open/close all folders
- The first lines of the whole LP.
Chugga: Today, we are going to the most dangerous world that we have ever been to. The dangerous, dangerous world... of FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING!!!
- The voice Jon does for Waluigi. Chugga points out that it sounds like a bad Mexican accent.
Jon: Waluigi's now determined to be the worst Mexican accent it can be.Chugga: You might as well go "Arriba, arriba! Ándale, ándale!" if you want to make it worse.Jon: Waluigi number one! Ándale, ándale!
Jon: Okay, no, that [1109G] price makes a lot of sense, actually.
- After Jon accidentally invests 999 gold into an arbitrary shop (which everyone, himself included, calls "a mistake"), Chugga uses one of his later turns to look at what the shop Jon invested in actually was. It turns out it's actually a bridal boutique. Mexican Waluigi's lines only get more hilarious after that.
Jon: Who in their right mind would trust WALUIGI?! *Mexican Waluigi voice* I look trustworthy, look at my mustache!
- It gets even more hilarious when Chugga tries to argue that Waluigi is aiming for the gaming community because only they would trust him. Jon's reaction is priceless.
Jon: (Mexican Waluigi voice) District A has very good stock prices note .
- Chugga, having kept generally quiet about the voice, randomly cracking up as Tim decides which district to buy stock in.
Chugga: (beat, bursts out laughing) What are you doing!?
Jon: (unfazed by Chugga's comment) District A likes money.
Chugga: You sound more, like, Mexican.
(both Jon and Chugga laugh)
Chugga: (imitating Jon's voice) "These are really good stock prices, arriba arriba!"
- After Jon buys a certain building, he sees Waluigi flexing and again does the Mexican Waluigi voice, only much more deeper than usual, prompting him to say "My Waluigi voice's turning into Wario, apparently."
- Chugga jumping up and down on the bed after escaping a risky island unharmed.
- NCS being allergic to bullshit.
Chugga: It's a bookshop, that would have been bankrupt in the year 2012.Jon: Well, it's a Yoshi's Island bookshop. Yoshis are just learning how to read.Chugga: Well, Yoshi's Story was in a storybook.Jon: Ha! Haha, that was pretty good, Tim.
- After Chugga refers to a particular district Jon has a lot of money in the Grand Line, he and Jon get into a bit of discussion over the anime, before they both have fun mocking the 4Kids intro.
- In the second playing with Lucahjin, NCS willingly lands on a space that closes all of his shops.
Chugga: Why'd you close for the day? You could've gone to the arcade!NCS: Yeah, I could've.Jon: Or you could've gotten a suit.Chugga: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!Jon: What? WHAT?!Chugga: Damn, boy! Tim's got an ego now that he's won!NCS: You can just call me Egoraptor.
- Chugga gets a card that causes Lakitu to appear, but nobody knows what he does, so Jon turns the chat on so Lakitu will tell them. Every time he gets a turn, though, somebody skips the explanation, to Jon's growing frustration.
- Jon explains the game mechanics to Lucah, who has never played the game before. Towards the end of part 1, Chugga calls him out on having gone into "teacher mode" as Jon calls it.
Lucahjin: I'm gonna get an A!
- In part 2 they have an argument about how Lucah cleaned Chugga's kitchen for him, Jon unpacked his groceries, while Tim...played video games.
- Lucah's "How many Mexicans does it take to change a lightbulb? Juan!" pun is so bad that Chugga high-fives her.
- Tim's rendition of The Lion Sleeps Tonight.
- Jon's "Mexican Waluigi" voice starts to wander into Tommy Wiseau territory, as Chugga notes.
- Jon worries that people will call him gender biased for being nicer to Lucah than the others. This segues into Chugga saying that the only way Jon will ever be nice to him is if he has a sex-change operation.
- When Lucah goes back to the bank with one move left, she lands in a direction that forces her to land on one of Jon's adjacent properties.
Jon: (Mexican Waluigi voice) Which place would you like to give me money from?
Lucah: ... My ass.
Jon: (still in the voice) I always did wonder where the pockets were on that thingnote .
Chugga: ... (cracks up laughing) What!?
- And after the above, Tim starts going on about Daisy having a reverse camel toe before Chugga says she's a reverse kangaroo.
- In part 3, when Chugga points out that Waluigi hasn't actually done anything that evil in the Mario canon, Lucah claims he's evil 'because he has no ass'.
- The Running Gag about Jon's purple sector of the board being 'the ghetto' because of its low rent prices, and then Chugga points out the Unfortunate Implications of this being coupled to Jon's "Mexican Waluigi" voice.
- Also leads to this moment of Buffy Speak when the stock prices go down in Jon's sector. "The ghetto is even ghetto-ier!" (And later "stop ghettoing up my ghetto!")
- After seeing Waluigi stand on a shop space in a pose that makes him look like he's sitting on a toilet, they decide that the toy store he owns sells toys made out of his poop.
- Chugga and Lucah agree to do impressions of each other. After Chugga does a bad impression of Lucah, she respond by imitating his frustrated "AAARGH!", and then Tim joins in as well.
- Jon (as Mexican Waluigi) insults Mitt Romney, then Chugga reminds us that this video was recorded before the election and Jon could be insulting the current president by the time it goes up. This leads to a discussion of Jon being arrested the next time he tries to go to the USA and 'having an interesting story to tell in prison', then the suggestion that a future project would be "Let's Play Prison Visitation".
- The Guys not noticing Jon's gone when he just gets up to go and get a drink towards the end of the video, and him being outraged about this when he comes back.
- The end of Part 4 has an epic moment of Tempting Fate. Jon invests a large sum in improving a store which Tim is 1 away from, then Tim gets a card which increases the prices on every property by 30% for one turn. Chugga says heavily "If he rolls a one..." He does.
- And then Chugga gets the unlucky 13 card, reducing all his prices by 13%.
- In part 5, Jon gets enough net worth to win while he's already on the bank... only for the game to force him to go away from it and come back again.
- The video is promptly fast-forwarded past the next few turns and eventually returns to normal only to find the group singing/beatboxing some Montell Jordan.
- Waluigi's speech as President Evil when he wins.
- Chugga makes a Stay in the Kitchen joke about Lucah, Jon calls him sexist, Lucah retaliates by referring to Chugga being Mexican, Jon calls her racist.
- In the Mario Stadium playthrough with JoshJepson, Josh's confusion when he rolls a 7 and Jon referring to it as 'rolling an H'.
- After Chugga comments that this is the second time they're playing through with someone unfamiliar with the game and having to teach them as they go along:
Chugga: We are good teachers. We should be running the education system!Jon: NO WE SHOULDN'T. Speaking as the son of a teacher...Chugga: You son of a teacher!
- In part 2, Waluigi's got a coffee shop. Chugga then jokes that it's called Wabucks and that if Waluigi printed money it would also be Wa bucks. They then joke about what Waluigi would look like in the different bills.
- Josh referring to "Knuckles the Enchilada".
- They joke that (due to him cutting abruptly from the upset paying-out animation to being happy again) Yoshi is bipolar. Jon's impression of him as such rapidly degenerates into Niko Bellic. This then leads to them creating a Crack Fic in which Yoshi replaces Roman in Grand Theft Auto IV, with Jon voicing Niko and Chugga voicing Yoshi.
- In part 3, Josh: "I wish someone would pay me to be stupid..."
- In part 4, Chugga and Jon discuss Jon's habit of rolling low numbers on board games, ending with Chugga saying "Jon always rolls ones, it's his thing" — upon which Jon immediately rolls a 1.
- In part 5, the other Guys don't notice Chugga building a big lead through stock prices when he puts cash into a district, as Jon and Tim are too busy discussing whether the Elton John or William Shatner version of Rocketman is better.
- Josh forgetting to press 2 to move the dialogue boxes along and Chugga having to constantly remind him.
- Jon and Josh begin to sing in perfect harmony: "Iiii'm dreaming of a Jesus Christmas, just like every other Christmas there iiis..."
- Chugga imitates "Tim's Waluigi voice". Jon catches the slip-up immediately, and Chugga prompts Tim to impersonate Waluigi. The guys liken it to Donald Duck as a drunkard.
- In Part 3, Chugga lands on three of Jon's spaces in a row, and complains about this (ignoring how Jon keeps pointing out how small the payouts actually are). His very next roll lands him on the space Super Jeenius built up.
- After gaining a healthy lead, Jake screws himself over by accidentally buying one of Tim's properties for five times its value.
- How the game ends: Jon lands on a suit and gets a card that lets him warp to any other space. He immediately warps to the other remaining suit that he needs, where he then gets another card that lets him warp to the bank and instantly win the game. The Guys' stunned reactions just sell it.
- The Running Gag of referring to Jake (and/or his player character Stella) as "a seven-year-old drag queen".
