Characters who are eccentric
, nutty or mentally unhinged tend to demonstrate this in everything - including language. They often invent their own words
or use the existing ones in strange ways
, employ peculiar syntax
. From time to time, they may also use a Perfectly Cromulent Word
Compare with Buffy Speak
open/close all folders
- Hay Lin from W.I.T.C.H. tends to use the words "spacious" and "cosmic" as synonyms for "cool", and also sometimes invents her own words like "weirdific" and "rockalicious".
- Jeanne, Wyatt's mother from Shadow Play by Charles Baxter, makes up words like "corilineal", "zarklike", etc., and this is just one of her many peculiarities.
- King Julien of Madagascar fame is a crazy, party-loving, self-obsessed lemur who has Malaproper tendencies.
- Ever After High has Riddish / Riddle-ish. The rhyming language of the usually mad residents of Wonderland.
- Truth in Television actually. One of the common symptoms of schizophrenia is the tendency to invent neologisms.