- Wham Lines have made moments in professional wrestling history:Scott Hall: You know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here... You want a war? You're gonna get one.Hulk Hogan: Mean Gene, the first thing you need to do is tell these people to shut up if you wanna hear what I gotta say!
- And have made stars:"Stone Cold" Steve Austin: You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says "I just whipped your ass"!Triple H: All these people talk about being students of the game. I AM the fucking game!! No one eats, sleeps or breathes this business more than me!!!"Rowdy" Roddy Piper: Just when they think they have the answers, I change the questions!The Miz: I'd rather you all hate me for who I am than love me for something I'm not!
- They've launched major angles:
- Who Ran Over Austin?
- Who Took Out Michaels?Shawn Michaels: It was you, Hunter.Triple H: You're damn right it was me, Shawn! You're DAMN. RIGHT.
- Which had a Wham Response.
- The Invasion begins...
- ...and escalates...
- And at invasion's end, a new era begins:Ric Flair: Did you know when Shane and Stephanie sold their stock to that consortium, that consortium - WHHOOO!! (dances in the ring) - the consortium WAS ME!! And now you and I are limousine ridin', jet-flyin', kiss-stealin', wheelin'-dealin', son-of-a-guns!! And you know why? Because we're partners!
- Drastic times call for drastic measures.Takes off the Mankind mask, rips open the tattered, bloodied Mankind button-down shirt and tie to reveal a familiar t-shirt, shocking Triple H
- A honest man has enough:
- Vince finally loses it.Vince McMahon: I'm not going to let Ric Flair KILL what I created! Because...I'm going to...KILL what I CREATED! I'm gonna KILL IT!! I'm going to KILL MY creation! I'm going to INJECT the WWF with a LETHAL DOSE of poison! If anybody is gonna kill MY creation, I'M gonna do it![swivels his chair around to reveal the logo of the New World Order]Vince McMahon: Me... and the... N... W... O...
- A Final Battle begins a year-long war.
- A Champion's Victory Speech and DesertionCM Punk: The greatest thing the devil ever did was make you people believe he didn't exist... and you're looking at him right now! I AM THE DEVIL HIMSELF! And all of you stupid, mindless people fell for it!
- The host of WrestleMania 27 reveals himself:If ya smell! What The Rock! Is cookin'!
The Rock: There is one man who the Rock has to see face-to-face. A guy who I met. A guy who I thought was a cool guy. Wished him well, happy for his success. When the Rock leaves, he comes in and out of the blue, eventually, he starts talking trash about the Rock. I don't know why and I don't care but I'm back now. You might have heard of him; his name is John Cena.
- And said host then declares a challenge to the only one on his level:
John Cena: Hear it? Hear it, feel it, see it! There are people standing in the ceiling not because they want us to talk, but because they WANT. A. MATCH.[...]
- After WrestleMania 27, a Once in a Lifetime challenge:
- Houston has a problem when Hell Freezes Over...
- The project evolves into a revolution.Jimmy Jacobs: This project is over. The Age of the Fall has just begun.
- The joke is on the ECW fans.
- Who will Taker bury alive?
- The Higher Power reveals himself:Vince McMahon: It's ME, Austin!!!!
- Every Hell in a Cell match booking prior to 2009 outside of WrestleMania.
- A final match with one last catch...Triple H: Hell in a Cell? Alright, Hell in a Cell, you got a deal. But one stipulation.Cactus Jack: You name it.
- To wit, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.Vickie Guerrero: When I was really, really mad at you, I did something that you might not like.Edge: OK, I understand that. Wha... what did you do?Vickie Guerrero: I reinstated The Undertaker.
- A final match with one last catch...
- The second Summer of Punk begins...CM Punk: July 17th is the day my contract with World Wrestling Entertainment comes to an end... That means when the clock strikes midnight and the 17th becomes the 18th, Sunday bleeds into Monday, I'm leaving. And trust me when I tell you, I am leaving with the WWE Championship.
- And in closing...
- A signal of the changing of the guard...
- New Year's Revolution 2006. John Cena survives the elimination chamber but...Vince McMahon: This individual is cashing in his Money in the Bank privilege that he earned at Wrestlemania.Joey Styles: No...
- D-Generation X begins with Shawn Michaels Breaking the Fourth Wall.
- A man foreshadows the beginning of an invasion...
- A champion demands respect...
- A battle for Best in the World gets personal.
- A new champion reveals his true motive:
- The biggest rematch in WrestleMania history is set up...
- A voice of reason unites the family
Linda McMahon:: The only way to garner respect from people is not, Vince, by yelling and screaming or, Steph, by pitching a fit. It's by taking action.Comforts J.R. by the armKicks J.R. in the balls.
