open/close all folders
- DeceasedCrab's reaction to La-Mulana 's Brutal Bonus Level Bragging Rights Reward. A description would do it injustice, so skip to 3:17, look away between 3:27-3:35 if you don't wanna spoil the treasure for yourself, and enjoy!
- There's also a moment a few videos earlier, where he finally makes a series of difficult jumps he spent a greater part of the earlier video trying to clear... only for his keyboard to start screwing up and send him flying into a pit. Cue Big "NO!".
- Even sooner: After escaping from the Land of Hell after falling through two fake floors into a pit, "I'm not falling back into the Land of--" note *falls into the Land of Hell, followed by seven seconds of silence* "Just listen to the music and think happy thoughts!"
- "AAARG! WIZROBE MUST DIE! (pause) Get my flare gun. Get my flare gun. Now is the winter of our discontent. CATBALL, LEND ME YOUR STRENGTH!" (Also doubles as a Crowning Moment of Awesome)
- Hey La-Mulanites! Hey La-Mulanites! Hey La-Mulanites!
- He has another hilarious freak-out early on, shortly after going through a difficult string of Sequence Breaking to find not the item he was looking for, but the Flare Gun.
- "A bridge. Bridge over the Ri--FGHDFGHDGHDFHFDGHGFHDFGH--BD--JFD!" Context
- "This game is not about forgiveness, or caring, or the triumph of the human spirit. This game ran over your dog when you were very young. This is that sort of game." - Let's Play La-Mulana, Part 16
- DC's normal stream of consciousness humor turns into a torrent of madness. A cake with nutmeg written in blood. Not a cake with blood written on it with nutmeg. He made that very clear multiple times. Even he gets unsettled by it as the tirade ends.
- When Mulbruk starts talking about her father's past and mentions him working with cloth. DC gets really, really quiet all of a sudden, and mutters "No". Three guesses what was going through his brain right then.
- "I'm DeceasedCrab! Let's play La Mulana! Let's go back to Hell Temp—oh, not Hell Temple..." Yep, he's doing it again, with friends along to laugh at his misfortune. The highlight of the first video is at about six and a half minutes in, but it's all gold.
- Opening the way to Hell Temple, he slowly loses his sanity.
DC: Eleven... Twelve... The death of all things... Fourteen... Blood blood blood...
- Every time something crushes him. Must be the Stunned Silence.
- His encounter with the remake's bridge. There are no words.
- Part 6, MadamLuna tricks him into activating hard mode. Pretty decent revenge for Shadowgate.
- His reaction to the La-Mulana 2 announcement:
- DC's epic freakout during his Let's Play of Rockin' Kats soon after finding out about the Brutal Bonus Level after the end credits.
- "I'm DeceasedCrab...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!! *Willy spazzes out and jumps into a nearby water trap.
- Some might say that the DC Let's Play with the absolute highest laugh-to-time ratio is... Tetris. That's right. First he plays a regular game of A-type, ranting and rambling randomly all the while.
- "I guess you watch this because you don't have time for good games. Ooh, look at me, I'm gonna watch DeceasedCrab play Tetris and rant like a crazy old man. Hoo hoo, he's so funny. Why don't you say 'bake sale', DC?''
Shadowgate (with Madamluna)
- DC and Madamluna's LP of Shadowgate, with Madamluna doing a blind run and DC acting as her navigator, has more than its share of hilarious moments:
Madamluna: Hey, now I can take the cloak.DeceasedCrab: You COULD... *waits until she takes it* ...it's CURSED!Madamluna: *loud gasp* IS IT!?!?DeceasedCrab: No.
- Probably the best part is when DC's constant leading Madamluna into traps finally comes back to bite him in the ass.
