We've switched servers and will be updating the old code over the next couple months, meaning that several things might break. Please report issues here
Funny: The Runaway Guys (Main Let's Plays)
For funny moments in other Runaway Guys
videos, click this link.
open/close all folders
Super Smash Bros Brawl
- At the end of the very first match — a Chugga/Jon double Kirby on Mario Curb-Stomp Battle — Chugga gets his mitts on a bumper and throws it straight down, knocking Jon right off the edge of the stadium. Chugga then gently floats down, hits the bumper, and is flung off the side himself, all in Slow Motion.
NCS: Super Kirby massacre!
- Chugga calls his cat, "Mah Boi".
- "He had stickers in his underpants!"
- Chugga and Jon 'wombo combo'-ing Mario.
- At the very start of Episode 2, Chugga ends up making yet another Incredibly Lame Pun:
Chugga: So, we're going to be starting off here on the Sea of Clouds. Told you we'd be 'seeing' you guys-
Jon: No. Don't you dare.
Chugga: (As Zelda and Kirby are travelling over the clouds) Jon, you need to get your head out of the clouds.
Jon: (groans) They just keep getting worse. Where's- I need to throw something at you now...
- It gets better when one remembers how the first episode ended.
- Later on, Jon makes a "just hanging around" joke while hanging off a ledge, and gets hit right away.
: You see?! When you make bad puns, you just get punished
- Extremely early into episode 2, the guys somehow start talking about how royalty works, when the original topic of discussion was the character select screen. It's because Tim choose to play Zelda because he wanted to be the prettiest princess, and then Chugga asked if that would make Josh the prince, since Tim was his wife in the "Meet Josh Jepson" song that he's still obsessed with, and... yeah.
- Their rule for giving everyone a chance to play is to switch off whenever they reach a selection screen. The reason it's funny is because there are times where the entirety of one of their sessions was running forward until they hit a Cutscene.
- Jon does find a way to kill Chugga: break blocks beneath him when he's player 1 to drop him to his death.
- And later, while he's not playing, Chugga keeps rooting for Jon to enter the wrong door and fall into a lava pit so he and NCS can take damage. And whenever they do fall into the pit, it's a moment of funny in and of itself.
- Chugga and Jon during a battle with loads of Mites:
Jon: Ha ha, maniacal laughter...
Chugga: Oh God, we have Mites.
Chugga: Attack the portal! ATTACK THE PORTAL!
Chugga: HAAAAAAH! *destroys the portal* HAAAAA-boom. I made the portal go boom.
- At 10:15 of episode 2, Jon has fun with the cannons, while NCS just stands off to the side, waiting.
- Anytime Chugga yells "[X]'s got a gun!"
- "Monkey's got a trophy!"
- "Monkey's got a gun and he refuses to take his medication!"
- "The monkey doesn't have a gun anymore. But he still refuses to take his medication!"
- Pretty much the entirety of the Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong level.
- During one section, some text pops onscreen to say "No commentary for a few seconds" as the commentary cuts out temporarily. A while later, with no explanation, the text appears again, even though there's still commentary going on.
- Any time Chugga blows up a Smart Bomb. Any time.
- A couple of times, one of the guys will be Player 1 and fall off a ledge, only to realize that Player 1 can't teleport (or "bubble") like Player 2 can.
- Any time Jon gets a hammer.
- During the start of episode 3:
Jon: And then it does.
NCS: We need someone like...
- Chugga tries to make out with polo shirts.
- While outrunning Porkynote , Chugga decides to annoy Jon:
Chugga: We're really outrunning him, so you know what? MOVE FASTER POKEY!
Jon: I WILL PUNCH YOU! PAUSE THE GAME SO I CAN PUNCH YOU!
- Defeating Porky results in a slow-motion shot of Lucas (Chugga) being launched away. As Jon says, "To space!"
- Chugga names one of the Bytans Joe, and then when he explains the joke, the pun is so bad it completely stops the commentary. Joe Biden.
- Jon singing the "Ninja Rap" by Vanilla Ice while playing as Squirtle.
- The gratuitous Fanservice shot of Zero-Suit!Samus descending from an air vent:
- Chugga taking the opportunity to get in "DOH, I MISSED!" at the best possible moment — just as Wario appears and misses Ness with his Dark Gun.
- Chugga and NintendoCapriSun backtracking to get a Stock Ball... and NintendoCapriSun immediately dying.
- "Speaking of Majora's Mask, here's Twilight Princess."
- During the fourth episode, they get their turn order mixed up again, and captions note that Tim should be playing that round. When they see that it's Yoshi's debut, Jon then hands Tim his controller so he can play, ironically and unknowingly fixing the order in the process.
- Doubles somewhat as a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming.
- Gets even better in the next episode, when the turn order just gets totally freaking screwed over by their mistake.
- And when they figure this out, they end up having to let Tim play 9 turns in a row to sort it all out.
- The Beige Prose opening of Episode 4.
- In Episode 5, when Chugga and Jon are too busy arguing to notice that NCS died three times in a row. It's not until they see the game over screen that they realize what just happened.
- "I want a bow that shoots bows!"
- Tim singing Jon's "I am an asshole" song. He's supposed to be the nice one!
- The return of the fake aliases "Pedro Martinez III Esq." and "Thomas Jefferson".
- After NCS misheard "Venture" as "Vengeance", Jon had this insight to offer:
- A bit of an Ironic Echo: at one point, after NCS gets two game overs in a row and starts sounding dejected, Chugga tries to sound "caring" and says "Are you okay?" in a voice that Jon (and possibly NCS) perceives as mocking. Later on:
Chugga: You're going to pay!
NCS: *mocking voice* Are you okay?
- Even better is that Chugga doesn't realize it's an Ironic Echo and only thinks of it as a rhyme.
- There was a moment in the last cutscene of episode 6. Bowser shows up to take one of Dedede's (character) statues and TRG wonder who he was there for.
: Guess who Bowser's here for! I'll give you a hint, it's not Luigi
- Jon's impersonations of Squirtle were a quick chuckle. His impersonation of Squirtle with a Super Mushroom was a laughing riot.
- The entirity of the intro to Episode 7, which includes the guys introducing themselves as characters from Home Improvement to the game crashing on them. The fact that they're recording at Jon's house instead of a hotel for once, so they can be as loud as they want, doesn't hurt either.
- The Home Improvement opening is made even funnier by how Tim doesn't get the reference and goes Off the Rails into a completely different parody.
- "WE'RE SMARTER THAN A WII!"
- The ending with Jon as Billy Mays pitching Silly Putty.
Jon: So...this has been... Billy Mays.
Jon: Billy Mays here for Silly Putty!
Chugga: Mighty Putty!
Jon: I keep doing that!
- Somehow, Chugga and Tim end up using up nearly all their lives in the span of a few seconds.
- Chugga telling Tim to grab the hammer before Charizard does in the battle against the latter. Charizard does get the hammer... and then promptly ends up falling off the stage.
- Chugga and Jon sound so similar that it might have been either of them. It's such a dry observation that it makes the actual sight of Charizard wielding the hammer look that much more ridiculous.
Jon: (nonchalantly) Someone should grab that hammer before Charizard does.
- The Call Back where part of the (in)famous "Meet JoshJepson" song was sung again.
- Made even funnier when it's NintendoCapriSun singing the "Tim, his wife!" part, since he had such a negative reaction to it at first.
- "Say hello to my nipple knives."
- The entire 'go be Canadian somewhere else' exchange (with Tim on Jon's side).
- "Like in Canada? Where we are right now?!"
- "I'M IN ENEMY TERRITORY!"
- There was also Jon commenting on one of their (many) failures over the course of Subspace:
Since we're explaining things we got wrong in the first place... we know how to fight Greaps. We're just stupid.
- During the battle with Galleom, Chugga began shouting attack names for each move the monster did.
- Everyone's reactions to how Jon somehow survived the first battle against Galleom despite being hit by almost every attack used by the boss.
- The group's reaction to Charizard pretty much One-Hit KOing Galleom in the second battle with a single move.
- The entirity of the scene where Chugga and Tim kept dying on the elevators.
- When Ridley appears in episode 9, what does ProtonJon say?
- Chugga says that Zero Suit Samus's name is technically inaccurate, as she's actually wearing a suit. Proton Jon replies to this with "It's not a birthday suit." Chugga brings up that it's Jon's birthday. Hilarity Ensues.
- Chugga's reaction to the stage they will be doing next time when he realizes what happens at the beginning of the stage. ProtonJon's reaction makes it even better.
- Fun with Pikmin! (OK, more like fun with Steve, but...)
- When ROB flings the Pikmin off of him, Chugga yells "NO, STE-"...and then denies it.
- "HE KILLED EVERYONE BUT THE JOKE!"
- Jon cheerfully re-enacts a conversation between Olimar and Steve while Chugga (fake) sobs in the background.
- Chugga reeeeeeally doesn't want to play as Steve. Jon is enjoying this way too much. (Maybe because he can't actually kill Chugga in this game, and this is his way of getting revenge?)
