I've invested five good years in my marriage to Rex and I've nailed his arse fair and square. Now I'm going to have it stuffed, mounted, and have my lady friends come over and throw darts at it.
is really mad at Alice so he does the most cathartic thing he can: He puts a picture of her face over a dartboard and throws darts at her (or rather, the picture of her).
Sometimes happens right before Bob is going to unleash his real torments against Alice. Other times, Bob simply hates Alice, and one of his pastimes is casually throwing darts at her picture.
Characters in this situation usually have good dart-throwing skills and almost always hit their target. In comedies, expect a dart to be thrown at the board just as Alice opens the door next to it.
Occasionally a punching bag or archery target may be used for the same purpose, particularly if the angry person is athletically-inclined.
See Decision Darts
for another trope that involves dart throwing and Percussive Therapy
for a more general example of taking out frustrations on inanimate objects.
open/close all folders
Anime & Manga
- Urusei Yatsura
- Parodied: Kurama has one of Ataru; she throws a dart at it, only for the image to catch the dart in its teeth and gleefully eat it.
- Also, one of the Spice Girls has a somewhat cruder version with doodled pictures of Benten, Oyuki, and Lum with Ataru. When she's trying to be dramatic about suggesting they try seducing Ataru to get to Lum, she attempts to look cool by announcing her intent with a thrown dart, but it misses by a huge margin — so she has to walk to the wall and manually jabs Ataru with it.
- In Detective Conan, when Vermouth's hideout is raided, a picture of pre-Apoptoxin Haibara is found tacked on a dartboard with a giant "X" drawn over her face.
- Used in the absolute most hilarious fashion possible in Mazinkaiser.
- In Vampire Knight, Kaname pins a letter opener into a picture of Zero and Yuki (in Zero's neck, to be specific) after Zero bites Yuki.
- Kara no Kyoukai has a variant of this. With a plushie of the object of hatred in place of a picture and fire magic in place of the darts, but the intent is the same.
- In Hajime No Ippo, when Ippo visits the Mashibas' appartment while on a date with Kumi, she admits to be embarrassed because there is a picture of Ippo in the living room. To Ippo's chagrin, the picture was pasted on Mashiba's sandbag.
- In Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V, Shingo throws darts at a picture of Yuya after Reiji hires him to steal Yuya's cards.
- Lex Luthor has one of Superman. He has also been known to purchase Superman merchandise to casually destroy.
- In an issue of The Flash, Wally fails to rescue a woman from a fire because he needs to save 10 people in a plummeting elevator, and didn't have time to check the fire for anyone who might be trapped inside (a policeman tells him there is no-one there). The woman ends up badly scarred and loses both of her legs. Guess what she has on the dartboard in her hospital room?
- In Twisted Toyfare Theater, Captain America has one of Rob Liefeld's take on the Fighting American, who was such a blatant ripoff of Cap that the issue was taken to court.
- An issue of Archie's Joke Book had a full-page gag in which Archie's mother reprimanded him for throwing darts at a picture of Reggie.
- In the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comic, Robotnik and Anti-Sonic each have one.
- Starr from Preacher has toilet paper decorated with the faces of Jesse, Cassidy, Eisenstein, and other foes that, over the course of the series, have left him a one-legged, castrated, head scarred to look like a penis, shell of his former self.
- In The Boy Who Didn't Live Harry's Grim Reaper, upset with him for dying and being sent back to fulfill his destiny a record thirty times, threw knitting needles at a dartboard with a picture of him in the center.
- In Burnout Summer Rush, Stealth, investigating the strange construction at Townsville's Lake instigated by Blair (from Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi), sneaks into his office and, not surprisingly, finds a picture of the musicians on the wall with darts thrown into it.
- In Not Quite Heroes, Shego sometimes accessorizes her sparring-practice robot with a Kim Possible mask.
- In Visionary a Daily Prophet photo of Cornelius Fudge was magically stuck to a dartboard in the Azkaban gatekeeper's office.