- When Chugga briefly leaves to use the bathroom and Jon fills time by pondering which stocks to buy, Tim slips into a Wildlife Commentary Spoof voice describing the whole thing.
- The irony (pointed out by an annotation) that Chugga starts the game by talking about how Jon is winning everything lately. The board was recorded before Jon's terrible luck throughout Mario Party 3.
- Chugga's surprisingly blunt Take That! to the Game Grumps after Jon brings them up.
- Chugga makes a mention of Tim's Wiimote battery being low, saying it would pause the game... Then rolling a 3, landing on Tim's biggest property, with a cry of:
Chugga: Watch it pause the game until he reconnEEEEEEEEEECTS!*cue synchonized slow clap from Jon and Super Jeenius*
- Jon's story about how he almost didn't make it through American customs for Let's Playing.
- After winning the Slurpodrome event, Chugga made a reference to "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000".
- Jake jokes that he has Psychic Powers that let him predict that the next person will roll a 4. Chugga says how funny it would be if that actually happens. Guess what the next person (Tim) rolls.
- A similar Tempting Fate moment when Chugga suggests Tim might get a row of 7s (the highest scoring combination) on Round the Blocks, which Chugga has never seen ...and he does.
- Three players get total domination (i.e. monopoly) of districts in one part.
- Tim is 1 away from Jon's most expensive shop and Chugga is 1 away from Tim's. Tim rolls a 1 and the payout demolishes most of his massive lead...then Chugga rolls a 1 and Tim gets almost exactly the same amount back again, restoring his lead. All in one turn.
- Jake lands on the cannon and his only options to shoot to, the other three players, are all in 'the Circle of Death' as Chugga calls it, made up of Jon and Tim's monopolised districts.
- Street of Fortune with Proton Sajak and Tim His White.
- Masae introducing herself.
Masae: (in a deep voice) I am Masae Anela, clearly the manliest one here!Chugga: The sad thing is, that's probably true.
- "Also, more bars in more places!"
- Everything about Carver is systematically designed to be hilarious. Including the fact that he's being played by Masae Anela.
- He's about twice as tall as any other character in the game, including Waluigi.
- His Idle Animation consists of him constantly flexing...
- ...But when he walks, he prances.
- His high-speed prance when the Guys speed up the game is good, too.
- Everyone cemented it with their Arnold Schwarzenegger impressions.
- Jon started taking it Up to Eleven in episode 2 by combining his Waluigi and Arnold voices.
- Part 3 has even more of Jon's Waluigi voice slipping into other accents and voices.
Jon: (sounding like Morgan Freeman) Waluigi number one.
- Jon ranting as Carver only for him to start sounding like Jorgen Von Strangle.
- "SCRAMBLE THE FAIRIES!!!"
- Part 4 has Chugga's microphone being taken over by an elephant and Waluigi's voice now becoming that of Pee Wee Herman.
- As different players grow to dominate different parts of the board (which can split up into "islands") this leads them to dub the different regions "Yoshi's Island", "Waluigi Island", and "Muscle Island" (split between Carver and Donkey Kong).
- Masae making the same mistake Jake made and accidentally buying out a property.
- At least it wasn't the reason she lost the board. Though that's its own funny moment.
- Jon spontaneously pulling off an incredibly deep voice, and then being unsure if he could replicate it or not.
Jon: (in the deep voice) Why didn't you play the minigame?BeatJon: (in the deep voice) Why didn't you play the minigame?BeatJon: (in the deep voice) You're not answering the question.Jon: (in his normal voice) I don't even think I can do it again now if I want to do it on purpose, that's the worst part. It was just one of those 'how'd I do it? I dunno'.Jon: (in the deep voice) I'm going to try doing it again. Okay never mind I can keep doing it.Masae: You just test it out?Jon: (in the deep voice) That was just a test.
- He then forgets how to do it in the next video.
- Jon says Masae had better not roll a 4, Masae proceeds to roll a 4, Chugga screams in reaction, Masae screams along with him — and then an annoyed Jon points out that he meant she shouldn't roll a 4 from his perspective because that's the only roll that wouldn't have her land on one of Jon's properties.
- The ending of the board.
Robbin Hood Ruins
- Slightly meta, but the fact that Part 2 was uploaded before Part 1 by one minute was somewhat funny.
- Their rendition of the opening song from Disney's Robin Hood.
- In part 2, Jon buys an expensive property early game. They check out what was the property, which was a fossil shop.
Jon: You want to buy some dinosaurs?!Tim: You want to buy the Helix Fossil?!
- From Part 1, where Lucahjin introduces herself:
- Lucah is playing as Daisy, the Chugga x Daisy shipping jokes run full throttle and, many times, no one even has to say anything as Chugga says it all.
- Every second between 3:25 and 4:30 in part five. Chugga talks about figuring out why it's called "shipping".
- Also in part 5, Chugga getting confused about Lucah giggling over innuendos because he can't figure out why they would be innuendos.
- Continues in Part 6, to the point where he doesn't seem to understand the sexual context of "going down".
- Lucahjin buys a lot of property in a poor district, which leads to a Running Gag of referring to the district as "the hood".
- Once Lucah buys every property in that district, Emile cries out in sheer despair, "She monopolized the hood!"
- Tim's epic fart in Episode 7, which not only completely derails the commentary, but leads to some innuendos so bad even Emile gets them.
- Jon and Emile getting desperate and literally taking their shops to max value. Chugga loses by not having enough to win.
- As they finish the board, Jon wins yet again, Emile warns him of how much longer Starship Mario is than the board they just played. The video reaches the outro and the ending theme, when you hear Emile shout how long they spent on the board:
- As noted in the comments, the first episode ends up unintentionally being 'the educational episode' due to Tim mentioning the atomic number of technetium in his intro and John talking about the etymology of the word 'monopoly'.
- Tim and Jon have an exchange of bad puns which passes completely unnoticed by Chugga...
Jon: Getting bought to find a district to actually buy...Tim: Say good-bye to some more stock.Jon: Yup. Un-fortune-ately.Tim: Hee hee hee hee!
- Tim and Jon have an exchange of bad puns which passes completely unnoticed by Chugga...
- Masae lands on a dice square to avoid paying Chuggaa some money. On her second roll, she lands on one of Jon's that required a bigger payout. Cue Skyward Scream.
- On two separate occasions, Masae gets the exact dice roll she needs by wishing really hard before she rolls.
- Jon is apparently psychic:
*Jon gets a venture card*Chugga: More ventures...Jon: More adventures in picking terrible cards!*It's revealed that it is indeed a terrible card, Jon immediately cracks up* noteMasae: Are you psychic?Tim: Whoa.Chugga: Dude!Jon: Sometimes I wonder.Chugga: Maybe the glasses make him that way.
- Tim's lip squeak in Part 6.
- Jon receives a venture card that allows him to buy any unowned shop on the board, except that there isn't any.
Jon: Hooray! All none of them!
- Right off the bat, the introductions.
- In the first half, Stephen, Tim, and Jon all start listing off names of books from the Old Testament and it feels like a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment for quite a while, then becomes a Brick Joke at the very end of the game with more book names and Bible quotes.
- The conversation in Part 2 about Ball Flicking.
- Chugga tells a story of how a pen that he brought to school was confiscated as it was advertising Viagra, a drug that he didn't know about at the time. His mother was angry because it was one of her favorites!
- They start the board off with making a reference to The Misadventures Of Skooks, with Tom Fawkes doing a Scooby voice and both Chugga & Jon doing their Shaggy impressions.
Chugga: Zoinks, we're here to solve the mystery of the Haunted Ghost Ship!
Tom: Roh no!
Chugga: It's okay, Skooks.
Jon: I'm glad he's in there and we're out here and...
Chugga: And he's the sheriff.
- Jon checks out what Tom Fawkes's most expensive property is: a photography studio. Since he's playing as Slime, Tom says you wipe him on the camera to make the photos look better.
- The Guys are surprised when Tom actually blocks them from getting a full row on the venture card board. They point out that this is probably the way the game is supposed to be played, but they usually politely all stick to their own row so that everyone has a chance of filling one out.
- A bad pun leads to an in-depth discussion on clown fighting.
Jon: (about Tom) Wow, he's just going for the jugular on this one!Chugga:...if you're ever attacked by a group of clowns, go for the juggler.Tom: *laughs* I love it! Dude, he's gonna be the one pelting you with projectiles, the other ones only have melee weapons.Chugga: I guess a chainsaw is technically a melee weapon.Tom: He's got good coordination if he's able to keep all those balls in the air.Jon: That doesn't mean he can aim well, he's just used to throwing things up, so as long as you're not above him he'll never hit you.Tom: Yeah but, what if he's one of those jugglers who juggles with another person as well? Then he'd be able to throw 'em at you.
