- While the first part of Hotline Miami was lambasted for the silly voice they give the tutorial guys, it reaches an amusing climax where the two switch off between lines - one doing a very deep voice, the other a pleasant and normal-sounding one.
- Ross' failed attempted at a Pre-Mortem One-Liner:
"Hey uh, what are you watching? Just some, television?!"
- Ross' summary of the gray knight in Castle Crashers:
"My power is mediocrity."
- Their fight for the red princess in Castle Crashers. For all Danny's talk, Ross beats him easily.
- Ross and Danny's discussion on how to peel a banana.
- Part Two of Castle Crashers has Barry realizing that Ross and Danny are talking about how to pronounce Velociraptor and flash backs to Game Grumps' Sonic06 part 38 where Jon and Arin talk about how Ross says Velociraptor.
- The last couple of minutes in Part 12 is downright hilarious with both Danny and Ross speaking in the most ridiculous voices.
- Skittles: Better than deer shit!
- In the finale, after the first two forms of the final boss, Ross convinces Danny that that was the final boss as the treasure chest falls. When out of the chest jumps a creepy-ass giant flying scorpionwizard, Danny's reaction is hilarious - punctuated by Ross laughing at him!
- And after the grande finale there is one last duel for the hand of the fair final and mysterious princess. Danny has a moment of 'we're gonna fight now!?' before Ross takes the last of the Blue Knight's health and decapitates him. At last Ross has finally earned the hand of a princess only for this princess to be a clown woman! Still, Ross does actually get the last laugh since she has a nice rack.
- Danny is ever tempting fate and allowing Ross to name the save files, who continues to give them inane things that give zero clues as to how far they are into the game.
- Their reactions to being caught by the zombie and the resulting Gross-Up Close-Up.
- Danny's belief that the slime monster only moves in one direction being immediately and painfully proven false.
- Episode 9 begins with a live-action clip of Danny and Ross warning the audience that the episode consists solely of making burgers. At the end, we see Ross intentionally screwing up about a dozen takes of that same clip and it only gets funnier each time until you can hear Arin and Barry laughing in the background.
- It gets to the point where Danny introduces himself as Barry because he was looking right at Barry.
Danny: Hi, I'm Barry- FUCK! *Ross loses it*
- It gets to the point where Danny introduces himself as Barry because he was looking right at Barry.
- Episode 14 has Ross reading a Ninja Sex Party fan fiction written by Ninja Brian. Danny's reaction is hilarious.
- The best part is that if you pay attention to the fanfic, you realize that Brian never actually gets around to giving Danny the blowjob, it just keeps leading up to it and then suddenly ends. This in no way makes Danny any less furious.
- Watch this for extra hilarity.
- Through out the gameplay Ross will insist that licking things will solve a problem. Also from episode 14 is Danny lampshading the entire playthrough as: yep! We got out of the car and went down a hallway!'
- Episode 18 involves Danny trying to get Ross to write something down which lead to this:
Danny: Write that down Ross!
Ross: I don't have a pen. :(
Danny: God dammit here is a pen.
Ross: I don't have a paper. :(
Danny: Oh Jesus... alright write the paper.
Ross: I don't have the spirit. :c
- The intro is a thing of brilliance. It plays out as normal until...
Arin (who is dressed as a bandit): STICK EM UP, THIS IS A ROBBERY!
- The first hour-long episode is filled with funny moments, especially due to Ross's incompetence and the inclusion of Arin.
Danny: I wonder why we're in trouble, Ross. Maybe it's because you told Augustus Caesar to go fuck himself while building clay pots.Ross: Do you think we could send him a flower basket or something?
- Arin acts aloud what 'good' drama and poetry would do for a nation under attack from Barbarians.
Arin: WHAT LIGHT THROUGH YONDER WINDOW BREAKS!? AH! OH, IT'S A BARBARIAN!
Squire: We need warriors! Quickly!
- "We can't attack them! Did you see those pots?!"
- Recruiting soldiers in Kyoto, as dramatized by Arin and Danny:
Citizen I've got four pots full of water! Will that help?!
Squire: I, uh...
Citizen: Larry knows what time it is!
Larry: (Distant) I can read calendars!
Citizen: He has it roughly down to the month!
Arin: Did you just demand SALT?
- When a notification shows up on the screen:
Ross: (laughing) Did I?
Arin: Because I think that's the LEAST of Kyoto's problems at the moment! Everyone is like "We're going to be invaded! We're going to be invaded by the Roman Empire!" And somebody is like "I don't know that this fish tastes okay!" (laughing) "What do you guys think?Danny: (laughs) "Does anyone else's meat taste bland?"
Danny: What's your biggest export, FAT? Fat people like yourself, fatty?
- Interactions with Gajah Mada:
Ross: Well, you're in luck because our biggest export is shirts.
- Arin and Danny lambasting Ross for not setting up settlements.
- The Caesar impressions. Sweet Jesus, the Caesar impressions, which quickly devolve into Skeletor impressions.
- While fast forwarding through part 2, they sing/rap about how much Caesar sucks.
Danny: Julius Caesar / He's such a douchebag / I hate his fucking / Big Roman face
Ross: You said Julius. It's Augustus.
Danny: Oh. From the top!
Danny: Julius Caesar / He's such a douchebag-
Ross: You said Julius again. It's Augustus.
Danny: Augustus Caesar / He's such a douchebag / I hate his stupid / Fucking face
Arin: Yo, motherfucker, listen up, it's Augustus! / He's gonna motherfucking kill you in your mustus! / I don't know what mustus is, I just wanted to rhyme! / Now we're gonna do it forward in time! *Record scratch*
Danny: Civilization V, bitches.
- Outback Steakhouse: Better than deer shit, mate!
- In part 2, Ross temporarily loses his Great Prophet.
Danny: He was only the first Great Man born in your civilization in three thousand years. "Fuck it! We lost him in the trees!"
- Part 3 has three fast-forward raps, with Ross mucking up each and every one. Danny's enraged responses are something to behold.
Danny: People in Jacarta don't wear shir-godDAMMIT, Ross, were you born without rhythm?
Danny: People in Jacarta, were born without shirts!
Ross (hesitant): Without shiiiirts-
Danny: They don't wea-oh, ROSS, you're killing me. Trying to sing fast-forwarding songs, Ross keeps fuckin' 'em up!
Ross: Fuckin' up!
Danny: He wasn't born with rhythm, and it's p-
Danny: God, your head is just bobbing at the wrong pace...
- The entire Jewish Mother skit near the end of Part 3.
Ross: Yay, Ragusa. It's my favorite place. I used to go there for my sister's wedding.
Danny: It was delightful. It was gorgeous.
Ross: I stayed at the Hyatt there.
Danny: I once went to Ragusa, I stayed at a lovely Doubletree Inn. They had coffee and Ragu.
Arin: And free continental breakfast.
Danny: Free continental breakfast. I took my trireme, and I sailed.
Ross: Into their haaarbor.
Arin: For fifteen years I sailed.
Danny: All because I heard they had free cable.
Ross: HBO? Whoo, I was sold.
Ross: You know, you boys should really think about getting your hair cut.
Arin: You're doing all this adventuring, you'll get the gangrene in your hair.
Danny: Have you seen Augustus? He looks so trim. He looks so handsome in his robes.
Danny: Build Notre Dame. Build Notre Dame in Tokyo! It'll take 89 turns.
Danny: Why don't you just build Notre Dame? What's the problem? Tokyo could use some culture. The irony of you murdering Rome while you build Notre Dame in Japan is not lost on me.
Ross: Build Notre Dame.
Danny: Build it!
Ross: Why aren't you building Notre Dame in Tokyo!
Danny: Why aren't you building Notre Dame? Your cousin built Notre Dame.
Ross: He was top of his class.
Danny: You know Martin, from across the street, already built Stonehenge, and he did it in Canada.
Arin: They don't even have things in Canada!
Danny: It's just a bunch of wood and deers!
Danny: Oh Barry, we're losing our shit over here.
Danny: I'm very proud of you. You may not get to build Notre Dame before you die at the hand of Augustus Caesar, but you know what? You tried! And that's all anyone can ask of you, Ross. You did your best.
Arin: Mom, we're gonna beat him.
Ross: We can do it, Mom.
Danny: I believe in you, honey.
Ross: I believe in myself.
Danny (sotto voce): He'll never make it. He'll never make it, he'll be dead in five turns.
Arin: You know I believe in you, but his hair is just so clean!
Danny: Have you seen Augustus' hair? It's so smooth.
Ross: He keeps the lines so tight!
Arin: How does he do it in 1560 AD? They haven't even invented scissors!
Danny: It's like he put a salad bowl made by one of your amazing potters over his head and just cut around it. It's perfect!
Danny: I'm very proud that you discovered Australia. Now go somewhere else.
Danny: Wait till the next turn. But you know what the good thing about that is? You're gonna be that much closer to building Notre Dame.
Ross: You're only 82 turns away. It's practically tomorrow!
- And at the beginning of part 4, they do it again.
Danny: You gotta hug the coast, like you hug your uncle.
- The end of Part 4 has Ross, who is fed up with all the madness, kicking the computer and erasing the past 4 hours the trio spent playing the game. Barry then reveals that in retaliation, Danny murdered Ross and slept for 44 years, and then Arin went to Disneyland. Also, Mochi and Mimi were revealed to be the 4th player.
- Perhaps even better is his addendum on the subreddit.
Ross:Yes, I really did flip out after 4 hours and kick the computer killing the recording. Augustus lived in the computer, so in theory I killed him.
- Perhaps even better is his addendum on the subreddit.
- Their guesses as to what FTL means. Special mention goes to Arin's, which include "Fucking Thick Ladies" and "Forty-Thousand Leeches."
- Early on Ross mispronounces 'rockets' as 'rocks'. Danny of course uses it to make further fun of Ross.
Danny: "FIRE THE ROCKS AT THEM!"
- While Ross tries to prepare the ship for a conflict, Danny and Arin are focused on something else...
Danny: Computer! More tea! (Arin Laughs)
Ross: Fix the oxygen! Fix the shields!
Arin: (robot voice) We are almost out of tea, master.
Danny: No! (The enemy ship hits their ship)
Ross: Oh Jesus! They took out our security!
Arin: (overlapping, Angry) More tea!
Ross: Okay, so the security cameras...
Danny: (interrupting) Explode a planet!
Arin: Steal their tea! (Danny and Arin laugh)
- "Ok, so we got the cameras back, everything's on fire!"
Arin: "Uh, Captain? I think I'm dying!" (ship explodes)
- All three captain's logs. Before each of the three players get their turn, an animated segment showing a locomotive in space is played, with the player whose turn it is narrating:
Ross: Captain's log, twenty-thirteen. Our crew's decided to... fly in space... Erm... It's... [Claxons sound]
- The first captain's log:
Arin: (distantly shouting) Oh my God, Ross, the hull's on fire!
Ross: I'm, just, not now, I'm trying to captain's log...
Arin: The hull is on fire!
Ross: It's, I'm trying to captain log!
Arin: Don't you care?!
Ross: I'M TRYING TO CAPTAIN LOG!
- The third captain's log:
Danny: Captain's log, stardate twenty thirteen. Captain Daniel Sexbang reporting. Ross's butt smells funny. [Claxons sound] God be with us all.
- "I'm the one who tells other people to eat dicks!"
- The other two getting frustrated at Ross to the point his character's name goes from "Ross", to "Rosslyn", and then finally: "Douchelo"note .
- Arin, after commenting on the ship's name (The Kestrel), wonders aloud what would happen if an alien spacecraft would encounter a real kestrel. Complete with ridiculous bird sounds.
- Both of the conductors and Arin take a turn at playing the game and all three end with the destruction of their ship but Danny points out that there is one survivor! His character from the third play through, the one they sold into slavery. Naturally he's gleeful about it.
- Ross has a few preferences when it comes to women's hair colors.
Ross: We talked about this. Things we found attractive and one of the things I don't like, no offense to blonde girls, I'm not attracted to girls with blonde hair.
Danny: Oh! Girls with blonde hair: you are beautiful.
Ross: No offense but the reason being is my sister has blonde hair. I just... y'know-
Danny: Your sister is super hot.
Ross: I-duah-Danny... Now everyone knows and now everyone is going to be looking her up. Don't do that.
- The entire wolfjob segment, but especially the photoshopping part at the end.
Danny: Barry put a hat on the wolf. Now put a smaller wolf giving a smaller handjob on top of the man's head.
