Pretty much any time pokecapn is surprised or flustered, and descends into gibberish
, profanity-laced screaming
or simply screaming like a girl
See also: The Funny entry for the Sonic '06 playthrough
- At one point, pokecapn had this brilliant idea to use a table to reach over a ledge in one of the level hubs. And then Sonic spin attacks it. The group's reaction to it was priceless.
- medibot claiming that, like Kirby Super Star and the Great Cave Offensive's treasures, every single collectable actually has its own specific identity. He then went on to, during the course of the LP, name all 288 of them, individually. (This may also qualify as a Crowning Moment of Awesome for medibot.)
- Also, the goons missed out on several collectables over the course of the game. One can only wonder what else medibot would have come up with if they had managed to collect everything.
- Kung-Fu Jesus starts poking fun at the "successful quicktime sequence" noise:
*game makes a "ding-dong" sound* Kung-Fu Jesus:
Someone's at the door! Medibot, get my door. Medibot:
Yes'm. *door opening sound; MyNameIsKaz enters the room* Kung-Fu Jesus:
OH WAIT, THERE WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE AT THE DOOR?!?!
- As is customary, the immediate defiance of advice regarding hazardous terrain.
"Be careful not to fall, huh?"
*Sonic slowly edges towards the balancing beam and immediately sinks into the water like a rock.*
*Everyone present starts laughing*
- When a gang of Mooks pursues Sonic relentlessly in the Mazuri hub and the goons are wondering why pokecapn doesn't just kill them:
pokecapn: Well, like, I hit them and it doesn't really do much... 'cause they don't die.
*The mook he just punched dies*
Kung-Fu Jesus: Really.
- "You punched the cutscene into him!"
- Kaz goes on to voiceact Professor Pickle in all of his appearances. Not only is his impersonation spot on (including skipped text), he later voiceacts all identified items in the subsequent Sonic and the Black Knight LP (even while cooking them dinner), leading the others to question if he has a compulsive disorder.
- pokecapn begins Windmill Isle Act 3 Day... and proceeds to grind right into oblivion.
medibot: [after rambling on about a collectible] ...You're dead.
- pokecapn and crew find a Jessica Simpson album in Skyscraper Scamper!
- The goons begin to wonder what it would be like if the Werehog was voiced by Macho Man Randy Savage. The results are hysterical.
- "The Power of Thinking" may be the best episode of the LP, where after spending hours slogging through Werehog levels to collect medals, they get to enjoy one of the most insane of the Sonic levels.
- "Please. Professor Pickle is totally going to team up with Doctor Eggman, and they'll form Team Pickled Egg."
- "Press X 60 times!!!!! WHAT THE FAAAAUUUUGGGHHHHK!!!1!"
- This moment:
(Sonic runs into a pillar, coming to a halt)
Kung-Fu Jesus: In fact, I've willfully forgotten such a thing.
- Eggmanland's opening cutscene has Eggman's PA shout: "Sonic! If you have any complaints, please report them to me in person. If you can, that is!" Throughout the level, the posse actually draft a letter of complaint.
- A massive epic failure of the camera.
- Sonic grunts and then falls off a platform for no reason.
- While pokecapn wanders around in the hub level looking for the next stage:
Kung-Fu Jesus: Definitely go down there.
medibot: There's nothing down there.
pokecapn: No, we've been there.
Kung-Fu Jesus: No, go down there.
Kung-Fu Jesus: Yes.
medibot: No, don't do it.
pokecapn: (jumps down there)
Yes, I tricked you. (Evil Laugh
) You're such a penis.
- Tempting Fate:
IlluminatusVespucci: I don't think it's possible for these levels to not go fast.
Actually, that is very not true, because I can do this
- "I think when you get hit you die, but not in the way they want you to."
- The collective reaction to the hyperdetailed sandwich.
- In part 28, the gang come across a monster that reminds them of the Elementals from Sonic '06. They have a discussion on the differences between the two beasts — which culminates in a spot-on jab at Sonic Team's business practices during the making of '06.
