Phantom Blood (DIO) | Battle Tendency (Joseph Joestar) | Stardust Crusaders (Jotaro Kujo | Jean-Pierre Polnareff) | Diamond is Unbreakable (Heroes) | Vento Aureo a.k.a. "Golden Wind" (Team Bucciarati) | Stone Ocean | Steel Ball Run | JoJolion | One-Shot Characters | Spinoff Characters
This is the sheet for characters who appear in spinoff material. Because the primary creators of these works are not Araki himself, these characters may be considered non-canon.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: The Genesis of Universe
Absalom (Stand: Satanic Coupler)A mercenary hired by DIO to attack the Crusaders. His Stand is Satanic Coupler, a hellish and incredibly durable train.
Michal (Stand: Dark Mirage)Absalom's sister. Her Stand is Dark Mirage, which can create mirages and make them real.
- The Speechless: Is mute due to throat wounds she sustained in a train accident.
The Scribe Ani (Stand: Ptah)A mummy-like immortal servant to DIO. His stand is Ptah, also known as The Book of Genesis or The Genesis of Universe. Ptah is a history book, and can turn its contents into reality, whether it be historical or legend.
GioGio's Bizarre Adventure 2: Golden Heart, Golden Ring
Coniglio (Stand: The Cure)A 17-year old Italian girl who has issues controlling her stand, The Cure. The Cure is a rabbit that can heal physical wounds, illness and emotional distress, growing bigger as it does so. If it absorbs too much pain it goes berserk, and grows stronger the more it is damaged.
Rigatoni (Stand: Public Image Limited)A Passione hitman whose existence is known by only a few in the organization. He specializes in assassinating stand users and is known as the "Stand Killer." He is retired by the start of the story, but accepts a job from Sogliola so he can face off against Mista.His stand is Public Image Limited, which he integrates with a sniper rifle bullet. Once the bullet hits a Stand user, it absorbs energy on contact. The more successful shots, the more energy it can store, allowing Rigatoni to possibly quadruple its speed and increase its damage and penetration.
Sogliola Lopez (Stand: Joy Division)A Passione capo who is ordered by Diavolo to execute Bucciarati's group. His Stand is Joy Division, which can swap objects he touches with his right and left hands.
- The Chessmaster: Flawlessly executes an intricate plan that nearly kills the gang.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 4th Another Day
Takuma Hasumi (Stand: The Book)A high school student seeking revenge against his father. His Stand is The Book, a book that contains all of his memories.
- Archnemesis Dad: Takuma deeply hates his biological father Teruhiko for letting his mother Akari to die between two buildings, so he spends several years plotting his revenge against him.
- Best Served Cold: Takuma's revenge against Teruhiko and his accomplice Hanae takes years of investigation and seduction of Chiho to come to fruition. Takuma has planned his every moves so it hurts Teruhiko as much as possible.
- Birthmark of Destiny: Takuma and his father Teruhiko share a horse-shaped mark on their shoulders, and Takuma's mark is a birthmark.
- BrotherSister Incest: Knowingly seduced his half-sister, Chiho, so he could hurt his father, even though he was disgusted with himself.
- Cursed with Awesome: Takuma has an eidetic memory, but that doesn't mean he's a genius. It means that he cannot forget any bad blood between him and his former friends, and he cannot concentrate on anything because of a constant flow of memories resurfacing. It was so bad Takuma attempted suicide several times and only the apparition of The Book calmed his mind.
- Driven to Suicide: Several times Takuma attempts suicide, first because of his eidetic memory which The Book thankfully permitted to control, and finally after Josuke defeats him and he doesn't have anything to live for anymore.
- Heart Is an Awesome Power: Once again, a seemingly harmless Stand is used with imagination to surprising and lethal effects. The Book is a record of Takuma's life and can make people relive Takuma's memories. However, he can use it on himself to learn any skill like knife throwing at an accelerated pace, and then Takuma can make people relive the time he was hit by a car or when he fell from several stories, without the memory of him being treated by doctors, then he can even kill them in one move. Case in point, Takuma manages to beat Okuyasu and nearly defeats Josuke despite his Stand being a simple book.
