This is a partial character sheet for Kamen Rider Drive. Visit here for the main character index. Subjective trope and audience reactions should go on the YMMV page.
Shift CarsMiniature cars created to help humanity and the Transformation Trinkets for this season, they assist Drive in his mission. They can move on their own by creating special tracks and each have unique abilities they can use to fight Roidmudes. Having a certain capacity for sentience, some of the Shift Cars are off on their own cases when not helping out Drive. By being used in conjunction with the Shift Brace, Shinnosuke can do a "Tire Exchange" and equip himself with new powers and weapons.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: A good number of Shift Cars got pretty darn cool names. Justice Hunter, Burning Solar, Midnight freakin' Shadow...
- Badass Adorable: They're cars the size of Hot Wheels that give off the most adorable beeps and squeaks, but any of them can still kick a Roidmude's ass on their own. Not to mention that they can use their unique abilities to help Drive, and even save his life, on several occasions.
- Bash Brothers: Dream Vegas and Dimension Cab.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: All of the Tire Exchange Shift Cars were charmed by Medic in #21. Chaser even got to make use of Solar and Spike in the process!
- Combat and Support: They serve as the Support to Drive, though they aren't afraid to get into a scuffle if a need arises.
- Cool Car: Of course.
- Power Trio:
- Kamen Rider Drive has Max Flare, Funky Spike, and Midnight Shadow as the first three Tire Exchange Cars he has access to. note
- Kamen Rider Drive has three Type Change Cars that not only change his form, but also Trideron's.
- Further shown episode 12, when the trio lazily drive around Shinnosuke, with Mr. Belt's voice projecting from all them at the same time.
- When Shift Technic first appeared, it was accompanied by Fire Braver and Rolling Gravity, two utility-based Tire Exchange Cars best used with Type Technic.
- In episode 11, the trio of Deco Traveller, Road Winter, and Colorful Commercial save Shinnosuke's bacon in their debut.
- Shift Formula is aided by the Shift Pit Crew, which is made up of Mantarn F01, Jacky F02, and Sparner F03.
- Quite a few Shift Cars were planned in threes - the hotrod trio (Max Flare, Funky Spike, Midnight Shadow), rescue services (Justice Hunter, Mad Doctor, Fire Braver), construction (Rumble Dump, Spin Mixer, Rolling Gravity), and so on. Those sets of three have their tires combined once Drive have access to Type Tridoron and performs a Tire Mixing.
- Remote Body: Mr. Belt can use the Shift Cars that change Drive's Type for this purpose.
- Robot Buddy: The Tire Exchange Shift Cars are small toy-like cars that display near-human intelligence.
Shift Speed / Shift High Speed
When Roidmude 027 copied Kamen Rider Drive, Rinna "upgraded" Shift Speed to make it high-class, allowing Drive to overpower the imposter.
- Chrome Champion: As Shift High Speed, except it isn't really stronger than regular Shift Speed.
- The Hero
- The Kirk
- Fashionable Asymmetry: All Tires, even its default tire, is worn like a sash.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: Of Drive's three basic forms, Type Speed is the Thief, specializing in its high speed and flexibility in combat.
- Palette Swap: During its temporal upgrade, High Speed is colored white/silver.
- Red Is Heroic: Also gives Kamen Rider Drive his standard color.
- Red Ones Go Faster: It gives Drive Super Speed.
- Transformation Trinket: Allows Shinnosuke to transform into Drive Type Speed.
- The Big Guy: When Drive needs some extra muscle, Wild's his go-to car.
- Close-Range Combatant: In terms of weaponry, Type Wild tends to rely on the Handle Sword as well as the Rumble Smasher for battle.
- Dark Is Not Evil: It's a jet black car, but is definitely on the side of the heroes.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: All Tires, even its default tire, is attached to his right shoulder.
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: Of Drive's three basic forms, Type Wild is the Fighter, specializing in heavier brute-force attacks and defense, thanks to the placement of Type Wild's tires.
- The McCoy: Requires Shinnosuke to have a burning passion for him to use it.
- New Powers as the Plot Demands: Type/Shift Wild was developed following Type Speed Dump's disastrous run.
- Shield Bash: Type Wild can use its tires like this due to its placement on a shoulder.
- Transformation Trinket: Allows Shinnosuke to transform into Drive Type Wild.
Shift Technic / NEXT Builder
- Fighter, Mage, Thief: Of Drive's three basic forms, Type Technic is the Mage, specializing in technopathy and other more esoteric powers.
- Long-Range Fighter: In terms of weaponry, Type Technic relies most on the Door Gun for battle.
- Rule of Three:
- It is the third Transformation Shift Car Shinnosuke has access to.
- It took three tries for Shinnosuke to be able to use Type Technic.
- Debuting with Shift Technic are Fire Braver and Rolling Gravity, two utility-based Shift Cars Drive can make use of as Type Technic.
- The Smart Guy: He doesn't turn Drive into a "mechanic master" in just name only!
- The Spock: Requires Shinnosuke to have a cool and collected mind for him to use it.
- Transformation Trinket: Allows Shinnosuke to transform into Drive Type Technic.
- Awesome, but Impractical: The hat might be nice, but it gets into Drive's line of sight if he needs to look up. Also, his Type Fruits armor is too wide for Drive to get inside Tridoron.