- The first ten seconds of the LP are already pure comedy gold, as KFJ and company start shouting along to the splash screen music: WOAOOOAAAAAAOAOAAAAH!!
NoTimeForSocks: There's something wrong with you guys, seriously...
- "You haven't seen the last of the gay pride movement!"
- Their reaction to the Lady of the Lake (Starts at 7:47). Sonic's onscreen actions only accentuate it.
medibot: Mother of shit!
- Just before the final boss battle in Black Knight:
Gawain: You fool! This no longer has anything to do with chivalry!
Kung-Fu Jesus: I decide when chivalry applies, and now is not the time!
Sonic: It was never about chivalry for me...
Kung-Fu Jesus: It was all about being summoned here for some reason, and now you're letting me the fuck back, or I swear I will take this broken sword, and shove it so far up your ass—
pokecapn: SHUT UP.
- And then there's medibot going off on a tangent about Octorok Krispy Kremes... really, there's a crowning moment of funny just about every time medibot opens his mouth.
- Part Crowning Moment of Funny, part Crowning Moment of Awesome, accidentally finding out that they can combine different types of Wisps.
- Throughout the Level Ate world, medibot drools over the food. "Pancakes... golden pancakes..." Also cake strata and "Candy rocket!"
- The whole debate about the self-repairing cake.
medibot: Remind me why we don't like Eggman when he can build self-repairing cakes?
- Hedgehog pupae.
- "Larva, pupa, hedgehog."
- "It's a pupa, it has no hands or wrists or boots... slots. Boot slots. Feet."
- Their discussion of an Awesomeness Detection System, and saying that Sonic would need a freeform Attitude Detection System instead. "Yeah, we need a button for attitude."
- Trying to see if they can suck and blow at the same time. Really.
- "Dr. Eggman isn't really a people, he's more of a collective..."
- Pokecapn remarks that a level seems pretty easy so far. Guess what happens a couple seconds later...
- The entire first half of the Nega Wisp Armor fight. Especially when they find out it can combine Wisp abilities.
Announcer: Cube! Laser!
[A specific array of cubes come crashing down, followed by a laser reflecting off of them]
IlluminatusVespucci: Yeah, he said "laser".
medibot: Cube laser!
Oh my God! Didn't see that coming, did ya, bitch
- Before the Sweet Mountain boss:
Sonic: Experience has taught me to investigate anything that glows.
MyNameIsKaz: Sonic spends many hours of the day staring at the sun.
- The balls touched.
- For several seconds, in the credits, several of them sing part of the theme of Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt.
- During the game's special stages, KFJ tries to figure out what all the developers were smoking to make the kaleidoscope-style backgrounds, based on their color (i.e. red pepper flakes, salt, oregano...), culminating with this discussion:
Kung-Fu Jesus: The color lavender?
pokecapn: Lavender is a plant.
Kung-Fu Jesus: (laughs) ...you’re joking, right?
- A game of Paddle Battle quickly devolves down to Kung-Fu Jesus grunting. REALLY LOUDLY.
- "HAHAHA!.....HAHA!!.... YEEAAAA!!!.... RRUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!... URRGHHH!!!... YEAH!!!"
- The Running Gag of medibot being good at minigames involving plants because he is a botanist.
- This dialogue:
Medibot (playing as Luigi): I have extraordinarily long legs, I was bitten by a radioactive leg.
Kung-Fu Jesus: You're not allowed to say that!
- Made even funnier in Mario Party 3 when Luigi metamorphoses into an even leggier version of himself. Waluigi.
- Game: "Bowser Ran!" Medibot: "That's right, you better run!"
- Kaz is the prettiest magical princess.
- You mean MASTER OF DEVILS.
- At one point in Mario Party 2, everyone starts vocalizing their characters' taunts instead of simply using them. Except KFJ, who despite a game effort simply cannot do the Yoshi "zip-zip" with his mouth. It becomes funnier when Yoshi switches to his Yoshi's Story voice in later installments... and Kaz can do the voice better than KFJ ever could.
- "Honestly, rolling low is like the worst, because you can get a bonus star if you move around a lot." Cue KFJ rolling a 1 and scoring a star through a hidden block.