- Tim keeps landing on Tom's comic book shop, and Tom jokes that he keeps coming back to get the latest issue of Spider-Man.
- Chugga cracks a bad pun during a very tense part near the end of the game.
Tom: Fortunately, I have enough ready cash where I won't have to sell stocks...Chugga: Fortune-ately?Jon: Yes, don't do that right now, please.(Chugga rolls and lands on one of Jon's expensive shops, costing him over 2000G.)Jon: Just pay me money instead.Chugga: OH MY GOD! JON!!Jon: Pay me money instead! THIS IS THE PUN TAX! PAY THE PUN TAX!(Tim cracks up)
- As established at the end of Robbin Hood Ruins, Chugga hates this board and complains about the (one) previous time he played it - then all the things he talked up to the others as being terrible turn out to be minor issues at best.
- Tom, Jon and Tim spend most of episodes 1 and 2 making funny voices while inhaling, with Chugga as the Only Sane Man.
Chugga (uncharacteristically deadpan): Meanwhile, on the side of the table where we speak while exhaling...
- The video is immediately dated by the Guys discussing a), Overwatch not being out yet and b), the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure "To Be Continued" meme being a recent resurgence.
- Jon complaining after everyone lands on his expensive spaces after he's forced to close all his shops by landing on the 'day off' space.
- Chugga got two Suit Yourself cards early in the game, which Jon points out is a very powerful pair of items to have, as it would let him choose at any time to bypass the loop where Jon and Tim were building up expensive shops and still level up. Of course, as anyone who's seen Chugga's LPs of RPGs could guess, he NEVER uses them.
- Tim winning the game. First, everyone was anxious when he leveled up and was less than 100 from winning. Then he gets enough capital to win, but still needs to loop around the board. And then, Tom lands on Tim's laundromat which cost 4205, while Tom only had 4091 in assets! Tom went bankrupt and caused Tim to win by default.
Dokapon Kingdom Battle Royale
- The opening lines:
Jon: If you thought Mario Party was the game that ruined friendships, oh man, you guys haven't seen anything yet! This is Dokapon Kingdom.
Chugga: So, what you're saying is this is gonna be the death of TRG.
Jon: Yeah, pretty much.
- When Chugga goes to the gender select area of the character customization screen and sees that the female version of his character has a very stripperific outfit.
Jon: Damn Chugga, you got hot!
- After Jon picks "Cool Face" as a setting for his character, Tim comments "Cool Face, Bro!"
- At the end of the first episode, Chugga has to fight a level one Kobold which runs away.
- Chugga makes a reference about the move "Daze", which Jon guesses is from either Pokémon or Xenoblade. It's the latter.
Jon: I hate to say it, but you're kinda predictable.
- Jon changing his hairstyle to "punk" in episode 3.
- Chugga says "Move faster, Pokey!" earning himself some ire from NCS and Jon.
Jon: Really?NCS: Really?
- Chugga dying to a Red Bones in one attack.
- Part 4 ends with both Jon dying and Chugga being resurrected in front of Dokapon Castle. Chugga asks if he can kick Jon's coffin and Jon is of course, not amused.
- Chugga meets the mayor of Athenaeum, who he calls Uncle Pennybags. He then compliments his "gorgeous eyes", later comparing them to the eyes of the fortuneteller from Skyward Sword, to which Tim agrees.
Jon: You heard it here first. Emile and Tim describing how gorgeous guys' eyes are.
- Tim comes across Kira the Merchant. Chugga and Jon spot an item called "Reveal" up for sale and wonder what it does. Tim then buys a Squall.
Chugga: I guess we'll never know.Jon: Well, he can still buy more stuff.Chugga: Oh, okay.(Tim leaves the shop)Chugga: I guess we'll never know.Jon: Thanks, Tim.
- Jon unleashes the Robo-Sassin on Chugga, complete with Dalek impression when the Robo-Sassin says "EXTERMINATE!"
- Jon decides to take the risky challenge of taking on a level 14 enemy... then Tim accidentally trespasses into a higher-levelled part of the map and ends up facing a level 37 enemy. When he gives up, he drops his Squall, leading to this exchange:
Chugga: How do you drop a tornado?
Jon: Uh, very carefully.
- At the very end of part 6, after a discussion between Jon and Chugga on the pronunciation of a particular town name, Tim manages to get in a quiet quip.
Chugga: You know what? As owner of this town, I hereby decree our official pronunciation is "PUH-fennig"!
- At the end of the game, Tim, who came in last overall, is given the "Equal to Poop" award.
Tim: Y'know, in the bathroom!
Wheel of Fortune
- All of Chugga's horrible guesses can be found here.
- For April Fool's, they decided to take a snippet of the Hawaii recordings, and slow it down to a snail's pace. It's as ridiculous as it sounds, and you can witness it here.
Proton Jon [in the comments]: ...I can't believe you did it. You talked about turning this into a series for months and I never believed you would do it. Even as an April Fool's joke I never believed you would do it.
...I don't know if I should applaud you or delete your editing software.
- The comments generally use Emile's terrible guesses in a sentence as if they where an actual thing.
-Oh boy. Simon Wager is my favorite actor. I loved his Patrick Zany character. I think that famous Calibrary Cuff Paula Deen did a cameo in that movie, where Zany is trying to find the elusive Metropolitan Mutant of Ark.
- Chugga regales the guys of a time he saw Wheel of Fortune when he was younger:
- Chugga, stumped on one puzzle, guesses random letters and ends up with the magnificent disaster that is "CALIBRARY CUFF PAULA DEEN". Jon's sarcasm and his embarrassment causes a laughing fit that lasts for over two minutes. The answer was CELEBRITY CHEF PAULA DEEN.
Jon: "Calibrary Cuff Paula Deen." "Calibrary Cuff." I'm sorry, but what?!
Chugga: (crying with laughter) My spleen!
- What makes it honestly fantastic, really, is the sound of Chugga breaking down in shame in the background.
- During the closing credits, they discuss what that would even be.
- Related: "THE FEATS OF CAFE". Chugga A. Conroy, everyone.
- Chugga gets so incoherent with embarrassment over this that he has to resort to putting subtitles in the video at one point.
- Even better, later on Chugga tries to call Jon out on his mocking Chugga's fail by claiming it embarrasses him, only for Jon to point out he's "doing a good job by himself."
- Pat's Final Spin landing on lose a turn. Twice.
- The comment the guys choose to end the first video on:
Tim: I keep expecting [the game] to cut to a commercial or something.
- Jon correctly guessing every letter in the final puzzle, and still being prompted to solve it. He notes that it would even be entirely possible for him to just choose to give up.
Chugga: D'you wanna do it?
Jon: No. Fuck no, I want my prize!
- After Jon decides at what prize to pick, he discusses this:
Jon: Okay, there's a football logo in this game and it's locked by default and it makes me so sad! I want a football on my shirt!
Chugga: I want a football in my mouth! DEET DEET!
Jon: Did you say you want a football in your mouth?
Chugga: Uh, that's not what I meant to say, I wanted a foot- never mind!
- Now animated!
- Of course, the animation omits the "never mind", instead doing something much funnier.
- Now animated!
- Jon completely losing it right at the beginning of Part 1 because of Tim:
Tim: You wanna touch my letters, Vanna, because you're more than welcome to any time you want to.Jon: *while laughing* W... what???Tim: My PP!Jon: *after calming down* Oh man!Emile: Jon sounds like a monkey.Tim: Oh my D, my D, that works too.
- "FEISTA KEYS TO THE GARAGE", in a Before & After puzzle. Chugga, admittedly, had a train of thought for this one, but that just makes it even better. The answer was ALICIA KEYS TO THE GARAGE.
- Also, "GOING ON A PLEASE LABE".
- Jon does the same Literal-Minded gag he's done on his own livestreams of Wheel of Fortune, misinterpreting a prize picture of a deckchair on an idyllic tropical beach as "You win a chair!" rather than a trip.
- The intro has Jon bringing up "Feista Keys to the Garage" again, causing Chugga to explain that he's not trying to be funny and is really trying his best. Immediately afterwards? "OCEAN GROSSING".
Chugga: What's "ocean crossing"?Jon: As in, you cross the ocean.Chugga: (still confused) What?
- And then his confusion over the actual answer:
- Anime Cat Girl Chugga.
Chugga: *weirdly suppressed, sounding like a cat* Oooooh!Jon: WHAT WAS THAT??? WHAT WAS THAT NOISE?
- After yet more Trauma Conga Line for Chugga, we get this:
Jon: Now if anyone had bought an E, we would have figured it out immediately.Chugga: E-mediately?Jon: Really?Chugga: ...Please let me have my puns, I got nothing left in this game!Jon (laughs): Wow! Dude! That's so depressing sounding!
