Here is a list of characters from Kerajaan Cahaya.
To return to the main character index, click here.
The Kingdom of Kerajaan Cahaya is located in the Glimmering Isles, known for being a refuge for Sparkle Ponies who were either persecuted or experimented on for having a mutation.
- Advanced Ancient Acropolis: The original version was this, being one of the major kingdoms of the Second Age. The modern version is on par with the rest of the world, but shows many unique and interesting technologies. Despite its advancements and achievements, however, both incarnations of the kingdoms never became bloated with pride for them, largely thanks to the efforts of Queen Dazzleglow, who wanted to prevent Kerajaan Cahaya from falling into the same traps that doomed other kingdoms and civilizations.
- Chainsaw Good: with the advent of Chainblade weapons developed by their allies the Terran Empire, the nation's traditional weapons - the Leioman, the Shark-Toothed Club - is enhanced and modernized to turn the traditional shark-teeth that provides the clubs their deadly edges are motorized to further enhance their killing power.
- Energy Weapon: The Star Beam, a weapon utilizing Star Steel to collect light and turn it into a laser beam.
- Fantastic Racism: Defied and averted. While the majority of its population consist of Sparkle Ponies, it also welcomes those of different races, who are able to live and work together with the locals in harmony. Dazzleglow believes this is also part of the reason great civilizations perpetuate "The Cycle" - when one lets bigotry and hatred color their perceptions of others, they are doomed to failure. This also extends to the Church of the Stars' pantheon, whose members are diverse and consist of one Nightmarified Alicorn clone (Luminiferous), one divine dragon (Arcaniss), one divine Deer (Kúzelník), one Celestial Griffon (Grizelda II), and twelve Alicorns (Dazzleglow, Brightglow, Healing Song, Stitching Time, Twilight/Amicitia Sparkle, Jiniri, Merula, Sparkling Wing, Nete, Star Cut, Moon Ray Vaughoof, and Golden Scepter).
- Fantasy Metals: Star Steel, or Kerajaan Adamantium, is a staple of the country, used in many of their weapons and armor. It's also a major export, though its source is staunchly kept a secret by Dazzleglow so it wouldn't fall into the wrong hooves.
- Fantasy Pantheon: Kerajaan Cahaya has two pantheons watching over it: One is the Kerajaan Pantheon, and the other is a famous sub-group called the Church of the Stars. The latter is dedicated to breaking Vicious Cycles that prevent progress and unification among divine/mortal sapientkind.
- Fortune Teller: Many self-styled soothsayers and clairvoyant carnies have taken residence in Kerajaan Cahaya, though practicing 'Pseudo-Divination' is extremely frowned upon there and warrants harsh punishment. Those who show signs of true precognitive sight are encouraged to break away from their criminal lifestyle and reform themselves so they can learn how to use their abilities for good.
- Godhood Seeker: One of the Church's main tenants involves self-improvement, and helping others improve themselves. This includes helping people Ascend to godhood, an endeavor that the Church encourages among its mortal followers. However, anyone who seeks divine Ascension for selfish reasons is turned down, and those who practice heinous methods in the pursuit of godhood, like the Alicorn Ascendancy and most of its spinoff groups, are strictly forbidden and will result in heavy punishments.
- The Good Kingdom: The once-and-present kingdom of Queen Dazzleglow is a place dedicated to good and unity, and welcomes people of all races and standings into its territory. Because of Dazzleglow's desire to break the Cycle, Kerjaan Cahaya is a utopia where unsavory traits such as racism and pride are almost completely non-existent, since Dazzleglow sees those traits as being responsible for the constant rise and fall of great nations/civilizations.
- Gravity Master: One of the subgroups of Sparkle Ponies can manipulate personal gravity and that of anything they're holding. This is utilized in the Gravity Bazooka.
- Half-Human Hybrid: A large part of its population are Sparkle Ponies, who are implied to be alien hybrids, including its rulers, Dazzleglow and her younger sister Brightglow. Hybrids of other species also take residents in the kingdom, such as Legate Anela and Legate Stellar Scents. The kingdom's allowance of hybrids in general is due to its staunch anti-racism stance, as racism as one of the things that perpetuate Vicious Cycles.
- Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: A majority of Kerajaan Cahaya's population contains Sparkle Ponies, which are the products of affairs between Celestial Pony "Visitors" and the mortal Pony mares of Equus they fell in love with. Even those who immigrated to Kerajaan Cahaya are also hybrids, such as Legates Anela (half-Nature Giant, half-Giant of Light) and Stellar Scents (half-Sparkle Pony, half-Perfume Pony). It seems it's always the mother who's an Equusian, but this is Justified as the alien parent has to leave, so it's likely hybrids with an alien mother were born on their homeworld.
- Look on My Works, Ye Mighty, and Despair!: Subverted and defied. Despite being a very advanced kingdom both in the Second and Fourth Ages, the residents of Kerajaan Cahaya promote friendship and unity. Dazzleglow cites this trope as what partly perpetuates "The Cycle"; when a kingdom or race seeks to dominate others and/or prove itself superior to others, it is doomed to failure. According to her, it happened in the past where she came from, and she seeks to end it by preaching friendship and unity. Notably, Kerajaan Cahaya did fall during the Void Aeon, though it was thanks to the Void Sovereign, not its own failings.
- Matriarchy: Enlightened type. Both Kerajaan Cahaya and the Glimmering Isles are ruled by Queen Dazzleglow and her sisters (at least, those who decided to remain on Equus to guide its mortal population rather than "returning to their father" among the stars like Princess Brightglow). However, males are still treated with equal standing in both the kingdom and pantheon, with Star Echo, a Sparkle Pony unicorn stallion and Head Priest/Cleric of the Church of the Stars, serving as a stand-in for Dazzleglow and her sisters where his position and word are treated as equal to hers (unless overridden). Its local pantheon in the Church of the Stars mostly contains a gender-balance between male and female deities, and even though Dazzleglow is the leader of said pantheon, she treats her fellow gods and goddesses as equals. She also credits her "Visitor" father for the idea (which technically makes him the real Top God and founder of the Church of the Stars), and male members of the Church are given equal standing among their female peers by their worshipers.
