- Dark Is Not Evil: most students at the F.E.A.H. tend to have a rather monster like appearances. Most of them are rather nice people though.
- Adorkable: All of them with some degree. Mostly Li Xing Mao has cute and awkward moments with Ombre de Loup in main series and spin-off.
- Cool Loser: No the strongest and the smartest team but they have big heart and defend their friends.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: From the lowest students to the greatest hero team.
Li Xiong MaoA studious Chinese student who entered the F.E.A.H. with the modest goal of becoming a capable Crafter Hero. As she has no special abilities, she struggled to find a "practical work" team accepting her, and ended up with Chance and Ombre de Loup. Of course, there is far more to her than meets the eye. A spinoff series is about her youth, and an other is about her mother.
- Action Girl: Is the heiress of the secret art of Flamendo.
- Ambiguously Bi: Ling has an ambiguous relationship with a schoolgirl in Rouge. Confirmed that she still has feelings for her after her death.
- All Asians Know Martial Arts, though she averts All Chinese People Know Kung-Fu with the use of Flamendo which is used by a few women all around the world.
- Asian and Nerdy
- Awesomeness by Analysis: More than once her superior observation and deduction skills save the day.
- Badass Bookworm
- Badass Normal: One of the only Muggles admitted at the F.E.A.H. It does not stop her from being one of the most dangerous students of the promotion.
- Berserk Button: Don't call her Little Panda. Don't let your blades rust. Also don't be her sister.
- Brainy Brunette
- Chinese Girl: of Mixed Ancestry in fact.
- Dance Battler: She is expert in the lost art of Flamendo, which is basically Flamenco meets Judo in a Capoeira style combination: dancing moves so that people hit the ground instead of your face.
- Determinator: A relentless worker, she managed to enter the F.E.A.H. despite having no super-power only through hard work.
- Embarrassing First Name: Xiong Mao means Little Panda in Chinese.
- Mafia Princess of the Triad: To her dismay.
- Minored In Ass Kicking: She might be a gifted martial artist and one of the most capable fighters of the F.E.A.H., but her true vocation is being a blacksmith.
- Mixed Ancestry: Her father is Chinese but her mother is of mixed ancestry. And that is the reason why she is rejected by part of the Mafia.
- Renaissance Woman: Master blacksmith, skilled martial artist, strong in academics and shown to be competent in a variety of other fields from forensics to electronics.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Is the blue to Chance's red
- Ultimate Blacksmith: Becomes that after her Training from Hell, or more accuratly her training IN hell. She is able to create a weapon that can counter Claidheamor
Chance d'EstaingA cute and cheerful demon like girl. She is one of the weakest students admitted to the F.E.A.H., her only apparent power being her ability to fly thanks to a pair of bat like wings that she can grow at will. She is the first person to befriend Xiong Mao.
- Action Girl: See Dance Battler.
- Anti Anti Christ: is litteraly the daughter of the Devil, and is not happy to find it out.
- "Blackmail" Is Such an Ugly Word: One of her favorite modus operandi.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Whenever she comes up with some scheme.
- Cool Big Sis: Of a large bunch of brothers.
- Cute Monster Girl
- Dance Battler: She learns fencing by dancing with Funerailles.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Subverted, in spite of her demon wings, she is a very nice person.
- I Have Brothers: Invokes it when Funéraille compliments her on her natural fencing talent.
- Nice Girl
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl
- Meaningful Name: In French, d'Estaing sounds exactly the same as "destin" (destiny)
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Is the red to Xiong Mao's blue
- Royal Rapier: Becomes her signature weapon in order to survive her duel with Ange. Xiong Mao chooses this type of sword for her as it is the best suited for a light and fast fighter like her.
- Schemer: She's always keeping an ear out to make some money. Her plots are pretty harmless though and Played for Laughs. Most of the time...
- Shameless Fanservice Girl: Enforced by the school, but that also happens to pay the rent!
- The Klutz: Can be pretty clumsy.
- Took a Level in Badass: After a training with Funerailles
- Ugly Guy, Hot Wife: She ends up with Funérailles who is largely disfigured, although it can be argued what's left of him is novahot. It's mostly invoked by others and Funérailles himself, who sees himself as too ugly for her.
