Aden (JP: Azel)
Aden is friendly and outgoing, albeit head-strong at times. He shares a somewhat playful, teasing relationship with his childhood friend Sonja, for whom he cares deeply about. He values the friendship of others.
Due to various circumstances, he ends up being whisked away to another world and finds himself on Fenith Island, and sharing his body with Sonja's consciousness.
Once the player goes through the events to separate Sonja's consciousness from his body and chooses to play as her from then on, Aden moves into the Three Sisters Inn and becomes a dateable bachelor.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: His confession event as a bachelor.
- Badass Adorable: Battles his way through the various Shrines and enemies on islands, while cooking food and crafting his own weapons and accessories.
- Bishōnen: As required of a Rune Factory protagonist.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: If the player romances him, Aden reveals that he and Sonja had one and even mentions it after his proposal.
- Color-Coded Characters: The male protagonist with blue accents.
- Deadpan Snarker: He can be vicious and blunt when teasing.Sonja: Your adorable best friend brings you lunch, and all you can say is "What's the deal with you?"Aden: Adorable? Who said you're adorable?
- Dual Wielding: His default weapon are two swords.
- Dub Name Change: Azel was changed to Aden.
- Friendship Moment
- The introduction has him share one with Sonja, with the two declaring that they care deeply for each other, before they are enveloped by a mysterious light that serves as the plot catalyst.
- After the final battle, Aden's seen protecting Sonja's unconscious body, as they fall back to earth.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Turns out he and Sonja were sent into the future, not to another world.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: As is usual for the series, despite having an official name.
- Heroic Second Wind: Experiences it during the final battle because of thoughts of his friends.
- Hot-Blooded: Can become rather riled-up over certain things.
- I Choose to Stay: After defeating the Masked Man, he chooses to stay on Fenith Island and this time.
- Improbable Weapon User: One iteration of his twin-blades are giant fireworks...
- Nice Hat: Wears one by default, which is tilted to the side.
- Not Worth Killing: Says this to the Goblin Pirate Captain.
- Oblivious to Love
- Most of the romantic LP events with the bachelorettes has Aden have no clue what is going on, until she pretty much spells it out to him.
- Violent's 6 FP event reveals that this is also why Sonja gets irritated when Aden talks to Violet. Not because she's jealous, but because Aden is not noticing Violet's painfully obvious crush on him.
- Official Couple: Seems to have this going with Sonja. Upon their separation, Sonja starts off with several affection points higher than the rest of the bachelorettes at that point, making her the only bachelorette to start off with LP instead of FP for him.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: His accents are blue, compared to Sonja's pink.
- Sharing a Body: Shares his body with Sonja's consciousness, after they find themselves on Fenith Island.
- She Is Not My Girlfriend: One of the first things he says to Odette about Sonja.
- Sword Fight
- Done in the opening against the orcs, sword pointing included.
- The later battle against the Masked Man can be considered this.
- Time Travel Romance: If the player chooses to marry any bachelorette that isn't Sonja.
- Trapped in Another World: He and Sonja were teleported from their home of Fenith Island into another world's version of it. Turns out that it's the same world, but 200 years into their future.
- Tsundere: Has shades of this, in particular as a dateable bachelor towards Sonja.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Should the player choose to have Sonja marry someone else.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: Becomes this if the player chooses to have Sonja marry him.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Very pale blue that looks almost white.
Sonja (JP: Sonia)
Sonja has a bright personality and a cheerful disposition, which is rarely dampened. She does tend to become jealous rather quickly. She cares deeply for Aden and often makes him lunch, making her a very experienced cook.
When she and Aden get sent to another world, her body disappears and her consciousness attaches itself to Aden. Sharing his body does cause some complications. Sonja can sing the Spirit Song, just like the three sisters from Fenith Island.
After completing the separation of her consciousness from Aden's body and returning to her own, should the player choose to continue to play as Aden, Sonja will move into the Three Sisters Inn and become a dateable bachelorette.
- Action Girl: Becomes one as the controllable protagonist.
- Badass Adorable: Such a sweet-looking girl that loves to cook and can beat even the largest enemies in the battle arena.
- Blow You Away: She's the Wind Dragon Priestess.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: Turns out to have one with Aden, if the player romances her.
- Color-Coded Characters: The female protagonist with pink accents.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Sonja repeatedly establishes that she does all the cooking in her and Aden's relationship. She even claims that Aden is only an unskilled cook because she's always doing it for him.
- First Girl Wins: Should the player choose to have Aden marry her.
- Fish out of Temporal Water: Turns out she and Aden were sent into the future of their home, rather than being sent to another world.
- Freaky Is Cute: Considers everything to be cute, even the creepy mantis-bug monster she and Aden can tame.
- Friendship Moment
- The beginning has her declare how much she cares for Aden, before the two are whisked away by a mysterious, white light that serves as a plot catalyst.
- Her unconscious body gets protected by Aden after the final battle.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: When the player separates her from Aden's body and chooses to play as her, she gains all of the levels the player gained as Aden. Should Aden's cooking level be below, Sonja's cooking level will immediately start at 40, refering to her cooking experience.
- Genki Girl: Retains her preppiness, even while trapped inside Aden's body.
- Grand Theft Me: Her body was taken and possessed by the Masked Man, who used it to achieve various means.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Sonja becomes increasingly jealous of Aden developing relationships with the various bachelorettes, especially because of the awkward circumstance of sharing a body with him.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Can be named, too, despite also having an official name.
- I Choose to Stay: Decides to remain on this Fenith Island after the final battle.
- Improbable Weapon User: Has access to various odd weapon choices, just like Aden.
- Magic Music: Her Spirit Song has the ability to evoke certain happenings, allowing her to achieve tasks few others can.
- Nice Hat: Wears a leather headcrown-thing by default.
- Official Couple: Implied to have this going on with Aden. Just like her, should the player choose to play as Sonja after the separation, Aden will start with extra affection for her.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: Her accents are pink, compared to Aden's blue.
- Plucky Girl: Despite being forced to live inside her childhood friend's body for an uncertain amount of time, as well as being sent to another world, Sonja's disposition remains happy and positive.
- Sharing a Body: Her consciousness becomes attached to Aden's body. She can control Aden to a certain extent, which allows her to accomplish tasks that she otherwise wouldn't be able to do, and others can communicate with her. This siutation does remain awkward, as she has to comply to Aden's rules about certain things.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her name is written as Sonia, and she was universally referred to as this even before her dub name was announced. Sonja is a valid way to interpret her original name, though.
- Sweet Tooth: Babbles about wanting to eat sweet cakes or similar while sharing Aden's body. Fruit tart and other sweet foods are also her preferred gifts to get as a bachelorette.
- Trapped in Another World: Sent to another world's version of Fenith Island with Aden. It's the same island, but 200 years into their future.
- Time Travel Romance: If she marries anyone other than Aden.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Should the player choose not have Aden marry Sonja.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: If the player chooses to marry Sonja.
- You Could See Me?: Joe was able to actually see Sonja while she was trapped in Aden's body.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Cherry-blossom pink.
Lily is the oldest of the sisters running the Three Sisters Inn.
She has a generally calm disposition, although she can appear a bit ditzy at times, and treats her younger sisters with a motherly attitude.
Unlike her sisters, Lily is a terrible cook. Any attempt of hers to actually do some cooking ends in failure and harm to any taste-tester. But Lily is an accomplished lute player and is often found entertaining the dining customers by playing her instrument in the evening.
Lily is one of the Dragon Priestesses on the island and can sing the Spirit Song.
- Character Development: Her events revolve around improving her cooking with some help of Aden and her sisters, particularly in her romance route.
- Curtains Match the Window: Despite all the sisters having golden eyes, Lily's appear darker and closer to her reddish hair in the default Opening. Her in-game character does have noticeably golden eyes.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: She has a frequent tendency to trip and fall flat on her face. Talking to her does have her mention that she never trips while holding her lute, much to her surprise.
- Dishing Out Dirt: The Earth Dragon Priestess of the island.
- Floral Theme Naming: Shares it with her youngest sister.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: Lily being a terrible cook is taken into account when it's her shift to run the counter at the inn. Her selection is much smaller than Odette's, and all the offered dishes are extremely simple, with none of them involving a whole lot of cooking.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a pair of yellow flower pins.