Ross: Now put a hat on that wolf, and another small wolf on the first hat.
- In Part 3, Ross performs poorly on a stage, so he asks Danny to slap him.
Ross: Hit me. Slap me.
Ross: No, real slap me.
Danny: Really? In the face? Do you want me to?
Ross: Yeah. Do it.
Ross: AAAAAGH FUCK!
Danny: (laughing) Oh my god. I really slapped you.
Danny: I know. You wanted me to.
Danny: It's not helping.
Ross: It's not helping, it just made me dizzy!
Danny: Maybe if I slap you again, it'll reverse the-
Ross: Do it again! Try! Try!
Ross: OW! Oh god, that hurt!
Danny: It feels terrible. My hand's stinging.
Ross: Oh god, Danny, I can't focus!
- Early on, Danny asks Barry to start a counter of the number of times that Ross dies.
- At 100 deaths: a birthday hat is placed on the counter while confetti falls and children cheer.
- At 200 deaths: the same as 100 deaths happens, but is cut off immediately as Ross quickly dies again.
- At 300 deaths: the "yay" is at a lower pitch and there's no confetti.
- At 400 deaths: the party hat is replaced with a dunce cap.
- At 500 deaths: a fire burns the counter and turns it yellow.
- At 600 deaths: during the art game level, the hat is replaced with a beret and a cigarette.
- At 700 deaths: an "I died a lot" blue ribbon is pinned to the counter and quiet clapping is played.
- At 800 deaths: two muscular arms flexing are put on the counter and "YES!" replaces the counter momentarily, because the counter is getting a workout.
- Barry then sets the counter and the entire bottom of the recording aflame at the end of the playthrough, in response to Danny asking if he's ready to count more deaths when there's potentially more to the game.
- Just before they clear a particularly troublesome section in Part 9:
Ross: Give me some encouragement.
Danny: I'll kill you if you fuck this up.
- Also this Rossism:
Ross: One of my good friends back in Perth, he was Chinese... well, he's still Chinese, I'd imagine...
- Also this Rossism:
- The intro. Dear God, the intro. It starts off normal, and then...
Danny: So all aboard the Steam Trai-*Killed Mid-Sentence by a bullet to the head*
Arin: *As a train robber, comes on-screen and holds the gun to Ross' head* Say it.
Ross: *Terrified and crying as he says it* C-Choo choooooo!
- Arin and Ross's... unusual pronunciation of the word "baby".
- Since Ross's family comes from Ireland, he (apparently) has the inherent tendency to compare things to potatoes.
- Poor rabbit.
- Episode 6 Begins with the screen upside down, so Ross decides to try playing the game upside down on the couch. And we actually get to see him on camera when he does it.
- In part 11, Ross tries to find out what the sparkles in the forest area background do. He tries to use Siri on Arin's phone, but he stammers his way through the question.
Ross: "Hey, Siri. How do you... What the fu- what do the gol- the gold things in Rogue Legacy do?"
Siri: "I didn't find anything for 'how do you was a fight with a goal the gall things in Ralek see do the button'."
Arin: "Of course you didn't, Siri! That doesn't sound very surprising, Siri!"
Siri: "If you like, I can search the web for 'how do you was a fight with a goal the gall things in Ralek see do the button'."
Arin: "Just forget it, Siri."
- Ross' kiais before he makes a difficult jump, more often than not resulting in yet another excruciating death.
- Their entire Dinkles The Nerd segment in Part 4.
- To say nothing of them flipping out at each other near the end.
- All 25 minutes of Veni Vidi Vici in part 8, complete with grand intro and Barry taking a moment to warn the audience that this is what the entire episode is gonna be. They make it.
Barry: I ain't fast forwarding nothin'
- Arin at one point tells Barry to feel free to fast forward.
- During one of the many attempts, Ross tells Arin to 'channel his chi' so he can win. This results in a few seconds of silence while Arin breathes in and out slowly...he still fails which causes him to scream "FUCK" so loud that Ross yelps in fright.
- The subsequent freakout when they finally make it is a thing of beauty.
- Ross' baby voice.
- The playthrough completely derails when neither Arin nor Ross can figure out how to control the Doctor or River Song, mainly because of how shoddy the controls are. Ross gets caught on a platforming segment, while Arin bungles River's escape segment repeatedly. Eventually, they call it quits and Arin has a mini-freakout at the end of the video, chanting Doctor Who as the screen closes in on Ross making the Doctor wander around and wildly distorts. They abort the playthrough without even passing the first levels.
- A few funny stories about their last convention appearance. The last story tells how Arin would stick a Game Grumps sticker onto the backs of people that annoyed him, Ross thought he was doing it for everyone and did the same. When the two try to leave Ross stuck a sticker onto Arin's back and people suddenly noticed Arin like a beacon and started talking to him every few steps. Apparently when Arin finally figured out why people were noticing him he gave Ross a death glare.
- The waiting room, "all the thrills of the waiting room." Then they're super excited to get their number and get ahead of themselves a few times for 26 and 27. When 28 finally comes up they go crazy and then quiet down when they remember they're in a professional place.
- The "8" button.
- And then when they reach the beginning again, the narrator blames the conductors, and forces them to apologize to the audience. Danny wastes no time with pinning the blame on Ross.
- After Ross and Danny appear to encounter a Game-Breaking Bug, the narrator blames them and even says "Goddamnit Ross!"
- Ross and Danny's steadily mounting fury at the game's constant fake-outs.
Danny: (completely deadpan) I am becoming enraged. *Ross bursts out laughing*
- Once in the game proper, Ross has this to ask Danny before they go into Lefty's Bar:
Ross: "Dan, I have a very serious question to ask. Can we lick things?"
Danny: "Yes, we can lick things."
- Since this is a Sierra Game, Danny lets Ross continue the tradition of saving games.
- Danny attempts to pick up a box of candy, but instead gets naked in front of a prostitute.
- Ross answering the questions during the "555-6969" call. Also Danny's line during one of the exchanges.
Danny: (reading) "Larry, what is your favorite sex partner's first name." (to Ross) Better put in your wife. (Beat) Okay, "Batman".
- And the payoff for this in part five, when the phone rings again...
Danny: Wait, let's answer this. "You pick up the telephone and hear a familiar voice..."
Danny: "Hello Larry! This is Batman..."
Ross: Yes! Yes!!!
Danny: "I was just sitting here in the Arkham, wearing your hats and thinking about you (if you know what I mean!)."
Ross: Oh, awesome!
Danny: Oh, God... "Why don't you forget about this silly game, and come over to my place? I'll slip into my Cape, and we'll curl up in front of the fireplace and I'll stick in our copy of Star Wars!"
Ross: This sounds like a great night, we should go do that!
Danny: "You know your my peeeeeeeeee has always turned me on! So bring along a Robin and come play with my Batanrangs!"
Ross: (choking with laughter)
Danny: "Pretty soon we'll both get excited and we'll-" (also loses it) Ross, Ross just fell off the couch! "Pretty soon we'll both get excited and we'll Hang out and stuff like we always do!"
- And the payoff for this in part five, when the phone rings again...
- In Part 9, when they get to the penthouse, Danny and Ross saw two paintings of a bared breast, and requested to Barry that he use their faces to cover both. Then as Larry makes eye contact with a woman while in the spa, they request that Barry cover the breasts with partially-submerged faces of Arin and himself, then Ross suggested to Barry that the woman's face be changed to Danny's, much to his objection and an argument with Barry frequently changing the face. As an offer of consolation, Danny requested Wolfjob, but the bickering over the face went on shortly after.
- Their reaction to unleashing some kind of alien and/or abomination.
- Ross welcomes the audience as "Spookengers", then nonchalantly explains that it's "Passengers but spooky".
- It takes less than two minutes to see the kind of mods Ross has installed on his game when Alduin shows up...reskinned as Macho Man Randy Savage
Danny: Oh, damn! *collapses in a giggling fit* What the fuck, Ross!?
Macho Man!Alduin: YEAH!
- Through out the episodes Barry is providing a very helpful 'Danny annoyed' meter, which appears to be a still of Danny screaming "GODDAMMIT ROSS!!!" from the Goddammit Ross T-Shirt Commercial.
- The meter goes: Annoyed -> Frustrated -> Enraged -> Ross! -> Goddammit Ross! -> Sigh...
- The second part has Ross pulling a few freak outs when he reaches the sewers, he panics at the sight of a rat, starts screaming whenever he sees a vandal and just when he thinks he lost them there is one just behind him.
- Their discussion on Ross' ADD. It's best summed up by Danny's recap:
Danny: ...Ross, can w- can we revisit what you just said?
Danny: "I don't have ADD. Yeah I do. I take medication- no I don't."
- Their discussion on Ross' ADD. It's best summed up by Danny's recap:
- In Part 3, the Enterprise wearing sunglasses. And then birds fly out of it.
- Alduin returns but keeps his design for a while but it is equally hilarious seeing a well animated dragon giving some serious trash talk.
- In part four they call upon Barry to fast forward through the history lesson at Alduin's Wall...looking up into the sky like they're asking God. He complies, and accompanies the fast forward with "One They Fear" on the kazoo.
- Another couple of fast-forwards is when Ross tries and repeatedly fails to jump onto a platform to bypass a puzzle. The first fast-forward has Danny singing "Ross doesn't know how to jump over shit!", while the second has him sing the title theme from The Legend of Zelda, before Ross notes that it's the wrong song and sings "One They Fear".
- In Part 5, Danny calls for Barry to edit in an Airhorn to celebrate Ross getting an Elder Scroll, Barry obliges... with a half-second (if that) toot.
- Barry answers their request for Wolfjob... with a picture of a firefighter with a wolf's head.
- Ross' That Came Out Wrong moment in Part 6, followed by Barry making a rap out of it. Also in Part 6 is the priest writing the words for the voice ability "Clear Skies"... while making farting sounds.
Danny: (in between gasps of laughter) "You gotta warn me, man!"
- Made all the funnier by Ross forgetting to tell Danny about the mod that added the farting which sends both of them into hysterics after being caught off guard.
- It comes back up later in Part 12, during a fight with a warrior in Sovngarde. The fight begins, the warrior backs up and decrees he won't let Ross pass...and then promptly turns around and fires a fart at Ross. The fight afterward is hilariously one-sided, too.
- In Part 10, after trapping the dragon Odahviing and talking to him, Ross thinks he successfully turned him to his side. Turns out, Ross messed something up and the dragon got aggro'd, as once Ross freed him, he began to kill everyone in the room and kill Ross's character. Ross freaking out the entire time just makes it so hilarious.
Danny: "You shouldn't have trusted a dragon!"
- While Ross was (poorly) trying to climb over a wall to reach Sovngarde, a Macho Man dragon was constantly pelting him fire breath, spouting trash talk and Randy Savage quotes. The timing of those quotes delivered some unintentionaly hilarious moments:
Dan: "Ross, you're the worst."
Ross: "I am..."
- During the ending, with all the dragons gathering on the Throat of the World. The Dovahkiin and Paarthurnax are having their solemn conversation, but with Ross's Macho Man Randy Savage mod, all you can hear in the background are the various dragons shouting "I'M WILD, YEAH!" and "SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!"
Dan: "Shut up, Macho Man! Slim Jims are gross. I said it, I hope that's not a controversial opinion"
Random Dragon: "YOU HAVEN'T BEEN BEAT UP PROPERLY!!"
- When Danny names the characters of the game, he obviously names them after his friends. Danny, Arin, Barry, Suzy... and Fuckhead. Of course, he immediately changes it to Ross, or rather "RAAAAAAWS".
- Because the game is usually so quiet, Barry puts up country music as they do their shopping and prepare for the journey. When the game's real music starts playing, it's so loud it makes them scream in surprise.
Danny: Okay! Ross. So do you know about this? Do you know—
Ross: I know it's like—you get—you poop yourself.
Danny: That's...not...you get—
*A Yankee Doodle starts blaring in MIDI form*
Danny and Ross: AAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!
Danny: *As Ross continues screaming* OH GOD!!!
Ross: HIT THE VOLUME!!! WHERE IS—* Speaks gibberish as Danny starts cracking up*—IT'S REALLY LOUD! *To the tune of the song as Danny continues to laugh* YANKEE DOODLE WENT TO TOWN RIDING ON A PONY—*Returns to gibberish*
Danny: Oh my god, dude!
Ross: *Still singing* That was kinda fucking loud! *Normally* That went like from gravity to fucking, like...
