobs...and we'll...keeeep on stickin'...to the bra...
- Chugga's reaction to the video coming out on Tuesday:
Jon: This should be a Tuesday, I think.
Chugga: Episode Two on Tuesday.
Tim: And we'll post our wedding on Wednesday.
- They get on the topic of guests and Chugga tries to talk up Super Jeenius only to wind up either offhandedly insulting him, then the other guys when he tries to make it a more direct compliment, then ultimately insulting all three of them at once in an impressive display of foot-in-mouth syndrome.
- Episode 3
- The beginning of the episode:
Jon: Emile is panting like a dog right now and is almost licking his microphone. So that shows how you excited he is for this episode of Rayman Origins.
Chugga: What? You're really going to do that?
Jon: Yes, yes I am.
Chugga: I was just humming the tune.
Jon: You're were going *panting sound* in front of the mic, you were like ready to lick it!
- Chugga's reaction to Rayman's victory move.
Chuggaa: I like how Rayman just humps the air whenever he succeeds at one of those things.
Jon: He's only a torso to be fair.
Chugga: I mean, his arms and legs are invisible, his girlfriend could be too.
Chugga: That animation is forever ruined for me, now that I've said that out loud.
Jon: That animation of humping has been ruined for you? Oh no.
Jon: Now for the Desert of Dijiridoos.
Chugga: I like that word.
Chugga: Death-defying devilry, you say?
Jon: No, regular kind.