Micah (JP: Mais)
- Badass Adorable: In Wooly form.
- He's this even in human form.
- Comic Trio: He gets sucked into one with Sakuya and Pia when you do their requests. He ends up playing the voice of reason role.
- Deadpan Snarker: Moreso than the heroes of the other games.
- Determinator: At the end, walking through a TIDAL WAVE OF MAGICAL DRAGON GOD MAGIC AND LOGS for the sake of his fiancée.
- Easy Amnesia: Although he does recover later.
- Henshin Hero: Complete with transformation belt.
- Half-Human Hybrid
- The Hero: Well, duh.
- Improbable Weapon User: The king of them all. Farm tools, vegetables, backscratchers, cutlery, all are valid weapons.
- Interspecies Romance: He's half Wooly, so any relationship will be this. Up to Eleven since a 4 of his potential wives aren't human.
- Killer Rabbit: Woolies are some of the weakest, least-aggressive monsters in the series. Then along comes Micah.
- Official Couple: With Shara.
- Only Sane Man: A good deal of his dialogue shows that he considers himself this. Given that Sharance seems to be a town of Cloudcuckoolanders, he's not completely wrong.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Micah's wooly form can throw around monsters many times his size.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Via the aforementioned transformation belt, Micah is capable of assuming the form of a Wooly.
Shara (JP: Sia)
The canon heroine, a girl who tends the flower shop with her grandfather Wells and sister Monica. She initially finds Micah injured outside in his wooly form and takes care of him overnight.
- Cool Big Sis: Acts as this for Monica when she's not scolding her for biting Micah.
- First Girl Wins: If you marry her.
- Flowers In Her Hair: Her headband is covered in flowers.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Subverted. Monica thinks Shara's the foolish sibling, when she's actually playing along to make her feel mature.
- Friend to All Living Things: She doesn't have the same bias against monsters like her grandfather does.
- Hair Decorations: She wears sheer bows in her hair with her flowers.
- I Call It "Vera": She fights with a Tin Waterpot that she calls "Mr. Sprinkles".
- Improbable Weapon User: Her weapon of choice is a watering can, and she calls it "Mr. Sprinkles".
- Innocent Blue Eyes: As pictured.
- Innocent Flower Girl: She wears flowers as part of her daily attire and she loves to receive them as gifts.
- Location Theme Naming: In-universe, Shara is named after the tree and town. Also applies to her Japanese name as the town and tree are called "Sialens".
- Official Couple: She's the canon heroine.
- To the point that regardless of which girl the player has Micah marry, the ending cinematic will always show Shara being the one he runs to embrace, which can be off-putting to say the least.
- The Medic: If Micah takes her out adventuring, she mostly stands back and heals him.
- Parental Abandonment: She and Monica live with their grandfather, and it's never specified where their parents are.
- Romantic Two-Girl Friendship: She loves to talk about how cute Raven is. She also forms this with Kuruna when they meet.
- Sleepwalking: According to Monica, Shara will sometimes sleepwalk into her bed.
- White Magician Girl: She's very feminine, plays a healer role when taken into battle, and takes in any wounded monster despite her grandfather's protests.
Raven (JP: Toona)
Gaius's apprentice. Mostly silent and sour-faced, although she's hiding a secret. She's the first girl Micah meets while he's conscious.
- Badass Longcoat: She is almost never seen without her signature white longcoat over her Bare Your Midriff top.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Broken Bird: No pun intended.
- Continuity Nod: In her cameo in Rune Factory 4, she mentions gifts for Karina, Sofia, and Evelyn, refers to Gaius as her father who isn't a father and makes really good equipment that he forgets to sell, and blushes while saying that Woolies are her favorite monster.
- Cute Monster Girl: She's actually a humanoid Phoenix who can shapeshift into a totally human form.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Freakiness Shame: Micah pretty much tells her "But your wings are beautiful" after she reveals her phoenix form.
