Character subpage for the Universe 4 characters.
Universe 4 (第4宇宙, Dai yon Uchū) / The Conspiracy Universe (陰謀の宇宙, Inbō no Uchū)
The fourth Universe is known as the Conspiracy Universe. They form a twin Universe with Universe 9, which happens to be the worst of the 12 universes. They are overseen by the God of Destruction Quitella, the Supreme Kai Kuru, and the Angel Cognac.
They ranked 9th among the universes with the highest mortal level, being ahead of Universe 6, 7, and 9.
- Adaptational Wimp: Other than Gamisaras and possibly Damon, everyone here performed significantly worse in the manga than in the anime. Three were eliminated off panel, Nink (who gave Goku a little trouble in the anime) was easily eliminated by Vegeta, Darkori was eliminated when Kale (not even powered up mind you) knocked her out, and the remaining three got offed by Berserker Kale.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Almost everyone is either green or blue skinned. Even though Gamisaras is invisible, by the time he starting attacking, the arena's sky is already greenish, technically making him a green fighter.
- Cessation of Existence: An episode after Universe 2 and 6 get erased, U4 is eliminated as well.
- Combat Pragmatist: Both the God of Destruction and some of the fighters have no problem in using strategies that could be considered low or even trickery to obtain victory over the other universes. There is a reason why it's known as "The Conspiracy Universe". This is also represented by their crest, a snake wrapped around a dagger.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Ganos, Majora and Damon appear in the "Limit Breaker X Survivor" opening, but at the same time, appear slightly different than their final designs. For one, Ganos has a normal human skin tone and a blue beret, and Majora appeared with his eyes open, despite being blind.
- Edible Theme Naming: All of their fighters are named after herbs and spices. As an interesting note, their names are more complex that their Universe 9 counterparts despite sharing Theme Naming, just to show how Universe 4 is more developed.
- Epic Fail: Quitela spent most of the tournament being extremely confident about his fighters, even after 7 of them were eliminated pretty early. However, when it finally comes time for Damon and Gamisaras to make their move, the best they can manage is to eliminate Katopesla and, during a moment of distraction, Piccolo. In the end, their overall performance in the Tournament was arguably just as bad as their Foil, Universe 9, the only real difference is that they lasted longer due to Damon and Gamisaras hiding for so long.
- In the manga, Gamisaras and Damon attack much much earlier, but Gamisaras in particular puts a huge dent in Universe 10, 2, and 7's numbers, so they somewhat performed better there.
- Face Death with Dignity: Everyone except for Quitela just accepts their fate similar to Universe 10's erasure. Quitela, on the other hand...
- Foil: To their twin, Universe 9.
- Universe 9 is known to be the absolute worst handled universe out of all twelve, and its human-looking God of Destruction is shown to be indecisive, but still something of a Nice Guy. Universe 4, however, is shown to be somewhat better handled (being the fourth worst), but has a dirty (literal) rat for a God of Destruction.
- The residents also show some difference. The residents of Universe 9 are shown to be mostly wild looking anthropomorfic animals who wear very little clothing, while Universe 4 has a more varied cast of fighters who wear more proper uniforms. Both universe also share the same origin of names, but Universe 9 are lazily put, while Universe 4 is more creative with them. Universe 4 fighters are also shown to be Combat Pragmatists but Weak, but Skilled, while Universe 9 was more into raw strenght, with its strongest fighters being able to give some challenge to Universe 7 top fighters.
- Universe 9 Supreme Kai is a known prideful jackass who likes to boast about his universe non-existant superiority, while U4 Supreme Kai is shown to be more subtle about it.
- Lastly, while Universe 9 had the entire team expect for the God of Destruction (and The Trio de Dangers, who were unconscious at the time) to freak out while erased, Universe 4 had everyone but the God of Destruction to face their deaths solemnly.
- After Android 17's wish to bring back the universes that were erased, their teams are also the only ones with not anybody smiling (other than Shantza/Cawey and Sorrel). Universe 4's though looks a bit more peaceful, while Universe 9 looks like a rotting hellhole.
- The Friend Nobody Likes:
- You know how after each universe was erased, everyone had an emotional response to it? Even the hellhole Universe 9 got a dark reaction. Gohan was affected by Universe 10's (And the audience clearly saw the erasure of Gowasu and Cus reaction to it), Android 17 and 18 commended Universe 2, considering them "quite cool" despite their misgivings, and Vegeta took Universe 6's erasure very personally. Nobody felt bad after Universe 4 was erased (Universe 7 members looked surprised, but that seemed to be mostly because of Quitela's tantrum). In fact, after they got erased, the Grand Priest just casually announces Universe 4's erasure (compared to the dark tone he gave for the previous four) and the narration for the following episode immediately started, rather than giving a beat to simmer it in. Not even a reaction from the Universe's angel Cognic.
- Likewise, none of the fighters ever show some kind of admiration or respect to Universe 7 fighters, not even in a negative way. Universe 9, despite being jerks, geniunely thought Goku was a villain; Bergamo, Obuni and Jimizu found Gohan to be a Worthy Opponent, Brianne de Chateau found some sort of admiration to Android 18's kind of love, and Universe 6 had a pretty clear bond with its counterpart. Universe 4? Petty jerks note and bullies with no sort of likeable traits.
- Damon's Last Stand was also treated less of an epic climax compared with the other universes' last fighters. It had a cheerful remix of Limit Break X Survivor, and once Android 17 discovered the secret of his ability (that he's as small as an ant) he simply trapped him in an energy sphere and kicked him out of the ring like a football.
- Fusion Dance: Defied Trope. Despite the Zenos allowing the use of Potara after Kefla was born, Quitela didn't feel it was needed. The reason being that a fusion would not have closed the power-gap. Universe 4 is immensely weak and Quitela banked on his team winning through dirty tricks, rather than strength. It certainly didn't help that their strongest physical fighters in Ganos, Monna, Majora and Nink were already ringed out by the time the Potara were allowed.
