Second-Age Heroes | Second-Age Villains | Fourth-Age Heroes (Pillars of Equestria, Sisterhood of Magical Fillies [Dazzling Divas]) | Fourth-Age Villains (Tyrannos Pantheon, Children of Ispita, The Shadowed Ones, Tribalists, Autorists, Hydianites) | The Grand Primevals | Amaredae | Equestrian Pantheon | Breezie Pantheon | Diamond Dog Pantheon | Gremlin Pantheon | Bogolenya Deer Pantheon (Belyolen, Temnobog, The Four Terrors) | Abyssinian Pantheon | Church of the Stars (Golden Scepter) | Poenan Pantheon | Hoyklan Deer Pantheon | Elternteil Deer Pantheon | Minotaur Pantheon | Jotunn Pantheon | Tauren Giant Pantheon | Draconic Pantheon | Shinseina Pantheon | Dharmadeshvar Pantheon | Zebrafrican Pantheon | Old Orosian Pantheon | Pramanthan Pantheon | Great Skunk Pantheon | Sauropodian Pantheon | Novellus Pantheon | Unaffiliated Deities (Blue Suede Heartstrings) | Principalities of Equestria (Canterlot, Ponyville) | Sunnytown | Grittish Isles | Crystal Empire | Luchalibre | Alvslog Deer Realms | Erobreseg Deer Realms | Nordskelt Deer Realms | Abyssinia | The Storm Empire | Terran Empire (Fanged Paw, Crimson Star, Steel Barricade, Written Word) | The Changeling Courts (Spring Court, Summer Court, Autumn Court, Winter Court) | Kulesian-Mazlander Commonwealth | The Cloven Empire | Friendship Gardens | Hyrule | Machina | Neighpon | Imperium of Ponykind | Kerajaan Cahaya | Sauropoda | Hybrid Haven | Meridia | Dragonflights | Giants | Mephitidia | Mousikós | Alicorn Civilization | The Visitors | Creatures and Monsters | Historical and Mythical Characters
Kerajaan CahayaThe Kingdom of Kerajaan Cahaya is located in the Glimmering Isles, known for being a refuge for Sparkle Ponies who were either persecuted or experimented on for having a mutation.
open/close all folders
- Advanced Ancient Acropolis: The original version was this, being one of the major kingdoms of the Second Age. The modern version is on par with the rest of the world, but shows many unique and interesting technologies. Despite its advancements and achievements, however, both incarnations of the kingdoms never became bloated with pride for them, largely thanks to the efforts of Queen Dazzleglow, who wanted to prevent Kerajaan Cahaya from falling into the same traps that doomed other kingdoms and civilizations.
- Fantastic Racism: Defied and averted. While the majority of its population consist of Sparkle Ponies, it also welcomes those of different races, who are able to live and work together with the locals in harmony. Dazzleglow believes this is also part of the reason great civilizations perpetuate "The Cycle" - when one lets bigotry and hatred color their perceptions of others, they are doomed to failure. This also extends to the Church of the Stars' pantheon, whose members are diverse and consist of one Nightmarified Alicorn clone (Luminiferous), one divine dragon (Arcaniss), and five Alicorns (Dazzleglow, Brightglow, Jiniri, Merula, Sparkling Wing, and Golden Scepter).
- Fantasy Metals: Star Steel, or Kerajaan Adamantium, is a staple of the country, used in many of their weapons and armor. It's also a major export, though its source is staunchly kept a secret by Dazzleglow so it wouldn't fall into the wrong hooves.
- Frickin' Laser Beams: The Star Beam, a weapon utilizing Star Steel to collect light and turn it into a laser beam.
- The Good Kingdom: The once-and-present kingdom of Queen Dazzleglow is a place dedicated to good and unity, and welcomes people of all races and standings into its territory. Because of Dazzleglow's desire to break the Cycle, Kerjaan Cahaya is a utopia where unsavory traits such as racism and pride are almost completely non-existent, since Dazzleglow sees those traits as being responsible for the constant rise and fall of great nations/civilizations.