- The humiliation doesn't end there; the next video features a Toss-Up puzzle with Occupation as the category. Chugga accidentally decides to solve the puzzle with just a G on the board, and blindly piecing letters together, ends up with "ICICLES GOGGGLES". What makes the moment even better, though, is Tim making the same mistake, effectively giving Jon the win. The answer was GRAPHIC DESIGNER.
- At one point, Chugga and Jon's characters throw up their arms in defeat at the exact same time.
The Great Outdoors
- As usual, Chugga gets most of a phrase correct, then screws up on one word. This time, it's "QUIET BEAUTY OF SALUTE".
- Tim getting two Bankrupts in a row, followed by losing a turn.
- Guess who thought the word "Southern" was "Softkern" for a thing?
Jon: What are you?
- And even once he knows the first word, his next guess is "SOUTHERN CRAPI".
- The Running Gag of picking B never working for Chugga becomes a Brick Joke when he guesses something other than B and gets it wrong...
Jon: [To Tim] Are you going to do it and break his heart?Chugga: NO! IT'S NOT THAT, IS IT?!(Tim picks B, and it turns out there are two of them)Chugga: GOD FRIKKING.... PIZZA!
- The same puzzle ends up reduced to just THE BA_ BRIDGE, and Chugga still doesn't know what it is. He has to literally Try Everything until he finally realises, actually pronouncing the word with every letter from C to Y while Jon groans in frustration. Made even funnier by the fact that Jon knew the answer and would've got it... had he not immediately spun Bankrupt on his turn.
- Chugga reveals that he originally thought the Bonus Round puzzle was "HEALTHY SLUT". It was HEALTHY GLOW. Tim and Jon are left nearly speechless.
Jon: Wow. Wow Emile.
- At the end of the video Chugga discovers that he actually took second place ahead of Jon. The surprise scream Jon makes must be heard to be believed.
- The Call-Back to Chugga's anime cat girl moment.
Jon: Nyaaa~Chugga: SHUT UP!
New York City
- Similar to the "Healthy Slut" moment, Chugga admits that he thought the solution to one puzzle was "Political Antichrist." It was political activist.
- At the end of the match, Chugga realizes that he'd never have a chance at making it onto the actual show. Cue him going into his room to cry.
Chugga: *loud distant yell of despair*
Jon: Thanks for tuning in, everyone, Wheel of Fortune! We'll see you next time!
- During the first Toss-Up, apparently none of the Guys know what a wood thrush is, and both Emile and Tim come very close to guessing it by accident.
- During the first regular puzzle, Tim's first guess at the puzzle is "CHOKING THIS SCHLONG" (though it's worth noting that he did this as a joke at the very beginning of the round, and it wasn't a serious guess). The hint? "What Are You Doing?". Needless to say, Emile and Jon's reactions are exactly as you think. The actual answer was DRAWING WITH CRAYONS. Tim guessed very early.
- Once again, the Guys get a ridiculous number of Bankrupts. On one occasion Chugga gets Lose A Turn, Tim gets Bankrupt, Jon gets Bankrupt, and so the turn goes straight back to Chugga again.
- Near the end of Part 1, Jon starts narrating everything through song. Made even funnier when Tim runs with it and starts doing backup vocals.
- Most likely the defining moment of funny in this entire side-project is at the beginning of Part 2, which is yet another "Chugga guesses random words" moment; what thrusts it up above all the previous moments is Jon and Tim's (mostly Jon's) reactions to it. It... It just has to be seen to be believed.
Jon: EMILE! The Metropolitan Mutant of Ark??
- Later on, after Emile becomes completely humiliated...
Emile: Maybe I'll find some crazy way to edit that to make it look like I did good...
Jon: No. Don't you dare. You leave that pristine. That needs to be left alone, and framed in a goddamn museum OF ART. IT NEEDS TO BE FRAMED IN A MUSEUM OF ART, LIKE A METROPOLITAN ONE!
- Even better, is that Tim then gets a chance to solve it, only to miss the very first letter as well as misspelling the last word, letting Jon, who was in last, take it. His reaction is just stunned disbelief Up to Eleven.
- Later on, after Emile becomes completely humiliated...
- Chugga's fiasco gets referenced throughout the rest of the episode.
- At the very end as if Chugga hasn't gone through enough of a Humiliation Conga in the series, he gets the chance to solve the final puzzle. The correct answer is ALPINE GLACIERS, but he can only guess the first half correctly, making his guess "ALPINE GLIMMERS". However, he realizes it's not correct and attempts to change it. He tries guessing it as "Alpine Gleamers" instead, much to his eventual anguish.
- After noticing a cave in the background, Jon and Chugga both wonder if it's full of Hawaiian Bats, which prompts Chugga to spontaneously start singing the "Bats" song. This results in Jon having an "is this really happening?" reaction.
New Orleans Round 2
- Right off the bat, Chugga gives yet another bizarre guess: "Soapping Alligators." And he was only off by one letter.
- On the first puzzle, the three are trying have solved enough letters so that the four-letter last word has mostly been uncovered, showing that it ends in "-UCK". Emile doesn't waste time pointing out the obvious.
Chugga: *tries to suppress a laugh* I am a horrible person.Jon: It's not- "F" is already used, Emile!Chugga: I know!
- The latest Chuggaaconroy masterpiece, CHICHIN ATOCH DARIFOLIT from the third minigame break.
- How about MR. FILTH in the third toss-up?
- The fact that despite his usual bizarre guesses Chugga still manages to win due to solving a tough puzzle and getting several thousand dollars from it. He still doesn't solve the final puzzle though, and loses his chance to win a spinning motorcycle.
Happy Holidays Round 2
- Chugga's guess for the second toss-up is "MOSSY TURKEY TURNER. The correct answer was ROAST TURKEY DINNER.
- They burned through half the consonants before guessing a single letter of "DIG DEEP"
- Emile making a sound which sounds like a goat screaming
Jon: The fuck?Tim: *bursts out laughing*
- Jon winds up winning the board and is the one to win the spinning motorcycle.
Happy Halloween Round 2
- After Emile managed to snipe the victory from Tim's grasp and get a chance at the final puzzle, he ended up with TO_ POODLE. His plan of action? GUESS LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE COMBINATION OF TO_ POODLE FROM A TO Z, ON PURPOSE, UNTIL FINALLY SOLVING IT CORRECTLY. Even skipping Y to be an extra pain!
Chugga: TOA POODLE! TOB POODLE!Jon: Don't, don't, don't you do this, Emile...Chugga: TOC POODLE! TOF POODLE!Tim: *bursts out laughing*Jon: You do not get the right to do this right now!Chugga: TOG POODLE! TOI POODLE!Jon: Emile, you do not get the right to do this! Oh my God...Chugga: TOJ POODLE! TOK POODLE! TOM POODLE!Tim: ...Tom Poodle?Chugga: TOQ POODLE!Jon: Oh my God...Chugga: TOU POODLE! TOV POODLE! TOW POODLE!Jon: I'm hoping he just accidentally doesn't click it or runs out of time...
New York City Round 2
- This round's bad guess, brought to you by Chugga, is CLOWNEY SIDERILKS. In the first toss-up round. (CROWDED SIDEWALKS)
- And on the Final Spin, he also brings in THE ID BANAB B_ _E.note (THE DA VINCI CODE)
- Jon ends up figuring out one puzzle is "Exciting Theme Parks" which even Tim has trouble with. When he finally finishes the puzzle, both Emile and Tim let huge screams at the top of their lungs.
- When one of the answers turns out to be CONFETTI CANNON, Chugga makes a veiled reference to Pinkie Pie's party cannons.
- Emile wins the round, but he flubs the final puzzle and misses the spinning motorcycle. Again.
Washington DC City Round 2
- Chugga's guess for the Final Spin is THE SHINE NUT MAN COPINA_E.note (THE WHOLE KIT AND CABOODLE)
Hollywood Round 2
- Another guess from Emile is for the category "Events": THE EASY FOOL. And then an equally silly guess came immediately after by Tim: THE FISH BOWL. The actual solution? The Rose Bowl.
- Jon does the final spin, and figures out the answer (ALUMNI ASSOCIATION) with only 7 seconds left on the clock... Which, unfortunately, wasn't enough time to type it in. The kicker? The prize he would have gotten was the one million dollars!
Las Vegas Round 2
- Yet another guess from Emile: PANTSTORM. The actual solution? SANDSTORM. This leads to exactly the kind of jokes you would expect.
- In part 2, he gets to answer for a "Star & Role" question, and enters SIMON WAGER as PATRICK ZANY.