Danny: That clipped the shit out of the fucking microphone. *Laughs* Oh my god. That was really fucking scary.
Ross: I hope Barry can capture that properly. That was scary as hell.
- Ross' knowledge of history is...somewhat lacking.
Dan: Going back to 1848...
Ross: That's when when the wheel was invented!
Dan: It is not...
- Continuing the trend of games trolling Ross, RAAAAAAWS gets dysentery within a couple weeks of setting off.
- Ross somehow manages to get dysentery twice.
- It's somewhat ironic in a way, as when they started, Ross admitted that the only thing he knew about the game was that people die from diarrhea.
- Danny politely asks Ross to stop interrupting him because it started to get out of hand during Skyrim.
Dan: So this game was for the Apple II E and I played this when I was-
Ross: Oh your fucking cow are having seizures-
Dan: WILL YOU FUCKING LET ME TALK ROSS!? I can't go through another game with you interrupting me-don't rub my shoulders it feels terrible. Stop!
- The second part has everything go to hell to such a fantastic extent that it is appropriately called "And We're Dead". Unsurprisingly, RAAAAAAWS is the first to die. Suzy and Barry follow literally seconds later.
- Especially funny is how, unbeknownst to them, they forgot to stock up on food and therefore starved all of their characters to death. This leads to them all dying by resting for weeks and weeks. (Even further hilarious is when Arin has exhaustion during the rest, and then dies immediately after.)
- What makes it even funnier still is that they intended part 2 to end like normal, but part 3 ended up getting cut so short due to Danny and Arin's deaths that it was added at the end of part 2 as a result.
- Ross decides to test the fidelity of the game's physics engine by flying through a forest. It doesn't end well.
- The first time they save.
Danny: You know what? Before we do anything...
Ross: *With a slightly eager inflection* Yeah?
Danny: ...time to save.
Ross: Ooh! Ooh!!! Ooh!!! Oooooh!
Danny: I know, Ross. I know. Okay. So you probably just want to say something like "Here we are at the beginning".
*Ross types "dont cry guy*
Danny: ..."Don't cry guy." Okay, Ross. You are so happy to do these.
- Later on, they run out of save-space and have to start replacing old saves with new ones, so "dont cry guy" is the first to go, and because Graham has just rescued a badly-injured Cedric from the Harpies on Harpy Island, they replace it with "dont die guy".
- In part 7, in order for Graham to traverse the snowy mountains, they have to put on a cloak, which Ross and Danny decide make him look decidedly "Lord of the Rings". So after Cedric is spirited away by a wolf, before they go after him, Danny decides to have a "Lord of the Rings Moment" by having the cloaked Graham look out over the mountain range and they ask Barry to play the music from the movies. Barry responds with the music from Jurassic Park.
- During a rather sad moment where Dan and Ross find a wounded Cedric, they go searching the island and accidentally walk off a cliff.
- "Taste the Graham cracker!"
- The finale involves Cedric getting hurt, again, and after the battle is over only the Conductors take note that Cedric is still hurt while everyone celebrates. Cue a close up by Barry.
- The pre-opening.
Danny: I would fuck everything on this screen including the animals and the bicycle!
Ross: ... Oh.
- Ross vows vengenace on the group's mole all because she 'stole' the bulk of the outfit he dressed Barbie into.
- Their reactions to Duke's vicious kick while still being able to walk.
- After two episodes of Ross trying to get past a small army of vicious snowmen the third opens with them remembering they can save. Arin is quite sure no one will be angry at them forgetting that.
- Earlier Ross came to a cracked wall and left it alone since kicks could not break it. Since they were having trouble finding the red card key Ross has a moment of intuition and uses a rocket to blow a wall down. Ross is happy he figured something out and Arin congradulates him...only for it to be an alternate route to the bathroom. Ross then commits suicide with the rocket launcher.
- Near the end of part 1, Danny starts to get really disturbed at just how sadistic Ross gets in the game (attacking people for no reason, kicking chickens and just generally being a dick), especially when Ross starts with the Evil Laugh...
- The words "sack of shit" (said in an overly gruff voice) becomes something of a running joke in this playthrough.
- In Part 1, During a very broken combat sequence, Ross breaks into song.
Ross: (singing) Do you wanna fuckin' go, man?Arin: (laughing, singing along) Do you wanna fuckin' go, man?Both: (singing somewhat in unison) Punch you right in the face...Arin: I'll kick while you're down in this airport!
- The video is called Part 1 but half way through it Arin does not think Ride to Hell is worth a series. But gradually through out the second half he starts to unravel the mystery of its low score and tells Ross they should continue a little longer.
- Whenever Jake fails a mission, his bike spontaneously explodes and the mission is over. Other bikes explode randomly when their riders are beaten off of them, only for the bikes to remain on the road completely solid.
- Whenever Jake hits a car or barrier, he doesn't react except to throw his arms up in exaggerated disappointment, with the scene fading into black and starting him back on the road. This leads to some hilarious crashes.
- They save a woman from someone thus a little Coitus Ensues, much to their disbelief and Steam Train gets steamy.
Ross (as Naomi): Yeah, fuck me right there in my pocket.
- Barry obliging the request to censor bar the first sex scene, even though there's nothing to censor...particularly the censor bar with a cartoon penis drawn on it.
- Ross asks Barry to put censor bars everywhere.
- The characters never disrobe during the sex scenes, including one segment where Jake and a mechanic woman both have sex, with Jake in full getup and the woman in a denim jumpsuit.
- Later On:
- Whenever the gang resorts to giving the cutscenes the MST treatment.
- In Part 8, in a bar, the two encounter Naomi, a bartender- and then the next scene, both a live Naomi and a broken, dead, standing-up Naomi stand next to each other behind the bar. Arin is stunned.
- In Part 9, they try jumping a fence, only to see pressing Space makes Jake crouch, raising his arms in a defensive position. They decide Jake is cowering against the beautiful scenery, including the fence.
Ross: *steering into truck* Now what if I just bang into this? *crashes* Whoa! *car flails, random buildings explode*
- Also in Part 9, Jake gets control over a giant oil tanker. Hijinks ensue.
Arin: Cars going the opposite direction? Nah, nothing. A fucking traffic sign? Watch out!
- The oil tanker continues to destroy cop cars and other obstacles with ease... but is stopped and reset twice by a tiny fence, and later, a two-foot-tall sign.
Ross (as driver): Uh, I guess I'm going this way now... I guess I don't want to go to Disneyland anymore.
- Also, immediately after that, the incoming car they knock around 180 degrees decides to just start driving that way.
- In Part 10, Jake comes to a broken electric wire and, since he cannot jump, decides to run over it and dies. An info box pops up telling him what to do (shoot the fuse) only after Jake is busy electrocuting himself.
- Episode 10 ends with Jake blowing up the electric plant, except the developers forgot to remove the cops standing at the blockade (which also exploded) that are expected to be shooting consistently at the player. This continues into the cutscene.
Ross: What were those guys shooting at?Arin: They're shooting at the next episode of Steam TrainRoss: WE GOTTA PUT OUT THE FIRE, SHOOT IT!
- The entire episode consists of playing a game where everything is wrong. Coins, cupcakes, platforms, and flowers make you explode violently, while spikes act like trampolines and pits warp you to the top of the screen. Meanwhile, Danny has to figure it out and Ross, already knowing full well how ass-backwards this game is, is laughing harder than he has ever laughed before watching Danny keep blowing himself up in rage.
- Oh, and the main character's head is modded with unflattering screenshots of Danny Sexbang himself. Even funnier is when the decapitated head is left lying around post-explosion.
- Keeping in Line with Ross turning the tables on Danny, Ross says "Goddammit, Dan!"
- The entire episode consists of playing a game where everything is wrong. Coins, cupcakes, platforms, and flowers make you explode violently, while spikes act like trampolines and pits warp you to the top of the screen. Meanwhile, Danny has to figure it out and Ross, already knowing full well how ass-backwards this game is, is laughing harder than he has ever laughed before watching Danny keep blowing himself up in rage.
- While waiting to play online, they decide to talk smack to other players. By literally typing the word SMACK repeatedly into the chat box.
- In the first match, Arin and Ross are barely holding on, only surviving thanks to their fellow players.
- Arin focusing on one particular player both matches, and no one else.
- Between matches, a guy asks who wants his cock. They respond with a one-up-a-thon, wanting it more than the other.
- At the outro, Arin jokingly asks Ross to see his pee-pee, and Ross obliges. On a meta level, Ross just joined the D-Club.
- Arin describing his game concept of "Puke Spukem," including uncomfortably brown hair.
- In Part 2, Duke dies by ambush. From a teeny, tiny bird enemy.
- After realizing an enemy looks like a robo massager, Ross starts massaging Arin's head, commenting his hands now have grease on them.
- After Ross keeps boasting how easily he won this game, Arin passes him the controls. One minute into level two, he asks Arin to take it back.
- Ross gets so fed up with the Nintendo Hard-ness of Level 3, he screams in agony how the hell did he beat this game as a kid.
- "I played Duke Nukem, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
"In Duke Nukem."
- A two-fer-The oculus-pus, then Duke happily hiding behind the pillars. When Arin & Ross laugh, you KNOW it's good.
- Arin has been taking Level 4 inch by inch.
Ross: Inch by inch.
- They theorize the game was designed first by someone idolizing his brother as Duke Nukem, then as a way for the designer to get a date. By boasting how the game relates his adventures in space, so the girl should totally go for him.
- Crossed with Tear Jerker, Ross's Despair Event Horizon heard in Part 7.
- Becomes Black Comedy when Ross decides to kill his respawned Duke at episode's end. As Arin begs him not to do it.
- Ross's story of revenge against his sister's bully using HTML in Myspace.
- Sesame Street: Special Victims Unit
- Arin tells a story how a fan accidentally called Sequelitis Seq-qualities
- Barry showing how Duke "shoots the guns"
- The unique opening for Danny and Barry on valentine's day to the same music as normal.
Danny: We don't have any dames!Barry: Now it's just another Friday...Danny: So all aboard the—*Music stops*Danny: *Speaking normally* Ehhh, fuck it. We're single on valentine's day.
- The game controls like Resident Evil, proven by spinning the room around the character.
Danny: Ah, Dude, you're gonna make me barf.Barry: Boyfriend Located.
- HAVE I FOUND MY BOYFRIEND??
- The girl's trepidation over meeting the guy.
- Swoops soliloquizing to herself for no apparent reason.
- The game crashes, turning the video into a podcast, a Single Cast.
- Ross suspecting that Arin is making him play the game on Danny's behalf as revenge for Default Dan.
- After the windmills, Arin begins laughing at Ross's misfortune. And it is hilarious.
- It Got Better. After passing the world map trap to Stage Two, and immediately dying in said level, Arin starts losing it.
- After Ross barely dodges a trap, Arin exclaims, "I love this game!"
- Falling for the Super Spring Mushroom Trap In Part 3. So. Many. Times.
- Part's 4 Intro:
- After reaching 200 deaths, Barry drops a single pathetic balloon.
- In the background, the air conditioner acts up. Ross assumes it's asking Arin out on a date, then Barry increases its volume at Ross's prompt.
- At the outset, Ross laughs at the cheese-eating mouse on the title screen.
- In Part 2, Arin & Ross love their snowmen look.
- Arin brings back his Lemon & Bill voice for this!
- Ross tries to explain to Arin about yowies, but Arin thinks he's talking about Yaoi.
- Ross's Skewed Priorities in talking tapirs over fighting a boss.
- Arin realizes his Sincerity Mode is similar to his Sarcasm Mode.
- Ross destroys a mech to tell a joke.
Ross: "Who was the first president of the United States?" (Raises Mech Hand) "I know."(Arin laughs hysterically)
- Arin & Ross's impression of the Wacky 60's Love Bot boss.
- The Mood Dissonance in Ross & Arin loving Ross's character's boob flash as she's melting to death.
- And again when after losing the game, Ross laughs at the mouse on the title screen.
- Arin & Ross describe doggy style. BADLY.
- Their WTF-ness in reaching the Final Mission without explanation.
- Ross's cat Orph's way to getting fed in the morning.
- At Part 6's end, Arin & Ross crack each other's backs. Accidental Innuendo included.
- Their discussion of Will Smith as a human, actor, & rapper.
- The final few minutes of Part 7 where Arin & Ross channel JonTron during their Heroic BSOD after losing to the final boss.
- The Grumps understandable Oh, Crap when the plane lands in Japan.
- Arin's over the top reading of the dialogue.