- Gravity Master: One of the subgroups of Sparkle Ponies can manipulate personal gravity and that of anything they're holding. This is utilized in the Gravity Bazooka.
- Half-Human Hybrid: A large part of its population are Sparkle Ponies, who are implied to be alien hybrids, including its rulers, Dazzleglow and her younger sister Brightglow.
- Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: A majority of Kerajaan Cahaya's population contains Sparkle Ponies, which are the products of affairs between Celestial Pony "Visitors" and the mortal Pony mares of Equus they fell in love with. Even those who immigrated to Kerajaan Cahaya are also hybrids, such as Legates Anela (half-Nature Giant, half-Giant of Light) and Stellar Scents (half-Sparkle Pony, half-Perfume Pony).
- Look on My Works, Ye Mighty, and Despair!: Subverted and defied. Despite being a very advanced kingdom both in the Second and Fourth Ages, the residents of Kerajaan Cahaya promote friendship and unity. Dazzleglow cites this trope as what partly perpetuates "The Cycle"; when a kingdom or race seeks to dominate others and/or prove itself superior to others, it is doomed to failure. According to her, it happened in the past where she came from, and she seeks to end it by preaching friendship and unity. Notably, Kerajaan Cahaya did fall during the Void Aeon, though it was due to the Void Sovereign, not its own failings.
- Matriarchy: Enlightened type. Both Kerajaan Cahaya and the Glimmering Isles are ruled by Queen Dazzleglow and her sisters (at least, those who decided to remain on Equus to guide its mortal population rather than "returning to their father" among the stars). However, males are still treated with equal standing in both the kingdom and pantheon, with Star Echo, a Sparkle Pony unicorn stallion and Head Priest/Cleric of the Church of the Stars, serving as a stand-in for Dazzleglow and her sisters where his position and word are treated as equal to hers (unless overridden). Its local pantheon contains a gender-balance between divine males and females, and even though Dazzleglow is the leader of said pantheon, she credits her "Visitor" father for the idea (which technically makes him the Top God and founder fo the Church of the Stars), and male members are given equal standing among their female peers.
- Politically Active Princess: Dazzleglow's sister, Princess Brightglow, is a skilled diplomat, and Princess Stitching Time is quite active herself, with one of her duties being the overseer of Time itself alongside Ourophion, the Time Primeval.
- Screw Destiny: The dogma of the Church of the Stars' religion preaches the idea of letting go of grudges and biases in order to unify as one and reach for the stars. This would ensure that their civilization would never be touched by the "rise and fall" cycle that has plagued so many other great nations.
- Supernatural Elite: Kerajaan Cahaya is ruled by Queen Dazzleglow, an Alicorn goddess, though her younger sister, Brightglow, and Dazzleglow's student, Stitching Time, both share a similarly high degree of political power and affluence as Alicorn Princesses. The Church of the Stars is heralded by its Head Priest/Cleric, a magically powerful unicorn named Star Echo, and the Church's pantheon are regarded as its highest religious authorities. In addition, a few divine members of the Church's pantheon are legitimate rulers of their own realms/empires, and/or hail from royal backgrounds, such as Merula, Golden Scepter, and Sparkling Wing.
- Sword Beam: One of their signature weapons are swords made out of Star Steel enchanted to be able to fire laser beams.
- We Have Become Complacent: Due to Dazzleglow's secrecy in regards to her real objectives, Temnobog, the Bogolenya god of Evil, assumes that Kerajaan Cahaya will eventually stagnate and become arrogant and indulgent, based on personal experiences with the Elternteil Deer pantheon, and the almost complete absence of Evil things in the kingdom that are necessary to motivate the people into being Good. However, to Temnobog's surprise, Dazzleglow reveals that the destruction of Evil itself is not her real goal - rather, she also seeks the destruction of "careless" Evil that Temnobog and his worshipers hate, and the breaking of the Cycle so everyone would be powerful enough to eventually fight the Void Sovereign when he comes.
Queen Dazzleglow, the Shining Queen of Kerajaan Cahaya
Princess Brightglow, the Stellar Diplomat
Alignment: Neutral Good
Faction: Church of the Stars
"Heed the stars, and know that the call is for us to be our best."