Jon (Chugga): (NO!) YES! So, (No!) so I've got both controllers in my hands right now, cause I'm not letting Chugga touch (No! No no!) it just yet, and I believe it's Chugga and NCS... (Give me that... NO!) and Chugga is player 1 (Give me...), so he is playing as Olimar. (No, why?! No...) So Tim, who would you like to be?
- Chugga throwing Pikmin off the stage while yelling "DIE! DIE! DIE!"
Jon: "You're starting to scare me, actually."
Chugga: "Starting to?"
- This continues on in Episode 13. "Someone grab his controller!"
- Jon as Captain Falcon
CAP! TAIN! FAL! CON!
- Captain Falcon is BATMAN!
- "Falcon's nipples, they are very prone to explosions, it is very messy. Captain Falcon apologizes in advance."
- "YES CAPTAIN FALCON! BENCH PRESS THAT ROB!"
- "Captain Falcon is parallel parking."
- Jon praying that Meta Ridley gives him a chance to Falcon Punch him. Meta Ridley grabs the side of the Falcon Flyer and starts dragging it down while shooting fireballs. Jon, seeing his chance, yells "I LOVE YOU RIDLEY!" and makes his move... Only to get hit by a fireball and killed.
- Tim made an epic recovery while playing Captain Falcon... without actually knowing he was playing as him.
- "I "meta" game? Like what, at a club?"
- Chugga's midichlorians were off the scale, and he might fulfill that prophecy~
- "That was funny, whatever it was."
- Anytime Nana gets killed in the stage, especially Jon's reactions to it.
- Chugga finally uses a Smart Bomb correctly... only for an enemy to knock him into its explosion anyway.
- "WE'RE MONKEYS!"
Jon: You two doin' okay in here...?
Chugga: We're monkeys!
Jon: I- (beat) I know.
- Tim and Chugga are fighting the false princesses and throw a Deku Nut, but they accidentally end up only stunning themselves with it.
- Jon realizes that since they're in his house, he can kick Chugga and Tim (mainly Chugga) out whenever he wants. He's overwhelmed in awe.
- So awed, in fact, that for awhile the only thing you hear him say is:
Jon: I can kick you out of my house! I- I can kick you out of my house! Oh man! (reverently) I can kick you out of my house...
- The guys discuss Hawke and Chugga asks if his first name was Mike. Mike Hawke. Figure out why that's funny. But wait, there's more. After that, Chugga and Jon simultaneously kick Chugga (yes, Chugga actually helped Jon with this) out of Jon's house, leaving Jon and Tim alone to sign off for that episode.
- And the next episode, Chugga's return. Jon and Tim introduce themselves and start wondering if they're missing someone. Then:
*knocking at the door*
Jon: OH JEEZ, I LEFT HIM OUTSIDE!
Tim: Oh no!
Jon: Dude, dude! *opens the door* I... Jeez, are you okay?
Chugga: Next time you leave me out there, move faster, Pokey!
Jon: Oh you... you're going back outside, now!
Chugga: For another week?!
Jon: I unlock the door and everything, and this how I get treated!
- Duon. It takes Tim and Jon six tries to defeat it.
- Here are some of the highlights from the Duon battles:
- An unfortunate yet hilarious moment of battle choreography: against a group of sword-wielding Primids, Chugga (Pikachu) comes across a smart bomb and a green shell. His approach knocks the shell at an enemy, who hits it back with its sword, which knocks Chugga into another enemy, who knocks him off the stage. The shell also hits the Smart Bomb, which sets it off, catching multiple Primids and NCS (Samus) in it, which ends up killing NCS. No one in the group could work out what just happened, how many lives were lost in the confusion, or whether or not Chugga improperly used another smart bomb.
- After discussing Superman 64:
Chugga (to Jon): Dude, this [episode] could come out a year from now and you would not be that far [into your LP of Superman 64].
Jon: Well fuck you, too!
- Jon pointing out that an upcoming segment of the game will feature the return of Captain Falcon, meaning the return of Olimar and "Steve" as well. Chugga is horrified at this, especially when Jon points out that Chugga's next turn would have him playing that segment.
- Jon's unexpected Big "WHAT?!" when Chugga mentions he doesn't like the music currently playing.
Chugga: I never liked this song that much.
Jon: WHAT? I love this song!
Jon: It's called jazz music.
- NCS singing "In the bathroom" in an effeminate, vaguely English accent. "Een the b-ah-throom!"
Jon: In the b-ah-throom?
- Some time after discussing Fox and Falco crashing their Arwings (right before the infamous Duon battle), we're treated to this exchange:
Chugga: And robot Dialga is like... Siamese twins with robot Palkia.
Jon: Oh, there's Falco. He just felt like showing up.
Chugga: He just jumped out of the plane again.
Jon: [Chokes back laughter] He just — I hope those things have autopilot, otherwise...
- Chugga trying to take a stab at Jon's update schedule for the second time in two minutes:
Chugga: You know what, no 'move faster, Pokey'. Your letting me back in the door and remembering me was like your upload schedule.
Jon: Was that actually supposed to be funny?
Jon: That means no, right? (NCS stutters) Tim has nothing to say on the subject!
- Chugga pointing out Jon's borderline psychopathic tendencies... and Jon doing nothing to dispel the image.
Chugga: You blew his head off with a missile!
Jon: He didn't need it.
- More puns from Chugga after Snake (Tim) gets a mushroom:
Tim: I can't fit through the door...
Chugga: It's Anaconda!
- The commentary on Sheik.
Jon (probably): She's my dream man!
- The entire ending on episode 12. The guys just seem so awed by the epic fail of the Duon fight, you can hear it in the way they're talking.
Chugga: Dude, we need to give them at least some content.
Jon: That was content! Just not very good!
NCS: I... I-I-I... zoned out.
Jon: Stop the video now.
- In episode 13, Jon and Tim are picking their characters for a stage, and Tim chooses Fox.
Jon: So I've got two of my favourite characters, and you've got...two...I guess...do you like Fox?
- Tim singing about Subspace to the tune of the Forest Maze music from Mario RPG. Then:
: *still in tune* We will be here for a very long time... *Beat
* I have nothing with that that would rhyme...
Tim and Jon: *laughter*
- While Jon is carrying a bomb, an enemy appears behind him, and he on reflex throws it at the enemy. The enemy was a Metal Primid. Metal Primids reflect projectiles. See if you can guess what happened.
- At the end of episode 13, Chugga proclaims he is going outside again. Jon and Tim don't believe him, until he actually leaves again. They are dumbfounded until:
Jon: Send your resumés to- *episode cuts off*
- They joke about Diddy's banana throwing animation and talk about him being high class while using ridiculous voices.
- Ganondorf getting married to Master Hand.
- Luigi's Epic Fail in Episode 14:
Jon: Save your brother.
Chugga: *while doing so* I don't wanna save my brother, then I might actually get to be the main characterr— *falls to death*
- Tim trying and failing several times to jump up to a certain platform in "The Great Maze" to get an item.
- Later in the episode, it becomes obvious that Tim is having a heck of a time with the game. Highlights include:
Chugga: So we have to get to a save point or you have to get a game over if you want Jon back.
Jon: So what you're saying is, I'm gonna be here awhile.
Chugga: Uh... well... he can die pretty quick.
Jon: I was trying to be nice.
Chugga: I'm actually amazed! He didn't die on the way to the save — that sounded really...
Chugga: Go down. Go down. (NCS walks away) Tim. Okay, fine.
Jon: Go in the ELEVATOR! (NCS walks through a door). TIM.
NCS: Byyyye guuuuys!
Chugga: Ti— (Bursts out laughing) I'm loving this so much!
- The guys realize what the episode consists of:
Jon: Yea— aww damnit, Tim! I should stop yelling at Tim. I feel really bad.
Chugga: That's like all this video's been. It's just like TIIIIIM!
- The elevators (and NCS) continue to foil Jon's plans.
Jon: Elevat-TOR. Tim, get in the elevator. (He does so.) Go up. (He does so.) Yes. (NCS sends the elevator down). That's down, Tim. I wish I could control the elevator! Boy, howdy!
Chugga: Go back to the elevator. (NCS gets in the elevator with Jon... and goes up). (Chugga laughs) Ti-i-im!
- But the best is, perhaps, the fact that the only thing NCS says in his defense is:
- Jon as Captain Falcon hitting an enemy repeatedly with a fan.
Jon: Captain Falcon is your biggest fan. Captain Falcon is not above making bad jokes!
- You don't even need to look further than the intro for the first one of episode 15. First the guys decide that NCS is his own wife and then they start singing the Captain Planet theme. Sort of.
Chugga: Gonna take pollution down to zero! Go to hell and... I don't know the rest of the words.
Jon: 'Go to hell'? That is not in the Captain Planet theme! What is with you?
- There's also the episode's ending, which combines hopelessness and continued trolling.
Chugga: (Trying to wrap things up) So, this has been...
Jon: A train wreck. It has been a train wreck. GOOD NIGHT EVERYBODY.
Chugga: This has been a train wreck with the chuggatrain.
Jon: The truggachain?
) OH MY GOD. WE WEREN'T RECORDING ANY OF THAT?