- In the Naruto fanfic Three Pawns, Zaku Abumi throws a Shuriken at a picture of Shino, which is also next to a picture of Sasuke which has a similar Shuriken in it.
- In Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney fanfic Dirty Sympathy, Daryan Cresend uses a Klaver Gavin plate as an ashtray.
- In Mega Man: Defender of the Human Race, Tron Bonne made one of Kalinka Cossack after seeing her kiss Mega Man. She hit it with crossbow bolts.
Films — Animation
- A subtle variation appears in the film of Howl's Moving Castle. Howl points out the oath he took before becoming a wizard: it's pinned to a dartboard by several darts and what looks like a pair of scissors.
- The Swan Princess has 13-year-old Prince Derek shooting arrows at a drawing of Princess Odette.
- The sequel features the villain Clavius lobbing various weapons at a portrait of his former partner-in-crime, Rothbart.
- In Disney's Peter Pan, the pirates throw knives at a crudely drawn picture of their boss, Captain Hook.
- The Emperor's New Groove: After Emperor Kuzco fires her, Yzma vents her stress by smashing stone busts of the Emperor with a comically oversized mallet, just before conceiving of her plan to kill him and take over.
- One scene from Hercules has Hades skeet-shooting, albeit replacing skeets with Hercules merchandise and a gun with his fireballs.
- 101 Dalmatians briefly has Jasper throwing darts at a portrait of the prime minister for some unknown reason.
- The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea: Morgana concludes a rant about being The Unfavourite by hurling a starfish across the room into a dartboard with Ursula's image stuck to it.
- In Barnyard, the chickens set up a dartboard with KFC founder/mascot Colonel Sanders' picture on it.
- Early in Home, a dartboard with a drawing of a Boov can be seen in Tip's apartment.
Films — Live-Action
- In Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay, there's a scene in which the title characters end up in George W. Bush's den. In the den is a dartboard decorated with Osama bin Laden's hairy mugshot.
- In Matilda, Miss Trunchbull is seen to have a dartboard on her office door covered in photos of random students. She's so Bad Ass that she is able to throw about a dozen darts at the thing at once and accurately hit all of the pictures.
- In My Favorite Year, which is set in a fictionalized version of Your Show Of Shows, the arrival of the head writer/star causes a scramble of activity, including a few darts quickly pulled out of his picture.
- Averted in Gremlins. The Gremlins don't throw darts at a photo of Gizmo, they actually put Gizmo on the dartboard! But thank goodness, they miss.
- The Beatles movie Help! begins with Clang throwing darts at a projected film of the band performing (specifically targeting Ringo).
- Troop Beverly Hills: In this kitschy late-80s movie, the main antagonist Velma has one for her rival Phyllis.
- The film version of Titus Andronicus has one of these for a split second.
- One of the Olsen twins movies has a sequence in which the two of them had a falling-out, and one theatrically lay on her bed throwing darts at a photograph while the other came in. Some utterly forgettable dialogue later, non-dart-throwing twin observes "that's a picture of you," and exits triumphant.
- In X-Men: First Class: Erik Lehnsherr, as an adult, is looking at a map containing pictures, he then toys with the concentration-camp coin from his childhood, and then magnetically tosses it right at a picture of Dr. Klaus Schmidt, hitting it cleanly through. This also serves as foreshadowing, since in the end of the movie Erik kills Sebastian Shaw in the exact same way.
- In Johnny English, Johnny uses one with a picture of Pascal Sauvage after being demoted.
- Argo. Played for Drama when Iranian revolutionaries storm the US Embassy. One of them finds a picture of the Ayatollah Khomeini with darts stuck in it and starts shouting at the embassy staffers who happen to be in that room.
- Casino Royale (1967) - archvillain Woody Allen, pathologically jealous of his uncle David Niven, has his face printed on a punching bag. He takes a punch at it, and gets punched back as it recoils.