- Character Tic: Aside from letting the user utilize the power of another Rider, another quality this Shift Car shares with the Legend Rider Lockseeds is seeming to channel the personality of the original Rider to some extent, as shown when Drive does a little dance in the middle of a battle.
- Dual Wielding: Bestows upon Drive both the Musou Saber and Daidamaru.
- Everything's Better with Samurai: His Tire gives Drive not only Gaim's weaponry, but it also forms a samurai-esque armor on him. Not to mention giving him a sweet hat.
- Flying Car: Shift Fruits gives Tridoron the power to fly through space.
- Power Copying: Much like the Legend Rider Lockseeds, this Shift Car allows Drive to use the power of another Rider, which would be Gaim himself in this case.
- Transformation Trinket: Allows Shinnosuke to transform into Drive Type Fruits.
- Big Damn Heroes: Formula's first on-screen appearance? Driving into an explosion to allow Shinnouske to survive, as well as birth Type Formula.
- Blow You Away
- Blue Is Heroic: Balancing out the red Speed, Formula is a deep blue.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Its original Finisher was a high-speed close-range strike. A devastating move that unfortunately took a humongous toll on Shinnosuke's body the first time he used it and would have maimed him if he had tried it a second time.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: While Type Formula lacks this most of the time, due to the fact both of Type Formula's tires are just in front of the elbow joints, it does get them when Jacky F02 and Sparner F03's Tires are used for a Tire Exchange, which only arm Type Formula with the tire on the right arm.
- In a more subtle manner, Type Formula is covered in endorsement stickers of the 18 standard Tire Exchange Shift Cars on his legs and torso armor.
- Mid-Season Upgrade: One of two for Drive.
- Super Speed: Formula's speed is so quick Drive can run around the city in seconds. And civilians can't even see him, instead only noticing the sonic boom/wind displacement he leaves as he runs past them.
- Transformation Trinket: Allows Shinnosuke to transform into Drive Type Formula.
- True Companions: Unlike the previous Transformation Shift Cars, Shift Formula needs more than a mere mental state: it requires Shinnosuke to have faith in his comrades for him to use it.
- All Your Powers Combined: The primary ability of Type Tridoron. This allows Drive to combine three tires with a similar theme to form a new combo tire with all their powers. This is achieved through the Tire Mixing, which in itself is possible by the Shift Cars all entering the Shift Tridoron Car during the formation of Type Tridoron. It can form seven different combinations.
- Attack 1.2.3 Tire: Fuses the tires of the hotrod-themed Shift Cars Max Flare, Funky Spike, and Midnight Shadow. Using this Tire Mixing mode gives Type Tridoron Attack 1.2.3 the ability to use Shadow's duplication abilities and shoot Spike's spikes, which are packing Flare's heat when they explode.
- People Saver Tire: Fuses the tires of the emergency-themed Shift Cars Justice Hunter, Mad Doctor, and Fire Braver. Using this Tire Mixing mode gives Type Tridoron People Saver the Justice Cage and Cure Quicker, as well as the Ladder Extender that rests within the tire itself.
- Kouji Genbarnote Tire: Fuses the tires of the worksite-themed Shift Cars Rumble Dump, Spin Mixer, and Rolling Gravity. Using this Tire Mixing mode gives Type Tridoron Kouji Genbar the Rumble Smasher and 10-ton Weight.
- Big Damn Heroes: Shift Tridoron was used in order to bring back Shinnosuke and Belt-san from the dead. It did its job well.
- Death-or-Glory Attack: Type Tridoron's Trailer Big Impact leads to this. Drive loads Shift Tridoron into the Trailer Cannon, and fires Tridoron at the target. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, if such an action didn't disengage Type Tridoron while doing so, and has Drive take the form of the Type of whatever Shift Car he had installed into the top of the Trailer Cannon beforehand.
- It was also revealed that this Trope was the sole original reason Shift Tridoron was built, to be used as one final attack utilizing the Trailer Cannon. It was never supposed to access another form on its own.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Not only does Type Tridoron have a huge tire installed into his left side, his left arm and some of the area around the area is colored a jet black.
- Fusion Dance: Big time. During the formation of Type Tridoron, Shinnosuke combines with Mr. Belt, Tridoron combines with the Drive System to form the armor, and all the Shift Cars fuse into Shift Tridoron.
- Type Tridoron also fuses 3 tires together of Shift Cars that share a theme, creating an all new tire.
- Heroic Resolve: Type Tridoron's requirement is Shinnosuke believing in his determination to protect others.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Much in the same way for Den-O Liner & Zeronos Zero, Kabuto Hyper, Armed Hibiki, Wild Chalice and Faiz Blaster.
- Lucky Number Seven: Not only is Shift Tridoron Drive's 7th Shift Car that gives a new suit, Type Tridoron has 7 Tire Mixing options.
- Type Tridoron also has 7 wheels built into the suit, due to Tridoron's fusion. Four of these wheels are on Drive's heels for two each heel, two placed into his back, and one slinged over his left shoulder.
- Red Is Heroic: Like Shift/Type Speed, Type Tridoron is a blazing red.
- Super Mode: This is Kamen Rider Drive's version.
- Transformation Trinket: Allows Shinnosuke to transform into Drive Type Tridoron. Notably, this was never meant to be one in the first place, as noted above.