- Half-Human Hybrid
- Insecure Love Interest: Even after they're married, she'll constantly ask Micah for reassurance that he loves her.
- Meaningful Name: The localization gives her one. Her Japanese name is a little subtle; Toona is a genus of mahogany that has red wood.
- Parental Abandonment: She never knew her parents. Considering she's a phoenix, she may never have had any!
- Perpetual Frowner: To the point of making some zany schemes not unlike Sakuya's and several other excuses just so she doesn't have to smile to the costumers.
- The Phoenix: A shapeshifting variant who has assumed a human form.
- Secret Diary: To make it not so secret: Upstairs, bookshelf in the lower right bedroom. A Shout-Out to the diaries in older games, as the player increases her Relationship Values she writes more about Micah. Probably one of the reasons she's an Ensemble Dark Horse.
- Stalker with a Crush: Get her affection level with Micah high enough and she'll start sneaking into his house during the middle of the day.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: She seems icy and aloof, but she's got a very warm and loving heart, and she's a lot more tender than she lets others see.
- Town Girls: She's the Butch to Karina's Neither and Sofia's Femme, due to her aloof personality and her job of going out to collect materials for forging.
- Video Game Cruelty Punishment: If Micah builds up a relationship with her then marries someone else, she'll write a heart wrenching entry in her diary about how she thought Micah loved her.
- Visible Silence
Karina (JP: Karin)
Hazel's daughter. A slacker who wants to leave the little town she's in and enter high society. She can be found hanging with Sofia and Raven, or at 5 PM collecting from your shipping box.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Disappeared Dad: She only lives with her mother and it's never mentioned where her dad is.
- Freudian Excuse: She became apathetic about work because her mother was always working when she was a kid, which caused her to avoid the store because she didn't want to bother Hazel.
- Hair Decorations: She wears a bandana that holds back most of her bangs. When she's in her swimsuit, she'll wear a white headband.
- Hidden Depths: She dreams of going to the city. At one point she actually starts working in order to get enough money to go.
- Informed Flaw / Hollywood Pudgy At the beach, she claims she ate too much last winter and laments that "swimsuits can't hide reality". For the record, this is Karina in her swimsuit.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Karina is lazy compared to her workaholic mother.
- Magic Staff: She fights with this type of weapon in dungeons, because they allow her to stand far away and not put as much effort into fighting.
- Skirt over Slacks: The official artwork has her wearing shorts underneath her skirt.
- The Slacker: To the point where every word out of her mouth is accompanied by either a yawn or a sarcastic, tired remark.
- And if Micah marries her, she will rarely even make a lunch for him—and if she does, expect something extremely unspectacular.
- Secret Diary: Micah finds an old one that goes "Dear Diary, I realized today it's too much trouble to keep writing in you, so I won't."
- Town Girls: She's the Neither to Raven's Butch and Sofia's Femme.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is grey.
Shino's daughter. She runs the curio store in the inn and has a largely childlike personality, but is dead serious when it comes to money. Also a horrible cook.
- BFS: When you take her into dungeons, she fights with long sword weapons.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: With Pia, and Micah can join in during one of their requests.
- Comic Trio: Forms one with Micah and Pia. She's the idiot who comes up with the bad plans.
- The Determinator: She doesn't like monsters, but that doesn't stop her from going into dungeons to collect materials for her shop.
- Hair Decorations: She wears two accessories that resemble furin on her head.
- Hime Cut: Sports one.
- Lethal Chef: She heats the water for a boiled egg... with a Big Fire spell.
- Money Fetish
- Wingding Eyes: Give her something valuable and a G symbol will appear in her eye.
Pia (JP: Persia)
A happy-go-lucky mermaid who runs the baths in the inn. She has an odd fascination with squid and cares deeply for Sakuya and Shino.
