It's time for the second TV Tropes Halloween Avatar Contest, theme: cute monsters! Details and voting here.
Characters: Survivor The Australian Outback
open/close all folders
The Sole Survivor
- The Lancer: To Kucha.
- Lazy Bum: Subverted. He was edited this way, but by all accounts from fellow cast members, this was Manipulative Editing.
- Mr. Fanservice
- The Southpaw.
- The Stoic: By far the least emotional player in the game. Even when one of his Kucha tribemates ends up badly burned his reaction is far more understated than anyone else's.
- Worthy Opponent: To Colby. Aside from Keith, we was the only real competition to him in the individual challenges.
- Crazy Survivalist: He seriously manages to catch and kill a pig. The editors also had fun portraying him as this every now and then with some judicious use of close-up shots and eerie music.
- Dead Star Walking: The early episodes build Michael up as the undisputed(well, other than Alicia) Large Ham leader of Kucha, with some viewers even seeing him as the second coming of Richard Hatch. He's arguably the biggest character from this season other than Jerri. And he ends up falling into the fire a day or two before the merge.
- Game-Breaking Injury
- Gory Discretion Shot: Averted. They show the burns on his hands after he falls into the fire, and they are very, very cringe-inducing.
- The Hero: Of Kucha.
- Keet: Michael is a GROWN version of this.
- Large Ham
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: The UR Example and Trope Maker.
- Shocking Elimination: The first castaway to be eliminated by the actual day-to-day life in camp as he accidentally inhaled smoke and passed out, falling into the fire. Not only was this hugely pivotal in how the game played out as Kucha was forced to go into the merge even instead of having a chance to go in with the numbers advantage, but on top of that it happened to the person with very arguably the strongest survival skills on the show.
- Worthy Opponent
- Alliterative Name
- Break the Cutie: After Mike caught and killed the pig, Jeff started to mock Kimmi for her vegetarianism. Later, Jeff instigated an argument between her and Alicia over when to cook the chickens. The latter argument is what contributed towards Kimmi getting getting voted off.
- Fatal Flaw: Kimmi is a vegetarian who is on a game show where she might have to eat food made from animals.
- Innocent Fanservice Girl: According to her audition tape, she enjoys being in the nude, but only because she enjoys to and she doesn't consider anything sexual about it.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: She accidentally revealed to Tina during a reward challenge that Jeff had a previous vote against him. This knowledge caused Ogakor to have an advantage during the merge when they manipulated the votes so that Jeff would leave after a 5-5 deadlock tiebreaker.
- Noodle Incident: There was a montage of Kimmi chatting it up with her tribe during the first night, and the excerpts of what we heard sounded pretty kinky.
Maralyn "Mad Dog" Hershey
- Arch-Enemy: Jerri was this to him. On the post show "Back From The Outback" special, he even had a Dartboard of Hate with her face on it.
- Fish out of Water: Like Debb below, he had trouble relating to people who weren't from the military.
- Noodle Incident: The infamous "Beef Jerky Incident" (the question of whether or not he smuggled food into the game) has never been answered, and we never actually saw the footage of Kel chewing on whatever it was that he was chewing on (he claims it was a shard of grass).
- Token Minority: Although he might not look it but he is Peruvian and thus the first Hispanic castaway on the show.
- The Unreveal: As mentioned right above, we'll probably never find out whether Kel was really chewing beef jerky or if Jerri was just making it up to make him seem more unlikable to the other tribemates, or even if Jerri genuinely thought that he was eating that, but he really wasn't, and it was all just a misunderstanding.
- Fish out of Water: Had trouble relating to her tribe, leading to her tribe ousting her first.
- Humiliation Conga: Not on the show itself, but as revealed on the post show "Back From The Outback", the prisoners in the prison that she works at have been subjecting her to this by continuously mocking her for being the first person voted off of Survivor. It's pretty hard not to feel sorry for her after hearing about this.
- Never Live It Down: As mentioned above, her early ousting on Survivor became this amongst the people in her prison, which they, at least initially, constanly mocked her for. This definitely makes her a real life example of a woobie when you consider how much repect her performance on the show caused her to lose.
- Tomboy: A prison guard, and particularly intimidating one at that.