- Along with Ross's Stylistic Suck when it's his turn.
- As the game progresses, Arin & Ross slowly lose their minds.
- In episode 2, they get sidetracked by WcDonald's, culminating in:
Ross: "Can we get some extra whack-off sauce here?"
- Ross imagines that, every time Akira makes a strange face, it's because she's letting a fart off. Eventually Barry starts adding the appropriate sound effects.
- The character's amazement staying in a guest room, causing the Grumps to briefly bring back Dinkles.
- When the girls mention their parents are out of town, Ross mentions "fireworks going off in [the character's] head."
- Arin & Ross assume some words of the Japanese Language are English words with -uru added at the end. Example: Ikea + -uru = Ikeauru.
- Their amazement at the character's Mundane Object Amazement. Like sleeping in a guest room, or being in Japan. Aka, the Plot.
- The toilet attacking the character with a stream of water. Arin freaks out despite being the one who predicted this in the first place, but the real hilarity comes when Ross says "The toilet's peeing on him!".
- According to Ross, the service of getting pooped on at a Maid Cafe is called a Chocaru Splatadu Special.
- In Part 4, The electronic store is NOT a sky background seen last episode.
- Them lampshading how lame the scene changes are.
- Arin & Ross realizing they're a Third Wheel to the player character's date with Akira.
- Arin confusing the outro with Game Grumps.
- In Part 5, Ross challenges the Youtube commentors to end every word in their comments with -uru. And they comply.
- Followed by Arin & Ross' breakdown into laughter.
- The Grumps' over-the-top reaction to the scene where the protagonist walks in on a naked Makoto. They are stunned at the fact that the game showed them her (artistically censored) "boobarus".
Ross: What if she's, like, doing that weird pose where her legs are open and she's kinda in her undies and it's like, 'Oh this is kinda weird'. Please do not-OH FOR GOD'S SAKE!!
- And it happens again in Part 7 with Akira!
- What makes the second time even better is that Ross almost perfectly predicts what happens and reacts accordingly;
- And it happens again in Part 7 with Akira!
- Everyone at Ikebukuro in a Flash Mob where Time Stands Still.
- The Grumps attempt a Godzilla roar. Key word here: attempt.
- At the aquarium, we get a look at our PC, lacking eyes & posed like he's ready to Take Over the World.
Ross: "I know the secrets, & I will destroy you!"Arin: "It was my plan all along to be brought to the fucking aquarium!"
- "What if she just like, she was really cute, and she was like super nice, but she just kept farting all the time?"
- Welcome back to Grow, Grow, Nipples!
- Ross skips a portion of the game due to Arin sitting on the keyboard.
- Later, Arin button mashes through a rock garden lecture given by the girls. With no in-game consequences.
- Ross: It's fucking Akuma & Dhalsim!
Arin: We pray to Street Fighter here.
- Part 9's title's accuracy.
- Arin grossed out by Ross' Edo Period joke.
- Ross wanting to rub his junk for spiritual reasons.
- Followed by Ross & Barry starting a new twitter hashtag.
- Ross gives Akira the whiniest voice ever.
- Ross continues the trend with Makoto in Part 13.
- Arin defends his Beedrill against Ross.
- During a Flashback, Barry provides Ross's reading with a dramatic echo.
I think it's translated in english as Dragon Ball Z
- And again as the PC reads a parting love letter.
- Ross butchering the dialogue as Akira confesses her love to the PC.
- In general, any of Arin's reactions to the game itself.
- Their fun customizing their character.
- Ross's reaction to seeing the parents' skin color match their PC.
- Arin & Ross loving how the thrown poo affects their enemies.
- At Part 2's end, Arin won't stop touching Ross.
- A discovery of drugs in Cartman's Mom's room turns into a discussion of toasted sugar.
- When Ross and Arin wonder if the kids in the game are actually dead or just playing dead, Ross mentions that they're at the point where it's questionable; or as he calls it, they are "larping dead".
- They win the fight against the Gate Security Guard with an arrow to the nuts.
- The Black Comedy in wanting something to eat while high on bath salts.
- After beating the Meth Heads, they forget the secret ingredient.
- Arin's dream for his D&D character: get fucked sometime during the game as he would play a female PC.
- Their hysterical laughter to Butters healing ability.
- Butters delivers extra Holy Damage to Gingers because they lack souls.
- Ross: They're weak to fire? Guess what...I GOT FIRE!
- The Bard's introduction, complete with Stutter Stop and Arin & Ross' increasing laughter.
- In Part 1, the NPC dialogue quotes Danny Sexbang. Examples include Starbomb's Zelda parody & the Mr. Wilson rap.
- Ross believes Danny's bedroom is covered in sticky, white walls. Eww.
- Part 2 reveals the main character's after a Grump.
You just missed Ross again.
- Ross & Dan suck so bad passing through a certain part, Arin starts criticizing them.
Arin: Its telling you to stomp on the missle.
- Three Words: SPACE. POPE. ROSS.
- The game lampshades Ross' tendency to trip over his own words and his "Rossisms". Ross, as if on cue, trips over this dialogue.
- Ross' hate for the game & Dan unfamiliar with this side of Ross.
- Ross running across a set of trap platforms, releasing 15 missiles right on his tail.
- After Ross "embraces" Dan for moral support, Barry gets sick watching Dan's failed rapid climb attempts.
- Arin smiling & shrugging at Rage!Ross's struggle with Space Pope Ross.
- Barry, put in a wolf job!
- Danny stating how he was sick of his Steam Train avatar constantly getting shot by Arin in the intro during his extended absence... only for Ross (and Arin) to point out that they are getting mugged by him instead.
- Ross realizing their cell's head looks like its rear.
- Coloring their cell fire stripes to look really fast.
- "Everything is made of Je-sus!"
- The Grumps collective desire to evolve into a giant weener.
Ross:: What have we done?
- With steadily growing reactions of horror after each evolution.
- After spawning a cell, they quickly fight off a spawn camper.
Danny: Welcome to the world, bitch!Arin: You get born! You die born!
- Everything's made out of Jesus!
- The Grumps witness a microbal creature glitching out of game.
Spore: Buy it now.
- The Grumps "So Big, So Strong" Bit as a proud Jewish Mother
He can lift a car-bor-ator!...He can lift a Caramel chew!
- Episode 3: Ross ignores popular demand and turns his creature into a cock-and-balls with a mouth(the only feature his creature absolutely needed). He regrets this soon afterwards, realizing that Legs For Days can't catch up with prey and its lack of eyeballs gives it no clue where it's going.
Ross: Welcome back to the Cell Saga.
- He starts off strong in the episode with this beautiful line.
- After killing another species, the game begins dialoguing like a 1950's how-to video.
Arin: You're onto a bigger brain & a smarter you!Danny: Be sure to eat your victim & absorb his essence!Arin: Don't you think Mothra would be impressed?
- Legs for Days' assumed mating call: Who wants to fuck?
- Arms fo Minz' running animation.
- Continued later in game by Clyde n Slide.
- After failing to befriend a larger creature, the Grumps run away to old-timey ragtime music courtesy of Barry.
- Later in part 5, Barry strikes again with Chariots of Fire.
- Part 5: Arin's insistence that Arms fo Minz is not intended to be phallic.
- To say nothing of Arms fo Minz being an omnicidal maniac.
- It's become something of a running gag. Even when Ross blatantly puts a dick on the dick monster, Arin continues to insist that it's not.
- Danny pointing out that Legs 4 Dayz has no legs, and that, similarly, Arms fo Minz has no arms.
- Arms fo Minz' roar sounds like a bleating goat.
- After Ross kills another creature as Arms fo Minz:
Danny: Yay. That baby no longer has a mother.
- George fo Days. Pretty much everything pertaining it, up to and including their mounting regret at having created it.
Danny: Next time on Steam Train, more fucking Nightmare Fuel.
- During creature creation, when its' arms are outstretched, it looks like it found religion.
- "You cannot win, dick with legs! I have the higher ground!"
- Danny decides to narrate the game like a nature documentary.
Now carefully observe as the horrifying walking penis devours its lunchtime meal.
- After meeting a creature large as Godzilla, Ross dances to attempt befriending it. Angering it to chase after him.
- During the chase, faux Godzilla walks into a rock, glitching into a dance. It only escapes when Ross attacks it.
- Do you wanna dance? Do you wanna I-DON'T-THINK-HE-WANTS-TO-DANCE. IDONTTHINKHEWANTSTODANCE!"
- Nick Trickle, created in Episode 8, is a phallus-shaped dinosaur.
Danny: Ah, the miracle of girth.
- This quote seems more accurate concerning this species.
Arin: It's like a mustache.Danny: It's like a mistake.
- Followed near immediately by Dickus Erectus Boneritis.
- It turns out they made yet another oversight: Dickus Erectus Boneritis does not have the body parts necessary to make friends, and thus is destined to go on a mad flesh-eating spree.
- A Grump summarizes what motivates their creature design.
- After spending six minutes buffing Dickus Erectus Boneritis, he immediately fails his first fight in minute seven.
- Not to mention falling a second time in the eighth, then close to death right before episode's end.
- Episode Ten starts with Ross showing his boobs.
- After killing a parent, the creature's kid is watching Ross eat its corpse.
- The Grumps start indirectly referring to David Bowie.
Arin: Who's going to let you borrow their Steve Bowie collection?Danny:You never heard Biggie Stardust?
- "It's for stability."
Danny: Oh God in heaven.
- Gentle Genus in motion, looking like HE DID IT & The World's my oyster!
- After attempting to befriend faux Godzilla, it picks GG up & tosses him a far distance.
- Danny constantly stating he is on the verge of throwing up, especially whenever the creature emerges from an egg and everyone is waving their appendages around like a d-club meeting.
- After spending the entire game killing one species after another, the one episode spent trying to befriend them goes horribly wrong.
- Episode 13 introduces Ridin fo DAYZ DIRTY, the bicycle creature!
- Ross' reaction to possible planetary destruction? We good.
- Danny coins their bike creature gang, Hell's Dangles.
- A Black Lagoon creature ripoff starts backing up as Hell's Dangles approaches.
- Episode 15 begins on them seeing the Enterprise.
Danny: Our continuing five-year mission... What the fuck.*muffled laughs*Arin: Our continuing five-year mission has yielded... th- whts- it looks like a penis.
- Followed by Barry's artistic rendition (read: stick figure doodle) of Commander Riker sitting down in his unusual way.
- Sexy Pizza ASS' creation & existence, looking like a posing model.
- Arin narrating (with Dan's background humming) the recap of their creature's various evolutions.
- Everything leading up to the birth of ^carrot.
- Spore's introduction of ^carrot's tribe, followed by the creature's purpose is to reach for spices on the high shelf.
- Ross, Danny and Arin's reactions to doing backflips in slow motion over a moving car, then finding Joss Whedon and sending him flying into the sky by dragging him (with the goat's tongue) into the path of said car.
- The goat causes a truck (that Arin believes to be Motormaster) to explode just by touching it.
- They constantly try to ram a truck head on and get run over every time. Always in a way that causes the camera to jitter.
- Their unexpected journey and success toward Blood Goat.
Danny: I am like way into Satan.
- The first time Ragdolling down the water slide, starting a series of awesome jumps.
- Ross accidentally pressing the Calculator button, giving the world a glimpse of Arin's desktop.
- The last third of the episode is just them trying to get into a hanging box with a robot in it. At the very end, they manage it... only for the robot to shove them out and send them fucking flying.
- The one two combo of Chiyo somehow possessing a bear's paw for a hand, followed by Naruto's French costume.
- Ross noting the lack of difference between the two Rock Lees on the Character Select Screen.
- Ross' reaction to Arin wanting a rematch after Arin's win
- Ross badly playing as Hinata.
- A hashtag or two returns at show's end.
- Ross explains why Arin's playing.
Ross: I should probably say Arin's playing cause he's good at puzzles.Ross: Oh, look at that, dummy. Dead. DEAD....How'd you do that?
- Followed by more hashtag hilarity.
- Taste the Rainbow. Replay the Rainbow.
- Barry records words of wisdom from Arin.
- The Grumps discuss the Fridge Logic of a bookshelf preventing fireballs.
- Arin's story of a one-sided conversation on Skype.
- After all the smart ones do all the work, the dumb one gets the princess.
- This time, Arin presses the wrong button revealing his desktop.