- Photographic Memory
- The Unfettered: Willing to do anything in pursuit of revenge, from murder to manipulating his half-sister into a relationship with him. He does feel some guilt for his actions though.
- Villain Protagonist: Takuma is the protagonist of the story, but also its villain, whom Josuke and co. are trying to catch.
- What Is This Thing You Call "Love"?: Takuma finds himself unable to truly love his half-sister (if not in the romantic sense, at least in a familial sense), at most having some affection for her.
- Your Mind Makes It Real: The Book is able to make people relive one of Takuma's memories, and the body is fooled to the point it will change to reflect the memory. It can be very dangerous if your body begins to think it has been hit by a speeding car.
Chiho FutabaAn aspiring novelist researching Morioh's landmarks for ideas. She lives with her father, Teruhiko, who spoils her. She also falls in love with Takuma Hasumi, who unbeknownst to her is her half-brother.
- Bookworm: Loves reading and writing. Childrens' books are her favorite.
- BrotherSister Incest: Takuma and Chiho develop a relationship, and Chiho even becomes pregnant with Takuma's child. However, Chiho didn't know their blood relation until she was pregnant, and Takuma was purposefuly seducing her despite his disgust, all to take his revenge.
- Babies Ever After: In the epilogue, Chiho reveals that she is pregnant with Takuma's child, whom she is planning to give birth to.
- Rescue Romance: Chiho was saved by an unknown student from a mugger several years before the events of the book and her savior became her idol. Chiho develops a friendship and then a romance with Takuma because she learns that Takuma is her savior. What she doesn't know is that it was a ploy from Takuma himself made to make her fall in love with him.
- Someone to Remember Him By: Even after finding out the Takuma is her half-brother, she decides to keep her baby so that Takuma wouldn't have entirely wasted his life.
Akari HiraiTakuma's biological mother.
- And I Must Scream: Akari Hirai is trapped in the space between two buildings, which is so narrow she can't even stretch her arms out. Because of a fence and another building blocking the sides, plus Teruhiko's Stand making everyone not notice Akari, she spends several months in here with nothing to do and the only thing that kept her sanity intact was the hope of escaping it.
- Hope Spot: During her imprisonment, Akari sees a cat and manages to tie a paper to it, hoping that someone would find her location. However it's revealed that the cat's owner is Teruhiko's accomplice, and that Teruhiko used the cat precisely to make Akari hope for something and not go mad from despair.
Teruhiko Futaba (Stand: Memory Of Jet)A corrupt architect who's swindled millions of yen. His Stand is Memory Of Jet, which can wipe a target from people's perception.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: When Akari had met Teruhiko, he looked like a genuinely good-natured architect who wanted to help Morioh develop. Soon after, Akari discovers that Teruhiko has swindled millions of yens from his projects, and was murdered for this discovery.
- Doting Parent: To his daughter, Chiho.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Teruhiko is a horrible person, but he genuinely adores his daughter Chiho. Takuma targets her precisely because it will hurt Teruhiko the most.
Purple Haze Feedback
Sheila E (Stand: Voodoo Child)
One of Giorno's personal bodyguards after he takes over Passione. She is sent to assist Fugo with taking out Passione's former narcotics team.
Her Stand is Voodoo Child, which can place lips on locations it punches. These lips repeat whatever was said near those locations. If Voodoo Child punches someone, then the lips will repeat that person's deepest secret, causing emotional damage and possibly death depending on the target's mental strength.
- Action Girl: She essentially has Moody Blues's power, if it was able to actually fight and had its recording functions limited to audio only.
- Kiai: Notable for being the only spin-off novel character who has a Stand cry, which is "Erierierierieri..!"
- Lethal Harmless Powers: Voodoo Child can make lips grow into any surface it touches. It is surprisingly lethal because if Voodoo Child hits someone, the appearing lips will repeat the victim's darkest secrets, causing a fatal psychic shock.
