Western Animation: Scooby-Doo! and the Monster of Mexico
The sixth direct-to-video installment of the Scooby-Doo franchise, Scooby-Doo and the Monster of Mexico was produced by Warner Bros. Animation and again directed by the guy who brought us Scooby-Doo comics Scott Jeralds.Once more the film was done in a retro format resembling the classic Hanna-Barbera 1970s cartoons and this movie was the final time featuring Frank Welker, Casey Kasem, Heather North and Nicole Jaffe from The New Scooby-Doo Movies together.Movie begins with Fredís Mexican pen-pal inviting him and the rest of the gang to come wisit him in Veracruz, Mexico. Fredís friend Alejo Otero owns a fancy hotel and offers to let them all stay while vacationing. The gang decides itís a good chance to take a break from solving mysteries, only to find thereís a new mystery waiting for them when they arrive in Veracruz. The mythical Mexican monster el chupacabra is supposedly tormenting the residents of the town and chasing away visitors. Of course, the gang begin investigating around the town to see what they can turn up.
- Big Bad: Mr. Smiley and Charlene.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Charlene.
- Blondes Are Evil: Charlene.
- Dating What Mommy Hates: After Charlene's revealed as one of the culprits, Luis and Alejo's mother reveals that she never really liked her, even referring to her as a "Bruja," which is the Spanish word for "Witch".
- Dirty Coward: Luis sees himself as this when he confessed that he heard his brother calling for help, but he was so scared that he might lose his brother, he froze with fear—so he lied that he got hit on the head. Alejo forgives him, since there are worse things than being a coward, which Shaggy should know.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Mr. Smiley and Charlene mock Alejo for not wanting to break the promise he and the rest of his family made to his and Luis's father before he died.
- Gold Digger: Charlene.
- Maybe Magic, Maybe Mundane: So how much of the things at the pyramids were special effects? And then (most of) the gifts Alejo's family leave at his father's grave vanish... how did that happen?
- Role Reprisal: Again, Heather North and Nicole Jaffe reprising their roles of Daphne and Velma, respectively.
- Scooby-Doo Hoax
- Shout-Out: "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."
- Special Effects Failure: In-Universe; the "magical eagle" is very obviously just a machine.
Scooby-Doo! and the Legend of the Vampire Horror Western Animation Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster
Scooby-Doo! and the Legend of the Vampire TurnOfTheMillennium/Western Animation Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster
Scooby-Doo! and the Legend of the Vampire WesternAnimation/Scooby-Doo Direct-to-Video Film Series Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster