open/close all folders
- Part 3 of his Alien: Isolation walkthrough has his incredibly freaked out reaction to the Working Joe androids. So freaked out in fact that he shoots at one and provokes a hostile reaction, not knowing that the androids are non-hostile in this portion of the game.
Mark: DON'T FIVE NIGHT AT FREDDY'S ME YOU PIECE OF SHIT! (fires)
Markiplier (dying laughing): Hahahahahahahahaha! I STEPPED ON HIS TAIL!
- Another incredible moment happens when he throws a noisemaker... and it clips the desk in front of him and falls right next to him!
- He threw another noisemaker, really far away... and it clipped itself onto a reactor and back to him. He got up, got out, and gets bum-rushed by the Alien, who pushes him to the floor.
- The third time's the charm - he sent another noisemaker at a lower level, which attracted the Alien. Mark, being Mark, embellished his hope that the Alien would focus on the noisemaker more than him, quickly saying "Stab it! Stab it with your tenis pail!" He meant penis tail. The look of instant confusion on Mark's face is priceless.
- Another time he huddles by a door and outlines a plan to juke the xenomorph so he can escape to an objective; as he's doing this, the alien literally walks right past him and stands a few feet away,' causing Mark to blanch in terror. Thinking on the fly, he decides to try and ease his way out the room behind the alien while it's distracted. He does so and turns his back, only to be greeted by an enraged shriek and a penis-tail through the chest. However, he actually busts up laughing at his death this time because:
Markiplier: (playful voice) What is that? Better go check that out, huh? That's weeeeeird, isn't it?
- In episode 8, Markiplier accidentally sets a Working Joe on fire, which causes a chase around a stairwell and adjoining hallway. The Working Joe catches up to him and moves to throw him at a wall and choke him, but instead throws him right at the Alien, which kills him. The way the animations are chained together, it looks like the Working Joe threw him at the Alien intentionally, like they were wrestling tag team partners.
- Episode 8 gets several based around Markiplier getting the flamethrower and the increase in confidence that comes with it.
Working Joe: You are carrying some very dangerous items.Markiplier (aiming the flamethrower): I KNOW! You wanna' taste of it, bruuuh?Markiplier:You know, if this was Dead Space the Necromorphs would have a feeding-Xenomorph drops out of the vent in front of himMarkiplier: GAH, ok, oh, ok (draws and fires flamethrower) GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! LIGHT IT UP, BABY!
- Every time he throws a noisemaker, and then talks to the xenomorph like it's a dog he's playing with.
- "Thank you, space butt-hole, for letting me crawl through."
- His thrilled expression watching the reactor core overload in episode 12.
- At one point, Mark finds a little blue bobble toy and starts bobbling along with it with his arms up for a few seconds.
- His playthrough of Dark House.
- In his playthrough of the Amnesia: The Dark Descent full-conversion mod Killings In Altstadt, there is a soundtrack bug that causes the background music to be stuck in a loop of a cheerful tropical tune, which is the Shop theme from Ocarina of Time, and Markiplier is forced to play with the bugged music for at least another ten minutes. The bug eventually drives him crazy enough that he tries to kill the main character by jumping off a tall balcony repeatedly. While crying. Here's the video's full description: MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MARK IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP
- Becomes especially funny near the end, because the first time he jumps off the balcony, it does stop. But then it starts ALL OVER AGAIN. It's like the game was being a troll to Mark.
- Unfortunately, a false copyright match has caused large portions of the original video's audio to be removed. However, a quick Google search yielded another copy, which still has its audio intact.
- During the last segment of Amnesia: Rain, Markiplier thoroughly explains how much he loves meat. And then this slips out:
Markiplier: "My mouth is just watering at the thought of that giant juicy sausage! Ahhh, I can't wait for the flavor to blow in my mouth..."
- Haven't seen much of Markiplier recently? The Servant Grunt and SCP-173 explain why.
- From his Let's Play of Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs:
CHILD: This way, Papa - come and see!Markiplier: (heading down the stairs) I don't think you're real! Or if you are- (the house trembles, and the chandeliers shake) Okay, you're real! You're real as you wanna be, just... be real!
MARKIPLIER: I knew it was gonna be a trap! I had a feeling... then I had that other feeling that you get when you land on your ass, and your legs go inside of you! It's a bad feeling...
- Later on in the LP when Mandus activates the Machine, the sound it makes gives us this little gem.
Markiplier: Okay, I built a Reaper apparently...
- His commentary after a staircase collapses from underneath Mandus:
- Later on in the LP when Mandus activates the Machine, the sound it makes gives us this little gem.
- Early on in the 4th and last part of his Amnesia: The Four Horsemen playthrough, Mark attempts to scare the viewer, but messes up his sentence. He ends up walking into a monster while explaining. And it promptly nearly kills him in one hit, then finishes the job in the second.
Markiplier: I know that at any moment something is gonna pop out at me. Like that thing standing at you… Standing at, Nevermind! Goddamit, I was trying to spook ya but it didn't work. (opens door with monster behind it) It's that thing staring at you- AAAHHFAAFEERISH!
- At the beginning of the last episode of the Amnesia mod: When Life No Longer Exists. He finds a nude guy hanging by a noose, whom he proceeds to poke and prod with a chair, as he laughs and proceeds to "push the naked dead body". He then looks at the camera, and realizing he's being recorded, sheepishly does his introduction.
- This entire episode in his playthrough of Amnesia: The Great Work itself is guaranteed to make you laugh hard. But two moments stands out, which is...
- Him getting stuck inside the terrain two times with little to no interaction at all.
- His dumbfounded reaction to getting the black powder. What makes this even more funnier was that the black powder itself was in the same chest that he searched many times already.
Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy
- While his playthrough of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is funny all the way through (mostly because of his perpetual frustration with how hard it is), just watch his many attempts to beat the infamous "The High Road" and not laugh at his repeated failures.
Five Nights at Freddy's
- The start of his "Five Nights at Freddy's Fail Compilation".
Mark: Hello, Freddy...you're doing your short song, aren't you? (room goes black) Yep, you're doing your short song.
- Most of the video is about what you'd expect from a Let's Play Death Montage, but in one take he seems more amused by the power outage cutting Foxy's jumpscare short than anything else.
- His reaction to the 6th Night of Five Nights at Freddy's.
Mark: Hello, everybody, my name is Markiplier and welcome back to F-UCK ME!
- The entirety of his FNaF playthrough is hilarious (well, when it isn't being terrifying), he hurts himself multiple times during the jumpscares, his reaction to Golden Freddy appearing in the security room, at one part he speaks about some of the fanart being produced of the animatronics, and when he unlocks the Custom Night he immediately sets all of the robot's AIs to 20 and gets killed three times in the first hour.
- At one point on the 2nd night, he gets very worried:
Mark: Ooh, I'm not gonna have enough powertosurvivethenight! My butt — is gonna be munched — I'm gonna be shoved inside a teddy bear outfit — and they're gonna laugh!
- The stilted, strained delivery is what really sells it here.
- His first sight of Foxy peeking from the curtains on Night 2 sends him into a panic, shouting "HI PIRATE COVE MAN!!" and causing him to frantically check on him. Then he panics again when Foxy moves to Phase 3 (standing outside the curtian ready to run) with "HIHAWHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT OF YOUR COVE?! PLEEEEEEASE GO BACK IN!!". A couple of minutes later, Mark checks the hallway camera and sees Foxy sprinting down the hall, sending him into a a total panic as he's unable to close the door in time and Foxy kills him.
- After spending seven hours trying to complete 4/20 mode on the 7th night (all 4 AIs set to a difficulty of 20), he finally completes it and explodes with joy. Also doubles as a Moment of Awesome.
- On Night 4, Mark listens to Phone Guy's call with increasing fear and dread as the animatronics close in on Phone Guy. In fact, he listens so intently that he forgets to check the cameras. Foxy decides to pay him a visit before the call ends.
- On the fifth day, he expresses confusion when the phone starts ringing, since the Phone Guy died yesterday. When the call picks up, he drops his jaw in horror as it plays horrific noises.
- On his video of completing 4/20 mode, both Bonnie and Chica show up outside his door. His response? "Great. Bring the whole family."
- The first four seconds of the 4/20 Fail compilation. The funniest intro ever, and a great tone-setter.
Mark: 'Cause what would it be a party without my good friend, Mr. Bun-Bun... and Mr. Happy-Duck... Mr. Quacky-Smack.
- Also, the progression from Mark being startled by each death to him being alternately completely unfazed and cursing up the storm every time he goofs up.
- His referring to Foxy as "Pirate Cove man" on the first night is actually rather entertaining.
- Him nicknaming all of the characters is hilarious.
"Oh, God, I'm never gonna make it because he's still there! Go away! Nobody likes you!" (opens door, Bonnie is still outside) "HE'S STILL THERE!"
- DON'T YOU DA-DA-DUM-DUM ME!
- DON'T YOU DUM-DUM-DA-NOBODY! YOU DON'T DUM-DUM-DA-DO!
- On a similar note, but regarding Freddy instead of Foxy: DON'T YOU HA-HA ME!
- Mark is so distracted by the fourth night's phone call that he doesn't notice Foxy coming until he comes up to the door... before the call is even finished.
- At the start of the first video, he makes increasingly shocked expressions as Phone Guy explains what the robots will do if they catch him. Then comes the reveal on Night 2 that there's a fourth one... and on Night 3, perhaps a fifth...
Phone Guy: ...and remember to close the doors only if absolutely necessary.
- The ending when Phone Guy hangs up on him just clinches it.
Mark: THAT'S NOT GOOD!
Phone Guy: Gotta conserve power. Okay, good night!
Mark: GOOD NIGHT?!
Phone Guy: They used to be allowed to walk around during the day, too. But then there was the Bite of '87...Mark: The BITE?!Phone Guy: Yeah...
- There's also an instance where Phone Guy (unintentionally) responds to Markiplier's reaction.
- On one of his 5th Night attempts, Mark yet again ran out of power, and to avoid hearing the loud, mechanical squealing sound of Freddy's attack, he took off his headphones and held them far away from him while looking at the camera. After a brief time cut, Mark, still holding his headphones away from him, stares annoyed into the camera, waiting (presumably) forever for Freddy's jumpscare to come up. A few seconds later he becomes confused as to why he hasn't been killed yet and tentatively starts bringing the headphones closer and closer while looking at the game once more. Guess what happens the instant the headphones are about an inch from his ears?
- During one of the first few days, Bonnie stations himself outside the left door. And just sits there. And sits there. The animated version of this event makes it funnier because the artist depicts Bonnie as first leaning against the door like a creepy stalker, then leaning against the frame of the door when it's opened. His expression the second time is basically, "How you doin'?"
Phone Guy: I also want to emphasise the importance of using your door lights. There are blind spots in your camera view —
- At the start of the second attempt on night two, Bonnie parks himself outside the door just as Phone Guy goes into his explanation of the door lights, leading to this:
Mark: I KNOW!
Phone Guy: — and those blind spots happen to be right outside your door.
Mark: HE IS!!
You do you
- Ducky, Ducky, quack quack quack! Ducky, Ducky, quack quack quack! Ducky, Ducky, go away! Ducky, Ducky, no one loves you!
- "...where's Ducky... where's Mister Ducky..." [sees Chica's Kubrick Stare in the bathrooms and laughs nervously] "...hi, Mister Ducky."
- Markiplier's impromptu poem:
And I'll do me
And we won't do each other
That was a good poem right there.
Mark: "Ooh, I wanna go home! I Want My Mommy!! I want my mommy so — [sees Bonnie in the doorway] — BADLY!"
- Mark's repeated cries of "I'M A BIG BAAAABY!" Also:
Mark: "Let's eat!" Let's eat WHAT?!
- When Mark is looking for Chica on the cameras, he's in the middle of a sentence when he comes across this shot◊ of Chica in the Dining Area, and allows his sentence to trail off into a long, drawn-out "Hiiiiiii."
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
- Like the previous game, this one proper opens with yet another classified ad for a job at the eponymous pizzeria. This time they're offering $100.50 per week, which offends Mark considerably.
"'[reading] 'What — what could go wrong —' Even less money?! Why would you give me even less money than before?"
- "Where's Chica? I haven't seen Chica! Come on, Wind, wind, wind, wind, wind— (Toy Chica)
- Mark's reaction to the jumpscare - pay attention to him on the camera.... "Oh, hi! Hi, Freddy! Is it really game over? Okayyyy...."
- Also, the animated version of Mark's reaction, too....
- "I didn't even see Chica comin'! Aaah, that's not a joke for the Internet to enjoy!"
- The Overly Long Scream that follows.
- Mark's reaction to old Bonnie in Night 3 AAAAHHPUTTHEMASKON!!!!
- His reaction to the death minigames is pretty priceless too. Especially when Golden Freddy makes another appearance.
Markiplier: WHAT THE FUCK?! GOLDEN FREDDY!!!
- Once again he nicknames the animatronics; the puppet is "the baby" and Mangle is "Spider-Foxy" (with references to the Spider-Man theme and The Simpsons Movie, of course).
- In relation to "The baby": "Don't wake the baby!"
- Mark's reaction to old Chica in Night 4 WHOAH!!!! WHOA WHOA WHOA!! Whoawhoawhoa! No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no— (old Chica)
- Mark manages to not notice the date on the paycheck and realize its a prequel, instead thinking it's his character's birthdate.
- "I know there's not going to be a secret - goddamnit, there's a sixth night."
- After being cornered by Old Bonnie for the second time during his Night 3 playthrough, Mark descends into defeat and tabs the cameras up and down - only to find the room empty, and no Bonnie waiting to kill him. There's a half-second long, joyful "Oh, my God..." And then Foxy comes flying down the hallway.
- His fear giving way to mounting frustration on Night 6.
- His reaction when he realizes the second game has a 10/20 mode.
- His Sanity Slippage while playing 10/20 mode. He gives many Death Glares and Aside Glances the more times that he dies.
- Singing to "Pop Goes the Weasel" "I am getting screwed, I am getting screwed, I am getting screwed, very very soon!"
- He quickly devolves into Angrish, saying, "Arrven schnarben barbbles!" and imitates Balloon Boy's laughs with a sarcastic smile.
- "...hi? Hi? HI!! HIII!! HIIIII?! WHAT THE HEEELL?!" His reaction to first seeing Balloon Boy.
"Oh, okay, that's what Balloon Boy does, he stops me from doing what I need to do! Great, now that I've died to everybody, can I move on please?"
- After Balloon Boy disables his lights, leaving him open to Foxy, he says this:
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
- The first episode of his Five Nights at Freddy's playthrough was titled "WARNING: SCARIEST GAME IN YEARS". Continuing in the same vein, he titled the first episode of the second game "SCARIEST GAME EVER MADE". What does he name Five Nights at Freddy's 3's first episode? "WARNING: YOU WILL DIE".
Markiplier: Am I supposed to be—OHHHHHHH (Balloon Boy pops out) AAAAHHFUCK!!!! WHAT THE—— I'M ALIVE?! WHY AM I ALIVE?!?! Oh god what's happening?! Everything's Gone Horribly Wrong!! VENTILATION?! I THOUGHT I REBOOTED THAT!! HUUHHHH.... HHUUUUHHHHHHHH.... HU—(Springtrap attacks him)—AAAAHHWHATTHEFUCK!!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO STOP THAT??!!!! (*game over*) GAME OVER?! Okay! That's what I expected to happen! What I didn't expect to happen was everything else.
- In part 1, when he first gets jumped by Balloon Boy, he expresses great shock at not getting a game over in a moment until Springtrap finally kills him. It's the hilarious way he shouts that really sells it:
Markiplier: WOAHEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!! We-de-de-de-de-de-de-de-friendly hello hi? Hey, how's it going bro? I'm gonna play an—(pans camera and gets jumped) HEYYYY!!!! *:(*
- Later on, Springtrap shows up at the door, and this isn't good....
Markiplier: Oh, boy! So, anyway, what I was trying to get at and what he just said there was that these animatronic... (notices something is amiss) ...WHAZUHZAT?!... (opens camera panel) ...AHHHVENTILATIONERROR... (goes to reboot the ventilation) ...is that the sound of the ventilation error, because I don't think I heard it last time. Probably because I was panicking a little too hard. But anyway... (red lights and alarms in the security room) ...GAH, what are you doing, I just fixed it! You can't tell me that I didn't fix it, because I fixed this, it's clearly being fixed right now! (flips on camera panel) Okay, so anyway, what I was trying to get to is that these animatronic suits (plays audio) Oh, he's already in there. DAMMIT, I just made him go away! (turns off camera panel, and Freddy can be seen lurching outside the office) HEEEEEEEEEY! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?! WHAT AM (Freddy ducks below the window) OKAY BYE! (Jump Scare) AHHHHHHHHHHHHFUCK! GODDAMMIT!
- In part 2, Markiplier encounters a hallucination of Freddy...
Markiplier: If he's just in my doorway, I'm gonna have a nice little tea party with him. (lowers control panel to see Springtrap in the doorway) Heyyy, ohhh, you know what? I just met your friends, like Chica and Balloon Boy came back together, we had a big gang bang together, we had so much fun in a big orgy pile with all the spare parts and — it was great. Lemme tell you! Oh, lemme tell ya all the improvements that Chica's made! Really classed up her face by smudging dirt everywhere, (lights start flashing) and then Balloon Boy, you know, he was annoying before, but now he graduated to terrifying! And you're not listening to me, are you? There's only a little bit of time left before I start blacking out. But hey, I like these conversations that we have, because it gets me and you together, and scientists say that direct eye contact... (blacks out) ...I really fuckin' hope... (Springtrap attacks him) ...AW, GODDAMMIT! GODDAMN! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! (starts Flipping the Bird repeatedly) FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK! FUCKY FUCKY FUCKY YOU!