- In Switching Channels, Chicago mayoral candidate Roy Ridnitz sees a dart-studded campaign poster of himself in the city press room. His only reaction is, "Get them another poster."
- In Scrooged, you can see that Frank Cross has one in the Control Room (you can see it on the door behind Brice Cummings just before Eliot Loudermilk takes charge of it at gunpoint.)
- There is an Urban Legend about a teacher at a Christian school who had the class bring pictures of people they hated so they could put them over a dart board in turns and throw darts at the images. Afterward the teacher revealed that underneath it all was a picture of Jesus, and quoted him: "Insofar as you have done it unto any of these the least of my brethren, you have done it unto me."
- One of the books in the Horrible Histories series features an illustration of Kaiser Wilhelm II, Germany/Prussia's leader in World War I, throwing darts at his grandmother Queen Victoria.
- Averted in Grunts! by Mary Gentle. Orc Marines don't use a dart board to play darts, they just nail another orc to the wall and paint a bullseye on her stomach!
- In Diane Duane's X-Com novel, base commander Jonelle Barrett relieves stress with one of these, featuring her thoroughly incompetent predecessor.
- No actual dartboard involved, but Morley Dotes from the Garrett, P.I. series once hung a cheap portrait on his wall and used it for knife-throwing practice. He claimed the picture resembled his brother-in-law.
- Callahans Crosstime Saloon: The dartboard used in the Darts Championship of the Universe at the Saloon was one of these. Author Spider Robinson wrote that the picture was of a politician who was to remain nameless — then heavily implied that it was Richard Nixon.
- In P.C. Doherty's "Sir Roger Shallot" historical mysteries (written as "Michael Clynes"), the narrator, Sir Roger, mentions that he has a copy of the famous Holbein portrait of Henry VIII, and relaxes by throwing throwing knives at it. He Does Not LIKE Henry VIII.
- In The Odd Couple episode "You Saved My Life", Felix gives Oscar a poster sized blowup of Felix to thank Oscar for saving his life. In the later episode "Two On The Isle" we find Oscar throwing darts at it in his office.
- The writers room of The Dick Van Dyke Show Show Within a Show The Alan Brady Show features Alan Brady's face on a dartboard and Mel Cooley's face on a punching bag.
- On a Christmas episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch, a party of holiday-hating witches have Santa Claus on a dartboard. Apparently if you hit his picture in the right eye it bleeds.
- In the Star Trek episode "A Piece of the Action", Krako's office has one of these with Oxmyx's picture on it.
- Murphy Brown had this in her office as a running gag. The picture on the dartboard was different every episode. At least once, it was a MAD ? I think the Murphy Brown cover, in fact.
- Sam, Sock and Ben have one of Ted in Reaper.
- Home Improvement: Tim Taylor has one of these with Bob Vila's face on it, at which he shoots nails with a nail gun. Tim being Tim, they all miss.
- Mash: Shortly after Radar is rotated home, BJ and Klinger use a dartboard and syringes to play "Vaccinate Radar". BJ is upset because the daughter he's never seen called Radar "daddy", while Klinger is mad because he doesn't feel up to the Company Clerk's job he inherited.
- NCIS: At the end of the episode where Ari is introduced (by taking the medical examiner and his assistant and eventually Kate hostage in the morgue before shooting the ME's assistant in the shoulder, killing some people and putting a bullet in Gibbs' shoulder), Gibbs is seen in his basement messing with his gun. When Gibbs looks up he fires two shots that hit between the eyes of a picture of Ari pinned on a beam on the wall. Gibbs had earlier shot Ari in the chest, but he was wearing a bulletproof vest.
- The pilot episode of The Monkees had Mike Nesmith throwing darts at a picture of The Beatles (with one dart landing straight in the middle of Ringo's head).