- Boke and Tsukkomi Routine: With Sakuya, and Micah can join in with them during one of their requests.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: All her conversations seem to revolve around two things: bathing and squid.
- If you think she's a loony normally, wait until she realizes her feelings for Micah.
- Comic Trio: With Sakuya and Micah. She's the idiot who follows Sakuya's lead, although she sometimes misinterprets Sakuya's instructions.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Just look at the picture.
- Cute Monster Girl: She's a mermaid, after all, even though she spends most of the time in a human form.
- Does Not Understand Sarcasm: Not at all, something that Micah and Sakuya notes.
- Dull Eyes of Unhappiness: One hint that she actually isn't The Pollyanna; the only other person who has this is Raven. She might not even realize that she's sad in anyway, when she says her chest "prickles" when seeing a family in the bathhouse.
- Easy Amnesia: Mentions in one dialogue she can't remember life in the ocean except for the occasional dream, which she wakes up crying from.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation: She often says that having her tail out makes it difficult for her to move around, but her mermaid sprite still moves the same speed as her other form.
- Happily Adopted: Not formally, since she's listed as having no family, but Sakuya and Shino treat her as part of theirs, and she's perfectly happy with the arrangement.
- I Just Want to Have Friends: She often tell a story about the fact that she can't talk with the fishes makes the sea very lonely. Her attraction to Sakuya and Shino is because they want to accept her.
- Improbable Weapon User: Her weapon of choice is the Dekash - a weaponized tuna, which counts as a long sword.
- It Is Pronounced Tropay: Her Japanese name is meant to be pronounced as Per-see-ah as opposed to Per-sha.
- Little Bit Beastly: She has fins on her head and where her ears should be, as well as on her wrists.
- Making a Splash: She uses water spells in battle once in a while. If she's in her mermaid form, she'll only use them.
- Mermaid Problem: Gotten around by having her mermaid tail only come out when she's drenched. (Eg. rain)
- Our Mermaids Are Different: Pia's people change into a human form when they dry off and only regain their tail when soaking wet. Pia is also friends with fish, except for squid, whom she hates and so wants to devour whenever she finds them — it's unclear if this is a racial thing or just Pia being Pia.
- Rose-Haired Sweetie: One of the sweetest characters of the game even if she's quite airheaded.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Wants to rescue all the fish, ever. Except for squids, which are evil.Pia: So you see, squids are evil. I will eat them. I will eat them ALL.
- Zettai Ryouiki: When she has legs.
Collette (JP: Chocolat)
Blaise's daughter, who works as a waitress in her father's restaurant. She's very childlike and innocent, which is often taken advantage of by her friend Marian.
- Big Eater: No matter how much she eats, though, she can't seem to grow any taller, a fact she complains about.
- Butt-Monkey: She's Marian's personal guinea pig.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: One of her Artificial Atmospheric Actions is her falling over.
- Does Not Like Spam: She hates milk.
- Family Theme Naming: Her name in Japan fits into the family's theme of being named after foods connected to desserts.
- Hair of Gold
- Improbable Weapon User: Her weapon is a giant lollipop, which counts as an axe-type weapon.
- Missing Mom: She doesn't have a mother and it's never mentioned why.
- Older Than They Look: She's the shortest and flattest of the bachelorettes because of her dislike of milk.
- Skirt over Slacks: She wears poofy green shorts under her dress.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B.
Carmen (JP: Ion)
A tomboy who loves fishing as much as her brother. She and Carlos live by the lake and run a fishing resort. She also deems herself Micah's fishing teacher.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: A version of this with light green hair.
- Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male: She hits Micah quite often, even when Micah proposes to her.
- Improbable Weapon User: She fights with a fishing pole.
- Incest Subtext: She's rather... attached to her brother. Their introduction scene has them going totally melodramatic about her going out to go fishing, complete with "My dear brother/my beloved sister"s, and both talk about having trouble finding a boy/girlfriend as good as their sibling.
