"My name is James Farr, and I'm a professional nerd. When I'm not writing comics, or directing shows for other people, I'm at home making shows for myself. To that end, this channel represents all the things I love the most. Animation, innovation, and the best family a fanboy could ask for."James Farr is, aside from the mind behind Trains Formers and Xombie, a popular YouTube animator, best known for his "Saturday Morning Multiverse" series of mash-ups, with each half of any crossover being a perfect fit for the other: examples include Teenage Mutant Koopa Troopas, Blink To The Future, and Super Mario Busters. His most ambitious project to date, Super Smash Wars , has gotten so big (started as a standalone parody of A New Hope and got a surprise two-part sequel in January 2014) that it deserved a separate playlist.Future fans beware: his videos are made of references. MANY references. And awesomeness, but that's almost needless to say at this point. Just watch his work and be amazed. To wit, he might have deserved his place in the same pantheon where Egoraptor, Monty Oum and Alvin Earthworm can be found. He even was asked to do the annoucement trailer for Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove.Check out both his website and his aforementioned YouTube channel. And feel free to add examples for tropes featured in works that don't have pages yet.
James Farr's works contain examples of:
- Adaptational Villainy: Mario as The Shredder, while in turn the Koopa Troopas (possibly the Koopa Bros.) get some Adaptational Heroism as the titular TMKT; justified as in the crossover, each character plays a role. Same goes for other examples in Super Smash Wars, such as Linebeck and Solid Snake.
- Adorkable: If you thought Egon couldn't be any more adorkable, check out the two Super Mario Busters videos. He's played by Luigi.
- Art Evolution: His earlier videos were already gorgeous to begin with, and have only gotten better with time. Super Smash Wars is a sight to behold.
- Cool Car: One of the highlights of Blink To The Future is a TARDIS crossed with a DeLorean.
- Composite Character:
- Mario as Han Solo, Luigi as Egon, Link as Luke Skywalker, Samus as the animated Statue of Liberty, you name it.
- Crossover: Specializes in these. Notably, his crossovers are more like mashups of two different universes, and counterpart comparisons are directly avoided in that the mashed up characters provide a perfect fit for each other (Donkey Kong as Chewbacca is the first among many examples).
- Humongous Mecha: Remember the Statue Of Liberty in Ghostbusters II? Guess which character is used in the mashup. It's Samus.
- Ms. Fanservice: Daisy as April O'Neal and as Janine.
- Pre Ass Kicking One Liner: Mario as Peter delivers an amazing "Happy new year!".
- Promoted Fanboy: He was a fan of the Toejam and Earl series, and when a new game was announced in 2015, guess who got to make the announcement trailer?
- Punctuated! For! Emphasis!: One of his videos begins with the humorous warning "So. Many. References."
- Reference Overdosed: Good God. The Super Smash Wars series takes the cake, as the Star Wars characters are mashed up with people coming from all over the Nintendo spectrum, even including Smash Bros's third party characters.
- Stock Scream: The Wilhelm Scream features Once an Episode in the Super Smash Wars series and in The Wiivengers.