- Meaningful Name: Kerajaan Cahaya translates to "kingdom of light" in both Malaysian and Indonesian languages.
- Phony Psychic: 'Pseudo-divination' is extremely frowned upon and forbidden by law, as Kerajaan Cahaya's intent is to 'pierce the heavens' and return to space, not mislead people for self-serving ends. Practitioners of 'pseudo-divination' are harshly punished, though as with the case of young Ruya Clearfeather, those who possess genuine talent have potential to be redeemed.
- Politically Active Princess: Dazzleglow's sister, Princess Brightglow, is a skilled diplomat, and Princess Stitching Time is quite active herself, with one of her duties being the overseer of Time itself alongside Ourophion, the Time Primeval.
- Screw Destiny: The dogma of the Church of the Stars' religion preaches the idea of letting go of grudges and biases in order to unify as one and reach for the stars. This would ensure that their civilization would never be touched by the "rise and fall" cycle that has plagued so many other great nations.
- Seers: Practitioners of various forms of precognition, divination, and clairvoyance are welcomed and tolerated in Kerajaan Cahaya, as are astrologers and astronomers, since the kingdom places great emphasis in 'piercing the heavens' and returning to space. However, Phony Psychics are not tolerated, with laws being very harsh against all forms of 'pseudo-divination'.
- Supernatural Elite: Kerajaan Cahaya is ruled by Queen Dazzleglow, an Alicorn goddess, though her younger sister, Brightglow, and Dazzleglow's student, Stitching Time, both share a similarly high degree of political power and affluence as Alicorn Princesses. The Church of the Stars is heralded by its Head Priest/Cleric, a magically powerful unicorn named Star Echo, and the Church's pantheon are regarded as its highest religious authorities. In addition, a few divine members of the Church's pantheon are legitimate rulers of their own realms/empires, and/or hail from royal backgrounds, such as Merula, Golden Scepter, Kúzelník, and Sparkling Wing.
- Sword Beam: One of their signature weapons are swords made out of Star Steel enchanted to be able to fire laser beams.
- We Have Become Complacent: Due to Dazzleglow's secrecy in regards to her real objectives, Temnobog, the Bogolenya god of Evil, assumes that Kerajaan Cahaya will eventually stagnate and become arrogant and indulgent, based on personal experiences with the Elternteil Deer Pantheon, and the almost complete absence of Evil things in the kingdom that are necessary to motivate the people into being Good. However, to Temnobog's surprise, Dazzleglow reveals that the destruction of Evil itself is not her real goal - rather, she also seeks the destruction of "careless" Evil that Temnobog and his worshipers hate, and the breaking of the Cycle so everyone would be powerful enough to eventually fight the Void Sovereign when he breaks out of his cosmic prison and comes to try obliterate Equus a second time.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: Queen, Warrior, Unifier, Explorer, Chosen One
Faction: Kerajaan Cahaya, the Hidden Realms
Queen Starcatcher (her entry here) was the mother of Queen Dazzleglow and Princess Brightglow, and one of the most influential heroes of the Second Age, responsible for bringing the Hidden Realm tribes back together.
- Badass Normal: Unlike her daughters, she was a normal Pegasus mare who never Ascended to godhood herself. Despite this, Starcatcher would become one of the single most important mortals of the Second Age by bringing the Flutterponies, Pegasi, and Sea Ponies back together in an epic adventure. Her actions had a ripple effect that radiated throughout the entire Second Age.
- Call to Adventure: A disguised Luminiferous nudged her in the right direction, but the real call was discovering the existence of the other Tribes and a prophecy predicting that if they remained separated, then the world would be doomed when Queen Dark Crystal escaped from her prison.
- The Chosen One: Listed as such in her entry. It's implied that Luminiferous chose her because he knew she had the potential to reunite the Tribes. This is important, as the Hidden Realms coming to the Isle of Pony's aid was vital to foiling Spring Heart/Chrysalis's Evil Plan and thus the rise of the Virtuous Seven, as well as the defeat of Queen Dark Crystal and several other major threats. King Leo later also chooses her after realizing Luminferous did.
- Mission from God: After hearing her out and realizing Luminferous chose her to reunite the tribes, King Leo divinely ordains her mission to do so, specifically doing it in the name her people know him as: Kanaloa, making it this trope. He also does it for the practical reasons: it will ensure she gets aid from gods who are allied with him.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: She was this when she was younger, being both the Pegasi's Crown Princess and trained as a warrior.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Faction: Church of the Stars
Star Echo (his entry here) is a Sparkle Pony unicorn who serves as Chief Priest for the Church of the Stars, and one of many champions for the kingdom of Kerajaan Cahaya.
Born the descendant of Sparkle Ponies who lived during the Second Age, Star Echo was a graduate from Canterlot's School for Gifted Unicorns whose special talent lay in starlight-based magic. While he was mostly an astrologer, his quest for spirituality motivated him to join the priesthood in a religion that worshiped Celestia as a goddess. He rose through the ranks and became next-in-line for Chief Priest after his predecessor decided to retire... when Star Echo realized that practicing a Celestia-based religion never really suited him.
After the ancient Queen Dazzleglow woke from a several-millennia-long sleep, Star Echo heard of the Church of the Stars and, with Celestia's blessings, left for Kerajaan Cahaya. Just like before, he became a priest of Dazzleglow and rose through the ranks as a cleric. His years of faithful service would pay off when he was eventually chosen to become Chief Priest, though he accompanied his position with the title of Chief Cleric as well.
- The Archmage: He's currently working on being officially this for Kerajaan Cahaya, but despite it, he's a very powerful and gifted individual who is capable of various things that normal Sparkle Ponies cannot do. It was also because of his magical talent that he was accepted in Canterlot's School for Gifted Unicorns.