- Eventually, Mark decides to take an alternate approach to handling Springtrap and starts having a heart-to-heart conversation with him when the animatronic appears at his doorway. Mark continues talking even as the room starts flashing red lights, and Springtrap only attacks him once he starts blacking out. But it was still a valiant effort. Later on, he does it again, and it still didn't work out great....
Markiplier: THE VENTILATION SYSTEM GOES OUT AND THEN THAT SON OF BITCH-Oh hey, heyyy, heyyyyyyyy! I was just talking about you! Oh, we had the best time, you remember? You remember back when I told you to go fuck yourself and you didn't? Oh, I thought that was a very clever choice. You know, me and you get along so well these days. I really feel, you know, staring into your eyes this long, scientists proves it builds a connection between two people-(Lights start flashing red)-All and all, the lights may be blaring but I'd like to think of that the red hot burning love that I feel for you-(Cue 6:00AM) YAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH HA HA!!! (flips the bird with both hands) BOOP-A-DOOP-A-DOOP-DOOP, I DON'T LOVE YOU AT ALL! (Laughs maniacally)
- And after a couple of failed attempts, it finally works.
Markiplier: (jumped by a BB hallucination) Oh, goddammit! There was, like, no time! There was like no time (starts blacking out) oh, goddammit (sees Foxy) ...HI FOXY! (pulls up panel to reboot ventilation) HOW ARE YOU?! YOU JUST GONNA STAND THERE?! OKAY! I got some tea and biscuits, if you want that! That's a cool thing that foxes like, I think! What does the fox say?! What does the fox say? .....that didn't do anything? (lowers panel and gets jumped) OHFUCKGODOHFUCK! Goddammit! I knew something was gonna happen.
- In Nightmare Mode, Mark encounters back-to-back hallucinations: first of BB, then of Foxy, who spends a few moments leering at Mark before lunging.
Markiplier "YOU CAN'T DOUBLE-DATE ME LIKE THAT! NOT WITH CHICA! THE INTERNET WOULDN'T APPROVE!!!!"
- Continuing the trend, Springtrap gets a nickname. What is his? "Bunny Bastard Bitch Balls".
- The part where Balloon Boy pops out right at his face and then Chica scares him double time....
Markiplier: You son of a bitch.
- The outro of part 5. Springtrap and the Fazbear Phantoms spook to the beat of the music.
- Seven minutes in his Aggressive Nightmare Mode challenge, and he looks so bored that he doesn't even get fazed by all the hallucinations anymore.
- At one point he gets Phantom Puppet in his face, and while that's happening he gets jumpscared by Phantom Foxy, and then by Phantom Freddy. After the Puppet leaves, he gets jumpscared by Phantom BB, and then by Springtrap. The way Mark just sits there unreacting as the conga line of scares plays out is hilarious.
- The reaction compilation for his videos of all three games. The subtitles and added visuals just add to the hilarity, especially when the subtitles don't match up to what he's saying.
- After beating the game, he manages to do this.
- Just as he hears Springtrap head into a vent, Mark is informed of a ventilation error.
Markiplier: Ventilatin error! Good, I hope you suffocate!
- The animated video for Five Nights at Freddy's 3 is hilarious. One excellent point is when Markiplier suggests inviting Freddy over for tea, because the animated Freddy genuinely looks polite and friendly until Mark tells him to "go fuck himself".
- One of those videos manages to make you feel sorry for Springtrap when he's crestfallen when he learns Mark lied about his love for him... which is in itself hilarious cause this is Springtrap we're talking about here.
- Also, Springtrap ''twerks''.
- Mark himself commented on the animated video, saying "twerking springtrap is BEST springtrap."note
Five Nights at Freddy's 4
- On Night 1, Mark is in the middle of saying how the first nights were never really that hard in any of the previous games... only to get jumpscared by Chica mid-sentence.
- When he sees one of the miniature Freddy's on the bed.
Mark: Which is actually good for me, for some reason—FUCKTHAT! WHAT WAS THAT?!
- Mark's first active encounter with Nightmare Foxy is almost perfectly comically timed in its execution—he runs up to the closet, turns on the light, Foxy snaps at him, and Mark gives a terrified shriek before he slams the door shut.
- Later, Mark is playing the Atari-style minigames that explain the plot... and is actually jumpscared by the Child's Jerk Ass Big Brother Bully. He briefly looks personally offended by the minigame scaring him.
- Night five has him try to rally...
Mark: But as you all know, I am the KING of Five Nights at Freddy's! And I will not give up my crown to anybody who wants to impersonate a Golden Freddy or Nightmare Fredbear or whatever his name is now! I'm gonna beat him! I'm gonna beat him because I'm gonna be very quiet and I'm gonna listen very closely for him. And he's not gonna sneak up on me!
* almost immediately gets jumpscared*
Mark: Who wants my crown? King of Five Nights at Freddy's crown, ninety-nine cents! Marked down from five! *Beat* Old king sucks dong! Can't play game right!
- Later leading to these lines, after Mark took off his headphones, not willing to deal with yet another animatronic screech:
Mark: I apologize for my cowardice, that crown's still for sale. It's been knocked down to forty-five cents, if anybody wants it!
- Later leading to these lines, after Mark took off his headphones, not willing to deal with yet another animatronic screech:
- And then when he finally beats it:
- Mark: I'll buy that crown back for, like, a dollar.
- In Nightmare mode, upon restarting the game after being killed by Nightmare, Mark played a sound over Foxy snapping at the player. First one is a dog. The second time, is a cat.
- When he sees one of the miniature Freddy's on the bed.
- Mark's sheer horror when he realizes The Puppet returns in the Five Nights at Freddy's 4 Halloween DLC.
"YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THE BABY WAS BACK!"
"My crown is abandoned! My flannel is coming off! Wait, no, that's, no..."
- And almost immediately after he gets jumpscared by him.
- "How do I beat this baby?!" Not something to say out loud.
- Part 2 is funny as hell, especially when Mark encounters Fredbear again. But instead of letting out a scream of horror, he simply talks in a very quiet voice.
- To promote the "Goosebumps" movie, Jack Black plays FNAF4 with Mark and brings his son Sam along. Seeing Jack Black literally leap back in terror at the sight of Bonnie and Chica attacking him is priceless.
Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location
- Part 1:
- Mark objects at length to having to "motivate" Ballora and Funtime Foxy by giving them a "controlled shock".
Markiplier: What?! Why do I want to make them mad?! Why do I want Dancey-Pants to be mad at me?!
- During Night 2, when the lights go out during a system reset and a new, female voice starts speaking, Mark holds both of his hands up, giving the game middle fingers as if warding evil.
- He's projecting his will.
- While hiding under the desk, there's a very soft, childlike voice calling out to him, and after scraping noises, and Mark being silent the entire time, with a look of pure terror on his face...
Mark: (uncertainly) ...Baby?
- When sneaking past Ballora, a sequence that requires the player to avoid making noise and attracting her, Markiplier jumps back when the HandUnit Mission Control loudly points out how long it's taking.
- Mark's freak-out when he finally gets to the breaker room... and sees Funtime Freddy standing right next to him.
- Mark gets startled in the breaker room and does a hilarious dance/battle pose of some sort where he flings himself back and apparently tries to karate chop the voice with both hands AND point at the screen with both hands at the same time.
- Mark objects at length to having to "motivate" Ballora and Funtime Foxy by giving them a "controlled shock".
- Part 2:
- Mark has a brief freak-out on realizing Funtime Freddy moves around the room.
- Mark wonders if the voice of the mascot response audio is coming from Funtime Freddy's Bonnie hand puppet.
- On his way back from the breaker room, Mark has to sneak through Ballora's room again. As he does, Ballora calls out at certain points, asking if someone's there. Mark's frightened reactions are hilarious.
Mark: You don't need to worry about me! I just need to worry about me! And don't mind the yelling! I YELL WHEN I'M NERVOUS!
- When Mark finds a secret death minigame, he gets so into it that he completely forgets that he's there because he died.
- Mark's horror at the story he hears when checking Baby's room on Night 3, which implies the animatronic killed a little girl by crushing her inside of itself. He has a horrified look on his face as he listens then, once the story ends.
Mark: Hoooooo! That painted a very vivid picture of something exceptionally fucked!
- Mark gets killed by Funtime Foxy the instant the AI Phone Guy stops talking at one point.
- Part 4:
- While being guided through the Funtime Auditorium in Night 5:
- While being guided through the Funtime Auditorium in Night 5:
- Part 5:
- The shenanigans of Markiplier and weird reactions about the death minigame continues. This entire section can basically be summed up with Dissonant Serenity
- Baby sets an ice cream cone down, and a young girl slowly walks up to it and her, and Baby, suddenly with black eyes of doom, proceeds to open up her chest and grab her with an ear piercing... scream... or maybe worse, a roar, in the background.
Markiplier: (In an upbeat tone) YEAH! Oh, did I do it? I don't know! Yeah, that's good, yeah, maybe? I don't know! (After a quick cut, he's still happy, even has a smile on his face, even chuckling as he says this) I think I did it, I think I did it! (Cut to the title screen, a star was added to the menu) HEY! YEAH! Hey, look! It's a two star (on the title menu, one for beating the game and one for finding that secret.) It's a two star, (Holds up two fingers on each hand) wait, that's a four star. (Puts down one hand) It's a two star!
- Custom Nights:
Mark: (singing) Hello everybody! Here I am again, Mr. Purple Guy! Living life, loving life, not an animatronic at all! Gonna murder some children because I gotta spread the disease of what the hell I am! Oh boy it's time to go down the street, pick up some groceries and maybe eat some meat! OH I LOVE TO BE A KILLER ROBOT! It's the best thing! (cutscene ends) Oh, I guess that was the end there. I had more lyrics to put into that, but alas! I guess that's what we're doing here.
- His first video of the Custom Nights, he was going to not start with Golden Freddy mode at first, but decided to do it. Then drops this great line.
- When the cutscenes of Ennard-in-Eggs' body slowly decaying play, Mark decides to make his own impromptu lyrics to the tune of the inappropriately cheerful music about Eggs' situation.
- These start off normally enough, but by the time the decay starts to happen, the songs devolve into a mixture of singing, gurgling threats, and choked screaming.
Five Nights at Freddy's Fan Games
- The outro of the first part of Five Nights at Fuckboy's is the Purple Man getting eviscerated by the Spring-Bonnie suit from Five Nights at Freddy's 3's ending, with the annotation "They... they shat on me..."
"God, it's like a flashback to when I first played this game and it was all new, and there was like no story to be found and everything was just new and interesting; and I'm not saying it's bad now it's just a bunch of nostalgia and it's like, oh this time OH SHIT THE PUPPET"
- In the third video Mark actually takes two shots at the beginning, as he began to sober up while level grinding. He then goes to engage the second to last camera, talking happily about the nostalgia he's getting from playing the game... but forgets about the Puppet timer.
Markiplier: *Visibly lost for words* ...What the fuck...Foxy: WHAT THE FUCKMarkiplier: *Laughs* Well that's what I said, Foxy! Jesus!Freddy: rip enragement child
- When BB meets an untimely end in part five of the first game Foxy mirrors Mark's reaction
Markiplier: If you are of drinking age and are participating, I hope that you are drinking responsibly, and please for the love of god don't even think about driving or doing something stupid like calling your ex. That's a terrible idea, don't do it, don't even te- No, put the phone down, put the phone down!
- The game uses copyrighted music during the battles, so Mark has to replace it with other tracks. He fails to notice I'll Face Myself and Pepper Steak though. (I'll Face Myself probably doesn't count, as FNAFB3 had an option to disable copyrighted music, and although Mark picked it, the song still plays)
- In part five.
- In the second game, he's ambushed by Golden Freddy very early on and has no other choice but to watch in horror as he "Yiffs Toy Freddy's dick."
- During the third game, Mark acquires the Hydra Dildo and muses on its possible effects... then realizes, with an expression of purest horror, just what that could mean.
- From his Five Nights at Candy's playthrough, Mark forgets to watch Candy and Cindy for a while, and is startled by their glowing eyes staring at him from the dark. He's also afraid of the animatronic called Blank, due to its Springtrap-like grin and overall state of disrepair.
Mark: So I guess Momo just doesn't want to play anymore—(Old Candy/Momo appears on the camera) Okay nevermind Momo wants to play! Hey, how's it going? Someone heard me talking.
- He pretends to fall asleep at one point in his first video, snoring loudly and mumbles "Candy and Cindy are stupid", due to the former killing him moments before. He then shoots straight up and concedes that he should pay attention to the game.
- Mark believes that the monkey animatronic (officially named Chester) is housing the spirit of Joseph from The Evil Within, and he refers to Old Candy as 'Momo' and spends quite a lot of time staring at him... doing absolutely nothing.
- Many, many things from his Five Nights at the Chum Bucket playthrough.
Phone guy: Hello? Can you hear me?Mark: *yelling into his fists as if they were a phone* HELLO CAN YOU HEAR ME?!
- The 'phone guy' of this game's audio is really loud and is full of interference that is also really loud that leaves Mark cringing in pain often.
Mark: I like how your Southern accent just kinda s-[interruption about needing luck]. I'm gonna need your accent back, because it kinda slipped away as you progressed through your speech.SiC: I take it by the lack of redness spattered against that window that you survived the first night.Mark: And I take it that your accent is still gone!SiC: Anyway, I'll talk with you again tomorrow night. If you're still here, that is.Mark: *mockingly* If you're still here, hurr, well your accent is still gone, so shut the frick up, you frick.phone begins ringingMark: You gonna have your accent back?SiC: Don't worry, this will all be over very, very soon.Mark: Kinda like your accent. It was over very, very soon.phone begins ringingMark: Ah yes, the more pleasant non-Southern Southern person wants to talk to me.
- The 'second in command of the Chum Bucket' starts off speaking with a heavy Southern accent, but mysteriously loses it halfway through the first call. Mark lampshades it constantly.
- On Night 1, Mark wonders where Sandy is. On Night 3, he finds her, much to his horror. Every subsequent time he finds Sandy on the cameras, the camera zooms in on her with a high-pitched screaming sound playing in the background.
- "Oh, I wasn't worried. It was only my CHILDHOOD TRYING TO KILL ME."
- Mark's incredibly girly scream when The Owl kills him in One Night at Flumpty's 2.
- Mark also gets really good at timing when Grunkfuss the Clown comes out, to the point where he shouts sound effects right when he appears. Even if he starts to flub it near the end.
- His reaction to the Eyesaur which causes him to Freak-Out enough that he doesn't notice when the Owl flies in and kills him.
- He then attempts to do Hard Boiled Mode. It goes as well as you expect.
Markiplier: Can I pull this off perfectly is a very good question that everybody's asking me. No! Of course not! I'm Markiplier, I'm gonna find a way to screw it up in the worst way possible! Oh boy, yes I am, yes I am. *laptop runs out of charge* Oh fuck! THIS IS THE WORST WAY POSSIBLE!
- After getting a lot of exposure:
Mark: WHOA WHOA! WHOA WHOAWHOAWHOA! YOU DIDN'T SAY NOTHIN' ABOUT THAT! YOU DIDN'T SAY NOTHIN' ABOUT A FOXY!
- Back in the first game, his reaction to first seeing Grunkfuss is to quickly raise and lower the monitor repeatedly in an attempt to fight him off. This is funny to anyone who knows the game's mechanics because flipping the monitor too much is what makes him kill you.
- Mark first seeing the Beaver run down the hallway to the right door is the first time he actually gets legitimately terrified while playing the first game.
- The Joy of Creation: Reborn is a scary video series. Markiplier screaming at Foxy and the newly updated Chica in an even higher register than he did in Monstrum is the opposite of scary.
- How about the part where he immediately breaks the game less than a minute into the video by falling through the floor? *
- Mark plays the Halloween Edition of "Joy of Creation", which has him avoiding Springtrap by playing noises through the cameras. He accidentally sets off one that's right next to him:
- In this Happy Wheels compilation, he decides to do a ball throw without looking at the screen. "Use the Force" indeed.
- Mark's increasing frustration trying to clear an absurdly difficult segway level in this compilation of the same game. The video is nine minutes long and his attempts to clear it start around the two minute mark. Once he does finally clear it, he passes out from exhaustion and the end-of-video spiel plays slowed down over a picture of him slumped over in his chair.
- Playing the Dark Souls level in Happy Wheels, we have his constant rage after constant rage... It has to be seen to make you realise how hilarious it is!
Mark: (annoyingly) "I spilled my drink!"
- World's 2nd Quietest Let's Play sees Mark returning to whispering through Happy Wheels. Unfortunately for him, his Santa voice does not translate well to whispering, and much Corpsing ensues.
- Now animated!
- In this highlight, Mark gradually gets more frustrated after he keeps on throwing balls into the 'Damn it' slot. It finally culminates with his last ball being thrown into... The 'Jet' slot. Cue him raging mildly.
Hunie Pop Series
- His playthrough of HuniePop:
Welcome back to Honey Pop apparently, because hoo-ney pop is how idiots pronounce it, but that's me! So that's how I'm going to pronounce it from now on.
- Pronouncing the name "Hoo-ney" or "Hyu-ney" Pop.
Love is blind? I think, well I think that's what they say, right? Love is something, anyway. Love is strong? Love is passionate? Love is apparently Candy Crush.
- His reaction to the dates being Bejeweled.
Why, why, why would I need the tissue box? I have no idea. I don't even know what this is. "XXX"? Is this moonshine, maybe? Moonshine Weekly! My favourite magazine!
- When he receives the HunieBee.
Kyu: It automatically registers the info of new girls you meet and can even track their location.
- He then likens it to Grindrnote , which leads to an awkward stumbling explanation of how he knows about Grindr in the first place.
- He opens the inventory and notices it contains a tissue box and a dirty magazine.
Mark: "Bestiality"? I don't want that achievement! NOOOOO!
- His reaction when he finds out Jessie creates videos... of a specific nature. At first he finds it awkward, but then he decides she's actually a YouTuber. Cue Mark picking up about four dollar bills that just so happen to be there, and adorkably tossing them in a "make it rain" fashion.
- His reaction to the outfit Lola wears to the hot spring date? Make a loud noise at the sheer Fanservice. He does it again when he sees her at the beach in the sixth part.
- The Running Gag of episodes beginning with anime-esque openings, as well as the Japanese lessons.
- He repeatedly asks himself why he wants a date with Audrey to go smoothly.
- Mark's reactions to meeting Momo for the first time. Watch as his expression goes from confusion and uncertainty to horror and disgust upon her stating her wish to have a master. He then notices the achievement he's received: "Bestiality".
Mark: Aaah! AAAH! OH, GOD! AAAAGH! OH, WOW! NOOOOO! AAAAAAH! (To Tiffany) Hey, human girl, would you like to go on a date?
- Markiplier's disturbed reactions to Momo thorughout the rest of the Let's Play, like when he gets an erotic photo from her:
"Booty Pop"? THAT DIDN'T HELP ME AT ALL!
- When Audrey sends him a suggestive picture, he decides to censor it with John Cena in a obvious reference to the meme. He does it again for subsequent pictures.
- Along with the caption "Cenasored".
- When he restarts the game after not playing it for a while and she sends him the same picture, he forgets to censor it.
- He tries to choose between two girls but can't find a coin. His solution? Flip his phone.
- When he finally gets with Aiko, he covers her moaning with a Synthetic Voice Actor saying suggestive things. This becomes standard with the other girls he gets with, although with Momo it's just the voice saying "Meow" over and over again while with Venus it's a loop of him saying "OH! Bitch, I'm FABULOUS!" from earlier in the video.
- And now, "OH! Bitch, I'm FABULOUS!" has its own Awesome remix.
- Markiplier's views on aliens.
If we could just build a wall around the Earth, keep out those dirty, darn aliens. Like Superman! [pause, shakes fist at sky] FUCK YOU SUPERMAN!!
- He uses Siri to find a walkthrough so he can summon the blue alien. Only, Siri mishears it as "Booty Pop".
Who is taking the picture? Who took the pic- what ghost was looking over you and took the picture? Who hangs a camera that far above their bed... oh, I see. SHE DOES PORN!!
- When he sleeps with Tiffany, he asks Matt to put a large amount of censors on it. In particular, it's an educational lecture on the solar system, a clip of the Sun exploding, another clip of a meteor crashing into the Earth, two dogs play-fighting, and part of the Bill Nye the Science Guy theme playing over it.
- Nikki sends him a photo of herself in bed.
Mark: I APPRECIATE THIS ONE MORE! HOLY CRAP!
- Mark calls out his "signature move": PENIS-IN-VAGINA! He has to pause from laughing too hard.
- When he goes on his first date with Celeste, she ponders aloud what she should change into. Mark tells her that she is absolutely fine with her boob-window, until she shows up in an outfit that reveals the entire mid-section of her body from neck to crotch.
Mark: ...WHY AM I SO AROUSED BY A YAWN?!
- At the end of another date with Celeste, she yawns and mentions that she should be getting to bed. Mark sits in Stunned Silence for a while until:
- For his HunieCam Studio Let's Play, he invokes Unusual Euphemism by calling the following these things.
- Camgirl business = Let's Play business
- Photo Studio = "taking promotional photos for thumbnails"
- fans = subscribers
- money from camming = "advertising revenue"
- Adult Shop = computer store
- coke (cocaine) = sugar, which is funnier when you consider a certain RPG Mark has played in the past where sugar was a drug...
- vibrator = microphone
- cat ears = logo headband
- butt plug = butt plug
- strip club = yoga club
- sleazy motel = sleep, do nothing else, then mysteriously find (mattress) money
- STDs = (radioactive) spider-transmitted disease
- 11 minutes in through his first video though, he finally decides to drop the act, but throughout his four videos, he goes off and on again.
- In a later episode, Mark looks up his name on Porn Hub.
- While looking at the available items in the adult store, Mark drops this wonderful line.
Mark: I'll need more butt plugs... Oh, the day I was waiting to have to say that! I need more butt plugs! [...] I DEMAND MORE PLUGS OF BUTT!!
Kerbal Space Program
- Mark's many misadventures in Kerbal Space Program:
- His attempt to get a Kerbal into deep space via his Enormous Engine technique has to be seen to be believed.
- From the same video, Danzor Kerman's reaction to his own Disney Villain Death.
- Mark tries to send Kerbals to the Mun, but overshoots while timewarping and accidentally flings them into interplanetary space. This happens to him twice. The first time also counts as an Achievement In Ignorance, since it actually sends his ship all the way up to Duna's orbit. That's right, he shot for the moon and ended up on Mars.
- And then there's the voyage of the Crashy McSplodey, which is ... well, just look at it.
Mark: Sixty jumbo fuel tanks... (several fuel tanks explode) Forty-nine jumbo fuel tanks... Ten... Nine... Eight... Seven... Six... (several more fuel tanks explode) Thirty-seven jumbo fuel tanks...
- Followed up by the Crashy McSplodey 2, which actually works! Kinda...
- His third attempt at a Mun landing goes very well... until he panics in the last hundred meters of the descent and ends up slamming his lander into the Mun at 40 kph going sideways.
- The adventure continues in his 02/20/2016 charity livestream! In which he tries to build a functional Space Plane and does literally everything wrong.
Mark: (reading comments) "Wing flaps"? Wing flaps? Flaps? I don't have flaps! What are flaps? I don't know what flaps are!
- His Drunk Minecraft series can be full of these. Like this example from the first episode when he was considering getting rid of the webcam, to the others' protests.
LordMinion777: Everyone wants to see how stupid you look while you play. beat That sounded meaner than it did in my head.Mark: I will shove a rake up your anus.
Mark: Penises.Wade: All right, this is an episode that's a throwback to Mark's desires— let's get started. I made a joke there, guys-- about Mark and him being a homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with being homosexual, there's just something wrong with Mark being homosexual because it's funny. Because in actuality he prefers sheep...Mark: What?!Wade: ... but he's too ba-a-a-ashful to admit it!Mark, Wade and Bob all collapse (literally, in Wade's case) into fits of hysterical laughter
- Toward the end of the series, Mark, Wade and Bob start getting royally smashed, which culminates in hilarious moments like Mark and Wade goofing around and losing their shit at every opportunity for no reason whatsoever:
- All 30 minutes of the "Where Is Wade!?" episode of Drunk Minecraft. A quick recap: Mark and Bob slaughter a village of innocent moon aliens; discover that Wade has been turned into a block of sand; create a railroad to transport Wade's body back to their spaceship; Markiplier goes insane due to having Wade's body in his possession; and they finally make it back to Earth and create a monument to Wade.
- In the first Drunk Minecraft episode, something happens that turns Mark's skin into some random Asian guy. What makes this funny is that he fails to clarify when he says something along the lines of "I've been turned into some Asian guy" causing Wade to basically say: "I hate to break this to you, Mark, but that is you."
- His frustrated rage during his unsuccessful attempts to climb to the top of the octopus-themed climbing frame in the aquarium in Octodad. Especially hilarious considering his rant consists of several uses of the word "no" as he either gets stuck or keeps falling back down.
Markiplier: If you put your mind to it you can do anything you wanted... Ooooyyeeeeeewwwwyaaaaooooww, no no! Oooooooooeeeyaaaiiiyo! Ooh! Ah! Ep! Mah ... buuuuurnip! Get back, da... buuuurrrda-burm! ... Nooo! NOOOO!!! (later) Shut up, lady! You're lucky to get my ink on you ... NOOOO!! NOOO!! Grab it! No! NO! Oh, God, please, please, please, please, please! Please, leg! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LEG?!!? WHAT ARE YOU DOING??! ... Aaaaand, I had it under control the whole time, thank you ... Nooo. NOOOOOOO!!! No!! And there we go! NOOOOOOOO!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!! And there we go ... 'kay ... NOOOOOOOOO!!! ... Okay, there we go. All right. All right! ALL RIGHT! Nnnnreeeeerrrraaaarrrrnnngah! Mmmra-na-na— (starts screaming hysterically) NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ... Yay! NOOOOOOOOO!!! How do I...? What am I doing?! AAAAAAAAAAGH! Okay, all right, whoa whoa whoa whoa! WHOA whoa whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Eeeeease on up for a second there. How the fuckin' ... NOOO! DO SOMETHING, YOU DICK!!! OH, DO SOMETHING!! Nooo. Wh-BAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! ... Yeeahh! Yes! ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! COME OOOON!!! FFFU--... that middle one's cracked ... that middle one's cracked— NO! NO! NOOO!! NO, PLEASE! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE NO!!! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! (finally makes it).
- He uses cat videos to "calm down". During the climb of the octopus climbing frame, the cat videos slowly become more and more demonic as Mark goes mad with fury.
- Pretty much all of the Octodad playthrough, and how much it just makes him rage hilariously.
I'm normal! NORMAL! (BONK) Sorry, I'm normal!
(smooth voice) And now we know there's more to life (starting to rant) than screaming at a stupid freaking octopus that doesn't know what he's doing and won't ever cooperate with you, (starting to shout) and will never do what you say-
- When he finally beats the game, his maniacal laughter breaks down into a confused sob.
- And then there's his brief Octodad-related freakout at the end of Catlateral Damage:
- When trying to get into the bonus level in Octodad: Dadliest Catch, watching him get progressively more and more stuck in the shark head while he screams in frustration through several jump cuts until he seems to be wearing it like a costume.
- From the Octodad DLC:
Mark: What a baby! Here comes the FRICKING AIRPLANE!(animation of a airplane crashing with people screaming)
- His horrified expression when Stacy seems about to go into an in-depth description of surgery, and the ensuing discussion of Tommy's last story - Sports Johnson and the Zombie Hurricane.
- He has to feed someone in bed and naturally has issues with it.
FUJIMOTO: [darkly] I smell an octopus... [cheerfully] It must be done cooking!MARK: [quickly] Okay thank you.
- His deadpan reaction to the Jerkass in room 205 going into cardiac arrest.
- His disappointment that Dr. Nigel was just a person and not a giant hand.
- His perfectly understandable response when he thinks that Fujimoto recognizes Octodad in "Dad Romance".
- In his playthrough of OFF, Mark scolds the foul-mouthed Dedan after the latter calls the ghosts invading his office "phantoms of shit". Four minutes later, he gets stuck on a puzzle.
Mark: NOOOOOOOOO. Nope, nope, no, nope.Elsen: Be guided by jubilance, and you will avoid the spectres quite easily.Mark: [smiling] Okay![Mark takes one step and fails to avoid the spectres.]Mark: [Comical Angry Face] SHIT!
- He renames Alpha, Omega, and Epsilon into Oliver, Orville, and Oxnard.
- Him dancing during some of the battle sequences for the first half of the game. That is, until he discovers the truth behind what he's really doing.
- In Zone 3, Mark runs into Zacharie who's wearing a cat mask and pretending to be the Judge. He instantly assumes that Zacharie has fused with the Judge. Considering what the game is like, it's almost understandable.
- He's clearly having a fun time going full ham when reading most of the characters' dialogue, the Batter especially.
- Enoch's voice was downright hilarious to listen to.
- His horrified reactions to the secretaries of the purified zones are priceless.
- In an early episode of Prop Hunt, after Minx jokingly says she ships PewdiePlier, Mark says this, which is a cross between No Yay (for Markiplier) and a disturbing Crowning Moment of Funny:
Markiplier: Oh god... do you know how bad Yamimash and me shipping, like, Markimash, has gotten? I get fanart of just gay porn of both of us every day.PewDiePie: Oh, you don't want that.Markiplier: No.PewDiePie: What the hell have you guys been doing exactly in your videos?Markiplier: NOTHING!
- From Prop Hunt, Mark gets stuck in a plushie stand and hams up his suffering.
- In this Prop Hunt, Mark, Wade, and JackSepticEye make funny faces in their webcams... and Bob just looks into his webcam and shakes his head.
- The best part is the gold 'you tried' stars that appear by each of them. Bob's is "I don't even think you tried at all".
- In Prop Hunt #17, Mark (in the form of a Creepy Doll) trolls Bob by repeatedly opening and closing one of the doors in the level and saying "Squeeeeeeak!" every time. Wade tells him that if he keeps Tempting Fate like that, eventually Bob will be on the other side of the door. Moments later, that's what happens.
- In that same video, Mark turns into a box and hides in a room full of oil barrels. When Bob comes in and starts moving the barrels to find him, Mark tries to sneak past but gets spotted. After doing the "Squeeeeeeak!" thing once more, he makes a mad dash back to the barrels room and turns into one, and manages to win because Bob's eagerness to shoot Mark results in his shooting too many inanimate objects and killing himself.
- this is arguably the funniest episode of prop hunt ever.
Bob: "Wade doesn't like to have any fun whatsoever. If Wade played Tetris, he would just stack the blocks neatly, and finish the levels, LIKE A FUCKING DICK!" Jack: "Bob you're dead, you don't get to talk anymore."
- At the beginning the group try to play on a map and all Jack and Mark can see is errors and purple walls.
- Bob shows Jack what he is, them Wade walks up causing Bob to panic, then Jack kills him because of the "comedic timing"
- When they try to change maps Mark apparently missed the memo and was hanging out on the map screen
- When they all get on the map, Bob choses to be a hunter, right as the screen says "Hunters win!"
- When Bob died, Mark thought it was him dying.
- This part
Mark: "BOB you sold me!" Jack (jokingly): "You ratted me out geez"
- When Bob gives a big clue about Marks reaction
Jack: Piece of shit game, messing my life, my fun. Mark: My life, my fun, my world! MY GAME! Jack: I only care about M-E, my enjoyment! Mark: It's called Sean's Mod for a reason guys!
- Wade, Bob, and Mark start making jokes about "Seaman on the roof" prompting Jack to kill himself out of annoyance.
- Mark accidentally breaking a bunch of plates inside the house, confusing everybody.
- Wade messing with Mark while he walks around the house. Bob then walks in and right after Mark says they need to start making calls, Bob kills him.
- The messed up flag outside.
- At one point Mark sneaks past Jack who then dies, but Wade looking for Mark causing him to panic and run to Bob, when Wade accidentally blows himself up.
- Mark panicking is even funnier because Wade was actually looking somewhere else that was far away from Mark, which Mark can clearly see, making his freak out pointless.
- When Jack getting stuck inside the shed, Mark and Bob free him and walk away, then Jack get stuck immediately causing Mark and Bob to leave him there.
- Later in that same round Wade hides next to the shed and Mark sees him, Jack starts trying to distract them while Mark shoots at Wade.
- Wade (who's an oil can) singing about coneteco oil while Bob and Mark constantly miss him
- After killing wade Mark shots Jack, causing the shed to explode.
- This exchange
- The titular trash can, wade walks up to Mark as the trash can and Mark lets out a Big "NO!" causing Wade and Jack to jump.
- At the end: Bob sees Jack in the window and asks what's going on causing Jack to say "Nothing" with his mouth next to his mic, then he goes "IT'S FINE" into his mic repeatedly in a way that makes it really loud causing Wade too fall out of his chair.
Resident Evil 7
- Mark basically having to go "I'm a brave boy!" when he's gonna go into something scary. The first instance being when he meets Psycho!Mia.
Mark: Uh oh, stairs. Stairs are the birth of the Big Brave Boy!
- He switches over to "I'm a brave girl" when he's playing as Mia.
- At one point, while shouting "I'm a brave boy!" he bolts through a door in a safe room, only to be confused. He turns back, and realizes he went through the wrong door.
- How about the fact that he treats getting stabbed in the hand with a screwdriver in the game as more an annoyance since he was stabbed there once already.
- Mark Screaming at Squick over Marguerite's second boss form. Especially when he sees the hive between her legs!
- Mark has WAY too much fun popping all of the balloons in Lucas' death trap, to the point he imagines Lucas watching Mark on monitors thinking "What an idiot."
- Mark unintentionally does an amazing setup for Marguerite's entrance in the third house:
- Mark is so on-edge in Part 4 that as he's walking about outside, he gets randomly startled by a bush.
- Deciding when he finds some healing herbs that "At least I can smoke my troubles away."