-Oh boy. Simon Wager is my favorite actor. I loved his Patrick Zany character. I think that famous Calibrary Cuff Paula Deen did a cameo in that movie, where Zany is trying to find the elusive Metropolitan Mutant of Ark.-I heard Patrick Zany was coming all the way across the Ocean grossing to get some Mossy Turkey Turners at the Fish Bowl.-Remember when Wager appeared on the Mr. Filth Show? I hear that he had to drive through a pantstorm to get there. He took off his icicles gogggles for the first time on the show - I never would have guessed he was a natural fluffite!-Wasn't there an episode of the Mr. Filth Show where Simon Wager and Michael Chamlas went on a please labe together? I think they ran into some soaping alligators there...
- The comments have a lot of fun with this (spoilers for previous answers):
Happy Holidays Round 3
- They're only doing this because they still can't record Wheel of Fortune 2nd Edition on PS1. They tried everything, even playing it on both PS2 and PS3. The kicker: Emile's still angry because he was winning.
- With that in mind, here's your Chugga guesses.
- LOINSALNIA OLONTO.
- BURPSIE CALL ME LET'S DO LEECH.
- NOSEY NEIGHBOR. He was close, the answer was NOISY NEIGHBOR.
- SHUTLIPPERZ ULERATOR. And later on, SIFTOHYYYRY YYERYTYR (because he was running out of time).
Happy Halloween Round 3
- Chugga does unnaturally well this round (getting both toss up puzzles right with only a few letters each, then getting both the Jackpot and Million Dollar wedges and solving the first puzzle), so much that Jon starts suspecting him of cheating when he keeps actually getting things right. It takes losing the Million Dollar wedge and Tim winning before he conceded otherwise.
- The comments have a predictable meltdown at Chugga doing so well.
Wheel of Fortune: 2nd Edition
- Emile actually sweeps the first two rounds, much to everyone's surprise.
- The game malfunctioning after Emile won. It's as if the game couldn't handle this fact.
- And then the end of the video reveals they haven't been able to get the game to work since.
- The comments had a meltdown at how well Emile did.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl:
- The opening of the tournament preliminaries:
It's the Now Loading game!
- When Tim is the MC for the match between ALG and Diabetus, he has to come up with his own intro. This does not go well.
Tim: If you take the other four letters...you can spell "I HOT"...(ALG and Diabetus start cracking up)Tim: And I have no idea what I'm talking about.
- And later, when ALG fights as Marth and Diabetus as Mario, Tim points out how both names start with "Mar", and:
- Chugga versus SuperJeenius. Chugga epically manages to dodge a Dragoon on his last life... only to be pathetically killed by a rolling crate shortly after.
Chugga: OOOOOOOOH! Death by spawn!
- Diabetus tried throwing fireballs over and over... even though he knew it wasn't working.
Diabetus: REACH! REACH!
- The fight between Chugga and Josh consists of several of these: Chugga getting two PK Starstorms and completely missing the second one; Josh knocking out all of the Shy Guy racers; and the last kill being with a flaming soccer ball, garnering the victory for Chugga.
- The fight between SuperJenius and SyKhotic has several. The most noticeable is Jenius' constant bickering with ProtonJon which escalated until the end of the video where Jon was yelling at both Jenius and Chugga, who was filming.
- During his second match, Diabetus keeps making funny quips about the stage he's fighting on and himself, in a manner similar to Retsupurae.
- Chugga refers to Diabetus as Jesus, because he and Slowbeef (who he considers God) created the video LP genre; Diabetus isn't sure how to respond to that, while Jon calls him a nerd.
- He responds by eliminating Chugga.
- Chugga and Jon bantering while Jon is fighting his semi-final match.
- Tim apparently started dancing during the final match of the tournament.
- Throughout the tournament (which was recorded late at night over several hours), Diabetus progressively kept becoming more and more tired, eventually leading to him declaring that he has been asleep the whole tournament.
- Right before the battle between Chugga and Josh:
Tim: Welcome back, ladies and gents, to the Runaway Guys Super Smash Bros. Invitational Tournament! Here in the losing bracket, we have...Chugga: Chuggaaconroy... invitational tournament?Tim: I... don't know what the...Chugga: Imitational. It's like the name is different every time Tim is the MC. Anyway...Josh: I like... I like that you introduced-Chugga: We have not introduced you yet! Do not speak until spoken to by the MC!Jon: Know what? I'm gonna talk too! I'm just gonna mess up everything!
- During the character selection screen before the match between SyKhotic and SuperJeenius with Jon as the MC:
Jon: (after introducing the two fighters) AND SURPRISE THIRD CHARACTER JIGGLYPUUUUUUFF! (selects Jigglypuff with a third controller as Player 3)Jeenius: And surprise I'm gonna kick you in the mooooouth.Jon: Aw, no... (has trouble closing the Player 3 slot) Why can't - (closes it) - there we go.
- "Were you, like, tortured by a pun as a kid? Did humor itself try to kill you?!"
Super Smash Bros. 64:
- The entirety of the match between Donnabellez and Lucahjin, both of whom had a few drinks in them before the match started. Bonus points for Jon acting as the Only Sane Man (literally) throughout the entire thing. For added subtlety, Donna references Super Mario Galaxy Versus when she gets an invincibility Starman and says "SHIIIINE!"
- The match between JoshJepson and AttackingTucans with Chugga as commentator. Josh starts off as an Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy due to his winning of Mario Sunshine Versus and Luigi's Mansion Versus against Tyler and the fact that Tyler had never played the game before. Tyler proceeds to shut him out, never losing a life and ending with 0% damage, admittedly with help from 2 Heart Containers. The reactions of Josh, Tyler, and Chugga make it hilarious.
- There was one particular moment where Josh had high damage and was on a tiny platform right next to a Heart Container. Josh frantically runs around the platform trying to pick the container up, instead causing Luigi to dash past and completely miss the container over and over, despite, once again, being on such a tiny platform. Tyler then runs over from the other side of the stage and grabs it right out from under him.
- The battle between Josh and SuperJeenius is priceless, filled to the brim with hilarious moments.
Jon: All this tournament is is in-jokes! That's all we have!Josh: Except for that one match with me and Luigi vs AttackingTucans, which was just screaming.Jon: Yeah, all I hear-all I could hear from the hallway was the equivalent of orgasm noises.Jeenius: That's-welcome to their videos.Josh: Oh, goddammit. There was no orgasming. Let's just make that clear.Jon: Oh, so you were faking it. Got it.
- Josh takes a fairly early 2-0 lead, and still loses.
- Jon vs AttackingTucans gives us "the helicopter pad of love", Jon bringing up the time Tucans said Jon's slow update schedule was caused by him having AIDS, and Tucans casually shrugging it off with "It's because I'm AttackingTucans," and Tucans screaming as though Jon brutally murdered him with a knife and did the same to Chugga, only then to add "...I'm alive again."
- When Pikachu (Tyson from WRTP) shoots Ness (Chugga) with a weapon causing an X-Ray Sparks effect, Tim (the announcer) remarks "A gun that makes people see your skeleton!"
- For Round 2, Part 2 of the Loser's Bracket, relatively straight-laced ProtonJon gets to facilitate a match between Versus buddies AttackingTucans and Donnabellez, in all of their off-color, hyperactive, trash-talking glory. Hijinks ensue.
Tyler: What is this?! I can't lose to a dumb bitch!Donna: *laughs*Jon: KHOHH!!!Donna: No, he calls me this all the time, it's totally normal. Totally normal!Jon: ...what?! How is that normal?!
- Tyler references Donna's "goal" of finally turning Jon into a cute young lady. Cue more flustered Jon.
- In the same episode, Jon's incredibly shocked reaction to AttackingTucans calling Donna a dumb bitch and Donna quickly clarifying that it's completely normal between them. Even then, Jon is still stunned.
- The battle between Stephen Plays and Chris from Wii Rike To Pray has some fun moments.
Stephen: (upon seeing his opponent get a Starman) Piss, no! Piss! Fart and piss! Mother piss! Oh God, piss! Catholic piss! Jewish piss! Lots of piss! Piss!Chris: That's a lot of piss.Chugga: Also, piss.Stephen: Have I mentioned piss?
- NintendoCapriSun accidentally reveals P Cull 44444's real name, which Jon then uses in a Punctuated! For! Emphasis! Full-Name Ultimatum when he beats him.
- AttackingTucans' Breathless Non Sequitur during his fight with Stephen when he mentions how pretty the stars in the tree look.
- In the match between Stephen and Rodri, they comment about how at this point they care more about the items than actually fighting each other. An egg then spawns and they both make a mad dash for it. It suddenly explodes, killing both of them.
Stephen and Rodri: OH MY GOD!Chugga: That's what you get for item begging.
- Both of them get ridiculous amounts of Pokeballs, causing them to joke about being in a Pokemon battle. This leads to Chugga firing off Pokemon statistics like in his solo LPs.