- Revenge: Her initial reason for joining Passione was to avenge the death of her sister by Illuso's hands, but she's calmed down ever since Giorno told her that Fugo was the one to take him out.
- Stripperific: She's about as modestly dressed as Trish is.
Cannolo Murolo (Stand: All Along the Watchtower)
The Passione Data Analysis Team Supervisor. He is part of the team sent after Passione's former narcotics team.
His Stand is All Along the Watchtower, an animate deck of cards that divines information. Actually, they just hide and spy on anything of interest.
- Death Dealer: Downplayed. While All Along Watchtower manifests as a deck of cards, they have an uncharacteristically low offensive capability compared to other swarm Stands.
- Edible Theme Naming: The only one in Purple Haze Feedback to be named after food; Cannoli (plural of cannolo) are rolled-up pastries that are deep-fried and filled with ricotta, a type of cheese.
- Grumpy Old Man: Even though he's thirty.
- Hidden Depths: He was a petty Manipulative Bastard only out for himself but meeting Giorno made him ashamed of his former self, although he doesn't show this to anyone.
- Knowledge Broker: Information is power, and finding out what that information is is a key skill that All Along Watchtower provides. The enormous range of this Stand allows Murolo to spy on anyone and anything, allowing him to easily track down the Narcotics Team and find out normally restricted information; his confidence in his knowledgeable status has lead to him growing overconfident and amoral in his place in Passione's hierarchy in the past.
- No-Sell: Thanks to how his Stand splits into 53 cards, Murolo can tank almost any attack induced by a Stand as the damage is split in one fifty-third. It allows him to walk unscathed despite Night Bird Flying inflicting the symptoms of withdrawal into him and absorb the damage reflection of Dolly Dagger.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: All Along The Watchtower looks like a set of playing cards who simply divine information in an obscure and unreliable way; Hermit Purple, the "weakest Stand" of Part 3 had faster and less cryptic divination, in addition to being shown to perform tasks outside this specialization like functioning as rope. However, it is revealed they are simpler and more efficient than thought. Since they are cards, they can hide anywhere and simply spy for Murolo by hiding near subjects of interest. Murolo simply pretends they divine information to throw off enemies.
- Personality Powers: He suggests that Colony-type Stands — Bad Company, Harvest, Metallica, and his own All Along Watchtower — are produced as a result of being The Unfettered.
- The Paranoiac: Murolo is overly suspicious of everything, because he is wary of traitors and backstabbers and he himself fears being pinned as one by the new management. This is only a façade and Giorno already trusts him enough to go destroy the Stone Mask in his stead.
- Shout-Out: His haircut and eye markings make him resemble Alex DeLarge.
Massimo Volpe (Stand: Manic Depression)
Formerly the lead developer of Passione's narcotics team, he joined the gang after his family's debt increased significantly.
His Stand is Manic Depression, which can manipulate an organism's biological functions when it pierces it with its thorns. It can also convert any kind of powder-like substance into a powerful opiate, which eventually reverts to its original form after two weeks.
- Adaptation Origin Connection: Tonio Trussardi is his big brother, who changed his name and ran off overseas to cook against the wishes of their father, leaving Massimo behind.
- Arch-Enemy: To Fugo.
- Bad Powers, Bad People: Manic Depression's powers are practically the exact opposite of his brother's Pearl Jam. Pearl Jam can empower food to relieve illnesses and make those who consume its food healthier; Manic Depression can temporarily increase the biological powers of any living organism, but at a severe cost afterwards.
- Big Bad: Is the primary villain of Purple Haze Feedback.
- Bio Manipulation: Massimo's Manic Depression revolves around manipulating organic matter, to synthesize high-grade narcotics and also manipulate the body's functions. Massimo can also heal others, power his physical might to the point he can stop a speeding car and lift it, or make the heart beat to fast it explodes.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: Has a Purple Haze capsule burst directly onto his face; needless to say, his death followed shortly afterwards.