- Part 6 has Mark going through the Happy Birthday segment without having watched the tape and then dying to it. After he respawns, he goes through the puzzle with all the answers. Mark wonders if it was a game mechanic where you figure out the puzzle, die, and then do it again without dying. Sound familiar?
Mark: I got knowledge from the FUTURE baby!
- After the animatronic clown carves the word "LOSER" into the player character's arm in Lucas's deathtrap:
Mark: [Looking at the arm.] ...I can't tell what this says. Does this say "Lucas" on it?
- Trying to read one of the in-game documents before getting jumped by The Molded.
Mark (sheepish): ...I thought that door was closed...
- His reaction when Grandma!Eveline grows to Kaiju size.
Mark: AH NO GRANDMA! I DON'T WANT A HUG! YOU SMELL LIKE BEN-GAY!
- Markiplier rages at, of all things, a kidney.
Markiplier: Got a sniffle? Come to me! Feel a scratch? Come to me-he-he! Oh you bruised your elbow? I'll just take out your kidneys and replace it with a brain. Two brains for the price of one! Hehehehehehehahahaha.
- How about when he accidentally gave himself a dose of the "happy juice". As well as his manic ad for himself at the end, right after he kills his patient.
Mark (After several moments of horrified silence): "KILL IT WITH FIRE!"
- On the next part, Markiplier, the Nicaraguan nationalist surgeon who always knows what's best, performs a heart transplant in an ambulance. The result is nearly 16 minutes of comedy gold.
- During yet another attempt at the alien surgery, he manages to finally disconnect one of the body parts, and, to his horror, hears it making noises. His commentary beforehand grinds completely to a halt.
- When Mark plays Surgeon Simulator in an icy bathtub as part of his Impossible Let's Plays series, the entire video is just about comedy gold. but the part where he mourns his iPad after it falls into the water while still complaining about how cold he is is fucking hilarious.
- Pretty much the entirety of this, but when he loses the heart is gold.
- Turbo Dismount:
Markiplier: (singing) I'm a little chicken; Short and stout...A few seconds later, still singing: "Yeah! I'm gonna make it! (crunch!) no I'm not!"
MARK: Everybody hang on, I have an idea, and when Mark has an idea, you know things are about to go terribly wrong.
- "Can we just appreciate the artistic nature of this frickin' Boogie Bus right here?"
- HAVE FAITH IN THE BIRD, BOB!
- "(in a creepy voice) Hello, everybody, how are you doing? Nice day to steal your soul... Nice day to enter the abyss! Aaaah-! (normal) Oh. Oh, okay then."
- In Part 7, Mark puts an even more ridiculous and hilarious manip of his face on the dummy, resulting in his commentary constantly getting derailed as he continues to burst out laughing at it. It results in him eventually breaking down in tears of laughter as his character straddles a semi with the same goofy grin on its face. Even the subtitles for the video plead the viewer to call an ambulance for Mark.
- Mark finds a certain pose on the demolition crane.
- His increasingly desperate attempts to destroy Mr. Stalwart. He's ultimately forced to use the level "Mystery Boost Pad", which has a massive mine cluster under a boost pad that never fails to smash riders to bits on the skybox.
- Mark's attempts at voicing Toriel in Undertale. He starts with a deep ominous voice, then switches to a higher one when he realizes Toriel is female, then gives her some bizarre mutation of a Scottish accent.
- When he meets Flowey he opts to give him a friendly Bugs Bunny-esque voice and is genuinely frightened when Flowey switches face and almost kills him.
- When Toriel gives him the Dummy training fight Mark accidentally destroys the Dummy figuring out the controls, and is absolutely delighted when he learns that he can 'flirt' with Moldsmal.
- Upon meeting Sans and Papyrus, he gives them insanely overdone Southern and British accents respectively.
- While he gets Papyrus' voice down on the first try he finds Sans' voice a bit harder to pin down, and has to stop several times to get the accent right.
- He also gets the easter egg where Alphys calls your phone by accident while trying to order a pizza.
- Mark and Tyler 1st livestream episode of Undertale (Warning: 2 hours long, make some time if you're gonna watch it), and deciding that the name of their character should be Peepo.
- Mark's encounter with Napstablook ends with an example of how he's resolved to do his own thing independently... by giving the Ghost a mean look after it does the Dapperblook trick. The result is arguably far funnier than the complete Pacifist method.
- After an NPC Froggit mentions being intimidated by Toriel, Markiplier comes to the conclusion that it's because Toriel has "resting bitch face."
- Mark gives control to Tyler for the Toriel boss fight, which Markiplier knows that the boss fight is nearly impossible to lose due to the game's mechanics* . Tyler gets killed immediately on the second turn.
Markiplier: (Facepalming) "You're dead. You died. You killed us. You died. Tyler..."
- Whereas almost everyone else gives Papyrus a nasally voice, Markiplier gives him an almost Troy Baker-esque aristocrat voice (while Tyler voices Sans in his normal voice). Mark even takes a couple liberties with Papyrus' Signature Laugh that makes Papy almost sound like he's having a seizure.
- Markiplier takes advantage of the game's technical requirements for the Pacifist Run... to beat up Icecap and steal his hat without killing him. Even funnier, the livestream comments were having a complete meltdown at this moment, even though Markiplier clarified that he wasn't planning to actually kill anyone.
- Markiplier's voice for Doggo is an Igor-like snarl that just so absurd, even Mark is having a hard time keeping a straight face.
- Tyler comments that Snowdin Town seems like an "ice village"
Tyler: "That's really cold-hearted of you, kicking me out right now."
- Markiplier even manages to make the snowman's pleasant request to take a piece of him during their journey into something hilarious.
Snowman: "If you would be so kind, traveler, please... Take a piece of me and take it very far away."Mark: (Whispering) "It's gonna give you its dick."
- Mark and Tyler return with Undertale part 2, which plays out like a constantly switching Boke and Tsukkomi Routine with Mark acting like a Jerkass suggesting that they kill everyone while Tyler is the Straight Man, or Mark showing his more in-depth knowledge and theory crafting with the game while Tyler is fumbling around.
- Immediately, Tyler forgets Papryus' name.
- Mark voices the Dog couple in the same Evil voice.
- The two get to the infamous Tile Floor "puzzle", which Mark reads overly long instructions to Tyler completely seriously.
Tyler: (Trying to remember): "Orange is... to make you smell like oranges..."Mark: "Yellow is electrocuting. Blue is water."Tyler: "Green is... Uh..."Tyler: "...It doesn't matter, just walk across."Both break down laughing
- When the two reach the ice floor puzzle, Mark lets Tyler try to figure out. He mistakes the lighter parts of ice for snow, which causes them to fall off and restart the puzzle.
Tyler: "Well, I didn't know you could fall off that edge! It looked like snow all the way around-"Mark: "Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuuuuh nuh nuuuh nuuuh!"
- Tyler's surprise when the Greater Dog shows its true form.
Mark: "He's like Reinhardt inside of Reinhardt's armor."
- And once they pet it to 100% pet-capacity...
Mark: "It's so cute... It's contented... Should we kill it now?
- They then meet Gyftrot, which Tyler correctly suggests they undecorate him to make him feel better. Mark refuses, and decides to pile on more decorations on the next turn.
- What was the decoration the game added? A pair of ridiculous googly eyes. Mark and Tyler break down laughing.
- After undecorating Gyftrot, Mark excitedly chooses to Gift him... only for excite to turn into horror as it makes him give 35 Gold.
Mark: "Wait, no! Hang on! Wait! I take that back! I need that Gold! I regret it! No! Can I have that back, please! No!!"
- Upon realize he can't get that money back, Mark muses if he can kill Gyftrot and get the money back.
- Before going to fight Papyrus, Mark wonders why the player character doesn't need to sleep much.
Mark: "I bet this child is a cyborg sent by the humans just to wreck up the place down here... or learn compassion and love!Tyler: "Or it's a ghost and that's why it doesn't sleep very much."Mark: "...Why is every- Not everything has to be a ghost!"Tyler: "Er...... OooooOOOooOOoooOOoooo!Mark: "No! I'm not 'Woooo'-ing with you this time!"
- Upon defeating Papyrus, Mark voices his next few lines replacing all the vowels with long U's. Quoting it doesn't do it justice.
- Mark constantly demanding that they pick the mean dialogue options when "dating" Papyrus and his amused frustration when Papyrus keeps mistaking them for compliments or taking them in a positive way.
- Part 3 of Undertale:
"Screw you, Temmie Village."
- Mark and Tyler start off giving Undyne a more dramatic voice, then decide to give her a more nasally one once she reveals her face, Corpsing all the while.
- Mark becomes exasperated when the chat asks him to backtrack to Temmie Village, and for the rest of the stream insists that "No one likes Tem."
- According to Mark, the "dog residue" is actually the Annoying Dog pooping into your inventory.
- Part 4 of Undertale:
- The Stream opens to them setting things up. Ethan is shaking his ass in the background, and when he turns on the TV in the background, it's on the Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- The Undyne bonding scene:
Tyler: (as Undyne) "'...Are you... Hitting on me????'"Mark: "Hell yeah! Hell yeah, I am!"
- Mark and Tyler have trouble re-pinning their voice for Undyne, and try various voices with her, especially due to her particularly wild expressions.
- They also pretty much die laughing when Papyrus jumps out of Undyne's window.
- They also have fun when Undyne prompts them to point at what they want to drink then discover they can point at Undyne.
- At one point Mark overhears the sound of his own voice (it's Ethan playing a video off camera), so Mark explains that a wild boar with his face on it walked into the house. Then Tyler states "when its testicles hit together, it sounds like Mark's voice."
*Tyler and Ethan (offscreen) laughing while Mark makes AN incredulous face*Ethan: "What?! Why?!"Mark: "WWWHAAAAT????"
- Naturally, Mark dies laughing again during the "Cooking with Undyne" scene.
- As they call Undyne and listen to her as she talk about Alphys showing her Anime, Mark keeps asking if it's porn instead.
- When they take the riverman's transport, who keeps going "Tra la la", Mark mentions the infamous The Legend Of Zelda C Di Games, and their "Squadallah!".
- Mark voices Mettaton basically as himself.
- As they're playing Mettaton's quiz, Mark keeps edging out the counter and picking the correct answer at the last second, just to toy with the audience.
- Then they almost immediately forget the voice they had for Alphys.
- Mark's logic for killing Mettaton they don't:
Mark: "Screw 'im, he deserves t' die! He sounds like me, and there can be only one of me!"
- Mark pronounces Tsunderplane as "Tuh-suun-derplane", as per his Running Gag of mispronouncing words.
- When they flirt with Tsunderplane, Mark does away with the euphemisms.
Game: "You tell Tsunderplane it has a powerful rudder."Mark: "Hey, baby! NICE ASS!
- When they flirt with Tsunderplane, Mark does away with the euphemisms.
- When they got to the Royal Guards fight, Mark chooses to keep cleaning 02 after getting him to remove his armor. He breaks into laughter when the game says "he pat's 02's chest like a muscular bongo", causing him to continue doing so.
- Later, Mark and Tyler start doing the same with themselves as the Royal Guards are confessing to each other.
- And then Mark considers killing them while their guard is down.
- Part 5 of Undertale is much shorter (46 minutes) due to Mark's house suffering a blackout mid-Stream, but still has its funny moments.
- Mark's voice for Muffet is an Old Man voice.
- Though the duo manage to skip over Muffet's boss fight, Mark despairs as he realizes he won't get to see what Muffet means by her pet and so he tries desperately to get her to fight so that they can.
Mark and Tyler: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!"Mark: "I've ruined it! I've ruined it! I ruined that!"Mark: (Trying to pay Muffet) "Take my damn money! TAKE MY DAMN MONEY!"
- When Mark finally realizes they aren't going to experience the boss fight, he and Tyler start Flipping the Bird at her with wild expressions.
Mark: "This is my spider dance!"
- They get to Mettaton's singing scene, with Mark actually singing the parts. He actually does a pretty good job until...
- Part 6 of Undertale:
- Mark and Tyler talk to Sans outside the Hotel who invites them into the restaurant. Mark gets savvy over the nature of the choice in the game, thinking he'll be put through a cutscene anyway...
Mark: *in a weird voice* "I'm buuuusy. I ain't gunna do daaat. Der's no way in heeellll I'm gonna do daaat!"*Rejects Sans*Sans: "well, have fun in there."Mark: "Oh-o, shit!"
- Mark's voice for Snowdrake's father (who speaks in a different accent) has him suddenly shift his voice from normal to... something whenever Snowdrake Sr.'s accent shows up.
- When they finally see the receptionist of the restaurant, they react accordingly.
Mark: "Remember Snowman Drake? Mandrake Snow? Snow? Snowd- *finally sees receptionist*"Mark & Tyler: "EEEEEUUUUUUUHHHHHAWUGHWUGHWUGHWAH..."Mark: "EEEUUUUGH..."Tyler: (as receptionist) "I'm the original Teletubby!"
- When they meet Bratty & Catty, Mark chooses to voice Catty while Tyler voices Bratty. Tyler voices Bratty in a strained falsetto while Mark does Catty in a Surfer Dude voice
- And then Mark briefly goes Southern when Catty mentions she found a gun in the dumpster.
- Mark is understandably disturbed by Burgerpants' face, and so gives him in a constantly panicked voice.
- When Mark flips the switch during the intro phase to Mettaton's boss fight, causing the screen to white out and play the infamous OOHH YEEES~, Mark suddenly leans forward with a very curious face.
- During their second try at the fight, Mark eats the ramen, result in the infamous ramen gag. Mark's reaction to the measly 4 HP it heals is understandable.
- Near the start of the third attempt, Tyler comes back with a cone and puts it on Mark.
- During the same attempt, Mark tries to heal up, and accidentally eats the Snowman Piece. Cue Tyler and Mark sitting open-mouthed in Stunned Silence... before running into the bombs on purpose to achieve a Game Over and revert that incident.
- And during said Game Over?
- Mark and Tyler talk to Sans outside the Hotel who invites them into the restaurant. Mark gets savvy over the nature of the choice in the game, thinking he'll be put through a cutscene anyway...
- Part 7 of Undertale.
- Asgore being given an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice.
- Mark's and Ethan's honest to genuine gawping expressions when Flowey kills Asgore.
- After their "date" with Alphys, Mark and Tyler notice the game started to lag and paused for a moment to figure it out. They then notice a reflection in the TV coming from the one behind them playing random adverts and get into an argument with Ethan as he tried to turn it off. note
- His playthrough of Until Dawn:
Mark: Okay, so no burning of the alive!
- When Mark encounters a totem of multiple cast members getting blown up:
Mark: ...I wish my last words before that happened hadn't been "break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar"!
- When Jess's dalliance with Mike is interrupted by the former getting grabbed and dragged through a window by a monster that's been stalking the two.
Mark: Okay, so once again, fire bad!
- Part Seven, after picking up a Death Totem:
Mark: Were you playing Russian Roulette with a normal 9mm?!
- In Part 8, when he sees a totem vision of Chris pointing a gun at his head.
Dr. Hill: Because of your choices, people have died.Mark: I know! What are you, the YouTube comments?
- "Oh, this'll be quiet." *BANG* "I think I'm deaf now."
- From Part 12:
Mark: No— I— no. ...I am gonna make sure that she ends her experience on this mountain in the happiest way— being bone-zoned by Chris, because that's what! Their love! DESERVES! FFFFUUUUUUU--
- Mark's horrified and disgusted face throughout Josh's Motive Rant about his revenge prank, and subsequent babbling. He looks right at the camera and, aside from a few comments, is mostly silent.
- In Part 13, after making a massive mistake that gets Ashley killed, he decides to restart the entire game all over again instead of keep going, and has a massive breakdown over it.
Mark: Fuck you Josh.
- Afterwards, it cuts to black for a moment before Mark comes back and berates himself some more. After a short pause, he turns to acknowledge the character on the screen.
- In the last part, he states that any mistakes he makes after playing back up to where he left off was going to be endgame. In the Wendigo fight in the house, he accidentally gets Mike killed by choosing to do nothing during the 'Save Mike/Run Towards the Switch' choice. He very quickly resets his PS4.
- In Part 8, he puts on an incredibly hammy Cheshire Cat Grin when the game cuts to Sam taking a bath.
- During the intro, when Josh invites the others to "party like porn stars", Mark acts confused and says that for all he knows, porn star parties could actually be very low-key, laidback affairs.
- Markiplier's Yandere Simulator debug build playthroughs are a complete bucket of laughs.
Mark: Your hair. Would look great. On my wall. *snaps picture of Senpai* Thanks.
- Mark gets into character as a Stalker With a Crush surprisingly quickly.
Mark: (upon reading the Game Over screen where Yandere-chan is caught) Wait a minute! What? No! No! No! BUT I BURNED THE BODY. Oh, I didn't burn the body, I just dumped it.
- Mark reacts with horror the first time he kills a girl, then dumps the evidence without burning it. The result is what you'd expect.
Teacher: How dare you walk into my classroom looking like that! Do you think this school is a joke?Mark: You're racist against Super Saiyans.
- The outro to the first episode is a parody of Dragon Ball Z's next episode previews. It becomes even funnier when he finds the Super Saiyan hairstyle.
- This exchange from the third episode:
Mark: I love senpai, yes I do... He's for me not for you, gonna cut his balls off wear 'em on my head! Then we'll be together forever! I LOVE SENPAI YES I DO, HE'S FOR ME NOT FOR YOU!
