We have yet to scratch the surface of the world of Daikaiju
open/close all folders
Kings of the Monsters
"They say he was born 65 million years ago, but I can tell you the beast that stood before me was born in the heart of a nuclear blast...the very horror that would change the shape of the world itself."
- Anti-Hero: Most of the times, they rise above their calling to protect the Earth and their kin from threats to their territory or them.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: He sports brown fur over the black fur he is known in the series.
- Anti-Villain: However, many lives were lost due to wanting vengeance on what happened long ago.
- Badass Family: A family of Godzillas. Enemies beware!
- Breath Weapon: They had this even before they were mutated.
- Destructive Savior: All of them want to protect their homes; meaning Earth as a whole but anyone that gets in the way, whether they are the ones that do harm to it or not, are just collateral damage.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: The Godzillas were once an aquatic breed of Dinosaurs. Hence, their amphibious traits.
- Genius Bruiser: Godzilla have problem solving skills and able to carry out tactics that will help defeat their enemy.
- Healing Factor: All Godzillas possessed "Organizer G1", cells that can regenerate just about anything. Even when reduced to just a heart, the cells from Ghost Godzilla can even grow everything back.
- Passing the Torch: The legacy of Godzilla. Whenever one dies, another takes his place. There have been four incarnations: Godzilla, Godzilla II, Godzilla III and the fourth, Godzilla I who became Ghost Godzilla.
- Pet the Dog: They aren't known but that doesn't mean they aren't able to.
- Physical God: Having brought down monsters that were of a higher weight class and supernatural powers, he's a God in his own right.
- Related in the Adaptation: In most films, the first and second Godzilla has never been stated to actually be related. Godzilla I and II are brothers in this continuity.
- Revenge: A common theme for them is their pure rage against mankind.
- Adaptational Badass: This version of the Godzillasaurus are excellent swimmers and fire a napalm-like breath.
- Always a Bigger Fish: The species far surpasses all of the theropods including T-Rex, in size, mass, length and power.
- More Deadly Than the Male: So far, two males have been spotted but it has been speculated that female members of the Godzillasaurus species are more dangerous than their mating counterparts.
- Sea Monster: The Godzillasaurus can thrive in a semi-aquatic lifestyle, meaning they are very capable of swimming.
Godzilla I/Kiryu/Ghost Godzilla/Super Godzilla
God of DestructionClick here to see his super mode
The New King of the Monsters
- Adaptational Heroism: Unlike his GMK Counterpart, he only wanted to attack humanity for what they did to his brother and nephew.
- All Your Powers Combined: The Power of Orochi granted him access to Air, Water, Fire, Earth, Lightning and Poison.
- With Gigamoth granting its power alongside all the Good Kaiju, Super Godzilla unleashed a blast that shot skyward and into space. Afterthat, Bagan was toast.
- Blank White Eyes: Ghost Godzilla displays this.
- But Now I Must Go:He heads to parts unknown so that he could find a home for himself and the egg he'll raise.
- Chest Blaster: Specifically fired it from the abdomen as Super Godzilla.
- Crazy Awesome: It takes a Lot of bearings to fire your beam all the while crashing to Earth from Space.
- Energy Absorption: He could absorb enemy attacks and redirected back at them.
- Energy Ball: Super Godzilla fires them from his tail.
- Evolution Power-Up: Godzilla I began as the standard Godzilla till he became Kiryu which allowed him to transform into Godzilla and finally into Super Godzilla.
- Godzilla Threshold: In a reverse case, EDF went for his assistance when the world is underattack by the Kilaak forces.
- Healing Factor: A common trait to all Godzillas. Ghost Godzilla showed the full extent. With it, Ghost Godzilla grew a new body and did it again in the year 2054.
- I Shall Return: He would have regrown back his body if the EDG hadn't found his still-beating heart and placed it in a secure area in Antartica.
- Made of Iron: Godzilla has went through a lot. Having clashed against two One-Winged Angel, blown to bits upon slamming against Mt Fuji and yet he survived.
- Super Mode: As stated by his title, Super Godzilla is the most powerful form of the Godzilla species. So powerful in fact, that he could almost limitless amount of Red Spiral Beams.
- Worthy Opponent: He wasn't an enemy but Ozaki did aided during his time of need. In turn, He spit Ozaki out to prevent him from going down with him as Mt Fuji was about to explode.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: That is Ghost Godzilla's entire goal, to get revenge on humanity that betrayed him and his brother and forced him to nearly murder his nephew.
Godzilla II/Burning Godzilla
- Character Death: Burning Godzilla passed away after the Destoroyah event.
- 11th-Hour Superpower: Meltdown allows Godzilla to fire Spiral Atomic Breaths.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Godzilla II and Anguirus's battle has left a mark of respect towards one another. It was because of Anguirus that he was freed from the ice he was trapped inside in.
- Later teamed up with Rodan and Mothra to stop King Ghidorah's regin of terror.
- Good Parents:Dots his adopted son a lot.
- Heavy Sleeper: Went in an eight year hibernation from 1976 to 1984
- Heartbroken Badass: Having lost his son, the Kaiju has nothing left to lose and went all out on Destoroyah. He died believing he failed his son which isn't true.