- Battlestar Galactica (Reimagined)
- After Boomer reveals her true nature and shoots Commander Adama, posters of her are used as targets on the Galactica's firing range.
- After her imprisonment on New Caprica, Kara uses a poster of Leoben.
- Stargate SG-1: Baal has a variation on this. Rather than a picture, he chained Jack O'Neill to it, and used a sarcophagus to resurrect him every time he got a "bullseye".
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer:
- Spike drew a hilariously dorky-looking doodle of Angel to put on his punching bag after he saw the two of them kissing in the seventh season. That is, Angel kissed Buffy, not Spike's punching bag.
- Genevieve has a picture of Buffy in a closet with several knives thrown into it.
- In a second season episode of The Wire, Frank Sobotka has a Dartboard of Hate on the wall of his office. It's actually Bob Irsay, the owner of the Colts who moved them from Baltimore to Indianapolis.
- The Brittas Empire: In season 5, episode 8, one of Gordon Brittas's employees is revealed to have a photo of him in her locker for this purpose. Amusingly all the darts are embedded in the crotch area.
- In an episode of Parker Lewis Cant Lose, the trio forges a video so Ms. Musso will stop pushing two characters together (long story). The video includes a dartboard at her effigy.
- Even Stevens has a variation: After Twitty, as a Pitcher, goes completely ballistic on Louis over nagging him in regards to Baseball one time too many, they get the idea of having the Umpire using a baseball mitt with Louis's photo on it, which Twitty, who still had sore feelings for Louis, was able to land a successful strike on the opponent.
- On Parks and Recreation, Leslie plans to get the former heads of her department together for a photo to use on the cover of the parks newsletter. To the disappointment of Leslie, who was expecting to be inspired, they all turns out to be an awful bunch of career bureaucrats who don't give a shit. Ultimately, a picture of Andy and April is put on the cover while the picture of the former heads is used as a dartboard by Ron and Leslie.
- Criminal Minds: An UnSub note uses a photo of his stepmother as a dartboard. This normally funny trope becomes squicky when you realize the unsub has piquerism — a sexual obsession with stabbing, cutting and piercing.
- One Family Feud episode had a survey question asking you to name someone who would likely have a dartboard of George W. Bush. (with answers like Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, and Al Gore)
- Lois and Clark
- Clark told Lois in an episode where a forged photo made everyone believe Lois cheated on Clark with Superman that some of the people who hate his alter ego for this have a dartboard of him. However, it's never shown onscreen.
- Much earlier, Lex Luthor was shown throwing darts at a cardboard target depicting Superman.
- The Australian sketch comedy show Full Frontal did a sketch that parodied an advertisement from the lead up to the 1996 Australian election in which veteran Australian actor Bill Hunter openly abused Liberal Party leader John Howard. The parody, written after Howard won the election, featured Ross Williams doing an uncanny Hunter impersonation and explaining that he was lying and in fact thinks Howard is terrific. The zooming out and panning of the camera reveals, among other things, a dartboard bearing Howard's image and a poster with a Hitler mustache and swastika drawn on it.
- An episode of WKRP in Cincinnati features Johnny hurling darts at a Barry Manilow album.
- In House of Anubis, Jerome and Alfie throw darts at a picture of Mr.Winkler, after he punishes them for their most recent scam attempt.
- There's one of these in the opening credits of the Suzanne Somers vehicle She's the Sheriff. It's even in the credits for the original failed pilot starring Caroline McWilliams, Cass Malloy. The dart-thrower in both cases is the heroine's antagonist, the deputy passed over for the sheriff's job (played by George Wyner in both versions).
- The Walking Dead: While squatting in a country club, Daryl pulls the darts off of a dart board and starts throwing them, but a camera angle cut reveals that he's tossing them at the headshots of the country club's management.
- Among other things, Lars Ulrich is seen throwing darts at a picture of Kip Winger in the video for "Nothing Else Matters".
- Reverend Jeremiah has a game where you can throw darts at the Holy Ghost. Play it here.