- Mark's Cold-Blooded Torture methods are... interesting.
Mark: "Knowing the mouse might one..." oh, no, it's an Undertale reference. RUN! RUN, MARKIPLIER! THE COMMENTS ARE FILLING UP WITH PEOPLE DEMANDING THAT YOU PLAY THE GAME! AAAAAAAAAH!
- When he finds the Undertale references (about 11:15 in video #6), he reacts with a pure Oh, Crap! expression, realizing that this will only mean people will keep bugging him to continue playing the game.
- Pops up again after his discovery of Bad Time Mode in episode 10 (about 1:01 to 1:06).
- Mark becomes horrified when he realizes Senpai can die in the Easter Egg modes. Because "Ebola mode" causes people to die when he gets near, this causes an ever-increasing pile of dead bodies right behind him as he's freaking out.
- Mark's casual conversations with the demons are a hoot.
Demon: A mortal?
Demon: How curious.
Mark: Eh, not really, I murdered people. Whatever.
Demon: Do you wish to borrow my power?
Mark: Yeah, sure, give it to me.
- The first few seconds of Markiplier CAUGHT RED HANDED!! He's a Brony!note
- What makes this funnier is the fact that his wallpaper on his computer is a picture of some guns and swords.
- "Warning: This video contains scenes of extreme violence, WHICH IS AWESOME!"
- Him breaking games. That poor, poor man.
- Him soaking his favourite Avengers notebook before the intro of a lesson why you should be careful when dancing (and always use a spill proof mug) wearing headphones with a cup of fresh coffee nearby...
- Mark births a chair. It's a boy!
- "Hey Slenderman! You're an ass!"
- In 7 Days to Die, there's this intro in the third video.
Markiplier: And I have my good friend or giant douche Wade.Wade: (laughs) What?Markiplier: Also known as LordMinion777, also known as (deep gravelly voice) Rick.
- Jump Scare Cut
- Just the entire video, but most especially the near end where he starts becoming axe crazy
- I'M KING OF THE SQUIRRELS!
Markiplier: *Clutching his stomach as he runs* I'M—ow—KING OF—ow—THE SQUIRRELS! Ow...Ow...Ow... note
- This was later given a Call-Back in this video after he underwent surgery. It was made as a way for Mark to ensure his subscribers that he was recovering well.
- All the Reaction Compilations are general collections of many various CMoFs. The subtitles make them even better.
- In the Markiplier Fangame 2:
- "...Might as well be DEAD!"
- The Stanley Parable's confusion ending has one moment where the Narrator puts on some very adventurous, upbeat music, which Markiplier can't help smiling to, and moving his head with the beat. While this music is playing, Mark eventually finds an "impossible space", very much confusing him, but the music is playing, so he has to immediately go from being confused to excited again.
- Truly, rage beyond rage... The video is comedy gold from that point until the end, especially when Markiplier devolves into Angrish just before rage-loading a previous save.
Markiplier (repeatedly dying at the hands of a ridiculous-looking monster): MOTHER... AAAAARRRGH!!! I'm so mad. I'm soOOO MAAAAAD!!! UUUUUEEEAAAAAAAGH!!! NO! FUUUUCKING HELL! I've got a... I'VE GOT A... LET ME OFF!!! DAMMIT!!! DAMMIT, DAMMIT, DAMN YOU TO HELL! YOU SON OF A BITCH!!! YOU'RE DEEEAD! Everything! I hate everything! I HATE EVERYTHING!!! GEDOVAHRDEHRYOUFUCKINGFUCKAHR!!! I'm gonna, I swear... I SWEAR! LET ME THROUGH!!!
- A running gag on his Dead Space 3 walkthrough is that he constantly mentions or talks about Ellie's boobs.
- Go on, listen to this. Let's see how long you can last.
YouTube Commenter: After 5 minutes it sounds like some kind of a dark acolyte summoning a demon..
- In another video Mark attempts to read a note in the foreign language he quips he accidentally summoned a demon into the viewer's home. In later episodes of the same series he continues to apologizes for it and gives helpful suggestions on how to deal with their new resident.
- In Slender: The Arrival, Part 3 when he first encounters the Slender-proxy he repeatedly states that he has a flashlight ("with your name on it!") The actual encounter is very brief, with Markipilier screaming the following: "You're not supposed to do that! You're supposed to be blinded - be blinded, you DICK! THIS IS NOT WORKING!"
- When it actually does work on the second try, the normally PG Markiplier breaks out the big guns: "Get blinded, you bitch! Be blinded! Yeah, that's right, suck ten thousand cocks right there, in your EYEBALLS!"
- His playthrough of Fuck This Game isn't too hysterical. Him randomly dancing in the background purely as a distraction is.
- On that same note, Ragdoll Olympics.
- While playing The Last of Us and sneaking by some Clickers, Bill starts stomping very loudly. Even funnier when Bill tells Joel to be quiet, he still stomps around the area, leading Mark to call him a Hypocrite.
- His second episode for the Left Behind DLC. When Ellie receives a pun book from Riley, he cringes at Hurricane of Puns that he undergoes.
"My respect for Ellie just went down."
- His second episode for the Left Behind DLC. When Ellie receives a pun book from Riley, he cringes at Hurricane of Puns that he undergoes.
- Most of his playthroughs of rage games. Which include:
- All of the Enviro-Bear 2000 video. It's a bear driving simulator. Let that sink in.
- At one point Mark loses all hope of winning the game when it gives him the message that 'the fish have been over-fished' and he can only fatten up on berries. He then drives over a pond... and a ridiculously large fish falls into the car. It's so big, it fills up the entire dash and Mark can't even eat it because it gets wedged outside of his reach by some rocks that had fallen into the car earlier.
- Mark trying to find the blacksmith's shop.
Monster!Mark: WHEEERE'S THE BLAAACKSMIIITH?Villager!Mark: Why does he want to know where the blacksmith is? We don't have a blacksmith!Monster!Mark: WHEEERE'S THE BLAAACKSMIIITH?
- Mark playing The World's Hardest Game with a speech jammer.
- Mark's glorious reaction to the giant Killer Teddy Bear in the first part of The Witch's House. Also counts as an Awesome Moment for the game as it convinced Markiplier that RPG Maker games can indeed be scary.
- The last five minutes of his playthrough of Mental.
- His initial excitement when thinking The Curse of Blackwater is a pirate themed horror game, and his angry disappointment when he is told it's not.
Mark: "Oh no! I'm just, I'm tied up in a corner, naked, just for–"(monster bursts into the room, breathing very heavily, and immediately kills him)
- In Part 5 of the same game, Markiplier hides from the Necromorph-like monster before joking that he's tied up in a corner, naked. The monster hears him.
- Segway of the Dead. All 61 seconds of it.
- Ao Oni:
- In Part 2, Markiplier learns to close the prison door behind him.
Mark: Why is this good? Why is this good? [Oni shows up and kills him.] AAGH—! [Stunned Silence] ...What the hell?! How was I supposed to do anything?! What was that?!
- In Part 4, Markiplier solves the doll puzzle and goes to exit the room. Takeshi's dead body falls from its hanging place, prompting this:
- The beginning of Part 5.
- In Part 2, Markiplier learns to close the prison door behind him.
- "'I am God.' You might want to brush your teeth, God."
- The entire collab with Cry. Including but not limited to instances such as:
- "OSTRICH FACTS!"
- Mark and Cry discovering that ostriches can fly.
- Cry's multiple failed attempts at using a portal.
- Abandoning each other for hats.
- Cry's story about his mother and the haunted house, which leads to an uncomfortable "vibrator" joke.
- His playthrough of the Oculus Rift horror game Alone provides the following moment:
Mark (Reading a note that's in the game within the game): "'Whenever I'm in the nursery, I swear I can hear the voices of small children.'"Disembodied Voice (Whispering): "Mommy."Mark (Freaking out): "SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
- In his playthough of SCP Containment Breach, Mark learns why you shouldn't annoy armed guards.
Mark: WOOOOO!(Guard shoots Mark in the face)Guard: Glad that's over with.
- His playthrough of Death Dice Overdose. Watch as Mark collects a bunch of pills in order to make his black bar much bigger.
- Penis Cloner. Nothing else needs to be said.
- Any time where he ends up playing a game that either features a Shout-Out or is directly based off of him in general. One good example is when he plays a mod of SCP - Containment Breach... based off of him. He spends a few seconds at the start of the video in stunned silence, and later comments that it brings a new level of disturbing to the game.
- His reactions during the short, Jump Scare filled Psycosis. Even better when animated.
- The quickest round ever of Trouble in Terrorist Town. It lasts less than a second.
- Part 7 of his Ib playthrough as him attempting to solve the Toybox puzzle. It's strangely amusing watching him "being stupid".
Garry: I have to say... girls sure can be scary...
- From the same, this coming immediately after Mary's painting is burned, killing her:
Mark: Oh boy... Oh no... Oh no. Oh no!(He realizes he's trapped in a room, and has to find an item. With a time limit.)
- Also of note, his reaction in part 5 to the doll room. He chases after a lone doll, sounding all bold, only to do a complete 180. It gets even better as he realizes just how bad it is.
- His reaction to finding out that rabbit ornaments were actually disturbing dolls was pure gold. And let's not forget his search for the fish key back in part 1
- There's something very funny about Mark giving Garry, who he even briefly thought of as a woman, a pitch of voice that's actually deeper than his normal speaking voice. Even when he voices Garry's trademark "HYEEEEEK!" he manages to make it sound as manly as possible.
- His reaction to a distorted, disembodied voice of a little girl in The Darkest Words:
Voice: "Where's my mommy?"
- Part 2 of his playthrough of the Obvious Beta Hell Was Here. Especially at the end when he decides to Rage Quit after he died immediately after he walked into an empty room.
- Any time one of the monsters in a game interrupts his outro, like in this video of him playing SCP Containment Breach.
- LATIN'S WRATH.
- To summarize what happens, here. The episode starts off normally enough, with Mark starting their farm and Bob saying how he'd love chickens falling from the sky. Then Wade basically says "why not creepers from the skies?" Within a minute, creepers start falling from the skies. After they blow up the side of the house and kill Wade and Mark, Mark reads his death certificate and it says he was killed by Latin goddess. Mark decides to go on a rant about how everyone wants Zombiemold, Latin's boyfriend. He is almost immediately struck by lightning, sending Bob and Wade laughing and Mark running in terror. It doesn't stop his rant though, as Latin sends another bolt of lightning, killing Mark and incinerating their only iron ingots. From this point on, Mark seems dedicated to not stop talking about Zombiemold, and Latin sends more creepers, and Mark and Bob go to the giant wool penis. A massive thunderstorm starts. Right after, a giant zombie attacks their base, soon followed by many more. As Bob and Mark retreat to the secret base inside the wolf penis, Latin sends more mobs right next to them. It turns into a Hold the Line type mission, where they fail and creepers blow up their gear. Mark, now acting like a Death Seeker, says "BRING IT ON!" Latin sends a line of explosives through their house, obliterating it and creating a massive chasm. Latin then comes and kills Mark personally. At the very end of the episode, Mark states that he regrets nothing, although he apologizes, and their bases in shambles.
- During the same episode, while the group is near the Giant Wool Penis, Mark comments that he is alone, because Wade is married and Bob has a girlfriend. Wade then comments "Yep, I've got the ring on my penis, uhp, or finger..."
- Every time he plays a game where you have to destroy yourself, such as Skate 3 or Turbo Dismount. Crowner goes to this accident, where he manages to get sandwiched between two camions. And he doesn't realize it until he sees the replay.
- His playthrough of Bleached Eyeballs, which he calls OCULUS RIFT AT ITS BEST!!!
- It now has an animated version.
- "Magic Missile!"
- When Markiplier meets Yamimash at Pax on his channel it starts with them dueling in an inflatable american gladiator style battle with Yamimash repeatedly losing Mark rejects his offer of a hug at the beginning pretending to be a heel he then later offers Yami a hand up and and pushes him over his battle stand. However on Yamimash's channel we're treated to Yamimash spotting Mark and eagerly calling out for him. Mark gets lost in the crowd and Yamimash sounds dissappointed until Mark reappears and after a brief discussion Mark pretends to get overly emotional. Then it cuts to the words "Edited Version" The video is shown in a purple tint and saxophones play "I will always love you"
- The Hot Sauce Challenge must be seen to be believed. The Subtitles just add to the hilarity.
- All four Impossible Quiz playthroughs.
- Markiplier's Magic Touch, which starts out with Mark reuniting with his friends Cyndago and Wade, but quickly turns into what can only be described as somatosensory porn. Also counts as a Heartwarming Moment when Bob shows up at the end.
[epic slo mo is epic][epic slo mo is still epic] [...and triumphant, too!](Wade is being touched and making goofy faces) [epic slo mo is not so epic now, is it? :D] [btw the song is Glub Glub Water Dance, goddamnit stop asking :D]
- Eventually subtitles were added to this video. They're hilarious.
- There's quite a few hilarious moments in his playthrough of Hotline Miami, but this line is absolute gold.
- Exploring Insanity in The Forest. Pretty much the entire video.
- Impossible Let's Play: Ice Bath Challenge Up until he accidentally drops his iPad and wrecks it.
- Murder Clown, which has the same level of weirdness as Revenge of the Sunfish. There's no need to explain how Mark reacts to it.
Mark: "I just got mind fucked and I don't know what happened! It's too early in the morning for this bullshit!"
- The That's What She Said counter in his Leg-Waxing Impossible Quiz Challenge. At one point it explodes.
- There's a "neckbeard" themed version of Flappy Bird, called Flappy Fedora. In Mark's playthrough of it he spends the entire video doing an impression of pick up artist types, only to repeatedly get interrupted by the game.
- The entirety of his Impossible Let's Play series. Most hilarious is his Makeup Challenge, in which he spends the entire video attempting to apply makeup to himself blind. When he finally gets out a mirror...
Mark: [laughing] Oh my god, I look like a friggin' clown...
- Markiplier and Captain Sparklez team up in A Gentlemen's Dispute! Featuring Mark and Jordan in tuxedos, hilariously bad English accents, and increasingly juvenile insults as the two play a pair of "gentlemen's dispute" games.
- Highlights include:
Mark: If I lose I win, and if I win I win. That is how it works.
- The insult that prompts Mark to declare a gentlemen's dispute? "Your mother's cooking tastes like ass." Especially funny since, in Jordan's version, the trigger insult was directed at his suit.
- "Monacle monacle, tophat, monacle!" Actually, all of Mark's attempts at a British accent. They're massively overdone. Jordan isn't much better admittedly, and slips out more frequently. Mostly because of laughter.
- Jordan shooting himself in the foot, complete with laughing fit.
- Mark's Insane Troll Logic explanation of how one wins:
(Beat, Jordan covers the camera with his hat)Mark: No! Stop throttling me! No! Jordapper is molesting me!(Beat, Jordan laughing in the background)Mark: Not, not really.
- At the end of the games, after Jordan says red is in style these days:
Mark: Good evening. May I come in?Jordan: If you must.Mark: Oh well fuck you.Jordan: Your family is so poor, they couldn't even afford the hubcap off a Studebaker!Mark: What's a Studebaker? Does that show how poor my family is?(just after) Mark: Yours are actually timely and make sense. Me, I'm just calling your mom a whore on whore alley!Jordan: Well I kill a lion next time I'm in Africa. And it reminded me of no one in your family because it was much greater than them all!Mark: You killed it the next time you were in Africa? Are you from the future?Jordan: (laughing) Did I say that?
- Most of the outtakes:
- Highlights include:
- Mark learns to poledance. Complete with ridiculous underwear.
- The Call-Back to his attempted playthrough of Cold Fusion in his Let's Play of Outlast Whistleblower:
Mark: Those brass, they really like to pump up the atmosphere. This game doesn't rely on a string quartet on my back [as Cold Fusion did every time there was a Jump Scare], just has a guy playing a sousaphone in my ear- (said sousaphone makes its presence known) Stop that, Sousaphone Man!
Mark: You alright in there? You're having trouble? Bite down on something hard and push! [more screaming] You got it. I believe in you! Show that turd who's boss!
- The animated highlights have their own charm. The highlight of the highlights occur at the end of the video. Mark chances upon the scene that he censored in the source video. The artist decides to depict it as Bob and Wade performing a tango. As well as their reaction shot to his further comment.
- From Whisteblower, when he hears a patient's painful screaming:
Walker: (In a deep voice that resembles his Santa voice) Huh? What was that? Huggh, I better get back to my biscuits and gravy. I'm really hungry cleaning up this entire hospital. Ripping the heads off of people is a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it. Huggh, where I put my teddy bear? I wanna give him a nice big hug. I’d never rip the head off of my teddy. (Walker starts to leave the room) Huh? What’s that? Is somebody making fun of me over there?!
- From the original game, when he's hiding from Chris Walker, who's just standing around, Mark has a little fun by pretending to reflect his thoughts:
- His moments of Wrong Genre Savvy throughout Among the Sleep, particularly his assumption that the teddy bear is the one responsible for all the horrible things when it's actually the mother. This results in close to every statement the teddy makes making Mark uncomfortable and suspicious.
- At one point in his playthrough of It Moves, he makes his character interact with what appears to be a red-faced young girl dressed in a green cloak that audibly growls and stamps a demonic face on his screen, which leaves a faint after-image. It takes Mark two minutes to notice.