Ombre de LoupA wolfman who entered the F.E.A.H. for reasons of his own, he is at first too shy to find teammates and happily joins the two girls. In spite of his strength and savage look, he is a big softy.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center
- Clark Kenting: With a hat, no one save for animals notice his nature. Hilarity ensues when at a funeral he lowers his hat to salute a solder friend and every single wife of his comrades run away screaming.
- Canis Major: Large wolf. Very large wolf.
- Gentle Giant: Can smash skulls as easily as he can stitch dolls.
- Lightning Bruiser: Easily the strongest AND fastest member of the team, and probably of the whole promotion. He often just carries his teammates when they need to move fast.
- Manly Men Can Hunt: Is able to sustain Xiong Mao and himself during two years just with his hunting abilities.
- Obfuscating Stupidity
- Our Were Wolves Are Different: Of the anthropomorphic wolf category. He is in fact a Therian: a former human who has freed his animal spirit. It is revealed that he can switch back to his human form at will but feels diminished and not really himself when he does.
- Real Men Cook: Quickly becomes the team's chef.
- Socially Awkward Hero: In spite of him being one of the strongest and most experienced student of the F.E.A.H, he is so shy that he is unable to find teammates before his encounter with Xiong Mao and Chance.
- Stealthy Colossus: can be surprisingly stealthy for such a big guy.
- The Big Guy
- The Klutz: His big hands don't help.
- Cool Mask: The theme of the team.
SablonA student of Middle-Eastern origin, he is originally part of a team of three masked hero students. A skilled bladed weapons user, he quickly recognizes Xiong Mao's talent as a blacksmith. Later he becomes one of the most trusted allies of the main trio.
- Badass Normal: His martial prowess do not appear to have any supernatural origins.
- Bishōnen: When he removes his mask, he's to die for.
- Combat Pragmatist: Can turn even simple ceramic tiles into deadly projectiles.
- Cool Mask: He wears a Touareg style scarf and never shows his full face until he leaves for Saint Ange.
- Distaff Counterpart: Of Xiong Mao. In a school full of super-powered students, both are cool-headed hard-working ethnic minority Badass Normal martial artists with a taste for bladed weapons. It explains why they quickly get along very well.
- Knife Nut: A refined one.
- Defector from Decadence : Leaves the F.E.A.H. after the events of the first year to enter the far more prestigious Saint-Ange university
- Ground Punch: His signature move.
- Hidden Depths: He wants to become a hero to make enough money to pay for the studies of his younger sisters who live in a ghetto.
- Mr. Exposition : One of the most knowledgeable students, he often serves this purpose by giving explanations to the rest of the cast about things they should know.
- The Mole: He joins Saint Ange in order to spy on them.
- Token Minority: The only dark-skinned member of the cast. Lampshaded in the Alternate Universe where Chance is erased from existence, he is said to follow the F.E.A.H. Black Sidekick curriculum.
Wong Fei LongA Chinese student who entered the school during the first year in order to replace one of Sablon's teammates. He was sent to find Xiong Mao and bring her back to her mafia home.
- Animated Tattoo: A dragon.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Starts as this.
- Bishie Sparkle: Very fond of this.
- Bishōnen/Mr. Fanservice: Even more so than most guys in the cast.
- Bodyguard Crush: To Xiong Mao.
- Childhood Friend Romance: [spoiler: Zigzaged: Has known Xiong Mao since childhood and his longstanding crush for her is briefly rewarded as they start dating during the interval between the first and second year, but Xiong Mao quickly drops him once Ombre becomes more assertive.]
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Cool Mask: In order to respect the theme of the team, he briefly wears a shinobi mask. Needless to say, considering his personality, he makes a Highly Visible Ninja.
- Hot-Blooded: Take a hint: his Power Tattoo is a dragon.
- Large Ham: If he's not talking sweet, brace yourselves!
- Really Gets Around: Dozens and dozens of ladies seem interested in "helping" him with his heartbreak.
- Romantic Runner-Up: Does not stand a chance against Ombre and eventually loses Xiong Mao to him.
- Took a Level in Badass: After several Training from Hell in Japan as a Ninja Warrior. In the final episode he can take on a group of experienced heroes and their Mooks all by himself.
