Ninja Sex Party
is a New York-based
comedy duo consisting of Danny Sexbang (Dan Avidan) and Ninja Brian (Brian Wecht). To date, the band has two albums out: NSFW
(2011) and Strawberries and Cream
(2013). Their next album, Attitude City
, is forthcoming.Their channel can be viewed here
. Also at the moment, Danny is now part of the Game Grumps
, and is also part of its sister show Steam Train
Their music contains examples of:
- Acting for Two - The post office worker and zookeeper in No Reason Boner are voiced and played by Brian Wecht, simply without his ninja mask on.
- Actor Allusion: "Why is that guy naked?" in Let's Get This Terrible Party Started. The naked guy is played by Xan Alda. Also from that video; Barry and Alex Kramer are part of the Jewish country band that are hired.
- Anachronism Stew - Quite a lot of this in "Dinosaur Laser Fight", where they fight with lasers, in space (which was invented by Albert Einstein), with robots and sharks.
- Artistic License - Music - Danny's signature instrument is a blue electric guitar... or at least it's played as one. It's actually a bass.
- Most notably in the Manticore video, where Danny inexplicably plays a face-meltingly awesome guitar solo on the bass.
- Ass Kicks You - The legendary Manticore will "Kick your ass in with his feet, and then kick your feet with his gigantic ass". Although in the video all he does during this line is stick some fried eggs in his pants and flex his crotch until they come out scrambled.
- Blazing Inferno Hellfire Sauce - When Ninja Brian guest hosted for HotPepperGaming, he IS the pepper, to the degree that the one he ingested didn't even cause him to blink through the review (whereas most people paused quite a few times and gave their peppers a five out of the possible five and Arin Hanson gave the Habanero pepper like a thousand), rating the pepper 0/5.
- But Not Too Gay - If We Were Gay is a speculative song about what the world would be like if the duo was gay. However, Danny's quick to assure us that if they were, it'd be mostly Brian.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall - Brian's been known to do this, such as the end of their video for The Ultimate sandwich, where he is shown to read the on-screen subtitles while Danny speaks in spanish.
- The Cameo - Jon Tron, of the titular channel and Game Grumps fame, guest-stared in "Let's Get This Terrible Party Started".
- Cargo Shipping - Invoked and taken to an absurd degree with Objects of Desire, where Danny confesses to his girlfriend that he's had sex with every single inanimate object in her house.
- The Casanova / The Pornomancer - Subverted. Danny likes to think of himself as this, but the outcomes of his music videos tend to imply otherwise.
- Comedic Sociopath - Ninja Brian. He's either killing someone, or thinking about killing someone. Usually someone nearby. Usually Danny. Best Friends Forever directly addresses this and how big of a problem it is for Danny, since Brian ends up killing all his friends (and then him).
- A Date with Rosie Palms - Next To You, where Danny gets rejected by a girl but says he's happy to just be friends. He then spends the entire video stalking her while masturbating.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu? - During the outro for Let's Get This Terrible Party Started, Brian stabs and kills Slender Man, who is generally considered unkillable in his own mythos.
- Do Wrong, Right: When Ninja Brian kills Ninja Jim in Best Friends Forever.
- Early-Installment Weirdness: The first music video, "I Just Want To (Dance)". It's not as overtly sexual in subject matter as future songs would become, with Danny even implying he's not interested in romance anymore, and most notably, Ninja Brian is unmasked and singing at one point. Just as well, Danny states that prior to becoming Danny Sexbang, he'd been "the toughest fucking ninja that you've ever seen", even saying this to Ninja Brian, who doesn't seem to object, implying that this is true. This is later proven wrong so so so many times.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs - Ninja Sex Party taught a science class about laser-toting dinosaurs in space.
- Evil Counterpart - According to Danny, NSP has a rival group called Samurai Abstinence Patrol. We have yet to see or hear from them, though.
- Foreshadowing - In the aforementioned "Let's Get This Terrible Party Started" video, there is artwork of both Danny and Egoraptor, foreshadowing Starbomb, a collaborative album between the two.
- Danny has mentioned on a few occasions he wants to introduce a rival group called Samurai Abstinence Patrol, but he hasn't been able to find a good way to incorporate them yet.
- Half the Man He Used to Be - Danny at the end of "The Ultimate Sandwich", as a result of I Ate WHAT? below.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Sexually Active Today? - Basically every other song the band sings.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners - Danny and Brian.
- Hypercompetent Sidekick - Ninja Brian seems to have many more amazing skills and powers than Danny has.
- Psycho Sidekick - He's also murderously insane.