- Jon walking right into NCS's hands:
Jon: [In his 'Captain Falcon' voice] Captain Falcon has returned! I'm sorry, I had to go use the washroom. It takes awhile to—
NCS: In the washroom!
- In the process of fighting Kirby, Jon proves Freud right and Chugga makes things worse.
Jon: Captain Falcon has tripped! Doing a seductive pose for you, Kirby!
Chugga: You threw paper at him and he died...
Jon: Why is the taunt button so sticky!? (NCS laughs) What did you guys do to this controller!?
Chugga: (Quietly) In bed.
- Chugga's insane giggle.
- Chugga turning the tables on Jon:
Jon: Captain Falcon is back but not being controlled by Captain Falcon.
Chugga: You are so dumb.
- When Dark Yoshi appears: "SO UNHAPPY."
- In the Skyworld part of the Great Maze, Tim is playing as Lucas and is struggling to make a jump. Eventually he hands the controller to Chugga, who completes the jump successfully. Tim takes control again...and promptly falls off and has to do the jump again.
- Episode 15 features the group having a rematch with Duon. Chugga and NCS manage to get it down to just a sliver of health on their first attempt, but it lives up to the trouble it gave them in their original fight with it by killing NCS (who was player 1 at the time) right as Chugga was about to finish it off.
- After reloading from the previous game-over, Chugga somehow manages to land on top of Duon as if it were a platform. He spends the next few seconds simply standing there smacking it with a paper fan before it manages to shake him off.
- The opening to episode 16.
Jon: That was a weak clap.
Tim: Sometimes that happens. The palm just hits the wrong way.
Chugga: Weak claps, a good omen for things to come.
Chugga: OOOH! I didn't realize what I just-
Jon: Go in the door, now!
- Episode 16 also sees the creation of Cyber Steve.
Jon: Come with me if you want to live. But you must get there by sunset.
- In a meta example, Jon gets home the same day it was uploaded and already there were a ton of fan pics.
- CAPTAIN GANONDORF.
- Jon's reaction to Cyber Captain Falcon is to speak in a robot voice as Captain Falcon.
- "Show me your Cyber Moves!"
- While battling Cyber Pikachu, Jon gets killed and then Cyber Pikachu taunts him.
Jon: YOU LITTLE RAT!
- Pretty much every instance of the Cyber Pikachu fight. Watching Chugga and Jon being pwned by a little rat = Priceless.
- While attempting to climb a jungle area full of mines, Tim fails horribly.
*All the while, Chugga is laughing in the background:*
Jon: Watch out- *Tim hits a mine* -for the mines. Watch out for those mines too! *Tim hits another mine* There we go.
Tim: Just gonna hit every single one on the way up...
Jon: Okay, lemme shoot this one. Or use your lightning bolt. Up-B.
Tim: Oh yeah. *Jumps into the mines*
Jon: THAT'S NOT UP-B!
- The rotation comes back and bites the guys in the collective ass:
Jon: Lucas went right— why are you going left?
Chugga: T-Tim? Tim? Tim!
Jon: (to Chugga) It's you, you idiot! You're Peach!
- Episode 16 also features an impressive (and hilarious) number of Call Backs
Jon: We have to go up.
Chugga: Uh... Tim does not do well with up.
Jon: I don't trust [NCS] with doors anymore, man!
- There's also this lengthy conversation on jackassery:
Chugga: Achievement unlocked! Jackassery!
Jon: I don't think that's really an achievement.
Chugga: Well for you it is.
It's normal for you to be a jacka— oh
, I guess in these recordings that makes sense.
Jon: According to the internet, I am an asshole.
Chugga and NCS: (singing) I am an asshole, I am an asshole! I am such an asshole!
- During the rematch with normal Ridley, after Jon questions how Slowbeef and Diabetus can keep up their Ridley voice, Chugga attempts to imitate the voice himself.
Chugga: (trying to imitate Diabetus' Ridley voice) OIHM RIDLEY!
Jon: Wow! I... don't know what to classify that as.
NCS moans as his character is knocked off screen
Jon: Charizard killed itself in response.
- Jon and Chugga feel a certain catchphrase is getting a little stale:
Jon: We've already used Yoshi. Numerous times.
NCS: Yoshi! So happy!
(Chugga and Jon groan)
Chugga: We couldn't just... not say it?
- Speaking of call backs, episode 17 consisted of nothing but nods. It doesn't even take two minutes for it to start.
- The start of the epidemic:
Jon: (singsong) Down, down, down. Down Tim, please. There's going to be gas.
[Chugga starts saying something suspiciously like 'In']
NCS: Ya know, in the bathroom!
Jon: I guess you just have to go higher up.
Chugga: (not paying attention to the game) Higher! Higher! I'm a Chuckst—! [He flies offscreen]
Jon: Speaking of Chucksters, you got chucked off the screen.
Jon: Yeah, so basically to the left of where the gold box was.
Jon: No, because we could have just paused and looked at the map and—
Chugga: (slowly) To the le...
NCS: To ze left.
- More jokes at NCS's expense:
Jon: Good counter, whoever that was... Tim.
Chugga: That was Tim. Considering his run with the ladders—
Jon: Are you punching Tim?
Chugga: No! I wasn't punching him!
Chugga: Saying my arm is moving back and forth in a rhythm. Yeah.
Jon: Bow chicka bow wow!
Chugga: With Tim?
NCS: His wife!
- Chugga's fascination with mushrooms backfires:
Chugga: I want the mushroom! I wanna eat the mushroom! I wanna—
want to eat the mushroom...
- For added hilarity, it was a poison mushroom that directly led to Olimar's death. He probably shouldn't have eaten that mushroom. note
- Chugga makes the mistake of saying 'troop' in front of Jon:
Jon: I'm impressed, actually.
Chugga: I went through an army of Floos and beat Cyber Peach. No deaths. I- I trooped through that. (Beat) No. No no no!
Jon: You trooped through this?
Chugga: No! No! No!
Jon: To Olimar! So you're picking Olimar, right?
Chugga: Screw. You. So. Hard. [Picks Olimar]
Jon: (mumbling) And he did it anyway...
- After they pick Wario as their wild card:
NO! I didn't mean it like that!
- After a few remarks from Jon and one remark from Tim, Chugga finally counters with, "Hey! At least I didn't call one of the other Runaway Guys 'gorgeous' publicly." Cue Tim groaning loudly.
- Jon seizes an opportunity:
Jon: Usually your stuff is non-sequitur to me.
[Chugga drives Wario offscreen and dies]
Jon: Remember, don't stab the chickens.
Chugga: [Lightly] As long as you don't eat the mushroom.
- The Indiana Jones singalong. Followed shortly by:
Jon: (along with the theme music) Jump out right now, or you'll die— [NCS fails to take this advice, killing Fox off and nearly killing Marth. Chugga laughs maniacally] [Still in tune] And we did die because we missed the stupid jump. Let's go in the door~
- The best part may be that you can hear NCS singing "On the toilet seat!" just before the incident.
- Speaking of 'Tim, his wife'...
Jon: There goes Nana.
Chugga: I lost my wife! I'm gonna have to marry a new woman at the end of this area.
NCS: That's why I'm here.
(Later, as Chugga (solo) enters a door)
Jon: Well, you get Nana back, right?
[Peach hits him into the air]
Jon: You found a woman but she's kicking your ass.
- Jon taking reverse psychology to its logical extreme.
Jon: (as they're switching off) It is me and you, but since there's only one character... hold onto this controller and do nothing with it.
Chugga: Don't shove it up your ass.
[Chugga laughs and NCS groans]
- Chugga lampshading the (copious) Ho Yay.
Chugga: Hey, at least I didn't call one of the other Runaway Guys 'gorgeous' publicly.
Jon: Dun da-dun dun.
NCS: (groans) Touche.
Jon: He actually saw that.
- Jon and Chugga continue their crusade against the Great Maze.
Jon: (As NCS and Chugga are repeatedly getting frozen) Really? I'm, like, getting deja vu.
Chugga: That's the idea of the Great Maze. You get to relive all the great memories you had of this annoying enemy configuration the first time.
Jon: Remember that time you got stuck and died constantly? Well here you go again.
- Then, there's this little gem from Episode 17...
Chugga: Tim is Zelda.
Tim: I wish.
- The guys's brains are broken when Tim enters as Yoshi and instantly has 184 damage, without coming in contact with anything that can deal damage.
- "184 is the real meaning of life."
- Jon and Tim both die...at a save point room.
- Jon, as Lucas, manages to use a Smart Bomb to kill Rayquaza. Chugga is visibly irritated by the fact that Jon was able to use a Smart Bomb correctly as Chugga's best character.
Chugga: So — so you did the smart bomb right with my best character...
Jon: Hahaha, the irony!
Chugga: Now I really have to prove myself. (Beat) Well, I kinda did.
'cause you hit nothing
- On a related note, there's Chugga's last chance at using a smart bomb.
Chugga: [Notices and picks up a smart bomb] Oh baby!
Jon: What'd you get? Oh! This is your chance! Show us your moves!
