Chuck E. Cheese
Chuck E. Cheese's current incarnation.
Counter-clockwise from upper right: P.T.T. Chuck, Tuxedo Chuck, Avenger Chuck
- Characterization Marches On: He started out as a fairly abrasive individual who would frequently become annoyed with the antics of his co-stars, to the point of him verbally berating them at times; he eventually morphed into a much friendlier, upbeat Everyman type of guy before morphing back into being a total jerk.
- Deadpan Snarker: As the resident straight man of the group, he can dish this out from time to time:
Chuck: Now before we go, Mr. Munch is gonna take a look at the weather.
Chuck: N-n-no Munch, I mean
.what with the holidays and everything, we want to know if theres any snow on the map.
Munch: (Looking at a literal map on the table covered in snow) Oh yeah, weve got snow on the map
weve got snow all over the map, and thats a fact. Dont know what its doing outside, but there is most definitely snow on the map for the holidays. Ha ha!
- Friend to All Children: So much so that he goes out of his way to do everything in his power just to make them happy, with a chain of restaurants filled to the brim with fun arcade games and junk food, prizes galore, and birthday parties for them!
- Guyliner: At least, it certainly looks like hes wearing it. Taken to a ridiculous extent with some the walkarounds in the PTT era, to the point of where they appeared to be wearing blush and even lipstick.
- Good Is Not Nice: Originally so, he got better as time went on.
- Interspecies Romance: With Helen Henny, a chicken.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: The degree as to which hes a jerk varies between incarnations, but hes always had a good heart underneath it all.
- Only Sane Man: His general shtick among his co-stars, particularly in the CEC TV segments.
- Orphan: Rockstar Chuck, as of 2012, is an orphan.
- Loving Family: Avenger Chuck, during the Tux and Avenger eras, had a mom and dad who gave him a lot of love and care before he became an adult and traveled to New York City to perform in clubs; this is mentioned in the 1997 and 2007 versions of the song "Every Boy, Every Girl".
- Man of Wealth and Taste: Originally had this look going for him, complete with Dashingly Dapper Derby and bowtie; later incarnations give him more casual-looking attire.
- Nice Hat: Save for his most recent incarnation, all of his outfits have one; it was originally a derby hat, then switched to a red sports cap in the mid-90s, and finally to a purple and green cap in the mid 90s.
- Nice Mice: Hes a mouse, and hes a fun-loving guy who throws birthday parties for kids.
- Ridiculously Cute Critter: His recent redesign is totally this.
- Rodents of Unusual Size: Official measurements place him at nearly six feet tall. Briefly subverted in the early Rockstar commercials, which portrayed him as roughly the size of a normal rodent.
- Ship Tease: With Helen Henny. (Astrid from Chuck E. Cheese and the Galaxy 5000 doesn't count as she cruelly tells him that she was only interested in the prize money and not him.)
- Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome: Inverted; he seems to be getting younger with each incarnation.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Occasionally has this reaction to his friends antics, usually when they decide to do something outlandish.
- The Gadfly: As the employee training tapes can attest to, he likes poking fun at others.
- The Leader: He has always been this to the rest of his gang.
- Toon: As revealed in the 1990s Avengere Chuck commercials.
- Took a Level in Kindness: His initial personality was
.lets just say, not pleasant. He becomes much more hospitable by the time the Tux Era rolls around.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Helen Henny, especially in the Galaxy 5000 film. He doesn't give Helen a Love Confession directly, however, only saying to her that he never lost faith in her.
- You Dirty Rat!: Subverted initially. He could be mean at times, but was otherwise a decent person; Nowadays he unfortunately averts this entirely.
- Your Size May Vary: He was portrayed as human-sized until the Rockstar Era begin, which shrunk him to the size of a real rat
only to revert back to human size later on.
- Alliterative Name: Helen Henny.
- The Cheerleader: She dresses as one during the "Cool Chuck" era (1994-2011)
- The Chick: Throughout Chuck E.'s gang.
- Clucking Funny: She's a chicken after all.
- Expy: Of Helen Reddy originally.
- Gamer Chick: There was a video of her trying to beat various games at a local Chuck E. Cheese.
- Genki Girl: In her music video where she tries to play every game.
- Granola Girl: Her recent voice showed us she acts like this.
- Ms. Fanservice: Her recent reincarnation is this in the puppet segments.
- Ship Tease: With Chuck E. Cheese. However, in Galaxy 5000 she does a Love Confession through song despite him not hearing it.
- The Other Darrin: She has gone through many voice actresses throughout the years:
- Paula Mulcahy (1978-1979)
- Nancy Lenihan (1983-1991)
- Karisa [McKinney] (1991-2000)
- Annagrey Labasse (1992-2000 alongside Karisa, then solo from 2000-2016)
- Mary Johnson (2016-present)
- Stephanie Nadolny (Spring Break 1994 showtape)
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: With Chuck E.; however, in Galaxy 5000 she does a Love Confession through song despite him not hearing it.
Jasper T. Jowls:
- Ambiguously Brown: His current redesign has his face to be a shade of brown.
- Ambiguously Gay: He seems to be drawn to Chuck E. alot. Not to mention he talks in a flamboyant accent. However, he had crushes on Foxy Colleen and Harmony Howlette in the past; he may still be in love with the latter.
- The Cameo: He appeared in Made along side Chuck E.
- Country Mouse: His ENTIRE character is country based.
- Dogs Are Dumb: Played straight in his first incarnation, in which he was slow and goofy, He got better by the Tux era though.
- Dare to Be Badass: He was a daredevil in his own segment.
- Deadpan Snarker: Rather in his earliest moments.
- The Lancer: Throughout Chuck E.'s gang.
- Ship Tease: With Harmony Howlette and Foxy Colleen
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: He seems to have a beef with Steve Waters, Pasqually's vocial coach.
- Small Name, Big Ego: In a 1996 comic book that took place at the old west, He picture himself to be superior to Chuck E.
- The Smart Guy: Also throughout Chuck E.'s gang.
Pasqually the Chef: