open/close all folders
Kings of the Monsters
- "They say he was born 65 million years ago, but I can tell you the beast that stood before me was born in the heart of a nuclear blast...the very horror that would change the shape of the world itself."
- Anti-Hero: Most of the times, they rise above their calling to protect the Earth and their kin from threats to their territory or them.
- Adaptation Dye-Job: He sports brown fur over the black fur he is known in the series.
- Anti-Villain: However, many lives were lost due to wanting vengeance on what happened long ago.
- Badass Family: A family of Godzillas. Enemies beware!
- Breath Weapon: They had this even before they were mutated.
- Everything's Better with Dinosaurs: The Godzillas were once an aquatic breed of Dinosaurs. Hence, their amphibious traits.
- Genius Bruiser: Godzilla have problem solving skills and able to carry out tactics that will help defeat their enemy.
- Passing the Torch: The legacy of Godzilla. Whenever one dies, another takes his place. There have been four incarnations: Godzilla, Godzilla II, Godzilla III and the fourth, Godzilla I who became Ghost Godzilla.
- Pet the Dog: They aren't known but that doesn't mean they aren't able to.
- Physical God: Having brought down monsters that were of a higher weight class and supernatural powers, he's a God in his own right.
- Related in the Adaptation: Godzilla I and II are brothers in this continuity.
- Revenge: A common theme about them is their pure rage against mankind.
- Adaptational Badass: This version of the Godzillasaurus are excellent swimmers and fire a napalm-like breath.
- Always a Bigger Fish: The species far surpasses all of the theropods including T-Rex, in size, mass, length and power.
- More Deadly Than the Male: So far, two males have been spotted but it has been speculated that female members of the Godzillasaurus species are more dangerous than their mating counterparts.
- Sea Monster: The Godzillasaurus can thrive in a semi-aquatic lifestyle, meaning they are very capable of swimming.
Godzilla I/Kiryu/Ghost Godzilla/Super Godzilla
- Adaptational Heroism: Unlike his GMK Counterpart, he only wanted to attack humanity for what they did to his brother and nephew.
- All Your Powers Combined: The Power of Orochi granted him access to Air, Water, Fire, Earth, Lightning and Poison.
- With Gigamoth granting its power alongside all the Good Kaiju, Super Godzilla unleashed a blast that shot skyward and into space. Afterthat, Bagan was toast.
- Blank White Eyes: Ghost Godzilla displays this.
- But Now I Must Go:He heads to parts unknown so that he could find a home for himself and the egg he'll raise.
- Chest Blaster: Specifically fired it from the abdomen as Super Godzilla.
- Crazy Awesome: It takes a Lot of bearings to fire your beam all the while crashing to Earth from Space.
- Energy Absorption: He could absorb enemy attacks and redirected back at them.
- Energy Ball: Super Godzilla fires them from his tail.
- Evolution Power-Up: Godzilla I began as the standard Godzilla till he became Kiryu which allowed him to transform into Godzilla and finally into Super Godzilla.
- Godzilla Threshold: In a reverse case, EDF went for his assistance when the world is underattack by the Kilaak forces.
- Healing Factor: A common trait to all Godzillas. Ghost Godzilla showed the full extent. With it, Ghost Godzilla grew a new body and did it again in the year 2054.
- I Shall Return: He would have regrown back his body if the EDG hadn't found his still-beating heart and placed it in a secure area in Antartica.
- Made of Iron: Godzilla has went through a lot. Having clashed against two One-Winged Angel, blown to bits upon slamming against Mt Fuji and yet he survived.
- Super Mode: As stated by his title, Super Godzilla is the most powerful form of the Godzilla species. So powerful in fact, that he could almost limitless amount of Red Spiral Beams.
- Worthy Opponent: He wasn't an enemy but Ozaki did aided during his time of need. In turn, He spit Ozaki out to prevent him from going down with him as Mt Fuji was about to explode.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: That is Ghost Godzilla's entire goal, to get revenge on humanity that betrayed him and his brother and forced him to nearly murder his nephew.
Godzilla II/Burning Godzilla
- Character Death: Burning Godzilla passed away after the Destoroyah event.
- 11th-Hour Superpower: Meltdown allows Godzilla to fire Spiral Atomic Breaths.
- Fire-Forged Friends: Godzilla II and Anguirus's battle has left a mark of respect towards one another. It was because of Anguirus that he was freed from the ice he was trapped inside in.
- Later teamed up with Rodan and Mothra to stop King Ghidorah's regin of terror.
- Good Parents:Dots his adopted son a lot.