[Chugga throws the bomb, misses Tabuu, and immediately gets killed]
- During the battle with Cyber Ike, Ike seems to fall off the stage and kill himself, only to Aether up to safety just in time. Meanwhile, on the other side of the stage, Yoshi (Tim) kills himself instead.
- "I'm playing with my snake."
- Anytime Chugga rolls into the spikes.
- Garth Brooks and Martha Stewart.
- The guys's reactions to the weird stage layouts for the Cyber battles.
- Jon is playing as Lucas and Tim as Captain Falcon:
Jon: I feel weird not being Captain Falcon right now, not gonna lie...
Chugga: You're not doing the voice enough.
(Captain Falcon dies)
Jon: Falcon agrees with me! He's like, "He's right. I should probably just kill myself."
- The final battle: Tabuu hits Chugga with an instant kill right as Jon (as Yoshi), lands the final blow, freezing Chugga in a death animation but leaving him alive and floating in place.
- Jon's reaction to forgetting Ike for the final battle, especially when he's not in the still in the end credits where it shows everyone standing side by side. He begins acting like Ike is dead and spends the next few minutes wanting to avenge him.
Jon: Lo-look, Ike is not in that cutscene.
Chugga: Cause we never saved..*Cracks up*.
Jon: Ike is dead! You guys are dicks!
Chugga: He will never fight for his friends again.
Jon: Ike, I'm so sorry!
Tim: We were awesome!
Jon: But we killed Ike!
- They— mainly Chugga— poke fun at this for the rest of the episode.
Jon: This LP is in memory of Ike. He fought for his friends.
Chugga: And unfortunately, you'll get no sympathy from him. Ever again.
(Beat) It saddens me, because that was actually very clever.
- To the extent that one of the very last things we hear is:
Chugga: 4 ways to play, and none of them include Ike.
- When Chugga finishes playing a game in which a sympathetic character lost their life over the course of the game, he will somberly remind us. He did so for the robots of the floating island. Cue Jon saying, in his usual exasperated tone, "Well that's depressing!"
- During the final cutscene, NCS gets distracted and delivers this superb Non Sequitur:
NCS: (out of nowhere) Haha! I didn't think I got that rupee! Hahahaha!
- After the credits, as NCS hmms and haws over whether or not they're going to show the extra characters, Chugga demonstrates his short attention-span and ability to take things the wrong way:
Chugga: You said 'we', 'screw' and 'together' so many times in that sentence.
- The return of the monkey hug — with extra dinosaur for good measure.
NCS: (Reading the translation of Brawl's main theme) 'Now that person stands at my side'. If only we had a camera!
- And, of course, there's the fact that the thing that saved the guys in the very end — the only reason they didn't get screwed over by Tabuu — was Yoshi. So happy!
Jon: Yoshi was the winner after all...
- The first time NCS has to fight Jigglypuff. Well, it ended badly. As in NCS died four seconds after the match started.
- Jon's response is to throw his controller down and leave the house before coming back in a few seconds later to tell Tim he hates him.
- Jon was so emotionally drained by the end of it he started speaking in monotone.
- The moments right before the first time Tim fought Jigglypuff were arguably even funnier.
- They die ten times when trying to get back to the door leading to Jigglypuff.
- Not to mention the gong show (as Jon put it), where they kept getting launched further and further away from the door they needed to go to in order to reach Jigglypuff. All this before the four-second match.note
- Solely because of being Tim's partner in the Bonus Episode, Jon's most common death cause was Mega Diddy.
- Tim died playing as the Ice Climbers... because Nana got on a ledge and Popo didn't. Another time, Tim spawns as the Ice Climbers, and kills himself by walking off stage.
- Tim and Jon are readying themselves for the Dark Diddy fight the first time and Chugga said "Get ready". They enter and Dark Diddy kills them instantly. Jon's reaction?
Jon: Get ready, my ass!
- According to the final totals, the wins were spread around somewhat evenly between Chugga and Jon, with Tim only winning "least healed". As for the losses, Tim "won" every single one of them. Except for "most healed", which went to Chugga.
- After one of the first of many losses in the bonus episode, while scrolling through the received stickers:
Jon: Don't rub it in...
- Captain Falcon is a pirate.
- Jon winning against Toon Link. Both are blown off the screen. Jon won because Toon Link flew off a second before him. Doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome.
- The guys notice that Wolf is giving the players (and viewers, in this case) the finger.
- Chugga grabs a hammer right infront of a breakable wall, as the screen is scrolling. The hammer breaks, and Chugga is forced to swing a stick at the wall. Tim had to come to his rescue.
Chugga: I'M WAVING A STICK HERE!!!
- Tim as Fox vs Jigglypuff. Tim loses in less than 4 seconds.
- This hilarious exchange after the first match:
And with that PILLARS
God this place is just so dark and dank, (at the same time Pit's name appears) this place is the pits
Chuggaconroy: I know! Hey, you rhymed! You made a pun yourself!
Chuggaconroy: It is in my book. (NCS starts laughing)
Chuggaconroy: I don't read!
I know! That's why it's a weird book! I'm assuming it's drawn in crayons, and has one of those pop-up things...
- After Tim finally beats Jigglypuff, Chugga says he was half-hoping Tim would lose again so he could watch him and Jon fail have a hard time getting back there. Tim proceeds to give this surprisingly snarky comment:
Tim: (to Jon) You're gonna go back to hating him now, right? note
Kirby's Return To Dream Land
- Jon and Chugga decide that the first Waddle Dee they see is JoshJepson (who is not playing with them). Then when Chuga as Kirby eats it, he's also eating grandpas, and that eating grandpas and getting high off of the cholesterol in them is the cool thing for kids to do now.
- Chugga accidentally kills Jon in 1-2, before Jon could even think of a way to kill Chugga, much to Jon's dismay.
- Chugga sets off a chain of puns.
- When Chugga delivers a Take That to a design choice done with Eterna City, Jon asks what he's talking about, and when he finds out, is annoyed with himself for thinking Chugga wouldn't be making an obscure Pokémon reference.
- The Guys talk about Meta Knight's dub voice in the anime and how it was so over-the-top (Eric Stuart was supposed to portray him as a Dashing Hispanic) that it made Meta Knight sound like he was a Mexican Vampire.
- Chugga's topical Take That to Alicia Silverstone and how she fed her child like a bird.
- "Monster Flame! Say hello to my cousin: Yamata! No! OROCHI!"
- Jon's reaction to Meta Knight and Dedede moonwalking during the post-boss battle Kirby Dance.
- Jon's reaction to Chugga saying "subgame" in a very deep voice.
- NCS saying that them sharing food is kinky, making Chugga yell, "Thanks for that!"
- The unintentional Rescue Romance moment at the start of 2-1: Chugga's Kirby gets eaten alive, saved by Jon's Meta Knight, and they kiss.
- When they're fighting King Doo.
Chugga: King Doodoo!
NCS: In the bathroom!
- Jon saying how he sometimes hates driving people.
Jon: You guys haven't been in a car ride with me before so... I-I don't think I could handle that.
Chugga: You can't handle being apart from us for 12 hours, that's the sweetest thing you ever said in all... life.
- The ending to episode two, which has Jon and NCS deciding to attack Chugga in-game. Chugga promptly runs away and enters the second level of world two to escape.
- When Chugga uses Stone Kirby and turns into a statue of a muscular man, he exclaims "Look at me! That's how I look in real life, I swear."
- "Normally we would need a hammer... but... we have Tim."
- In the same vein, there's the solution that Chugga comes up with after he and Jon have been bickering. Again.
Jon: Well, now that you mention it...
- There's also Jon trying to figure out whether there's stuff underwater or not.
Jon: Isn't there stuff down here? There's a pineapple down here.
Jon: Oh no... it totally is...
- In Episode 2, the guys have some trouble with doors. They keep going back and forth between a room with a gear in it and one small, enclosed area, with each one of them accidentally going through the door at least once.
- Actually, despite what Chugga said, it was only him and NCS.
- Later in Episode 2, the guys start comparing Kirby's powers to, of all things, Captain Planet. And when asked which power represents the element of Heart?
- He also decides, randomly, that Jon should be Wheeler from the show. This is possibly referring to Jon's last name being Wheeler.
- It comes up again in the next episode, when Jon expresses shock that Water Kirby took so long to become an actual power for Kirby. Chugga recites the Captain Planet intro again, but substitutes something... less-than-wholesome for the power of "Heart".
- Jon saying that Tim's beatboxing sounded more like "sucking like a tetrabat", causing Chugga to give a Flat "What.".
- Chugga decides to take the high-jump power, then decides to get another one.
Chugga: You know, I think I'll go with the high-jump. I'll go with an off-beat- no wait, I want the whip.
Jon: Make up your mind.
Chugga: Okay, I'll go with whip.
Chugga: Actually I want water, I'm just kidding!
Jon: You son of a- KIRBY! *tries slashing him with Meta Knight's sword*
- Chugga accidentally eats Tim.
Jon: You're in his mouth.
Jon: That's not a good place to be.
Chugga: Well, using you as projectiles is a strategy so... *eats Jon*
Jon: Hey, hey, hey!