- Family Theme Naming: In the English version, both Carlos and Carmen's names start with "car".
- Nice Hat
- Parental Abandonment: She mentions that she grew up in Sharance and was raised by her brother, which could potentially mean that they passed away when she was young.
- Sailor Fuku: Her outfit is a stylized version of this.
- Tsundere: Type B.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has green hair.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Type B.
Sofia de Sainte-Coquille (JP: Sophia Harapenyo Viviaaju)
Sherman's daughter. Like her father, she has the habit of saying the opposite of what she means. She often hangs out with Raven and Karina for festivals.
- Attempted Rape: A quest of hers involves Micah keeping an unwanted suitor away from her. Her crying and the faceless NPC's forcefulness comes off this way.
- Bad Liar: Her lies are printed in red to drive this home.
- Although, it manages to fool everyone in town except Evelyn.
- Curtains Match The Windows
- Elegant Gothic Lolita
- Hair Decorations: Wears a bow on the right side of her head.
- Non-Idle Rich: In her bedroom, Micah finds impressive clothing designs, and she seems to have a genuine interest in forging and shopkeeping.
- Only Sane Woman: Before she started talking in opposites, she was by far the least quirky member of her family. Her only "odd" feature, her interest in junk, is actually fairly normal. However she basically forced her speech habits on herself when she hurt her sister's feelings and tried to convince her that she meant the opposite of what she said.
- Parasol of Prettiness: She carries one around when she's outside.
- Spoiled Sweet: Don't be fooled by her portrait, even right after meeting her she's very polite (in her own way) to Micah. Her character bio mentions that she's "haughty" but she never acts that way in-game.
- Town Girls: She's the Femme to Raven's Butch and Karina's Neither, dressed as a noblewoman and often carrying around a parasol on sunny days.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has violet hair.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter: She definitely doesn't take after Sherman.
Marian (JP: Marion)
The local Cute Witch. She helps her grandmother run the magic hospital and formulates new medicines in her spare time. Collette's her favorite test subject.
- Blessed with Suck: Because of her love for tomatoes and their scent, Marjorie enchanted her sense of smell to strengthen it. However, the spell ended up too strong and the smell of tomatoes completely nauseates her now.
- Catchphrase: "Do you want a shot?"
- Cute Little Fangs: She sports a pair.
- Cute Witch: It is even in her character description.
- Improbable Weapon User: Her weapon is a giant syringe that shoots fireballs and counts as a rod-type weapon.
- Mad Scientist: Well, she uses magic more than science, but she still has the right attitude.
- Mad Doctor: The fact she carries around a huge fireball shooting syringe kind of gives it away.
- Nice Hat: Wears a fancy witch hat as part of her getup.
- Parental Abandonment: Only lives with her grandmother.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Daria (JP: Dahlia)
An elf artist who stays in the forest just out of town. She's highly passionate about her works and calls Micah her "assistant".
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: She does it frequently.
- Catchphrase: "Rainbow!". Or at the lesser extend, her use of "Artistic!" and its variation.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: Probably higher up in the clouds than Pia.
- Calling Your Attacks: Beautiful attack! MARVELOUS attack!
- Cute Clumsy Girl: She will randomly trip while standing still.
- Everybody Knew Already: Micah is not supposed to realize she's an elf until she tells him, after he reveals his wooly form to her.
- Everything's Better with Rainbows: So much so, she might even speak with them when she uses the line.
- Forgets to Eat: Her art takes priority over food. One of her requests is getting her some food after she passes out while working.
- Improbable Weapon User: While her hammer is an appropriate weapon, she also uses it as a paintbrush.
- Ineffectual Loner: Notice that she lives at the front of the forest, away from the town, and doesn't have clique? Or how the town's inhabitants seem to have little regard of her?
- Large Ham: ALL of her voice clips have her shouting. Also whenever Micah tries saying her catchphrase during a date, she'll complain about how quietly he said it and tries to teach him to shout it louder.