- And then Mark and friends play a horror map in GMOD as the cast of Five Nights at Freddy's. Memorable moments include Mark-as-Freddy making an impression of his trademark Evil Laugh, and him constantly blowing up Wade (as Foxy) each time he grabs a puzzle piece and taking it from him to add to the wall.
Mark: "I really don't wanna cross the threshold of slam... [Wade runs towards Mark] But Wade is! [Wade tries to cross, blowing himself up]"
- Mark's video of Mole Hammers with Wade, especially his meltdown at the end after losing badly to Wade.
- And then there's the sequel, in which Mark redoes the intro every time he loses.
- Mark plays again Table Tug with Wade. Starting from this moment, he begins recounting the history of the Tit Tanic. It has to be heard.
- His playthrough of Spore. All of it.
Mark: [Your character] ain't no slut. You ain't gonna-Tyler: You gotta get a bone before you can do that.Mark: Aiaaaaaa I love banchaMark and Tyler: Estoy en gatoMark and Tyler: En mis pantalonesMark: En el en puedioMark: El est oy un puedioMark: En el en un puedioMark: La ba la banchaMark: Puedio
- Notice how it zooms in and then settles on Mark's face.
- Mark does the time-honored tradition of screwing around in Photobooth. It's much funnier than it sounds.
- The end of GMOD Murder #14. Bob is on a ledge with a gun pointed at Wade, Mark, and Jack, and says that if the murderer pulls out his knife, he will shoot one of the bystanders and leave the remaining two to duke it out. Mark, who is currently the murderer, pulls out the knife. Bob immediately shoots him.
- During a round of GMOD Sandbox with JackSepticEye, the two build their own forts, and each try to destroy the other. Jack's is made out of ammo crates and a few wooden ones, so that when Mark tosses a grenade, only one of the wooden boxes is destroyed. Fort Blam-Ass (Mark's fort), on the other hand is mostly made out of explosive barrels, so when Jack throws his grenade - BOOM.
- Mark and Bob play Don't Starve Together. At the start of day 2, they chop down a tree and immediately awaken a treeguard. Hilarity Ensues.
- After several episodes of failure after failure, he swears off Vanish for forever. He eventually returns and, lacking any new material to talk about (since he's already covered everything about the game in the previous six episodes), he decides to retell the history of America. It eventually devolves into 25 minutes of pure rage.
Markiplier(After being thrown into the maze unwillingly): Ohhhhhhhhh, I'm here against my will! I can related so much to that! I would rather be anywhere than playing this game!
- Mark going savagely apeshit over the insanely bad QWOP-style controls of I Am Bread. Made by the same people who brought us Surgeon Simulator and its notoriously difficult controls.
- On his second attempt, where he used a controller (which was recommended for the game), he gets so angry he literally breaks said controller on camera.
- The end of part 5 of Anna is comedy gold. When Mark places the Mask of the Divine and the mourning dress on the chair, he freaks out when the ensemble pops onto the chair and looks right at him. He regains his composure, lamenting how he'd actually hoped that wouldn't work, then turns around and a phantom copy of the mask appears right in his face, prompting Cluster F-Bomb angrish.
"ARGH, GOD! YOU MOTHER... FUCKING FUCK!"
- He then opens part 6 stating he is NOT going to look behind him at the horror he just created. Only to nearly collapse yet again later when the Assassin's Mask abruptly falls off his face due to completing a puzzle.
- Mark plays Zoo Race, a racing game where a bunch of animals celebrate surviving The Great Flood by racing each other. It's even stranger than it sounds.
- Misao asks you to give a name to the player character and an NPC. Mark comes up with "Samanthera" for the player character and "Isabelonkr" for Miss Library. He cracks up the second time.
" 'I am Onigawara, the student council president', BULLSHIT, 'And this is the student council room', BULLSHIT also."" 'After the earthquake, the school was sucked into another world', totally logical."" 'Well. It's a curse', hee-hee, Misao's curse, of course!"" 'Always in the library, so that's what we call her', we being me and myself, of course. I'm not crazy."" 'So you will. As Library informs me, the school is full of evil spirits. And yet you still wish to go', you dumb-dumb."
- Any Hello, [Insert Name Here] situation in any game is going to end in madness where Mark is involved. The Escapists is a very good example of this, with YouTube commenters jokingly pondering just how hilariously bad the names of Mark's kids might be if he had any.
- After Samanthera blacks out and is sent into the other dimension, she meets Onigawara...who Mark recognizes from another game. His commentary throughout the whole scene is hilarious.
- When Mark plays Whack Your Boss, he picks the scissors, resulting in a Slashed Throat for the Boss alongside a huge amount of High-Pressure Blood. Now, that's not funny in and of itself (well, depending on your point of view). What is funny, however, is Mark's squicked-out reaction to it. The moment the scissors hit...
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEERRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!! OOOOHH, GOD!!! ...UUURHH! That's like my worst one! I hate that! Ohh, God!
- Mark being scared of the giant window behind him while he is staying with the Game Grumps. Towards the start of "Whack Your Computer" he even mentions "Five Nights at Grumps" because of it.
- Using stupidity as a method of procrastination.
- All of A Day/Year in the Life of Markiplier. It's Mark being... Mark.
- Mark plays the Henry Stickmin series. It's fun laughing along with Mark at the series' silliness.
- In Mark's play-through of Exoptable Money, he gets worried because his cat hasn't come back yet. After a while, he picks up a ukulele and starts improvising a song about how much he misses it. Though, it does result in Mood Whiplash once it's revealed Madame Sinclair killed the cat and wants to sell its fur.
- Mark's playthrough of Monstrum had three deaths and each of those were hilarious. The first was him getting cornered by the monster and staring with his mouth wide open for a good ten seconds after screaming "What the hell?! Holy shit!" The second was him running into steam, his old enemy. The final one had him getting two of the needed things to get out... and then he walked into steam.
- The first of these is made even funnier by the fact that Mark was seriously Tempting Fate, shouting that all the noise was going to get one of the crew members killed, only to be immediately answered by the monster's roar. This practically becomes a Running Gag when he first meets the second monster.
- What's even more hilarious is that the Brute's orange glowing lights can be seen during the middle of his spiel, meaning that it was turning the corner or already right behind him. Becomes very amusing when you imagine the Brute listening to Mark and letting him finish his sentence, then pulverizing him.
- In his second video, he gets all the components for the raft, assembles and lowers it... then proceeds to leap over the railing and die from the fall.
- Made doubly funny by the fact that the death-screen displayed by the game was that of the death-by-steam.
- His reaction to running into a second monster after the above-mentioned failure, and everything that proceeds from it, is spectacular. It's likely he thought he had the game figured out at that point, making it all the more hilarious. It's probably the first time in a long while an indie horror game caught Markiplier so off-guard
- The first of these is made even funnier by the fact that Mark was seriously Tempting Fate, shouting that all the noise was going to get one of the crew members killed, only to be immediately answered by the monster's roar. This practically becomes a Running Gag when he first meets the second monster.
- The entirety of Mark's playthrough of Air Control. Moments include:
- During his play of Fatal Frame II, in the fight where he first meets the Kusabi, while trying to discover what he need to do, Mark tries to take a photo of him (witch yields no results) making him say "Instructions not clear, got dick stuck in ghost!".
- Mark usually reads any found files outloud for the viewers, but lot of the Apocalyptic Logs found throughout the game have words missing and replaced with asterisks. By the fourth video he's retching at every other word to fill in the gaps.
- The outro of the video where ghosts suddenly appear as he's about to say his goodbyes.
- After not playing for quite awhile, he started playing it again. The title for the episode? MIOOOOOOOOO!!
- His frustrations at the numerous amounts of backtracking that he had to do that he realizes too late that he just started the final chapter.
- The random JUMPCUT in his first I Am Bread video.
- His Hot Sauce + I Am Bread + Sick Day CHALLENGE!! is chock full of hilarity, particularly the moment where he just loses it and screams for seven full seconds.
- One of Mark's creations in Besiege is the Not-A-Pe-Nis 3000, the very latest in farming technology.
Markiplier: It comes with a patented cannon! FOR FARMING!Markiplier: Nota-Pe-Nis "Life is hard, you should be too"
- And now introducing the new and improved Not-A-Pe-Nis 4000 and the Not-A-Pe-Nis Lite.
- Mark showing off the FARMING cannons effectiveness against a stone harp, first with one cannon, four cannons and finally FIFTEEN cannons. All failing each time.
- At the SXSW Gaming Awards, Mark asked Janet if she could teach him Pi Sho. She asks him if he has a lifetime to learn, which Mark takes as a marriage proposal. She tells him no and that he will forever be available to all of his fan girls. Mark is very disgruntled after this.
- He also becomes very sad when the award they accepted for Nintendo gets taken away.
- Markiplier playing Plug and Play. At the end of the game, he's at a loss for words.
Markiplier: <slurred> Awright, I guess that's the end of it! Sooooo, there you go! That's Plug and Play! Uhhweh- the moral of the story is... <long beat>Markiplier: I don't know why I wasted your time or why you stuck with this! So, HEY-HEY! WOO-HOO! HA-HA! PRIZES FOR EVERYBO- <trails off>
- In his play through of Antumbra:
Markiplier: People are saying it's very, very good, and since I'm so good at games, I'm not going to have any trouble with this at all... Please stop laughing, I haven't even gotten to the game yet.
- #SEXYMARK shows Mark making pancakes in the most over-the-top Fanservice-y way possible.
- Throughout his April 2015 Charity Livestream, he greets all the countries that everyone keeps saying they're from. However, at one point, he gets so frustrated with Super Mario World that, when people start telling him their locations again in hopes of getting greeted, he says that he doesn't care where everyone's from. He dies immediately after saying this. This is funny enough, especially with everyone in the chat lampshading it, but after he registers what happened, he starts backtracking and apologizing. After a couple minutes of that, he admits that he's not really sorry and is just trying to make sure karma doesn't get him again. He dies again after saying that.
- "Hello, Russia! Hello! Australia!"
- "I want a frick feather! Can I get the frick feather instead of the Fire Flower? Can I get a frick feather/Fire Flower combo?"
- "Hi Sophie! Hi 4:20 market!"
- Wanna know what Mark does whenever he's not doing his let's plays? Well now you know.
Mark: (in a bathtub with the shower running, in his clothes) I could have been an engineer... (breaks down sobbing)
- Number 6: Rethink My Life.
Mark: *Looks at EipDieWep's channel, looks interested*Green Bird: Mark, I don't think this is such a good idea.Mark: (sigh) Shut up, Jacques!Jacques: SWOHSWOHSWOH- [Smash Cut]
- Number 4: Steal Ideas from Other Youtubers' Channels
Mark: *in his best cultist voice* wa-wa-na-sha-ha... wo-ra-ha-ha-naBrian... vas-resha...Brian Regan Picture: A-gobba-ma *raspberries out candle* Hor-he [Smash Cut]
- Number 2: Pray to My Brian Regan Shrine
- The entirety of his Trollface Quest series could qualify, but his reaction to beating the second level of the first gamenote should give you a good idea of what to expect:
Mark:(After staring in stunned silence for a few seconds) Well I can already tell this game is going to drive me to drink! Isn't it?
- The way he flubs his intro in some of his videos can be... interesting.
Mark: Hello everybody! My name is Markiplier, and welcome to let's play Ao Oni! A-O Oni. Now... I... Eugh... Uhh... Ehh... AAAHHH—Mark: Hello- *voice crack* HOAAAAAAA—Mark: Hello everybody! My name is Warkiplier... What?!
- In Ao Oni part 1:
Mark: Hello everybody! My name is Markiplier, and welcome to The Plague, ga gindie gi-goo bi-goo-boo kuhuhuhu!Mark: Hello everybody! My name is Markiplier, and welcome to Infiltrating the Airship, the same game in the line of games made by the people who made the other games like Stealing the Diamond and Escaping the Pri- I dauuuuuua. [cut]Mark: *laughing to himself* This is the worst intro e-verrr.
- In The Plague:
Mark: Hello everybody! My name is Markiplier, and welcome to BNKR, also known as 'Bunker' if you wanna analonin— analoni— analogininize like that... *makes a troll face while nyuking, which then reverses*
- In BNKR:
- Mark confessing that he was able to make out with a total stranger at a party. The caption really says it all.
- In the opening of Dancing With Caution (With the Addition of Markiplier), when he dances to the the opening music, he shakes his head so hard that his headphones come off and spill coffee all over his desk.
Mark: It's everywhere! Oh no, it's everywhere!
- Mark promoting his new perfume. Just..... watch the brilliance.
- MARKIPLIER GETS BANNED FROM YOUTUBE. He probably would have been, if this massively censored passage hadn't been edited out:
Mark: (jokingly) If I was gonna flip you off, I would flip you off. (laughs) Did I mention that WE (makes "fucking" hand motions) you know, with the homeless!*Wade makes a horrified face*Mark: and the-Mark: and the-(Technical Difficulties)Wade: *horrified* Mark no! Stop! You're gonna have to mute all of this!Mark: and after they f-[BANNED]Mark: ("eating" hand motion) Om-nom-nom!
Mark: (with his face in his hands) If I forget to censor this...
Wade: (Double Take)Mark: (laughing uncontrollably) That face!
- At the very end of the episode:
- Sydney Shark, the sequel to the game Miami Shark, has this as the ending. What sells it is Mark's silence:
Mark: Oh. Well. That seems... I-I'm doing a good thing? I'm doing a good thing?Mark: *silence and shocked face as the points rack up*Mark: *with a confused look* YEAH! I DID IT!
- In Matthais' Video, The Sound Effects Challenge, near the end of it, Wade keeps saying "FWOP", much to Markiplier's dismay
Mark: Are you Santa?Wade: FWOPMark: ...SANTA, put it away!
- In the game The Terrible Old Man (Based On the H.P. Lovecraft Novel), before he plays the game, Mark makes up his own story, and, well...
Mark: So anyway... There's this guy sitting at a bar, he's very old and very terrible. He's just sitting there hating life and hating everyone. When all of a sudden, CTHULHU POPS THROUGH THE DOORS, TENTACLES EVERYWHERE. IT'S LIKE A BAD JAPANESE HENTAI. (coughs and cut)Mark: So anyway, the tentacles go out and kill everyone, it doesn't do anything else to them, it just murders them, which is totally fine... And then Cthulhu sits down with the old man, they look each other in the eye, and they know they both hate minorities. And... (breaks down laughing, cut)Mark: OR I could just shut up and play the game and then you could experience what the story actually is instead of my stupid rambling...
- Mark's play-through of GAME OF THE YEAR 420BLAZEIT. Just him reacting to the game's weirdness in general.
- Markiplier walks down the street. ...And EVERYTHING out of the ordinary happens.
- In Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion, Mark didn't see Specimen 8 directly in his first playthrough. When he revisits the game after some updates, he sees it and flips.
Mark: DEAR GOD! It's literally a deer god!
- And then his reaction when he realizes he can't sprint anymore after seconds earlier thanking Spooky for giving him unlimited stamina is just priceless.
- This bit from Action Henk:
MARKIPLIER: [after another closeup shot of Betsy's face] Ahh, hi, Betsy. I'm sorry about everything I said! Please don't murder me in my sleep! [cut] Betsy knows when you're awake! Betsy sees if you've been bad or good, SO BE GOOD FOR BETSY'S SAKE!
- The end of this video (at Indy Pop Con) calls back to the Goofy Goober song, including Bob not joining in and walking away at the end. While the Goofy Goober song is still hilarious, what clinches it is at the line 'We're all goofy goobers'. Mark literally drags in new buddy Jack. Literally drags him in. Doubles as a Heartwarming moment.
- Aside from Mark's frantic antics while playing The Evil Within, there's this awkward moment when Joseph takes a harpoon through the noggin in stride.
- While playing 'The Arm', Mark forgets that he's holding down the space bar, which stores power and makes your punch more powerful. He starts to quote a very popular 'rolling a one' result ("You reach out to push the orc off the bridge, but instead lightly caress his back. He is uncomfortable.") when he releases his punch, killing the monster instantly.
*monster explodes into chunks* Mark: Woah-ho-ho-ho! I thought I was gonna gently caress his back, I gently caressed him to pieces.
- In Holy Potatoes A Weapon Shop, Mark is given the opportunity to name a weapon. He immediately comes up with "The Buttstabber".
- Night Blights brings us several funny lines.
- In episode one, he mentions having to "deliver this Furby into the jaws of hell."
- Episode two:
Mark: "Yum, yum, SHUT UP!"Mark: "I'm a grizzled veteran of a toddler."
- In Soccer Physics w/ Wade:
Mark: (Between laughing) Stupid, so stupid. Stupid. Did I mention this is stupid? (Yeah.) So stupid.
- Mark looked like he nearly had a heart attack right there! And in true Markiplier fashion, once he starts losing, he starts calling the game stupid.
- In The Deepest Sleep, he calls the Bottom Feeders "Buttholes" because they bear resemblance to them. He later finds the "Toasty Buddy" easter egg on the cinnamon toast in the kitchen. Combine the two...
Mark:(In front of a Bottom Feeder he can't figure out how to get past) What am I supposed to do about you?! Can I throw cinnamon toast toast into you? Would that appease the mighty Buttgole god? Butthole god, person. Butthole, man, what—HE'S A BUTTHOLE!