- Chugga regurgitates NCS.
Chugga: Look at Tim, he's having the time of his life.
Jon: Yeah, cause being regurgitated is a great feeling.
Chugga: How would you know it feels?
Jon: We don't talk about that.
Chugga: Um... okay. I think you were the one who did the foot in mouth moment this time.
- The entire American Dream conversation. Points for NCS's muttering in the background and the others' reaction to it.
- Episode 3 starts with Jon joking that the characters are at Meta Knight's pool party, and that all the coolest kids from his school are there, and Kirby.
- Episode 3 ends with them playing Ninja Dojo. The whole thing is hilarious, from Jon's invocation of the Let's Players' curse to their reactions to the trickier targets.
- During the bulls-eye minigame, one of them has the dartboard with a lot of fake dartboards, causing Jon to wonder what was going on.
- Also, the very last target. "It's Pac-Man!"
- Chugga's two very similar moments of Buffy Speak from Episode 3: "I'm an Olympic...person" and "I'm the American...person".
- Jon finally figures out how to troll Chugga without killing him; beat him to all the spheres. This does eventually get through to Chugga when Jon starts to steal spheres Chugga put work into getting to.
- To the point where, after defeating the boss, when Jon takes the ship part, Chugga cuts it out of the video and replaces it with a text box saying "Nothing suspicious here!" so the viewers don't see Jon taking it (even though the audio is left in, allowing us to easily tell Jon took it based on the back-and-forth between him and Chugga).
- After the defeat of a Sphere Doomer and Jon taking the spoils of their victory:
Chugga: You suck!
Jon: I'm sorry I know where to stand.
Chugga: I keep trying too, but I'm always fighting at the very end.
Jon: I killed it!
Chugga: Well, that's not the point.
Jon: It kind of is!
- After the Guys defeat Goriath in episode 6, Tim and Emile scramble towards the center of the arena, anticipating the ship part to appear, while Jon just stands on the ground and watches. Then the arena floor collapses, dumping Jon right on the ship part while Emile screams NOOOOOOOOO!!!
- The "Happy birthday!" Running Gag in episode 4 (as it's Chugga's birthday and Jon keeps claiming banal things are his birthday gift, like there being fireworks in the game).
- When Jon tells Chugga that he's starting to sound like a martyr by saying "I paid for the hotel room" a lot, he gives his Chugga impersonation a funny voice.
- The guys joke that Tim will be mentally tormented by destroying the Robot Dedede because he plays as Dedede.
- And earlier, they joke that the Robot Waddle Dee is actually JoshJepson in a giant robot, "Robo-Jepson", here to get revenge for not being in the LP.
- "Stop shooting yourself! Stop shooting yourself!"
- The opening to episode 6, which has Jon being sprayed by Chugga's (as Water Kirby) geyser move.
Jon: Oh, hi, guys. Sorry, didn't see you come in. I was just taking a shower.
- Episode 6 also starts with them restarting the level to try and get the first gear, a task made more difficult because Chugga!Kirby must get into the cannon (due to the camera following him). When they revisit the level to get another missed gear, he hits it purely by accident.
- The Epic Fail of each of them falling into a pit while trying to carry a candle.
- In Episode 7, Chugga and Jon debate who started the whole Cycle of Revenge killing until Chugga gets hit, forcing them to start that section of the stage over. Jon promptly attacks an enemy and sends Meta Knight barrel rolling right off the screen to his death.
- The group starts talking about King of the Hill of all things and start talking like Boomhauer.
- At the beginning of episode 7, Chugga gives NCS and Jon new variants of the appropriate plush toys (a white Yoshi and actual (sort of) Poison Mushroom, respectively), and it crops back up near the end of the episode.
Chugga: It's also worth noting that Jon threw... well, he didn't throw it away, but [he threw] his poison mushroom across the room at the beginning of the video.
Jon: Well, I'm not gonna keep it in my hands while we're playing a game.
Chugga: Why not?
- There's also the word association game in Episode 7. It goes well until NCS starts getting distracted.
NCS: [Noticing the parasol powerup] Umbrella...
Jon: Nintendo Capri Umbrella?
- The high-pitched voice Chugga does when reading Magolor's dialogue, and how much it irritates Jon.
- All of the pit-related trouble in episode 8.
Jon: Watch out for the giant hole, dude.
NCS: [Falls in] WHOA!
Jon: That's why I warned you.
- The best is, without a doubt, this exchange, after Chugga falls down a hole and forces everyone to restart.
Jon: Did you just fall in the — what exactly just happened?
Chugga: I fell in the pit.
- 18 seconds into episode 8, we get this:
Chugga: My instinct is to eat everything I see!
NCS: My instinct is to fall from the highest height!
Jon: My instinct is to yell. A lot.
- Which is immediately followed by Chugga calling himself and Jon immature.
NCS: I can be immature, too!
- Beforehand, the intro is also quite comical.
Jon: (As Meta Knight) Dear diary, today I returned to Return to Dreamland. For some reason, these two suckers keep following me, and I don't know why.
- The reaction when Chugga brings up Meta Knight's mask, and starts asking how he can share food.
Jon: I have food lasers. Food eye lasers.
Jon: Meat vision? That just sounds bad...
- Near the end of episode 8 counts too. Chugga talks for Kirby to all of the cast while Jon is coughing in the background.
Jon (Strained): I'm Alright. Don't-Don't ask or anything.
- The tag along to the Boss Rush.
- Pretty much the entire second half of episode 9.
- Jon getting another "Bye guys!" in.
- "Oh no. Cannons. Great." It ends about as well as you'd expect.
- In the process of getting a single 1-Up, Chugga falls in a pit. The team respawns in the same room — sans Kirby's power — Jon collects the same 1-up... and then NCS falls in the same pit Chugga did.
- The Inspector Gadget singalong and the conversation that precedes it (Jon telling Chugga not to sing any 90s theme songs ever again).
Jon: This is how our sanity has gone at this point. Two episodes in, and we're already singing Inspector Gadget.
- Jon having Meta Knight ride on top of Kirby's head in the Phantom Zone in Episode 9.
- Jon yelling "MIKE!" after Kirby loses the Mike ability.
- Jon's reaction to Chugga snagging a gear in Episode 9 after multiple repeats of a stage:
Jon: DAMMIT, YOU DID NOT DESERVE THAT! NOT AFTER ALL THAT CRAP WE WENT THOUGH! YOU DO NOT DESERVE ANY GEARS IN THIS STAGE! *starts laughing* I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS! *Chugga and Tim are laughing the whole time*
- The opening to episode 10, where Chugga trolls Jon and NCS.
Chugga: Hey, Jon?
Chugga: We're doing this level again! *Runs into Stage 2 again*
NCS: *Starts stammering*
Jon: Tim. Tim, open the window for me. He-he's right next to it. I'm just going to kick him out.
Jon: We are not doing this stage again!
- In Episode 10, Jon refuses to unlock a door.
- Chugga says that he and Jon are gonna fight for gears the whole time, meaning they'll pop up next to Tim. Then a gear literally spawned on top of Tim, and he got it.
- Tim taking a bath in Kirby's mouth.
Jon: Hey Tim, where are you? Are you in his mouth?
Chugga: He's just riding.
Tim: I'm taking a bath.
Chugga: In my mouth?
Jon: I don't think that's a good place to take a bath, not going to lie.
- Chugga eating Jon and spitting him out under a block that was about to crush him in Episode 10.
- The "Mix" shenanigans near the beginning of Episode 10. Chugga dumps the Spear power in order to get a "Mix" power by inhaling three things at once (in this case, a Poppy Bros.' bombs). After getting "Fire" the first time, he dumps it to try again... only for Tim to kill the Poppy Bros., yet Chugga still manages to get another mix! Resulting in... Spear.
This game is quite spear
Was that really
At least you're honest.
- Jon repeatedly denying Chugga food by bouncing on his head. Chugga protests ineffectually:
- Chugga's twist on "In the bathroom", as demonstrated in episode 10.
- During episode 11, there's one gear that's giving the guys trouble. It involves pressing the right switches and pressing one at the right time. On about their third try or so, Jon trips the wrong switch and...
Jon: Oh, dammit, that was my fault!
Chugga: [Not paying attention] Tim...
Jon: That was my fault.
Chugga: Oh. Okay. Jon...
Jon: I like how you immediately blame Tim, too.
- Episode 11 is full of bizarre noises from Chugga — all of them hilarious. For instance...
- This. More specifically, the reaction that it gets.
- At one point, Chugga turns into Snow Bowl Kirby and gets Meta Knight trapped in it while moving very slowly. While doing so, Meta Knight flails wildly and Jon begins shouting "wah! aah!" as if he was actually Meta Knight.
- The whole "Yep" conversation.
- Chugga's voice for Magolor. It really sells in context.
- Speaking of voices, there's one particular voice that seemed to have stuck with Chugga:
Jon: You're always Elmo.
- And let's not forget the "Demon Elmo" voice used when Magolor transforms.
Chugga: [in a really aggresive Elmo voice] OBTAINING THIS CROWN WAS MY ULTIMATE GOAL ALL ALONG!!!