- Lethal Chef: Any cooking attempt ends in smoke, ashes, and someone fainting.
- Magic Music: Sings the Spirit Song, alongside her sisters and Sonja.
- Oblivious to Love: She's unaware that Bacchus has a crush on her.
- People Puppets: Becomes subjected to this by the Masked Man, though Odette comes to her aid.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her name is sometimes written as Lili.
- Team Mom: Takes on this role in her household.
- Verbal Tic: Tends to say "Oh, my" during conversations.
- Weight Woe: During the Miss Fenith Island Festival, Lily can comment that her swimsuit doesn't fit her bust as well as it did last year. She's concerned that this means she's gotten fatter. Aden thinks to himself that it isn't that.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Downplayed. Despite her personality, she has no domestic traits.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Quite a noticeable shade of orange.
Odette is the middle sister of the sisters running the Three Sisters Inn.
She is the one to meet Aden — and Sonja, much to her surprise — shortly after they arrive on this Fenith Island. She gives them a tour and helps them get acquainted with their new surroundings, even offering them to live in the inn's guest house.
Odette is an excellent cook and the main chef at the inn. She's quite proud of her cooking abilities and is often the one serving the customers in the evening.
She's one of the Dragon Priestesses on the island, often found wandering up to the Dragon Shrine and praying, and can sing the Spirit Song.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: Her romance route features one. She accidentally blurts it out during her 9 LP event. Once she realizes that she just confessed to Aden, she switches her Tsundere ways and yells at him, claiming that she wouldn't date him, anyway.
- Beta Couple: Implied to be the second main choice for Aden, next to Sonja. She's the first girl to meet Aden, and plays an important role during the main story. If it were not for the fact that Sonja's constantly around Aden, Odette would fulfill the first girl rule.
- Big Eater: Implied to be one during the game a few times.
- Feather Motif: Wears a necklace with two feathers around her neck, and has feathers attached to her hairband.
- First Girl Wins: Should the player have Aden marry her, as Odette is the first girl Aden meets on this Fenith Island.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: Whenever it's Odette's shift at the inn, the menu of available dishes is much larger and filled with more elaborate dishes, since she's an experienced cook.
- Gosh Darn It to Heck!: "I'm here to save your bacon!"
- Hair Decorations: Wears a hachimaki around her ponytail, and feathers attached to that.
- Improbable Hairstyle: Compared to most hairstyles on Fenith Island, hers stands out.
- Insecure Love Interest: Should the player romance her, there's an event where Odette is looking for some foundation to hide the scar in her face. She'll ask Aden if her scars bother him, with either option easing her worries.
- Magic Music: Sings the Spirit Song, alongside her sisters and Sonja.
- Meaningful Name
- Odette likes her name, saying that it sounds like that of a princess. It is the name of the princess from Swan Lake, and the feather motif in her design evokes this.
- Her name also includes the base Ode, which is a type of poem that is meant to be sung. It ties into the theme of the Spirit Song and musical powers of the game.
- Miko: She takes her duties as a priestess to Fenith Island's Descended Dragon seriously. Odette can be found at the Dragon Shrine frequently, either cleaning or praying. She's also the one to take care of the new egg, after the previous dragon departs for the Forest of Beginnings.
- Mind-Control Eyes: Her eyecolor changes when she's possessed by the Dragon's spirit.
- People Puppets: While channeling the Dragon's spirit.
- Playing with Fire: She's the Fire Dragon Priestess of the island.
- Powers via Possession: Gains some very useful powers while possessed by the Dragon's spirit. And she even has some degree of control over them, too.
- Scars Are Forever: Has a small scar under her right eye. There's a more prominent one on her upper right arm, though it's partially concealed by her armband.
- Supreme Chef: The best cook out of the sisters, and is the main chef at the inn.
- Tsundere: Displays traits like this, particularly towards Aden when romanced.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is lavender, making her stand out from her sisters.
Violet (JP: Iris)
Violet is the youngest of the sisters running the Three Sisters Inn.
Contrary to her much more open sisters, Violet has a gentle and somewhat timid personality, though she can be quite scary when angry over someone she loves.
Violet doesn't work at the inn, but mostly does some cleaning early in the day. She runs the clinic at the church and is the sole nurse. She enjoys gardening and can be seen tending to the flowers outside of the church or at the inn.
She's one of the island's Dragon Priestesses and can sing the Spirit Song.
- Curtains Match the Window: The default opening depicts Violet with brown eyes alongside her brown hair. Her in-game character does share the golden eyecolor with her sisters.
- Dub Name Change: Her name was changed to Violet, to prevent confusion with the other Iris.
- Floral Theme Naming: Shares one with her oldest sister.
- Girly Run: Her in-game character does this.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a lacey nurse cap.
- Love at First Sight: Heavily implied with Aden, with whom she has difficulty talking at first.
- Magic Music: Sings the Spirit Song, alongside her sisters and Sonja.
- Making a Splash: She's the Water Dragon Priestess.
- Meaningful Name: Her dub name fits her prominent personality trait.
- The Medic: She's the island's nurse and runs the clinic, which includes a little shop where she sells simple potions and concotions she has made herself.
- Pink Means Feminine: Next to the outgoing Odette and the gentle-but-clumsy Lily, Violet's pink theme shows her to be the most feminine of the sisters.
- Proper Tights With Skirt: Wears white tights under her dress.
- Shrinking Violet: Has difficulty talking with strangers at first, but opens up eventually.
Electra de Sainte-Coquille, part of the same-named clan.
Contrary to most members of the clan, her branch family is not rich at all. Their fortune was depleted some time ago, leaving her and her mother quite poor, and Maerwen their only remaining maid.
Electra is hardworking and very earnest, doing her best to act as the represenatitve of Fenith Island in her mother's stead, as well as working several part-time jobs to earn some money.
She enjoys crafting accessories in her spare time, and admits to studying a lot. She hopes to eventually manage to attend a business school off the island, in order to learn how to better lead. She dreams of becoming mayor one day.
- Curtains Match the Window: Her deep, electric-blue eyes match her hair.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a lacey kerchief.
- Impoverished Patrician: Averted. Her particular branch of the de Sainte-Coquille family was never as wealthy as those in the other Rune Factory games. She does retain her fine dress and a mansion to live in, but her financial issues are well-known, and Electra works several part-time jobs to make ends meet.
- Non-Idle Rich: She takes on the duties as representative of Fenith Island, does a lot of the mansion's housework, and works part-time at the general store, the inn and the church.
- Pimped-Out Dress: She wears a very elaborate dress with a wide skirt while performing her duties and doing housework, although one can see that she has been altering it by adding pockets and similar to hold items for crafting accessories.
- Pink Means Feminine: Her dress is mostly pink.
Maerwen (JP: Melprine)
Maerwen is the only remaining maid to the de Sainte-Coquille family.
Despite their different social standings, she and Electra are very good friends, though Maerwen's frustrated over her taking over most of the housework.
With Electra taking care of most of the housework, Maerwen has a lot of free time and can be seen wandering around the island a lot, or reading books in the mansion's garden.
Maerwen is a Dark Elf and can be sensitive about her heritage.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Justified. Maerwen specifically mentions that she is a Dark Elf.
- Dub Name Change: From Melprine to Maerwen.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a maid's headband, as one would expect of her.
- Meganekko: Wears a pair of stylish, rectangular glasses. She takes them off on occassion.
- Our Elves Are Different: She retains the Rune Factory trend of elves working as maids, though she doesn't mind her position or work. She does make frequent references to Dark Elves, specifically, and mentioning that her odd name means something akin to 'white flower on the water' among her people.
- Pointy Ears: Her ears are more perpendicular to her body than previous elves in the series.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Her name has been spelled as Merupurin, Melprin, Melpurin...
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She mostly displays a professional friendliness towards Aden and Sonja. Should the player romance her, she'll significantly warm up to Aden.
- Unusual Eyebrows: They look like tattoos at first glance, though why they look so perculiar is unexplained.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is a pale green color, making it stand out next to her dark skin.
Elena is the local blacksmith on Fenith Island.
She lives with her older brother. She creates some standard weapons that are sold at her shop Chronos note , though she doesn't run the shop herself. She lets a golem she has built do it.
Elena creates partially-mechanical golems in her spare time and has an inordinate amount of knowledge in this field. She's highly interested in Ymir, the giant they planted.