- Birds of a Feather: Platonic example. He would end up befriending Prince Written Word, Golden Scepter's thirteenth demi-divine son, due to both of them being compassionate and gentle individuals and spiritual leaders who seek to help and guide people. This is despite Written Word having left the priesthood in the Terran Empire after Ascending to demi-Alicornhood.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Is a Sparkle Pony unicorn. His entry notes that he is a descendant of residents of the original Kerajaan Cahaya before its fall in the Second Age during the "Void Aeon" event.
- Psychic Link: Implied. His entry notes that he has a "direct link" to Queen Dazzleglow, making his political standing equal to hers and his words (unless contradicted by Dazzleglow herself) carrying as much power and weight as hers. He can also call upon Dazzleglow's magic and use the same abilities she uses, such as portal creation and meteor-summoning.
- Star Power: This type of magic tends to be common among Sparkle Ponies, but in Star Echo's case he's incredibly talented with it, as it is his special talent. Among his capabilities are using starlight for powerful arcane blasts and barriers, stardust-based constructs, as well as calling upon Queen Dazzleglow's power to make portals, and even call down meteors from space.
- There Are No Therapists: Subverted, as one of his duties as Head Priest/Cleric is essentially being a therapist for his people, listening to their woes and helping them deal with emotional and mental trauma so he could ensure good spiritual and psychological health.
- Thinking Up Portals: One of the things he can do. By calling on his direct link to Dazzleglow's power, he can create portals.
- Fantasy Pantheon: The Kerajaan Pantheon is a larger pantheon of which the Church of the Stars is a sub-group. Both of them watch over the kingdom of Kerajaan Cahaya, and many of its members are invested in the natural growth of their subjects. According to one of the Codexverse writers, the Kerajaan Pantheon has Polynesian motifs.
Portfolio: Space, Omens, Cold
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Prince Comet Dancer (his entry here) is the Sparkle Virgalicorn god of Space, Omens, and Cold, and is Queen Dazzleglow's son and the Crown-Prince of Kerajaan Cahaya.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a Virgalicorn god who embodies Space, Omens, and Cold.
- Gentle Giant: As a "Tier IV"-ranked god, he's pretty large, being slightly shorter than his mother. He's also a compassionate, kind, and upbeat (if a bit silly) stallion who wants to help guide people in ensuring good futures while avoiding bad futures.
- Heinz Hybrid: Most of Equus think he's merely a Half-Human Hybrid, but he's actually a three-way hybrid - He's part Sparkle Pony (themselves Celestial Pony/Equusian Pony hybrids) through his mother, Dazzleglow, and part Zebra through his father.
- Magic Hair: He has a mane and tail made of light, with both specifically resembling a comet's tail.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Glittering Omen", due to being a god of Omens who always glows whenever he feels something bad is about to happen.
- Seers: As a god of Omens, he can receive prophetic dreams and magically project them, though in his case, his domain focuses on bad futures. He also glows and gets a Gut Feeling whenever something bad is about to happen. It's noted that as he grew up, he learned predict and provide omens for good futures as well as bad.
Portfolio: Courage, Pranks, Knights
Dame Patch, now Princess Patch (her entry here), is the Alicorn demigoddess of Courage, Pranks, and Knights, and is a member of the "Tales Seven" group that decided to come back in the Fourth Age to continue protecting the world.
For more information on her and her life during the Second Age, see her folder here.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's now an Alicorn demigoddess who embodies Courage, Pranks, and Knights.
- Back from the Dead: Ascension allows those who achieve it to transcend the normal limits of life and death. This allows Patch, now Princess Patch, to return to the mortal/material plane.
- Came Back Strong: Her method of resurrection is by becoming an Alicorn Demi-Goddess, so this trope is at play by default.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Not in the usual sense. It's noted that having died and gone to the heavens, Patch could had just stay there forever and no longer be troubled by matters of the mortal world. And for a time she was, before her heroic calling made her reconsider. Her giving up her eternal reward (at least in part, since she could still go back and visit her departed loved ones) for what would be eternal duty is portrayed as this and is considered no less admirable for it by many.
- He's Back: After a good, long rest and adventuring in the afterlife, her daughter's redemption and return, Patch's heroic sense of duty, and what's heavily implied to be coming threats of 'Second Age' origins drives her to seek ascension in order to come back and help things out.
- Humble Hero: As she was back when she was mortal, while her return caused a big stir, she doesn't make a big deal out of it.
- Jumped at the Call: It wouldn't be Patch if her decision to ascend to godhood and come back to the mortal world as a heroic demigoddess isn't due to this.
- Magnetic Hero: Legendary heroic status making her an inspiring figure aside, one of her domains as a demigoddess of courage is to project an aura of courage around herself and allows her to rally those under its influence against foes and circumstances that terrifies them.
- The Prankster: As she was back when she was mortal, Princess Patch is still this tens of thousands of years later. She gets along swimmingly with the likes of Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Pakak because of this, and one of the first things they did together was the prank the living daylights out of corrupted nobles in Canterlot.
- Surprisingly Realistic Outcome: Having been dead for tens of thousands of years, she has to get a huge number of vaccinations due to her immune system needing caught up, as even Demi-Gods have illnesses they can catch.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Patch's return caused concerns for the victorious overlord and dark goddess Iniquitous, Vicearch of Malregnar, because she knows that Patch was one of the heroes whose essence eventually led to the birth and rise of Virtuecrat Fairytale, who currently stands as her Good Counterpart that keeps her and her Evil in check. Patch's relation and character means it's all but certain she would side with Fairytale in their stalemated conflict, which given her future potential could tilt the current Balance of Power between them in Fairytale's favour. This is leading to Iniquitous to start reconsidering her and her dominion's policy of keeping themselves and their great power out of worldly affairs and align with other dark gods to help tilt the balance back. And she had heard that Changeling Emperor Blackthorn and Temnobog the Dark One are up to something big...
- Your Mom: As per her mischievous personality, she dishes these out as one of the many insults she throws at her enemies in order to trip them up or enrage them. She gives an unusual variant to a Fallen Godling aligned with the Autorists/Tribalists during the 'Terra Equus Continental War', which confounded him so thoroughly it left him open for a sucker-punch.Fallen Godling: You got something to say to me, worm?!
Princess Patch: Your mother has a job and is a respected member of her community.
Fallen Godling: I... you... what?!
Portfolio: Music, Vice, Corruption, Revelry
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Prince Dissonant Tune (his entry here) is the Dhampiric Alicorn god of Music, Vice, Corruption, and Revelry, and is a villainous deity who serves a constructive role.
- Abstract Apotheosis: He Ascended to godhood as a Dhampyr Alicorn of Music, Vice, Corruption, and Revelry by spreading vice and corruption for constructive purposes, while punishing those who willingly and unrepentantly gave in to their temptations.
- Abusive Parents: Defied. He never had any long-lasting romantic relationships because he feared he would end up mistreating his potential children in some way, whether by becoming a deadbeat like War Rock or straight-up abusing them like his stepfather. Fortunately, his lover, Zmeniť, would help him overcome his issues, and while he screwed up by turning his daughter, Hudba, into a Spoiled Brat, he made amends for his mistake and proved himself to be a much better father to Hudba than War Rock and his stepfather were to him.
- The Ace: Like his birth father, War Rock, he's a musical prodigy. It's deconstructed as he holds a lot of psychological baggage that come from growing up with bad father-figures and being wrongly mistreated by a country still hurting from War Rock's villainy despite having nothing to do with him. Fortunately, Mentálne is helping him recover.
- Adult Fear:
- He was devastated when he witnessed his adoptive father, Moon Ray, suddenly screaming in extreme pain before collapsing and inexplicably falling into a coma on-stage. While part of his reaction came from previously witnessing a similar situation with Blue Suede Heartstrings/Caerulus Melodia, it's believed In-Universe that it also came from lingering trauma over losing his birth mother as a colt in the Second Age.Prince Dissonant Tune: No...! Not you, too!
- Despite embodying Vice and Corruption, he never had any long-lasting partners or kids because he was afraid he might end up screwing up or become just as bad as War Rock and his stepfather. He does successfully hook up with Zmeniť and have a daughter in Hudba, but his worst fears come true anyway when, in trying to be a loving father, his parenting contributed to Hudba becoming a Spoiled Brat almost as bad as War Rock. And it doesn't really sink in until Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae confronts and calls him out on how he handled Hudba's upbringing.
- He was devastated when he witnessed his adoptive father, Moon Ray, suddenly screaming in extreme pain before collapsing and inexplicably falling into a coma on-stage. While part of his reaction came from previously witnessing a similar situation with Blue Suede Heartstrings/Caerulus Melodia, it's believed In-Universe that it also came from lingering trauma over losing his birth mother as a colt in the Second Age.
- Affectionate Nickname:
- He calls his daughter Hudba "Huddy".
- On the other hand, he himself is called "Dissy" by family and friends.
- Always Someone Better: Deconstructed. While Dissonant's stepfather was a successful musician in his own right, he gradually ruined himself with his Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll lifestyle. Discovering that his bastard stepson was born a musical prodigy became one of the reasons why he abused Dissonant, and why he initially tried murdering the latter after murdering his mother in a fit of maddened rage.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: He and Zmeniť told Codex Equus interviewers that their daughter, Hudba, was very chubby and adorable as a baby. This gave Hudba no shortage of embarrassment, especially after it was published in her entry.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a Dhampiric Alicorn god who embodies Music, Vice, Corruption, and Revelry.
- Arch-Enemy: He was noted to have become one for Blue Suede Heartstrings in the Second Age, though he later boasted he was much better at it than War Rock was, due to having certain lines that he wouldn't cross.
- Ate It All: He once ate all the cookies Velvet Heart made, leaving none for his adoptive sister, Ruya Clearfeather. This annoys Ruya and gets him scolded by Velvet, and it's implied it happened frequently.
- Badass Boast: After resuming his music career from a hiatus, he boasted, "No, I'm not War Rock. I'm better," in response to accusations and claims regarding him being War Rock 'reborn'. And because he's a musical prodigy who eventually Ascended as a 'prodigy deity', he can really back up his boasts.
- Bad Powers, Bad People: Played with. His domains of Vice and Corruption give him access to dark magic, which includes spells that allow him to foul up forested environments and kill everything in it, kill people with a withering touch, and spread vice and magical/moral corruption. Yet he's a constructive villain who uses his evil to test heroes. Outside of his villainy, he's much nicer, albeit a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Bad Powers, Good People: Played with. His domains of Vice and Corruption give him access to dark magic, which includes spells that allow him to foul up forested environments and kill everything in it, kill people with a withering touch, as well as spread vice and magical/moral corruption. He's a constructive villain who uses his evil to test heroes, so outside of his villainy, he's much nicer, albeit a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Bastard Bastard: Played with. He's one of War Rock's illegitimate sons and is a villain like his birth father was, but unlike him, Dissonant follows 'constructive Evil' and uses his domains of Vice, Corruption, and Revelry to test/motivate heroes. Outside of that, he's a Jerk with a Heart of Gold. His early life as a mortal deconstructs it, however: He was expected to be a villainous bastard by virtue of his parentage despite really having nothing to do with War Rock or his villainy, which gave Dissonant a lot of grief. Convinced he might as well be evil, he emulated War Rock's self-destructive hedonism and narcissism for a time, and ended up hospitalized following a near-fatal drug overdose. But after meeting Luminiferous during a low point in his life and learning of Moon Ray Vaughoof's life story, Dissonant was inspired to punish the wicked for their vices and corruption, leading to him becoming a villain for constructive purposes.