- Humiliation Conga: Roshi (the weakest, albeit most experienced and unorthodox member of Universe 7) takes down three of their members in episode 105.
- Victory by Endurance: Not actual victory, but as of the end of episode 118, they are one of the 4 universes who are still in the tournament. They mostly accomplished this by keeping their heads down. The episode they decide to take on Universe 7 (episode 119), they get erased.
- Weak, but Skilled: The absolute weakest team in the tournament. None of their fighters are particularly strong (with the possible exception of Monnanote , Ganosnote , and Majora note ) during the Tournament of Power, but they are cunning enough to work through their weakness, or behind doors by having hidden fighters or trying to sabotage other universes before the Tournament starts by sending spies. It's telling that Roshi, the weakest member of Universe 7 team, took out three of them by himself in succession, albeit it with great effort by the third. Even the Last Stand was only able to take out a fighter due to trickery.
Quitela (キテラ, Kitera)
Quitela is the God of Destruction of Universe 4. A vain God with statues of himself, who is also antagonistic to Beerus.
He was designed by Akira Toriyama.
- Adaptational Jerkass: His anime version is a cheater who concocts an elaborate assassination plan to screw over Universes 7 and 9. His manga version doesn't.
- Apple of Discord: He tells Sidra that Universe 7 plans to take out Universe 9 first, then convinces him to have Frieza assassinated before Universe 7 can compete.
- Asshole Victim:
- His future version. If there was any God killed by Goku Black who would have gotten no pity for being a Jerkass God, it was him.
- Counts for his present version too, he gets erased after his universe is eliminated and deservedly so easily when he threatens to murder everyone else in the Tournament beforehand.
- Big Bad Wannabe: He thinks of himself as the one biggest threat to Universe 7 but hardly any one of them put a dent on their members aside from Piccolo and all of them ended up getting knocked out by Universe 7 (Or 6 in one case).
- Combat Pragmatist: Sends a spy to scout Universe 7 and convinces Sidra to assassinate Frieza under the pretense that Universe 7 plans to eliminate his universe first. It lets him eliminate a rival or two without having to risk anything on his part.
- Dirty Coward: When the last of his fighters is eliminated, he's terrified of getting erased.
- Edible Theme Naming: Like the other Gods, his name is an anagram on an alcoholic drink: Tequila.
- Famous Last Words: "No! I don't want to be erased! I-I-I... won't allow it! Why do I have to be erased?! I won't accept this! In that case, I'll take you out with m..." His final words before the Zenos erase him and his team.
- Hate Sink: For the Universe Survival Arc. The Zenos have Blue and Orange Morality, the Grand Priest is similarly morally ambiguous, Frieza is fighting alongside the heroes, and most of the fighters are just trying to save their universes. Along with Frost, he serves the purpose of giving the audience someone to root against. Out of the twelve Gods of Destruction, he is the one presented at the most unlikeable. Him manipulating Sidra to attack Universe 7, showing joy at Universe 9 and 10's erasures, and his constant boasts to Beerus will make you want to root for anyone in the Tournament against his universe.
- Foil: To Champa. Both are lazy Gods of Destruction who are openly hostile to Beerus, but Champa's relationship with Beerus is of a Sibling Rivalry, and the two clearly care about the other deep down. Quitela, however, has none of Champa's likeable traits and is willing to downright send Universe 9 to try to stop Universe 7 from entering the Tournament so both of them can be possibly erased at the same time.
- Hypocrite: He is enraged that Roshi cheats by using a bottle as a weapon, but this coming from the guy who spied on Universe 7 and manipulated Universe 9 to take down 7 first and indirectly caused the former's erasure.
- It's All About Me: He throws a temper tantrum when it's time for him to get erased, even though he took joy in the erases of Universes 9 and 10.
- Jerkass Gods: While most of the gods of Destruction are this to varying extents, Quitela takes the cake. He tricks Sidra into attacking Universe 7, attempting to get both Universe 9 and Universe 7 disqualified before the tournament, constantly boasts to Beerus, smirks when Universe 9 is erased, laughs when Universe 10 follows suit, and claims that he'll murder everyone left in the tournament as a Taking You with Me.
- Laser-Guided Karma:
- Conspired to get Universe 7 disqualified before the tournament could begin. With the exception of Monna, all of his fighters were beaten by Universe 7.
- Is absolutely ecstatic about Universes 9 and 10 getting erased, but the moment he gets erased, he freaks out like a child.
- Manipulative Bastard: His idea to take down Universe 7 before the tournament even begins is to tell Sidra that Universe 7 is planning to take down Universe 9 first and frame his words so that Sidra is the only one that lifts a hand to deal with Frieza. This way Universe 4 won't get erased if Zeno were to get wind of his actions. While the plan ultimately falls through, Universe 9 guns for Universe 7 at the start of the tournament, likely motivated by Quitela's lie; they are quickly beaten and their universe erased from existence. This makes Quitela indirectly responsible for the erasure of an entire universe.
- Nice Mice: Averted, Quitela is a mouse who is a manipulative liar with zero good qualities.
- Noblewoman's Laugh: Does a "Kekeke" laugh whenever he speaks.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Fear, universe 4! For the destroyer of worlds, the entity you should all fear and respect... is a yellow mouse!
- Pragmatic Villainy: Quitela points out that attempting to cheat at the Tournament of Power would be ill advised because of what Zeno would do if he finds out. He's not above looking for loopholes to improve his odds for the tournament, such as spying on the other universes or pitting them against each other, but he recognizes that blatantly cheating is a bad idea.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Is antagonistic over Beerus for some grudge. The manga implies that the reason is that Beerus lost an arm wrestling match to Quitela. During most of the Tournament, he is always mocking Beerus, or arrogantly telling him how he is going to lose. What is the grudge? Beerus: I'm not good with that guy.
- Smug Smiler: He is almost always with an arrogant smile.