- The stinger after the finals match: After the last hit by Tyler (from WRTP) on ProtonJon, who is playing as Mario with Wario's color scheme, Chugga edits in a "D'oh, I Missed!"
Jon: ...and he ended up putting it in the video anyways...
- Made even funnier by the fact that Jon was expecting the joke, but it apparently didn't come to mind for Chugga. Cue Chugga pestering Jon, wondering what joke Jon was expecting, with Jon's utter refusal to say it. And then finally, Jon's own comment on the video:
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Pretty much all the team names, especially when Lucahjin and Dodger from Press Heart To Continue team up to form "Press Balls to Continue".
- In the qualifying rounds video, Chugga trying to inform the viewers about interesting aspects of the game like course design or what the special items do, in the style of his solo LPs, only to be completely drowned out by both the players' comments and the clacking of control sticks.
- During the qualifying round, Team Stephen Plays has Mal as Stephen's backseat driver, never being given a chance to steer, yet admonishing him for missing items and crashing into bomb cars multiple times. Jon suggests marriage counseling.
- Someone calls tails on the coin toss. Chugga announces that it came up Sonic.
- In the finale, when Chugga reveals that they have a surprise for Koopa Kung Fu and Sir Enobmort, the other LPers can be heard going "OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!" from outside the room.
- Retsupurae's entire appearance, which at some point involved slowbeef shouting things to the people in the rooms next door. It should also be noted that Diabetus almost never gets a word in edgewise during the entire video.
Bomberman Live Battlefest
- People from Jon's stream flooding the comments with Bomberman: Act Zero jokes
Jon:Ahahaha, so many people are asking for Bomberman Act Zero and saying "It's Still Anyone's Game" on today's TRG Bomberman tournament. You guys are awesome.
- In the second part of the qualifying round, Lucahjin Crosses the Line Twice by saying that she couldn't see Brutalmoose black avatar in a map filled entirely with watermelons. The best part is that was seemingly unintentional on her part.
- Purple Rodri shouting "Revenge Sucks!" immediately followed by Jon unlocking the Revenge is So Sweet achievement.
- "Pick up the skull for an extra life!"
- In Round 2 the players give a Collective Groan at one of Chugga's puns, upon which Jon says he has to put up with them all the time, and "It Never Gets Any Easier".
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- At the start of the match between Lucahjin and Yoshiller 2, Lucah mentions that she's played the game for all of five minutes, so Yoshiller starts telling her how the game works.
- And when he mentions taunting, they spontaneously decide to take a break from the fighting for a dance-off.
- At one point during Chugga and Masae's match, Lucah begins to chant "Go Masae." A few seconds later Jon, the resident Canadian, joins in chanting "USA"
- The fact that, throughout the tournament, Masae seems to be the crowd favorite, and whenever she gets a kill, the crowd begins cheering. Lampshaded by Chugga several times.
- Every fight between Stephen and Masae resulted in one of the players accidentally suiciding. This is made even better by Stephen picking Pac-Land as the final stage and giving us this gem:
Stephen: Don't trust the clouds! *falls through the clouds* I'm dead.
- During the final match, both Yoshiller and PK Sparkxx go as Yoshi, and at one point spend a good few seconds lobbing eggs at each other, which causes Tim to make a long stream of rotten egg puns.
Thrown Controllers Panel
- The guy in the audience who kept calling out the number of spaces gotten like he's the Count from Sesame Street. "Two! Two spaces, ah hah hah!"
Jon: He's my favourite.
- Whenever the characters moved hilariously slow on screen.
Jon: 'Cause Sonic runs that fast all the time.Chugga: It's Sonic Next Gen.Entire audience: OHHHH!
- "You should not have picked that one..." BRUTAL QUESTION
- And the challenge? They have to spell a phrase spoken in a voice clip. Said voice clip is "Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku!"
- Chugga puns: Convention edition:
Chugga: I guess the loser will have to go back to their... Shaq!
- Near the end of the panel, Slowbeef approaches Jon. According to slowbeef's comments in a Retsupurae video concerning the event, the interaction went something like this.
Slowbeef: Hey, Jon. I was hoping to capture your crowning moment.Jon: Fuck you!(slowbeef flips Jon off, laughs, and walks back to his seat)Jon: (into the microphone to the audience) Slowbeef everybody.
- And from said Retsupurae video, there was Diabetus' being restrained by everyone around him when he saw that they were having a Battletoads event without him. Jon commented that the Guys personally played Battletoads with him the next day.
- The mounting computer troubles near the end of the panel, leading up to the final game:
Jon: You saw nothing.
Jon: Hey guys, SHOULD I SEND AN ERROR REPORT?!
Emile: The winner is Windows.
- Tim's attempt to invoke Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny! after a That Came Out Wrong moment. By throwing a quarter into the audience.
- In the Pax Prime 2012 panel, Emile and Tim start headbanging to the Ninja Turtle music in an audio question.
Emile: Yes, this is entirely necessary.
- Emile's "dispense" pun when a person named Spencer came up to play and Tim's Contradiction line.
- The very first contestant, Cyrus, at the PAX East 2013 panel gets a Brutal Question as his very first choice.
Jon: (reading the question) He's this year's keynote speaker, and he's known for his work on Jazz Jackrabbit, Unreal Tournament, and Gears of War.Cyrus: Cliff Bleszinski.Jon: That's not the question. (reveals the rest of the question) Spell his last name.Emile: OHHHHH WHERE ARE YOU AT!?
- And then, when Cyrus gets it wrong, Jon reveals the correct spelling and pronounces the Z as "zed". Emile corrects him and tells him to say "zee", proclaiming that "We're in America, dangit!"
- One contestant gets a "guess the game the song is from" question. They play the Tetris theme. His answer? Pokemon. The audience's simultaneously shocked reaction is downright priceless.
Jon: Everyone?Everyone: DR. WILY!!!Jon: Thank you.
- On a similar note, the guy from 2012 who didn't know the name of the villain in the original Mega Man (Classic).
- The first Street Fighter fight was a total Curb-Stomp Battle due to in part of the challengers setting the rules to one-hit KO.
Jon: Well, that was unexpected!
- During the first Runaway Guys challenge (Chuggaaconroy's Mario Party 1 Tug-of-War), the game gets constantly paused just as it gets to the climatic parts.
- During the Mario Kart: Double Dash race, slowbeef is called up to compete. He spends the entire race griefing and driving in the wrong direction.
- At Thrown Controllers 2014, a contestant is called up called Abdallah. The first thing he says after his name is his Youtube URL. He then proceeds to give Emile a business card about his Youtube channel.
Slowbeef: Hello, I'm DarkSydePhil.
- That’s not the end of it. Abdallah actually used his video starting Catch-Phrase when he got to the mike, then gives another business card, to JON, perceiving him as being jealous.
- Also, at one point, Slowbeef gets his number called out. After Jon realizes he's not merely storming the stage...
- After he's heading off-stage, Chugga decides to ask him what his "Beef" is. Slowbeef pauses to cringe at him, then obviously decides it's not worth it and walks off.
- At a PAX East panel, after a contestant gets an answer wrong, Emile decides to make a pun about PAYDAY, resulting in a Collective Groan from everyone in the room.
Jon: There will be a lynching of Chuggaaconroy after the show, by the way.
- The first thing Chugga says on the first ever "Thrown Controllers" at MAG fest 2015, "Are You Really Feeling It?!"
- During the panel, multiple people pick the dreaded brutal question square. The one time someone does get the easy question, they screw up badly.
- Another screw up happened during a "Who The Heck Is That?" question. The question states that this lovable lollipop-addicted witch shoots bullets and whips angels and demons. The person answers something other than the correct answer: Bayonetta.
- The fact that Slowbeef always somehow ends up being involved whenever he shows up to the panel.
- During a panel at Momocon 2016, one audio question prompted the panel to dance along to the music. The contestant would answer it incorrectly, though; the track was from Final Fantasy VIII.
- One Audience Video Game Challenge at Conbravo 2016 involved playing a game of Kart Fighter.
Jon: That's a new one.Jon!Waluigi: Hello, lovely.Chugga: It's his WAH-fu.The crowd laughs at the pun, and applaud him.NCS: Ohhhh no! No!Jon: Good night, everybody!
- Also at Con Bravo 2016, they at one point had a nine-way tie for first place (at 1 pt), and the contestants were falling off the couch and the stage before somebody dethroned them (and Jon/Emile yelling to "Flip the Couch!")
- The contestant who 'dumped the couch' then ends up playing a round of Nidhogg against an audience member. The audience member takes the lead and almost reaches the goal, then the contestant kills him and starts running to her goal... and then accidentally pauses and quits the game.
- At Pax West 2016, one of the contestants plays a game of Bubble Bobble, a game where you match colored bubbles, against an audience member... and it turns out the contestant is legally blind. And the audience member is color-blind. The contestant wins.