- Beauty Is Bad: He's described as extremely handsome, both as a mortal and as an Alicorn. It's played with; he's a villain like War Rock, but he is a constructive one who tests heroes with his evil and punishes those who willingly gave in to his temptations without repenting. He also has a softer side, if a bit rough around the edges.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: One of the reasons why he's very close to Moon Ray Vaughoof. Besides idolizing him, he received helpful advice from Moon Ray regarding personal grievances following the 'Big Comeback Tour' and the 'Applewood Rescue'. Then he was adopted by Moon Ray, who proceeded to be the loving father that both his stepfather and birth father wasn't. It's because of this that he sees Moon Ray as his true father despite knowing of the latter's flaws, and when he meets War Rock in person in the Fourth Age, he disowns War Rock as his father.
- Being Evil Sucks: Played with. While he's an 'evil' Alicorn god of Vice and Corruption, he follows the philosophy of 'constructive Evil' and tests/motivates heroes so they can become strong enough to face genuinely wicked individuals. However, he once went through a phase in his mortal youth where he adopted the same unfettered, self-destructive behaviors that his birth father had in life, believing that being one of War Rock's bastard sons automatically made him evil. While he appeared to enjoy it, he was utterly miserable the entire time, and being hospitalized for a drug overdose made him realize this. It wasn't until meeting Luminiferous and learning of Moon Ray Vaughoof's life story that he embraces the idea of being evil for constructive purposes.
- Being Good Sucks: Deconstructed. Originally, he became a musician just to play music, but being an illegitimate son of War Rock caused people to judge, mistreat, and shun him for his birth father's crimes despite not doing anything to truly warrant it. Despite his attempts to remain good, the mistreatment didn't stop, causing him to act like War Rock for a time because if his parentage made him 'evil', he might as well be evil. However, he felt utterly miserable the entire time, and after being hospitalized for a near-fatal overdose, he suffered an existential crisis and questioned the purpose of his birth. Meeting Luminiferous made him aware of the many paths he could take in life, but finding Moon Ray Vaughoof's memorial statue in Silicon Valley and learning of his life story inspired him to embrace the philosophy of 'constructive Evil'. He's now a villain and god who embodies 'evil' concepts like Vice and Corruption, but he uses them for constructive purposes.
- Big Little Brother: He's biologically younger than his half-sister, Princess Winter Opera, but because he Ascended first, he's now taller and 'older' than her by divine standards.
- Big "SHUT UP!": He stutters, "Sh-Shut up!" after Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae bluntly tells him that he failed as Hudba's father. Unfortunately for him, Moon Ray/Canticum refuses to budge and continues chewing him out.Prince Canticum Lunae Cahaya: Ah ain't shuttin' up 'cause that's the truth!
- Blatant Lies: No, he didn't cry Tears of Joy when he learned his hero, Moon Ray Vaughoof, is going to adopt him as his son. He just drank so much water that day that it spilled through his eyes. Moon Ray later teases him for it.
- Breaking the Cycle of Bad Parenting:
- Dissonant's birth father, War Rock, was essentially a narcissistic, sociopathic monster who abandoned his kids. Dissonant's stepfather resented and abused him, and later tried to kill him after killing his mother in a rage. Years later, after falling in love with Zmeniť and siring Hudba, Dissonant vowed to be the good father that Hudba deserved and has made good on his promise, despite his own fears, insecurities, and mistakes as a parent.
- Dissonant's biological grandparents were perfectionists who constantly pushed their musically-talented son to succeed and then spoiled him rotten as a reward whenever he did, turning War Rock into a narcissistic, entitled sociopath who inflicted much harm on everyone around him. By stark contrast, Dissonant made huge efforts in being a genuinely good father to his daughter, Hudba; he initially tried compensating for his abusive foalhood by spoiling Hudba, only to realize his mistake when it turned her into a Spoiled Brat and got him chewed out by Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae.
- Broken Ace: Much like his birth father, he's a musical prodigy, which factored into his Ascension as a 'prodigy deity' later on. However, because of his abusive childhood and the wrongful mistreatment he received from others for being related to War Rock, he suffers from numerous psychological issues such as a bad temper, distrust towards authority figures, an utter hatred for Abusive Parents, and an Inferiority Superiority Complex that makes him question his place in the world at times. Fortunately, being Happily Adopted by his idol, Moon Ray Vaughoof, is doing wonders for his psyche, and he's receiving psychiatric help from Mentálne.
- Broken Pedestal:
- Implied with his stepfather. Dissonant used to idolize his stepfather as a colt and took up music to earn the older stallion's love and praise. However, his stepfather was extremely resentful of him being a bastard hybrid on top of being a musical prodigy, and eventually killed Dissonant's mother in a maddened rage before trying to go after his son as well. The incident was extremely traumatizing to then-young Dissonant, and it contributed to his hatred of Abusive Parents.
- Subverted with Moon Ray Vaughoof. Dissonant genuinely sees Moon Ray as a model citizen for overcoming his addictions and wants everyone to be like him in the face of temptation. Even after becoming friends and seeing Moon Ray's flaws, his admiration of the older stallion never wavered. He also cried Tears of Joy when he learned he's going to be adopted by Moon Ray as his son (though he denies it). Moon Ray giving him some genuine advice during some emotionally low moments in the past helped, too.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Deconstructed. He started emulating War Rock's self-destructive behaviors after coming to the conclusion that his parentage made him 'evil', so he might as well act like it. This led to him doing things like ruining the lives of fellow musicians who threatened his fames, clashing with authority figures, consuming drugs, participating in unrestrained sexual activity, and studying dark magic. However, while he appeared unapologetic on the outside, he was utterly miserable on the inside. Being hospitalized for a near-fatal overdose led to him suffering an existential crisis, wondering what his purpose in life really was and why he was born in the first place. Luminiferous encouraging him not to despair by showing him alternative paths he can take influenced him to take a hiatus from music, but it's not until he finds Moon Ray Vaughoof's memorial statue and learns of Moon Ray's struggles with addiction that he's inspired to take up constructive villainy.