- Smug Snake: He thinks that his fighters would be enough to take down Beerus and Universe 7 and even thinks that his two hidden fighters could help him win the tournament for him. Unfortunately, every single one of them ended up going down rather quickly with only two knockouts at best and once every one of his fighters ended up getting eliminated, he ended up pathetically screaming for his life.
- The Sociopath: After Universe 9's erasure, almost every God is seen with an anxious or horrified expression. Except for Quitela, who is seen with an eager smile, and whose very lies are likely the reason the Universe was erased so quickly in the first place. While most Gods have sociopathic tendencies as part of their job, he seems to be the most overt about it. When Universe 10 gets erased, he does an even worse smirk, and even laughs as that other universe is erased.
- Sore Loser: The only god of destruction who doesn't take his erasure well. He throws a childish tantrum worse than Ro's and even threatens everyone else beforehand.
- Taking You with Me: He has a Freak Out when his team loses and whines he doesnt want to be erased, and shouts that hell destroy everyone first so theyll be erased first. Subverted as he doesnt get to carry out his threat and is simply erased along with the rest of his universe by the Zenos.
- Token Evil Teammate: To the Gods of Destruction. While the Gods of Destruction aren't exactly great people, Champa and Rumsshi especially, Quitela seems to be the only one who is truly evil. He tried to trick Sidra into getting his own universe and Universe 7 both disqualified from the tournament before it began, ensuring that they would both be erased without even having a chance to save themselves. Quitela is also the only God of Destruction who is shown too be happy about the erasures of universes 9 and 10. When it comes time for him to be erased, he tries to murder everyone left in the tournament out of spite.
- Undignified Death: Unlike other Gods of Destruction who Face Death with Dignity and similar to Ro, Quitela throws a fit and has a temper tantrum after he loses before his erasure. It's similar to Champa's fit back at the tournament saga...
- Villainous Breakdown: His smug and calm attitude goes out the window when he loses the Tournament of Power and freaks out about being erased. He actually shouts that he'll erase everyone else first so he won't go down alone, but is erased before he can do anything to show if he meant it. He's the only one of his universe freaking out when they are erased.
Cognic (コニック, Konikku)
- Anime Hair: The amount of heavenly gel for his hair must be astounding!
- Edible Theme Naming: Like with all the angels, his name is taken from an alcoholic drink, cognac.
- Minor Major Character: Unlike the rest of the angels, who admittedly had a small role during the Universal Survival arc, he doesn't have any screentime that let us see his any hint of personality. He doesn't even react to his universe erasure, so details about his relationship with Quitela is pretty much a mystery.
- Sole Survivor: Of Universe 4.
The Supreme Kai of Universe 4. Haughty, his pride as a god is extraordinarily high.
- Bishōnen: Has pretty feminines features, to the point you could mistake him for a woman.
- Delinquent Hair: Sports a mohawk but subverted as he is far from a delinquent.
- Everyone Has Standards: Despite being haughty and prideful, he's still against Quitela's questionable methods of spying on other universes along with sabotaging Universe 7.
- Minor Major Character: The God of Creation of his Universe, and he gets very little screentime or much to say compared to Quitela, or even the other Kaioshin. We don't even get to see his reaction to being erased by Zeno, unlike every other deleted Kaioshin thus far (and after with Ea).
- Only Sane Man: During the meeting of the Supreme Kais (minus Shin), he's the only one with concern that if convincing Zeno didn't turn out well, that he'd erase them.
- Orange/Blue Contrast: Orange skin with a mostly blue garb.
- Pride: Is described as a really prideful god.
Team Universe 4
Ganos (ガノス, Ganosu)
A warrior for Universe 4 that participates in the Tournament of Power. He spies on Universe 7 and overhears Goku's plan to revive Frieza, leading him to tell Quitela about the news. He's also slightly worried that Frieza could be a formidable threat. Can transform into a large muscular avian form that gradually becomes stronger. Considered a key player in the Tournament of Power.
- The Ace: Ganos is considered the team leader of Universe 4, and quite a powerful fighter on his right, despite his lack of muscles. However, he is vastly Overshadowed by Awesome to the likes of other team leaders (Sans Murichim, of course) in the Tournament of Power. Is quite telling that out of every fighter from the Team, Quitela was shocked to see him lose more so than any other fighter.Quitela: Oh, COME ON, Ganos! Not you, too!
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has green skin.
- Ascended Extra: Ganos became Promoted to Playable in Dragon Ball Heroes, being the first fighter from Universe 4 to do so.
- Berserk Button: Knocking out his friends puts Roshi immediately on Ganos's shit-list.
- Bird People: Has talons for feet. His One-Winged Angel form makes him go full bird.
- Calling Your Attacks: Grand Eagle!
- Combat Pragmatist: Averted for a Team Universe 4 as he doesn't seem to use any gimmicks or dirty tricks to take on his foes, even transforming when he's at a breaking point. However, he is sent as a scout by Quitela to spy on other universes.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The first half of his fight against Roshi is this in Roshi's favor, despite Ganos being much stronger and faster. As the fight drags on, Ganos manages to deliver a massive beatdown to Roshi as well, but still loses when he underestimates Roshi's determination to win.
- Deliberate Injury Gambit: He shocks himself to break out of Roshi's hypnosis technique.
- The Dragon: For Quitela, by all indications, being the apparent most powerful of his universe's fighters (with the possible exception to Monna) and the one who spies on Universe 7 before the tournament begins on his behalf. Quitela reacts with shock after he loses, more so than any other of his fighters.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appears briefly in the Limit Break x Survivor before his appearance on the show. Curiously, he appears with a blue beret and a different colored skin tone.
- Foil: With Roshi. Ganos and Roshi don't really have that many things in common when it comes to personalities, but when it comes to fighting styles, Ganos is a pretty good foil. Like Roshi, he is a fighter without muscle definition but still considered a threat, and both can transform into bulkier versions of themselves. However, Ganos is young and with a predictable fighting style, while Roshi is old and full of experience.
