The Muay Thai "God"
- Arrogant Muay Thai Guy: Still as egotistical and prideful in here, as he always is. It is this arrogance, that ultimately leads to his downfall, after he is defeated, and then killed, by Havik.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: How he meets his end, at the hands of Havik.
The Agent of Justice
The Saikyo Master
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: While he's still as clumsy & goofy as ever, he's still shown to be a creditable fighter this time around, not only winning his first match on his own, but growing stronger through his training with Nightwolf.
- Took a Level in Badass: Thanks to some guidance from Nightwolf, Dan's skills and fighting have increased quite a bit. He's still seen as a Butt-Monkey by some, but is actually able to fight, alongside his fellow chosen ones.
- Vision Quest: As his final test of Nightwolf's training, Dan is put into a deep sleep, in order to enter his mind and face off against a shadowy opponent, using all that he's learned.
The Sonic Typhoon
- Action Dad: Doesn't hesitate, to protect his family from invading Demons, Tarkatans or Shao Kahn's general Motaro.
- Parental Substitute: Becomes one to Wagner, after he loses his family.
The Shinobi of The Summer Breeze
- Inconvenient Summons: Becomes a victim of this, when Raiden summons her alongside the rest of his chosen ones, while in her underwear.
- Kill The Cuite: Becomes the first one to die, in the story, as her soul gets taken by Shang Tsung.
The Martial Arts Champion
- Action Dad: When he's not fighting, or saving the world from invasions, Ken's a devoted husband and father, to Eliza & Mel.
- The Matchmaker: Becomes this in Chishio No Me, to Ryu & Julia, after their awkward first meeting.
- Shipper on Deck: He feels that Julia is a perfect match for Ryu, whom he feels needs a girlfriend. He arranges for their second meeting, in which they have a much more friendly conversation.
The Card of Destiny
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Raiden - The two of them constantly bicker & argue with each other, which usually results in Rose, throwing mugs at him, but there are still a few moments of attraction between them, which finally comes through in chapter 57.
- Brutal Honesty: During her introduction to her Chosen Ones, Rose takes the opportunity, to point out the various flaws of each of her recruits. However, this is not done out of malice, but rather as a means to show how even the ones, with past mistakes and flawed personalities, can still be pure of heart.
- Not So Above It All: Often berates Raiden, for his alcoholic tendencies, but is shown to take, and more than likely drink, his liquor, when no one is around.
- Sage Love Interest: Raiden eventually becomes this to her.
The Demon Huntress
- Ascended Demon: During the first appearance, she had managed to become this, after finally defeated Noob Saibot. She then joins the Chosen Ones, in their quest for the Chishio No Me.
The Cleric of Chaos
The Stealthy Warrior
- Boomerang Comeback: With it being her primary projectile weapon, she gets a few of these moments.
The Blind Swordsman
- Fist of Rage: Clenches his fists, the first time he senses Shang Tsung.
The Edenian Princess
- Love at First Sight: Experiences this, when she first encounters Siegfried, who returns the gesture later on.
The Outworld Defender
- Angst? What Angst?: Despite her village having been enslaved by Shao Kahn, for an unknown amount of time, Li Mei is surprisingly chipper during her first introduction.
The Demon Wraith
- Arch-Enemy: Becomes this to both Ashrah & Sub-Zero.
- Dark Is Evil: Like with canon, he's depicted wearing black clothing and using shadow/dark based abilities.
- Sinister Scythe: He uses two, throughout the series. The first one, being a traditional scythe, in place of his Mortal Kombat: Armageddon Troll Hammer, and a sickle reminiscent to the one in Mortal Kombat 11.
- That Man Is Dead: When his old clans brother Sektor, is about to call him Bi-Han, Noob interrupts him, stating that it is no longer his name.
The God of Thunder
- Adaptation Personality Change: As opposed to the more sage-like and stoic god, he's more known for being, this Raidan is based more on his film counterpart, being a bit more immature and sarcastic. Though still, wanting whats best for Earthrealm.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Rose - The two of them constantly argue with each other, which usually results in Rose, throwing mugs at him, but there are still a few moments of attraction between them, which finally comes through in chapter 57.