- Close to Home:
- He despises Abusive Parents in general. This stems from living with a stepfather who abused him for being a bastard hybrid with (in his eyes) undeserved musical talent/potential, and later tried to kill him after killing his mother in a maddened rage. His birth father, War Rock, being competely absent and indifferent to his many illegitimate children played a factor in this as well. It's deconstructed as, by his own admission, he has a hard time accepting that abusive parents can change their ways thanks to his experiences.
- He hates the Hitler Ate Sugar trope with a passion. This stems from being wrongly judged/mistreated by extremely intolerant and hypocritical people who saw him as 'evil' thanks to his parentage, and watching many good musicians being wrongly persecuted and ruined for petty, trivial reasons. He believes the moral self-righteousness of his time is what blinded people to the atrocities committed by real criminals, and enabled those same criminals to do horrible things undetected and unimpeded.
- Commonality Connection: He has befriended many villainous deities such as Temnobog, 'Princess' Cold Heart, and Yetareme due to following constructive Evil like they are. In regards to Temnobog, part of the reason why they became friends is because they're both victims of parental abuse for something completely out of their control, which he greatly sympathizes with.
- Cool Big Sis: Gender-inverted.
- Despite his punkster appearance and evil, he is a Friend to All Children and serves as a big brother figure for them. Harming a child in his presence is not a very good idea.
- He was excited and happy to learn that he has a sibling to look after in Ruya Clearfeather, a teenage Northern Griffoness. However, while he's generally very protective of Ruya, he's not above annoying his adoptive sister, as shown when he ate all of Velvet Heart's cookies before Ruya could have one.Ruya: MOM! Dissonant ate the last cookie again!
Prince Dissonant Tune: I didn't see your name on it!
Velvet Heart: Dissy, I know you like my cookies, but leave some for your sister, too!
- Create Your Own Villain:
- Initially, he became a self-destructive villain whose motives revolved around It's All About Me because he was constantly judged and mistreated by Ponyland for being one of War Rock's bastard sons. However, Luminiferous and Moon Ray Vaughoof inspiring him to follow 'constructive Evil' and become a punisher of the wicked is a positive example, since it led to him Ascending to godhood.
- He himself was responsible for the rise of Queen Eclaira. After the Third Age started, Dissonant found a kingdom whose unfettered obsession with beauty, fashion, and food caused its residents to abuse those who failed to live up to their standards, which Dissonant used to corrupt them further out of disgust. This led to a young Eclaira, then a mediocre-looking Princess who was abused by her own royal family for her looks, to become a Vain Sorceress out of desire to become the Fairest of Them All, and she would later go back home to punish both her family and subjects for their unwarranted abuse. Eclaira herself wouldn't learn of Dissonant's involvement in her life until centuries later, after his entry was published into Codex Equus.
- Dark and Troubled Past: He was born from an affair between his mother and War Rock, who was a vampire at the time. Dissonant's bastard status, combined with him being a Half-Human Hybrid and a musical prodigy, got him abused by his hateful and jealous stepfather, a musician whose celebrity status and lifestyle corrupted him. Dissonant's stepfather later murdered his mother in a rage and would have killed him, too, had neighbors not called the police, upon which he committed suicide. While Dissonant was raised by a loving foster family afterwards, his decision to become a professional musician would see him be mistreated by an extremely judgmental and morally hypocritical public because he heavily resembled War Rock. This convinced him his parentage automatically made him evil and started acting like it, too, but he was utterly miserable deep down, and he had an existential crisis after being hospitalized for a near-fatal drug overdose. It wasn't until he finds Moon Ray Vaughoof's memorial statue in Silicon Valley and learns of his story that Dissonant was inspired to punish the music industries for their sins and corruption, setting him on the path of (constructive) villainy.
- Dark Is Evil: Played with. He's an evil, black-and-red-haired Alicorn god who embodies things like Vice, Corruption, and Revelry in addition to Music, and he dresses like a punk with a black leather jacket. In the Second Age, he wore a black and red Goth-themed supervillain costume with a cape and dark-tinted goggles to protect his eyes; he admits he styled his costume after his birth father's clothes, but only to spite War Rock, not emulate him. While he's a villain and unapologetically evil, he uses his evil to test and motivate heroes, and has a softer side outside of it.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Played with. He's an evil, black-and-red-haired Alicorn god who embodies things like Vice, Corruption, and Revelry in addition to Music, and moonlit as a music-themed villain with a black and red Goth-themed supervillain costume with a cape and dark-tinted goggles to protect his eyes. But outside his villainy, he's a Jerk with a Heart of Gold who loves his family/friends and is very fond of young children. And while he's evil, he genuinely wants people to resist and overcome vice/corruption like Moon Ray Vaughoof did in life, and plays the villain for this reason.
- Daywalking Vampire: His Dhampir heritage gives him the ability to tolerate sunlight and walk around in daylight without suffering instant side-effects. By contrast, War Rock, a full vampire, immediately caught fire during his final battle with Melody and Ace once the morning sun rises.
- Deadpan Snarker: It's noted that he likes joking around, but has a somewhat sarcastic sense of humor. One incident had him make a snarky response upon being caught and cornered by a Poenan Cleric and her forces, which caught her off guard long enough for an enraged Moon Ray Vaughoof to arrive and save his son from eternal damnation.Poenan Cleric: Any last words, foul one?!
Prince Dissonant Tune: Yes. I would like my death barbecued, with a side of fries and soda.
Poenan Cleric: I...! What?
- Defacement Insult: He and his friend, Zmeniť, were believed In-Universe to be responsible for vandalizing an Alvslog tree statue of High King Irminsul by writing "IRMINSUL IS A TREE-FUCKER" on it, while covering the statue with other things like garbage, splattered food, and lingerie. Given Zmeniť's hatred of her father, it's very likely, but nothing can be said for sure. Nonetheless, this act of blasphemy enraged the Alvslog Deer Herds into calling for harsh punishments for the culprits.