- Heavy Sleeper: Went in an eight year hibernation from 1976 to 1984
- Heartbroken Badass: Having lost his son, the Kaiju has nothing left to lose and went all out on Destoroyah. He died believing he failed his son which isn't true.
- Papa Wolf: You don't mess with his son otherwise you would get a face full of Spiral Atomic Blasts
- Super-Power Meltdown: After absorbing Space Godzilla's core, he underwent a transformation he couldn't handle thus his Meltdown form. Eventually, if he continues to live, he will destroy the planet
Godzilla Jr./Godzilla III
- Adaptational Wimp: In Neo's version of Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, III needs Rodan's help to face off the dragonfly Kaiju.
- Enemy Mine: He sided with the Gotengo in order to stop his genetic son, Space Godzilla from taking over the planet Earth.
- This Is Unforgivable!: He tracked down his uncle's remains to Japan and demolished everything in his wake to return them to rest.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Godzilla Jr. was a nice, loving child but following his evolution and the death of his father, Junior now Godzilla III sees humanity as his enemy.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: He disappeared after the Unleashed story arc.
- Covered with Scars: Much like the Godzilla he's based on, his body's covered in scars.
- The Dreaded: It's reported that Kaiju basically ran away from him.
- Identical Grandson: Legendary Godzilla shares lots of traits and appearances with the Godzillasaurus family.
- Time Abyss: He has live for maybe a billion years and has skills to take down opponents.
- Adaptational Ugliness: As mentioned under Body Horror, it took that aspect of Shin's design and amplified it, containing more eyes and vestigial body parts than Shin Godzilla's canon designs.
- Body Horror: Even worse than the one from the film in this regard, given he doesn't just evolve from "Kamata-kun" to "Shinigawa-kun", but the pic shows him shedding skin and his fourth form has even more vestigial body parts than the one from the film.
- From a Single Cell: Any piece of his body can form into a new life form.
- Healing Factor: Up to Eleven. Due to the genetic experimentation, Shin's regenerative abilities surpasses the Godzillasaurus family.
- Living Weapon: Shin Godzilla was an attempt by the USA to create a controllable kaiju to battle other kaiju.
- Too Powerful to Live: His creator, Maki believes that if he was ever released into the world, human life and every species is doomed. Thus, he ends up frozen by the Japanese.
- Ultimate Lifeform: His Red Baron title is this. Shin Godzilla is constantly evolving and if left unchecked, he'll be unstoppable.
Guardians of Earth
- All Webbed Up: Her Larvae form.
- Big Good: In the Neo series and in her Rebirth arc.
- Knockout Gas: Used this to put her enemies to sleep or paralyzed.
- Mama Bear: Ever take the twins from her care, she'll hunt you down to the ends of the Earth.
- Must Make Amends: She wants to help the Godzillas as she felt it was her responsibility to look after them.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Mothra is the Yang to Battra's Yin
- The Red Baron: She claimed as the Goddess of Peace.
- World's Most Beautiful Woman: Of the Kaiju variety, she was a sight to behold either from her large angel like wings to her large blue eyes.
- Foil: To his sister, Mothra
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: No denying that he will ally with his sister if a greater threat than humanity put Earth in harms way.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Battra is the Yin to Mothra's Yang.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His past experience with possibly Ghidorah, the Gigamass and humanity in history leaves him gave up faith on humanity.
- Barrier Warrior: Gigamoth has the ability to create force fields that will deflect attacks.
- Big Good: Gigamoth is Earth's Champion to challenge King Ghidorah.
- Chameleon Camouflage: The larvae form possesses this ability
- Forehead of Doom: Both larvae and Imago forms fire an energy attack from the forehead.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Gigamoth was split apart thus resulting in the birth of Mothra and Battra.
- He's Back: Gigamoth returns to aid Super Godzilla against Bagan after her children performed a Fusion Dance to bring her back.
- Razor Wings: Her wings are used as bladed weapons
- Badass Adorable: Despite her cute looks, she can send a man flying across the room.
- E.T. Gave Us Wi-Fi: Moguera is built from reverse-engineered alien tech.
Kiryu/ Godzilla I
- Multiple-Choice Past: Ebirah could be an Eldritch Abomination dragged out from the sea or a super weapon created by Red Bamboo.
King Kong/Mechani Kong
- Achilles' Heel: Mechani Kong has a hologram of a woman to prevent another similar incident with Kiryu.
- A God Am I: The people of Faroe worshipped him as one.
- Anti-Hero: He maybe a wild beast but he's a benevolent individual.