- Funny Background Event: During Ribrianne "Light of Love" attack in all of the arena, he can be seen being harmed by the attack, while also blushing due to the magical girls attractive aura.
- Gathering Steam: Ganos, while transformed, grows in power with every second that passes. This is what convinces Master Roshi that he needs to take him out now, as many of the other universe 7 fighters will let him grow more and more powerful to get a better fight.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: His Deliberate Injury Gambit saves him from Roshi's hypnosis, but it significantly wounds him and allows Roshi to finish the match with a Kamehameha.
- Humanoid Alien: Almost looks human besides his ears, skin color, and legs. This doesn't hold true to his super mode, where he goes full anthropomorphic bird.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's more than willing to beat up and insult an old man, but he only does so after said old man knocks out two of his friends.
- Kick the Dog: While he is fighting to save his universe, it was cruel and unnecessary for him to tell Roshi that he's too old to fight now and is a has been who should retire.Ganos: I'm sure you were an impressive martial artist once old man, but your days are long over.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: He attacks Goku at the start of the tournament, but when Goku easily holds him off and deflects several of his blasts in just his base form Ganos quickly realizes he's out of his league and retreats.
- Laser Blade: Can create a pair of blades, which he calls The Grand Adora.
- Muscles Are Meaningless: A pretty slender fighter, but like Cabba, can take many hits from powerhouses like Goku. Averted with his transformation, where he gets really buff.
- Nice Hat: A pretty good looking red beret. in the Opening, "Limit Breaker X Survivor", it's blue for some reason.
- One-Winged Angel: His powered up form is a giant, muscular, birdlike humanoid which gains power every moment it passes.
- Pointy Ears: Has pointy ears, though sometimes by they tend to appear as normal ears in some shots, including the "Far Away" ending.
- Right Under Their Noses: Spies on Universe 7 without being sighted. He's one of many spies sent by Quitela to scout out the other universes.
- Shock and Awe: His battle aura and attacks are charged with electricity. His final attack is to shoot lightning at Roshi in an attempt to stop his Kamehameha, without success.
- Small Role, Big Impact: Him spying on Universe 7 leads to a plot by the other Gods of Destruction to sabotage Universe 7, specifically Quitela and Sidra. It's not until Episode 105 where he plays a role, and even then, he was able to give Master Roshi a good fight, but he wasn't able to win against him.
- Spiky Hair: Similar to the Saiyans, he has really spiky hair.
- Underestimating Badassery: He underestimated Roshi and it lead to an elimination via Kamehameha.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Ganos does have basic martial arts ability, but his moves are easily read by Master Roshi, who proceeds to kick his ass despite Ganos being stronger. Ganos only gains the advantage when his increasing strength makes the gap wide enough that Roshi can't keep up, despite his superior skill. Notably, Roshi observes that Ganos could be a match for Goku if Roshi lets Ganos improve his technique.
- Why Won't You Die?: Not "die" exactly, because killing is forbidden in the tournament, but he eventually gains the upper hand against Roshi and is shocked when the old man won't stay down.Ganos: Why won't he fall!?
- World's Strongest Man: By all indications the most powerful fighter in Universe 4, especially after his strength-gaining abilities start to pay off. Really, they were pretty much boned from the moment of his relatively early elimination.
- Would Harm a Senior: Had no problems with beating up Roshi.
A warrior with the power to grow her body to gigantic proportions from Universe 4. Don't let her cute look fool you, as she is quite the sadist.
- Adaptational Wimp: Almost all of the tropes here apply to her anime appearance only. In the manga, she's one of the first members to get taken out by an unknown fighter (although she was shown fighting against Botamo earlier).
- The Ace: The strongest member of her universe's team, but considering how weak it is...
- Action Girl: The strongest of her universe's fighters. Telling you something if she's able to endure such events like Kale's widespread Ki Blast and Jiren's powerful aura. Not so much in the manga.
- Ax-Crazy: Shes certainly got a particularly unhinged streak, given her bloodthirsty glee at the prospect of breaking Cabbas arms.
- Acrofatic: Very rotund yet still fast moving. A pre-episode summary has even described her as fast as well. She can even turn into a giant.
- Ass Kicks You: She used her massive lower body to ground pound Cabba with enough force to knock the Super Saiyan out of him.
- Asshole Victim: She taunts Cabba and his entire race during their fight, calling them all weak, so not many tears are shed for her when Cabba eliminates her and she is later erased with the rest of her universe. In the manga, we don't even get to see her asshole personality, as she's the second fighter eliminated without any explanation whatsoever.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: Possibly the third largest fighter (bigger than even Magetta) in the battle royale (other than Bergamo, who didn't use his gimmick in the Tournament of Power, Aniraza (a last resort fusion of Universe 3's remaining warriors), and Ribrianne, who's size makes Monna looks like an insect) once she grows significantly bigger.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: She might be one of the strongest fighters in her universe (with only Ganos really giving her competition) but she massively underestimates all her opponents. She believes all the Saiyans to be weaklings that she can handle easily, and when Vegeta, a Saiyan, easily beat her she says it was a lucky shot and he left because he was afraid of her. She also doesn't seem to realize Saiyans get more power the madder they get and eventually her taunting and insults anger Cabba enough to become a Super Saiyan 2.
- Beam Spam: One of the first attacks we see from her is a formidable looking beam attack in a montage of various fighters including Frost, Dyspo, and herself.
- Boisterous Weakling: Although considered one of the strongest fighters in Universe 4 (which is quite a feat), she's not really in the tier of stronger fighters like Vegeta, Goku, and Jiren. In fact, she brags on how she can take on all of Universe 6's Saiyans, and despite having the edge over Cabba first, her bragging about being superior to the Saiyans is what led to Cabba's transformation to Super Saiyan 2 that took her out.
- Combat Pragmatist: Averted for a Team Universe 4 fighter, as she doesn't seem to use any gimmicks or dirty tricks to take on her foes, only raw power. Similar to Ganos as well, she even transforms into a more powerful form after a breaking point.