- Deity of Human Origin: He was originally an Earth Pony Dhampir, born out of wedlock through an affair between his mother and a vampirized War Rock. Eventually, after some years of spreading constructive Evil, as well as being tutored by both Luminiferous and the divine children of the Grand Primevals (likely Adversus, Nekelmu, or both), he would Ascend and become the Dhampir Alicorn god of Music, Vice, Corruption, and Revelry.
- Delinquent Hair: He usually styles his mane into a 'Death Hawk'-style mohawk. While he's not a delinquent, he's a constructive villain who tests heroes with his evil, and generally acts like The Quincy Punk so he can motivate them. He did go through a phase in his mortal youth where he became a narcissistic hedonist like War Rock was in life, but it made him utterly miserable.
- Detect Evil: As a god of Corruption, he can detect foul magics, and see moral corruption as a festering rot taking form on a person's body.
- Dhampyr: He was born as an Earth Pony Dhampir, thanks to his birth father, War Rock, being already a Vampire when he had a one-night stand with his mother. His heritage gives him traits like tufted ears, draconic pupils, and sharp vampiric fangs, as well as enhanced physical abilities such as enhanced strength, durability, hearing, and speed. Notably, his heritage granted him automatic access to magic in an Age where magic was largely absent. He also has increased tolerance towards traditional Vampire weaknesses such as sunlight and garlic; while he can still be weakened by sunlight and garlic causes physical discomfort when eaten, they don't outright kill him as they would full-blooded Vampires. He's still vulnerable to holy magic and enchanted silver, and he needs blood to sustain himself despite being able to eat other foods.
- Divine Parentage: He would later be adopted by Moon Ray Vaughoof as his son after moving to Kerajaan Cahaya; according to Moon Ray, Dissonant cried Tears of Joy, though Dissonant denies it. This means that through Moon Ray, he is a grandson of Gavisus Manes and a great-grandson of Obitus Equus, the oldest Equuid god of Death in existence.
- Disappeared Dad: Justified.
- His stepfather killed himself after murdering his mother to avoid being arrested by the police. Meanwhile, his birth father, War Rock, was a deadbeat who saw his children as unwanted consequences of his hedonism, and was killed by Melody and Ace to stop his rampage after he became a vampire. This would give him a lot of psychological baggage as an adult and contribute to his hatred of Abusive Parents.
- It's also implied that his foster father, who was a much better parent to him in comparison, ended up being outlived by him once he became an Alicorn.
- Doting Parent: Deconstructed. He spoiled and doted on his young daughter, Hudba, as a way to compensate for his abusive foalhood and ensure that she would never suffer as he did. However, his overindulgent parenting and lack of discipline caused Hudba to become a Spoiled Brat, putting her at risk of becoming like her biological grandfather, War Rock, who became irredeemably evil in part thanks to his own parents spoiling him. This leads to Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae bluntly telling him that he "did a pretty bad job" in raising Hudba, making him realize how much he screwed up and try fix his mistakes. He succeeds, and while he still dotes on Hudba, he has gotten better at disciplining his daughter and is now more willing to do so whenever she screwed up.
- Embodiment of Vice: He literally embodies Vice as a concept, which means he has access to various curses and elemental spells based on all sins and vices. He can also empower himself based on how much vice is in a given area. When combined with his Corruption domain, he essentially becomes a powerful warlock (though he admits his half-sister, Winter Opera, is a better witch due to embodying Dark Magic).
- The Empath: Being a god of Vice and Corruption grants him empathic abilities that allows him to sense and encourage vice and corruption in others.
- Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas: He has a few parental figures in his life that he loves dearly.
- Implied with his mothers. Dissonant hates both his birth father, War Rock, and his stepfather, but he doesn't feel the same way towards his birth mother, who protected him from his abusive stepfather, and his foster mother, who raised him after his birth mother's death. So it's very likely he loved both of his mothers.
- A gender-inverted example is his adoptive father, Moon Ray Vaughoof. Dissonant idolized Moon Ray from the start despite knowing of the latter's flaws, and sees him as a model citizen due to the latter overcoming his drug addictions. And during a period of emotional upset following the 'Big Comeback Tour' and the 'Applewood Rescue' events, Moon Ray gave him honest advice about life that cheered him up. Learning that he's going to be adopted as Moon Ray's son moved Dissonant so much that he cried Tears of Joy, though he denies it.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Despite being a constructive villain, he genuinely loves his adoptive family, as well as his surviving half-siblings like Princess Winter Opera. It's noted that out of everyone in his life, he's closest to Moon Ray Vaughoof due to the latter helping him out during his emotional lows as well as overcoming his drug and alcohol addictions; according to Moon Ray, he cried when he learned he was going to be adopted by him. This applies to many of his friends as well, like Prince Healing Song and Film Trivia, as well as his friend-turned-lover Zmeniť and his daughter Hudba.
- Even Evil Has Standards:
- Like his birth father, War Rock, Dissonant is a musician-turned-villain. Unlike War Rock, he has certain lines that he wouldn't cross, such as the various things War Rock did in his quest for immortality and godhood. Dissonant believes having an honor code is why he made a 'better' Arch-Enemy for Blue Suede Heartstrings than War Rock did.
- Dissonant once led an early Third Age kingdom deep into corruption because he was greatly disgusted with how their unfettered obsession with beauty, fashion, and food made them abusive towards those who failed to meet their standards. This contributed to the rise of Queen Eclaira, who felt so miserable over being abused for her mediocre looks that she did everything she could to become the Fairest of Them All, including learning dark sorcery under Vondur and devouring Princess Praline to absorb her divinity (though Praline herself escaped unharmed).