- Perhaps the best part is the blink-and-you'll-miss-it patch over one of the icons. It's obviously an edit, because the mouse cursor goes behind it, but it's also equally obvious that it's something Arin doesn't want you to see. How do we know? It's covered with a patch that says SUPER PORN.
- Arin makes a conveyor belt full of dead knights.
- Who knew Count Ted knew some dance moves?
- As the Grumps discuss mortality, Arin goes Instant Soprano on his turn to talk.
Ross: What do you want to be Arin?Arin: A girl.Ross: I don't think girls live forever.Arin: Says you.
- Also their discussion of morality leads to the group saying what immortal being they'd want to be. Danny, a vampire. Ross, a robot. Arin?
- Where there's a will, there's a smith.
- Near the end of Part 4, Arin questions how can the Rock Monster digest the knights armor so easily, Ross deliveres the perfect response:
Ross: I don't fucking know, I'm not Nutri Grain!
- Barry's replies to Danny after he asks how many times Arin died.
- Ross, true to form, kills a joke.
- Dan's cover of "Lights" by Journey, along with the conversation afterwards:
Danny: Thanks for indulging me in my non-warmed up singing at like, 2 in the morning.Danny: It sounded bad to me.Arin: You know what, Dan? You can just go fuck your dad.Danny: M...maybe I will.Danny: [imitating his did] Hi, Dan! Ehhhh...I heard on the subreddit that you're planning on fucking me, so, ehhhh...don't. Bye!
- Did you know Life Goes On has a cheat code hotline?
- For the first three episodes Arin has Duke take his time dealing with the aliens and does stuff like play basketball, lift weights, drink beer...watch a man take a massive dump in a stall.
- The Current Conductors, a pair of animators, react to the opening cinematic.
- Ross's unusually perceptive moment:
I like how they're twins so they only had to model one person.
- Duke Nukem dancing. Best thing ever.
- Look like Duke Nukem fears one thing.
- The aliens groping the darkness.
- The Grumps repeatedly discover the minigames are better than the main game.
- Emperor Palpatine's wife.
- Ross basically having a field day with creating his character cannonsplarts. It may have taken up most of the episode time, but it's worth every second.
- In a schadenfreude-laden sense, the intro where the trio of crones start talking to them. Arin preemptively assumes it's going to be a big, long ramble of Magi Babble and launches into an improvized, long-winded Cliché Storm of stereotypical fantasy game exposition. Instead, the old women actively mock them to their faces, which they completely fail to notice. Arin concludes his fantasy ramble just in time to completely miss one of the old women leveling with him to say just how many times they're going to die.
- Ross and Arin's reaction to watching cannonsplarts running around in circles.
- Ross gets cannonsplarts' first death.
- Ross advises Arin on jumping a ledge.
- Cannonsplarts leaves a wise message.
- Ross gives a Cold Opening with Too Much Information.
- "Visions of horse..."
- The "Fresh, Never Frozen" robot.
- Arin's desktop is now a Running Gag.
- Ross summons a pair of phantoms to assist him.
- Ross gives a Spoiler about Cosmos.
- Ross' PC gets a close-up.
- An attempt to touch butt goes horribly Wrong.
- Arin: Get ready to get the fuck out of the way.
- Arin's art on display leads to living in a suitcase.
- Wow, a new dance.
- Hiding in walls always helps.
- Ross' reaction to seeing a Darkdweller.
- Old Sphinx Cats are Ugly Cute.
- One impatient player asks to begin playing
Arin: Sorry you have to get your mac & cheese out of the microwave.
- Danny & Arin discover the loudspeaker.
- The fact Arin, Dan, & Ross are amateurs compared to their newbie member Exion.
- Arin lets one slip by Danny.
- The name of their team- Steamy Wolfjob.
- After two episodes of a somewhat uneasy feeling game Ross swipes Arin's guitar for the outro and proves once again that he has no sense of rhythm. Or guitar playing skills.
- Their collective OMG when they try saving the frogs.
- Thank God. You found the pause screen.
- They cover Lauryn Hill so well!
- You got the right stuff!
- What a curious case!
- Question: Does it have Joss Whedon in it?
- Gets better when they find a suit similar to Iron Man.
- Danny: These are the guys who made Goat Simulator?
- The Double Entendre of tube food.
- The Otaku Taco.
- The possibility the PC's story is Life Embellished.
- The "Straws, Barry" story
- Ross Uncled over his Uncle.
- Ross, the expert of Fartillery.
- His eyes follow you where you go.
- Half of the first episode has the team walking down a never-ending road in the opposite direction of where the story is meant to be happening.
- They gain an achievement for walking too long-Olympian Medalist.
- The awkward interactions between the main character, Linda, and her best friend Ira. The Grumps interpret their relationship as being more than just friends. At one point, the camera shows the two of them talking, cuts away, and then cuts back to them having an intense game of pattycake.
- During the pattycake game, Linda gets distracted when someone talks to her. Cue Ira slapping her across the face, much to the horror of the group. It then escalates even further.
- Their reactions to any of the scary moments. Or rather, Ross losing his mind at every thing that's meant to be scary, regardless of whether or not it's already happened, which then causes Arin and Danny to freak out.
Danny: Did that say "MC Toilet?"Arin: MC Toil-(Laughs)Danny: MC Toilet, y'all!(The Pig Monster they've already encountered peeks it's head through the doorway and gets stuck)Ross: Guys there's some-AGH AAAAAGH AAAAAAAAAAAAA!Arin: AH OH GOD OH FUCK! WHAT HAPPENED!?Danny: AGH...fuck you!Ross: It can't get in here, it's too big!Arin: OH MY GOD, THE BOAR! AH, FUCK, IT'S THE PIG!Ross: (Whimpers)Danny: Dammit, dude, it's not scary at all, but you fucking losing your mind, three inches from my head! [...] God, Ross, don't fucking flail and scream like that.Arin: Yeah. Your, like, foot touched me, and I was like "AAAAH!"Danny: You caused like a domino chain of der.Ross: I'm really sorry, I'm not faking this, I fucking hate scary games!
Ross: Hey, you're near something.(Arin holds up the camera, revealing the Sundel Bolong, which immediately screams into their face)All: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!Arin: All right! Okay!Danny: What the fuck, dude!? Okay, that was-(It screams in their face again)All: AAAAAAAAGH! (Ross whimpers)Danny: Stop! Stop going there!Arin: I'm trying, I'm trying!Ross: Quick, take a picture of it!Danny: God DAMMIT, Arin! Uuuuugh! I hate this.(Arin pulls out the camera again and walks forward, revealing no ghost)Arin: (Nervously) Nobody here!Ross: I think it's behind you.(Arin turns around. It was. It screams again)All: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
- Then there's their encounter(s) with the Sundel Bolong, a banshee-like ghost with glowing red eyes and long white hair.
- Arin recognizes the dancing papers as the intro to Goosebumps.
- Never leave Arin & Ross alone in the room.
- The ghost of Sonic the Hedgehog stops by.
- "That bitch is scary!"
- The Grumps discover a black cat.
- Fighting for your right to...
- Part 8 starts pretty tame, but quickly escalates right into scary town. Strangely, Ross doesn't scream.
Ross: I didn't even scream, I just think I crapped myself instead.
Danny: That was...Arin flinched, I started screaming and pulled my hair down in front of my eyes, and Ross just silently shat himself.
- Moments later:
- At the end of episode 7 Arin and Danny go to take a leak leaving Ross all alone. He entertains himself in various ways for the following four minutes. What sells it is Barry's disclaimer.
Barry: This is literally just four minutes of Ross amusing himself while Arin and Dan pee. Just so you know exactly what you're getting yourself into.
*Door opens as Danny laughs*Arin: —they fuck each other and there's another dick hanging down.Ross: Guys, alright. You're in a room, you're surrounded, there's no way out, guys with guns everywhere. This is what you do. *Starts rapidly firing a toy gun complete with laser sound effects**Arin and Danny laugh* noteArin: And then you die immediately.Danny: You cracked the code, Ross.
- And then Arin and Danny return.
- Hey, a fourth look at Arin's computer.
- They end the game on changing Linda's clothes in the back of the van.
- Things proceed well for what the Grumps believe to be a "granny simulator", complete with turning something as simple as sitting on a bench into something grand and epic... Then the singing begins and the granny dies, causing the most hilarious reactions of all.
- The Grumps recreate how they're staring at Dan.
- When goats collide...
- Danny: God, my guy is so floppy!
- The Grumps tries restarting the game.
Danny: Sweet! Capture the Flag!
- Ross vs. a flying helicopter. The winner: Ross by a DeadMau5.
- The one time they legitimately try riding the roller coaster.
- Always a good idea to advertise with the Grumps.
- Arin & Ross's cavemen kiss, the fandom explodes.
- Ross shows Arin how to trap players.
- 2 opens from awesome to buggy.
Danny: Jesus, take the wheel! Take it from my hands!
- Followed shortly by the cavemen climbing a mountain using Psychic Powers.
- This turns Arin into a god.
- In typical Barry fashion, when asked to add epic music to the dinosaur battle, he adds kazoo music.
- Arin's Sophisticated as Hell naming a dinosaur.
- Under one minute, the fastest turnaround in taming a dinosaur.
- The Grumps can customize their characters to resemble Dan, Ross, a pug, and Chinnigan.
- Their friend Stamper voices the opening cutscene.
- Ross fails at sailing a boat. As expected.
- Stories of younger Ross & Dan Playing with Fire.
- Dan & Ross talk in a boat.
- Ross successfully gets Danny with the Drop Bear thing!
- Here! Have a frisbee!
- Dan notices Ross' root.
- The Conductors discover the Y button.
- Witness the inevitable fight.
- Ross learns what left trigger does.
- When they see it...
- Part 7's Cold Opening has Ross accidentally solving a puzzle.
- In Part 8, Ross tempts fate with an enemy.
- Danny, Ross, & Arin thanks everyone for one year of Steam Train! Recorded by Barry. Who leaves the camera running.
- They lambast the Polygonal Graphics in the opening cinematic.
- Before the game begins, Ross & Dan have a laugh.
- Their first time meeting the castle guard dogs.
- Hey, look, a young Michael Keaton.
- Ross makes their first game save.
- Their Alternate Character Interpretation of the ferryman.
- The conductors witness The Dragon.
- Everyone gets the hat!
- Ross notes what the Isle of Wonder resembles.
- Episode 3 gives a Hurricane of Puns followed by Ross' Jewish Mother impression.
- Ross notes Alex's odd dance crossing the swamp.
- In Part 5, they go lower.
- In Part 6, Alex asks someone to a dance.
- Part 7 begins with Ross audibly mimicking Danny.
- Also in Part 7, while they stare at the riddle at the Cliffs of Logic for quite a while, Barry slowly zooms the screen until, after almost a full minute of contemplating, Ross suddenly breaks in:
Ross: Oh, is this a riddle?!
- Part 8 begins with Ross presenting a fast-forward song.
- This episode's Title Drop appears!
- Ross makes a special save file.
- Ross describes the Isle of the Mists.
It's the fart one!
- Them failing a timed quest: expected. Them dancing to said failure: huh.
- Given a retry, Dan trolls Ross by talking to a bird.
- Oh my God, he's George Washington!
- Sierra: How the fuck was I supposed to know that?
Good luck figuring that out: The Game.
- The interesting intro of Part 14.
- Alex's googly eyes & Ross' perfect timing during the bonfire scene.
- I'm the king of the ponies!
- As Ross notes something, Dan reads a save file.
- Dan & Ross watch the game's Big Lipped Alligator Moment.
- Dan figures a riddle before Ross.
- One death scene stands out in game.
- Ross solves a puzzle based on someone looking metal.
- Ross decides that Alexander has outdone his father.
Ross: King Graham didn't do this shit, just fuckin' followed a candyass owl around.
- Part 19 gives Dan & Ross a Eureka Moment.
- Part 20 begins with Ross noticing Alex in the urinal.
- An episode ends with Dan mixing up outros.
- Part 21 has Dan lampshade poor sound quality.
- Annoyed at Jollo, Ross angrily names a save file.
- Part 22 has Ross speak an audacious suggestion for revenge.
- The Running Gag of glory hole jokes late in game.
- Their panic about the incoming guard dogs.
- In the Finale, the genie's odd dance.
- Their reactions to the final fight.
- The King asks Alexander about a couple of things.
- Two Ensemble Darkhorses get attention.
- The game has a credits song. And they react wonderfully!
- Ross names the cat Fuckyouicu.
- Arin desires a mod where the meows are replaced with Orson Welles quotes.