Mark: Is anybody sleeping in there?! I yell extremely loudly into the— IS ANYBODY SLEEPING?! HUUUH?!! IS ANYBODY?!?! Okay.
- In Deeper Sleep, Mark demonstrates what No Indoor Voice sounds like when he comes across a dark and empty bedroom.
- In his LP of Agar.io, when attempting to become the biggest cell in a game. Apparently, he recorded the intro before attempting it, and had to dub over when he didn't quite succeed:
Mark: I'm here to show you how to get to (lips)
number one(deadpan voice) number two on the leaderboard.
- Almost every damn second of his playthrough of Sonic Dreams Collection is made of several magnitudes of hilarious, disturbing and hilariously disturbing. Words can't do it justice.
- "WHO THE HELL'RE YOU CALLIN' GIRLY, BOI?!"
- While playing Firewatch, he has a few moments, but him playing with Officer Forrest Byrnes is a continuous Crowning Moment of Funny. Especially whenever Deliah is saying something heartwarming or dramatic and all Mark does is zoom in on the cutout's face, making him giggle like a madman.
- Wilford Warfstache interviews Mark. It doesn't end well for Mark.
- When asked what his favourite game is, the boom mic gets shoved in his mouth.
- When asked about fans:
Warfstache: Anyway, have you ever met one these "fans"...?Mark: Yeah, I meet fans all the time. I go to conventions all around...Warfstache: ...and murdered their entire family?Mark: No! No! No! No! I have not! No! No! No!Warfstache: So! You admit it! You heard it here first, ladies and gentlemen. The Markiplier has just admitted to never murdering anyone.Mark: Now I didn't say that.Warfstache: What?
- The MEOW video. Markiplier puts his mouth over footage of cats, saying "meow" with varying levels of intensity.
Cat!Mark: Why did I waste my life making this video?*Cut to black*Mark: (whispering) Because I can!
- While playing the game 'Rake', Mark's character is wandering through the woods at night in search of the creature. During a moment of silence, the character in the game suddenly begins screaming, surprising Mark who also screams and panics, firing the gun aimlessly.
- Markiplier's interesting porn collection.
- Also from that video, his utter bewilderment as to why he owns Flora's Fruit Farm, why he bought it on Christmas six years ago, and why he never played it.
- Mark has an off day. An absolutely hilarious, language-mangling off day.
- Mark plays the fifth Henry Stickmin game, Fleeing the Complex. The usual hilarity hasn't vanished from this game, but a standout moment is the "Distract" option. Henry starts dancing to distract the guards, but they and Ellie all join in. Mark found this so amusing that not only did he play it three times throughout the video, he modified his outro to include the music from that scene.
Markiplier: NooooOOOHOHOHO! Not here, you dick!
- There's also the point where he encounters the Five Nights at Freddy's reference. You'd expect him to have PTSD by now, but he's completely casual about it. "Hi, Freddy!"
- When he gets the "Tool Gun" failurenote , he reacts normally... at first. Then:
Markiplier: (mimicking Charles's singing) "This is the greatest plaaaaaan!"
- His reaction to Charles' plan and goofy little song.
Markiplier: Click here for a medal... oh, NO, come on!... uh? Oh? Uh? Hey! How's it going? Huh? Okay! Sure! Yes! Good!... I don't know!... I don't know what the capital of Mongolia is... I read what you were saying, but I don't know what the capital of— don't skip my words, okay. Dogs have feet. Paws, really. Press the sun in the sneaky ending... press the sun in the sneaky ending? Ohhhhh... which one is correct? This! Yay! Confession? Both correct... press the right-most button? Yes! Oh. Don't press this button? Okay... (presses it and is sent back to the title screen) NOOOOOOOOOHOOOOHOOOOOOOO, NOOO-HOO-HOO! You dick!
- His struggles with the "Click here for a medal" Overly Long Gag. (Begins at around 14:55)
- The irony that Mark's adorable new golden retriever is named Chica.
- Welcome to the Boner Cast.
- Since Mark wasn't able to beat Ghost Supermarket, he made a sketch to sate our curiosity about how the game ends. Cue Mark acting out the game's events in the most dramatic way imaginable, with Ryan and Matt as supermarket greeter ghosts.
- Making another sketch with the now disbanded Cyndago group, Markiplier Inc. now presents to you Popcorn. Now with 25% more Shout Out to HowToBasic.
- Mark begins his Super Mario Maker playthrough by tackling Ross' levels. The ones that made even Danny completely lose his mind. It's every bit as hilarious as it sounds.
- What do you get when Mark, Ryan, and Matt combine Photobooth with an ice bath? Gleeful, painful, sadistic fun!. And probably some of the most hilariously horrifying screams you'll ever hear!
Ryan: "Are those real screams?''
- Four words: Arrow to the Nuts!
- With Mark's blue hair, people are making jokes about how he was autobalanced to the BLU team.
- Mark and his buddies playing the "Whisper Challenge", aka, lip reading disaster. Hilarity Ensues.
Mark: (reading tweet to Matthias) I'm white girl wasted.'Matthias: I'm a racist reindeer.Tyler: I'm ready to eat you.Wade: I'm pregnant, don't eat Jews.
- They've now made a second video.
- Now they have a third video, and it started going downhill from the start.
Mark: Markiplier is a gorgeous man.Matthias: Markiplier is a studious man.Tyler: Markiplier is a tootie fruitie.Wade: Markiplier is a fruity tooty.
- And then there's this one.
Wade: I love the feeling of mac and cheese on my face.Mark: I love feeling leather on my testicles.Matthias: I love feet and leather testiballs.Tyler: I love fecal matter. I can't help it.
- And this one.
Matthias: Ducks are bloodthirsty little beasts.
- And this one with Jesse. Particularly cause of Matthias's commentary.
Jesse: Chicks and alcohol never mixes. (Matthias: That's so not true!)
Wade: Soldier shits, oh baby fetuses. (Matthias: WHAT?!)
Mark: Don't jizz on my puppies please. (Matthias: WHAT?!)Mark: All I want for Christmas is popcorn.
Matthias: Only one for you, because I am busy getting popcorn.
Matt: I am the only one to bring home the Christmas ham.
Ryan: I'm going to go wash when I get home to see my baby.Matt: Deez Nuts.
Ryan: See God.
Mark: Eat Cocks.
Matthias: Eat Dogs. (silence for few seconds)
Matt:''' Okay.... (confused at all the answers)Matthias: The purple pineapples are coming.
Matt: The purple pants are mine.
Ryan: The poopy pastor, a bear.
Mark: The purple bastard, a baker.Ryan: Shrek could motorboat me any day.
Mark: Straight motorboat me, no mayonnaise.
Matthias: Trick the moo moo girl, she is a menace.
Matt: Do you have the purple pill, drink piss.
Wade: Chocolate puppy poopybutts.
- The ending to each video is hilarious as well, with Matthias and Wade interrupting Mark by making kissing noises at the camera (and in Wade's case, actually kissing Mark's shoulder), bringing Mark's outro to a screeching halt.
- There is now a fourth.
Matt: Chocolate penis poopypants.
Ryan: Sean's penis pooped its pants.
Mark: Now I know you're fucking with me!
Ryan: That's what I saw!
'''Mark: Shock the penis, pussymaster.Wade: And the original was... chocolate puppy poopypants.
Matt: I- You said penis!Matt: What do you mean I can't bang my cousin?
Ryan: When you go to the bank at night with kids.
Mark: When you go to the pancake hut, you get cancer.
Wade: Where are your peacocks? How about at the store?
Matt: I want to lick your whipped cream.
Ryan: I want to lick your women's cream.
Mark: I wash my teeth with women's creams.
- Mark: Every pickle is in the jar.
Wade: Ever been allergic to chocolate? note
Matt: Every peacock chews Jewish chocolate.
Ryan: Everybody chews jew chocolate.
Markiplier: Thanks for watching the Whisper Challenge. This has been a travesty from start to finish, but you can watch the other calamities we've done in the past through the links in the description below. ... If you wanna see more, god help you, I don't know.
- There is also the fact that Matt uses Wade's tweet that announced the challenge/submissions. The result ends up completely differing from the original tweet, leaving Wade with a look of dumbstruck defeat.
- The outro for the fourth. Wade is crying with laughter.
- The 7 Second Challenge. All of it. Must-see. Can be seen here.
Mark: Be more enthused, Jesse.Jesse: HI! *Screen rumbles, voice echoes slightly**everyone laughs*
- In the intro, after everyone has been introduced:
Mark: (reading challenge) Be a chair for the person holding the phone.
- Wade dancing like an angry swan. Gweek!
Matthias: What? No...
Mark: (gets on his lap and begins to lose his balance) Shit...
(Matthias shoves him off. There's a crash)
- The Balloon Roulette Challenge, but in particular:
- "SPIDERS CAN'T SWIM" in which Mark, Ryan, and Matt take turns attempting to solve a rubik's cube in 2 minutes. Ryan completes his, but Matt and Mark both fail and are pushed backward into the pool.
Chica, save him!
- When Chica attempts to help.
- And later after Mark gets pushed in:
- When Chica attempts to help.
- Reading Dirty Craiglists with his friends. Yeah...
- When Mark plays Don't Whack Your Boss with Superpowers, he picks the claw option first thing and watches in horror as the Boss is quite literally carved into cubes. Then the preview for the mobile version keeps using that particular animation. Needless to say, he is terrified.
- How do you win and pull off an Epic Fail at the same time? Mark shows you how.
- While the livestream itself is rather old and was broadcast early in Mark's YouTube career, this scene certainly counts. To elaborate, Mark connects two blocks via a pipe, and then everything explodes. His and Bob's reactions just sell it. The Reveal about Bob being responsible for the explosion makes it even funnier.
- While all of "Think FAST Markimoo!" is hilarious, special mention goes to the intro, and about three-quarters of the way through the video, where Mark and Wade decide to take a break from the game to watch the Scott Sterling vid. On-camera.
- These improv stories are hilarious.
- Mark's crops in Stardew Valley are not planted in the shape of a penis. As he explained during his livestream:
Mark: So these parsnips are ready to go, so I'm just gonna farm them up here, which... kind of leaves this interesting channelly shaft-like area in the middle of my farm. Uh, it's actually for the...aerodynamics of the air, to get to the crops appropriately, so that they...get the nutrients from the air that they need. "Is that a penis?" What are you talking about? It's a farm! My God!
- From the ending of the particularly gory "Whack the Burglars":
Mark: "Coming next: Whack the Serial Killer"? You mean YOU? It better be whacking this spiky-haired psycho!
- For April Fool's Day, Markiplier released not two, but three hilariously Mundane Made Awesome videos. They involve:
- In one of his "Reading Your Comments" videos, Mark reads a comment demanding him to "entertain us." Mark does just that.
- During his playthrough of Ben and Ed, Mark has particular trouble on the level with the collapsing cubes as the zombie constantly falls into the abyss. The first fifty minutes of him struggling with the level is where he begins to really get mad.
Mark: Ohhhh, WHY?? WHY DO YOU GO IN THE FUCKING (thumps the desk) WRONG DIRECTION?!?!
- His playthrough of Job Simulator (on the HTC Vive). There's something incredibly amusing about him constantly throwing any object he could find at the robots.
- Especially the first time, when he accidentally throws one of his controllers into a lamp. The reason why he throws the object in-game is because he was prompted to take a paper when ready. Seeing that said paper just tells him "GET TO WORK," he throws it at the Human Instruction Board in offense while saying "Ah, fuck you!" This is followed by a slow motion replay.
- Ten seconds into the "Office Worker video", he randomly breaks into weird dance. The subtitles (should you turn them on) can only describe it as "the routine mating dance".
- 'Crumpets. Crumpets, crumpets, crumpets. *picks up some items* Are these crumpets? I don't know what British speak means.'
- Mark upped his Deadpan Snarker tendencies for this game and spent entire videos insulting his robot customers and bosses, and generally acting like a disgruntled employee.
- Mark gets slapped by both Felix and Sean as punishment for not getting a video up, although both of them are very hesitant to slap him.
To Felix: Stop being a bitch and slap me.Felix: Alright, say something mean, I can't just slap you, I don't know...Mark: You didn't earn any of your subscrib- *WHACK*Mark: (to Sean after slapping him very softly) Oh that was a bitch slap, c'mon hit me harder.
- In the ALL OUT WAR video Markiplier and Matpat fool around with some prop swords (as in whacking and being whacked by) and the exchanged dialogue is priceless.
Mark: I happen to get hurt in a lot of videos that I make. It's really bizarre.Matt: We suffer for our art.Mark: ..."Art."Matt: *Bursts out laughing*Mark: Shut up. You pretentious prick. Make another FNaF video, you asshole. *Laughs*
- During part 3 of his Let's Play of Tasty Planet 2, Mark is horrified to learn that a dinosaur apparently devoured several baby dinosaurs and freaks out. "IT WAS BAAAAAABIES!!"
Mark: This is not okay for 4:30 in the goddamn morning. Fuck. It was babies. (pause) What if my neighbor wakes up to me shouting "It was babies"? I'm gonna get the goddamn cops called on me and then I'm gonna be arrested away shouting: "IT WAS BABIES THE WHOLE TIME! FUCKIN' BAAAABIES!! FUUUUUUUUUCK!!!
- The context for both this episode and the previous episode is hilarious as well - he had just come back from PAX and was incredibly tired, leading him to rant and go off on complete tangents during the episodes.
- Chica got spayed the other day and was stoned on painkillers throughout the Chica Had Surgery video. A bit sad to see the normally bubbly Chica so out of it. Until Mark revealed that she was standing in one spot for fifteen minutes. Then it becomes hilarious.
- The fact that Chica looks angry (despite being stoned) about being spayed makes that pretty funny, as well.
- To celebrate 4 years of being a Let's Player, Markiplier proceeds to do a reaction video to the first video he did involving a face cam. Of course, he does this while sitting in a bathtub full of ice and eating 13(!) habaneros! Pain does little to describe what he went through!
- During the Clean your Computer level of Afterlife: the Game, Markiplier finds porn based on him and other fellow Youtubers and bursts out laughing, gets distracted, and runs out of time without accomplishing anything.
- Mark plays Google Feud, a game that's basically Family Feud except with Google search results. He ultimately breaks down in laughter as he puts in weird answers only to discover that some of the answers are either simpler or just weirder, and starts giving answers involving "a pet named Steve".
- Even funnier, if you try to Google "I think I have...", it'l now auto-complete to "a pet named Steve", no doubt because of viewers looking it up not realizing it's just a random thing Mark came up with.*
- Mark starts playing Felix's new game called the Pewdiebot, and just like how he converses with Eviebot, it doesn't end well.
Mark: Hello, my name is Markiplier.
- Mark trying to imitate Felix's most popular hater (malcom1466) and can't keep a straight face saying his lines.
- An animated adaptation of Mark playing an Attack on Titan fangame goes as well as expected with Mikasa and Eren rolling their eyes at him.
- Mark has a tendency to upload completely random short videos involving Chica, without any context whatsoever. All of them can fit in some way or another. Bonus: turn on the closed captioning, you won't regret it. Chica is not amused.
- BOAT DOG! BOAT DOG! BOAT DOG! BOOOOAT DOG!
- PUNK DOG! Starring Chica wearing a mohawk wig and a guitar.
- GHOST DOG! GHOST DOG! GHOOOOST DOG! The stereotypical "spooky" background and Mark clearly holding Chica up sells it.
- This one has Chica's head on Snoop Dogg's body, with Mark's on the background dancers.
- Anytime Mark walks into a bear trap in Lethe.
- The majority of Sort The Court is this. Mark constantly says "Yes" or "No". Examples include him saying "No" to Chester and Georgie whenever they appear.
Mark: Nooo? My gold?! But I want my gold. How many townspeople are we talking? I-I just let someone else eat them for gold. So... are we talking about all of them? Why am I even debating this? This is something about me that I'm debating this. Yeah?Mark loses 400 gold.Mark: Oh god.Dragon: Haha, yes! I'll take that!Mark: (sounding nervous) Okay, thank you. Goodbye.
- When Mark encounters the dragon after finally saying "Yes" to Chester, who gives him gold in exchange for eating some of the townspeople. The dragon demands Mark's gold, with the threat of eating Mark's townspeople if Mark does not oblige.
- Chef Dog, by itself, isn't particularly funny, mainly Chica 'cooking' and eating a meal. The closed captioning, though, is hilarious.
- Towards the end of "Cannibal Cafe", Mark decides to take a moral stance against the game when he realizes that the player character is either killing people or having others kill for them for their restaurant. This leads to him refusing to serve the customers and repeatedly making wrong combinations to spite them.
- Mark gets sick and decides to embark on a 'try not to cringe' challenge, giving us this gem of a quote:
My ability to give a f*** has been medicinally suppressed.
- world's best dad
- Mark takes a series of quizzes to find out his YouTuber boyfriend/girlfriend. This being Mark, he manages to make it hilarious.
- At first he approves of getting Jenny because she has this video on her channelnote , only to realize that she also has several Undertale videos. Cue silent horror, and Mark deciding it wouldn't work out. Later, when he gets TheGabbieShow, he specifically searches her channel to find out if she likes it too. He cheers when nothing comes up.
- When he watches one of Gabbie's videos, he zooms in on her faint red streaks. Then when she dresses like an emo, Mark puts on his own emo makeup and shirt.
