Angikuni Village is a Dangan Ronpa OC Roleplay on reddit (as well as Discord) created by Tina P 5 and Syniee. It is the spiritual successor to IDROCR. Set in the same universe as the game it's based off, Danganronpa, it instead stars Original Characters of the players, with class trials taking place on Reddit.
The story begins when the players wake up in a glass dome in the middle of a dense forest, and become trapped in a killing game where the only way to escape, is to murder and get away with it.
This Roleplay contains the following tropes:
- Alas, Poor Villain: The culprits only killed due to fear of Monokuma's motive, though the amount of sympathy they received differed greatly.
- Anyone Can Die: Considering that it's based off Danganronpa, this is inevitable.
- All for Nothing: In the second trial, several people shared their dark secrets given by the motive, just to find out that it didn't matter at all.
- Big Brother Is Watching: There are cameras installed in majority of the areas.
- Body of the Week: Again, considering the franchise it's based on. The only way to escape is committing a perfect murder and getting away with it. Twice.
- Closed Circle: The entirety of the campsite is encased in a glass dome, leaving no way of escaping.
- Convenient Misfire: When Mica gets her hands on a gun (with the safety OFF for some reason) from Takashi (via the Kurokuma Storage), this occurs. Thankfully, the shot went into the trees, and save for some ringing ears, no one was hurt from it.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: How the executions go.
- Dark and Troubled Past: If the secrets revealed are anything to go by...
- Dark Secret: Part of the second chapter's motive. Each student was told a secret about another, albeit with no identity given. While some of them were very ominous (someone was a serial killer, for example), others were more mundane (someone had a twin sister).
- Deadly Game: See above.
- Empty Chair Memorial: The court room has a seat for every student, and whenever a student dies, Monokuma puts up a portrait in their place with a huge, magenta 'X' on their face.
- Fair-Play Whodunnit: Unlike the games, alibis and potentially some evidence is allocated to each living player, though how it is used depends on the player themselves.
- Identical Grandson: The third motive depicts some of the character's relatives with surprisingly similar features regarding their apperance...
- I Have Your Wife: The first half of the second motive. Each student received a phone call that implies this situation. This is followed up by the secrets. This was done to induce paranoia.
- Played straight with the third motive, in which a movie showed persons dear to the cast unsuspecting of imminent danger.
- Informed Ability: Most of the students don't get to use their talents because of the situation they're in. Lampshaded by Yuuto, much to his dismay.
- Involuntary Battle to the Death: The entire point of the game.
- Love Hurts: Yuuto and Ryotei's relationship, with the latter being murdered in chapter 2.
- Public Execution: The fate of anyone who fails to get away with murder.
- Sadistic Choice: Kill one of your classmates, or spend the rest of your life in captivity - and when it comes down to the trial, fess up and receive a gruesome punishment, or escape with the blood of everyone else on your hands.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Done by Yuuto to both Shizuka and Mirabel, the latter taken up to eleven as she murdered his love interest, Ryotei.
- Two-Teacher School: The camp counselors are the bears Shirokuma and Kurokuma, with Monokuma overseeing it all.
- Utsuge: Considering the mechanics of the roleplay, this is somewhat inevitable.
- Win Your Freedom: Though the method leaves much to be desired.
- Your Days Are Numbered: The first chapter's motive. Each student was given a colored bracelet, and each color had an allocated amount of time in hours to it. Monokuma doesn't explicitly explain what happens when time's up, but it's safe to say that it won't be pleasant. In the end, it's left unknown.
- You Wake Up in a Room: Or rather, a campsite encased in a dome.