- Papa Wolf: You don't mess with his son otherwise you would get a face full of Spiral Atomic Blasts
- Super-Power Meltdown: After absorbing Space Godzilla's core, he underwent a transformation he couldn't handle thus his Meltdown form. Eventually, if he continues to live, he will destroy the planet
Godzilla Jr./Godzilla III
- Adaptational Wimp: In Neo's version of Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, III needs Rodan's help to face off the dragonfly Kaiju.
- Enemy Mine: He sided with the Gotengo in order to stop his genetic son, Space Godzilla from taking over the planet Earth.
- This Is Unforgivable!: He tracked down his uncle's remains to Japan and demolished everything in his wake to return them to rest.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Godzilla Jr. was a nice, loving child but following his evolution and the death of his father, Junior now Godzilla III sees humanity as his enemy.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: He disappeared after the Unleashed story arc.
- Adaptational Ugliness: As mentioned under Body Horror, it took that aspect of Shin's design and amplified it, containing more eyes and vestigial body parts than Shin Godzilla's canon designs.
- Body Horror: Even worse than the one from the film in this regard, given he doesn't just evolve from "Kamata-kun" to "Shinigawa-kun", but the pic shows him shedding skin and his fourth form has even more vestigial body parts than the one from the film.
- From a Single Cell: Any piece of his body can form into a new life form.
- Healing Factor: Up to Eleven. Due to the genetic experimentation, Shin's regenerative abilities surpasses the Godzillasaurus family.
- Living Weapon: Shin Godzilla was an attempt by the USA to create a controllable kaiju to battle other kaiju.
- Too Powerful to Live: His creator, Maki believes that if he was ever released into the world, human life and every species is doomed. Thus, he ends up frozen by the Japanese.
- Ultimate Lifeform: His Red Baron title is this. Shin Godzilla is constantly evolving and if left unchecked, he'll be unstoppable.
- A God Am I: Godzilla Earth believes everything on his Earth belongs to him, not without justification mind you.
Guardians of Earth
Goddess of Peace
- All Webbed Up: Her Larvae form has this ability.
- Attack Reflector: Uses her reflective scales to bounce back energy attacks.
- Big Good: In the Neo series and in her Rebirth arc.
- Knockout Gas: Used this to put her enemies to sleep or paralyzed.
- Mama Bear: Ever take the twins from her care, she'll hunt you down to the ends of the Earth.
- Must Make Amends: She wants to help the Godzillas as she felt it was her responsibility to look after them.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Mothra is the Yin to Battra's Yang.
- The Red Baron: She claimed as the Goddess of Peace.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: Of the Kaiju variety, she was a sight to behold either from her large angel like wings to her large blue eyes.
God of Vengeance
- Foil: To his sister, Mothra.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: No denying that he will ally with his sister if a greater threat than humanity put Earth in harms way.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Battra is the Yin to Mothra's Yang.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His past experience with possibly Ghidorah, the Gigamass and humanity in history leaves him gave up faith on humanity.
- Badass Adorable: Despite her cute looks, she can send a man flying across the room.
Mobile Operational Godzilla Expert Robot Aero-type
Kiryu/ Godzilla I
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Kiryu contains the spirit of the original Godzilla who would come back in certain circumstances like encountering another one like him.
- FaceHeel Turn: He betrays his creators to protect Godzilla III.
- Ambiguous Situation: It's unknown following it's battle against Godzilla. Monster Island possessed Ebirah but whether it's the same one or another different creature from the same species is up to debate.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Ebirah could be an Eldritch Abomination dragged out from the deep sea pocket or a super weapon created by Red Bamboo.
- Slave Brand: Has Red Bamboo's emblem painted on its exoskeleton.
- Bioweapon: The flock were created by Red Bamboo as part of their Kaiju superweapons.
- Zerg Rush: The flock attack Godzilla. The latter easily defeating them with his Breath Weapon.
King Kong/Mechani Kong
- Hybrid Monster: She's an amalgamation of multiple life-forms. She has plant-life materials along with genetic material from both Erika Shiragami and Godzilla.
- Split Personality: Her creation has lead to a dual persona; one that is kind and loving Erika and the other that is the vicious beast known as Biollante.
- Fragile Speedster: He's more agile and fast compared to Godzilla but one hit from his blast is enough.
- Heartbroken Badass: Went toe on toe against Godzilla immediately after losing his mate.
- Taking the Bullet: He leapt in front of Kaiser Ghidorah's blasts to save Godzilla.
Spawn of Orochi
- Off with His Head!:How Ikusagami finish him off.
- Small Role, Big Impact: It was because of his death that Varan, Manda, Baragon and the other monsters are born. The first three fought off Ghost Godzilla and all of them play a role in creating Super Godzilla and Bagan.
- Dishing Out Dirt: His main elemental power.
- HeelFace Turn: After being purified that removed all his excess anger, Baragon become a force for good.
- Playing with Fire: Obtained it from his brother, Barugaron.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: How he was first stopped. The priests tricked him into eating food dosed with Mothra's dust that put him into slumber.