- Do Wrong, Right: When he sees the drunken antics of McCoy & his friends, he's more angry that they didn't invite him to drink along with him, than the fact that they drank.
- Mr. Exposition: Becomes this in Chapter 9, when he explains the true goal behind the Blood Tournament, to the Chosen ones, along with telling them about Shao Kahn & Shang Tsung.
- Sage Love Interest: With his fellow sage, Rose. Though, they often bicker and get on each others nerves, they eventually grow to deeply love each other. So much so, that her death is one of the main factors, for Raiden's fall into Dark Raiden.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right!: Has continuously broken the Elder Gods' customs of not interfering with mortals, whenever Earthrealm has been threatened. Mostly through the Mortal Kombat Tournaments. He does so once again, during the Blood Tournament, relinquishing his Elder God status, in order to protect the realms.
- Sdrawkcab Name: Briefly enters the Blood tournament, under the name Nediar.
The Ninja Spectre
- Aloof Ally: In all three books, Scorpion mostly keeps to himself and his personal quests, only stepping in to help the rest of the Chosen Ones, when he needs to.
- Berserk Button: Insulting Scorpion's family & cause, is a big one for him. As Akuma finds out.
The Queen of Edenia
- Adaptational Heroism: As this was written during the old Timeline, Sindel is still a just & kind ruler, as opposed to her recent incarnation.
- The High Queen: As stated above, this is the Sindel of the original Timeline, so she remains this to Edenia.
The Emperor of Outworld
- Big Bad: Of both Chishio No Me & Ano Sentaku Bou.
- Orcus on His Throne: Spends most of his time in his throne room, letting his minions fight for him. Even after absorbing the Satsui No Had & Soul Edge at the end of Chishio No Me, he doesn't fight anyone personally, until the final battle of Ano Sentaku Bou.
The Dark Sorcerer of Outworld and Shao Kahn's On-Again Off-Again Right Hand.
- Even Evil Has Standards: He's completely disgusted, by Master Christopher's very clear lust for Maki, and takes him to be tortured by Berserk, after his match. Though given his own history involving women, it's more than likely, he simply didn't want Christopher, to harm a potential addition to his harem.
- Mind-Control Device: Uses enchanted chokers, in order to control his female harem, and keep them forever young.
- Secret Identity: Song. Briefly used, during the Blood Tournament, as a means to acquire the Chishio No Me medallion, and afterwards betray Shao Kahn and his forces. He is discovered by Quan Chi in chapter 45, and forced to forfeit the tournament soon after.
- Your Soul Is Mine: Continues his trend, in this story. Most noticeably, he takes the souls of Master Christopher and Ibuki.
Ice Wielding Grandmaster
The Resurrected Fury
- No One Should Survive That: Despite being cut through by Yoshimistu and blown up in Ano Sentaku You, Bryan's robotic generator manages to survive in tact. In Majin Seiryu Ki, he is found by Sektor's Tekunin Clan and brought back to life, good as new.
The Head of the Mishima Zaibatsu
- Abusive Parents: He infamously threw his own son off a cliff as a child, and then later on, off a volcano (not to mention attempting to kill his grandson Jin), and is shown to have no remorse for it.
- Dirty Old Man: He has several occasions, where he displays perverted tendencies towards women younger than him. He reads bikini magazines (most notably the Mishima Magazine: Bikini Edition) and during his stay at the Keisei village was more than happy, to request that the women there dance for him.
The Nature Lover
- I Will Find You: After her mother disappeared, Julia has been attempting to track her down. Upon, receiving a mysterious letter, informing her that she'll get her answers at the tournament, she drops everything and signs up.
- Missing Mom: Two years prior, to the events of the stories, Julia's adopted mother Michelle mysteriously left her, and never returned. Her disappearance, is the main reason that Julia ends up joining the Blood Tournament.
- Seeking the Missing, Finding the Dead: After years of searching for her lost mother, she learns from Sagat, that she was killed in battle.
The current CEO of G Corporation. The son of Heihachi Mishima & Father of Jin Kazama.
- Big Bad Ensemble: With his son Jin in Majin Seiryu Ki though Azazel serves as the Greater-Scope Villain to both.