- Molly Holly and Gail Kim were seen playing darts on a 2003 episode of Raw. At the end of the segment, it's revealed that the dartboard has a picture of Trish Stratus on it.
- One political cartoon showed then-Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau having blown several holes in a poster of then-Quebec Premier Rene Levesque with a pistol.
- Street Fighter II: Zangief does this to Vega in one of his endings.
- Sam & Max: Freelance Police: Sam and Max appear to simply hate dartboards. Theirs has some darts, a switchblade, and an axe lodged in it, but no picture to go with. When you use the look command, Sam says, "Vertical silverware storage." When you use it, he grabs everything and throws it one-handed. Everything hits.
- The villainous Dr. Bredell in Judgment Rites has a phaser target on the wall of his quarters with Captain Kirk's face on it.
- The "punching bag of hate" variation occurs in Punch-Out!! Wii, where Super Macho Man has a bag with Little Mac's face on it during his title defense Training Montage.
- Sonic the Hedgehog games:
- E-102 Gamma's first level in Sonic Adventure has him blowing up little doll-like figures of Tails and Knuckles, with the main objective being to destroy a similar doll for Sonic.
- A more straight example is the "Sonic Darts" mini-game in the Versus mode of Sonic Shuffle. The game involves throwing darts at a dartboard with a picture of Dr. Robotnik on it. Since it is a play order mini-game, the player who gets closest to the center gets to move around the board first.
- Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth is too sophisticated for a dartboard. Instead, he has a chessboard of hate, with a bunch of red knights with sharp edges surrounding a spiky-headed blue pawn.
- Resident Evil 4 has one after Luis' death. The documents in the game have an image in the background (surveillance photos of Leon when Mendez warns of a bid to rescue the President's daughter for example). Leon comes across a document on the Las Plaga being retrieved and the background is of Luis' photo on a dartboard.
- In LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, Draco has a dartboard near his bed with a picture of Harry on it, which the player can throw darts at using Wingardium Leviosa for some studs.
- Likewise, Deadpool's room in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes has one of Wolverine.
- Variant in Modern Warfare 3. At the end of the Spec Ops mission "Stay Sharp", a picture of General Shepherd can be seen with three knives stuck in it.
- In The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, visiting Groose's room reveals that he has a punching bag bearing a caricature of Link's face.
- In Mass Effect 2, Zaeed apparently uses the large Carberus logo in his room as a target for knives.
- In the Old World Blues DLC of Fallout: New Vegas, you can find a picture of Robert House with knives stabbed all over it in Dr. 0's old house.
- In Civilization III, Montezuma gets one in the modern era with a Conquistador on it.
- A cutscene near the beginning of Fairway Solitaire 2 showed the gopher from the previous game throwing darts at a crude drawing of a golfer which was taped to the middle of its dartboard.
- In the Team Fortress 2 comic "Death of a Sales-Bot", Gray Mann is shown to use a copy of Hat-Wearing Man magazine with Saxton Hale on the front as a dartboard.
- Your goal in You're the Boss is to make enough money to oust the "six dreaded bosses." After each one introduces his or her self, a doodled-on wanted poster of them appears and two darts get thrown at it.
- Petra from Emerald City Confidential has a portait of Queen Ozma—which all Oz residents are required to hang up in their homes—that she throws darts at.
- You can download a few The Sims 2 mods like this.
- In Tiny Toon Adventures: Wild and Wacky Sports, one of the mini-games involves Buster and his friends throwing ice cream cones at pictures of Montana Max (and one of Elmyra as well).
- At one point in Ratchet & Clank: Into The Nexus, Ratchet comes across a crude drawing of himself with a target behind it and a knife in its forehead.
- Ulala of Persona 2 has a punching bag with a picture of Youichi, the con artist who stole her heart (and all her money), on it.