- Two Beings, One Body: Both Shinnosuke and Mr. Belt can use Drive Type Tridoron to fight, which can be distinguished with Drive having yellow eyes when controlled by Shinnosuke, and Drive having Mr. Belt's eyes when he is in control.
Shift Next SpecialThe Shift Car of the Surprise Future movie. Can be used by either Drive or Dark Drive to transform. For Drive, he activates Type Special through one side of the Shift Car. For Dark Drive, it activates Type Next through the other side.
- Dark Is Evil: Shift Next Special is Dark Drive's primary form, but it only qualified for this trope when it was being used by Roidmude 108.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Shinnosuke used the Type Special side of Shift Next Special to fight the Paradox Roidmude. Additionally, the initial Dark Drive who used this Shift Car was a hero, but lost it to Roidmude 108.
- Power Copying: To a minor extent, Drive in Type Special was shown to be able to summon Chaser's Signal Axe, implying that he can use other such weapons.
- Super Mode: A movie-exclusive one.
- Transformation Trinket: Gives Dark Drive access to Type Next, and the present-day Drive uses it to transform into Type Special.
Shift Heartron (SPOILERS!)A new Shift Car based on Shift Tridoron which, when used by Heart with the Drive Driver and the Shift Brace, allows him to become Drive: Type Miracle. Exclusive to Kamen Rider Drive Saga: Kamen Rider Heart.
- All Your Powers Combined: Like Type Tridoron's Tire Blending ability, Type Miracle lets Heart do something called Viral Blending, which is similar but uses the Roidmudes' Viral Cores in place of Drive's Shift Cars.
- Dangerous Forbidden Technique: Becoming Type Miracle ends up costing Heart, Brain, and Medic what little energy they had after being revived.
- Fashionable Asymmetry: Type Miracle has a large tire installed into its left side, just like Type Tridoron.
- Fusion Dance: When Heart first used it to transform, he became a hastily cobbled together combination of Type Speed, Type Wild, and Type Technic.
- Power Copying: Its Viral Blending ability based on Type Tridoron's Tire Blending allows Heart to use the powers of Brain and Medic.
- Prior to that, Brain complied Drive's battle data into Shift Heartron to let Heart transform into a hybrid of Type Speed, Type Wild, and Type Technic.
- Red Is Heroic: Type Miracle incorporates elements of Type Tridoron and Heart's Advanced Roidmude form, both of which are red. Fitting, considering that it's Heart's Kamen Rider form following his HeelFace Turn.
- Sharing a Body: The Human-type Roidmude body that was used for this Shift Car ended up having Chase's clothes and Heart's appearance, but Brain and Medic briefly have moments of control over the body until Heart convinces them to let him take full control.
- Soul Jar: It was originally intended to be one for Chase, but somehow ended up containing the cores of Heart, Brain, and Medic instead.
- Transformation Trinket: Heart as Kamen Rider Drive uses this to transform into Type Speed-Wild-Technic and later Type Miracle, aka Kamen Rider Heart.
- Walking Spoiler: Well, spoiler on wheels, but this Shift Car spoils the fact that Heart returns and becomes a Kamen Rider.
Shift Max Flare / Shift Mega Max Flare
Sound Effect: Car Honking
When Kamen Rider Drive battled Roidmude 027 as Type High-Speed, Flare followed suit and upgraded itself to help him fight.
- Badass in Distress: In episode 5, where it is captured by Mashin Chaser and has its powers used against Drive.
- Blue/Orange Contrast: Its fiery orange body contrasts with its navy-blue wheels.
- Fire Is Red: Downplayed. For regular Max Flare, the car and its fire is Orange, which is close to Red. For Mega Max Flare, it only has red on its wheels and rim, while its body is fire-gradient.
- Playing with Fire: Its main powers. No matter who uses Flare, everyone gains flame manipulation.
- Primary-Color Champion: Together with the Funky Spike and Midnight Shadow, the trio of hotrods are the inversion. Rather then being red, blue and yellow, Max Flare is orange, Funky Spike is green and Midnight Shadow is purple.
- Wreathed in Flames: Flare's favorite use of his powers.
Shift Funky Spike
Sound Effect: Car Honking
- Chainsaw Good: Kamen Rider Drive Type Speed can simulate one by spinning its Funky Spike Tire.
- Primary-Color Champion: Together with the other two hotrods, the trio form an inversion.
- Spike Shooter: Gives Drive this ability.
- Spiked Wheels: Spike's Tire.
- Spikes of Villainy: Inverted as Spike is firmly on the good guys side.
- The Spiny: As it's name indicates, Spike can sprout spikes out of his body to either hurt enemies or enhance his attacks.
Shift Midnight Shadow
Sound Effect: Car Honking, Shamisen Strum (during the Scooper Roidmude episodes)
- Absurd Cutting Power: As a car itself, it is able to cut ropes like it's using a katana by flipping over.
- Ceiling Cling: Pulls this off in #31 to easedrop on Nira's phone call to Makage.
- Confusion Fu: By improvising its duplication powers.
- Doppelgänger Attack: Shown to be able to create illusions of itself. Drive can do the same by equipping himself with his Tire.
- Fuuma Shuriken: Allows Kamen Rider Drive to wield energy constructs of the Midnight Shadow Tire, which resembles a fumma shuriken, in each hand.