Emile: I have a name.
- Also at Pax West 2016, when one of the contestants chooses to face Emile for the TRG challenge, he doesn't know Emile's name or username as Chuggaaconroy, and calls him "The Guy In Green"
Jon: No, no, no, you're "Green Guy" for the rest of the panel now.
- A spectator can be heard yelling "How do you not know him?!" in response to how the contestant referred to Emile.
- The official YouTube upload of the panel labels Chugga's in-game character during the challenge as "Green Guy".
- Later in the panel, another contestant gets a TRG challenge. He then chooses to fight "the one in blue," only to hear that both the other co-hosts (Jon and Tim) are wearing blue, to which the contestant just chooses Jon for real.
- At Pax East 2016, a contestant named Steven introduced himself by saying that he loves puns. Chuggaa reacts to this by running up to him and hugging him.
- Jon then jokes that, as punishment, every panel that Steven can pick is a brutal question.
- Another moment at PAX East 2016 was one similar to the Dr. Wily moment up above—someone didn't know who Papyrus was, prompting Jon to allow the audience to answer for him.
- At PAX Prime 2015, things are going smoothly, when out of nowhere, the game crashes.
- Magfest 2016: A young man dressed (and addressed) as Wario ends up winning the panel after nabbing first place within just a few minutes. When he comes up for his prizes, Emile asks him what his real name is; it's Steve. The entire audience ends up howling with amusement.
Emile: I think I speak for everyone when I say he's a real trooper.
- At Magfest 2017, one Solo Video Game Challenge involves just scoring one point in 90 seconds. What is this game? An awful celebrity-licensed basketball video game called Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball.
- At Pax East 2017, a contestant gets Leap of Faith, where he has to choose an audience member to play a video game challenge for him. He just asks if he can get Jirard to do it, and Jon and Jirard both agree. Then it turns out the contestant actually has to play against Jirard in the challenge. He manages to win anyway.
- From ConBravo 2017:
- On two separate occasions, the contestant has to identify what game something is from, and everyone is caught off guard when it's from a Silent Hill game due to being from a joke ending. It gets to the point that at least one later contestant gives Silent Hill as their answer when just guessing.
- One of Chugga's challenges is to beat both him and Masae at Mecha Marathon, but Masae herself wasn't informed of the challenge beforehand. Making it better is Jon saying that if the AI wins, he's kicking not only the contestant, but also Chugga and Masae off the stage. The AI won, naturally, and Chugga actually follows through!
- One Lightning Round asks for whether given reasons for Mighty No. 9 being delayed are real or fake.
- One question asking the contestant to identify a video game character features Pac-Man's iconic silhouette and the description, "This is what happens when I write questions right before the panel."
- Jon inadvertently pressures a contestant into picking Panel Number 8. It was a Brutal Question.
- From PAX West 2017:
Chugga: Well, there goes our advertiser friendly rating!
- One of the games played is a licensed Sailor Moon game...which has a notice that it must not be played outside of Europe◊. Jon then jokes about being banned from PAX.
- One audio question is music from Yoshi's New Island. Jon expresses his disdain for the game during the question.
- Even better, the contestant guesses that the song is from Chrono Trigger, and Chugga is insulted.
- The advice given to a contestant when tasked to play Virtua Fighter? "Mash some buttons."
- From Otafest 2017, there was a Dialogue question that made practically everyone attending cheer in approval. Which one was it? "Now it's Reyn time!"
- The very first thing we see in the Momocon 2017 video? Masae Anela wearing a ridiculously adorable banana hoodie.
Streams (On Proton Jon's Twitch Channel)
You can find more over on "TheRunawayGuys Streams" section of Proton Jon Livestreams.
May 2014 TRG Stream
- The first game the Guys decide to play is Wheel of Fortune. Chugga wins. Via showing knowledge of a 70's celebrity no one expected him to even be aware of.
Chugga: I'm so sorry I didn't let you down!
- Things go back to normal by the second game, though, when Chugga tries to guess the Tossup:
Jon: THAT'S more like it!
- (For the record, the correct answer was "FANCY DINNER".
- The guys get bombarded with questions from the chat:
- Emile says one thing that unleashes quite possibly the greatest parade of silliness and fan art in the history of mankind, a parade so funny that simply describing it doesn't do it justice. In fact, if you don't want too many spoilers, here's the link to the stream and a back-up link to a recording of it (should the first one not work), as well as the Mario Party 6 segment separately via Jon's channel, but if one truly wants an idea of what the whole thing was about...
Emile: Should we do Daisy on hard?
Emile: I'm inside Daisy's heart-shaped box!
- About midway through the game (39:02, or 25:40 here), Emile accidentally makes it even worse when the gang plays a 1-vs.-3 game, with Daisy as the one player. The 3 players are all put inside of a box Daisy has control over...
Tim: Oh my god.
- Which leads to pure incoherent sputtering on the part of both his fellow guys and the chat, as Emile reveals that he has absolutely no idea what that means.
Jon: *sighs* You know what that is, right?
Emile: No, actually. I just know it's a song.
Jon: Jesus fucking Christ, Emile. *to Tim* Do... do you want to tell him or should we just leave that open to interpretation?
Emile: I don't know what it means!
Jon: What would a heart-shaped-box be, Emile!?
Emile: I dunno, a box of chocolate on Valentines' Day?
Jon: Oh my God, Emile!
Jon: IT MEANS VAGINA!
- The fact that it takes a full minute and Jon telling him point-blank before Emile realizes what it means.
- A few days after the stream, Jon posted that Lucahjin came over to give Chugga a book about the birds and the bees. Jon also included a picture of Emile holding the book◊. That, ladies and gentlemen, is the face of a man who knows he'll never live this down.
- And it's not like Chugga wasn't making dirty innuendo jokes himself; he just wasn't getting anyone else's dirty innuendo.
- This gif.◊ Nothing else will be said.
- The whole debacle becomes more hilarious when you recall that he heard of the term from a song... and realize he was referencing a Nirvana song. Dear God.
- From the same game, the AI getting a ridiculously high amount of stars compared to everyone else.
December 2014 TRG Stream
- After the traditional games of Wheel of Fortune, Jon asks Chugga what he wants to play next. His response: "I'm really feelin' it!" Jon assures him that they're not playing Xenoblade, and Chugga reminds him that there's another game with Shulk in it. The stream goes into intermission, and when it returns, Chugga is playing Xenoblade.
- In a Funny Background Event, the computer picks a random fourth CPU Mii when they play Smash Tour (the board game mode of Smash 4), and chooses Stephen - specifically, the goofy version of him made using the Wii U face capture at Chugga's house as shown in one of Stephen's vlogs.
- In Fibbage, one question asked the name of a French pastry, "Nun's _____". One of the answers given is "Fart", which they assumed was Tim's lie. It's the correct answer.
Chugga: What? I thought that was Tim.NCS: SERIOUSLY?!Jon: Amazing.NCS: WHAT?!Jon: Amazing.(Chugga laughs)NCS: No... that did not just happen.
- Their reaction was priceless.
- In their second game of Fibbage, one of the contestants had a screen name of Feeling It. Cue the jokes.
- One of the players who joins them for Fibbage has the screen name "Jon's Mother". For the final question, one of the bluffs is "I love you honey don't forget to call". And Jon accidentally picks it.
- One of Jon's viewers tells him he'd sub if Chugga wears a bowl on his head for the rest of the stream, He does, and Chugga puts a coffee mug on his head... and spill green tea leaves all over himself. Chugga's resulting embarrassment had Jon argue the subscriber got more entertainment than he paid for.
March 2015 TRG Stream with Masae Anela
- "Waluigi wants a french kiss from Bowser!"
- One viewer managed to do a Tempting Fate during a stage selection screen. Gold reaction from the group, especially from Masae Anela because she despised Pyrosphere.
- Emile jokes that he can probably shout loud enough for Lucah to hear them all the way in Seattle.
- Jon wants to hear Waluigi's banjo music, so he says they need a "moment of silence". Emile thinks that something bad has happened and attempts to go back to the home menu, it doesn't work and Masae explains to him what Jon actually meant.
- During Quiplash, Chugga thought the room codenote was "LGBT", so he read it aloud, accidentally spilling it to the audience and subsequently getting a scolding from Jon. What drives the hilarity home is the following incredibly well-timed prompt that left Masae and Jon in stitches: "The worst mistake you could make while streaming on Twitch.tv!"
- And their responses: "Sit next to Emile" or "Saying the Quiplash code out loud".