She tends to speak harshly of others, but does have a kind heart beneath her rough speech.
- The Blacksmith: She creates some basic weapons and golems, with one of the latter running her store to sell the former.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: She's amazing at building golems and making weapons, but can't be bothered to deal with taking care of the shop. She prefers to have a golem do that for her, so she's free to wander the island or take an afternoon nap.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Very interested in building golems that are partially-mechanical, though her experimentations do fail on her at times. However, she doesn't seem to have much expertise or even interest in anything beyond this specific field.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a big, red ribbon.
- Mad Scientist: Often uses Aden as her test-dummy for her newest golem creation. Talking to her can also have her ask if she can dissect their sea-faring giant.
- The Napoleon: It's unclear if her ill-mannered behavior comes from her height or just a short temper.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: She's like a violent storm next to her brother's calm demeanor.
- Sweet Tooth: Likes her some chocolate chip cookies.
- Third-Person Person: Randomly lapses into this at times.
- Tsundere: Displays hers temper frequently, even calling her brother an idiot.
Sierra (JP: Sarah)
Sierra is one of the twins that owns the Gemini General Store.
She's quite a tomboy, carefree and outgoing. Since she considers running the store rather boring, she often plays hookey and prefers wandering around the island and just having fun.
Sierra often has her head in the clouds and comes across as absent-minded, leading to her saying something without thinking it through and embarrassing someone.
- Brilliant, but Lazy: One NPC mentions that Sierra is good at her job when she does it.
- Dub Name Change: From Sarah to Sierra.
- Fun Personified: Obviously! Sierra loves to have a good time, and is often heard impatiently awaiting the upcoming festivals.
- Genki Girl: She's the most extroverted out of the Fenith Island inhabitants.
- Pointless Band-Aid: Sports one on the right side of her face.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: She's outgoing and loud, compared to her more timid brother.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Referred to as Sara or Sera sometimes.
- Tomboy: Sierra's one all the way.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Not even winter can deter her from wearing them.
Mikoto's a female samurai from the Far East.
She was hired to guard the borders of Fenith Island, so she's often seen patrolling the areas. When she isn't patrolling, Mikoto can be found working on improving her skills as a warrior.
Mikoto tends to rarely speak of her past and focuses more on what is currently going on. She lacks confidence in herself as a person, and prefers to put her attention on her guard duties and swordsmanship.
- Action Girl: One of her requests has her spar with the protagonist. And she wins.
- Bifauxnen: To the point that even Fenith Island's inhabitants aren't sure if she's a woman.
- Cuteness Proximity: Becomes emotional when meeting an animal.
- Deadpan Snarker: Can display this trait on occassion.
- Embodiment of Virtue: Works hard at cultivating several of them.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: Mikoto has no bath-house dialogue to overhear as long as Aden and Sonja are still sharing a body. She only gains one after they are separated, and her relationship with Aden is high. She can be overheard expressing joy about finally bathing as a woman.
- Important Haircut: Only occurs on her romance route. After a heartfelt conversation about her past, Mikoto cuts her ponytail short. She uses it to symbolize her rebirth and declaration of gaining some self-confidence.
- Lady of War: Gives off this impression.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Magazines proclaimed Mikoto as a marriageable bachelorette before the game even came out. As such, her in-game revelation of being a woman and choosing to live as one became very well-known.
- Onna-Bugeisha: She is this to the best of her abilities, albeit unwillingly.
- Raised as the Opposite Gender: Heavily implied to have been the case. Mikoto comes from a country where women cannot be the head of the family, and she was an only child until she was fourteen years old. As a result, she was raised to fit a position typically filled by men. This is why she tries to pass as a man for a long time; she simply doesn't know how to act like a woman.
- The Stoic: Played straight and subverted. She's calm and cool-headed a lot of the time, though she shows a softer side when confronted with a cute critter. Should the player romance her, Mikoto will become more open about her emotions.
- The Unfavorite: She was an only child, until her brother was born. Her family began to ignore her at this point, as they now had an actual male heir to take over as head of the family.
- Weaksauce Weakness: She loves the ocean, but claims to not go there often because she can't swim. It's a lie, as changing into swimming attire would reveal her gender. Once Mikoto admits to being a woman, she does head to the beach and wears a swimsuit.