- Redemption Rejection: Played with. During the Invasion, Kazuya ends up in a Keisei village, where he stays with a kind man, named Aiguo, who has a daughter by the name of Seiko. Throughout the story, she attempts to get Kazuya to open up and even seems to have a crush on him. It doesn't help, that she looks suspiciously like Jun Kazama. While this is built up, as if she's going to help redeem him, Kazuya continuously and coldly rejects her advances, and she dies around halfway into the story. Though Kazuya does seem to mourn her, helping with her burial and even writing a letter to her family about her passing, his morality remains mostly unchanged by the encounter.
The Super Cop
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Managed to get completely drunk, after only two small cups of Outworld Liquor.
- Happily Married: To Chun Li, after Ano Sentaku Bou.
The Cold Blooded Killer
- Defrosting the Ice Queen: Though she starts off as a Loner, unwilling to open up to others, she begins to open up and become more sociable. Especially, when she and Raven, start forming a relationship. Though by the time Ano Sentaku Bou starts, she has once again become more distant and cold.
- FaceHeel Turn: Originally one of the Chosen Ones, destined to defeat Shao Kahn and stop his invasion, she would ultimately betray them in Majin Seiryu Ki, joining Jin in his crusade.
The Dark Talon of Death
- Cold-Blooded Torture: On the receiving end of this, when he's becomes captured by Shao Kahn and fed to Berserk.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: In his introduction, he manages to kill a group of terrorists, quickly dispatching of them, while remaining unharmed.
The White Angel of Death
- Beware the Quiet Ones: An esteemed member of the Russian SPETSNAZ and a master of Sambo, Dragunov is able to hold his own, against many of Shao Kahn's soldiers.
- Suddenly Voiced: After spending three fourths of the story, never saying a word to Raven or anyone, Sergei finally speaks his first line in Chapter 75. And it's to condescend Raven, as he's trying to teach Yoshimitsu hand signs.
- The Voiceless: Much like in game, while Dragunov is capable of talking, hardly ever says a word throughout his appearances. In fact, since his first appearance in Ano Sentaku Buo, he has only said one line thus far.
The Manji Clan Leader
- An Arm and a Leg: During the time, he wielded the Chishio No Me, he was forced to cut off his own arm, in order to prevent himself from being corrupted by it's power.
- Artificial Limb: Forced to cut off his right arm, he has since gotten a mechanical replacement, by his friend Dr. Boskonovitch.
- Bond One-Liner: After apparently finally killing Bryan Fury, the man who murdered many of his Manji comrades, Yoshimitsu utters one as the cyborg blows up: Retribution.
- Composite Character: As both Tekken & the Soul series, have their own Yoshimitsu, this one is a combination of both, though leaning more towards the former.
- Cool Gate: Is able to move to different locations, and even other realms, by creating temporary portals with his sword.
- Ninja: The leader of the Manji Clan, a centuries old Robin Hood-esque ninja group.
- Really 700 Years Old: Looks relatively young, for someone well over 400 years old. Justified as prolonged exposure to the Chishio No Me, has granted him and a few of his clansmen, an extended lifetime.
- Secret Keeper: Is fully aware of the Bloody Eye's true nature and abilities, but decides to keep it a secret from the rest of his allies, for the majority of the story.
- Spared by the Adaptation: Played With. In the original games, it's been stated by Word of God, that the Soul Series incarnation of Yoshimitsu, is the ancestor of the one in Tekken. This time however, the two incarnations have been combined into one character, with this Yoshimitsu having gained extended life, through the exposure of the Chishio No Me.
- This Is Something He's Got to Do Himself: Played straight, and later subverted. He enters the tournament, without any of his fellow Manji Clansmen, to destroy the Chishio No Me, having been its original wielder and was almost corrupted by it. However, he soon joins the rest of the Chosen Ones, in order to destroy it.
The Blade of Solitude
- Adaptational Villainy: While Ivy is usually a neutrally aligned character in her native series, this version of her has a lot more villainous. She allies herself with Shao Kahn, in order to get closer to the Bloody Eye, and eventually becomes his queen, murdering and conquering alongside him in Ano Sentaku Bou.