- Strong Bad has one of Homestar Runner, as seen in an Easter egg in the Homestar Talker. "Oh man, I hate this guy!"
- In the Gravity Falls episode "The Hand that Rocks the Mabel", Grunkle Stan's rival, Gideon Gleeful, has a picture of Stan riddled with throwing darts hanging in his house. His father Bud hastily takes it down while trying to convince Stan to set aside their differences and become business partners.
- Robbie has one of Dipper in "The Love God", which has two darts, a knife and a shuriken embedded in it.
- The episode "Joker's Millions" from Batman: The Animated Series shows that Harley's cell at Arkham Asylum has one of these showing Batman.
- In The Fairly OddParents, Mr. Crocker has a dartboard with Timmy Turner's picture on it, and vice versa.
- Another Butch Hartman cartoon example: In the T.U.F.F. Puppy episode, "Doom and Gloom", when Snaptrap is moping in his Mom's house and Larry (who renamed himself Murray) is taking over Petropolis, Snaptrap takes out his aggression by throwing darts (and a wood axe) at pictures of him.
- The animation Robbie the Reindeer has Robbie spying on Blitzen and seeing him throw a series of weapons at a picture of Robbie.
- Parodied in The Simpsons, where Sideshow Bob makes an outline of Bart's head with blue darts, and then hits it in the forehead with a red one.
- Played straight in "Midnight Towboy" where the regulars of Moe's Bar create one of Homer because of his greedy towing.
- Darkwing Duck's Evil Counterpart, Negaduck, often does this. Then he switches to throwing knives at the photo. Then axes. Then chainsaws!
- King Koopa in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 has two, one for Mario and one for Luigi.
- An episode of The Real Ghostbusters has Peter throwing darts at a picture of a police detective that had been antagonizing him. The cop shows up to question the guys again...
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- An episode of the Sunbow G.I. Joe series shows the Joes with a dartboard sporting Cobra Commander's, um, face. It later turns out to be a Chekhov's Gun when Cobra Commander uses his image to subliminally control a neighborhood.
- The Mask: On the season two episode, "Flight as a Feather," Lieutenant Kellaway is taking a phone call about a pizza-napping and when he hears that the suspect is "green", he chucks a dart at a dartboard with The Mask's photo (and a couple of other darts that have missed the bulls'-eye).
- In Jimmy Two-Shoes, Saffi throws a figure of Lucius at a picture of him. The picture has darts through it, obviously having been used for this purpose. Oddly, it's hanging in Jimmy's house.
- In one episode in Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, a dartboard of the Grumble is seen in the trio's room.
- One episode of Biker Mice from Mars shows the main villain use one as Decision Darts.
- An episode of The Penguins of Madagascar has Officer X doing this with a poster of the penguins as the dartboard and a pair of chopsticks as the darts.
- Fred Flintstone throws darts at a tree carving of Mr. Slate in the episode "The Mailman Cometh". Barney asks him if he's playing darts to which Fred sarcastically responds "No, I'm riding a bicycle on the ceiling".
- An episode of Johnny Test shows that Bling-Bling Boy has a dartboard near his bed with a picture of Johnny on it.
- Tarantulas had one of Megatron in his lair during season 1 of Beast Wars.
- The Legend of Korra
- The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius does a variant of this with Cindy beating up a bop bag of Jimmy at the beginning of one episode, which she punches so hard its head comes off and its expression changes from a :B to a :O.
- The American Dad! episode "Dr. Klaustus", a feud brews within the family and each member of the family has a dartboard with a picture of another member they hate. (ex. Jeff for Hayley, Stan & Francine for Steve). Stan however throws darts at the real Klaus, who he blames for causing said feud.
- In Hey Arnold!, Torvald has a picture of Ms. Slovak (his teacher) in his room that he shoots at with a Nerf gun.
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012) episode "Mousers Attack!" has the Purple Dragons throwing kunai at a calender with a turtle on it that they drew Raphael's mask on.