- Primary-Color Champion: Together with the other two hotrods, the trio form an inversion.
- Production Foreshadowing: Metawise, for Shuriken Sentai Ninninger.
- Supernatural Is Purple: In a way, by using its illusion powers.
Shift Justice Hunter / NEXT Hunter
Sound Effect: Police Car's Siren
- Barrier Warrior: Fights by creating small cages.
- Heroic Willpower: Like the other Shift Cars, Hunter gets corrupted by Medic in #21. However he manages to resist long enough to send out an S.O.S. to Shinnouske and the others.
- Improbable Weapon User: The Justice Cage, which resembles a handheld jail cell. Once Hunter's special attack comes into play, the Justice Cage does indeed transform into a localized cell with electrified bars.
- Lower-Deck Episode: Both he and Monster will be the primary focus of a special DVD-exclusive episode.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Monster. The two fight and bicker, but work together like a well oiled machine.
Shift Dream Vegas
Sound Effect: Slot machine noises
- Big Damn Heroes: Seems to enjoy performing these.
- Bash Brothers: With Dimension Cab.
- Death Dealer: Its main form of attack.
- Heartbroken Badass: Until Cab got repaired.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: The Drum Shields.
- Mundane Utility: Its Drum Shields see more use than its actual primary ability due to how they can be reliably used as shields or flung as projectiles in a pinch; whereas its flashier finishing move has a lengthy start-up and can sometimes fail.
- Not So Different: To Shinnosuke, as he finds out.
- Probability Tropes: Subverted. After failing to finishing a Roidmude once, Mr Belt told Shinnosuke that he can influence his own luck.
- Though Vegas could also be doing it as well, seeing as his spirits were lifted since the initial Full Throttle.
Shift Spin Mixer
Sound Effect: Bleeping
- The Big Guy: Being based on a cement mixer will do that to you. Even his Tire is heavy!
- Chest Blaster: His Tire essentially functions as one for Drive.
- Informed Attribute: It is supposed to be a Type Technic-esque Shift Car, yet Kamen Rider Drive only used it as Type Speed.
- Mundane Utility: Works with Colorful Commercial to carry out 3D printing!
- Taken for Granite: Downplayed. Instead of directly turning its opponents into stone, it allows Drive to shot super-quick cement shots to hold them down.
Shift Massive Monster
Sound Effect: Roaring/Growling
- Dual Wielding: The Monster, which are individually named the Rush Face and Rush Fang.
- Improbable Weapon User: The Monster seems to be inspired by a car boot.
- Informed Attribute: It is supposed to be a Type Wild-esque Shift Car, yet Kamen Rider Drive only used it as Type Speed.
- Lower-Deck Episode: Both he and Hunter will be the primary focus of a special DVD-exclusive episode.
- Man Bites Man: The equipment it provides simulate this.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Hunter. He might find him to be a stick in the mud, but Monster rescued Hunter when it counted.
- The Worf Effect: It's set up as a powerful and versatile Shift Car, but after a supremely successful premiere usage, its Rush Face, Rush Fang, and long tongue are completely ineffective against its subsequent battle against Chase.
Shift Dimension Cab
Sound Effect: Ding
- Attack Reflector: The first thing Cab did upon his return, doing this to send back Chaser's gunfire back onto him.
- Back in the Saddle: After six months since being incapacitated by 010, he was finally able to return to active duty thanks to Rinna.
- Bash Brothers: With Dream Vegas.
- Career-Ending Injury: During its and Vegas' fight with 010 during the Global Freeze, it got badly hurt by the Roidmude in question.
- Thinking Up Portals: Cab's main ability.
Shift Rumble Dump
Sound Effect: Loud horn blare
- Informed Attribute: The first Shift Car to avert it, as when Kamen Rider Drive tries to use it in Type Speed, he couldn't handle the chaotic drill well.
- Non-Indicative Name: Despite being designed and named after a dump truck, Dump instead gives Drive a drill weapon.
- This Is a Drill: The Rumble Smasher.
- Weapon Wields You: Unlike most examples of this trope, the Rumble Smasher took Shinnosuke as Type Speed Dump on a ride much like riding on a fire hose on full blast.
Shift Mad Doctor
Sound Effect: Ambulance's Siren
- Gradual Regeneration: According to Mr. Belt, Doctor's method of healing is speeding up Drive's own recovery process.
- Healing Factor: Using Doctor, one of Drive's Finishing Moves heals himself instead of attacking his enemies.
- Healing Shiv: It zaps Drive into healing him from poison. Also, Mr. Belt noted that Doctor's healing is a painful process, just before it started.
- When used in the Break Gunner, it does the same. This is likely due to Doctor speeding up the recipient's natural healing.
- Thankfully doesn't have this quality when part of the People Saver Tire, seeing as how it can safely be used on civilians with no pain at all.
- Informed Attribute: To a small extent compared to the other Shift Cars mentioned above. It is supposed to be a Type Wild-esque Shift Car, but it's never demonstrated how better Kamen Rider Drive used the Cure Quicker in Type Wild compared to Type Speed or when used by other riders.
- The Medic: The Cure Quicker.
- Name To Run Away From: Shinnosuke is quite clearly shaky about using this to heal his injuries due to the name of 'Mad Doctor'. His hesitation is right.