Star Echo is a Sparkle Pony unicorn who serves as Chief Priest for the Church of the Stars, and one of many champions for the kingdom of Kerajaan Cahaya. Born the descendant of Sparkle Ponies who lived during the Second Age, Star Echo was a graduate from Canterlot's School for Gifted Unicorns whose special talent lay in starlight-based magic. While he was mostly an astrologer, his quest for spirituality motivated him to join the priesthood in a religion that worshiped Celestia as a goddess. He rose through the ranks and became next-in-line for Chief Priest after his predecessor decided to retire... when Star Echo realized that practicing a Celestia-based religion never really suited him.
After the ancient Queen Dazzleglow woke from a several-millennia-long sleep, Star Echo heard of the Church of the Stars and, with Celestia's blessings, left for Kerajaan Cahaya. Just like before, he became a priest of Dazzleglow and rose through the ranks as a cleric. His years of faithful service would pay off when he was eventually chosen to become Chief Priest, though he accompanied his position with the title of Chief Cleric as well.
- The Archmage: He's currently working on being officially this for Kerajaan Cahaya, but despite it, he's a very powerful and gifted individual who is capable of various things that normal Sparkle Ponies cannot do. It was also because of his magical talent that he was accepted in Canterlot's School for Gifted Unicorns.
- Birds of a Feather: Platonic example. He would end up befriending Prince Written Word, Golden Scepter's thirteenth demi-divine son, due to both of them being compassionate and gentle individuals and spiritual leaders who seek to help and guide people. This is despite Written Word having left the priesthood in the Terran Empire after Ascending to demi-Alicornhood.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Is a Sparkle Pony unicorn. His entry notes that he is a descendant of residents of the original Kerajaan Cahaya before its fall in the Second Age during the "Void Aeon" event.
- Psychic Link: Implied. His entry notes that he has a "direct link" to Queen Dazzleglow, making his political standing equal to hers and his words (unless contradicted by Dazzleglow herself) carrying as much power and weight as hers. He can also call upon Dazzleglow's magic and use the same abilities she uses, such as portal creation and meteor-summoning.
- Star Power: This type of magic tends to be common among Sparkle Ponies, but in Star Echo's case he's incredibly talented with it, as it is his special talent. Among his capabilities are using starlight for powerful arcane blasts and barriers, stardust-based constructs, as well as calling upon Queen Dazzleglow's power to make portals, and even call down meteors from space.
- There Are No Therapists: Subverted, as one of his duties as Head Priest/Cleric is essentially being a therapist for his people, listening to their woes and helping them deal with emotional and mental trauma so he could ensure good spiritual and psychological health.
- Thinking Up Portals: One of the things he can do. By calling on his direct link to Dazzleglow's power, he can create portals.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Type: Giant of Light/Nature Giant/Guardian
Faction: The Light Garrison/The Shining Legions
"I may be born of two worlds - one of nature and one of light - but I will protect them both and more with everything I got, even if I am not welcomed in all of them."
Anela is an Equine Giantess whose mother is a Nature Giant and whose father is a Giant of Light, and is a notable Giant heroine of Equus. When her heritage became known to her fellow Nature Giants, she and her mother were banished from their Grove by their stringently isolationist brethren, and wandered Equus without a home until Lysats Far, founder of the Light Garrison of fellow Giants of Light, heard of their plight and took them in. Inspired by both the Light Garrison and what her mother told of her father, she eventually joined the Light Garrison on her own free will when she came of age, mastering her powers under Lysat Far's tutelage and training to become another heroic warrior.
When Queen Dazzleglow's kingdom returned to the world stage, she found herself sympathetic to the plight of the Sparkle Ponies who now migrate en-masse to live there and their persecution by the likes of the Autorists. This led to her requesting to garrison there and become part of the Shining Legions herself, which was granted. Now, Legate Anela fights to protect the island realm and the rest of the world from those who sought their ruin, even if some of those she saved would not be appreciative of who she is or what she did for them, like her fellow Nature Giants.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father was a Giant of Light who crash-landed into her home-forest years ago and was nursed back to health by her mother, both of whom promptly fell in love. The Giants of Lights' non-intervention clauses and the Nature Giants' stringent isolationism meant that he eventually had to leave, though Anela's mother would remember him fondly and remarked that he was 'A good Giant'. Unfortunately, those same clauses meant that Anela's father was absent when her Grove wrongly exiled her and her mother and subjected them to racial distrust afterwards.
