open/close all folders
Film - Animated
Film - Live-Action
- In Elf, a walrus is among the cutesy animated North Pole animals. He cries when Buddy leaves the North Pole, and has to be comforted by Arctic Puffin.
- The children's book Walpole tells the story of the titular walrus, who is very warm-hearted, even turning down the position of leader (initially) because he wants to take care of orphaned walrus pups.
- Animal Crossing's Wendell is a friendly walrus who loves art, and travels far and wide selling his artwork. When he comes to the player's town, he is so worn out and hungry that he will gladly give you patterns (used to decorate clothes, walls, and other objects) in exchange for some food!
- Banjo-Kazooie: In the first game, a walrus is among the things that Banjo can transform into. This transformation is necessary to interact with another walrus named Wozza, who is terrified of bears, and will panic and retreat if Banjo meets him as a bear. But Wozza is lonely, and only wants to be friends with another walrus, so if you meet him in walrus form, he'll invite you into his cave and give you items.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild introduces the Sand Seals, desert-based fruit-eating walruses that the Gerudo use to pull them across the sands of the Gerudo Desert. The most notable among them is Patricia, a pet Sand Seal belonging to the Gerudo leader Riju who is also a Pungeon Master if translations of her walrus-speak are any indication.
- Downplayed in Rocket: Robot on Wheels. Although Whoopie the walrus is the mascot of an Amusement Park, and the game's Dude In Distress, he's more neutral than good. He doesn't really do anything helpful besides flop on top of the villain, Jojo, trapping him, which he didn't even mean to do. He's also shocked when Rocket becomes the new mascot, but to his credit, he seems more sad about it than angry or jealous.
- Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves has the walrus McSweeney, former Big Guy of Mr. Cooper (Sly's father)'s gang of Lovable Rogues.
- Zig-zagged with Lolrus, whose personality and appearance vary Depending on the Writer. In the original picture, he was portrayed as a lovable elephant seal obsessed with his favorite bucket (or as he calls it, "bukkit"). Whether or not a Lolrus picture is of an actual walrus, the character is still usually portrayed as a benevolent creature looking for bukkits. However, there are some pictures that portray him as being more violent, averting this trope.
- In Vinesauce Tomodachi Life, Walrus the walrus is portrayed as an easygoing buddy who loves everyone. While Vinny himself disliked him at first, he warmed up to Walrus later on.
- Film Cow's "The Walrus Song" features a cute little walrus wearing a bow. The poor thing is traumatized when her owner suddenly reveals that he's been feeding her walrus meat.
- The Mr. Magoo cartoon "Fuddy Duddy Buddy" has Magoo mistake a walrus from the zoo for his old friend Bottomley and take him out for a game of tennis. When a detective takes the walrus back, Magoo is at first disheartened at the revelation, but then decides that "I don't care if he is a walrus. I like him!" At the end, Magoo is having dinner with the walrus, while Bottomley has somehow taken the walrus' place in the zoo.
- Noah's Island: The Problem Walrus is wise and serves as the Island's counsellor.
- Zig-zagged with Lady Walrus from Sonic Boom. Most of the time, she is a bit of a snob, but is otherwise a good person, concerned for her baby's safety. She has done some morally ambiguous acts, but never on her own. When she acts more obnoxious than usual, it's mainly because all the townspeople are.
- Rotor the Walrus from Sonic SatAM is a friendly Gadgeteer Genius and a huge help to the heroic Freedom Fighters.
- Chumley the Walrus from Tennessee Tuxedo and His Tales is the stalwart sidekick to the motivated penguin Tennessee. Though he speaks with a Simpleton Voice, he's remarkably competent once he's told what to do, and despite being among the largest characters in the series, he's very much a Gentle Giant.
- In We Wish You A Merry Walrus, an animated Christmas special based on Club Penguin, the Merry Walrus is kind and generous, and is essentially the Funny Animal version of Santa Claus.
- In DuckTales (2017), the mascot of Funso's Fun Zone, a playhouse/restaurant is a big, friendly walrus. Subverted when the Beagle Boys steal the mascot costume and wear it when they kidnap the triplets and Webby.