- Mad Artist: Maybe not mad, but still a little, well, screwy.
- Tries to drag Micah into becoming her assistant, too. "Go, my assistant!"
- MayflyDecember Romance: As an elf, she has an extended lifespan. She confesses she was afraid of marrying Micah because she feared outliving him and being left alone.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: In the events leading to Micah revealing his Wooly form to her he laments that he doubts their relationship would work since he technically isn't human. She drops all of her quirks and attempts to console him.
- Pointy Ears: Well, she IS an elf.
- Unkempt Beauty: Her clothes and cheek are covered in paint splatters, but she still looks great.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade B.
Kuruna (EN: Cururufa)
One of the horned people, and the headswoman of the Monster Village in Sol Terrano Desert. She dislikes humans and has a sweet tooth. Her pet fireball, Will, is always by her side.—-
- Big Eater: Not Kuruna, but Will. He's able to eat about 100 turnips a day. Micah notes that Colette might have some competition.
- Childhood Friends: With Ondorus.
- Cute Monster Girl: The horned people are a unicorn like race, which mostly manifests as them being Horned Humanoids.
- Facial Markings: Has very light ones on her jawline. They're the fantasy equivalent of sunscreen.
- Fantastic Racism: Even more so than Wells; after everyone has accepted Micah's half-human state, she initially refuses to say a word to him other than calling him a traitor.
- Hulk Speak: Will speaks like this and in all caps.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: If Micah already married when he accepts her request for a date, he will be visibly uncomfortable and finally says that she's just a friend. She then, with her head held high, says that he should take care of his wife. She even chastises Micah if he picks the "soulmate" option. Very visible the difference between other bachelorettes, who seem to disregarded that Micah already has wife, and even children.
- Informed Ability: She supposedly enjoys sewing but if you give her cloth, she'll call it junk.
- Older Than They Look: Still looks like a young woman despite being older than Wells.
- Pointy Ears: Another trait of the univir.
- Rapunzel Hair: Her hair goes past her waist, and would probably go lower if it didn't curl at the end.
- Really 700 Years Old: During the Unity Festival, talk to Wells while she's following Micah, she'll mention that she's even older than him.
- Sweet Tooth: Her favorite gifts are dessert items, specifically chocolate ones. She'll even give Micah cake and cookies for lunch if you marry her.
- Superior Species: Directly states this.
- Who Wants to Live Forever?: The long lives of her species means that she has lost many friends.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Grade A.
The town mayor and Shara's grandfather. He dislikes monsters and thinks them all bloodthirsty creatures, even the cute ones.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: They almost cover his eyes.
- Doting Grandparent: He spoils Monica, despite Shara instructing him not to.
- Goal in Life: He's always wanted to make the Sharance Tree bloom again. It's the reason why he studied botany and passed on his craft to Shara and Monica.
- Needlework Is for Old People: He initially dislikes this trope, but is revealed to actually be very good at it when he knits Monica a hat.
- Nice Hat: Wears a bulky hat on his head.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: He appears to be the same height as Monica because he's hunched over.
Shara's little sister. She gets angry and upset around strangers.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: But she gets better eventually.
- Character Development: She starts off hostile towards Micah until a certain request pops up from Shara. She'll request that Micah act as a prince from Monica's favorite fairy tale and do whatever she wants for a day. Once the request is completed, she becomes much friendlier.
- Curtains Match The Windows: Has orange eyes and hair.
- Fiery Redhead: She's violent towards strangers and bites them.
- Foolish Sibling, Responsible Sibling: Subverted. Monica thinks she's more mature than Shara, when the latter is actually just playing along.
- Hair Decorations: She wears a flower clip on the left.
- Not Good with People: Has a tendency to yell "Gaaaaaauuuu"note whenever Micah speaks to her or even comes close. And she tends to bite strangers (read: Micah).