VeniseThe third member of Sablon's team. Always wears an adorned mask.
- Cool Mask: The theme of the team.
- Demonic Dummy: Her team creates one as part of the first year end project. She has grown very found of it.
- Satellite Character: She never befriends the main characters so we never see her do much beside being Fei Long's and Sablon's teammate.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: She is briefly seen at the beginning of the second year in Episode 4, and then disappears from the story.
AmaniteXiong Mao's first roomate. She is a witch, with the traditional outfit, and a very unpleasant person.
- Alpha Bitch: If there's something mean to say, she'll say it, don't worry.
- Lady of Black Magic: Tries her best to emulate this trope.
- Out of Focus: Starts as Xiong Mao's main rival, but becomes more of a background character after Saint Ange shows up.
- Screw the Rules, I Have Money!: Her family makes generous donations to the F.E.A.H...
- Stripperiffic: Has no problem wearing revealing clothes.
- The Minion Master: Will often create/summon things to thwart her enemies, or just pass classes.
- The Rival: To Xiong Mao.
- Wicked Witch: She's a witch, and not a very nice person.
ValkyrieA literal Valkyrie. She is a powerful hammer wielding warrior and one of the stongest students of the promotion.
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Unbeknownst to her teammate she has created a wide collection of cute costumes.
- Drop the Hammer: By the Hammer of Thor!
- Foreign Culture Fetish: Dreams of doing an internship in Japan. Her personal Hell is being mistaken for a Kaiju in the middle of Tokyo.
- Hammer Space: Seems to keep her hammer and outfits, somewhere, probably.
- HeelFace Turn: She was never really a bad guy but she is at first in Amanite's team where she is forced to play the role of Dumb Muscle. She quickly becomes one of the main allies of the Main Trio.
- Magical Girl: Would like to be one rather than a female embodiment of war.
- Romantic Runner-Up: She initially has a serious crush for Ombre, but the wolfman is too enamored with Xiong Mao to act on it.
- Shock and Awe: Comes with the Hammer of Thor.
- Statuesque Stunner: Nobody's taller than Val, and she's bone-crushingly beautiful.
- Super Strength: Scores the highest in the first trimester strength test.
ChangelinThe third member of Amanite's team and a shapeshifter.
- Abhorrent Admirer: "I WILL SEE YOU NAKED!!!"
- Because You Were Nice to Me: He develops a weird fascination for Chance after she discovers his secret.
- Butt-Monkey: Takes a lot of punishment and abuses throughout the series.
- Gender Bender: To fit in, he changes into a girl. This has not a good effect on him.
- Happiness in Slavery: Does not seem to mind being reduced to the status of Amanita's plaything.
- Our Fairies Are Different: And have identity complexes.
- Pointy Ears: The only part of his body that he cannot modify. He must hide his ears whenever he tries to impersonate someone.
- Trigger Phrase: "If only I were..."
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Can take any humanoid form he wants, even changing his body mass.
AlucradeA vampire and unofficial leader of the team.
- All There in the Manual: The Freak's Squeele role playing game reveals that Alucrade is in fact a half-vampire dhampire as true vampires in the setting are Always Chaotic Evil.
- Cool Shades
- Friendly Neighbourhood Vampire: With a touch of Marxism to boot.
- Heterosexual Life-Partner: With Gunther until his Gender Reveal.
- The Leader: Becomes the leader of a student union with the goal of reforming the F.E.A.H.
- Those Two Guys: With Gunther.
GuntherAn animated skeleton and Alucrade's closest friend.
- Dem Bones
- Gender Reveal: Later discovers he is a female skeleton, leading him/her to a severe identity crisis.
- Heterosexual Life-Partner: With Alucrade.
- Iron Butt Monkey: Even more than the rest of the team. He is blown to small pieces with great regularity, to the annoyance of his teammates who must collect the bits.
- Luke, You Are My Father: Averted: In his personal hell, Gunther is convinced that the Flying Dutchman is his father, to the annoyance of the later.
- Made of Iron
HalloweenA pumpkin-headed woman and third member of Alucarde's team.
LynetteA shy and nerdy new student, she enters the F.E.A.H. one year after the main cast in order to become a Writing Hero.
