Western Animation: Superman: Brainiac Attacks
Superman: Brainiac Attacks is a Direct-to-Video movie, created to cash in on the mild-success of Superman Returns. Very heavily criticized for poor writing and acting. Needs Wiki Magic Love.
Provides Examples Of:
- Canon Discontinuity: Despite using character designs, sets and even some of the same voice actors from Superman: The Animated Series, the film is not part of the DCAU despite all appearances.
- Grievous Harm with a Body: There is something weirdly funny seeing Brainiac smacking Superman around with Lex Luthor in his battle suit...
- Large Ham: Lex Luthor.
- Miss Fanservice: Mercy spends a great deal of her screentime doing little more than showing off her long legs.
- Mythology Gag: Lois mentions "That Green Lantern guy" would stop Brainiac if Superman doesn't do it first.
- "Look! Up in the sky! It is Superman!"
- Oh Crap!: Lex Luthor shouldn't have expected to be able to plant a self-destruct mechanism on a kryptonian supercomputer without it noticing...Lex Luthor: Oh boy.
Inform my attorneys. All of Them.
- Lex Luthor is practically doing this for the whole movie.
- Same Character, but Different: It was not written to be part of the DCAU, but the Superman: The Animated Series art style was used, so it was quite jarring when some characters acted nothing like you expected, with Brainiac himself a powerful but standard-issue bad guy, and Lex Luthor being basically his old-school-film-series self.
- True Love's Kiss: How Superman wake Lois from her coma, and really look like this, even if it is actually the residue of the serum in him that cured her. Complete with lightening and all, the resurrection scene of Flynn in Tangled resembles it quite much.