- And of course, the one line that changed the face of the industry forever...Vince McMahon: Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Last night on Monday Night Raw, the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit's name tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world: entertain you.
- This announcement.
- The Yes Movement changes the Game...Daniel Bryan:note I'm sorry. I didn't um, I misspoke earlier. That's not exactly all that I want. Because as much as these people want to see me fight you at WrestleMania, what they really want to see is me fighting for the World Heavyweight Championship. So here is what we really want. If I beat you at WrestleMania, I get added to the World Heavyweight Championship match so that then the main event will be Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan!!Triple H, enraged, rushes down the ramp being held back by security.
- But the Authority has one last trick...
- On April 6, 2014, at Wrestlemania 30, the unthinkable happened:
Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of this match... Brock Lesnar!
- And for those who didn't hear it the first time...
Paul Heyman: Brock is the 1 in 21-1!
- And just to hammer it in...
- A shocking face/heel turn, and the genesis of a legendary WWE event:Andre the Giant: I am here for one reason. To challenge you to a world championship match at WrestleMania.
Hulk Hogan: YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- And Hogan's response:
- In the wake of a battle won, the war takes a new turn:Triple H: There's always a Plan B.
- A long, bloody reign finally comes to an end:Announcer: The winner of this match, and new Divas' Champion... Paige!
- What was supposed to be a celebration of commitment turns into a nightmare:Minister/Eric Bischoff: Did I just hear myself say... THREE MINUTES?!note
- Weeks of waiting end, and Kane has a very bad night:
- Survivor Series 2014. The hero had fallen. The people's final hope for a saviour appeared futile in the face of the tyrant and his sinister disciple. All was lost... and then he appeared.
- The first-ever Cutting Edge Peep Show takes a dark and dangerous turn:Seth Rollins: John, I didn't want it to come to this. But if you're not gonna come out here, then you are forcing my hand! And in turn, John, you leave me no choice but to force yours.
- And even when demands are met...
- Wrestlemania 31: At the climax of a war, the opportunist seizes his moment.Lillian Garcia: Ladies and gentlemen, Seth Rollins is cashing in his Money in the Bank contract, therefore this will now be a Triple Threat match!
- The boss makes a shocking announcement for the Royal Rumble event:Vince McMahon: It'll be you defending your championship against 29 other men in the Royal Rumble match!
Titantron: I am...Phenomenal.
- Later in the actual Royal Rumble Match, unfamiliar music plays and the titantron shows three words that sends the audience over the deep end and causes numerous fans watching around the world to mark out.
- A once-heroic figure takes that last step over the line:Kevin Condron: I guess I'll have to do it note myself.
- The Heir Apparent lays claim to a legacy.
- Money in the Bank 2016: Two years after a tragic betrayal, the ultimate payback.Lillian Garcia: *As Seth Rollins lays out prone on the canvas* Ladies and gentlemen, Dean Ambrose is cashing in his Money in the Bank Contract!
- After claiming eternal loyalty, the viper strikes.Randy Orton: So here I am, dead center in the kingdom...a place where the devil sings your praises. This is your world, Bray...but it's not mine! It never was! I once said, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." But I have another expression for you, Bray. Once you join 'em, and it's the right time...SCREW 'EM! *proceeds to burn down the Wyatt Family Compound*
- The so-called "Festival of Friendship" turns out to be one of the biggest destruction of said friendship...
- After weeks of accusations and pointing fingers, the real culprit of the attacks on Enzo and Cass is revealedBig Cass: YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I DID IT!
- After weeks of taunting, The Miz thinks he's got it all figured out, but The Big Dog is quick to correct him.Roman Reigns: Who said anything about rumors?
- Sanity, the Authors of Pain (with Roderick Strong) and the Undisputed Era had been tearing each other for months since the latter team debut. To put an end to all this chaos, NXT General Manager William Regal decided to put all three teams in a triple threat tag team match at TakeOver: Houston in a match that hadn't been seen since the fall of WCW.William Regal: At TakeOver: Houston, these three teams will be in two rings. In one cage. In WARGAMES!
- A comeback thought impossible become a reality:
- A divisive star drops a bombshell:Roman Reigns: My name isn't Roman Reigns. My name is Joe, and I've been living with leukemia for the past 11 years. And unfortunately, it's back.
- A mystery solved.Aleister Black: (shaking William Regal) Where is he?! WHERE IS HE?!! WHHEEREE IS HE??!! YOU TELL ME WHERE HE IS!!!Suddenly, Black gets superkicked by...Johnny Gargano: I'm right here.
Wham Line / Professional Wrestling