- Eye Glasses
- Big Beautiful Woman: Zigzaged. See Nerd Glasses.
- Nerd: she is even part of the tabletop role playing game club!
- Mission Control: As she has no combat skills, she acts as one during the two last episodes.
- Naïve Newcomer: When she is introduced.
- Nerd Glasses: Played With: it is later revealed that her glasses are magical, enhancing her intelligence, immunizing her from mind-control and giving her her nerdy personality. Without them she becomes a Brainless Beauty.
- Non-Action Guy: Has absolutely zero combat skills.
The Third Year Student/ CernunnosA very laid back third year student hired in a bar by the Main trio as they badly needed some help at the beginning of Episode 5. His actual helpfulness soon becomes dubious though...
- Cheshire Cat Grin: Comes with The Trickster work definition. Whenever Chance and Cernunnos grin together, there is suddenly a Strong Family Resemblance.
- Embarrassing Parent: to Chance.
- Faunes And Satyrs: His real appearance.
- Foreshadowing: When he is first met there are several hints about his real identity. The background of the bar looks like two giant horns around his head and he warns Chance with a grin that the Celtic Triskelion she is wearing is a powerful symbol.
- Good Thing You Can Heal
- Healing Factor: Seems to be able to recover from any wound , even decapitation. This ability is used extensively (see The Friend Nobody Likes and Human Shield).
- Horned Humanoid: under his true form he has large stag-like antlers.
- Human Shield: His main function in case of fight. Mostly unwillingly, but at least that makes him useful sometimes.
- I Have Many Names: invoked in his reveal Badass Boast.
- Luke, I Am Your Father: Lampshaded: "Chance did you guess? I am your father, baby!"
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Probably. He is after all an immortal being of vast powers. But it is never really clear what his true intents are. For the most part he seems content just goofing around the rest of the cast.
- No Name Given: Seems to be cut by something before he can finish whenever he tries to present himself. The rest of the team just calls him "this guy" until his real identity is revealed.
- Satan: Subverted: one of his many names and called like that by Ange. He is more similar to the pagan trickster god than to the Devil though.
- Surfer Dude: Dresses like one, complete with flip-flop, shorts, Hawaiian shirt and overly laid-back attitude.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: While he never does anything that justifies it, there is something in his sleazy attitude that makes everybody, including someone as gentle as Ombre, want to punch him very hard in the face. For some reason he is still around. It does not change much once his real identity is revealed.
- The Load: When there is one thing not to do, he will do it.
- The Trickster: No less than the in-universe living embodiment of the trope.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: As traditional for the Trickster.
The Director ScipioThe Director of the F.E.A.H.His motives are rather mysterious, but he seems to have a plan...
- Anthropomorphic Personification: Over the course of the series, he becomes the Master Raven, the embodiment of random and meaningless death. He does not really like the costume that comes with the role.
- Badass Normal: Is a strong fighter able to fend off hordes of Lycantes armed with no more than a fire extinguisher, yet he is one of the few characters that has no superpower.
- Black Mail Is Such An Ugly Word: As Changelin discovers he is not above blackmailing his own students to do his bidding.
- Combat Pragmatist: When needed he makes a very efficient use of any improvised weapon he can find.
- Has a Type: Seems to have a thing for chubby women.
- Perpetual Smiler: Always keeps a small smile , even when facing death. When he stops smiling it means things are really getting out of hand like in Invasion from Hell out of hand.
- Sharp-Dressed Man: With a taste for Italian suits.
- The Chess Master: Averted. Tries to be that but it is revealed that he is mostly improvising.
- Polar Opposite Twins: With Funerailles
Funerailles PretoriusA mysterious disfigured man haunting the F.E.A.H campus. He becomes the protector and reluctant mentor of the main trio. He has his own spinoff series about his youth, in which he is named Pretorius.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: His broken sword is so fast that it can cut through armored vehicles, sound (and speech bubbles).
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He as taken the role of High Executioner: embodiment of death as a just punishment.
- Badass Longcoat
- Dark Is Not Evil
- Establishing Character Moment: "Stay on the ground if you want to live"
- Handicapped Badass: He only has one arm, and is a major ass-kicker.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: part of his outfit.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Protects the F.E.A.H. from things lurking in the night, but due to his scary look and mysterious demeanor all sorts of frightening rumors are spreading about him among the students.