- Mario Party 3 has a match of Slap Down that medibot wins handily.
- Their first house rule of choice is "Wario Party", in which no one gets to see the instructions before each mini-game. This can lead to hilarity. For an excellent example of why, observe this game of Hide and Go BOOM! from Mario Party 4.
- This moment at the start of MP 4:
Kung-Fu Jesus: If you complain about our handicaps... I'll find you.
medibot: He's not kidding, I'm not the first medibot.
- Kung-Fu Jesus (as Yoshi) builds up a star lead in 4 before being forced to play a pachinko Chance Time and giving away several stars to pokecapn. While the hosts wave at him happily.
Kung-Fu Jesus: "Thanks for getting owned, Luigi!"
medibot: They didn't even get your name right.
- Mario Party 4: "You wanted a game with some semblance of fairness to it? Too bad, Waluigi Time!"
- The entire running gag of Kaz's increasing frustration at how everyone wins the roulette wheel except him. He eventually gets his moment.
- Mario Party 4, during the Avalanche! minigame. Pokecapn has built up a substantial lead, KFJ and Kaz have just been swept up by the avalanche and medibot looks not to far behind. Pokecapn then takes this opportunity to gloat:
- Booksquirm from Mario Party 4.
pokecapn: Harry Potter and the Get Fucked!
- Kung-Fu Jesus passes Boo and chooses to steal coins from pokecapn. "22? You kidding me?" Seconds later, he's revealed to be exactly right. This leads to an argument about his imperfect precognition that devolves into whining, while Kaz is overwhelmed by the power of devils.
- "A true Rasta-man does not gamble!"
- In Mario Party 5, Kaz gets chased by a herd of stampeding thwomps at the end of the Squared Away mini-game.
- Don't forget the penguins pushing pokecapn off the edge!
- Mario Party 5, turn 31. They play Submarathon, and it takes them a full minute to figure out how to move.
- This little gem from KFJ after losing Big Top Drop:
- In Mario Party 5, medibot, as Waluigi, has been holding a Bone capsule at some point. KFJ, as Yoshi, lands on a Chain Chomp space and chooses Waluigi as the target, not knowing what the bone would do to Chain Chomps, despite pokecapn having explained it earlier and pleading with him not to choose Waluigi as his target. The result is the Chain Chomp gets lured away from Waluigi by the bone, causing pokecapn to cry out in Angrish, all while berating KFJ for being so stupid. Of course, KFJ's blood alcohol content at the time may have had something to do with it.
- Even more hilarious, briefly beforehand, KFJ, sick of the Wiggler Space, declares his anger at it, and erases it. This prompts Pokecapn's voice to become strained and tearful as he berates KFJ:
Pokecapn: Do you realise what you've done?
Kung-Fu Jesus: I have eliminated a source of income.
Pokecapn: You've broken the Contract!
- Mario Party 5, turns 41-45: Kaz dueling medibot for 1 coin.
- Even funnier is right after, when the goons try to pronounce "un coin" in French. It ends with something sounding like a pissed-off duck.
Kung-Fu Jesus: Indeed.
- "Woodpecker butthole."
- pokecapn plays a Duel Minigame against a now-silent medibot that's called "Piece Out". To pokecapn's horror it turns out to be a puzzle minigame. medibot thrashes pokecapn, who struggles to find the goal of the minigame. The minigame is about to end in a flawless victory for medibot, prompting pokecapn to start panicking.
pokecapn: I...I don't understand! I don't know how this game works! SEND HELP!
- At the end of turn 10 in Mario Party 6, they play the dreaded Fruit Talktail, which medibot rightly fears when it's selected. One word:
- The microphone itself has learned to fear that word. See Mario Party 7. "Did you say Grapes?"
- The first instance of medibot's "You're Lousy!" taunt in 6.
medibot: I didn't know it would do that!
- Its usage near the end of Mario Party 6, which 'defeats' Kung-Fu Jesus:
medibot: I need bigger numbers to come out of my number box.
Kung-Fu Jesus: You need to shut the hell up.
Waluigi: You're lousy!
Kung-Fu Jesus: Ohhhhh, I've just been owned!
- Early in Mario Party 6, they have a lackluster game of Burnstile. It shows up again as the final minigame, and this time the teams are more fair.
- During Mario Party 6, Kaz bakes some cookies for the posse to eat. But then they notice that Kung-Fu Jesus has not eaten one yet.
Kaz: How are the cookies?
pokecapn: (muffled) They're fantastic.
pokecapn: (to KFJ) Eat a cookie! What's wrong with you?
medibot: (muffled) I'M FULL OF THE DEVIL!
- Something happens to the recording in Mario Party 7. KFJ and pokecapn decide to investigate.
- In Mario Party 7, Kung Fu Jesus tries to confuse the mic.
- OOOOOOH, ELMO HAS THE POWER OF DEVILS!
pokecapn: What is the sound of 3000 mice clicking "unsubscribe"?
- "WELCOME TO HELL." "Oh I've been there. It's sunny. You wouldn't think so being-" "THE SUN...THE SUN is because we recently re-adjusted the blinds. On the windows TO HELL!"
- In Mario Party 7:
MyNameIsKaz MOTHERFUCKING EAT IT, DONKEY SCHLONG!
- "Skating-board is for cool kids only!" is made especially funny due to it being a Call Back from long ago.
- "The bombs touched."
- In Mario Party 8, everyone's reactions to the candy powerups. And medibot finally starts saying "Delicious."
- When starting Mario Party 9, pokecapn goes to the handicap menu to "carry over" their totals from Sonic Shuffle, but his method of deciding handicaps leaves everyone with zero Mini-Stars anyway.
- To clarify: pokecapn gets zero Mini-Stars for being Knuckles, medibot gets zero for getting last place (which he didn't), Kaz gets zero for winning, and Kung-Fu Jesus gets zero for entirely forgetting Sonic Shuffle.
- Mecha Choice. "WE DIE, WE DIE TOGETHER!" Which leads to both of them getting first place and realizing that's a viable strategy when down to two players in that game.
- The Reverse Minigamenote . Cue everyone getting into position to get squished by a Thwomp, except for medibot, since he doesn't trust Bowser.
- pokecapn's repeated utterances of "Boner!" in Mario's voice.
- "Why am I wearing an adult diaper?"
- KFJ slipping into a Plinkett impression towards the end of Mario Party 9.
- It's like something out of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog.
Kung-Fu Jesus: Oh my God, we foiled Eggman's stupid plot!
- WHY DOES THIS GAME EXIST!
- "I'm Amy!" "No, you're not!"
- A mini Humiliation Conga for Kaz: The wing that he's on blows up out of nowhere, causing him to lose 30 Rings. Then KFJ uses a Medium to call all players to the space he's on, preventing Kaz from using the hammer space that was right in front of him. While this is happening, pokecapn is flipping out over the random explosion and KFJ is talking in a hilarious voice. It's a lot funnier than it sounds.
- When MyNameIsKaz gets the most emblems as part of a bonus, pokecapn lapses into Buffy Speak Talk regarding one of the bonus conditions.
MyNameIsKaz: I won the most duels...
pokecapn: Piece of shit! You won just because of that stupid-ass fuck thingy?!
KFJ: Yep, he just won because of that stupid ass-fuck thingy.
Stupid Games Done For Money
- The Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) 2D segment, which somehow practically recreates the original's flaws. This includes the battle with Silver, to their horror.
medibot: Now we're playing Sonic Two Thousand Numbers!
- A lot of the funny comes from the other guys having to explain to Kaz that yes, Sonic really did have to balance on a big plastic/metal ball in the original game, and yes, the boss fights were exactly that goofy and stupid.
- "Which half of a dick is the second half?"
- Kaz going on a tirade during the Egg Wyvern battle in his Prof. Pickle voice. One guy proceeded to ask if he can read Harry Potter in the voice.
- Not just a tirade, a tirade of the Surreal Comedy Stylings of Twitter spambot Horse_eBooks.
- And then he used the same voice to recite lyrics from "Hollaback Girl".
- "Cats are about as smart as babies, right?"