- Dragon Their Feet: In the narcotics team, he essentially plays second-in-command to the capo Vladimir, but the latter sacrifices himself to delay Fugo's team so that his subordinates can escape.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: He's fond of Angelica, and uses his Stand to relieve the symptoms of her illness.
- Fantastic Drug: The drugs that Manic Depression can create from salt. It can also essentially function as a Fantastic Steroid as well, drastically intensifying the bodily functions of a desired target but with long-term side effects.
- Hate at First Sight: Massimo mentions hating Fugo as soon as he first laid eyes on him despite his general apathy. It is because he thinks they were Not So Different as two teenagers not caring about others but Fugo pretending to care enraged him.
- Humanoid Abomination: Manic Depression looks awful. It's about the size and shape of a fetus, but all of its body is either disproportionately sized, covered in boils like it's in the process of melting, skeletal, or leaking some sort of vomit-like ooze.
- When He Smiles: Massimo is noted by Angelica to be beautiful when he smiles, although he's usually keeping a neutral face.
- Villainous Breakdown: Angelica's untimely death in front of Massimo makes the latter snap and go on a rampage to kill Fugo.
Angelica Attanasio (Stand: Night Bird Flying)
A member of Passione's old narcotics team, Angelica is a sickly drug addict, but is still rather chipper.
Her Stand is Night Bird Flying, a bird that can inflict fatal drug addiction onto targets so long as they are in range.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Absent-minded and spacey.
- Functional Addict: Downplayed. Manic Depression's drugs numb the pain of her illness, but she's gotten hooked on them as a result; she's still happier that she has them, even though she is kind of crazy.
- Ill Girl: Inflicted with an unknown terminal illness. It's supposedly bad enough that nothing can cure her, and that the Manic Depression drugs can only numb the pain, not stop it.
- Mass Hypnosis: Night Bird Flying can create mass delusion and make people fall under Angelica's control as part of its power of recreating the symptoms of drug withdrawal.
Vladimir Kocaqi (Stand: Rainy Day, Dream Away)
The capo of the Passione narcotics team. Raised during the second world war, he grew up to become a proud Sicilian, steeled by his past and living a life free of regret.
His Stand is Rainy Day, Dream Away, and it takes the form of light rain. If someone is feeling a certain emotion within Rainy Day, Dream Away, Vladimir can "lock" it so they can only feel that emotion.
- Battle in the Rain: Enforced by his Stand, which is the rain.
- Cool Old Guy: He may be a gangster, but he's gentle and wise and cares deeply for his team, spending time giving them sound counsels. His "The Reason You Suck" Speech tips Fugo toward his Character Development, Giorno respects him despite being the one who called for his death to start with, and Rainy Day, Dream Away was created and initially used because he wanted to give his dying sister the illusion that she survived and lived to old age.
- Emotion Control: Kocaqi's Rainy Day Dream Away can lock an emotion or thought a victim is currently having while inside its rain. For instance, if you ever feel out of balance, Vladimir will make it so you'll always be or inversely if you feel joy, Vladimir can trick you into thinking you've led a happy life until your death. It is so powerful even Diavolo didn't dare to cross Kocaqi and his team.
- Lotus-Eater Machine: Vladimir used Rainy Day Dream Away to give his dying little sister a semblance of happiness just as she was dying from a bullet wound.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Vladimir delivers one to Fugo, pointing out each of his flaws to his face and Fugo unconsciously takes it at heart.
- The Scream: Look closely at Rainy Day, Dream Away; each one of the raindrops is detailed with a screaming face.
Vittorio Cataldi (Stand: Dolly Dagger)
A member of the Passione narcotics team, and a crazy, masochistic thug.
His Stand is Dolly Dagger, a dagger that can reflect 70% of the damage its user takes onto the person reflected in its blade, while Vittorio himself takes the remaining 30%.