NCS and Jon: [explode into laughter before Chugga even finishes]
- Discussing Tim as if he was the focus of a nature documentary.
Chugga: Here we see a native Tim in his natural environment!
- When Jon wonders if they got the fish version of Ultra Sword's attacks, Chugga immediately pulls it out to cut a volcano in two.
- At the end, Chugga starts questioning how rainbows can have twists in them, and Jon calls him out on his Arbitrary Skepticism, given that they've just played a game where "you ride dragons in space through Another Dimension and fight the King of Hawaii".
- At the end of the final cutscene, as Dedede pulls his head out of the ground, Chugga whispers an oh-so-mysterious something to NCS. Jon's reaction makes it hilarious, but NCS's makes it absolutely adorable.
NCS: D'oh, I missed!
Jon: [To Chugga] Rea-- Really?
him to say "D'oh, I missed".
[NCS and Chugga start laughing]
- And — last but not least, in the end of the main story — we get the signoff.
Chugga: So, this has been...
Chugga: And Nintendo Of America Product Testing Division!
[NCS starts laughing]
Jon: I feel like I got shafted in the bad names department.
NCS: How did I end up here, man?
- In the first bonus video, they decide to call the final-boss version of Chugga's Magolor voice "Sinister Elmo".
- During Jon's final run of the Item challenge room, Emile starts using weaponised Tempting Fate, just as Jon did to him in Mario Party 2. When they get to the last door, Emile says "Okay, last room." Kirby immediately jumps into the fire blocks and lands at the finish, ruining what would have been a Platinum rank for Jon.
- When Jon starts the Water Challenge:
Jon: Alright, I'm gonna start with wah-tah.
- Chugga and hugs during the first bonus episode. Also one of the biggest Heartwarming Moments in the series.
Jon: Good luck, Timothy! [...] Why are you hugging him?
Chugga: ...it was for good luck.
Chugga: Hope you didn't mind me messing with you — you'd already won, so...
Jon: Yeah, but you sounded like a dick doing it and I sounded like a dick responding to it.
Chugga: I'm sorry.
Okay. Apology accepted. [Beat
] Why are you hugging Tim?
I'm like 'Apology accepted!' and he hugs Tim!
- And, of course, our final sendoff, if for no other reason than NCS's Shout-Out to the Battletoads race.
Chugga: And we are—
Everyone: The Runaway Guys!
- At the beginning of episode 11, Jon shows the others that the first letters of the game's levels spell crowned. Chugga's reaction is hilarious.
Chugga: Dude. My mind has been blown, hit by a truck, and then thrown in an industrial grinder, and sat on by Wario's ass.
Jon: You know, the worst part is, he's not even being sarcastic. He's actually this surprised.
Little Big Planet
- Everything in the intro, no exception.
- Their costumes deserve a mention. Chugga is playing as "Mustached Shark", NCS is "Victorian Lady Gaga", Jon is our "Mexican Penguin", and Lucajin? "Patchwork MY BALLS!"
- "Everybody dance! Everybody dance!"
- AND THE KING OF ALL CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS!
- When they screw around with their costumes. At one point, all of them are covered in horse tails and feathers. There's another time when all of them are wearing hipster glasses, with Emile's on the back of his head.
- For whatever reason, they're really freaking loud in this Let's Play, randomly screaming whenever they get the chance. This is not a bad thing.
- Jon trying to put stickers on everything.
- The Death stats at the end of the first episode. Everyone else who touched water are listed as "drowned." Not Jon, who gets Death Water!.
- Chugga's terrible Stephen Fry impression, which sounds more like a cross between Bane and Scooby-Doo.
- In the beginning of episode 2, Jon is putting tentacles on everyone. Lucah stops him with this:
Lucah: Okay, I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.
- After Jon's Mexican Penguin wins the skateboard race in episode 2:
Lucah: The Mexicans know how to run for the border!
- Right after that, Chugga mentions how there haven't been any jokes about a girl being in The Runaway Guys. To which Lucah responds:
: Oh, come on. I'm more masculine than some people
Chugga: What do you mean by that?!
- Jon's Mexican Penguin hanging onto Emile's shark as they swing from rope to rope.
- In Episode 2, Lucah, Chugga and Jon discuss who should step on 2 switches.
Chugga: Ok, so, stand on this.
(Chugga and Jon stand on the platform)
Lucah: But then you get the points.
Jon: Yeah, that's the trick, so you do this.
(Nonchalantly wacks Chugga off the raised platform)
Lucah: Hahahaha! I approve!
- It easy to miss, but Lucah makes a few really bad puns... (such as how Chuggaa "Jumped the Shark", being a shark who's making jumps) To which Tim replies:
- In episode 3, Chugga fails repeatedly to get an item that requires a difficult jump, then he and Jon argue about how to get it, while in a Meaningful Background Event Tim jumps up and gets it.
- The Running Gag of Jon claiming penguins are experienced with fire.
- Chugga claims Lucah's nationality is "Ballinese".
- "Sharks are people too, you know!"
- In episode 3, Lucah tells Jon to "get back over the border" when he is the only one left scoring points. Jon then asks "Which one, Canada or Mexico?"
- Jon yelling "I AM THE PENGUIN KING!"
- Tim lets a really loud one rip. What sells it is how it derails the commentary for the next thirty seconds.
Chugga (after selecting level): Oh god... Tim....
Jon: My headache means I can't smell that. I'm so happy right now.
Lucah: Well, aren't you fortunate?
Jon: I totally am.
Chugga: You sure are.
Tim: Jeez, that's the first time in a while.
- Jon manages to keep playing a minigame and gather more score bubbles after the other three have died, he's found a technique for dodging the hazards...
- Jon winning a race and singing a theme song for the Mexican Penguin... to the theme of Star Wars.
Jon: Mexico. Mexico number one. Mexico. Mexico Penguin!
- At the start of Episode 4, Jon has stuck two gloves on springs on his avatar's head and another on Lucah's like a unicorn horn (the "Slap-a-corn", as Lucah describes it). He tries to take the latter one off, but Chugga starts the level halfway through him doing it, and it ends up looking like it's coming out of Tim's crotch.
- Chugga and Jon argue when attempting to bounce on a platform for collectibles—they both agree that it will only work if one person does it alone, but then insist they should be the one person. Jon solves the problem by slapping Chugga into the spikes below.
- "I'm riding my dog..." (a Call Back to Lucah's own LPs)
- Jon sticks glasses on a background skeletal character without anyone else noticing, leading to Chugga dubbing him "The Dead Hipster".
- Jon sticks a bunch of dog noses onto both Tim and Chugga. Their horrified reaction when one of Chugga's dog noses starts blinking is hilarious.
- Jon sticking a ton of bowties onto Chugga.
- In episode 5, the game trolls them.
Jon: Are you in?
Chugga: I am in. THERE'S MORE!
Chugga: The game is trolling us!
Jon: Oh, that's funny. That's actually pretty frigging funny.
- What makes this even funnier is that they brought this hardship on themselves. There was a lower passage filled with poison gas (Jon even pointed it out) that they could've have dropped the bombs through instead of lifting them around the long, difficult way, yet none of them realize it.
- At one point, the guys have to keep themselves from falling off a bucking cow. After NCS accidentally kills himself, Jon, as usual, immediately smacks Lucah and Chugga off to ride it alone.
- "You were uncomfortably close to her tongue!"
- The opening to episode 6, where all four just stand there silently... until Jon spawns a giant pair of glasses onto his face.
Everyone: *Cracks up*
Jon: I can't see! This is the worst idea I've had!
- Episode 6, Roller Run - Hard: Close to the beginning, they find a gate, and Jon asks, "How did we get another gate that fast?" 15 seconds later, they've used all their lives and fail out of the level.
- When they finally beat it, Chugga wins completely by accident by grabbing onto Tim's legs and hitting the goal first when he jumps for it.
- Jon tries to explain a game mechanic during a tense race in front of flaming rollers, only for Chugga to talk over him...
ProtonJon: Chill, dude, I was just explaining.
Chugga: Well explain faster!
ProtonJon: Oh don't you even...
- Jon's Insane Troll Logic explanations for the bizarrely unrelated picture icons on the Roller Run level.
- In The Mines, the Guys platform over a spike pit. Chugga, being in the lead, accidentally lands on a switch that triggers an explosion, killing Jon and sending NCS and Lucah flying in different directions.
- In episode 7, Tim quotes Egoraptor's "RIDIN' ON CARS!" Memetic Mutation, and then somehow pronounces the sound of Bill And Ted Air Guitar.
- They all make a grab for a swing, and end up with Tim hanging onto it and the other three under him holding onto each others' legs.
- Chugga claims he's a clownfish named Marlena.
- To explain, Chugga reads dialogue from a girl at the end of episode 7. This prompts Jon to say "Emile is whatever sex he wants to be." and eventually leads to the above line.
- After Chugga makes some nonsensical comments:
: This is how my mind works! I had a Pokémon
Jon: ...So Pokemon ruined your brain, is what you're saying.
Chugga: Remember, if you have friendship you'll always be a winner!
