Sorry For Your Loss is a 2018 television series airing on Facebook's free streaming service Facebook Watch.
The story follows Leigh (Elizabeth Olsen), a recent widow whose attempts to deal with the sudden loss of her husband are the main focus of the series. But she's not the only one having to deal with that loss. And while going through the grieving process, she tries to find out more about her husband Matt's sudden demise.
The series also stars Kelly Marie Tran, Jovan Adepo, Mamoudou Athie, Janet McTeer, and Zack Robidas.
This series features examples of:
- Five Stages of Grief: Often discussed and explored. Leigh is firmly in the "Anger" stage for most of the first season.
- Gay Best Friend: Drew, Leigh's best friend at the editor of the website that hosts Leigh's advice column.
- Most Writers Are Writers: Leigh used to write an advice column for the website Basically News, and her husband, Matt, was working on his own comic book when he died.
- Recovered Addict: Leigh's sister, Jules, just finished a stint in rehab, and her continued recovery provides Jules her own B-plot arc in the first season.
- Stepford Smiler: Becca, the other young widow in Leigh's support group. When Leigh lashes out at her for having the perfect marriage and her husband dying a hero yet still being so peppy all the time, Becca reveals she asked for a divorce before her husband died and pretends to be happy because she's worried people won't like her if she isn't.
- Widow Woman: Leigh, the main character.