Western Animation: Superman: Brainiac Attacks
Superman: Brainiac Attacks
is a Direct-to-Video
movie, created to cash in on the mild-success of Superman Returns
. Very heavily criticized for poor writing and acting. Needs Wiki Magic Love
Provides Examples Of:
- Canon Discontinuity: Despite using character designs, sets and even some of the same voice actors from Superman: The Animated Series, the film is not part of the DCAU despite all appearances.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: There is something weirdly funny seeing Brainiac smacking Superman around with Lex Luthor in his battle suit...
- Large Ham: Lex Luthor.
- Mythology Gag: Lois mentions "That Green Lantern guy" would stop Brainiac if Superman doesn't do it first.
- "Look! Up in the sky! It is Superman!"
- Oh, Crap: Lex Luthor shouldn't have expected to be able to plant a self-destruct mechanism on a kryptonian supercomputer without it noticing...
- Lex Luthor is practically doing this for the whole movie.
- Same Character, but Different: It was not written to be part of the DCAU, but the Superman: The Animated Series art style was used, so it was quite jarring when some characters acted nothing like you expected, with Brainiac himself a powerful but standard-issue bad guy, and Lex Luthor being basically his old-school-film-series self.