DeceasedCrab: Try going to the left.Madamluna: Okay. This little ro- *the player gets crushed by a falling ceiling.* ...what.DeceasedCrab: You forgot to check for traps. And you failed your saving throw.*several seconds of silence*DeceasedCrab: I'll just... hit that button there. *loads state* Uh... Madamluna's having a... vocal malfunction right now. She looks pretty angry, though.*a few more seconds of silence*DeceasedCrab: Like REALLY angry. Oka- *is cut off by Madamluna hitting him repeatedly*
The Chzo Mythos
- This YouTube comment from his LP of Trilby's Notes:
3. And lo, the Tall Man did banish the Crab to the very Temple of Hell itself. And the Crab fought desperately against the madness therein. And finally, with his body wracked, his mind flayed, and his soul crushed, the Crab reached the Temple's secret treasure. And the Tall Man warned that it was not for eyes such as the Crab's. But the Crab heeded not the warning, and seized the treasure.
And gazed upon his folly.
And the Crab knew the name of the King.
- Trilby Clones! *plays The Price is Right fail noise*
- While Headdesking can be heard.
- In the first game, while setting up the final scene, he decides to sing a little song to himself.
When the Welder comes on byJust hold your head up highBut don't look backCause he's got a macheteAnd he will make you die
- Also, episode 20 of his Let's Play of Maze of Galious, in which he wakes up to find that the Maze of Galious logo has been replaced with La-Mulana 's and the sprites of protagonists Popolon and Aphrodite with those of Lemeza and Shorn. A nine-and-a-half-minute freakout, which can only be described as Hell Temple shellshock, ensues. He made the La-Mulana spritesheet, so his freakout was more or less fake. It was a rather convincing one, though.
- One of DeceasedCrab's funniest moments was when he Let's Played Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus...an hour after getting his wisdom teeth removed...while listening to Manowar. Did I mention that it wasn't a blind run? And he was still loopy from being doped up on painkillers?
- Deceathed Cwab angwy!
- His going insane from Eversion leading into the epic slaughter-run of Iji is geting there. He's already ended up killing Iji at least twice, once in favour of a jet bike (ok, Jet Bike, but still!), and I have a feeling it's going to get worse from here.
- Also the run-through of Wacky Races with his commentary on it's weird attacks, silly levels and baddies, and the part when he gets distracted by his cat.
- "Hey DC, do you know what the best part about Arkanoid DS is?" "What?" "Gold blocks!" "GOLD BLOCKS!!"
- The lava level from his LP of Aladdin on the Genesis.
- DeceasedCrab: *Loses his last life...for the second time* ...Next time on Let's play Aladdin, the search for MY PATIENCE! WHERE IS IT?! NOT HEEERE!
- The. Jellyfish. Song.
- DC and Madamluna doing an LP of Deadly Towers:
DeceasedCrab: I'm DeceasedCrab!Madamluna: I'm Madamluna!Both: WHY ARE YOU WATCHING THIS?!
- During DC's StarTropics LP, where he expresses a craving for coconut milk several times before getting some and trying it on-mic at the start of one episode. He finds it disgusting and spends the rest of the video trying to get the taste out of his mouth.
- What happens when you put DC on painkillers, tear his gums apart and make him play a game involving careful manuvering? You get Minotaur in a China Shop.
Deteethed Crab: All I wanthed to do ish shell my goosh and shervishes!
- More dental troubles:
Madamluna: "I'm Madamluna!"
Deceased Crab: "And I'm Deceased Molars!"
- Another round of dental work and painkillers results in... Hexagon!
IMMA SEAT CRAB I DIDN'T BRUSH ENOUGH I HOLE YOU BRUSH YOUR TEEF YOU DI'N'T LISTEN - HI'N'T LISTEN
- After his first playthrough of Way, DC attempts to find another player. Holy Diver ensues.
- This also provides the perfect lead-in for when he does get to play again in "Proof".
- Because Deceased Crab prefers avoiding the use of cuss words in his videos, one might find his LP of Don't Shit Your Pants to be very funny.
- DeceasedCrab and Madamluna intentionally screwing up the pronunciation of Death Adder's name all because of the intro calling him "Death equals Adder". They continue to flub his name throughout the Let's Play.
- His reaction to beating the final boss of ''Kero Blaster'':
You have died of dysentery! I mean, lasers!