- Improbable Weapon User: His only weapon is a broken sword fixed at the end of a long chain. And he makes a lethal use of it.
- Facial Horror: Half of his face is severely disfigured
- Nice Hat: Part of the badass outfit.
- Origins Episode: Now with his own origins series
- Polar Opposite Twins: With the Director/Scipio
- The Ace: Literally single-handedly cuts demons into pieces with a broken sword. Probably the strongest character in the setting.
One of the most prestigious heroic university in the world.
- Big Good or that is what they claim to be
- Slaveto PR
- The Beautiful Elite: Seems to composed only of good-looking students in neat uniforms. actually enforced by the school.
- Big Bad: Progressively becomes this as he becomes more and more ruthless in his vendetta against the F.E.A.H.
- Badass Cape: His current uniform.
- Bling of War: When leading heroes to battle
- Expy: Of Sean Connery.
- Hypocrite: Poses as a righteous hero but is ready to use the dirtiest tricks to discredit a rival school.
- Retired Badass: Was part of the most famous team of heroes during the last Heroes War, now he is acting as school director.
- Villain with Good Publicity
AngeA student of Saint-Ange who literally looks like an angel. Very self-righteous, he dreams of punishing the obviously evil F.E.A.H. students.
- Freudian Excuse: had a very difficult childhood due to his mother's addictions.
- HeelFace Turn.
- Knight Templar: Has no qualms trying to cut Chance into pieces, just because she looks like a demon.
- Light Is Not Good: Dressed entirely in white.
- Noble Bigot
- Our Angels Are Different: This one is a self righteous jerkass. And a mere human empowered with wings after an heroic deed.
- Redemption Equals Death: Takes The Bullet in the series final episode to save Chance.
- Repressed Memories : a former thug, he has lost all memories of his past demeanor
- Revenge Before Reason: Does not take well his defeat at the hand of Chance and compromises his next mission in his obsession to find a way to defeat her.
- Sinister Shades: His dark sunglasses are a hint that he is not as good as his look would suggest. He throws them away after his HeelFace Turn
ClaidheamorThe silent long haired companion of Ange. He can turn into a two-handed sword for Ange to wield.
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: When turned into a sword, he can cut through stone pillars like butter.
- BFS: A living one!
- Childhood Friend: with Ange.
- Graceful Loser: After Ange and him are defeated by Chance during a public duel, he admits that Chance fought and won honorably, defusing the situation with the distraught Saint-Ange public.
- Heterosexual Life-Partner: with Ange.
- Living Weapon
- Meaningful Name: An anagram of Claymor Head.
- Metalhead: Has the look and is shown playing the guitar.
- Prayer Is a Last Resort: It is revealed in a flashback that after witnessing Ange falling always deeper in a life of drugs and crimes and a near fatal overdose he saw no other option than to go to a church and pray for his friend. He did not get an answer from who he expected but it did save Ange's life.
- The Conscience: To Ange.
- The Quiet One: Almost never speaks. And when he does EVERYBODY listens.
- The Stoic
- Token Good Teammate : Is the most reasonable member of his team.
Wang MuXiong Mao's half-sister, ready to everything to get rid of her sibling.
- Always Second Best: To Xiong Mao.
- Animated Tattoo: Like most Mafia family members, she possesses a Totem Tatoo.
- Dark Action Girl
- Mafia Princess: But contrary to her sister, she is eager to take her rightful place at the head of the organization.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her outfit is quite revealing. And Snakes Are Sexy.
- Spoiled Brat: Behaves a lot like this.
- Foil: To Xiong Mao.
- The Glorious War of Sisterly Rivalry: With Xiong Mao. A rather extreme case!
- Unskilled, but Strong: Contrary to her sister she possesses a Totem Tatoo, and one of the most powerful ones (the Thousand Snakes). But she tends to rely heavily on it and has not really developed other fighting skills.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: A rare female and villainous variation. She is desperate to win her mother's approval and it explains why she is so focused on on besting Xiong Mao.
- Defeat Equals Friendship: Once defeated during the Opera House battle (and Psychoporn freed from his conditioning) they leave Saint Ange for the F.E.A.H. and become good friends with the heroes.
