Edward Christopher Sheeran, or simply, Ed Sheeran, was born on February 17, 1991. He's an English songwriter born in Halifax, England. Best known for his songs, The A Team
and Lego House
. He released his first album, +
, on September 12, 2011. It should be noted that his songs tend to be a bit depressing, especially if you read into the real meaning of the lyrics.
This artist provides examples of:
- The Alcoholic: "Drunk"
- British Accent: Evident in some songs.
- The Cameo: Rupert Grint in "Lego House".
- Digital Piracy Is Okay: "If people wants new music there's around 7 E.Ps that I released out and about and I don't really mind if anyone illegally downloads them."
- Downer Ending: At the end of The A Team music video, she dies from drug abuse.
- Fan Community Nickname: Sheerios
- Fan Nickname: Ginger Jesus, because of his flaming red hair and ability to hush crowds with his guitar playing.
- Grief Song: "Small Bump". It's about a miscarriage.
- Hidden Track: The traditional Scottish-Irish song "The Parting Glass" is hidden onto the end of "Give me Love"
- Iconic Item: Ed is almost always seen in a hoodie. He even performed at the Closing Ceremony of the 2012 Olympics in London in one!
- Indecipherable Lyrics: Parts of "You Need Me, I Don't Need You", "U.N.I.", and "Drunk".
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: His early E.Ps from 2005-2008 are extremely hard to find other than online.
- Long Title: "You Need Me, I Don't Need You"
- Lucky Charms Title: The name of his album is simply a plus sign. That's it.
- New Sound Album: While + was mostly a folk-pop album with heavily influences of soul, X is an eclectic trip between poppier, funkier sounds and folk-rock and rap.
- Odd Friendship: He and Jamie Foxx. He's the one who discovered him, after all.
- One-Word Title: "U.N.I."
- Piss Take Rap: "You Need Me, I Don't Need You". Damn!
- Precision F-Strike: "They say I'm up and coming like I'm fucking in an elevator."
- Several censored ones on X, especially on "Don't".
- Real Life Writesthe Plot: "The A Team" was inspired by a homeless prostitute named Angel that Ed met while doing charity work.
- Shout-Out: "A young singer-writer like Gabriella Cilmi"
- Silly Love Songs: Autumn Leaves is one example.
- Something Completely Different: "You Need Me, I Don't Need You" compared to the rest of the album.
- "X", compared to his previous solo work.
- Sudden Downer Ending: "Small Bump" is mostly about a man conversing with his future baby, which is revealed at the very end to have been miscarried. Ouch.
- Surprisingly Gentle Song: "Autumn Leaves" is a gentle lullaby about losing someone you love, and "The Parting Glass" is an acapella goodbye song.
- Take That: Ed said in an interview that the song, "You Need Me, I Don't Need You", is geared towards the music industry, rather than a person.
- This Is Your Song: "Lego House".
- Title Drop: Hard to miss in "You Need Me, I Don't Need You".
- Title Only Chorus: Again, "You Need Me, I Don't Need You".
- What Could Have Been: Ed wrote a song titled, "Little Things", but gave the song to boy band, One Direction. However, he recently performed it live.
- Your Cheating Heart: "Don't"