- Fantastic Racism: Was on the receiving end of this just for being born half-Nature Giant, half-Giant of Light. Anela's hybrid nature caused her Grove to wrongly assume that her mother had violated their isolationist policies by leaving to meet with an outsider in secret, so the Nature Giants kicked her out as well as her daughter for existing. While Anela's understandably bitter, especially when her mother's people hasn't changed their racial distrust of her after she saved them from a monster threatening their Grove, but Lysets Far's good influence kept her from acting on her darker urges.
- Feeling Oppressed by Their Existence: On the receiving end. Her status as a hybrid Giant (half-Nature Giant, half-Giant of Light) is regarded as complete anathema to her mother's people, who saw her existence as proof that their mother violated their strict isolationist policies to interact with the outsiders they distrusted. This got both her and her mother wrongly kicked out of their Grove, something that Anela understandably feels deep resentment for, but only Lysets Far's good influence curbed her desires to act on that resentment.
- Gentle Giant: Size of a skyscraper but of a kind and compassionate disposition. Acts like a Cool Big Sis for Tinies children in Queen Dazzleglow's kingdom, letting them ride on her back, and her career as member of the Light Garrison/Shining Legions is motivated primarily by her desire to protect those smaller and weaker than herself.
- Good Is Not Soft: Do not let her gentle, life-loving character fool you; she may be a Gentle Giant, but she is still a 100 meters tall warrior/soldier trained for combat and possess magical might from two mighty races of Giants. Her heritage also makes her instinctively and fiercely protective of both nature and innocents, and damaging/hurting either is the quickest way to send her pummeling/blasting you into mush.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: She is Nature Giant on her mother's side and a Giant of Light on her father's side. Because of this, she's on the higher end of Giants on Equus at around/over 100 meters tall.
- Green Thumb: She inherited magical power over plants from her mother's side and can control the growth and movement of plants for offensive or defensive purposes. Can combine with her Giant of Light powers inherited from her father to create magical beams that could sprout vegetation.
- Light 'em Up: Has ability to manipulate light as part of the bread and butter of Giants of Light, which she got from her father's side. Often combined with her Nature Giant side's Green Thumb abilities to produce some very unique and powerful offenses and defenses.
- Sins of Our Fathers: She's a hybrid Giant whose mother had an affair with a Giant of Light. This got her wrongly exiled from her Grove along with her mother, as her mere existence is "proof" that her mother violated the Nature Giants' strict isolationist policies (when her mother didn't even leave).
Legate Stellar Scents
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: Perfume Pony/Soldier/Sparkle Pony
Faction: Kerajaan Cahayan/Shining Legions
"Got you good! Another masterpiece, courtesy of the Shining Legion's most good-smelling prankster!"
- Alliterative Name:
- Her name is Stellar Scents''.
- Her pet Disskunk also has an alliterative name, which is Sulfur Star.
- Amazonian Beauty: She's described as a tall pony with an "Amazonian" build.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Her entry notes that her father is a Sparkle Pony, while her mother is a mutant Perfume Pony. She herself would admit later that she was glad to be born in Mustangia, which is more tolerant and accepting of hybrids, as opposed to a place where hybrids are persecuted simply for existing.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is Stellar Scents, which refers to her being the daughter of a Sparkle Pony and having inherited part of her genes from her father.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Averted. Despite having a white mane and tail, she is a very nice and friendly mare with a mischievous streak and loves playing pranks. But she's also a disciplined soldier who's loyal to her subordinates and will not hesitate to remind her enemies why she should be taken seriously in a fight.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Type: Kirin/Empowered Mortal/Faustian Rebel
Faction: Church of the Stars
"I finally made my decision... I want to seal that monster away forever so he can never harm anyone ever again. That is my wish, as the Warrior of Dragon Fire."