- Edible Theme Naming: She's named after cinnamon.
- Fat Bitch: She's fat, and the below tropes show that she is not a nice person.
- Jerkass: She may not be a Combat Pragmatist like most of the other fighters in her universe, and doesn't really rely on trickery, but she's perhaps one of the rudest characters in the battle royale. She tells Cabba that he and his whole race are a bunch of weak cowards, and insults Vegeta while telling Cabba that she will eliminate him, Vegeta, Kale, and Caulifla while knowing of Cabba's master-student relationship with Vegeta and friendship with Kale and Caulifla, which shows that she is a gigantic asshole.
- Kick the Dog: She tells Cabba that he is a weakling and a coward, and extends this to all Saiyans, especially Vegeta, telling Cabba that she will eliminate not only him, but also Kale, Caulifla, and Vegeta. She says this knowing of Cabba's friendship with Caulifla and kale, and his master-student relationship with Vegeta.
- Lack of Empathy: She does not care for Cabba and Vegeta's master-student relationship at all, or the fact that they promised each other that they would restore all of the erased universes if either one of them wins. She vows that she will defeat Cabba, Caulifla, Kale, and Vegeta, stating that Saiyans are weak cowards. She was angered by their relationship due to the fact that Vegeta interfered in her fight with Cabba.
- Lightning Bruiser: Described as a highspeed tackler, and almost takes Cabba out in the Tournament of Power before getting saved by Vegeta.
- Make My Monster Grow: Can grow her lower body into gigantic proportions, using it as a bowling ball to crush her opponents.
- Nice Job Fixing It, Villain!: Her constant taunting of Cabba enables him to reach Super Saiyan 2 and defeat her. She also ends up weakening Cabba enough to where Frieza easily eliminates him, removing a dangerous potential fighter from the tournament.
- One Of These Is Not Like The Others: She is the only member of Universe 4 who wasn't eliminated by a fighter from Universe 7, instead being eliminated by Cabba from Universe 6. Although she was easily defeated by Vegeta previously, just not eliminated by him.
- Rolling Attack: Rolls around like a giant bowling ball crushing foes, such as Cabba.
- Sadist: She tells Cabba that she will break his arms, and she says this with a smile on her face.
- Smug Super: Challenges Cabba, Kale, and Caulifla to take her all at once in a three on one fight. While she can give a good fight (explaining how she managed to survive for half of the Tournament much more than her comrades), she wasn't a match for a Super Saiyan 2.
- Stout Strength: Like Ribrianne, she's also quite formidable despite being ball-like and rotund. She also almost took Cabba out until he turned into Super Saiyan 2 and turned the tables.
- Underestimating Badassery: When Cabba achieves Super Saiyan 2 against her, she mocks him and thinks all he did was change his hair color, only to be swiftly beaten.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Like Ganos, Monna is surprisingly powerful and was easily able to pressure a Super Saiyan Cabba without difficulty. However her only attacks are to inflate her lower body and use that to roll around or crush her opponents. Once Cabba goes Super Saiyan 2, he easily overpowers her.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Her manga version has her getting taken out relatively early on, with no demonstration of skill whatsoever. She was briefly shown fighting against Botamo though.
- World's Strongest Woman: Is this for Universe 4, having managed to overpower Super Saiyan Cabba through raw power alone whereas her teammates Cawey and Darkori struggled with their gimmicks to take on Master Roshi, explicitly the weakest if also the most experienced member of Universe 7. A Super Saiyan 2, on the other hand...
- In the manga, this is averted. She's the second fighter from her universe to get defeated, and there's literally no explanation whatsoever. She just gets eliminated the same time that Krillin, Dr. Rota, and two other Universe 3 fighters did.
A blind green fox from Universe 4. Not to be confused with a popular Zelda game.
- Disability Immunity: As he's blind, the Solar Flare has no effect on him whatsoever.
- Disability Superpower: Outside of his brief appearance in the Limit Break x Survivor intro, he is shown to be blind, and relies on his sense of smell to fight. This handicap prevents him from getting hit by the Solar Flare, but mess with his sense of smell, and he's completely nothing. He states he could see in the past.Majora: My eyes have long since lost their sight.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appears briefly in the Limit Break x Survivor before his appearance on the show. Curiously, he appears with his eyes open despite being blind.
- Handicapped Badass: He is implied to be of old age and blind, but he's still able to use his sense of smell to kick ass in the Tournament of Power otherwise, as shown when he was giving Krillin and Android 18 a hard time. If something strongly interferes with his sense of smell, like for instance, a stinky shoe, he's not gonna have a good time.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: He appears to be wearing a purple Cheongsam with long "funnel" sleeves that cover every part of his arms.
- Killed Offscreen: In the manga, he was taken out off screen, as shown in a score board.
- Noodle Incident: His "eyes have long since lost their sight", but it is never clarified how exactly this happened.
- Petting Zoo People: Is a humanoid canine creature, based on a fennec fox.
- Smug Super: One of his universe's strongest fighters, and the first thing we see of him is a smug smile. Once he appears, he quickly proves himself to be quite the smug pup. Sadly, he has one fatal weakness in his nose, and Krillin takes him out by launching his stinky shoe at him. He then cries with the losers, much to Quitela's annoyance.
- Weaksauce Weakness: Because of the fact he depends on his sense of smell to fight, things like stinky shoes will interfere with his sense of smell and cripple him tremendously.
An adorable little fellow who fights for Universe 4.
- Ambiguous Gender: Shantza's gender is actually never specified, as his chubby alien body doesn't outright communicate what gender he belongs to, only that he is a child-like creature. For the sake of convenience Note , we classify him as male in this article.
- Badass Adorable: He is a little chubby and cute blue fellow that talks like a baby. He may not be the strongest on the Tournament of Power, but he is among the strongest of his universe, which counts for something. He's not strong, but he can create illusions of erased fighters, which definitely says something.