- Another Quiplash example, and again, Chugga is the cause. One of the questions was, "Name a generic brand of hot dogs that you probably wouldn't buy." One of the answers was "Jon's Floppy Wieners". Jon remarked that he expected "Jon's Mother" (a player, not Jon's actual mom) to write that, and Chugga added, "She would know better than anyone." He instantly realized the implications of what he said, everyone in the room reacted (especially Jon), and the chat exploded humorously.
May 2017 TRG Stream with Masae Anela
- During another game of Quiplash, the guys are instructed to come up with a clever insult using the word "Twerk". Tim comes up with the winning answer, "You queef twerky beef jerky", which is enough to get him second place overall. Emile then once again proves to the world how innocent he is, much to the dismay of Masae, the frustration of Jon and the delight of Tim, who was seemingly expecting a "moment" to occur from him.
Chugga: So, what's a queef?
November 2017 TRG Stream with Masae Anela
- On Wheel of Fortune, Emile's answer to the first toss up is GARLIC OREOS. The correct answer was GARLIC PRESS.
- Emile shares that he likes rubbing green bell peppers on his forehead.
Masae: Guys, this is why you always rinse your vegetables.
- During Jeopardy, Masae starts dominating the "80's Movie Quote" category, but acts suspiciously confident as she seamlessly wipes the column clean. Moments later, she and Jon start laughing their asses off once the category is completed. Why? Because it turns out that Jon took Masae's controller and had been answering for her the entire time, and Tim and Emile didn't even notice!
- There is so much Ho Yay in this series it got its own page.
- Same thing for Epic Fail.
- The guys rocking out to "What Is Love?", as revealed in one of Tim's vlogs.
- From Chugga's Facebook:
Had a crazy dream last night that I was getting married, asked Jon to be my best man, and he came to the wedding cosplaying as Waluigi. I wouldn't put it past him.
- At a PAX panel with the three Guys and Dodger, Chugga finds a giant American flag on a pole and decides to drape it around Jon to try and 'convert' him, much to Jon's annoyance.
- At the same panel, all three Guys claim that they all make completely different kinds of videos — Jon 'plays video games', Tim 'does Let's Plays', and Chugga 'does commentaries'.
- In the video that the guys promote their new T-shirts, Chugga is walking up a down escalator.
- At Momo Con 2014, during their "Let's Play and You Can Too!" panel, Ryan from Brain Scratch Comms quoted the F.U.N. Song which suddenly led to Chugga and EVERYONE in the audience singing the first half of the song in unison.
Jon: This is now the Spongebob Squarepants quoting panel…
- These tweets from Jon and Lucah
- Made better by the fact that one of Jon's twitch sub emotes is that photo
- Each one of the guys made an intro video when the joint project was announced (Chugga, Tim, Jon). Either intentionally or not, each video manages to embody and sum up their role in the team:
Jon: Chugga did kind of a funny video, and NCS did...math...for some reason...
- Chugga's goes into the backstory of how they organised the group and how they chose the name (it's the origin of the "Press L to P!" joke), just like he talks about the production background of the games he LPs;
- Tim's is an In a World... movie trailer-style opening ("One hotel...three guys...") that makes use of pop culture references and funny clips;
- Jon's came out after the other two and snarks about them:
- "FALCON VIBRATE!"
- Jon managing to defeat both Chugga and Tim at the same time. Their reactions are priceless.
- All three of them singing whenever someone gets the hammer.
- Tim saying "Let's get ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" with the "rumble" part lasting over 10 seconds. Chugga's and Jon's reactions make it even funnier.
*dumbfounded* What else can you do, Tim?!
- Jon's worst one-liner ever:
- Chugga giving Jon his own shoe as a prize for winning the 3 way match.
- Jon having to use a controller he's unfamiliar with during the 3 way match and when Chugga mentions he has another Gamecube controller upstairs. Jon's upset that the only reason he's at a disadvantage is because Chugga's too lazy to walk upstairs and get the controller. Chugga tries using the fact that he's an American as an excuse for his laziness.
- In the Facebook post announcing this video's update, Chugga says he got NCS and Jon presents from the convention. He got NCS a Yoshi doll and Jon a poison mushroom.
- Chugga beating up Jon in Boxing to fulfill his dream of punching Jon in the face.
- The terrible joke Chugga says during golf when his ball is 6.9 feet away from the hole.
Chugga: I didn't get to make my... really... terrible joke.Jon: 6.9? What's the point in between?Chugga: ...Great sex interrupted by a period.[beat]Jon: WHAT THE FUCK!? What the fuck.
- In the outro, when the others are discussing how to put "sport" in NintendoCapriSun's name, Chugga gets very close to the microphone and cites himself as the Only Sane Man.
- During bowling, Jon manages to come in first after having a very bad start. Chugga points out he's on a winning streak. Jon, however, tries to justify it.
Jon: You know what? Can we keep doing more LP's while we're on this trip?Chugga: You know what? This whole trip, you haven't lost one thing.Jon: That's cause they lost my luggage! There's the one thing I lost! (In a falsetto voice) Hahaha!
- The fact that everyone keeps using the same car Jon did, even though he only did it as a 'FOOTBALL!' joke and there are much better ones, much to his bewilderment.
- Jon's controller's batteries running out in the middle of his crash, and him calling out Chugga for previously boasting that he had put new batteries in everything. Chugga gets him a new set and those are dead as well. Fortunately, they do eventually find some working ones.
- Lucahjin managing to miss all the other cars altogether and just drive straight through.
- Chugga is confused at Jon's use of the word 'pocketbook' at the end and Jon sarcastically apologizes for 'having looked at a thesaurus once in my life'.
- Jon decides to play as Captain Falcon instead of his Mii that he used in Wii Sports and Wii Party. This leads to a funny moment in the table tennis game where his "girlfriend", a horse, shows up in the audience (calling back to Wii Party in the process).
- Chugga and Jon's very awkward game of laser hockey.
- Jon's Critical Annoyance at the game not picking up his Wiimote actions properly when he plays Billiards against Tim.
- While Chugga and Tim are playing Shooting Range, Jon looks up the sales records for Wii Play and other various Wii games while Chugga jokes about Wii Play being the highest selling Wii game during the Wii's launch date.
Fibbage with Masae (on NintendoCapriSun's YouTube channel)
- Emile once again is the butt of Masae's joke.
Masae when picking the topic: This is for you Emile. *picks Loneliness*
Kirby's Dream Course
- Emile's cat is named Kirby, so it apparently assumes that they're talking about him whenever they try to discuss the game. He keeps bugging them and sitting on Jon's lap while he's trying to play. Eventually, Emile locks cat-Kirby out of his room.
- Chugga comments on how Jon, in this game and Mario romhacks/Maker, is really good at making tricky shots/jumps but fails at the really simple ones.
- Hole 5 of Kracko: Chugga triggers Tornado and hits Jon into the penultimate enemy of the hole, allowing Jon to sink it with an impressive shot on his next turn. Chugga's reaction to the whole thing is what sells it.
Dungeons and Dragons with Masae, Stephen and Mal (on Stephen Plays' YouTube channel)
- At the start, the players are encouraged to introduce themselves. Emile, who named his character Met Mutark, starts off by hitting on Masae. Masae turns her character into a wolf, which prompts Emile to say this:
Emile: Ah, a bitch. Well.[Everyone else breaks down laughing]Jon: He did use the term correctly.
- The incident ends up defining Masae's character, who is referred to as Bark, and loves meat and bones.
- Masae reveals after the session that she had planned for her character to be an elegant, refined druid named Solara Vang... then Emile came along.
- Mal announces her character:
Mal: I am Baldrick, I am from the Baldricks, we are the tribe of Baldricks, I'm the last of the Baldricks, I am Baldrick.
- "I have a cunning plan," becomes her catch phrase throughout the session, usually followed by an underwhelming proposal.
- This YouTube comment sums up the party in a nutshell:
Username Pending: So we have a strategist with no plan, a charmless bard who is also tone deaf, an insane cannibal wolf lady, a barbarian who prefers the art of film to fighting, and a slow rogue. What a colorful bunch.
- During their first battle, it ends off with Tim's turn coming around, but he's unable to do anything. What does he do? Records Masae eating a skeleton with a camcorder. In a fantasy world.
- Followed by Mal shooting an arrow at said skeleton. From point blank range.
- Stephen later lampshades the camcorder usage by having another character use a phone. Saying he's allowed to do so if Tim is.
- Followed by Mal shooting an arrow at said skeleton. From point blank range.
- The scenario they're playing involves resolving a dispute between the red faction (who are sided with a corrupt mayor who taxes everything), and the blue faction (who are evil because they eat babies). Upon meeting the person they are supposed to meet, what does Mal tell them?
Stephen (As the contact): ... Oh, god. I can't keep up anymore.
- "I will make the most succulent baby you have ever laid eyes on."
- The reason the blue faction eat babies? "We need their skeletons for the skeleton army!" Jon is in disbelief.