- Villainous Glutton: Baragon went a rampage in order to feed himself. This trait is also the reason he was stopped.
- Dragon Hoard: After being presented a beautiful pearl, she has became so obsessed with it to the point she serves Mu as long as it's under her protection.
- Making a Splash: Her main elemental power.
- Shock and Awe: Obtained it from her brother, Shiigan.
- Light 'em Up: Wields the power of light.
- Light Is Not Good: Despite possessing a benevolent power, Balkzardan is still a vicious beast, a spawn of Orochi.
- Casting a Shadow: Can utilize the power of darkness.
- Dark Is Not Evil: A spawn of Orochi he is, Jyarumu is merely following his nature and not out of malicious intent.
- Berserk Button: Meganula-spawn. Once the species sees them, they'll be relentless in hunting them down till wiped out from the face of the Earth.
- Flight: You can't be a pterosaur without wings. Rodan can reach the excess of Mach 3 which consequently leaves powerful shockwaves.
- I Work Alone: The Rodan species are noted to be solitary creatures till they find a mate. The current Rodan has an extreme case of this despite working alongside both Godzilla and Anguirus before.
- Mood Ring Eyes: A variation with Rodan's crest that'll change in sync with his mood.
- Sole Survivor: The current Rodan was the child of a family pair who were killed long ago.
- Adaptational Badass: Not only she's facing Godzilla but also Rodan and she gives the two of them a run for their money.
- Adaptation Origin Connection: Instead of being natural fauna, they are product of the Millenian's genetic tampering.
- Assimilation Backfire: In its attempt in gorging Godzilla for more DNA, it did not realize what its prey is planning before its too late.
- Living Statue: Exactly regarded as this. There's no living tissue within the entire body, only mineral constructs.
- Old Master: Eye-witness accounts reveal that King Caesar has been spotted "training" Godzilla prior to the final battle against MechaGodzilla
- The Starscream: Axor plans to overthrow his Empress and become the new ruler of Mu.
- Tragic Villain: Obsidious is truly never a malicious kaiju but his painful origins was what started his dark path.
- Chainsaw Good: He has a buzzsaw in his torso and changed his scythes to his dual chainsaws.
- It Can Think: He has some degree of sentience that he doesn't obey to the Space Hunters but rather tolerate them.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Gigan could or coult not be a creation of the Nebulons.
- Professional Killer: Regarded as such as he's designed to be a Kaiju killer.
- Sinister Scythe: Possesses two scythes as hands and they are as strong as Godzilla's bones.
- Took a Level in Badass: He returns in Operation: Final War and upgraded to his dual chainsaw-wielding form.
- Worthy Opponent: Having battled Godzilla so long that Gigan respects the Kaiju.
- Dumb Muscle: Considered not the brightest Kaiju on the planet nor throughout the Galaxy.
- Hired Guns: He was pawned off to the Seatopians to aid in their invasion on Earth.
- Taking You with Me: Destroyed himself along with Gigan.
- Mutagenic Food: They came into existence after they ate pieces of Frankenstein's flesh.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Unlike traditional zombies, Matango are the product of anyone who didn't bother seeing that the mushrooms they eat are uncooked nor how sinister they are.
For more Tropes regarding his character, look under "Kings of the Monsters"
- Adaptation Name Change: While they are still the MUTOs, their names are basically changed to "Shinomura", belonging to a completely different kaiju from the MonsterVerse comics.
- Arch-Enemy: To Legendary Godzilla's species.
- Godzilla Threshold: The Greater-Scope Villain, Jinshin Mushi poses a threat to all Titans that Legendary Titans leads his fellow Titans to take her down.
King Ghidorah/Kaiser Ghidorah/MKG
- Adaptational Heroism: One of them allies with Godzilla and the other Kaiju to fight off Kaizer Ghidorah.
- Adaptational Heroism: This version of the dinosaur is more benevolent compared to his other portrayals. When finally freed from the Simians control, he sides with Godzilla and King Caesar.
- Ambiguous Situation: It's unknown whether or not the Titanosaurus on Monster Island is the same one during MechaGodzilla's rampage.
- Killed Off for Real: Titanosaurus is killed off by Mecha King Ghidorah in Operation:Destroy All Monsters
- Taking the Bullet: Titanosaurus took a blast that was actually meant for Godzilla. He hasn't been seen ever since dropped into the ocean.
- Acid Attack: Fires sulfuric acid that can almost melt anything.
- The End... Or Is It?: Word spreads that another Hedorah is around, called Deathla.
- Muck Monster: He's a creature made out of pollution so his body will be toxic to normal life-forms.
- Shapeshifting: Can cycle through its various forms.
- Evil Knockoff: This to Godzilla.
- More Dakka: The Simeons installed every form of their arsenal into their machine to ensure it has a chance against Godzilla.
- Adaptational Wimp: Downplayed. He no longer has his size-changing power but he can still kick alien butt.
- I Know Kung-Fu: Every form of martial arts is programmed inside its brain.
- Superhero: For obvious reasons; Goro designed Jet Jaguar after Zone Fighter.
- Spanner in the Works: It's because of JJ that Godzilla and Anguirus are able to repel the Nebulan forces.