Shift Hooking Wrecker
Sound Effect: Foghorn
- Hell Is That Noise: Has by far the most unusual noise a Shift Car can make.
- Hooks and Crooks: The Capture Hook.
- Hooking Wrecker can also use its own hook to hook onto and bind something into place, such as the Open Roidmude.
- Mundane Utility: Hooking Wreaker's first appearance was hauling Mr. Belt over to Shinnosuke when the latter had accidentally grabbed the headgear part of the Density Shift Particle detection device.
Shift Burning Solar
Sound Effect: Shift Car chirping
- Birds of a Feather: He and Shinnosuke really get along, as they both like to lie down in the sun and relax.
- Blinded by the Light: As a Shift Car itself, it can use its light this way.
- Kiriko also did this to Shinnosuke.
- The Ghost: Not Solar himself, but rather he is the oldest Shift Car whose Tire has yet to appear onscreen.
- Light 'em Up: How Solar can use the energy stored inside his body as.
- Power of the Sun: It needs solar energy to use its light later on.
Shift Fire Braver
Sound Effect: Firetruck siren
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: Fire Braver, who will rush right toward a fire, tiny car or not
- Improbable Weapon User: The Ladder Extender, though it doesn't seem to be used directly in a fight. It can grab things, and act as a third arm for Drive.
- Kill It with Water: Like any good fire truck, Fire Braver can fight fires with some sort of foam.
Shift Rolling Gravity
Sound Effect: Gravel/Rocks being crushed
- Boring, but Practical: Rinna reveals that triggering its ability by itself causes it to fire a beam that drastically increases the gravity around a target. The area of effect isn't as large, it can only affect one target at a time, and the attack requires the beam be fired continuously to maintain the pressure, but it's far simpler and easier to implement than swinging (and lobbing) the 10-ton Weight around.
- The Engineer: In a sense. Gravity is the one that makes the roads that all Shift Cars travel on.
- Gravity Master: He bestows this power upon Drive.
- Improbable Weapon User: Has by far the weirdest weapon choice Drive has yet to offer: a weight called the 10-ton Weight. If it hits the ground, the entire area around that spot becomes localized with ten times normal gravity.
- Informed Attribute: Then they reveal that Fire Braver (and presumably all the Shift Cars) can fly, rendering this role somewhat redundant apart from being used to trip up enemies and obstruct their attacks.
- Mighty Glacier: Out of all of Drive's forms, this is the mightiest of glaciers: incredible offensive power, but the slowest form Drive has.
Shift Deco Traveller / NEXT Deco Traveller
Sound Effect: Dramatic Japanese music, Shift Car chirping
- The Big Guy: Is strong enough to quickly drag away an unconscious Shinnosuke with his chains.
- Bioluminescence Is Cool: He can light himself up when needed.
- Boogie Knights: Can play Enka music.
- Brought to You by the Letter "S": On the sides of Deco Traveller are kanji for Denkou Sekka, which literally translates to "Lightning Speed".
- There are also kanji on the roof of Traveller's back section. The pronunciation of these kanji is "Doraibu", which literally translates to "Angry Gauze Authoritative Warrior".
- It's even present on the Drive Driver, where the emblem takes the form of the kanji for "light".
- Japanese Delinquents: Traveller's design and powers give very strong vibes relating to this trope.
- Not So Different: Traveller and Genpachiro, as both would be considered "relics" in the modern age.
- Triangle Shades: His front resembles a face, with the windshield forming such sunglasses.
- Variable-Length Chain: He can create seemingly endless amounts of chains out of his body, which Traveller has used to pull Shinnosuke to safety.
Shift Road Winter
Sound Effect: Cracking ice
- An Ice Person: His main power, as well as being able to bestow it unto Drive as Type Technic Winter.
- Badass Adorable: Along with the cracking ice sound for his horn, the little guy sneezes every time he honks. Still doesn't stop him from releasing ice cold air fast enough to extinguish an explosion in seconds.
- Chest Blaster: The Frostreamer makes good use of the centralised tire placement, behaving like this trope.
- Freeze Sneeze: He sneezes constantly, despite or because of his ice powers.
Shift Colorful Commercial
Sound Effect: Mall Announcement Bell
- Hologram: His power is hologram projection, which he had demonstrated this to fake Shinnosuke and Mr. Belt's demise during the aftermath of Drive's first fight with the Heart Roidmude.
- Mundane Utility: Helps Spin Mixer using its hologram as a base to carry out 3D printing.
- Product Placement: Commercial seems to parody this, as the sides and front of this Shift Car are pictures of Tridoron.
Shift Amazing Circus
Sound Effect: Clown Honking, Cartoony Bounce
- Eagleland: Previously was stationed in America.
- Fantastic Fireworks: It created a stage to make Mach's introduction flashy, complete with these.
- In the Name of the Moon: It helped with Kamen Rider Mach's introduction by enhancing his effects.
The Shift Pit CrewThree special Shift Cars with formula bodies that are meant to be the crew for Shift Formula, keeping it ready for battle, as well as being Type Formula's equipment. The last gift to Rinna from Prof. Hendrickson, the plans for these Shift Cars came along with the needed information for the Trailer Cannon's completion.
