While seniors are usually exempt from harm due to harming the elderly being a taboo, there are exceptions. A villain hurting a senior is practically guaranteed to be a Kick the Dog moment at minimum. Whether a hero hits a villainous senior depends on how healthy they are, how dangerous their scheme is, and the hero's morality. An elderly villain who's clearly in good shape is more likely to get attacked by a hero, a villain that plans on killing someone is also likely to get hit if there are no other options, and an Anti-Hero might not care at all if they're violent enough.
A Badass Grandpa is much more likely to get hurt than other seniors, since they're badass enough to actually get in a fight. Any video game that has a Badass Grandpa as a playable character is likely to have this.
Compare Would Hurt a Child, when someone is willing to hurt someone younger than them.
- Watchmen: Thugs break into retired superhero Hollis Mason's home and assault him. He is beaten to death with a statue he had received as an award for his heroism.
- In Atlantis: The Lost Empire Rourke punches the King of Atlantis, who's thousands of years old, in the stomach, causing him to die of internal bleeding.
- The Emperor's New Groove: When Kuzco accidentally bumps into an old man unfortunate enough to be standing nearby during his opening song, Kuzco has the old man thrown out the window. Fortunately, the old man ends up comically wrapped up in some banners and unharmed, and this is just meant to show that Kuzco is a Jerkass, although he gets better.
- In Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa, Alex the lion is more than willing to get in a one-on-one combat with the little old lady who beat him up in the first film. Despite Alex being a fully grown male lion, the old lady still wins the fight.
- In The Secret of NIMH, Jenner has no qualms about killing an ailing Nicodemus, and viciously shoves aside a crippled Mr. Ages to pursue Mrs. Brisby.
- In The Avengers, when one old man (who is implied to have lived through Hitler's regime and felt quite indignant about the Nazis) refuses to bow down to Loki, Loki is about to kill him before Captain America stops him.
- The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans: Lieutenant McDonagh (our hero, folks) assaults an old woman by withholding her oxygen supply since he needs some information from her friend. They file a report against him, but he gets away with it in the end.
- Lampshaded on Blazing Saddles. As Hedley's henchmen punch an old lady, she turns to the camera and comments "Have you ever seen such cruelty?"
- Logan: Wolverine's clone X-24 is perfectly willing to stab the nonagenarian Professor X in the chest. Xavier doesn't survive.
- Played for Laughs in Madea's Family Reunion when Keke Palmer's character takes off her earrings in an attempt to fight Madea, but she gets beat by Madea instead.
- In Madea Goes to Jail, the police had no problem attacking Madea to arrest her.
- Villains in Warrior Cats occasionally attack elders; one example is in the first book when ShadowClan attacks ThunderClan and Blackfoot kills the elder Rosetail as she defends the nursery.
- Walker, Texas Ranger: C.D. Parker, a retired Ranger, is often targeted by the villains in a way to try to intimidate Walker. This tactic, of course, only makes Walker madder.
- Discussed, exploited, and ultimately subverted in Digger with Boneclaw Mother, a Cool Old Lady who doesn't let age and blindness stop her from dispensing threats of violence against those who would harm her tribe. As she says, if someone were actually to agree to fight her, then they'd either get beaten up by an old blind lady or become known as the Jerkass who beat up an old blind lady. As a shaming tactic, it even works on a Knight Templar with urgent personal reasons to fight past her.
- In the The Powerpuff Girls episode, "Fallen Arches", the Ministry of Pain come out of retirement after several decades to commit crimes. Even though Bubbles and Buttercup are more than willing to stop them, Blossom refuses to let them because they have to respect their elders. The Powerpuff Girls get around this by enlisting Captain Righteous and Lefty, two equally-elderly former superheroes, to fight the Ministry of Pain.
- The villains from Jackie Chan Adventures have no problem attacking Uncle. With him being a Badass Grandpa, he can triumph over them.