Western Animation: Shaggy & Scooby-Doo Get a Clue!
- Velma: It sure sounds like you guys have what it takes.Daphne: I think you two have really grown up.Waiter: Enjoy the food.(Shaggy and Scooby devour everything in front of them)Fred: Then again, they're still the same old Shag and Scooby.Scooby: Scooby-doo-be-DOO!
Tropes of this series:
- Alliterative Name: Dr. Phineas Phibes
- Amusing Injuries: The pratfalls of Agents #1 and #2 in the pilot make the antics of Home Alone look like a mild slip.
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle: Robi seems fond of doing this randomly in the middle of the episode, even if unrelated to the plot:Robi: Don't stand under trees during a thunderstorm.
- Animal Superheroes: Scooby Snacks giving Scooby-Doo superpowers...somehow.
- Art Shift: In comparison to previous Scooby shows; for instance, Scooby's eyes are now drawn as dots.
- Black Bead Eyes
- Big Eater: Shaggy and Scooby; some things never change.
- Bookcase Passage: The entrance to Uncle Albert's underground lab.
- A Boy and His X: Shaggy and Scooby, obviously.
- The Cameo: Fred, Daphne and Velma make speaking appearances in only two episodes, one of which was the pilot.
- The second episode involves them using their mystery-solving skills.
- Chekhov M.I.A.: Uncle Albert
- Expository Theme Tune: Which explains nothing on the premise; additionally, we hear the singer saying things he'd do with Shaggy and Scooby and that he will keep singing the song.
- The opening itself is just a bunch of silhouettes dancing and running in a yellow background.
- Cute Kitten: Dr. Phibes transforms into one after one point in the series whenever he's startled.
- Failed a Spot Check: In the series opening, Dr. Phibes demands Shaggy and Scooby Doo give him the Nanotech formula. Neither he nor any of his scientists notice they instead gave him a recipe for hot dog tacos until after they escape.
- Genre Shift: Previous installments of the Scooby-Doo franchise involved spooks, mysteries and light comedy. This series focuses more on comedy with some action and villains in the vein of something like Johnny Test or Kim Possible.
- One episode involved a mystery-solving scenario, only Scooby and Shaggy must overcome their fears to prove themselves.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Literally.Agent #2: I don't want to be Agent #2, you might as well call me Agent Poopie.
- Husky Russkie: One of the assassins sent after Shaggy and Scooby.
- Incredible Shrinking Man: The shrink ray from the pilot.
- Instrument of Murder: Groovy Don's laser firing guitar in "Operation Dog and Hippie Boy".
- It Is Pronounced Tro PAY: "Greetings, Shaggy and Roorvey Vroo!"
- Mad Scientist: Doctor Phineas Phibes. His name references Vincent Price's The Abominable Dr. Phibes. He also has a thick German accent borrowed from Col. Klink and Dr. Strangelove, a Red Right Hand/Artificial Limb raygun arm, and much of the same Genre Blindness as Dr. Evil.
- The Mole: Uncle Albert is working under Phibes as Dr. Trebla so he can warn Shaggy and Scooby of his plans.
- Polar Bears and Penguins: A penguin can be seen while the titular characters and their robot butler are in the Arctic.
- Robot Buddy: Robi the Robot Butler.
- Robot Maid: Robi the Robot Butler
- Sdrawkcab Alias: Trebla and Albert
- Something Completely Different: As a series. It's very unlike many other Scooby Doo incarnations.
- Technicolor Science: Uncle Albert's field of study.
- Thick-Line Animation
- Those Two Bad Guys: Agents #1 and #2
Alternative Title(s):Shaggy And Scooby Doo Get A Clue
What's New, Scooby-Doo? TurnOfTheMillennium/Western Animation Scooby-Doo Direct-to-Video Film Series