- The conductors ask the audience how to water the cat.
- The cat flies!
- Surprise! Do you like the way that feels?
- Followed by Ross demonstrating breath physics.
- Wow. An appropriate YouTube video to post the Sandstorm Meme.
- Ross discovers he can dodge.
- Part 3 throws Ross into the fight for his life.
- Imagine a rhino with a Live Journal.
- The entire Flash Back in Part 4.
- Ross gets one shot.
- The plum-smuggler gets a voice.
- The plum-smuggler gets some clothes.
- Hello, Captain!
- Dan's the only sane narrator compared to Arin & Ross.
- Someone's a Terrible Artist.
- Another Rossism spews out of Ross' mouth.
- Arin voices a character. Way high-pitched.
- Ross gives the mayor an ASMR voice.
- And the mayor a fast voice. Poor Barry.
- A Galaxy Sister gets a low-pitched Lumpy Space Princess voice.
- Ross ends Part 3 like a rock star.
- Arin and Ross start the first episode wondering what it would be like if Dan suddenly had "big jubblies".
- Arin voices the protagonist exactly like Kenstar, making this the fourth episode of Girlchan we never got.
- The Grumps are able to predict a lot of things that happen in the game, such as Ross, who is voicing the girl-best friend, calling the protagonist an idiot in-character, and then the game text doing the same, or when Arin jokingly suggests the guy whose sister is rumored to know where the shrine is has a crush on his sister, and it turns out he does.
- Oh Lord, the dialogue.
- Dan sums up the experience perfectly.
- Dan awakens the twin dragons of narration.
Ross: There's this annoying prick next to me...
- The guys guess whom Taka-boy is talking to.
- Part 3 gives all three clapping wildly.
- Their reaction to seeing a bikini-clad demon.
Danny: Every boob is glistening.
- Ross mumbles in annoyance.
- Arin describes underwear.
- Part 4 starts with Ross kissing Dan.
- Dan snidely snarks like The Cinema Snob.
- Followed by Danny unfamiliar with the concept of a Tsundere. Unfortunately followed by Arin's incredibly awkward, dark, and mood-killing (not to mention completely incorrect) explanation of what a tsundere is, that temporarily grinds the fun to a halt.
- Part 5 begins with Arin rating Dan's kissing. With Ross.
- Dan played a game with a Good Bad Translation.
- Barry gives Narumi some shades.
- Hello, Arin's desktop, our old friend!
- Part 5 ends with ASMR and a circlejerk.
- Part 6 has the Grumps reference a WillFerrell skit.
- Ross dialogues too close to the mic.
- Arin ends Part 6 noticing a smiley face.
- Arin lampshades lack of visuals.
- The grumps express incredulity at the hero's sudden complete and total lack of a sex drive and begrudgingly voice his lines rejecting the fox girl's sexual advances.
Danny: WHO THE FUCK IS THIS MAIN CHARACTER?
Danny: Well...Guys, I'm gonna go excuse myself for...
- At the end, after staring at a naked girl for five minutes, they wrap up the episode with the following:
Arin: ...You gonna go to the bathroom?
Danny: ...about ten minutes. Yeah.
Arin: I need to use it first.
Ross: I need to use it at the same time.
(all talking over each other)
Ross: Wait, let's be straight. What are we doing in the bathroom?
Danny: (Beat) Uh...alright, let's uh, let's say it...
Ross: One two three.
Danny: Right, on three. One, two, three.
All: Jerking off.note
Danny: Okay. NexttimeonSteamTrain.
- Dan imagines Taka Boy narrating all this.
- Ross narrates sexy until...
Danny: I'm just gonna kill this bag of Sonic.
- Part 8 ends with a new background!
Danny: This kitchen has everything you could ever want. Two bowls. Four knives.
- The Grumps are shocked briefly due to blatant sexism.
- Danny comes to a sudden realization.
- Ross turns into Batman.
- Barry's slow zoom into boobs as the Grumps talk science.
- Arin cracks a lame joke.
- So much action...meanwhile, at this house.
- Part 11 has Ross getting bored from spending a long time not voicing a character, so he decides to take a selfie during recording. Arin is not pleased.
- "Wait, this ends in diarrhea."
- Arin uses his Ash voice.
- What's Ross doing to Danny?
- The Grumps get fed up with Takahiro.
- One character says, "Oh, poopie."
Danny: Finally, we're getting to our level.
- Arin brings Dracula into the scene!
Danny!Tsuyuri (á la Count von Count) Four! Four other spirits! Ah! Ah! Ah!
- Which evolves into a Swedish Chef impression.
- The Dracula voice becomes even funnier a few moments later when Tsuyuri actually says "Four. Four other spirits."
- Danny interrupts Ross with a belch.
- Barry's skillz put to good use.
- While the guys argue about Pancake Tuesday/Ash Wednesday, Barry slowly zooms in Tsuyuri's boobs.
- When a scene starts playing where the only two people present are both voiced by Arin, Danny and Ross threaten to leave the room.
- The Grumps' inability to pronounce the name "Tsuyuri" correctly.
- After reading dialogue in-character as Tsuyuri for several minutes, Danny suddenly asks out of nowhere in his normal voice "Can you see my labia in this outfit?!"
- When Takahiro returns from his dialogue scene with Tsuyuri and tells the others that she told him something interesting, Danny ask if they should bet on whether or not Maeko will say "What was it?". She does.
- When Ross tells Danny that the latter "really knows [his] character", Danny retorts that it's like "knowing" a dog - leave a steak in front of it and it will eat it.
- Ross ignores Dan's request.
Danny: I'm going to headbutt you.
- A mispronounciation gives the PC a southern accent.
- In Episode 16, Arin apparently starts channeling Bobcat Goldthwait as the narrator.
- Ross' new character voice breaks glass.
- Part 17 opens on Ross' lamest attempt at Product Placement.
- Part 18's a cocktease.
- Dan mispronounces a word, and we all laugh.
- Ross' character voice is briefly his normal voice.
- The game call backs the panty theft.
- Part 20 has Ross accidentally touching Arin's pits and wants to make it even.
- Both characters talk & face like stroke victims.
- Machiko changed into a duck once.
- Arin reveals his email address.
- Goodbye, boobs.
- Goddammit, Barry! Too Much Information!
- Dan & Ross hear the plot.
- Ross: If you rub horses, they get bigger.
- Ross decides to buy a game expansion.
- SlammaBangJones at the horse race!
- Barry's music makes it.
- In what becomes funny in a sort of existential way, Dan & Ross' realization that out of everyone in the entire world, they're the only ones playing the multiplayer version of the game.
- After they win the horse race:
Danny: Yeah! Suck it Jews!Ross: What?
- Wanna see Danny in a top hat?
- Arin dies putting on a pink shirt.
- Bananas! 44 dollars!
- Arin bungles Part 1's outro.
- Part 2 shows Arin swimming in the T-1000.
- Arin complains to Ross.
Arin: How the fuck am I supposed to do anything?Ross: I don't know. Use the functionality of sneaking?
- Ross & Arin's Blatant Lies about their sex lives.
- Ross frustration at the end of the first two episodes when Arin wants to continue playing.
- Ross remembers a DayZ session where people remove pants.
- While Arin looks for weapons, Ross seeks clothing.
- They get so excited over a miner's helmet.
- Arin & Ross argue over band-aids.
- Just as Arin mastered the game, his PC dies of hunger.
- The opening skit. Barry & Suzy overload Ross into leaving, making Dan take his place.
Danny: *As Ross leaves screaming* I thought we were doing Steam Train today?Suzy: Well, I guess we could do it without Ross.Danny: Sweet! *Leaps onto the couch and puts his arms around Suzy and Barry* I fucking hate Ross!
- Their overreaction to Extreme Fever.
- The hamster's kind of creepy.
- After someone wins, they discover they can move the final score screen.
- Foxy pops his head out of the curtains. Everyone screams.
- To calm Barry's nerves, Arin plays a flute.
- They see their first hallucination.
- Followed by their first death.
- Night 2: The Search for Bonnie
Barry: Where, where is the bunny?Arin: Oh God.Suzy: No... no...Arin: No, no, no. No-no-no.Suzy: Oh my God, you guys are like slowly unraveling.Barry: I can't, I can't-Arin: Where's the fucking RABBIT, dude?!
- "We're in a good spot, guys"
- The Dark Security Booth of Butt-Clenching Suspense
Suzy: Uh...Arin and Barry: (Inelegant Blubbering)Suzy: Game over? Did we break it?Arin: No, I think we're just waiting'til 6 am. (whimpers)Barry: I think we're fine. I think-Suzy: Are you serious? Oh, we're still playing!Barry: You know what, I think we're gonna make it out juuuuust fine.Arin: Yeah? You think so?Barry: (sing-song) Five Nights at Freddy's~Freddy: SCREEEEEEEEE!
- Part 3 has the Grumps give a comment that's Hilarious in Hindsight for those who know the Back Story.
Barry: What if they run on souls? What if they run on Satan?
- "Have you ever met a party duck? I have not."
- Arin's Freddy voice.
- Chica stays in the bathroom for quite a bit.
Suzy: Wow, he's still peein'!
- For the nervous, butt-clenching sort of laughter, try to keep count of how many times the Grumps are looking for Freddy on Night 3, without noticing his eyes leering at them from the shadows.
- They finally experience the joy that is Foxy.
- Are the Grumps Determinators?
Suzy: We're over halfway done now, so we can't just quit.Barry: No, this is the perfect time to quit, so that no one can see how far we can fall. 'cause there's plenty of falling left to be fell.(ten traumatic minutes later)Suzy: Next time on Steam Train, see us complete level four and possibly level five.Barry: No, it's not happening. It's not gonna happen-Suzy: We can totally do it. We just gotta dry off all the sweat, and take a little break.Barry: I gotta take a shower, I'm covered in sweat and fecal matter from my clenched butt!
- During Night 4 they start talking smack about Freddy, only to quiet down in case he's listening to them.
Barry: (as Arin checks the cameras) No Freddy, alright. Things are great.Arin: Freddy can fuckin' die, dude. I mean-Suzy: Dude.Arin: Maybe he can hear me, maybe he can hear me and that's a bad thing to do.Suzy: I wouldn't put it past this game.Barry: No need to reciprocate their hatred towards us.
- Barry is not very reassuring.
Arin: Ducky, show stage... fuck, where the fuck is Freddy?Barry: Don't worry about Freddy, he'll come to you. No need to look for him.Arin: Yeah, that's what I'm worried about!Barry: Oh. Oh, then, God, be terrified!
- Suzy notes Chica bobbing her head to What Is Love.
- Ross creates Ego Raptor in Sims4. Hilarity Ensues.
Barry: Are you gonna make a house for him?Ross: Yes, that's what I'm looking for actually.
- Equally funny, Ross' a complete amateur playing this game.
- They place Arin's toilet and bathtub outside, directly pointed at the neighbor's house.
- Part 2 has Ross love making ghost babies.
- Sim!Arin talks to a hot girl.
- Ross creates Sim!Dan second.
- As Dan & Arin meet, a blonde does pushups on the sidewalk.
- Ross makes Sim!Dan & Sim!Arin flirt. And kiss. And become a couple.
- Dan takes a bath while Arin uses the toilet. On the front lawn.
- Ross gets them to stay the night together.
Barry: Are we writing a fanfiction?Ross: Yeah. This is straight up Tumblr peer fanfiction.
- The game opens with radio banter.
- Huh, what's that?
- That bush looks shifty!
- Hmm. Is that blood?
- A man runs back into a toilet.
Suzy: He's got shotgun diarrhea!
- The Grumps encounter their first scare.
- Arin presses an elevator button, only for a man to fall down the shaft.
Suzy: Hit it again! Hit it again!Arin: More! more! more!Barry: You've killed all the enemies! Game Over!
- Arin becomes an art critic.
- Barry recognizes that hand in the toilet.
- The Grumps observe hanging photos. Especially the last one.
- Someone needs a kiss!
- The Grumps observe the weather.
- Arin makes a friend in a wheelchair.
- Arin experiences his first attack by the inmates.
- Arin fails the simple task of hiding inside a locker.
- Someone's super excited!
- The inmates chase Arin for a v-day card!
- Thank Barry for blurring nudity!
Nothing to see here...
- Barry sees the escape route, only for Arin to double back toward the enemy.
- Arin & Barry sing the "Touch my butt song."
- Arin returns to the game after a break.
- Something Meta about Suzy talking a portal to hell while Arin tries avoiding the Pig Man.
