Creator / Egoraptor
"I did it. I accomplished my dreams and now I'm dead."
Arin Hanson (b. January 6, 1987), better known by his internet alias Egoraptor, is an accomplished and popular web animator
, voice actor, rapper, and Internet personality.
His best known animated work is the Awesome Series
, while he also has a huge following for co-hosting Game Grumps
as Grump alongside Not-So-Grump aka Danny Sexbang of Ninja Sex Party
. (Not-So-Grump was formerly Jon Jafari
until he left to focus on his own work.) Arin and NSP have collaborated to form the musical act Starbomb
In 2013, Arin got married to Suzy Berhow, who works on sub-series of Grumps
including being a recurring guest on Steam Train
, co-hosting Table Flip
, and playing with Arin in Date Grumps
, a special Valentine's Day series.
Series Egoraptor has worked on (or been involved in):
Tropes Egoraptor displays:
- Art Evolution: His work has gotten noticeably more refined in the years he has been animating.
- He views his time working at MTV negatively for, presumably, a variety of reasons. But the main reason or at least, the only one he's willing to discuss, is because they never let him grow as an artist. MTV wanted his work to look as bad artistically as Awesome the Hedgehog.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Arin is famous for being extremely hot in drag. Have a look for yourself.◊
- The Berserker: As far as his Let's Play career goes, Arin prefer rushing in swinging wildly and hates being made to wait around or strategize in games. This is one of the biggest reasons he is such a detractor of 3D Zelda games such as Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword.
- Bishōnen: Arin is very in touch with his feminine side.
- Blade Lock: With OneyNG in Lightsaber Fightsaber: Episode IV. The sabers end up being pushed out of the way, allowing the two to kiss.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Cluster F-Bomb/Sir Swears-a-Lot: Lampshaded by Egoraptor himself in Sequelitis. Collected here.
Egoraptor: I know you're not a stupid kid, 'cause I say "FUCK" a lot and you're okay with that.
- Complaining About Shows You Don't Watch: Arin is one of the most well known detractors of the game The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. However, he has admitted he not only never beat the game, but didn't even play it very far before giving up on it altogether (that point being bomb bowling, which apparently Arin could just not figure out with the motion controls).
- Deranged Animation
- Happily Married: To Suzy "Mortem3r" Berhow as of October 25, 2013.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With JonTron, and later on with Danny. Even though Jon now lives in a different state, all three are still very close friends.
- Also with Tomamoto, with whom he co-created Girl-Chan and who has voiced in many of his cartoons.
- I Can't Dance: Arin has repeatedly stated that he's not good at dancing despite competing in season 3 of the Youtube reality competition show Dance Showdown. He won the season anyway.
- In the Style of...: His Console Vs. PC video is done in the style of John Kricfalusi's cartoons, specifically Ren and Stimpy.
- In Touch With His Feminine Side: Oh is he ever. He was reportedly more interested in feminine culture as a teenager, has said that female characters appeal to him, and makes for a questionably attractive woman◊.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: He has two cats, Mochi (who is the "darlingest... PIECE OF SHIT") , and a second, younger cat named Mimi, who was a kitten around the time Game Grumps started.
- Large Ham
- Man of a Thousand Voices
- Masochist's Meal: His guest appearance on Hot Pepper Gaming. The thing nearly kills him.
"There's one thing I didn't mention, I forgot, my mouth is fucking burning."
- Mondegreen: His video "Blanka Makes Pound Cake", which has a punchline of Ryu saying "I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!", referencing his pronunciation of "Tatsumaki Senpukyaku".
- Orphaned Series: The Awesome Series has become less fun for him to create as he can't think of any jokes.
- In his own words, "Nobody wants more Lemon and Bill" note .
- Pet-Peeve Trope:
- Read the Freaking Manual: Rails against this trope (as it pertains to video games) in the Megaman Sequelitis. He's adamant that a game should not require the player to do anything other than play the game, and that manuals and tutorials are bad things. Instead, he points to the opening level of Megaman X as a shining example of teaching the player through gameplay alone. This attitude carries over into Game Grumps, where he has a noticeable habit of ignoring tutorials of any kind.
- Renaissance Man: Arin is an accomplished artist, animator, voice actor, writer, entertainer, and rapper! Who knows what he'll take on next?
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: Arin's cat, Mochi, the darlingest... piece of shit!
- Self-Deprecation: Egorapture
- Smash Cut: Used to full comedic effect.
"Gawd these FUCKIN LIP—!"
"I WISH I WAS PLAYING VIDEO GA-"
- Almost every transition in the Sequelitis series cuts Egoraptor's dialogue off.
"Let me level with you for a second. Electrical Engineering? Pretty smart. General Relativity? Pretty fuckin' smart. The Intro Stage In Mega MaFUCKING. GENIUS.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Defied but parodied. Egoraptor himself joking invoked this by proclaiming to be God, but in real life he's said many times he's not a person like that, and was open to the idea of hanging out with some fans in an interview.
- Stealth Pun: Bill is a bullet. Bullet Bill. Also, both Lemon and Bill are ammunition.
- In a short about a Literal-Minded man, his nametag says "Philip K. Literal". He's literally Mr. Literal.
- The Teetotaler