: ...I see you're coming out of the pony
- The episode to Episode 8.
Lucah: (Singing) If you like it, you should've put a ring on it!
Jon: (Puts a ton of rings onto Lucah) I REALLY LIKE IT!!!
- Chugga learns that in Britain, the part of a car called a trunk in America is called a boot. He finds this awesome and spends the next few minutes doing exaggerated Fake Brit impressions where he uses the word.
- In episode 9, everyone's constant bad attempts at Japanese Ranguage, accents as the level is based on Japan. Followed by Jon singing songs from The Lion King and Chugga saying 'Apparently Japan is in Africa now'.
- Upon being left alone a second time, Jon sings another Lion King song...with some extra lyrics.
Jon: It's a circle of life. It's a wheel of fortune. (Leaps to his death) It's a leap of faith. Not a good one, though.
- Other moments include is NCS and Lucahjin singing "Part of your World" and the Runaway Guys trying to sing "Somebody's watching me" at the beginning.
- Jon tries to take off a badge he put on Lucah's (avatar's) face, only to accidentally 'rip part of her face off' instead.
- Throughout ALL of Episode 10, the Runaway Guys... speaking in British accents... all the way to the end. It has to be seen to be believed!
- And then at the very end, after they say goodbye...
Jon: (loudly, no longer accented) THANK GOD!
- In episode 11, they go back to normal, but Chugga decides to just go back to making funny voices immediately, much to Jon's chagrin.
Chugga: (reading a character's dialogue in a bad Indian accent) Beyond this perilous temple you will find the Great Magician, master of emitters.
Jon: (while Chugga reads) Really? No. No!
- Lucah starts to yell "LEEROY JENKINS!" as they set off in a race, only for them all to instantly fall flat on their faces.
- After they win a collectible that turns out to be a mini-Sackboy your avatar holds, Jon jokes that it's his child and Chugga wonders if there's a specific crime for beating someone to death with a baby.
- Lucah starts calling her horse avatar "Secretariat" and "Seabiscuit", leading to this bit of Shaped Like Itself:
Chugga: Why is he called 'Seabiscuit' anyway?
Jon: Because it's his name!
- After Jon uses Lucah's real name Risa (abbreviated to 'Reese') and they mention respawning at a gate, Chugga puns that Lucah's future children should be known as 'Reese-spawn'.
- The Running Gag that Chugga keeps mistakenly saying every level is set in Russia rather than the region where it actually is, then at the end of the episode, they finally get a level that actually is set in Russia.
- Chugga tries to joke about how in a video made in 2008, Jon apologised for two-week video delays, when Jon nowadays rarely puts out videos. Jon says delays still make him angry. This somehow segues into Chugga claiming that Jon is only sane because the Runaway Guys provides an outlet for him to let out this rage... on Chugga.
- The first level of episode 12, Jon decides to go back to breaking the game with stickers like in episode 1. By using a gear sticker, he prevents Chugga from platforming over an icicle by blocking his vision and causing lag.
Chugga:Oh my God, Jon!
Chugga: I can't jump because you're slowing down the game!
- The big black stickers also get all over the Guys' avatars, making them look like Run-D.M.C. according to Jon, which Chugga mishears as "Billy MC".
- NCS accidentally switches Stephen Fry's voice back on when he hits the wrong button.
- The Guys play a minigame that involves riding a toboggan, but the toboggan just looks like a featureless platform leading up to something else, so they ALL get caught offguard when it moves away with them on it.
- When Jon somehow gets stuck on top of the planet Earth design at the end, and the level won't end until he comes down to join the others, he decides to go megalomaniacal:
Jon: I AM THE KING OF THE PLANET! THIS GAME DOES NOT END UNLESS I SAY SO! MEXICAN PENGUIN RULES YOU ALL LITTLE CHILDREN! YOU SHALL LISTEN TO HIS COMMANDS THAT THE WORLD IS HIS OYSTER!
- And then he ends up falling into the Earth somehow, dies, and is forced down to where the others are. So basically, the game told him to shut up.
- "This is the LP that never ends! Yes it goes on and on my friend!"
- "YEAH COFFEE! :D"
Jon: (after removing all the coffee he placed) Heh, yeah coffee!
Jon: Oh, you are not putting that in the video.
Board Game Island
- The first video starts off with the Guys observing the weird Miis Emile has on the title screen.
- The Miis also show up as a cheering or commiserating crowd during the game, leading to Jon's Running Gag "CAPTAIN FALCON APPROVES!" or "CAPTAIN FALCON DOES NOT APPROVE!"
- One of the minigames involves the Guys having to take pictures of a crowd of Miis when the biggest number of them is smiling. Unfortunately, said crowd of Miis are made up of Chugga's esoteric collection, including many ones where it's impossible to tell if they're smiling or not...
- Some of the Miis seen on Chugga's Wii are Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Brock, Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Chicken Little, Bubbles, Porky Minch, Mr. Saturn, Satoru Iwata, Michael Jackson, a Mii with a penguin for a face, a Mii whose face resembles a bicycle, and a horse.
- Due to having only three players, the game randomly picks a Mii as a fourth character for them. The one it picks is a male Mii named Luca.
Jon: Hey, Lucahjin! You look different this time...That's a nice goatee you have, Lucahjin...
Tim: I knew it was too good to be true...
Emile: I knew it was gonna pick something stupid, but I didn't know that...
Jon: Ho ho...
Tim: Juuuust kidding...!
Jon: Oh Tim...
- And then Lucahjin herself comments:
Lucah: OH MY GOD.. I LOOK SO GOOD :D Yeeahhhhh ladies!!!!!
- The ridiculous voice Emile does for the announcer.
Jon: The normal voice is the highlight voice?!
- Near the end of the game, where the voice starts to revert back to his Magolor voice.
- Jon yelling "SUPERMAN!" during Cosmic Capers.
- Tim does really well for most of the board, especially in the minigames, but his last few die rolls send him not only backwards about fifteen or so spaces, but then to hellnote . I guess the universe had to rebalance itself after his win on Fortune Street.
- At the end, "How many teams have George Jefferson and a snowman on them?"
- The outro consists of Tim and Jon stating their names in an unsure manner, then Chugga claiming he forgot his own name.
Chugga: Time to start a JRPG about my amnesia!
- In the Walk-Off mini game, where the players must try to travel a certain distance, Jon goes way past the mark while everyone else stops behind it, leading to this Call Back.
- Jon's reaction to the game's choice of souvenir in Canada (a bottle of maple syrup).
Jon: THAT'S RACIST! THAT'S RACIST! Also, why is it in Vancouver? It should be in Quebec! THAT'S RACIST!
- Even funnier, Jon eventually gets that space. And Chugga gets the Mexican one where he buys a sombrero.
- Jon buys a helicopter and gets it stolen by the CPU right after that.
Jon: YOU JERK! I just bought that! *Mii Jon rummages through pockets and panics* Why is my helicopter not in my pocket?!
- Jon comparing Chugga's version of the announcer's voice to 'a Russian Elmo'.
- The group pointing out how they're talking more about economics while playing the game than they did on their Fortune Street LP, leading to Jon doing his "Mexican Waluigi" voice again.
- Chugga uses a card that lets him travel to any airport in the world. One of his choices is FINLAND! Jon also notes that there are only 3 airports Chugga can choose from and questions what happened to the economy.
- After Tim is left out of the intro and points it out, he proceeds to dominate the rest of the game.
- Chugga points out that the game randomly chose a stripe scheme for his Mii and the other blue Miis, making them look like they're all wearing polo shirts.
- Tim swaps out a Mii, Chugga says that Mii was his mom's ex-boyfriend, Jon comments "Well she didn't want him!"
- Jon initially tries to build a three in a row with platinum Miis for extra points, but eventually switches a platinum Mii for a blue Mii for an easier match. After the minigame...
Jon: I'll take the guy who kinda looks like me...
*chooses random Mii that turns out to be platinum*
Jon: (while Chugga is laughing) This is how this game's going to go, isn't it?
Tim: What the balls?
- In the mini-game "Risky Railroad" where each player must pick to go left, right, or straight and hope it doesn't lead to a dead end, Chugga tries to win by doing absolutely nothing and the game automatically puts him on the straight path each time, but on the second junction, the straight path is the dead end.
Jon: Nice try, Luigi.
- At the end of Part 1, Jon has a 1 vs 1 mini game against the CPU. The mini-game's objective is to drive a moped to deliver a pizza. Jon is singing made up lyrics to the Spider-Man 2 Pizza Delivery Song, bumps into the curb twice which costs him the mini-game, and Chugga states that Jon's singing was the best part of the video.
- After noting that their avatars wear bow ties for this game, Jon keeps making Doctor Who references, which go completely over Chugga's head.
- After getting annoyed with Chugga continuing to do the Russian Elmo announcer voice, Jon retaliates by reading out "Bank Bonanza!" in an increasingly deep and slurred voice, which Chugga dubs "Bankenstein's Monster".
