is a Let's Player on Youtube. She's known for her quirky commentary and cute demeanor, with a bit of derp on the side. She's also a talented artist, and does most, if not all, of the art on her channel and videos herself.
In addition to her own content, she occasionally appears alongside other L Pers
, like The Runaway Guys
and Stephen Plays
Games MasaeAnela has played
- Adorkable: It doesn't matter what mood she's in, she's an unstoppable force of cuteness.
- Angrish: Dissolves into this whenever something REALLY frustrates her.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Many a sentence has been interrupted by her getting distracted by something.
- Berserk Button: The aforementioned unnecessary textbox in Twilight Princess. Her reactions range from either a quiet sigh to her ranting about how useless the textboxes are.
- "Saggy Nipples".
- When she can't fit Rupees into her wallet.
- Catch Phrase: CHIPMUNK MASAE, ACTIVATE!!!
- "No sir! Do not want!" Whenever something bad starts happening.
- "K - O - N - G - Kong!" when she gets all the K,O,N,G letters in Donkey Kong Country Returns.
- Cat Girl: Her "Chibi Masae" avatar as seen in her channel icons often has kitty ears.
- Colbert Bump: She's seen a rise in popularity after being featured in The Runaway Guys and Stephen Plays.
- Cuteness Proximity: In Twilight Princess she often stops to gush over the cats and dogs that follow her around in Hyrule Castle Town.
- Distaff Counterpart: Very clearly one of Let's Play/Chuggaaconroy. She has a lot of shared habits with his over-the-top commenting style. Helps that the two are really good friends.
- Establishing Character Moment: Pretty much every time she starts up a video, she does a "happy dance" ingame (which usually consists of the player character running in a tiny circle.)
- Failed a Spot Check: She COMPLETELY misses the second shine sprite of the infamous Secret of the Village Underside mission in episode 30 of the Super Mario Sunshine LP. She realizes too late of this mistake and has to do it all over again.
- Genki Girl: As if it weren't obvious enough.
- Groin Attack: Hilariously averted in Part 3 of her playthrough of Twilight Princess's Cave of Ordeals. After a Darknut knocks Link to the ground, it swings its blade down straight between Link's legs. Cue Masae crying out "Ooooh, my crotch, my crotch!" despite the fact that Link doesn't visibly take any damage. She later claims she could feel the pain from that.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: In her livestream of Skyrim, she stole everything she could.
- Large Ham: Especially when something startles her.
- Money for Nothing: She often complains about how easy it is to acquire Rupees in Twilight Princess and tends to resort to using the Rupee-draining magic armour to make space in her wallet for Rupees she can't acquire. Needless to say, the game seems to be fond of showering her with money she hardly needs.
- Motor Mouth: Whenever she activates "Chipmunk Masae" (in other words, speeds up her recording to get through tedious gameplay faster). This is evident in her playthrough of Twilight Princess's Cave of Ordeals.
- Rage Quit: Does one at the end of part 58 of Yoshi's Island, upon realizing that all her efforts amounted to nothing.
- Running Gag: More often that not, she keeps getting bananas at the end barrel in Donkey Kong Country Returns.
- The Scrappy: In-universe, she REALLY hates Ooccoo, as she constantly freaks out about her bizarre appearance, refers to her as "Saggy Nipples", and is quick to dismiss any theory that the Oocca may be descended from the Loftwings from Skyward Sword.
- Third-Person Person: She likes calling herself Masae, even in place of "I".
- Tomboy: Sometimes talks about how "Manly Masae" she is.