- The posse have a Kraft Cheesy Skillet meal. Medibot responds appropriately.
- "So it's still cheese; it just got stopped partway through." "So it's a cheese abortion."
- Medibot's reaction to not being able to eat the food in The Sunset Rubdown.
- Calling the people monitoring the chats "zookeepers".
- The horse alarm story.
- From God Hand: The posse critique academia and take the opportunity to sing along.
- Kaz's "Speed Run" of Super Metroid, in which Samus creates a new dance sensation, the others snark about Metroid: Other M, and Kaz faces danger under pressure.
Now you have to precision wall jump
MyNameIsKaz: (hyperventilating) Uhhhh, too scaryyyy...
Kung-Fu Jesus: I give you one, maybe two chances to fuck up.
pokecapn: What happens if you do?
MyNameIsKaz: I die I die I die I die I die... (brave leap! ...onto false spikes and the escape tunnel) I chicken out!
- "Sonic the Floathog": Kaz's existential horror about the whole matter ("Is this what it's like to planeswalk?" "It's actually much worse."), Pokecapn's nonchalant declaration that "I'm near the whatsit teleporters. The ones that go zip." And, of course, discovering Knuckles' secret power.
Kaz: [right after Hydrocity Zone Act 2]
...what did you put in the noodles?
Kung-Fu Jesus: What do you know, we have a donation. $5 from David, who says 'Sonic the Hedgehog causes existential despair.'
pokecapn: Three hundred dollars for 'OH GOD, STOP PLAYING.'
- "Why is there a cutscene?" *Sonic shrugs* "And Sonic doesn't know either!"
- Chekhov's Chili Dog:
pokecapn: "So, at the end of the game he'll pop back out into his own world and then catch the chili dog!"
- Speeding through both acts of Green Hill Zone, and getting an S Rank in both...
pokecapn: ...I MAY have played a demo or two...
- ...Only to get their first death seconds into Chemical Plant Zone Act 2.
- The return of the horse alarm story.
: [medibot and I] were gonna go be wizards together
, but it was late at night, so we both slept. He woke me up with a horse.
medibot: I woke everyone up with a horse.
- "You're like a squirrel, you have to leap to your death just because you saw something..."
- It's not an official LP episode, but... THIS happened in Speed Highway. The video name is even a nice callback to the American Sonic 3 manual.
- At the beginning of this video, pokecapn constantly boosting to make it look like Sonic is skidding his way to Speed Highway, along with their chanting "WhoooAAAooooAAAAH!" It has to be seen to be truly appreciated.
- In Modern Speed Highway:
medibot: I have one of those in MY office!
- In Classic Speed Highway, seeing a sign in the background which says "Chao Gelato: DELICIOUS!" which happens to be one of medibot's catch phrases.
- Their reactions to the GUN Truck in both versions of City Escape, but especially Classic.
medibot: This is the angriest truck in the world!
- pokecapn's multiple Epic Fails in Seaside Hill, especially him falling into the SAME spike trap THREE TIMES in Act 1.
pokecapn: Ah, fuck it, let's just go. *starts boosting through water, runs out halfway through* OH! OUT OF BOOST! *dies*
- On the subject of Crisis City, the 10th episode in the LP ends with them having unlocked the final set of levels, each one from a game they've previously LP'd. There is absolute silence as they're shown. You can practically feel the Oh, Crap at seeing Crisis City.
- In Crisis City Classic there's pokecapn's reaction to the fire tornado dragging the goal post away.
- In Planet Wisp act 1, they get caught in the 2 springs facing each other. After easily getting out they just go back in there.
- Their reactions to seeing Sonic snowboarding up a tower, getting hit and awkwardly falling back down to his death.
- From the same video—the boss fight with Silver yields quite the Catharsis Factor...
- The fight with the Egg Dragoon... set to Sonic Boom. It matches up perfectly with the cutscene, and they even point this out.
- The ending cutscene has this gem.
Sonic: Hey Sonic! Enjoy your future! It's gonna be great!