Pandora is an evil, demonic sorceress... err, just a humble witch.
She originally appears as a statue that Aden and Sonja obtain from a quest, before she manages to get released. As her first human contact in centuries, Pandora strikes up a peculiar relationship with the two.
Pandora initially claims to be nothing but a humble witch, who ended up accidentally transforming herself into a statue, but makes her true intentions of wanting to conquer the world quite clear.
Despite being set on eventually taking over the world and ruling it with an iron fist, Pandora's menacing appearance hides a kind demeanor.
- A-Cup Angst: Quinn says Pandora is 'just like her', who is not happy to hear that!
- Affably Evil: Even when she's plotting to take over the world, she's awfully friendly to Aden and Sonja. They can have a pleasant conversation going on, before Pandora easily turns the topic into a menacing exchange, and then smoothly transitioning back into friendly banter.
- And I Must Scream: She was trapped under the ocean as a statue for at least 400 years. And she admits to having been aware of her surroundings at all time, even saying that fish are not good conversationalists.
- Bowdlerise: Her being referred to as a demon has been mostly replaced with arch-sorceress in the English version. However, her father is referred to as a Fiend at least once.
- Cute Little Fangs: Inverted. They don't downplay her sinister appearance at all.
- Dark Magic: She claims to have wielded it in the past.
- Evil Overlord With An F In Evil: Hard to say what she's worse at. Being a sorceress or being evil.
- Expressive Clothes: Her floating scarf reacts to her emotions.
- Evil Is Hammy: Very much so, though she tries to hide the evil part.Pandora: My name is Pandora, an evil sorceress built on world conquest... err, I mean, a humble witch.
- Four Is Death: Likely the reason why she amasses a total of four followers.
- Hair Decorations: Wears a diadem.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Her father was a fearsome demon lord, while her mother was a simple human.
- Holy Burns Evil: Her most detested gift are rosary beads.
- Improbable Hairstyle: Some half-pigtail, half-down style.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Introduces herself as an evil sorceress, though she quickly corrects herself and calls herself naught but a humble witch. She's less shy about using her proper title later on.
- Meaningful Name: Pandora was the name of the woman in Greek Mythology that accidentally released evil upon the world.
- Most Definitely Not a Villain: Corrects herself into claiming that she's just a humble witch, but drops the charade.
- Mystical White Hair: Denotes her magical powers, though its color also subverts a common stereotype of her race.
- Older Than They Look: Looks the same as she did centuries ago because of her suspended animation as a statue.
- Our Demons Are Different: She displays some common traits with most iterations of her race, like having an intolerance to holy objects, but she has no issues with living at the Fenith Island church, and is quite friendly.
- People Puppets: When she's romanced, she gets possessed by her father sometimes.
- Purple Eyes: They accentuate her powers and mysticism.
- Really 700 Years Old: She's at least 400 years old, counting the time she has spent as a sentient statue.
- Spell My Name with an "S": According to pre-order material, her name is supposed to be Pandra.
- Take Over the World: Initially denies that it's her ultimate goal. She quickly goes on to induct Aden and Sonja as her followers and discusses tactics with them, with Quinn and Kelsey joining eventually.
- Taken for Granite: Pandora has been turned into a statue when she first appears. She was trying to petrify other people, but her spell backfired, and she was petrified for the last four centuries. Happens again for her 6 FP event, but she gets better much faster this time around.
- Unusual Ears: Her ears widen at the top and are segmented by ridges, reinforcing her demonic background.
James lives with his sister, Elena, and runs a shop at the plaza. His inventory involves all sorts of wares, mostly involving house expansions and extra utentsils that allow Aden and Sonja to craft things.
James is a gentleman through and through, and is quite cordial to any person he meets. He has a gentle demeanor, though he won't hesitate to chastise his little sister for her harsh behavior. Nonetheless, he does dote on her just as much.
- Big Brother Instinct: His dedication and focus on Elena are a big part of his personality. A lot of his lines revolve around her, and he even mentions forgetting his own birthday while preparing for hers.
- Hair Decorations: Ties his hair with a pale red ribbon.
- Intrepid Merchant: Sells a wide variety of wares, ranging from house expansions to lottery tickets. He also serves as a tutorial on the haggling mechanic in the game.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: His hair is the longest out of the bachelors.