- Parental Abandonment: Her parents are never mentioned and she lives only with her older sister and grandfather.
- Precocious Crush: On Micah, once she warms up to him.
Gaius (JP: Gadzhi)
The town blacksmith. Ostensibly a dwarf, although he looks more like an elf. Generally a friendly guy all around and nonplussed by anything.
- Cannot Talk to Women: He gets really flustered around Evelyn.
- Doing It for the Art: Sort of. He forges weapons because he enjoys it, not for the money. He even mentions that without Raven running the store he'd go bankrupt.
- Eye Scream: Implied. He alludes to a mining accident that he lost his right eye in.
- Forgets to Eat: Or sleep, or do anything else when he's working.
- In one quest, Raven admits she makes sure they "run out" of ore when it's time for him to take a break.
- The Gadfly: Unlike Carlos, who seems to not realize the gay impications of his dialogue, Gaius will cheerfully suggest that there may be something between him and Micah just for Micah's reaction. In one case he'll even claim that the only reason he wouldn't propose to Micah is that he's already married.
- Hopeless Suitor: Has a crush on Evelyn but she only thinks of him as nothing more than a friend.
- After Micah gets married, she offers to wear the engagement ring Gaius made for her and walk around with him, which implies that there's hope.
- The Illegible: He keeps a diary, but Micah won't be able to make out a word of it. If Gaius is there when he tries to read it, he'll admit that he can't either.
- Older Than They Look: He looks around the same age as the other guys in town, but he also plays a fatherly role to Raven.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Utterly averted: he's a bishie-looking pointy-eared blunette with an eternally friendly demeanor.
- Parental Substitute: For Raven, though he doesn't directly show it.
Karina's mother. She runs the town general store and is often upset with her daughter's laziness.
- An Axe to Grind: She fights with an axe if you take her to a dungeon.
- Anger Born of Worry: She's tough on Karina, but admits that she sometimes doesn't sleep at night because she worries about her daughter and the future of the store.
- Commonality Connection: She and Shino became friends upon realizing that they were both single mothers.
- Struggling Single Mother: According to Shino, she likes to present herself as composed when she actually isn't.
- Sweet Tooth: Loves cake.
- Tsundere: Type B. She doesn't like letting it show how much she actually cares about Karina, although she does refer to her as her "stupid" daughter.
- Workaholic: She runs the general store and often has to step in whenever Karina slacks off. This trait is also why Karina became so lazy in the first place.
Carmen's big brother. May be considered a jock. He's highly protective of Carmen and runs the fishing resort with her by the lake.
- Ambiguously Bi: A lot of his dialogue can be interpreted as flirting with Micah, and he doesn't really seem to have any interest in girls besides Carmen. He mentions that he can't be tied down to just one girl, and he liked the "girly" cologne. But whenever it seems like he is interested in one of the girls, he immediately turns around and subverts it.
- Facial Markings: Has a red sunscreen mark on his cheek, as well as his arms.
- Family Theme Naming: In the English version, both Carlos and Carmen's names start with "car".
- Incest Subtext: He's rather... attached to his sister. Their introduction scene has them going totally melodramatic about her going out to go fishing, complete with "My dear brother/my beloved sister"s, and both talk about having trouble finding a boy/girlfriend as good as their sibling.
- Mr. Fanservice: He spends all his time in a frayed tanktop that barely covers his tanned and tattooed muscles.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Simply attempting to go foraging for materials with Carmen causes Carlos to fly into an insurmountable rage.
- Nice Guy: He regards Micah as a "bro", as long as he doesn't date his sister.
- Parental Abandonment: According to Carmen, he was the one that raised her.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: He has green hair.
Shino (JP: Shinonome)
Sakuya's mother and Pia's guardian. She runs the local eastern-themed inn, where passing travellers stay. She drops hints about her mysterious past...
- Commonality Connection: Became friends with Hazel because she's also a single mother.
