Creator: Dong Woo Animation
Dong Woo Animation
is a South Korean
animation studio. It's has been the main outsourcing firm of owner Studio Gallop
Since its inception in 1991, Dong Woo has made a name for itself in animating both western cartoons
. Since 2002, Dong Woo Animation has been the main overseas animation production house for Warner Bros.
Animation, along with Lotto Animation
, Yeson Entertainment
, Digital eMation
and MOI Animation
Shows worked on by Dong Woo:Anime, identified Anime, Unspecified work
- Baby Looney Tunes
- The Batman
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- Batman: Gotham Knight (Additional Animation for Deadshot, with Madhouse)
- Bee and Puppycat
- Black Dynamite (Most of the series, with Studio Mir, Titmouse and Sunmin Animation)
- The Boondocks
- Captain Planet and the Planeteers (First project; DiC seasons)
- Chaotic (M'arillian Invasion)
- Dantes Inferno: The Animated Epic (The "Gluttony" and "Greed" segments. Movie animated alongside Moi, Digital eMation, Production I.G, Big Star, Manglobe, JM Animation and Film Roman)
- Dead Space: Aftermath
- Dragon Tales
- Godzilla: The Series
- He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (2002)
- Hulk And The Agents Of SMASH
- Jackie Chan Adventures (including the title animation)
- Justice League Unlimited
- Krypto the Superdog
- Legion Of Superheroes
- Loonatics Unleashed
- Men In Black: The Series
- Ozzy and Drix
- ProStars (With Sei Young)
- The Spectacular Spider Man
- Static Shock
- Teen Titans (alternating with Lotto Animation)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003
- Turbo F.A.S.T.
- Ultimate Avengers
- W.I.T.C.H. (Second season, replacing Wang Film Productions and Hong Ying)
- What's New, Scooby-Doo?
- Zig And Sharko (with Armada TMT)
Tropes associated with Dong Woo:
- Animation Bump: Ninja Turtles and Dante's Inferno are the best examples.
- Animesque: Some of its western works, partially due to being owned by an anime company.
- Conspicuous CG: Inital D, Transformers, Ultimate Spider-Man, Ninja Turtles (among others) all have this.
- Latex Perfection: They're usually better at animating this than other Korean studios.
- Off Model: Not often, but is obvious when it happens.
- Production Posse: Along with Lotto Animation, they have been a major client for Warner Bros. Animation in the 2000's. They were also exclusively used by the 2003 TMNT series, to the point of getting their studio logo shown after the credits. And as mentioned above, they've worked on several of Studio Gallop's productions.