- Motherly Side Plait: His ponytail is draped over his left shoulder.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: James gets angry easily over men liking his sister, even giving Aden the warning that he 'will not hand her out so freely'. And even during the wedding, he's very emotional over the fact that his little sister is getting married.
- Nice Hat: Less nice in the way that it is shabby, but he decorates it with pins and similar.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: He's much calmer compared to Elena's energetic attitude.
- Sweet Tooth: His favorite gift is Chocolate Pudding, though he's just plain happy about any kind of sweet dessert.
Joe's an extroverted and energetic treasure hunter. He lives with his grandfather, Bacchus, off the coast of Fenith Island, and tends to have several disagreements over the validity of his profession.
Joe is passionate about his job and displays a lot of competence at his tasks. He's a bit of a prankster and used to getting reprimanded over this, but retains his expressive emotions and opinions.
- Fiery Redhead: As energetic and emotional as he is, this is a given.
- The Goggles Do Nothing: For all intents and purposes, he's just wearing them to look cool.
- Hot-Blooded: If his arguing with his grandfather wasn't enough to convince you, just get him to talk about his treasure hunting.
- Improbable Hairstyle: His hairstyle is incredibly spikey, and stands out the most on the island, next to Odette's and Pandora's.
- Love at First Sight: With Sonja. Turns out he was actually able to see her when she was nothing but a spirit.
- Pelts of the Barbarian: His coat and pants are trimmed with fur year-round.
- The Prankster: Can be this at times.
- Raised by Grandparents: He lives with his grandfather off the island's pier.
Bismarck runs the Gemini General Store alongside his sister, Sierra. Contrary to her, though, he's quite responsible and serious about his job and diligently performs it.
Bismarck is rather timid, ranging to an almost socially awkward stance, and has difficulty speaking up. However, he will call his sister out for her lack of motivation and what difficulties this can cause at the store.
He values chivalry and dislikes unseemly actions, especially if those are directed towards women.
- "Awesome McCool" Name: He's self-conscious about the fact that Bismarck sounds like it belongs to a powerful and impressive person, which he admits to being the opposite of.
- Beware the Nice Ones: He will not just sit there and let men act untoward women!
- Character Development: His friendship events revolve around Aden and Sonja helping him overcoming his shyness and difficulty talking to women. His romantic event take this further, focusing on getting himself to be able to admit his feelings to her.
- Curtains Match the Window: Some official art depicts him with brown eyes and hair. His in-game character has golden eyes, just like his sister.
- Meganekko: The only bachelor to wear glasses and has a sweet disposition.
- Nice Guy: He's just sweet and kind to everyone, unless you behave inappropriately.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Very responsible and diligent, compared to Sierra's easy-going laziness.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Either Bismarck or Bismark.
- Split Personality: Downplayed. Bismarck is rather shy and has difficulty talking to people, especially when it comes to women, to the point that he can't even look them in the eye. However, whenever he's running the store and is in his 'business mode', he's much better at interacting with people.
Beatrix (JP: Bonaparte)
- Big Eater: Largely seen when she acts as the host and head judge of the annual cooking competition. Electra says she eats five times as much as a normal person.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Her general personality and habits can lean toward being rather bizarre at times.
- Gender-Blender Name: Not only is Bonaparte's (JP Name) name typically associated with a male, but she's voiced by one as well.
- Gonk: Unforunately for her, she takes after the de Sainte-Coquille fathers.
- Hands-Off Parenting: She seems to be somewhat unaware that she has a daughter. As stated previously, her time is largely monopolized by searching for a supposed load of wealth, which thus leaves Electra not only to her own devices, but also those inherent with being Fenith Island's representative.
- I Was Quite a Looker: She sometimes comments about how she used to be prettier, but somehow turned into a gonk.
- Nice Hat: Resembles something akin to a sunhat and bedecked with tuffs of fur, butterfly accessories, and a white rose.
- Verbal Tic: Has a peculiar propensity for ending certain words with random suffixes.
Quinn (JP: Kilt)
- Genki Girl: Not so much as other characters, though she is still very chipper.