- And I Must Scream: Implied
- Been There, Shaped History: He's speculated to be Byakko, the White Tiger or inspired the legend.
- Crossing The Streams: Kong's electricity and Godzilla's atomic breath caused the ground beneath them to fall apart.
- Damsel in Distress: Took Makino's sister hostage. Mythology Gag, that was the climax of the first film
- Death by Adaptation: He won the fight against his opponent but in the new rendition, he managed to drove Godzilla away but at the cost of his own life.
- Eating the Eye Candy: The natives believe so since Kong likes it.
- Elemental Punch: Uses his newly gained electricity based attacks to beat down Godzilla.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Sports one.
- Heroic Second Wind: Lightning struck him granting him new electrical abilities.
- Last of His Kind: He's alone and probably the only remaining member.
- Let's You and Him Fight: Humans put the Ape God and King of the Monsters against each other.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: He was the one responsible for driving Anguirus from Faroe and also the one responsible why Godzilla has another ally on his side.
- Super Strength: On par or above than Godzilla's
- Unwilling Roboticisation: Underwent this after he died fighting Godzilla.
- Been There, Shaped History: He's implied to be or the inspiration to Seiryu.
- In a Single Bound: Able to jump good despite his size.
- All Animals Are Dogs: Considered the Rottweiler of Kaiju
- Been There, Shaped History: He's implied to be or the inspiration to Genbu.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: The battle between him and the second Godzilla caused him to receive one in his left eye.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: Anguirus is noted to be bigger than other members of his kind
- The Rival: His kind are this to the Godzillas' ancestors
- Rolling Attack:: Curls into a ball to attack his opponnents.
- Undying Loyalty: Towards the Godzilla Family.
- It Can Think: Able to understand human language.
- Never Found the Body: Its unknown what happened to Godzuki but given the ending, it doesn't bode well.
- Hybrid Monster: She's an amalgamation of multiple life-forms. She has plant-life materials along with genetic material from both Erika Shiragami and Godzilla.
- Split Personality: Her creation has lead to a dual persona; one that is kind and loving Erika and the other that is the vicious beast known as Biollante.
- Fragile Speedster: He's more agile and fast compared to Godzilla but one hit from his blast is enough.
- Heartbroken Badass: Went toe on toe against Godzilla immediately after losing his mate.
- Taking the Bullet: He leapt in front of Kaiser Ghidorah's blasts to save Godzilla.
- Composite Character: Both to the original and the Giant Turtle from Godzilla the Series.
Spawn of Orochi
- Off with His Head!:How Ikusagami finish him off.
- Small Role, Big Impact: It was because of his death that Varan, Manda, Baragon and the other monsters are born. The first three fought off Ghost Godzilla and all of them play a role in creating Super Godzilla and Bagan.
- Adaptational Badass: His original counterpart is a prehistoric reptile but in Neo, he is a mystical creature spawned from Orochi.
- Blow You Away: His main elemental power.
- Godzilla Threshold: In the past, Varan was so dangerous that the priests of Yamato had to form an alliance with mountain people to subdue him, albeit barely.
- Dishing Out Dirt: His main elemental power.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: How he was first stopped. The priests tricked him into eating food dosed with Mothra's dust that put him into slumber.
- Dragon Hoard: After being presented a beautiful pearl, she has became so obsessed with it to the point she serves Mu as long as it's under her protection.
- Making a Splash: Her main elemental power.
- Buried Alive: How Baragon defeated his brother.
- Mythology Gag: His name is awfully too similar to Baragon's.
- Playing with Fire: His main elemental power.
- Hybrid Monster: Her entire body has saurian-like characteristics but her tail looks like a centipede.
- Poisonous Person:Her main elemental power.
- Shock and Awe:His main elemental power.
- Light 'em Up: Wields the power of light.
- Light Is Not Good: Despite possessing a benevolent power, Balkzardan is still a vicious beast, a spawn of Orochi.
- Berserk Button: Meganula-spawn. Once the species sees them, they'll be relentless in hunting them down till wiped out from the face of the Earth.
- I Work Alone: The Rodan species are noted to be solitary creatures till they find a mate. The current Rodan has an extreme case of this despite working alongside both Godzilla and Anguirus before.
- Sole Survivor: The current Rodan was the child of a family pair who were killed long ago.
- Adaptational Badass: Not only she's facing Godzilla but also Rodan and she gives the two of them a run for their money.
- Adaptation Origin Connection: Instead of being natural fauna, they are product of the Millenian's genetic tampering.
- Assimilation Backfire: In its attempt in gorging Godzilla for more DNA, it did not realize what its prey is planning before its too late.
- Living Statue: Exactly regarded as this. There's no living tissue within the entire body, only mineral constructs.
- Old Master: Eye-witness accounts reveal that King Caesar has been spotted "training" Godzilla prior to the final battle against MechaGodzilla
- The Starscream: Axor plans to overthrow his Empress and become the new ruler of Mu.
- Adaptation Origin Connection: Space Godzilla started out as a mass of sentient crystals. He only obtained his Kaiju form after absorbing DNA from Junior.
- Invasion of the Baby Snatchers: One of his first acts is kidnapping Junior to collect his DNA.
- One-Winged Angel: Space Godzilla enters his second, more powerful form after absorbing power from the crystals.
- Unwitting Pawn: His death allowed the return of Space Godzilla.
- Tragic Villain: Obsidious is truly never a malicious kaiju but his painful origins was what started his dark path.
- It Can Think: He has some degree of sentience that he doesn't obey to the Space Hunters but rather tolerate them.
- Professional Killer: Regarded as such as he's designed to be a Kaiju killer.
- Worthy Opponent: Having battled Godzilla so long that Gigan respects the Kaiju.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Fought off the Deautalios till even his immortal heart couldn't save him.
- Mutagenic Food: They came into existence after they ate pieces of Frankenstein's flesh.
- Cain and Abel:
- Dark Is Evil:
- Evil Makes You Ugly: His voracious nature matches his heavily deformed mug.
- Eldritch Abomination: A giant cuttlefish like creature that drove men to insanity. Believed to be the host for the ancient Yog.
- Mind Manipulation: Possess the ability to control lesser creatures.
- Taking You with Me: Grabbed Godzuki just the entire island fell into the sea.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Unlike traditional zombies, Matango are the product of anyone who didn't bother seeing that the mushrooms they eat are uncooked nor how sinister they are.
Legendary GodzillaFor more Tropes regarding his character, look under "Kings of the Monsters"
- Adaptation Name Change: While they are still the MUTOs, their names are basically changed to "Shinomura", belonging to a completely different kaiju from the Monster Verse comics.
King Ghidorah/Kaiser Ghidorah/MKG
- The Dog Bites Back:Ghidorah willingly sides with Godzilla and humanity if anything, to screw with his former creators.
- The Dreaded:
- Hero Killer:
- Light Is Not Good:
- Pet the Dog:In a rare moment of compassion, he ejects Emmy from him.
- Planet Eater:
- The Power of the Sun:
- The Rival:To Godzilla.
- Worthy Opponent:
- Unwilling Roboticisation:
- Composite Character: The Neo Universe Monster X is an amalgamation of both Xilien Controller and the original monster.
- Decomposite Character: However, he was a completely separate entity from Kaizer Ghidorah who is actually a powered-up King Ghidorah following his absorption of Monster X.
- Half Breed: X is a human and Xilien hybrid.
- Half-Breed Discrimination:
- Lightning Bruiser:
- Related in the Adaptation: The Controller is the son of Glenn, the astronaut from Invasion of Astro-Monster.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness
- Cool Sword: His Sword of Karasai.
- Forehead of Doom: Shoots sun bolts from his forehead.
- Multiple-Choice Past: Some thinks that he's an alien from another world while others think he's Yamato Takeru given the power of a god.
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous: The initial forms of Destroyah and Neo!Destroyah sports these as well.
- Would Hurt a Child: It's responsible for killing Godzilla Jr.
- Adaptational Heroism: One of them allies with Godzilla and the other Kaiju to fight off Kaizer Ghidorah.
- Adaptational Heroism: This version of the dinosaur is more benevolent compared to his other portrayals. When finally freed from the Simians control, he sides with Godzilla and King Caesar.
- Ambiguous Situation: It's unknown whether or not the Titanosaurus on Monster Island is the same one during MechaGodzilla's rampage.
- Killed Off for Real: Titanosaurus is killed off by Mecha King Ghidorah in Operation:Destroy All Monsters
- Taking the Bullet: Titanosaurus took a blast that was actually meant for Godzilla. He hasn't been seen ever since dropped into the ocean.
- The End... Or Is It?: Word spreads that another Hedorah is around, called Deathla.
- Muck Monster: He's a creature made out of pollution so his body will be toxic to normal life-forms.
- Evil Knockoff: This to Godzilla.
- Adaptational Wimp: Downplayed. He no longer has his size-changing power but he can still kick alien butt.