Shift Mantarn F01 | Sound Effect: Engine roarA formula car/gas tank hybrid. Fuels Type Formula to keep it running properly, and as an added effect, the fuel manages to increase its already impressive speed.
- Combat Medic: Is one of three for Type Formula. If Drive's feeling tuckered out, a little of Mantarn's Resurrection Fuel will pick him right up.
- Energy Ball: During Drive's fight with Freeze in #32, Type Formula Mantarn was shown to able to throw highly explosive energy balls that made a lot of flames.
- Playing with Fire: Mantarn can make a circular drive to create a fiery vortex. This technique was used to warm Kamen Rider Drive up from the Freeze Roidmude's powers. At least until Freeze overpowered Mantarn.
- Up to Eleven: What Mantarn does to Formula's speed. He even gains the ability to perform jumps and movements like Gou does normally!
Shift Jacky F02 | Sound Effect: Robotic whirringA formula car/floor jack hybrid. Arms Drive with a wrist mounted jack that Drive can use as a weapon to push/smash foes away or into other things, like walls.
- The Big Guy: Jacky is easily the strongest of the Pit Crew.
- Combat Medic: Downplayed, but still one of three for Type Formula. Rather than directly contributing to fixing Type Formula, Jacky jacks Drive up to allow for the others to repair/tune him.
Shift Sparner F03 | Sound Effect: Robotic beepingA formula car/combination wrench hybrid. Arms Drive with a wrist mounted wrench/claw weapon that can spin for greater damage and to act as a drill. However, Sparner is also able to take apart and repair Type Formula's armor and engine to make Shinnouske feel refreshed even after being strained from the g-forces when using Type Formula.
- Combat Medic: The last of the three for Type Formula. When not used as a weapon, Sparner can disassemble Type Formula's armor and work on his engine, as well as the rest of his body, to restore both energy and functionality to Drive.
- The Smart Guy: Sparner appears to be the smartest of the Pit Crew, especially when he's in charge on fixing Formula Drive's insides.
- This Is a Drill Claw: The Sparner F03 Tire's Grasper Claw, when throttled in the Shift Brace.
Sound Effect: Deep toned/big rig horn
- The Big Guy: Obviously. He moves slowly, but his shots pack a punch, even when in normal form. Also, unlike the other cars, the Trailer Cannon drives on a three lane road.
- Blue Is Heroic: Shares the same shade of deep blue as Shift Formula.
- Finishing Move: One that is called the Trailer Impact. To activate it in Type Formula, Drive has to insert Shift Formula into the topmost section of the Cannon and load two Shift Cars (usually any two of the three Pit Crew Shift Cars) into the barrel before firing a stream of energy at the target to blow them to Kingdom come. When Type Tridoron does it, Drive places any transformation-grade Shift Car that is not Shift Formula into the topmost section of the Cannon before activating the Shift Tridoron Car and inserting it into the barrel so that he may fire Tridoron itself at the target.
- Hand Cannon: Paired with Shift Formula, as it is carried to Drive inside of the larger vehicle. As such, it is used with Type Formula.
- Running Gag: Shinnosuke keeps commenting on how slowly Trailer moves.
- Wave-Motion Gun: Uses this trope when it's time to use the Trailer Impact.
Viral CoresViral Cores are devices similar to the Shift Cars that are used by the Roidmudes to evolve them from their weaker Low-Class forms into their stronger Advanced forms. These come in three animal-based types that match the Roidmudes, Bat, Cobra, and Spider. In Chaser's case, he uses a trio of specialized Chaser Viral Cores that allow him to change into his Tune Chaser forms, arming him with a weapon specialized for each form. When 001 returns to the scene, he creates Neo Viral Cores, red-hued Viral Cores to allow a new branch of evolution to Roidmudes.
- All Your Powers Combined: Triple Tune, which fuses the three Armed Chaser weapons into a single combo form.
- Chrome Champion: The Chaser Viral Cores.
- Combat and Support: Mainly support.
- Cool Car: With Animal Motifs!
- Evil Knock Off: Chaser's Viral Cores are a rare three-fold version as they have been reverse-engineered to act more like typical Shift Cars; the inventions that Banno bastardized to create the conventional Viral Cores.
- It Can Think: Episode 21 reveals that Chaser Viral Cores have just as much intelligence as the Shift Cars, as Chaser Bat flew to Chaser to alert him that the officers are looking for him for questioning. All three of them defected with him and even attack Gold Drive to help Mach avenge Chase.
- Robot Buddy: Just like the Shift Cars/Signal Bikes, though for the bad guys.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: After Mashin Chaser's last appearance, the Chaser Viral Cores are nowhere to be seen. They finally show up again in Gou's final battle with Gold Drive to help avenge Chase.
- Automatic Crossbow: The Wing Sniper.
- Bat Out of Hell
- Diving Kick: The Execution Bat finisher, surprisingly enough.
- Power Gives You Wings: While all three weapons start out as demonic looking wings when summoned, the Wing Sniper can shift back to form them, to allow Mashin Chaser to fly.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent
- Detachment Combat: The Execution Cobra finisher, which makes the Tail Whipper jump off of Chaser to maul the opponent.
- Poisonous Person: While not as obvious, the tip of the Whipper seems to cause more damage then it should, signifying that it indeed "bites" into a foe, though it does not appear to leave lasting effects.
