For everything so horrific in the Quadrilogy, this is where it goes.
- The Bloody Eye. Where do we start...
- This artifact held all the power in the universe. To think that how it will be used and who will use it is where it kicks in. Yoshimitsu, its first user, used it to protect his territory from the tyranny surrounding them. However, in the hands of Shao Kahn, it'll make all the conquering for him much easier.
- During Scott Wagner's introduction, we learn that his sister Lisa, was kidnapped by M.Bison after an attack that left him and her, the sole surviving members of their family. Lisa was then turned by Bison, into one of his Dolls, now under the name Viper. Whole that would be horrifying enough, it's revealed that Lisa, was the only one of the Dolls, who wasn't freed from Bison's influence after his death. She has since been taken under the wing of Vega.
- Upon arriving in Outworld, Ivy Valentine swears her loyalty to Shao Kahn, as a means to get closer to the Bloody Eye and severing her connection to Soul Edge. In order to prove her loyalty, she is tasked with killing a random servant. She does so, without hesitation.
- Despite only being a one-off character in a filler match, Master Christopher is among the creepiest antagonists in the story. Everything from his manner of speak, to his grappling fighting style, which comes off as Attempted Rape, is incredibly unnerving. Even more so, as its played surprisingly seriously, with Maki ending up a crying mess after the fight, and even Shang Tsung demanding that he stop.
- Speaking of Christopher, while his fate is well deserved, seeing his torture at the hands of Berserk and then having his soul devoured by Shang Tsung, does make for a very grizzly fate.
- Chapter 27. Shang Tsung drew first blood by killing Ibuki!
- And no one would warn you that this will happen. Ibuki was busy gathering berries for both her and Li Mei, when suddenly, she hears a strange moan for help. She then finds a woman wounded along the track, and just when she is about to get help...the woman takes her soul. Any casual Mortal Kombat fan would clearly know who could do it...