- Combat Pragmatist: He uses his powers to create illusions of other fighters while Damon attacks unseen, making the other fighters think his illusions are solid.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He seems like a kind of Joke Character that would be easily offed, as shown when Biara throws him around. Additionally, he even has four vents that look like farts and he's relatively not there in the head. That being said, his flying is what makes it easy for him to survive for a long time (many flying fighters have been the first to go for their universes, like Jium, Lilibeu, and Vikal), and he can create illusions.
- Fartillery: He has four vents on his backside which can expel gas with enough force to let him fly for short periods. He uses this to avoid a ring-out in episode 105.
- Forgot About His Powers: When Piccolo blasts him, he doesn't use his Fartillery to avoid a ring-out, though Piccolo may have sent him flying with enough force that it wouldn't have worked.Quitela: Damn it, Shantza! Why didn't you dodge that?!Shantza: That's impossible, sowwie.
- Funny Background Event:
- Once Nink crushed the earth during the introduction of the team, he is seen shaking on the air for a few seconds without a reaction in his face.
- When Kale fires out a bunch of energy blasts, everyone proceeds to jump/fly to dodge them. How does he dodge them? He farts up in the air and floats.
- Killer Rabbit: Despite being cute and adorable, his illusion powers make him formidable in tandem with Damon.
- Master of Illusion: He's able to create a dome of energy that allows him to conjure any illusion he wants within. He uses this to create illusions of the eliminated fighters to attack Universe 7, while Damon hides among the illusions to give the impression they have substance.
- Squishy Wizard: His illusions are considerably troublesome, but when Piccolo locates him, it only takes one feeble blast to send him out of bounds.
- Weak, but Skilled: He has very little combat power on his own, being small and weak, as demonstrated when he is thrown around easily by a Universe 3 robot. However, he is very good at avoiding ring-outs thanks to his Fartillery ability being both versatile and harder to cripple than winged fighters. His apparent weakness also makes him a low priority target, allowing him to hide out until his powers can be useful. When he has a chance to use his illusion powers, he and Damon make a formidable team.
Cawey (キャウェイ, Kyauei)
A warrior with the power to create energy weapons from Universe 4.
- Action Girl: One of her universe fighters who so happens to be female.
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Has green skin like Ganos.
- Butt-Monkey: Defeated by one of the weakest fighters in the tournament in a manner even more humiliating than Roselle.
- Combat Pragmatist: Just like everyone else in Universe 4, she uses underhand tactics. Her deal is sex appeal to try and trick Master Roshi.
- Combat Stilettos: Wears blue, high heel shoes that do not slow her in the slightest, especially when she thinks Roshi is going to sexually assault her.
- Defeat by Modesty: She eliminates herself after going up against the Master Roshi who is both stronger and implicitly threatens (as an act) to sexually assault her.
- Expy: Of Ranfan, a human female from the original Dragon Ball series who also fought in a tournament and used sex appeal to her advantage.
- Hair Color Dissonance: Has pink hair, and is also the most feminine looking of her team.
- Hard Light: She can create weapons made of energy.
- Hoist by Their Own Petard: She tries to use her sexiness to distract Roshi. The result is Roshi lies that he may now sexually assault her and it terrifies her so much, she just decides to run out of the ring.
- Human Aliens: Other than her skin, she looks a lot like an earthling princess.
- Killed Offscreen: In the manga, she was taken out off screen, as shown in a score board.
- Overshadowed by Awesome: She is one of the most powerful mortals in Universe 4, but she was shown to be quite a bit weaker than Roshi even before he bulked up. Keep in mind that Roshi is the weakest member of Team Universe 7.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: Runs away like hell after her technique fails and Roshi bulks up.
- Show Some Leg: She uses sex appeal to distract male opponents, specifically trying to use this to trick Master Roshi. This works initially, but when she tries to spear him and he catches it, he transforms into his max state and talks about how his suppressed lust is making him stronger. Fearful that he'd sexually assault her in that state, she jumps out of the ring, in a knockout more pathetic than Roselle.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: She can create energy weapons such as spears and hammers. However, while it looks impressive, Roshi is able to easily catch one of her spears with two fingers and snap it, showing that her weapons would have been useless against pretty much everyone in the tournament.
- Weak, but Skilled: She is one of the weakest fighters in the tournament, as Roshi is much more powerful than her in his base form. That said, she has very impressive control of her ki, able to form weapons out of it such as boomerangs, spears, and giant mallets. Her spear is easily destroyed by Roshi, showing that her skill wouldn't have been enough to carry her through the tournament even if she hadn't eliminated herself.
A fighter for the Tournament of Power of an unknown wolf race.
- Badass Beard: Similar to Basil's, his fur on his chin looks like a beard.
- Bullet Hell: The only special attack we see from Shosa in the anime is a beam spam, and most of the individual blasts miss, but what few do hit would have still been enough to cause an elimination.
- Combat Pragmatist: Fakes his death to catch Android 18 off guard (since killing is not allowed in he tournament) and almost knocks her out until Krillin saves her.
- Enemy Mine: He cornered Gohan's group along two fighters from Universe 9 and Botamo from Universe 6 in the Tournament of Power.
- Petting Zoo People: A wolf man of green fur.
- Playing Possum: He "plays dead" to fool his foes into thinking that they were too rough on him.
Dercori (ダーコリ, Dākori)
A fighter from a planet with very little light, Dercori fights for Universe 4 during the Tournament of Power. Specializes in manipulating shadows of other fighters. Considered a key player in the Tournament of Power.
- Action Girl: One of her universe fighters, though she is a heavy Combat Pragmatist, using illusions to fight.
- Adaptational Wimp: Her manga counterpart fights Kale (to be fair, Kale's normal form is stronger and more agile in the manga) ... no, not the super or Berserk Kale ... normal Kale and gets taken out. She doesn't employ any of her illusion powers either.
- Casting a Shadow: Her illusions focus on shadows, either moving through them or manipulating the shadows of others.