- Whip It Good: The Tail Whipper.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: The Fang Spidey.
- Book-Ends: Chaser Spider was the first Chaser Viral Core to be used by Mashin Chaser. Prior to the advent of Kamen Rider Chaser, it is also the last Chaser Viral Core to be used.
- Spiders Are Scary
Rhino Super/Shift Viral CoreA unique Viral Core created by the Angel Roidmude for Chase so that he would be able to fight after her Feather Circuit tampered with his programming to prevent him from becoming Kamen Rider Chaser.
- Golden Super Mode: Turns Mashin Chaser into Super Mashin Chaser, which is his equivalent to a Super Evolution Roidmude.
- Drunk on the Dark Side: Super Mashin Chaser is unnervingly brutal and vicious in his fighting style, and Chase is very impressed by its power.
- Super Mode: Provides one for Mashin Chaser, and as Shift Viral Core, it gives Mach his own version of Type Super Dead Heat.
- Transformation Trinket: Lets Chase become Super Mashin Chaser. Later, its remnants are recycled for Shift Viral Core to let Gō become Mach: Type Super Dead Heat.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: After Chase used it to remove Angel's feather, it was never seen again.
- Subverted when it appears in Kamen Rider Drive: ~Mach Saga~, revealed to have been reverse-engineered into the source of Mach's Super Dead Heat form.
- With Great Power Comes Great Insanity: Chase's fighting style is... disturbing, to say the least, when he first becomes Super Mashin Chaser.
Signal BikesMiniature motorcycles used by Second Rider Kamen Rider Mach, as well as Kamen Rider Chaser. Like Drive, equipping them in the Mach Driver grants Mach different abilities through a "Signal Exchange". Like their Shift Car counterparts, each has a unique design, and each has a different Signal sign on their back tire. Unlike the Shift Cars however, each Bike is named for the specific signal that it represents.
- Artificial Stupidity: Unlike the Shift Cars, the Signal Bikes' use of their own abilities can be... detrimental. Interestingly, this seems to be somehow negated if a Bike happens to be accompanied by a Shift Car.
- Cool Bike: You know it.
- The Ditz: Lovable mini-bikes, but they are definitely lacking in the A.I. department.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Gou is brainwashed into working for the Roidmudes, yet is still able to transform into Mach with the help of the Signal Bikes. Despite knowing what he's doing is wrong, their loyalty to Gou takes top priority.
- Robot Buddy: To Gou. They can even take pictures while he's busy or fighting. Not with their own megapixel lenses and SD cards, but by operating his camera for him.
- Transformation Trinket: Allows Gou to transform into Mach.
Signal ChaserThe primary Signal Bike of Chase/Chaser. It is used in the Mach Driver Honoh to transform the user into Kamen Rider Chaser, and can be slotted into a weapon like the Signal Axe to initiate its Full Throttle. Is a near exact match of Chase's Rider Machine, the Ride Chaser.
- Bequeathed Power: Just before dying, Chase gave it to Gō, who then used its power to become Chaser Mach and avenge his murder.
- Conditional Powers: It is implied that it can only be used by someone with the proper mental state and/or connection to its primary user, Chase, as Shinnosuke was unable to use it in Surprise Future and Gō used it after swearing to avenge Chase's death at Banno's hands. It was also unavailable to said primary user when his base programming was modified by the Angel Roidmude to give him a human's emotional capacity.
- Super Mode: Gō inserts it into his Driver while already transformed into Mach to transform into Chaser Mach, even more powerful than Type Tridoron.
- Tragic Keepsake: After the finale, Gō keeps this Signal bike with him and embarks on a journey to somehow restore Chase to life with it.
- Transformation Trinket: Allows Chase to transform into Kamen Rider Chaser.
Signal Magarl (Turn)
- Artificial Stupidity: Has a habit of constantly turning in 90 degrees if you don't give it directions.
- Bizarre and Improbable Ballistics: When equipped by Mach, he can shoot distorted and curved shots. Not the first time we've seen this either.
- This happens whenever Mach hits the Boost Ignitor button, with four times making it curve sharper and home in faster.
Signal Kikern (Danger)
- Man Bites Man: The Zenrin Shooter fires out a tiny bullet...that grows into a larger one and it chomps whatever unlucky soul Mach fired it at.
- "Psycho" Strings: The Mach Driver plays some when this Signal Exchange happens.
- Rule of Three: Revving up the Mach Driver four times while shooting the Zenrin Shooter's Hit Macher Full Throttle makes the Zenrin Shooter summon 3 giant red bullet beasts to maul the poor sod.
Signal Tomarle (Stop)
- Artificial Stupidity: Makes a habit of stopping itself by bumping into obstacles.
- The Paralyzer: The Zenrin Shooter's shots become these, being able to stun foes. Or act as a barrier, which freezes any non-energy based projectile. Like one of the Shoot Roidmude's original Blast Darts.
- It also freezes a flying opponent in place.
- This Looks Like a Job for Aquaman: Shinnosuke learned from experience that a Finishing Move is the only thing that could knock him out of Type Dead Heat. Which means that this Signal Bike's power is perfect.
Signal Kaksarn (Split)
- Beam Spam: When equipped by Mach, he can release a torrent of blasts to either hit targets all around him or hit a single foe with a hail of fire, by hitting the Boost Ignitor button once. Four times makes larger-sized blasts, but in tradeoff makes the attack shorter.