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: Unsurprisingly, she wears pink, while Kelsey wears blue.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Whereas her brother prefers keeping to himself, she rather prefers to be out and about, doing something active.
- Theme Twin Naming: Kilt and Knit. The English names, Quinn and Kelsey also sound alike.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"??: It's a wonder what must have been going on in the heads of her parents when she was named. At least for the Japanese version, Quinn is a more sensible name.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Rank A, but with shorts.
Kelsey (JP: Knit)
- Pink Girl, Blue Boy: Unsurprisingly, he wears blue, while Quinn wears pink.
- Precocious Crush: On Violet, it seems.
- Sibling Yin-Yang: Whereas his sister is active and enjoys playing outside, he prefers to stay indoors reading books.
- Shrinking Violet: Is debilitatingly shy overall, though particularly so around Violet, as mentioned.
- Theme Twin Naming: Again, Kilt and Knit. As mentioned above, their English names sound alike too.
- Who Names Their Kid "Dude"??: Really, it's a wonder what must have been going on in the heads of his parents when he was named, too. Again, only for the Japanese names.
Jocelyn (JP: Jaslyn)
- Curtains Match the Window: Can be seen in concerns to her violet hair and violet eyes.
- Encyclopaedic Knowledge: She has to be, at the very least, somewhat learned in order appraise the various and random items brought to her.
- Happily Married: Though she often travels away from her husband, she doesn't respond to any sort of flirting.
- Meganekko: And of the particularly scholarly sort.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Is often referred to as "Juslyn."
Father Gerard (JP: Grey)
- Ambiguously Gay: Some of his lines toward Aden sound like outright flirting, and that's putting aside his flamboyant personality.
- Ambiguously Bi maybe, since, as stated above and below, he shows interest in both Aden and Violet.
- Retired Badass Preacher: Is apparently so strong that even after deserting his country's army in the middle of a war they realize he would be impossible to capture and opt to instead simply refer to him as being "on leave".
- Camp Straight: Despite his rather ambiguously gay behavior, he mentions how cute he thinks Violet is and that it is a shame he is a priest.
- Good Shepherd: One of the many reasons why the residents of Fenith Island like him so.
- Long Haired Prettyboy: A bit older than the standard.
- Scars Are Forever: As aforementioned, has a horizontal scar under his left eye.
- The Alcoholic: Though, admittedly, he appears to drink simply because he enjoys it, and not for emotional reasons.
- Dirty Old Man: When he hears that Lily is participating in the Miss Fenith Island Contest, he becomes very...eager to get to the beach, to say the least.
- Father Neptune: He's an old seadog who now mentors his grandson on the art of treasure hunting.
- The Goggles Do Nothing: His appear to be there simply for show, as any use of them is currently unknown.
- Meaningful Name: "Bacchus" is generally associated with that of the Roman god of wine and revelry.
- Seadog Beard: Who else but him would have this?
- Scars Are Forever: He's got plenty of scars covering his arms, likely stemming from fishing expeditions of some sort.
The Goblin Pirate Captain
- Enemy Mine: While he and his crew do antagonize Aden and Sonja, they aren't fighting on the side of the Masked Man either. He realizes this toward the end and tries to help.
- Goldfish Poop Gang
- HeelFace Turn: Toward the end, he realizes he's been antagonizing the wrong people and vows to change his ways.
- Please Kill Me If It Satisfies You: Before his HeelFace Turn, he initially asks Aden to behead him. He doesn't, of course, because he doesn't have time for him.
The Masked Man
- A God Am I
- Big Bad: As previously stated, he serves as the main antagonist to Aden and Sonja.
- Dark Magic: Uses this in conjunction with a large - and rather ornate - broadsword.
- Body Snatcher: Steals Sonja's form at the beginning of the game in order to accomplish various ends, particularly exploiting her ability to use the Spirit Song.
- Magic Music: Has the ability to sing the Spirit Song, as mentioned, though his has considerably more malevolent effects.
- Malevolent Masked Men: ... Obviously.
- People Puppets: Considering his true identity, this is the game's most notable example.
- The Reveal: The Masked Man? He's really Sonja's possessed body, as previously stated numerous times by this point.
- Samus Is A Girl's Body: While that is definitely not a female voice coming from under his robe, he stole Sonja's body, thus putting this trope into effect.