- The Cleveland Show: Junior gets a picture of his dad when he's pissed and throws darts at it as he plans his revenge. They all bounce off or miss, so he just walks up and pins the last dart on.
- In the Superman: The Animated Series episode "Livewire", before she become the titular character, Leslie Willis had a picture of Superman in her radio studio she would throw darts at while she bad mouthed him on her show.
- In DuckTales, Glomgold is seen throwing darts at a dartboard with Scrooge's face on it. He then throws a tomahawk at it and starts to aim a pistol at it until the phone interrupts him.
- An episode of Robot and Monster has Robot throwing darts at a painting of his Corrupt Corporate Executive brother Gart as Napoleon Bonaparte.
- Ed, Edd n Eddy does two variants, first in "Ed in a Half-Shell" with Eddy's training of Jimmy involving throwing eggs at a photo of Sarah, then in "See No Ed" with the kids playing pin the tail on the donkey with a crudely-drawn picture of Eddy.
- In the Grojband episode "Rock the House", Trina throws knitting needles at a picture of her biological Annoying Younger Sibling, Corey on a dartboard.
- DreamWorks Animation's CGI Rocky and Bullwinkle short has Boris and Natasha having a dartboard on their wall with a picture of Rocky and Bullwinkle on it, surrounded by darts, knives and axes.
- In a Daria tie-in book, the teacher's lounge has a dartboard with a picture of the principal, Ms. Li, though the teachers "artfully" hide it behind a picture of Kevin.
- In Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, during the song "We're a Couple of Misfits", Hermey builds a snowman model of his former boss and punches it in the nose.
- In the Cow and Chicken episode "Who is Supercow?", the Red Guy has one for Supercow.
- In one of the Disney episodes of Doug, after Mr. Bluff learns that most of the people in Bluffington hate him, his staff shows him to a section of his company that works around the clock to help improve his image in the town with various techniques and sessions. They pass one room with his picture on the dartboard. Mr. Bluff asks which room that is, they informed that it's actually the employees' lounge.
- In the Ninjago episode "Versus", when Jay and Cole are made to fight each other in the Tournament of Elements they train using punching bags with a picture of the other taped to them.
- Nintendo Magazine System, an Australian Nintendo magazine, had one of their reviewers, Amos Wong, give positive reviews on a Sega game for a games show. This earned him the hatred of readers, to the point where the magazine had a cut-out dartboard of the reviewer.
- In a similar vein, during World War II they sold a chamberpot in England with Adolf Hitler's face on the bottom. Think about it...
- Egyptian businessman Mohammed al Fayed famously had the face of his hated rival "Tiny" Rowland printed onto a toilet seat.
- Serial killer Edmund Kemper, who absolutely hated his mother, used her severed head as a dartboard.
- In the aftermath of the Arab Spring, at least one Egyptian salesman has been seen selling sandals with Mubarak & co. printed on them. (Walking on somebody's image, throwing a shoe at them and similar actions are gross insults in the Arab world)
- There's a company online that sells urinal cakes with the face of your choice on them. You just send them a photograph and you can have urinal cakes with your worst enemy smiling up at you.
- During the worst of the 1980's, it was possible to buy toilet roll which had the faces of Margaret Thatcher, Norman Tebbit or Edwina Currie on it.
- The satirical magazine Private Eye also sold voodoo dolls of Margaret Thatcher, complete with pins. It is probably a coincidence that for a short period, she was hospitalised by stabbing pains in her right hand and required remedial surgery.
- One piece of merchandise for Game of Thrones is a dartboard poster with Joffrey Lannister on it. Sadly, as it's a poster, you couldn't throw real darts at it for long.
- One particularly bad emperor of China (the latter Qi emperor of the southern kingdoms) had his own general set up as an archery target by painting a bulleye on the pudgy man's belly button. His attendants convinced him to use blunted arrows and the general lived through being shot. (The irritated general would later start a coup.)