- Combat Pragmatist: She is probably the best example of the team. She is one of the very few fighters that doesn´t employ brute force to fight, using her strange illusions to mess with opponents before capturing their shadows, crippling them. Because of that, she would have a massive advantage against the vast majority of fighters, who rely on raw strength. Unfortunately, her rival was Master Roshi, who is very good at taking down fighters who use unorthodox techniques.
- Enemy Mine: She cornered Gohan's group along two fighters from Universe 9 and Botamo from Universe 6 in the Tournament of Power.
- Fish People: She's a humanoid alien with fish-like features. Fittingly, she comes from a planet with very little light, like many submarine species in the planet exist without it.
- Hair Color Dissonance: She has aquamarine hair color.
- Hand-Hiding Sleeves: She is wearing a purple Cheongsam with long "funnel" sleeves that cover every part of her arms. Makes you wonder if she and Majora are acquaintances.
- Master of Illusion: Her deal is trickery through illusions.
- Paper Talisman: Her powers work through these, though they're made of her ki instead of paper.
- Weakened by the Light: She comes from a world with little light, so she's stronger in the darkness.
A big fighter from an orc-like species who participates in the Tournament of Power.
- Adaptational Wimp: For a guy who almost eliminated Goku during the first minute of the Tournament of Power, he's still Universe 4's first wipeout in the manga. However, he gets effortlessly knocked out by Vegeta alongside Katopesla.
- The Brute: The most physically imposing member of Universe 4.
- Combat Sadomasochist: After restraining Goku in a bear hug, Nink takes all of the Saiyan's struggling hits and wincing with a pleasureful blush. He has no problem with ringing himself out with Goku if it allows them both to "go to Other World". He seems to drop the act after failing to do so.Nink: I love "strong you" more than "weak you"! The more you fight, the more I love you!
- Didn't Think This Through: He comes up with a genius plan to eliminate Goku. To his credit, the first part sounds good, with Nink grabbing Goku and dragging the Saiyan to the edge of the area — however, Nink decides to fall out of the arena with Goku trapped in his bear hug. While self-sacrifices tend to be quite noble, it seemed like a needless strategy on Nink's part; since all competitors were barred from unnatural flight, upon arriving at the edge it would've been a far better idea for Nink to simply throw Goku out. By doing this Nink would have eliminated arguably the biggest threat very early in the competition and kept himself in play to fight on for the survival of his universe.
- Dumb Muscle: He speaks with a simpleton voice and speech pattern. Also, his Taking You with Me strategy is so shortsighted, Quitela instantly berates him with kicks and insults upon being benched.
- Graceful Loser: He didn't seem too bothered by the fact that Goku got the best of him. He also accepted his fate rather well when his universe eventually lost and was doomed to erasure.
- Our Orcs Are Different: Seemingly designed after orcs.
- Pet the Dog: He comforts a crying Majora after Majora gets eliminated.
- Punny Name: While his name is a play on the Japanese name for Garlic (Nin'niku), it also neatly sounds like the first syllable of the English word "nincompoop", which is fitting given he isn't very bright (see Dumb Muscle above).
- Suicide Attack: Nink grabs Goku and attempts to drop out of the arena with him, but Goku goes Super Saiyan Blue and breaks out of Nink's hold right as Nink jumps off with him. Goku is able to get back into the area while Nink pointlessly eliminates himself.Nink: [after appearing on the bench] That didn't go the way I saw it going.
[Quitela starts shouting insults at him while kicking his head]
- We Hardly Knew Ye: In the manga, he is taken down alongside Katopesla by Vegeta, much to his bad luck.
Gamisaras (ガミサラス, Gamisarasu)
An invisible chameleon-like fighter.
- Adaptational Badass: Despite not lasting long in the manga, he actually causes serious trouble in the Tournament of Power. His list of casualties include Android 18, the ENTIRE Maiden Squadron, Murichim, and Zircol. Still didn't stop him from getting taken out by Piccolo.
- Combat Pragmatist: He uses his invisibility to knock out Katopesla from Universe 3 and even gets close to knocking out Gohan, Vegeta, and Android 18.
- The Dreaded: Zigzagged. When the Grand Priest was doing a rundown on the remaining fighters in Episode 107, Beerus got freaked out, figuring the two hidden fighters would be extremely dangerous. However, when Gamisaras started attacking, he did knock out Universe 3's Katopesla and almost knocked out Vegeta, Gohan, and Android 18 from the ring. Nonetheless, shortly afterwards, any intimidating factor of Gamisaras quickly faded away, and he was swiftly knocked out before anything significant came out from him.
- Slightly averted in the manga. He wasn't really hyped up to be a force to be reckoned with in the manga, but since Katopesla was already taken out, Gamisaras ends up taking out Android 18, the Maiden Squadron, and a couple of Universe 10's fighters.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appears in supplementary material alongside Damon in a particular magazine. Interestingly enough, some supplementary material even had it omitted.
- Early Installment Weirdness: Early materials showed him to be a Palette Swap of Damon. When we actually get to "see" him, he has a radically different design, and we never get to see his coloration.
- Foreshadowing: In episode 110, when we see the group of aces that assemble to take on Jiren preceeded by a shot of their respective Gods of Destruction, Quitela's shot is followed by barren ground and the noise of a step, hinting that he and Damon were sneaking up on Jiren.
- Fragile Speedster: Like Damon, he's relatively fast and can deal a bunch of rapid attacks at once in both the anime and the manga, but once he's exposed, he gets thrown around like a ragdoll by Piccolo (in both versions).
- Invisibility: He is completely invisible and can hide his energy to avoid being sensed.
- Logical Weakness: Area attacks and rapid fire blasts used to flush him out seemed like a good idea, but he was agile enough to avoid them. Gohan came up with a similar idea, though the idea was to kick up enough dust to spoil his camouflage, which worked like a charm.
- Palette Swap: Averted, subverted, or defied, depending on how you look at it, as his initial design was not used in the series proper.