- Cuteness Proximity: She loves cute things; dolls, kittens, but especially woolies. In Sakuya's last requests, Shino suddenly becomes cold toward both Micah and Sakuya in their attempt to make the inn's patrons accept the monsters, which turns out she's actually holding back the urge to glomp Micah right there.
- Mama Bear: Pia may not be her daughter, but Shino still does not take it well when Pia tells her Micah showed her his "thing".
- My Beloved Smother: After Pia tells her about how Micah showed her his "thing," she offhandedly mentions to him about her sharp, sharp swords. She ends up giving Micah a sword as a gift, but he can't help but be afraid.
- Mysterious Past: Multiple hints are dropped by her daughter and even herself that she used to do dangerous work in a previous job. She also knows an awful lot about weapons and training, and has a habit of trying to train any great fighter she lays eyes on.
- Stacy's Mom: Sadly, she isn't a marriage candidate. Neither is Hazel. Marjorie even lampshades this by asking which one of the two would be Micah's type.Shino: Micah?
Shino: You're pretty cute now that I've gotten a good look at you.
- Tomboy with a Girly Streak: She thinks the teddy bears that Evelyn sells are cute, but refuses to buy them because she doesn't want people to think she's girly.
- Troll: According to the Rune Factory Official Memoir book, she's actually joking about the "dangerous work" that she used to do. She was just a travelling merchant who also enjoyed fighting.
Blaise (JP: Gluten)
Collette and Rusk's father. He's the proprietor of the local restaurant and sells Micah recipe bread.
- Family Theme Naming: His name in Japan fits into the family's theme of being named after foods connected to desserts.
- Nice Guy: One of the nicest villagers. Just don't give him wine.
- Nice Hat: As befitting a chef.
- Supreme Chef: He is the primary chef for the entire village. Even Sherman greatly approves of his cooking and asks for more when eating at the diner.
- Noodle Incident: Marjorie, Wells and Daria will mention an incident where he had too much wine at a festival, and that's all that any of them will say on the subject. Marjorie and Wells will simply ask Micah to talk to Blaise about it and Daria begs him to stop asking her to go on. Obviously, he doesn't like being given wine.
- Sweet Tooth: Like his son, he also really likes desserts (especially chocolate).
Blaise's son and Colette's younger brother. He works at the family restaurant as a pastry chef and strongly dislikes vegetables.
- Gameplay and Story Integration: His picky and hesistant personality also affects his ability in battle, as he won't run up and attack monsters as frequently as the other villagers do.
- Hair of Gold
- Nice Hat: Just like his dad!
- Sweet Tooth: In fact, he bonds quickly with Kuruna because of their mutual love for sweets.
- Odd Name Out: Inverted: he's the only member of the family who kept his Japanese name in the English version, and thus the only one still named after a dessert-related topic.
- Picky Eater: Won't touch anything that has vegetable in it. As his Relationship Values rises, Micah can convince him to try vegetable by pointing out random fact that he seems to pull out of nowhere. Not that change his gift preference.
Marian's grandmother. She runs the town apothecary that sells staves, magic books, and medicine. Unlike her granddaughter, she uses magic to cure people instead of medicine.
- Black Bead Eyes
- Blush Sticker
- Girlish Pigtails: Still wears her hair like this.
- Miniature Senior Citizens: She is half the size of the main character.
- Never My Fault: Despite being the cause of Marian's hatred of tomatoes, she never owned up to it because she never wanted Marian to stop viewing her as the "greatest witch ever".
- Nice Hat: Wears a dapper witch hat.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Marian loved tomatoes as a child, so she gave her a medicine that would enhance her senses towards them. It worked too well and now Marian gets nauseous if she so much as smells a tomato.
- Racist Grandma: Averted; she admits to Kuruna that she used to hate the Univir, but once she gets to meet them, she has no prejudices.