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Ivy joins Shao Kahn early in Chishio No Me, and by the end becomes his queen, after he gain the powers of the Satsui No Had & Soul Edge. From there, she spends most of the story loyal to him. Though, she does end up betraying him by the end, and joins the Chosen Ones, in defeating him.
- The Atoner: Her main arc in Majin Seiryu Ki, is attempting to make up for the many atrocities she committed, during her time as the queen of Shao Kahn.
- If You're So Evil, Eat This Kitten: In order to see, if she truly is loyal or not, Ivy is ordered by Shao Kahn, to kill a random servant. She does so without hesitation.
The Heart and Soul
- Arranged Marriage: Her father, Hong Yun-Seong, had plans to arrange one between her and a rich farmer, named Reeh Tak. However, Seong learns that he killed his previous wife, and ran away to escape it. Fortunately, she's able to stop the marriage, after the events of Ano Sentaku Bou.
- Beat Them at Their Own Game: As she's losing her fight against Midnight, Mi-na is soon able to turn the tables, by using his discarded staff against him.
- The Runaway: Runs away from home, before the beginning of Chishio No Me, to join the Blood Tournament. It is later revealed she did so, in order to escape an arranged marriage by her father, to a supposed, abusive husband.
The Virtuous Holy Warrior
- Action Girl: Though, she recently went on a break, in order to raise her family, Sophitia returns to her roots, when her homeworld of Keisei becomes Shao Kahn's next target.
- Action Mom: She's the mother of future Soul Series characters Pyrrha & Patroklos, and comes out of her retirement in order to find help to defend her village, and her family.
- Official Couple: With her husband Rothion.
The Undead Torturer
- The Brute: Standing at 7'1 ft and able to rip a man in half, with his bare hands, Berserk is definitely one of the most powerful of Shao Kahn's minions.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: Spends most of his time in the cells, as Shao Kahn's torturer. In particular, he's put in charge of torturing Raven, after he is captured.
- Dumb Muscle: Isn't much of a thinker or talker, and isn't seen doing much else, than torture and fight.
- Our Zombies Are Different: Much like zombie Liu Kang from Deception & Armageddon, Berserk looks and acts like a typical zombie, but is shown to be more intelligent and able to use tools efficiently.
- Removing the Head or Destroying the Brain: Meets his end via the latter, when Yoshimitsu plunges his sword, through his head.
- The Undead: Once a man, now he's turned into a zombie, under Shao Kahn's control.
Lisa "Viper" Wagner
The Former Doll of Bison
- Brainwashed and Crazy: For the most of Chishio No Me, having been turned into a shadow doll by M.Bison. She eventually gets better.
- Cain and Abel: Served as the Cain to Scott's Abel, during her time under M.Bison's control. By the end of Chishio No Me however, she has since re-patched her relationship with her brother.
- Demoted to Extra: While never a main character, Lisa played a big role in Scott's arc in Chishio No Me. Once she was rescued, and freed from her mind control, she became mostly a minor character, only making a few appearances here in there, through the rest of the series.
Seeker of The Past
- Chameleon Camouflage: Possesses a cloaking ability, that allows her to fade into the background, almost unseen.
- Identity Amnesia: After being turn into a cyborg, by the Tekunin Clan, Matrik has no idea of her old life, who she used to be and even her name. 14 years & two stories later, and she still isn't any closer, to remembering her old identity.
The Ultra Soldier
- Accidental Pervert: Accidentally trips at the start of Chapter 12, and rips up Sonya's pajama pants. She takes it surprisingly well, mostly just stealing his jeans and then walking off. Later in Chapter 15, he accidentally walks into Alex's room, while having a hangover, and ends up seeing her, in the midst of hooking her bra.
- The Woobie: When he was 11, he lost his whole family at the hands of M. Bison, and spent most of his life in foster care, believing that he should've died alongside his parents. Scott would spend most of his teens as a delinquent, before he was finally found by Guile, who would take him under his wing and give him a new home. He would late find out, his sister Lisa was not only alive, but turned into a Doll by Bison. And that's before the story starts. He goes through a few more tragedies from here, like losing his then girlfriend Sonya & Guile becoming the brainwashed pawn of Shao Kahn.