- Bumbling Sidekick - Inverted; Brian seems much more successful at his chosen skill set (a.k.a. murdering) than Danny is at his (a.k.a. seduction).
- I Ate WHAT? - The look of Ninja Brian's eyes says it in "The Ultimate Sandwich!" when Danny mentioned that for practice, he screwed Brian's blueberry muffins, when he's eating one at the moment
Danny: Oh... but... not the one you're eating right now, Brian... Alright, I fucked that muffin too!.
- I Come in Peace - The martians made that approach to the laser-toting dinosaurs. They got themselves obliterated instead.
- I Need to Go Iron My Dog: During No Reason Boner.
Danny: I have to go...I have a, uh, doctor's appointment at the dentist.
- Lampshaded a few lines later when he admits it wasn't his best lie.
- Again, during Three Minutes of Ecstasy
Danny: I have to go to the... uh... the pudding store, for... uh... for pudding.
- Improbable Weapon User: In the video for The Decision, Danny throws his dog at a mugger.
- Informed Attribute: Invoked. Danny is the world's greatest lover...according to himself.
- Intercourse with You: Most of the band's songs involve Danny attempting to have sex, to varying degrees of success.
- Leet Lingo - FYI I Want to F Your A
- Major Injury Underreaction: Many, many examples, usually involving Brian killing Danny in some fashion. The best example comes in If We Were Gay, when Danny just says "ow" and "ouch" repeatedly in a Dull Surprise manner as he falls down the cliff.
- Matzo Fever - Danny at least thinks of himself this way, being a Jewish lover. He does however have his share of turnoffs for comedic effect.
- McNinja - Ninja Brian is "Japanese, or possibly Irish," according to this video.
- Memetic Badass - Invoked with the manticore, which literally invented death and all things that are bad.
- Also invoked with Ninja Brian in general, since he has killed several people, including The Slender Man.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot - In the band name, as well as quite a bit of their music. Unicorn Wizard is basically this trope in song form.
- Psychic Powers - On two occasions, Ninja Brian has shown to have the ability to cause people and buildings to explode with his mind.
Danny: Alright this party sucks, Ninja Brian, explode this building with your mind.
- Raging Stiffie - Danny tends to get these a lot. Particularly featured in the aptly named No Reason Boner.
- Recurring Extra - Dan Hodapp, known as the character Roger, appears in the vast majority of their videos.
- Sex Is Cool - The operating principle of the band.
- Special Effects Failure - Invoked as part of the band's visual style in their music videos. It's done intentionally cheap, with d-grade costumes and props, and blatant, obvious use of green screen. They even use MS paint drawings on occasion for diagrams.
- Speed Sex - Parodied in Three Minutes of Ecstasy. Danny doesn't see it as a problem, and in fact makes it out like anything more would be too much of a good thing.
- Suspiciously Specific Denial - In part 1 of the Sacred Chalice, Danny backpedals after saying he hired a hooker to join the party, saying it was another robot and definitely not a hooker.
- Take That- When listing the things that Brian likes to suck (dicks), one of the images that flashes by is Mel Gibson.
- They Killed Kenny Again - Brian kills Danny a lot in their film clips, but Danny always comes back.
- Though some fan speculation claims that Danny magically replaces himself with the deliberately bad dummy they use as part of the band's deliberate Special Effects Failure.
- Third Wheel: Brian comes off as a very creepy version of this at times, such as when he's casually sitting next to the bed with Danny and 'your mom' at the start of The Ultimate Sandwich, or when he's hanging out in Danny's bedroom while he's trying to seduce Kristen in The Sacred Chalice.
- Party Of Three is essentially this trope, though Danny seems pretty cool with it. His date, however... Though her reaction is justified as Brian's killing spree escalates.
- Up to Eleven - Unicorn Wizard is about if Danny was even more awesome than he already is.
Danny: What would my life be like if I turned that shit up to eleven (out of a possible five)?
- Vitriolic Best Buds - Danny and Ninja Brian. Though it's less verbally vitriolic and more Danny makes fun of Brian and then Brian kills him.
- The Voiceless - Ninja Brian never speaks, except for the one very brief moment where he did a tiny duet with Danny in NSP's debut video "I Just Want To (Dance)".
- Beware the Quiet Ones - NEVER mess with Ninja Brian. In fact, even Danny had on multiple occasions been on the receiving end of his wrath.
- A Wild Rapper Appears - And got immediately offed by Ninja Brian in Party of Three. He was played by Arin Hanson.
- Your Soul Is Mine - The Manticore, who will steal your soul, then have a threesome with it and your girlfriend.