- Spot of Tea: Her favorite gifts are Relax Tealeaves and Relax Tea, because they help her sleep at night.
Sherman de Sainte-Coquille (JP: Donchachos Harapenyo Viviaaju)
The patriarch of the local branch of the De Saint-Coquille family. Like his relatives in other parts, is a Big Eater. Unlike his relatives, he has a tendency to say the opposite of what he means.
- Big Eater: Although Evelyn has put him on a diet.
- Consummate Liar: Unlike Sofia, he has no reason for his opposite speak other than he found it hilarious that people believe the lie.
- Gonk: As usual for the De Saint-Coquille families.
- Uncle Pennybags
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: His hair is green.
Evelyn de Sainte-Coquille (JP: Elisa Harapenyo Viviaaju)
Sherman's daughter and Sofia's elder sister. She traveled the world and gained many ideas on fashion, some of which are a bit odd. She sells clothing and furniture on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Bare Your Midriff
- Curtains Match The Windows
- Cute Kitten
- Everything's Better with Monkeys: Her accessory also acts as a shield.
- The Fashionista: She loves fashion and makes her own designs.
- Mad Artist: She makes fashions out of vegetables and fish, and apparently doesn't know what to do with Wooly wool. People talk about giving her fish on her birthday for this purpose. While she's a bit more normal than her family, she's still really weird.
- Nice Hat
- Oblivious to Love: When Gaius gives her an engagement ring, she thinks he wants her to make an outfit from it.
- Though, after failing to find suitable material, she decides to be the outfit, declaring she'll wear it at all times and stay near Gaius... so maybe she's not so oblivious?
- Spoiled Sweet: She's one of the nicest charaters in the game.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Violet hair.
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter
Desert Settlement Residents
Ondorus (JP: Ondolfa)
One of the horned people. A powerful magician, he seeks Micah's help in bringing together the people of Sharance and the Monster Settlement.
- Bookworm: There really isn't a lot to do in the desert apart from reading books.
- Chekhov's Gunman: His expertise doesn't come into play until the final dungeon.
- Childhood Friends: With Kuruna.
- Curtains Match the Window
- Facial Markings: Wears green symbols on his cheeks and forehead to protect him from the sun.
- Informed Ability: He's supposedly a powerful magician but unfortunately, he can't be taken into dungeons.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy
- Megane: Wears glasses, but points out that this isn't a Univir trait. It's just a coincidence that he and Kuruna wear them.
- Non-Action Guy: Can't accompany Micah into dungeons.
- Older Than They Look: Just as old as Kuruna.
- Pointy Ears: A univir trait. He theorizes that univir and elves have a common ancestor because of it.
- Really 700 Years Old: He's only a year younger than Kuruna in Univir years, which is 20 human years.
- Rule of Cool: The cape doesn't actually protect him from the desert heat, he just wears it because his favorite hero from a childhood story wore one.
- The Smart Guy: His passion for reading made him very knowledgeable.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
Zaid (JP: Zeze)
A resident of the Monster Settlement. He's a young dwarf with cat-like eyes and markings who also enjoys fighting.
- Fantastic Racism: He initially does not like humans after humans destroyed his clan's settlement.
- Gray Eyes: His silver eyes are his pride and joy because the people of his clan were well known for having silver eyes.
- Hopeless Suitor: He has a crush on Kuruna, but she only views him as a comrade.
- I Call It "Vera": He names his sword "Mr. Slicer."
- Leeroy Jenkins: Local equivalent. His AI only has this type of mode, making him really easy to faint. And Micah basically has an Escort Mission with him required by the story early on.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Averted AND Lampshaded by him.
- Rugged Scar: Has one on his cheek.
- Small Name, Big Ego: He looooves to brag about his muscles and silver eyes.
- Why Did It Have To Be Bugs?: He can fight insect monsters like the Hercules Beetle and Killer Ant just fine, but normal insects? He runs.