- Barry crosses a line.
Suzy: Ooh. Go to the female ward.Suzy: OMG, Barry.Barry: I'm sorry.
- An inmate gives an odd dance routine.
- Arin nearly returns to Pig Man.
It's not what I want! Not what I wanted!
- Arin's pursued by inmates. And realizes too late.
- Followed by so much Epic Fail.
- A hostage situation gets some weird Mood Whiplash.
Look at that butt.
- The game pauses at an odd moment.
- Arin attacks a woman first according to Ross. And a rewind.
- Stage completion includes electric air guitar.
- Young Ross' story about kicking lamps.
- Part 2 ends with the Grumps going into space. Unexpectedly.
- An arrow pointing to Crystal Pepsi leads to analysis about the drink.
- Followed by thoughts about Commander Holly in cosplay.
- Arin explains the bases to Ross.
- Ross completes a running jump.
- Arin repeatedly falls into space.
- After so many videos with nary a mention, a certain club returns.
- Ross' story of snorkeling in Hawaii.
Damn! Look at that ass!
- Imagine Winnie the Pooh Driven to Suicide.
- Flipping a book looks so traumatic.
- Arin & Ross badly voice characters, followed by Pooh Bear repeatedly dying.
- Arin explains to Ross how the Pooh cast are all stuffed animals.
- Part 2 sadly gives Pooh evicting Eyeore out of his home.
- Ross theorizes the Pooh cast are Robin's sex toys.
- Christopher Robin's swing inspires Ross to share his swinger story.
- Arin & Ross are fans of Arthur.
- Bumblebee's told to finger a butthole.
- Arin trolls the audience identifying Transformers.
- Optimus Prime's Date With Rosie Palms leads to explaining Transformers' innuendo.
- A Transformers' toy resembles an orangutan.
- Ross discovers Bumblebee's true name.
I feel like a gold bug! I feel like a thunder cracker!
- After Optimus laments Bumblebee's sacrifice, Ross & Arin act like a California theater.
- Optimus pushes off a homeless Transformer.
Get off me, you pleeb!
- Arin makes Optimus sit down, drink beers, and watch TV.
- And change channels.
- Arin plays up Optimus fondling the gun turret.
- Ross' Bro-dozer concept. And everything that follows.
- After Arin temporarily leaves Ross, they ridicule one-man let's plays.
- It becomes clear very quickly that Ross is the only one between he, Barry, and Arin to be the only one well versed in Warcraft. He immediately confuses the hell out of Arin and Barry by informing them that the orcs are aliens and that the bird in the opening cinematic is literally a man. When asked how the orcs, being tribal aliens, got to Azeroth without spaceships he talks about the Dark Portal, at which point Barry laughs and makes clear that he really has no idea if Ross is bullshitting them or not.
- Enter the murlocs!
Arin: Whoa whoa, it's a murloc! I know those! I've seen those things before! Those were jokes that have been made before!
- Arin mercilessly making fun of the mouth animations.
- The first part is put in a nutshell by Thrall and Barry.
Thrall: None of this makes sense—Barry: None of this makes sense! I agree, Thrall!
- Arin's amazed a dev is speaking to the player during the tutorial.
- Part 2 imagines the orcs launching a wooden rocketship.
- Ross mentioning hoggers becomes a bit from Arin & Barry about mushing.
- They meet an orc with a pig-mask. a porc.
- So much ridicule over how characters are named.
- Part 3 ends on an unexpected Shout-Out.
- Arin voices a possible scrappy.
- Arin overdoes a rhyming comedy bit.
- Ross reveals soldiers train at a disco club.
- The Grumps realize a man's hair looks like melted butter.
- Ross' frustration Arin & Barry keep spoiling the Lich King.
- Dan annoys the Grumps.
- Arin & Ross lampshade The Problem with Licensed Games.
- The opening cutscene's acting and character models.
- The game opens on peaceful wildlife interrupted by the main characters.
- Oh god, the popping graphics.
- Justin Bieber blinds himself before joining the crew.
- The duck call minigame rips off Shadow Hearts: Covenant.
- Their shock at calling ducks for hunting.
- The bulk of the episode was quite funny but the last ten minutes has footage of Ross and Arin taking a stab at in-door Cricket. The whole time Ross has an enormous mustache drawn on his face, calling back to the better the mustache the better the player.
- Arin blindly playing the game with Ross as the expert.
- Arin discovers he can rub the ball.
- Ross' Australian accent slips through a moment.
- Ross' panic when he begins unexpectedly bowling.
- The Running Gag of the wonky controls.
- The colorful clothing reminds them of Power Rangers.
- Ross calls shenanigans on the Perth skyline copied six times.
- Arin & Ross have a shouting match.
- As this year introduced a new intro for Steam Train, the Halloween version has zombie!Ross piloting the train. With Danny, Arin, Barry, & Suzy sporting monstrous Oh, Crap looks on their faces.
- Barry coughs as the baby gets cake.
- After encountering blurred vision, the Grumps assume the baby's a Furby.
- At Barry's suggestion, Ross busts out his baby voice.
- The baby's abacus completes the Grumps' lives.
- Oh MY God, Arin loves a penguin!
- The background noise is the baby's mom getting three way plowed.
- Don't go into dad's office! The porn's in there!
- The Grumps encounter their first scare.
- Imagine as a horror game, Blue's Clues.
- Danny naming his PC Kwat, inspiring Ross to input similar names.
- Danny is the worst shot.
Ross: Hello, Stormtrooper!
- Ross' baby voice returns as they sneak thru a zombie hoard.
- The one thing everyone wants finally happens: While Ross's looks for a book, Dan performs ASMR.
- Ross leaves an accurate epitaph for Danny.
- Since it's a game geared towards younger children, the sign-up information asks for the player's parents' email. So Ross decides to actually put in his dad's email, meaning they need to call him to get the account activated.
- Before that, something even funnier happens: After finding out that the game won't allow the username "rubberross" (Apparently due to 'rubber' meaning condom), Ross tries "condomross" and it works.
- Ross finally finds the store and buys $99 worth of premium currency... which they shortly thereafter realize he can't even spend because almost everything is only unlocked at a higher level.
- The entire last 20 minutes of the video and their interactions with a player named "Wintertaidthumbs".
- Ross finds out that he forgot to turn off monthly payments for the game.
- Right from the start, Barry wants to know "Why are we doing this again? My day was going so well..."
- Suzy's trying to be the voice of reason, forcing Arin to listen to the tutorial, and when the Marionette begins rising urges him to wind up the music box, but then...
- Suzy points out that with the security room's light bulb flanked by two triangular warning signs on the wall over the door...
Suzy: You guys ever notice that the door looks like a clown, it's got like clown eyes and a clown nose-Barry: Well thanks, now I'm scared of the environment.
- Some Conversational Troping about an Ominous Music Box Tune leads to a short anecdote about how one of Suzy's toys spooked Arin.
- They're not ready for Freddy.
- The end-of-episode sign-off.
Arin: Next time on Steam Train...Suzy: Yeah, find out if we can make it through Night Two!Barry: (mumbling "Pop Goes the Weasel")Suzy: (cheerful) And hopefully Barry's pants will stay clean for another day.
- Part 2 has an interesting opening.
Arin: (pretty good impresson) Hello everybody I'm Markiplier!Suzy: (shrilly) And I'm PewDiePie!Barry: (inexplicably Southern) And mah name is Barry Kramer. I shit my pants!
- By Part 3, Arin needs a break, and Barry gets volunteered.
Barry: (gibbering)Arin: (sipping drink) This game's kinda relaxing when you're not the one playing it.Barry: Aaaah, where's the bunny?!
- In Part 4 the Grumps realize they need help, so call in a real Freddy's expert: Markiplier! At two in the morning.
- For added fun, when Mark is giving his advice, he sounds a lot like Phone Guy.
- How's this for a Survival Mantra? "Fuck you, Freddy, fuck you Freddy, fuck you Freddy..."
- Part 5 has the Grumps reminiscing about Chuck E. Cheese's and other birthday parties. Arin relates how one not-quite-friend once got him a bunch of sea turtles.
Suzy: Why sea turtles stuff?Arin: I don't fucking know, I don't - ask him.Barry: Like ninja sea turtles, or just sea turtles?Arin: Like regular sea turtles.
- "It's 3 am, we might make it." Nope.
- Barry searches for the silver lining.
Barry: Let's just take a moment to... reflect on how good our lives are, that we don't have to be murdered by robot animals, and we can live, learn from this experience... we don't have to end this way, this is a warning-Suzy: Barry? Shut up.Arin: (laughs, sobs)Suzy: You know I love you-Barry: I'm just gonna curl up in my Happiness Blanket. (muffled) My blanket understands me!
- Arin has the hiccups. Ross attempts to cure him of them by promising him 100 dollars if he hiccups again. After a few seconds of silence, it seems like it's worked...only for Arin to hiccup again.
Ross: I will give you a hundred dollars if you hiccup again.Arin:I think it worked...What the fuck. *hic* Ah, I hiccuped!"Ross: No you didn't!Arin: A HUNDRED BUCKS!Ross: No, I didn't hear it!Arin: A HUNDRED BUCKS!Ross: Edit that out!(Flashback to a few seconds ago)Ross: I will give Kevin a hundred dollars if you hiccup again.Text on screen: PAY UP ROSS!
- Arin gets increasingly defensive and loud about their decision to use a walkthrough on a game for young children. Barry decides to just pretend Arin is drunk.
Barry: Arin, what's ten times ten?Arin: Te—seven.
- Also, Arin continually finds himself shocked at just how snarky the walkthrough is, to the point of actually asking the author just what the hell their problem is.
- This series solely consists of Arin, Ross, and Barry — equipped with God Mode and full tactical gear — going around their server and forcing other players to have the Christmas spirit and sing Christmas carols or get put down (in a game where death has very dire consequences). Those who comply are recruited into the Christmas Battalion, and everyone else...
Ross: GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND!...SING US A CHRISTMAS CAROL!Other player: (beat, then runs, and promptly gets shot)Arin: What is everyone's problem with Christmas?!
- The entire exchange with the maintenance guy in Part 2, but in particular:
Larry: Gosh, I'm so sorry you're so busy. How about if I get out of your way? Heh heh, see you later, I'll just wait in my room or something.
Maintenance Guy: (Irritated) Oh yeah, good idea! The sooner you leave me alone, the sooner I'll get this done!
Danny: What a bag of dicks.
Ross: Yeah, what an asshole.
Larry: (Immediately after Ross) Geez, what an asshole!
(Danny and Ross laugh)
Maintenance Guy: Geez, what an asshole!
- It seems that in lieu of Ross's precious 'lick' option he has found comfort in the game's 'undress' button.
Danny: *having some trouble with a button* I feel like we should be able to push that don't you?
Ross: Maybe pull your penis out?
- In part 6, while talking with Char, Danny and Ross discuss the texturing on the walls. Barry starts to zoom in on it, then zooms in on Char's boobs instead.
- After awhile, Barry edits Dan's face onto Char's face to make a truly surreal picture.
- The Running Gag of censoring naked characters with pictures of Dan and Ross, with the exception of the men in the showers. Here, they're censored with pairs of jeans, DNA genes, and pictures of Gene Wilder.
- Part 13 has the grumps accidentally ride the makeshift tram when they didn't intend to. When they take the tram back, Ross comments on wanting to hear music from Wind Waker while they're riding. Barry obliges.
- Kevin adds some sneaky edits with Ross in an eyeless Woody mask. Then the playthrough cuts to showing Ross scaring the badonkers off his fellow Grumps. When he did he was, of course, wearing the mask but Suzy described him as not having a shirt, his underwear pulled up to his bellybutton, and his pants down around his knees.
- The opening promo for Steam Rolled.
Ross: *Standing next to Dan* We at Steam Train challenge Game Grumps to a duel!
Dan: *Suddenly standing next to Arin* We accept!
Ross: *Looks to where Dan used to be* What the fuck!? Who's going to be on my team!?
*Camera cuts to Barry who notices and immediately starts shaking his head no*
- The pouty face of Ross' character head after it rolled in the title sequence late, prompting a "Goddammit, Ross!"
- Barry does not join in with the vocal commentary, using the in-game text chat functions as his medium of commentary instead. This makes his short-lived and soft-spoken deliveries hilariously blunt.
- Which makes the one thing he says at the end of the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive episode all the funnier.
- At one point, the combatants called a brief cease-fire to check out Barry's character's ass.
- When Barry is threatened with being fired he shrugs it off.
- This exchange, signalling Danny and Arin's full transition to Stopped Caring:
Danny: I'm gunna go plahnt da bahmb. Oh no!
Arin: Don't plant da bahmb!
Danny: Dere's a guy dere!
Arin: Hold on, KABOOM!
Danny: (mumbles incoherently)
Arin: I blew off his face!
Danny: Did y- did you?
Arin: Hold on, I can- I thi- Oh wait...
Danny: No! He fe- oh, he fell off the bridge! (begins taking fire from Ross)
Arin: I got 'im...
Danny: (obliviously advancing forward, despite still taking fire) Yeahh! (dies) Ahh! He shot me with a gun!
Arin: (also killed by Ross) I GOT 'IM!
- Their speculations of what SMG stands for.
- "... Suck my groin..."
- "Super Malaysian guppies."
- "Sick marmalade, Grandpa!"
- "SERIOUSLY MOM, GOD!"
- "So many guns."
- "Sad monkey goo."
- The ending.
- The Lampshade Hanging of Barry being able to speak.
Barry: I can talk!
*The others show approval*
Ross: How'd you manage that?
Barry: I used my vocal box! And now I can speak words! *coughs* I'm not used to it!
Arin: Is that the first time you've spoken in, like, forever?
Ross: I think I saw a moth fly out of your mouth.
- Apparently the moth wasn't from Barry not speaking in a while, but rather, in his own words, he was "storing them for later", and that they "kinda taste like Skittles."
- "BARRY WINS. BARRY ALWAYS FUCKING WINS."
- Barry makes an impressive shot to open up the match, and oneshots a worm as a result. Only then does he realize that he just killed his own worm.
- The opening leading to Suzy's debut on the show. Arin, Dan, Ross, and Barry are all laughing playing games while Suzy is surrounded around papers in the corner before informing them that the budget won't allow them to film on the moon...
Danny: *Rips a cartoonish drawing of him on the moon off his chest and stands up* This is bullshit! *Leaves the room rendering his spot on the couch empty*
Arin: Suzy, you're up!
Suzy: Oh! Cool! *Gets up to join them as it cuts to the intro*
- It should come as no surprise that they end up playing Hop and Pop. Again. This time it's Barry in the spiky ball. And as soon as the game starts he begins talking in a not quite pirate voice. Arin eventually asks why he's being so creepy.
Barry: Heeeeere coooomes Yoshiiiii. Heeeeere coooomes Yoshiiiii! Who likes spiky balls? Do you like spiky balls m'dearrrrr? *Ross is popped as everyone else shouts* Waluigi likes spiky balls!
Arin: It's satisfying because you were a meat-shield for me!
- Arin uses a Mega Mushroom to get to the star, squishing Suzy in the process...only to learn the hard way you can't get a star while using a Mega Mushroom.
Arin: *Approaching the star* Yeah, yeah! WHOO!
*Passes the star and nothing happens*
Barry, Ross, and Suzy: ...What? *Barry starts laughing*
Arin: You can't get it when you're big? YOU CAN'T GET IT WHEN YOU'RE BIG!?
Ross: That's awesome! Ahahaha! Ohhh, that's funny. You fucked up. You fucked up. You fucked up.
- Suzy fumbling with the ending of part 2 starting with "Next time on Game Grumps" to "Next time on Steam Train" and finally to "Next time on Steam Rolled".
- In Part 3, for the "Take a Breather" minigame, Ross comically obliges and momentarily steps out for the break, so he was out for the entire minigame's duration.
- Barry being prompted to show something in the edit creates a paradox. Later he even prompts himself to edit the video. He claims it gave him a Psychic Nosebleed.
- During the finale, Ross takes a moment during the final few rounds to use the lottery shop, and Arin tells Ross he hopes he doesn't get the gold ball. Then that is EXACTLY what happens, and Ross earns 100 coins, which gives him an absurdly demanding lead.
- Despite that, Barry still catches up to him and wins through a tie-breaking dice roll. Ross goes completely berserk and storms out of the room on the spot. Arin, Barry, and Suzy are completely unfazed and end the episode with Barry celebrating, Arin talking directly in the microphone, and making fun of Ross.
- The opening moments make it clear that Arin, Ross, Barry, and Suzy are all crammed on the couch like sardines.
Ross: Hey, welcome to squish couch!
Arin: Whoooo! Squish couch!
Ross: We thought it would be a good idea to fit all four of us on the couch.
Arin: It was not a good idea.
Ross: It's really hurting!
Suzy: It's really uncomfortable.
Ross: I'm the one getting the blunt end of the stick! When Arin got on the couch I got squished into the arm!
Arin: The blunt end of the stick...?
Ross: Hey, man, it hurts! The blunt end! Cause it hurts.
Arin: The short end?
- And then moments later...
Arin: Alright, first to six!
Ross: Alright, if I could just get my arm in here, Barry...
Barry: Ow! Oh! Oh my god! Oh my ribs!
Suzy: I wish all our viewers could see this right now. They'd be so pleased.
- And then moments later...
- Everyone decides to play as their own characters, except for Ross, who decides to play as "Chinigan," a really dumb-looking Mii who looks oddly like someone else on the couch...
- The island section of the board is named "Chinigan's island", because of Ross's three-story fruit stand on it. The name is kept even after Suzy buys it out for historical purposes.
- Ross constantly commenting on how the shifting game board resembles chopped-off male genitalia (even when it really doesn't).
- In part 2, Arin decides that it looks more like an "ergonomic future lobster".
- Ross becoming increasingly unhinged as the series progresses. At the end of Part 6:
Suzy: Next time on Steam Rolled: Will Suzy finally win?
Suzy: We'll find out! Will Ross final-
Barry: Will Ross finally grow-
Suzy: (beat) Next time.
Ross: No- (episode ends)
- Immediately at the start of Part 8, before the intro even starts, Lakitu causes Ross's best shop to close, prompting him to repeatedly yell "Fuck you!"
- During Part 8, Suzy finally lands on Ross' pimped-out fruit stand. Ross spends the rest of the episode in a joyful mania, complete with gloating laughter and chants of "Ross wins".
Ross: What was that noise?Suzy: Eh, that was me throwing my phone across the room. Hit 2, Ross.
- Even better is when she lands on it in complete silence (as opposed to the Grumps' usual screaming and anger) while Ross and Arin talk, and it takes Ross until after the fact to realize that she just landed on it.
- Or when he's so busy cheering he allows Arin to score a vital property in Suzy's auction with only one bid.
- And then going away from the bank in Part 10 simply because he didn't want to pay more for landing on Arin's property than Barry's, and because he doesn't "look like the kind of guy who cares about things that make sense". Then he lands on Barry's more expensive property on his next turn!
- Suzy's own reaction to landing on the space is also classic.
- PRESS TWO ROSS!
Suzy: Next time on Steam Rolled, come see us murder Ross, cut off his thumbs, and use them to press our two buttons!
- Suzy, finally having had enough, comes up with an idea to fix the problem in classic Suzy chipper cheer.
- In the finale Ross' might fruit stand is finally defeated. He spends the rest of the episode in the back of the room sounding like he's lost the will to live...before doing exactly what Arin and Danny said he does during the October 2013 AMA and starts rigging the game propelling Arin to victory over Suzy who had been winning the vast majority of the series.
- For a part that is both funny and awesome: Just as Ross and Barry are about to win on Peach Beach thanks to a Mushroom, they trip on a banana Ross had put near the finish line the turn before, causing Arin and Suzy to win by milliseconds.
- A minor one, but Ross refers to DK Mountain as "Dick Mountain".
- From Part 2: "Existential crisis, gonna lose my license."
- When Arin's team of Peach and Bowser Jr. wins a round, he mistakenly refers to it as "Team Father-Daughter". Ross instead calls it "Team Bestiality", causing a Squick reaction from Suzy.
- Upon changing battles, the group have to choose characters again. Suzy picks Peach before Arin does, so he chooses Koopa and Paratroopa instead, referring to the duo as the "Koopa-Koopa Clan", or according to Ross, "KKK".
- The Narwhal rap. Just the Narwhal rap.
- Also, the various puns said throughout the match.
- When Ross stabs Suzy's pink narwhal, he cries out, "Right in the pink!"
- After Ross cracks an Incredibly Lame Pun, Arin replies with the driest laugh ever heard on the show.
- Barry wins a minigame, but it becomes a disadvantage when playing the actual Ball Dozer game. He then complains about having such wonderful luck.
- Becomes Hilarious in Hindsight when Barry becomes the lowest scoring player in single digits compared to the other three in double digits.
- Many of the lame jokes coming out of playing the BALL-dozer game.
- During Sketchy Situation, the one-two punch of mass armpit farting, followed by the Grumps imitating Party Phil's voice patterns.
- In "Sketchy Situation" Barry admits that he'd started to draw a computer mouse on his sketch of a keyboard, but crossed it out because it started to look like a penis... not that it mattered, because Ross just drew a penis on his sketch for no reason anyway.
- The end result of Sketchy Situation: Everyone wins!
- In Part 3, they decide to play two out of three. After Arin wins the first round, he reveals he wasn't even trying. Cue Barry sarcastically pretending to be him, giving the episode's title:
Barry: Oh. Arin's amazing at video games! (Complete with thrown text across the screen.) Oh, look at me, I'm Arin...Look at me, I'm so attractive and handsome, and great at video games.Arin: I'm like legit embarrassed.
- Special mention must go to the video description.
- The conclusion, where Barry declares "Winner Take All" (despite having won several matches already) and Arin wins. As Arin declares victory we see on the screen:
Arin Wins! (But Barry Wins More)
- The intro screen for this version of Steam Train is pretty funny.
Barry: [drunken, slurring and flatly] We bought too many beers...
Ross: [ditto] ...now we gotta drink 'em all...
Both: ...so all aboard the Stout Train!
Barry: I love you man.
- Barry & Ross acting Adorkable every live segment.
- For Banished, Barry does so poorly that everyone dies before he constructs a building. At the end, Ross covers Barry's mouth so he can't talk and whispers into mic, apologizing for Barry's incompetence. Probably the first time those words have ever been uttered.
- Barry drunk mousing so much, Ross briefly takes over.
- It's Saint Patrick's Day! So Ross and Barry drink beers and host Stout Train. What is the second game they decide to play after a few drinks? Surgeon Simulator 2013.
- Barry slapping the patient to wake up, losing his watch in the process.
- The possibility this surgeon is applying Open Mike Night at an easily accessable hospital.
- Drunk Barry in his office, from caressing the computer screen to Flipping the Bird to the audience.
- After a swarm of Beedrill spawn during Super Smash Bros., Ross summons his composure to mock Arin's taste in Pokémon.
Ross: What the f- are they Beedrills? Beedrills. You know who likes Beedrills? Fuckin' Arin. What a dipshit.
- This is followed by them denying that Arin's in the room playing Flappy Bird, which Barry confirms by saying he's playing a Flappy Bird knockoff.
- And apparently, Super Smash Bros. is on Steam now. Ross was told this by his Dad Uncle (or possibly Uncle Dad), who may or may not be Gabe Newell.
- Yoshi's Off Model pose looking like Donkey Kong.
- The ending, with Arin filming Ross & Barry smashed drunk, & zooming in on Barry's butt.
- Some of Barry's lines while playing Super Smash Bros.:
Arin: "Pee in my mouth guys!"
- (As Yoshi taunting Kirby) "GET IN MY MOUTH, ROSS!"
- "What's Starmie's favorite band? It's One Direction, because that's the way he faces."
- "You don't remember Plantsaur?...Finding Planteon?"
- "Don't cross the streams; you've seen Ghostbusters."
- This exchange that only alcohol could make possible:
Barry: Can we lower the stock? Five's a lot of stock.Ross: No! Five's fine!Barry: I don't have that many stocks in- in Google.Ross: You can't have a stock in Nintendo because you're not Jappers! ...Nese.Barry: Whoa... whoa.. I don't have knees! I'm just kidding, I have knees. The bee's knees!Both start singing a horribly mangled version of "Cat's in the Cradle".
- The opening promo has the running gag of the gang holding up things that are very obviously not a PS4 as an example of it, including a rubber severed arm and R.O.B.
- The new 2014 "Scream Train" intro takes off of the new 2014 "Steam Train" intro which features the Grumps in a train driven by Ross...except the train is driven by a zombie Ross known as "Rots", and the animated Grumps look terrified.