- Blue Is Heroic: Kaksarn's color scheme.
- Rapid-Fire Fisticuffs: Its rendition of the Beat Macher Full Throtttle.
Signal Bike Shift CarFirst, there are Shift Cars to be used by Kamen Rider Drive. Then, there are Signal Bikes used by Kamen Rider Mach. The creators of both collaborated together to create a hybrid to be used by both Kamen Rider Drive and Kamen Rider Mach to change their forms.
Shift Dead Heat
- Battle Aura: A trait exhibited when the "Dead Zone" state is entered, just like Heart himself.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: Inverted order-wise, where if slotted into the Mach Driver Honoh, it will announce "Signal Bike Shift Car!" to state what kind of vehicles it represents.
- Cool Sidecar: Being a combination of Drive's motif and Mach's motif, this being Shift Dead Heat's motif is the natural conclusion.
- Lightning Bruiser: Makes Drive one, and Mach even more of it. In fact, when Mach uses the Dead Zone, he becomes incredibly fast!
- Mid-Season Upgrade: One of two for Drive.
- My Master, Right or Wrong: Together with the Signal Bikes, it helped Gou despite knowing he's going against the heroes.
- Power Copying:
- Dead Heat's draw is that it allows the Riders to copy Heart's Super Mode, "Dead Zone", allowing them to overclock their abilities, though at the cost of potentially losing control.
- Also, Mach can use Drive's Tire Exchanges outside of merely changing the shots of his Zenrin Shooter. This is shown in #24, where Kiriko hurriedly inserted Mad Doctor into his Mach Drive Honoh to use its Cure Quicker.
- Super Mode: More of a Mid-Season Upgrade for Drive, but Goh's hotheaded stubbornness and his realization of his strength makes him say he doesn't need any more upgrades. Paired with the fact that Goh can use the Dead Zone to its fullest potential, and it's definitely his most powerful form until the finale.
- Transformation Trinket: Allows Shinnosuke and Gou to transform into their respective Dead Heat forms.
- Weapon Wields You: Offers incredible power by utilizing Heart's devastating Dead Zone ability, but when the power reader reaches its breaking point, the Riders have no control over their own suits until someone hits them with a finishing move, allowing them to be able to remove Shift Dead Heat from their possession. Finally Averted with Mach, when he overcomes this issue in episode 24.
Tridoron KeyThe key to the Tridoron, which can summon said Cool Car to the user's location with the press of a button. Mr. Belt stored battle data in it regarding Drive's fights. When Shinnosuke failed to use Signal Chaser in Chase's Mach Driver, he did some quick thinking and used the Tridoron Key instead to transform into Type Super Dead Heat. Later, it is absorbed into Dark Drive's Driver, allowing Krim Steinbelt's mind to be restored into its AI.
- Battle Aura: Like Type Dead Heat, using Heart's "Dead Zone" ability displays this trope.
- Bread, Eggs, Breaded Eggs: Played with. Unlike Shift Dead Heat, the Tridoron Key is neither a Shift Car nor a Signal Bike, yet the Mach Driver announces it as both when inserted.
- Non-Indicative Name:
- You'd expect Type Super Dead Heat to be more powerful than Type Dead Heat, but it's not.
- When the Tridoron Key is inserted into the Mach Driver, the belt announces, "Signal Bike! Shift Car!" exactly like it would for Shift Dead Heat, despite the Tridoron Key being neither of those things.
- Power Copying:
- Like the regular Type Dead Heat, Type Super Dead Heat allows Drive to mimic Heart's "Dead Zone" Super Mode.
- Mr. Belt says that the Tridoron Key has combat data from Drive's battles backed up into it, so it presumably did this trope to some degree in order to give him Type Super Dead Heat.
- Power Up Letdown: Statistically speaking, this is Drive's weakest form ever. Even the incomplete Zero-Drive from Super Movie War Genesis is more powerful than Type Super Dead Heat.
- Red Is Heroic: In appearance, Type Super Dead Heat is a red repaint of Mashin Chaser with Type Speed's helmet.
- Soul Jar: For Mr. Belt, as he backed himself up into it in case the Drive Driver was tampered with and needed to be replaced.
- Super Mode: Subverted. Although the name "Super Dead Heat" would indicate that it should be an upgrade to the regular Type Dead Heat, supplementary information shows that its statistics are not only inferior to Type Dead Heat, but to every other form Drive has used as well. Considering how much Shinnosuke struggled against the Future Roidmudes and Dark Drive in this form, it's not hard to believe.
- Transformation Trinket: A temporary one for Shinnosuke.
- Fusion Dance: Its basis is the Ride Crosser, a Fusion Dance between Mach's and Chaser's respective motorcycles. It presumably gives Mach the combined power of himself and Chaser, just as the Chaser Mach form before it, but unlike Chaser Mach, Mach Chaser is not a kit-bash.
- Soul Jar: Quite possibly one for Chase, who is able to temporarily possess his human template whenever the latter is holding it.
- Super Mode: Accesses Mach Chaser, which combines the powers of Kamen Rider Mach and Kamen Rider Chaser.
- Transformation Trinket: Lets Mach become Mach Chaser.