- Elegant Classical Musician: The theme of the team.
- Gale-Force Sound: They can use their instruments to create destructive sound waves.
MelodyWields a harp.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys: Subverted: She is in a relationship with Requiem but is initially ashamed when his real rebellious personality as Psychoporn resurfaces. In Episode 6, the tensions in their couple due to their diverging personalities are responsible for one of the levels of Hell the heroes must solve.
- Berserk Button: Do not insult her boyfriend!
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Girly Girl: Her personal hell is full of fluffy stuff
- Harp of Femininity
SonatinaWields a Flute.
- Aloof Dark-Haired Girl
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Her flute is not as powerful as the other instruments but she can easily snipe running targets at long range.
- Only Sane Woman: Let's say that her two companions are not as stable as they seem...
- The Leader: In episode 6, she becomes the leader of the students defending the city from the hellish invasion while the main characters are busy finding its origin.
Requiem PSYCHOPORNThird member and only male of the group. Wields a Sousaphone
- Air Guitar: Once his real personality resurfaces, he drops his sousaphone to become a Air Guitar Hero!
- BFG: His sousaphone is the instrumental equivalent.
- Meaningful Name: Both his names: it is revealed in the ending that is an actual psychopomp
- Pointy Ears: For some reason. It is never explained why, but it may indicate that like Changelin he has some fairy blood.
- Powerful, but Inaccurate: His sousaphone sure does a lot of collateral damage.
- Rebellious Spirit: Once freed from his conditioning he can't stand Saint Ange rigid rules anymore.
- Split Personality
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome
- The Power of Rock
- The Rock Star : what he really wants to be
- HeelFace Turn: After they are defeated they give up their mission and join the movement of the F.E.A.H. students.
- Non Action Guys: Downplayed: While they have some offensive abilities, they are severely outclassed by Xiong Mao and Ombre whenever there is a physical confrontation. T On the other hand their powers are shown to be quite efficient when it comes to investigation, spying and laying ambushes.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In spite of joining the F.E.A.H. students, and being present in the bar invaded by the creatures from hell, they are not seen after Episode 5.
ForefingerThe nerdy looking leader of the group. He can draw magic circles.
- Cool Gate: Can draw portals, giving his team an unmatched mobility.
- Defector from Decadence: Once defeated he is quite willing to switch sides as he already had strong reservations against the Director's motives.
- Nerd Glasses
- Spell Book: Always carries a big book titled Circles of Life.
- Support Party Member: Does not appear to have any direct offensive abilities, but his circles are useful in a large variety of situations and complement the powers of his teammates well.
- The Smart Guy: Easily the most level headed member of his group. He quickly deduces that the discoveries of Main Trio have implications for all hero students.
PinkieA Gypsy girl using a tarot deck.
- Faux Action Girl: Tries her best but is completely outmatched by Xiong Mao.
- Hot Gypsy Woman
- Improbable Weapon User: Throws her cards as lethal weapons.
- Large Ham: Spends a bit too much time calling her attacks.
MediumA tall bald guy able to invoke ghosts.
- Awesome, but Impractical: His ghost invocation sure looks quite impressive. Too bad it takes forever to complete and misfires spectacularly if interrupted...
- Badass Longcoat: Subverted: In spite of his scary look, he is pretty helpless in combat.
- Bald of Awesome
- Facial Markings
- Supernatural Sensitivity: Can see ghosts, even the ones that he did not invoke himself.
- Tracking Spell: Can use his ghosts that way.
TisonThe leader of a secret organization of students fed up with Saint Ange rigid and hypocritical rules.
HalifaxAn animated suit of armor still carrying the skeleton of his long deceased owner and haunting the archive room in the basement of the F.E.A.H. library.
- Affably Evil: He is always perfectly polite and cordial, even when he is trying to cut you into pieces to extract your beating heart from your chest.
- Animated Armor
- Chivalrous Pervert: If you are a woman he will emulate the behavior of his long dead womanizing master. That is until he has an opportunity to open your chest to take your heart.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Halifax was the armor of a medieval knight and stayed buried with his master for centuries. When he decided it was time to leave their grave society had changed a lot and he never bothered to catch on.