- Stealth Expert: His invisibility combined with his ability to mask his ki makes him excellent at sneak attacks. He knocks out Katopesla and nearly gets Vegeta and Gohan. In the manga, he catches Android 18 and the Maiden Squadron off guard during their match, taking all four of them out, and takes out a few of Universe 10's fighters, leaving Obni as the remaining one from the universe.
- Weak, but Skilled: Invisibility is his main gimmick, so he uses that to try to secure a few dirty knockouts and surprise attacks, but the poor guy can't endure an attack from Piccolo once he's been rendered visible by the dust coating him.
Damon (ダモン, Dahmon)
One of the warriors of the Tournament of Power. An empty cicada - the insect warrior.
- Adaptational Wimp: Although his role in the manga is identical to the anime, he was easier for Goku and Android 17 to deal with. Android 17 just dealt a nonlethal blast to him, while in the anime, he and Goku had to focus on a strategy to knock him out
- Badass Baritone: Has an awfully deep voice for a small insect, and is quite a formidable foe if he's able to attack and place a dent on fighters way significantly bigger than him.
- Combat Pragmatist: His small size makes him incredibly difficult to hit. Furthermore, because he's so small, it's a valid concern that too powerful an attack might outright kill him, disqualifying his opponent. He's also part of Shantsa's illusions trick to make it look like they're actually real.
- Confusion Fu: The plan was for him to attack after Gamisaras was eliminated, making them think that he was a second invisible fighter. He also teamed up with Shantza to cover for his attacks and make his illusions seem solid. Also letting his enemies sense his energy to confuse them when their attacks didn't connect. It was only 17 (who can't sense power levels) sussed him out by listening for him to figure out that he wasn't invisible, just tiny. Once they were on to him, he wasn't a challenge so much as a chore: they couldn't squish him, and his elements of surprise and misdirection was lost now that they could track him.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: For a tiny insect that looks like a Joke Character, he's quite formidable. He knocks Piccolo out through deception. Before Goku and Android 17 outsmart him, he even forces the two into a defensive.
- In the manga, his role is similar, but he's easier for Goku and 17 to deal with. His antics even interrupt the Pride Troopers as well.
- Death of a Thousand Cuts: Little dude might not be able to attack effectively, but he can deliver a ton of blows with enough power to draw fighters back, especially for someone his size.
- The Dreaded: Zigzagged. When the Grand Priest was doing a rundown on the remaining fighters in Episode 107, Beerus got freaked out, figuring the two hidden fighters would be extremely dangerous. However, when Damon appeared, although Damon was able to knock out a Universe 7 fighter, he didn't seem to be too powerful, especially compared to previous threats like Kefla, the final Universe 2 warriors, and Anilaza.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Appears briefly in the Limit Break x Survivor before his appearance on the show. Additionally, his existence was acknowledged earlier in hidden code in the Toei website. Additionally, a 2018 calendar reveals his full body.
- Edible Theme Naming: Pun on "cardamom", a particular kind of spice.
- Four-Legged Insect: A humanoid insect with two arms and two legs.
- Foreshadowing: In episode 110, when we see the group of aces that assemble to take on Jiren preceeded by a shot of their respective Gods of Destruction, Quitela's shot is followed by barren ground and the noise of a step, hinting that he and Gamisaras were sneaking up on Jiren.
- Informed Ability: According to a very early summary of him on Toei's website, it was mentioned that he had self-destruction and body shedding as part of his arsenal. Neither were shown in his performance, although another member, Nink, used a Taking You with Me attack with Goku. Interestingly enough, both members were the only ones from Universe 4 to be taken out by Goku. The anime or manga don't show these techniques.
- Last Stand: Perhaps the most embarrassing one so far in the Tournament of Power. He's Universe 4's last chance after Gamisaras and Shantza fail, and even Quitela's quite a jerk about it as well. His defeat's also very anticlimactic compared to other universes, even Universe 10.
- In the manga, this is averted, as he and Gamisaras perform their antics much earlier and once they're taken out, the remaining Universe 4 warriors are Ganos, Shosha, Darkori, and Shantza. Gamisaras is more successful than he is though.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: Not surprising for an insect, Damon is shown to be very small, yet he can hit hard enough to drive back the other fighters.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Has naturally red eyes, and the fact that Damon's hidden means that he's a rather dangerous threat in the Tournament of Power.
- Save This Person, Save the World: He is the last man standing for Universe 4, so once he goes down, 4 goes down with him.
- Stealth Expert: He is ungodly good at remaining hidden. He remained hidden with no presence at all, and for 35 minutes into the tournament, remained unnoticed. Tien was able to faintly sense his presence at the beginning of the tournament (considering that Gamisaras can't have his ki sensed), but only after the erasure of Universes 2 and 6 does he actually start to play hard, where he uses his small size to his advantage. He even hides within Shantza's illusions to make them look real. In the manga, he and Gamisaras attack much earlier, and they cause some trouble among the chaos.
- Stealth Pun: Why was Damon coded on the Dragon Ball Super website but hidden within the code? Because just like the Tournament of Power, he was hidden inside of the website and had to be looked closer upon to know of his true presence.
- Super Speed: May not be Dyspo, but for someone as small as him, he can run pretty damn fast and keep up with attacking other fighters.
- Vocal Dissonance: You'd expect someone that tiny to have a very squeaky or high-pitched voice. He actually has a rather deep voice.
- Weak, but Skilled: His size makes him fragile and he isn't shown to be exceptionally strong (though certain disproportionately so for his size), but he uses this to his advantage by being nearly impossible to see or hit. On top of that, because the tournament forbids killing, his opponents have to be very careful in their use of force lest they accidentally kill him, while he can attack with impunity. However, once his trick is exposed and once he's outsmarted, he's absolutely useless.
- Your Size May Vary: The opening and a 2018 calendar showed Damon being about the size of a child, while the anime reveals him to be the size of an ant.