- Attack Reflector: Dolly Dagger reflects 70% of any damage into someone reflected by the blade. Vittorio uses it to lethal effects against Sale, but this ability falls flat against Murolo.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Covered from tip to toe in knife wounds, presumably self-inflicted by Dolly Dagger.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Vittorio can inflict this on others as Dolly Dagger reflects 70% of all damage done to him. Murolo inflicts this on Vittorio by returning Dolly Dagger's power against Vittorio as he simply can No-Sell damage.
- Knife Nut: Vittorio's signature weapon is his dagger which he uses to reflect attack, but he prefers to slice himself and reflect the damage into an opponent.
Joji JoestarA 15-year old detective from a parallel Earth. He goes to Morioh to investigate a murder, and gets tangled in a bizarre adventure.
- Alternate Self: Of Tsukumojuku Kato, of all people. Lacking the unnatural beauty of his counterpart in the Universe 37, he was adopted into Joestar family, instead of Kato. Because this broke Eternal Recurrence of events major time, entire universe has gone Off the Rails, resulting in the events of the book. Alternatively, he may be a counterpart of the Detective God Tsukumo Juku from the original JDC canon. Those two books are weird like that.
- The Chosen One: Was chosen by the Beyond to be protagonist of this story, along with the Jorge Joestar.
- Immune to Fate: By the virtue of not being Joestar by blood and being a Singularity, he is not the subject to the predestined flow of events, which allows him to ruin the plans of Dio Brando.
- Kid Detective
- Meaningful Name: "Jōji" is one of the names for the kanji iteration mark (々), which signalizes repeating the previous character while not in itself being / looking like the same character.
- Odd Friendship: With Kars, of all people.
- Reality Warper: By the nature of being chosen by the Beyond (author of the story), he can do anything and make anything happen, as long as he finds a plausible reason(s) for why it could or should happen.
- Spanner in the Works: Since he is adopted and does not share the blood of Joestars, he is not a subject to the divination power of "The Passion", which allows him to massively derail Dio's plans by virtue of not being accounted for in Dio's future predictions.
Tsukumojuku KatoJorge Joestar'snote best friend. Originating from the Otaro's earlier novel "Tsukumojuku", he somehow travels to Joji's dimension.
- Abusive Parents: MAJOR. TIME.
- Alternate Self: To the Detective God Tsukumo Juku from the original JDC canon.
- Bishōnen: So beautiful, he can make people faint with his looks alone (in the "Tsukumojuku" novel). At several points, he weaponizes it.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Does it several times in both "Tsukumojuku" and "Jorge Joestar". It is heavily related to the nature and power of Beyond.
- Evil Twin: Inverted. He is more sane counterpart of the Detective God Tsukumo Juku, who, after understanding the real power of Beyond, has become unhinged psychopath in the universe of the "Tsukumojuku" novel.
- Kid Detective
- Rage Against the Author: Happens over the course of the novel.
- Ridiculously Photogenic
- So Beautiful, It's a Curse: At many points in his childhood, he was mutilated by his caretakers, so they won't faint each time they look at him.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: At one point in the "Tsukumojuku" novel, after receiving stories from Ryūsui Seiryōinnote , a lot of events of which proved to be correct, he starts to suspect, that he is also just a character in the novel, and expresses his distaste towards what the writer put him through.
- The Woobie: He is abused for the most of his childhood. When he grows up, it does not end well for abusers.
Dija MakerA servant of DIO, Dija is the primary antagonist of the real-world event, JoJo's Bizarre Escape: The Hotel.
His Stand is House of Holy, which binds itself to a building and turns it into a maze.
- Beard of Evil: A brown, pointy goatee.
- Bizarrchitecture: The building House of Holy manifests in is constantly shifting.
- Escape Sequence: Once House of Holy traps someone, the only way they're getting out alive is to solve the Stand's puzzles.
- Faux Affably Evil: Polite and good-natured, but actually sly and cunning on the inside.
- Nigh Invulnerable: Physical attacks to House of Holy are ineffective.
- No Body Left Behind: Anyone who fails to escape House of Holy within an hour will disappear without a trace.
- Power Nullifier: Any Stand user sealed inside House of Holy loses the use of their Stand until they find it within the building itself.