- Insane Troll Logic: His master used to ask young ladies to give him their heart. His master died of an heart attack. Therefore all what his master needs to get better is sa new heart taken from a young lady.
- Undying Loyalty: Centuries after his master's death he is still trying to resurect him no matter what.
- Team Pet: [[spoiler: After his capture, Alucrade and Co start to keep him (safely chained) with them to complement their undead themed team.
RosebudRosebud is the only gingerbread man who gets to have his own personality and name.
Introduced in Rouge
Masiko Blanca SaotomeLi Xiong Mao's mother and a great warrior woman.
- All Girls Want Bad Boys.
- Ambiguously Brown: Due to her mixed ancestry. Lampshaded in one of her stories where a group of bad guys discuss the troubles they had with several women of various ethnicity, before understanding too late that they were speaking about the same person all along.
- Badass Normal: No special ability, no fancy martial art, but, whoever you are, she will cut you into pieces if you cross her path.
- Big Beautiful Woman: Downplayed.
- Hitman with a Heart: Her relationship with her daughter and husband.
- Like Mother, Like Daughter: see All Girls Want Bad Boys and Single Woman Seeks Good Man.
- Mixed Ancestry: As showed by her Latino-Japanese name and her fighting style.
- Ms. Fanservice.
- Retired Badass: Zigzaged.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Zigzaged.
- Spicy Latina: a Mixed Ancestry one.
- The Dreaded: Has a whole organization of former enemy villainesses dedicated to her downfall... and they are terrified when she shows up.
- Weapon of Choice
- Womanchild: Summarized in the comic book:"simultaneously Madonna and Womanchild".
AïnhoaMasiko's sister, she was tasked with teaching Flamendo to Xiong Mao.
- Badass Normal: One of the world masters of Flamendo
- Dance Battler: Of course.
- Parental Substitute: For Xiong Mao
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Composed, elegant and always responsible, she is the almost polar opposite to her sister.
Xiong Mao's fatherA high ranking leader of the Eastern Mafia and Xiong Mao's and Wang Mu's father
- Authority Equals Asskicking: We don't get to see him fight often, but if needed, he can nead his troops himself and is no pushover.
- Knife Nut: He likes honing knives because he finds it relaxing. No wonder where Xiong Mao got her taste for sharp blades.
- Noble Bigot: Masiko implies he was one in his youth.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Does all what is in his power to ensure the protection of Xiong Mao and Masiko, but due to his function he must be careful to always follow the rules of the Mafia.
SélèneA new student who immediately attracts the attention of the school bullies. Of course Xiong Mao is quick to step in in order to protect her.
- Elemental Shapeshifter: Can turn into water.
- Forgotten Fallen Friend: Averted: Memories of her resurface during the final battle of Freak's Squeele. And Rouge's epilogue reveals that Xiong Mao eventually names her daughter after her.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Long curly blond hair, and the sweetest person you can think of.
- Heal It with Water
- Heroic Sacrifice: Of the Sacrificial Revival Spell variety. In an extreme case of Empathic Healing she heals Xiong Mao's lethal burns, consuming her whole body in the process.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Very feminine and definitely attracted to girls.
- Making a Splash
- Nice Girl
- Support Party Member: Unable to fight directly, but by combining her elemental abilities with Xiong Mao, they are able to do awesome things.
MayLeader of the Spring Trio, a group of schoolgirls harassing Xiong Mao at the request of her sister.
- Even Evil Has Standards: When Wang Mu burns her own sister nearly to death, she finally understands that things went far too far, and she immediately switches side.
- Jerk: Mean and domineering.
- Flash Step: Can perform short bursts of Super Speed movements.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: The Spring Trio wears black outfits with masks when they ambush Xiong Mao. Does not prevent anyone from recognizing them instantly.
- SexFace Turn: Credits to Fei Long.
- The Minion Master: Regularly calls hordes of Masked Mooks
AprilMember of the Spring Trio. A silent big girl.
- Lightning Bruiser: Surprisingly fast for such a large girl.
- Super Strength
- The Stoic
- Token Good Teammate: According to her profile, she scores 4/4 in kindness. It does not stop her from obeying the orders of May though.