- Mark's introduction to the Peepo scene from Nanalan is hilarious: first he looks visibly horrified, then cracks up towards the end.
- In a reference to his early days on YouTube, Mark gets around to playing PewDiePie's Tuber Simulator... and shaves off the beard he's been sporting for several years. Cue instant hilarity as outcries spring up of everything from how cute Babyplier is to (mostly in good fun) Ruined FOREVER from the fangirls.
- And, of course, lampshaded by Mark.
- Markiplier: Ergo... "Babyplier". And that's not "Babe-iplier", as in, "what a babe", that's "Man-Baby". "Babyplier" is here to entertain you, and horrify you, with my face!
- And, of course, lampshaded by Mark.
- Mark's overly-literal pronounciation (skip to 8:25) of "Curtis Rx" while playing Lost in Vivo is either hilarious, cringeworthy, or both.
Mark: Cur-Tis Ricks
- Mark plays Killing Room, which has an interesting gimmick of allowing people outside your game in real life to give you things. Early on in the game, Mark uses a vending machine to gain popularity and it cuts a leg off, which prevents sprinting and jumping. When he beats the level, he finds that his fans gave him... High heels. Which usually turn you into a Super Smash Bros Brawl character by giving you a chance to trip while running, but he can't sprint, so it does nothing.
Mark: Ok, I am dying and this is bad, I only have my pistol and I am seeing clowns.
- The follow-up has his fans give him Shrooms and Lunacy, both of which feature an Interface Screw. Mark's horror at having both is priceless, especially when cartoon ponies and clowns start appearing on-screen.
- After finishing up the game "Deer Man", Mark plays a massive parody of the game's story with random fans around the neighborhood, with a ridiculous inflatable deer head costume and Nerf bows.
- Mark and company breaking bad news in an entertaining way.
- When Mark plays "Oh...Sir!! The Insult Simulator", the CPU sometimes has difficulty thinking up insults, most notably in episode 2:
CPU: Your mother doesn't like a dead parrot!
Mark: WHY WOULD SHE??
- Mark, Bob and Wade's playthrough of The Rake, a game that never left Alpha and thus has some...questionable physics. Right off the bat, Mark is in the middle of his intro when Wade and Bob's characters walk in front of him, bent backwards, making him crack up. It only goes downhill from there (and Wade's version of the video offers more perspectives, letting you see the goofy stuff Mark is doing).
- Mark, Bob and Wade played Genital Jousting. To summarize: 20% was dick jokes, 20% was "Let me fuck you" jokes and 60% was the three of them shudder and moan in extreme discomfort.
Mark: If you want to see more, let us know in the comments below. (Wade and Bob shake their heads)Mark: If you're horribly offended by this, let us know in the comments below. (Wade and Bob nod)Mark: If you never want to see this ever again, let us know in the comments below. (Bob vehemently nods)
- When they see the "Up to Consent" screen, all three start out as shocked before laughing helplessly.
- At the end, Mark presents the options for the watchers:
- The second part begins, only to Bob suddenly retch and shudder, only to explain how it wasn't even on purpose.
- Bukkake Mode.
- At the end of the second part, an editing mistake results in the outro music being horrifically loud to the point where it's impossible to hear a word Mark is saying. It was an honest mistake, but you can't deny that it was hilarious in a weird way.
- The trio are understandably horrified when one of the Party Modes involves dogs, only to become relieved that they're just herding them, as opposed to... what you'd expect.
- Bob's promotional video of Dragon's Vale has him, Mark, and Wade have a really big misunderstanding.
- To commemorate reaching 16 million subscribers, Mark takes a Mental Age Test and bets that if his mental age is under 16, he'll let Ethan and Tyler give him a "punishment" of their choosing. Hoping to get a high enough age, he tries going for the "old people" answers throughout the test. He then ends up getting a mental age of seven.
- From Mark's playthrough of Depth, after S.T.E.V.E. finishes with the first safe and Captain Stubbs' message pops up.
Mark: Heh, Captain Stubbs! "That's it! A good haul in that-" (a shark eats him) AAAAAAAAAAH FUCK!
- Mark decides to make Twitter banners for his fans based off their favorite things. However, of course one fan suggests "penis". Mark's reaction is hilarious, and what he comes up with is even more so.
- From Arrow Dodge Challenge #3, Bob somehow manages to shoot the arrow over the neighbour's fence not once, but twice. The second time it happens, it goes through the window and breaks the neighbour's lamp! Cue Mass "Oh, Crap!" from everyone.
- Mark, Wade, and Ethan play Golf With Friends, a mini golf game that not only has hard levels, but has it where you can get a "ball" that's in different shapes (for example, an egg or a cube). Watch as the three of them start screaming in frustration.
- During Mark's play through of Tattletail, all the lights get killed by Mama Tattletail. His response?
Mark: (very loudly) I HATE THIS! FUUUUCK!Mama Tattletail: Mama's looking after you...Mark: (possibly his biggest "no" to date) NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Mark: Oh, oh, that's what you'd call "grinding"? Oh, okay. I think I'd call it "the wails of the damned"!
- Before that, when Mark first hear's Mama's hellish grinding noise, he is told by the game to "investigate the grinding noise."
Mark: Their heads are rolling back in their eyes!
- As we all know, Mark is easily disturbed by things that crawled out of the Uncanny Valley. So naturally, he becomes disturbed by Tattletail, which is essentially a Furby Expy. Each time the toy does something, Mark makes a horrified facial expression.
- When The Tattletails begin their satanic ritual, Mark is nervous enough to flub some of his words.
- Tyler and Ethan got around to punishing Mark for the Mental Age thing. It's... way more elaborate than you'd expect. To be specific, they make Mark host a stage show about himself, where he's the usher, ticketmaster, merchandise and concession cashier (complete with hand-made "Markiplier Sucks" t-shirts), stagehand, and all of the roles. Special mention goes to the musical number about how Tyler is a better Youtuber than Mark.
- A Date With Markiplier, a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style video series Mark uploaded for Valentine's Day. It really has to be experienced fresh to appreciate.
- "MARKIPLIER BLOOPERS 2016", which is pretty much just a hilarious collection of goofs, antics, and innuendos that didn't end up in the final videos.
- Try Not to Smile Challenge Mark valiantly tries, but the baby emus and ostriches at the end break him. He releases a Big "NO!" on seeing them and screams that he doesn't want to see them grow, he wants them to stay small.
- Mark singing with his daschund Maggie. He actually starts out fairly well, except Maggie keeps licking at his mouth to interrupt him. When that fails, she starts howling to join him. Many YouTube comments mention their dogs listening to the video and getting confused.
- Tyler's First Edit, which has shades of The Office about it. Tyler's basically Dwight in this situation.
- Behold, probably the most random livestream Mark has ever made. The entire thing is just him sneaking around trying to record Ethan signing for fans without being spotted. Bonus points for the "I'm Tyler" hat.
- The entirety of the Dry Ice Popsicle challenge, found in all its glory here and here. For context, Mark and Tyler have to play Rock Paper Scissors to decide which of them has to eat popsicles made of various unconventional substances, ranging from soda to tartar sauce. Some of the highlights include:
Mark: (face scrunched up) It's not bad...but it tastes wrong.
- The carrot smoothie popsicle. As Mark points out, they basically turned a liquid carrot back into a carrot.
- Mark's reaction to the chipotle garlic sauce popsicle:
- His Mr.Massagy videos, though certain parts certainly stand out.
Mark: I can see it in your pecs... I can see it in your smile. You're all I ever wanted and my pecs are open wide.
- Whenever the game doesn't make any innuendos or dirty jokes, you can bet money on Mark making them.
- Mark "spinning in a circle".
- ''((Makes a duck sound))''
- Mark meets a very desperate "woman" in an abandoned spaceship.
- While he enjoys his date with Mayo a lot, when he and Mayo start singing Lionel Richie, he just downright loses it.
- French Mark flirting with a cow next to the iron-rod Eiffel Tower.
- Mark wants to show the video watchers how the massage works by holding the controller to his microphone.
- Mark manages to deliver an Epic Fail to date a pillow. And he later doesn't understand why he needs to manually massage himself.
- Navia enjoys mentioning about how big Johnny is. Mark never hesitates to either mention how he gets that all the time or say he never heard that before.
- Navia at one point refers the werwolf girl from earlier, resulting in Mark delivering a Hurricane of Puns. Sexual ones, of course.
- "Let me put on my best Link expressions for you!" *Voice Grunting*
- "Oh Ducky... Oh Ducky... OH DUCKY..."
- Mark quickly realizes the gravity of One Shot when the game uses his name to tell him he only has one chance. Without asking what it was.
Mark: "Your actions here will affect Niko," WHOA! I though you were talking to Niko there. You're talkin' to me? "Your actions here will affect Niko. Your 'mission' is to help Niko leave. And most importantly..."Mark: "You only have one shot, Mark," Don't do that to me! Don't you do that to me!! No, no, no, that's baaaaaad!
Prophetbot: "Ah, That Would Be Our God!"Mark: "Yay! Finally, the recognition I deserve!"
- And when he learns about his role in the world...
- When Calamus first appears with his portrait covered in shadow, Mark gives him a Dark Knight-esque Guttural Growler voice. He keeps using it even after seeing that Calamus is a kid.
- The 17 million subscriber video. As Mark tip-taps away on his computer and discovers that he hit 17 million, he immediately runs off to tell everyone... only to see that they're too busy celebrating Wade's birthday to care. What makes it so hilarious is that when they sing him happy birthday, they put extra emphasis on his name ("Happy birthday to WADE, happy birthday to WADE!") as if to make Mark feel even less significant. The video ends with a snapshot of everyone celebrating, while a distressed Mark sits in the sidelines (followed by the caption "Thanks for 17 million!!!" being X'ed out and replaced with a crudely-written "Happy birthday, Wade...")
- Social Interaction Trainer: Be My Friend, this moment:
Textbox: Don't embarrass yourself while meeting her parents.Mark: I BANGED YOUR DAUGHTER!Textbox: Try not to pass gas during this situation.
Mark: I'M NOT WEARING ANY PANTS!!! OW! MY GROIN!!
- Also this moment,
- Seeing Mark flail about in terror while playing Outlast II is a bundle of laughs. For instance, he reads a note, but quickly trails off due to being chased.
Mark: This is my brother. Broken and killed by the tyrant Laird, and his mount Nick, for winehespilledbecauseheblehblehblehblehbleh!!
- In Part 8, Mark is startled when a bunch of Heretics appear while he's trying to record something. When he dies, he finds himself in the exact same position. Several more minutes of Mark being attacked, dying, and restarting occur. Rather than getting angry, he just laughs at the game's "douchery."
- Mark's reaction to the length of the end credits of "Little Nightmares" is hilarious especially when he becomes too impatient and ends up ordering food for pickup. Courtesy of his hunger, Mark starts breaking down.
- Even better is that according to the description the credits are 31 minutes long.
- Also in Little Nightmares is the fact that he hauled around a Cymbal-Banging Monkey for part of a level, then placed it in the cage where the Janitor catches him so he can have some company.
- Markiplier's five Cs of success: cool, calm, carpet, cool-headedness, and crack-cocaine.
- While playing Prey (2017), Mark plays the protagonist as a total Cloud Cuckoolander. Highlights include:
Mark: Thank you! I don't know what I did- I'ma climb on this counter now because I'M A BALLER! THIS IS MY PLACE! I CAN CLIMB ONTO THE COUNTERS IF I WANT TO!Mark (after reading Alex's email): Oh, so that's my brother. Ah, so that's why he was excited- I'M GONNA CLIMB THIS TOO! Because I can! And that's a thing I can do!Mark (In Morgan's bathroom): Anything in here that I need? Can I look- can I climb my sink? (Jumps up on sink, then falls off) Ah yeah, I've broken it. I tried to climb and I failed miserably.
- Monkeying around in his apartment.
Mark (after Dr. Bellamy displays thinly-veiled frustration with the outcome of the first test): *Laughs* What, you didn't like my haphazard throwing speed? Huh? I did it haphazard style. Oh boy. These guys are looking for a sassing.Mark (on being told he's supposed to hide in an a room with only a chair): What? [After the test starts] You know what, I think you guys deserve a little bit of sass. Can I sit in this chair? *picks chair up* What? What the hell? Can I-*holds chair between himself and scientists* Hey! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! YOU CAN'T SEE ME! You can't see me!
- His very distressed reaction to the process of installing the neuromods.
- Becoming obsessed with carrying a shoe (which he names Shelly) around.
- His reaction to the tests the scientists give him.
- Also there is Mark's dirty jokes on the Gloo Cannon.
- Later on Mark tries to throw an EMP Grenade in a chamber housing two mimics only to open it and release the mimics instead.
- After that, Mark ends up getting attack by two corrupted robots while his portable turret barely helps in.
- In Part 7, Mark ends up meeting with the apparent cook of the station, Will Mitchel, face-to-face. After having a discussion with him, Will's AI suddenly tags Mark as hostile for no discernible reason, and attempts to flee. Mark, completely dumbfounded, watches as the overweight man begins jogging all over the kitchen in fear for his life.
- Mark returns to play Power Drill Massacre with more hilarity.
- Mark tries the 50/50 challenge, which is a series of Reddit threads that contains a video or image of something either nauseating or pleasant, but you won't know until you click on it. Mark's videos of his attempts would be Nightmare Fuel for the descriptions. However, his reactions, plus the fact that the actual content is censored, makes it more hilarious if anything. His astonished relief when he encounters something pleasant is fun, too.
- Mark's entire playthrough of "The Legend of Markiplier".
- In "Ben the Exorcist" Mark gets freaked out after the player character he's controlling hits a rake.
- Mark's talk about body slamming and how it can solve life problems in "Subnautica"
- Mark playing "I Am Bread" in another World's Quietest Let's Play. Hilarity ensures. Mark plays the game again normally and is tuckered out after playing only one level.
- In one fan game video Mark danced so hard that he ended up hurting himself and in another his headphones flung off his head and knocked over a cup of coffee.
- Making sand castles has never been more hilarious than this. Then Mark calls himself the "Sandy Vagina."
- I Found You...: "I got scared by a banister! I got scared by a goddamn railing."
- And later:
Mark: HEY RAILING! Do you have any opinions about this?!
- And later:
- Mark obviously didn't learn from the last time he made a bet about a punishment. What makes it is that this time he decides to call Tyler to inform him of what's happened without mentioning the bet he made, and the moment he mentions he lost Tyler goes "Oh, is there another punishment?"
- In a recent "Reading your Comments" video someone asks when Unnecessary Censorship is going to come back. Cue Mark sheepishly admitting that he'd forgotten it was a series he did.
- While playing Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy during a livestream, Mark comes across a level where Crash has to ride a pig... and some of the obstacles are roasted pigs on skewers. Mark assumes that it's his pig's loved ones, and acts horrified.
Mark: "Oh my god, it's your brother. Or mother, or father! Oh no it's your cousin, your cousin Wumpo! Oh no, is that Aunt Lou? (Game Over) Oh, well, damn, that was too much for the pig. The emotional burden was too much. (awkward chuckling)"
- Darkiplier VS AntiSepticEye. When something supposed to be scary just turns into hilarity.
- During his Dream Daddy livestream, Mark's first date with Robert hits a big snag when Mark finds out that Robert really likes pineapple on pizza. He freaks out harder when Dad!Mark is persuaded to try it too and immediately and enthusiastically declares that pineapple is truly the best pizza topping.
Mark: Ahhhhhhhhhhhuhhuh! Pineapple is not the bes-wahugh!
Robert: You said it.
Mark: I did not say it, Robert! I did NOT say it!! ROBERT!!!
- Also, when he is writing a letter to Damian, he combines long, sophisticated sentences with "Lemme, um, get a that" and "Hard Daps". He laughs at it for a good minute.
- Markiplier's endless amusement at the "Stupid Walking" option in ''West Of Loathing.
- His utter determination to take the Schmuck Bait. For example, wearing the Hard Hat only to have to restart the game because it kicked his ass, to asking what he should do with an obviously evil demonic doll's blood chalice...and then when advised otherwise, feeling obligated to do so for a full Let's Play experience, wincing as he does so.
- In part 10 of his playthrough, Mark finds himself in a camp of hippies. He then further finds himself in their aerobics rooms, complete with electronic music. Mark just stares for a minute before joining in.
- Markiplier's let's play of Saurian has a bunch.
- Mark gives a rundown on dinosaur facts at the beginning. By "rundown of dinosaur facts", we mean he "has the wikipedia article for 'dinosaur' zip passed the screen for a few seconds".
- Mark desperately seeks approval from Mama Dakotaraptor by saying he's giving her macaroni art. Apparently, she pinned it to the tree and then immediately abandoned him.
- His recurring failure to catch lizards.
- Him making the obvious joke regarding the green whispy aura that occurs when you track prey by scent.
- The first time he dies—his Dakotaraptor's food meter gets low enough that he gets desperate upon encountering an Acheroraptor and tries to attack it. Guess how well that ends for him.
- "This dino is smarter than me am with my human eyes!"
- His excitement over growing to the next stage.
- In part 7 of Bad Dream: Coma, Mark, for... whatever reason, has a sausage in his inventory. He tries to use the sausage with EVERYTHING.
Mark:Would you like a sausage? CAN I INTEREST YOU IN A KIELBASA?