- At the beginning of the video, Chugga is trying to do the Russian Elmo voice before Jon interjects. Chugga then begins reading the instructions in an increasingly fast and slurred imitation (with Jon doing his own interpretation underneath), which then turns into what Chugga describes as a "malfunctioning turkey" (or senile).
- The first few rounds mostly consist of medals being added to the bank, leading to about 12,000 medals being stored. Then someone activates a minigame — keep in mind, whoever wins the minigame wins everything in the bank. Jon wins.
- Even more amusingly, when the game ends, there's a line graph of how well everyone did. Jon's line skyrockets absurdly, attracting the amusement of the guys.
Jon: Ha! Take THAT, math! That's what I think of your graphs!
- Jon manages to win Walk-Off, giving him the game. His response?
you, America! ...I don't know why I said that.
- It's because Walk-Off measures distance in yards.
- The game manages to draw three different Mario Miis in a single game, and the Guys don't like any of them.
- When Super Jeenius was first introduced, he was labeled as 4 v2.0
- As Jon is playing as An Ice Person, he introduces himself with a quote from Mr Freeze...but gets it wrong.
Jon: What killed the ice age?—Oh my God, I got it wrong!
Chugga: "What killed the ice age? The dinosaurs!"
- The ending of Part 1.
- At the end of the first episode, Chugga gives Jon twenty Canadian dollars as thanks for buying the DLC of the game ahead of time. Jon happily takes it and says that the DLC was actually just three dollars.
- In episode 2, much like in Kirby's Return to Dream Land, JoshJepson manages to be the Butt Monkey without even being there, as Jake denies knowing him or having done collabs with him.
- After the 'Josh / Jake being Number Four' thing is brought up again, the Guys discuss what numbering the three regular Guys should have, and Jake points out that Tim must be Number Two.
- At the start of episode 3, the Guys fight a four-way battle royale. Jake is knocked out early and decides to commentate on the three regular Guys' fight. As he is known for Buffy Speak, this gets...interesting.
- Tim nonchalantly stealing the King's horse at the start of episode 4.
- In episode 5, Chugga and Jake realise they are both members of the "kicked out of Jon's house during an LP" club.
- They also get into a brief discussion over whether Jake's inclusion would count, since it wasn't exactly Jon's house he was kicked out of, but, in Chugga's words, "a place he generally resides in."
Jon: Mmm, yeah, that's true, I'm not always there.
Chugga: See, there's thought behind my words! ... sometimes.
- The Running Gag that Jake keeps getting lightsabers that he doesn't want.
- At the end, Jon mispronounces the word hyperbole as "hyper-bowl". Chugga corrects him, then the Guys wonder what the Hyperbowl would be, deciding that it's whatever comes after the Superbowl. Of course, this then leads to Jon bringing up Chris Redfield's football career.
- In episode 6, Chugga accidentally calls Jake "Stephen", then makes a reference to Steve the Trooper, surprising himself by broaching the subject.
- In episode 8, when the guys reach the ship level, Tim starts singing the theme from Pirates of the Caribbean. Chugga joins in in his usual style, prompting Jake to say,
- The other Guys' astounded reaction to Tim having so many hitpoints in episode 11.
- Chugga calls himself a horse. note
- Jeenius' reaction to the Gorgon boss.
- While discussing Super Jeenius's departure for a Japanese university during the last Pv P battle, the others grow concerned that Jake would die during the next Godzilla attack. Then Chugga asks him to get Billy Mays's "undead autograph." Which glows in the dark and is legal in at least a few states.
- From that same episode, Chugga's reaction to Jon leveling up in the middle of the last PVP fight.
Wario Ware Inc.
- Episode 1
- The first lines of the LP:
Chugga: In the deepest, darkest corner of the forest, try to imagine that you come up against the silhouette of this logo!
Black screen saying "Seriously, imagine it" appears, followed by Tim screaming.
- Jon: "Happy Mother's Day, Rayman Origins!"
- After a heroic speech depicting Rayman kicking butt as always, Chuggaa says sadly that Rayman lost.
- Episode 2
- After Chugga refers to the character with the most Lums appearing behind a Brawn Hilda cutout on the victory screen as "Rayman's got his boobs" and then adds "we are so stupid", Tim decides to improvise the following to the tune of Queen's "We Are The Champions":
Tim: #Weeeee...are so stuuuupid, my boooo-ooobs...and we'll...keeeep on stickin'...to the bra...
- Chugga's reaction to the video coming out on Tuesday:
Jon: This should be a Tuesday, I think.
Chugga: Episode Two on Tuesday.
Tim: And we'll post our wedding on Wednesday.
- They get on the topic of guests and Chugga tries to talk up Super Jeenius only to wind up either offhandedly insulting him, then the other guys when he tries to make it a more direct compliment, then ultimately insulting all three of them at once in an impressive display of foot-in-mouth syndrome.
- Episode 3
- The beginning of the episode:
Jon: Emile is panting like a dog right now and is almost licking his microphone. So that shows how you excited he is for this episode of Rayman Origins.
Chugga: What? You're really going to do that?
Jon: Yes, yes I am.
Chugga: I was just humming the tune.
Jon: You're were going *panting sound* in front of the mic, you were like ready to lick it!
- Chugga's reaction to Rayman's victory move.
Chuggaa: I like how Rayman just humps the air whenever he succeeds at one of those things.
Jon: He's only a torso to be fair.
Chugga: I mean, his arms and legs are invisible, his girlfriend could be too.
Chugga: That animation is forever ruined for me, now that I've said that out loud.
Jon: That animation of humping has been ruined for you? Oh no.
Jon: Now for the Desert of Dijiridoos.
Chugga: I like that word.
Chugga: Death-defying devilry, you say?
Jon: No, regular kind.
- Episode 7
- Episode 8
- After a Tooth Stage the three realize Tim's current character is a girl. Their reactions are priceless
- Episode 12
- Emile and Jon talk about the Canadian dialect.
Chugga: I like how Canadians say aboot.
Jon: We don't say aboot. You guys just assume that we do. It's like the eh thing, some of us do, some say meh. There was some American girl that I met at one of the Paxs and I said meh, and she said "You guys do say eh!"
Chugga: That is the best thing that i've heard all day.
Jon: Wow, you haven't heard much today then.
Chugga: No, I said "the best thing that I've heard all d-eh."
- Episode 13:
Chuggaa: The majestic howling, the crashing of the waves, it can only mean one thing...
- Episode 17's intro.
- Jon's reactions in Episode 19 to Emile not only being unaware of who Isaac Asimov is, but also his comment that reading hurts his eyes.
- Episode 22:
- Chugga brings up how he likes the stage's art direction, and Jon gets annoyed with him (apparently) bringing up something up from four years ago, and then he brings up the good ol' "D'oh I missed" and "Move Faster Pokey"
: ...YOU'RE FUCKING
PROVING MY POINT, YOU IDIOT!
- Episode 26:
- After recovering the final tooth to unlock The Land of the Livid Dead, Chugga lets loose one final tooth pun... But then spouts a second one afterward. Jon (Globox) immediately slaps him (Rayman), causing Chuggaa to let loose a third consecutive tooth pun; in response, Jon lets loose the windup slap he was charging after the first slap... Which launches Chuggaa right into the doorway!
Chugga: JON! You hit me into the door!
: *as the Land of the Livid Dead is loading* I don't care. *Tim says "Oh my God" in the background* We're doing it NOW. YOUR PENANCE FOR YOUR CRIMES.
- After the credits, Jon and Emile are fighting, and Emile says that whoever hits last hits best. Jon ends up delivering the last hit before the game cuts away, prompting him to yell in a vaguely Peewee Herman-esque voice that he got the best hit. The best part of this? The endslate adds a stat for Jon saying "1 best hit - 1 total"!
- Land of the Livid Dead Part 1:
- They enter the level by Jon immediately smacking Chugga into the doorway again.
- The outro is hilarious in its' own right... Jon reached the end, but messed up, so he stands atop a coffin holding his arms up... and after Chuggaa requests him and Tim to be brought back, they get up totem pole style and hold a position as Jon sings a funeral march as they all went down in style.
- Jon wonders how JoshJepson and Super Jeenius did this level in Josh's own LP of the game. They did better, as they finished in one episode, while Chugga, Jon and Tim end up doing it in three!
- Land of the livid Dead Part 2:
- Wherein only two minutes in, Chugga wrecks his usual child-friendly standard:
*After respawning* Got this and YESSS... *Rayman is slapped and consequently bubblized* Oh fuck
, you punched me in the head— *Realizes what he just said* I MEAN—
- Land of the Livid Dead Part 3:
Chugga: You can only have so many boobs, as in two.
Chugga & NCS: Two-che.
Jon: Oh my god, Emile! Shut up!
Chugga: Tim said it too. I'm not the only one who's guilty of my crimes.
Jon: Both of you, shut up!
- Since the three of them are doing the stage blind, they had no idea that the credits were appearing for a second time. Their reactions were understandable.
Jon: Not again! Not again!
- Chugga notices a certain string of letters being spelled out in the credits.
Chugga: PUN VAN- It says pun!
*Jon promptly destroys it*
Jon: No it doesn't. I fixed it. I made it better!
Little Big Planet 2