- Some of the music choices they make during the their skill runs can be quite hilarious, such as "A New Venture" during a mission with Espio. They lampshade how it fits the level itself, but at the same time doesn't fit the mission.
- Here, all are pokecapn.
- In one of the missions from Crisis City, the goons start discussing about how an Iblis Biter was awaiting Sonic behind a pillar of fire. They then liken the pillar of fire to a chocolate fountain. The discussion only gets funnier from there.
pokecapn: Yeah, if you want to move the goalpost, that was in the last video.
- From the last video:
- A Call Back to the Sonic And The Black Knight LP that lapses into an invocation of Book Ends before going off on even funnier tangents
- Pokecapn demonstrates how to exploit a good bad bugs.
- In episode 1, the guys go into the settings... and Kaz sees that there is a "Handicap" option.
- A wonderful moment of (unintentional?) dickery on the part of KFJ.
- At one point in 2-1, the path branches into three, so the posse splits up. Pokecapn chooses the correct one, which also appears to hold three large green Force Gems, and congratulates himself... only for the supposed Force Gems to reveal themselves as enemies, causing him to turn tail and run while the others arrive and fight them off.
- pokecapn, at the result screen of World 2-1 after being accused of being a screen-looker: "I am good at numbers, and watching things go up and down."
- In 2-2, while hunting for the final step in the trading quest, medibot and Kung-Fu Jesus pick up Cucoos then start chasing each other while My Name Is Kaz digs beatboxes. Take that, Johannes Kepler.
- Followed by their reactions when they realize that the final step was a magically summoned house.
- pokecapn upon discovering shortly after that you cannot, in fact, use cuccos to fly.
pokecapn: This game is garbage ass shit for poop-fuckers!
- pokecapn's response to Wizzrobes that steal Force Gems.
medibot: He's casting a powerful spell!
- On the Mountain Path, while Kaz helps pokecapn get a Hammer, Kung-Fu Jesus and medibot decide to put out a fire on the mountain. Kung-Fu Jesus heads to a cave to get some water, while medibot tries to use a bomb, with predictable results.
- In the Tower of Flames, medibot (accidentally) takes two Heart Containers for himself, so Kung Fu Jesus throws him into a nearby lava pit.
- Then, not two minutes later, KFJ gets slaughtered by, as a YouTube comment puts it, Punishment Tiles. Even he admits it's probably karma.
- Volley, By Golly is just amazing.
- The entirety of the 5-3 boss battle against Phantom Ganon. Between their attempts to volley their respective energy balls back at him, their shock at the last one switching things up, the signal dropping in the middle of the fight for a while (leaving you to speculate what's going on), finding out they have to go through the entire ordeal three times, breaking down and trying to kill each other and steal force gems mid-boss fight, to medibot constantly trying to maintain his 666 gem count, it's just a constant stream of hilarity.
medibot: Everything you read on TV Tropes is true.
- Wealth Redistribution Bombs.
- "Let me tell you about my Homestuck/Zelda theory..."
- Rupees for everyone!note
- Shortly after, Kaz flips out at medibot for chasing after Force Gems again, much to the amusement of pokecapn.
- The Tower of Winds has two in consecutive rooms:
- First is pokecapn going after a Force Gem that's spawned on the bottom floor with manic determination, wooping and giggling the whole way.
MyNameIsKaz: What is wrong with you, you fiend?
medibot: There was a thing.
- The second has KFJ, who'd hated being picked up by the others right from the start, finally lose it and go on a button mashing rampage, coming only one press from quitting the level, all while pokecapn is still giggling manically.
KungFuJesus: GODDAMN IT!! DON'T PICK ME UP!!!
- From the same video, pokecapn laughing gleefully when Kaz gets Thwomped.
- From the end of 8-2, "What's in the box!"
- Pokecapn, again, manages to steal a valuable Force Gem from Tingle... only for Kaz to steal it from him! He reacts as expected. Notably, it's the only time he's actually upset about something being stolen from him.
- One of the comments on the youtube page for world 3-1 asks why pokecapn is consistently getting Hero of Darkness votes even though he's providing useful advice. A comment that responds to it says that he's the one who made the posse LP Sonic 2006.