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: Played with. While he does understand 'good' and can comprehend it, he was used to the utter depravity, corruption, and violence that defined the Second Age because that's what he grew up with. This made him stick out like a sore thumb in the Third Age, which brought a constructive yet significantly tame brand of 'evil' that, in his eyes, was comparable to "schoolyard pranks". It's what made him butt heads with his friend, 'Princess' Cold Heart, who sees his perception of evil as utterly monstrous. Once the more depraved Fourth Age rolled in, he started feeling right at home.
- Evil Is Hammy: His entry describes him as being loud, and as a supervillain, he acts vain in a hammy way. According to this Codexverse quote, he still acts like this after joining the Kerajaan Pantheon, punishing wicked shades in his Hell-Realm for music-related crimes like abusing/exploiting musicians, endangering people by stalking and obsessing over them, and sabotaging other musicians' careers to get rid of threats to their own fame.Prince Dissonant Tune: (yelling) I DON'T HEAR ANY SINGING!!!
- Evil Makes You Ugly: As a god of Corruption, he has the ability to see people's moral corruption as a festering rot that appears on their bodies. The more corrupted they are, the more rot they have. However, he can't see the rot if people deeply suppress it, which is how Blue Suede Heartstrings' corruption went unnoticed by him.
- Evil vs. Evil: Because of his beliefs, he often opposed supervillains who had far worse morals than he did, especially those who followed 'destructive Evil' like War Rock's cultists. In regards to the latter, he would use them as Unwitting Pawns in his schemes to test heroes before later betraying them to proper authorities once their time is up. This naturally made him the target of many supervillains' ire, so he has to team up with superheroes to take them down.
- Family of Choice: He sees Moon Ray Vaughoof as his true father by virtue of being much more loving and supportive than his previous father-figures, who either abused him or treated him like an unwanted consequence of their hedonism. His surviving, Ascendant half-siblings like Princess Winter Opera are also included.
- Fan Boy:
- He idolizes Moon Ray Vaughoof and was inspired by him to take the path of constructive villainy during a very low point in his life. Because Moon Ray redeemed himself after falling into addiction by achieving complete sobriety, Dissonant sees him as a model citizen and wants everyone else to follow Moon Ray's example when tested by evil, which he has stated a few times in his interviews with Codex Equus researchers. Moon Ray also personally helped Dissonant out during times of personal crisis, endearing himself further to him. Spending time with Moon Ray made Dissonant more aware of his idol's flaws, but despite this, his faith and devotion to the older Alicorn never wavered. According to Moon Ray, Dissonant even cried when he learned he was going to be adopted by his beloved idol as his son, though Dissonant himself denies it.
- Deconstructed with him and his stepfather. Dissonant idolized his stepfather as a colt, and even took up music just to earn his approval and love. Unfortunately, his stepfather only saw him as a bastard hybrid that his wife sired with someone else, and Dissonant being a musical prodigy when he worked his ass off to get where he was only worsened things. Being a colt at the time, he couldn't understand why his stepfather abused him so much, which made his hero-worshiping all the more tragic. Things came to a head when, after killing Dissonant's mother in a fit of maddened rage, his stepfather tried going after him, only to change his mind and kill himself upon learning their neighbors called the police on him. Dissonant was placed in a loving foster home, but being nearly killed traumatized him and became a factor in his hatred of Abusive Parents that he would develop as an adult.
- Foil: To Princess Winter Opera: Both are illegitimate children of War Rock through various flings, making them half-siblings. However, Winter Opera ended up Happily Adopted because her birth mother couldn't bear aborting her unborn daughter at War Rock's request, while Dissonant was raised by his birth mother until his resentful and abusive stepfather attempted to kill him in a fit of rage. Both were constantly tormented by others for being related to War Rock, regardless of anything they actually did, but while Winter Opera was saved from becoming like her father by Luminiferous and Blue Suede Heartstrings, Dissonant began emulating War Rock under the belief that he might as well be evil... until an overdose put him in the hospital. Whereas Winter Opera was inspired to become a heroine despite her heritage, Dissonant was inspired to become a constructive villain who tested heroes and damned the wicked. And whereas Winter Opera is a refined Lady of Black Magic, Dissonant is a loud and rebellious Jerkass punk. Even their powers post-Ascension contrasted each other - Winter Opera's domains revolve around defying things that repress/destroy one's potential and using 'evil' things like dark magic for good, while Dissonant's domains reflect the more depraved aspects of Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll and encouraging them.
- Freudian Excuse: Many of Prince Dissonant Tune's flaws stem from his past experiences as a mortal, though it's deconstructed as those same flaws influenced him to act in unsavory ways, regardless of his reasons. Thankfully, he's receiving some much-needed psychiatric help in dealing with his issues from young Mentálne, and being adopted by Moon Ray Vaughoof has helped him control his worst impulses.
- Due to his traumatic foalhood experiences with his stepfather, and War Rock being completely absent and indifferent to him and his half-siblings, Dissonant utterly despises Abusive Parents. By his own admission, he initially had a hard time believing or accepting that abusive parents can change their ways, since both of his fathers died wicked and unrepentant.
- He suffers from anger and trust issues due to being wrongly mistreated for his birth father's crimes, especially by authority figures and superheroes who thought badly of him because of his parentage. This may be part of the reason why he acts like a rebellious Punk.
- His Inferiority Superiority Complex also came from being wrongly judged and mistreated by people in his time for resembling War Rock (especially his vampiric traits) and being a musical prodigy like his birth father. His attempts to be a Card-Carrying Villain like War Rock left him utterly miserable and nearly killed him when he was hospitalized for a drug overdose. He gets better after that, but while he has grown comfortable with his role as a constructive villain and even enjoys it, he still questions his place in the world at times and can be hard on himself whenever he thinks he failed.
- Friend to All Children: Despite his evil nature, he's very fond of young children and serves as a big brother figure for them. It's noted that it's not a good idea to harm a child in his presence.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: He was once an innocent and sweethearted colt who idolized his increasingly abusive stepfather, and took up music just to please him. Now, he's an evil Alicorn god of Music, Vice, Corruption, and Revelry, though he plays the villain for constructive purposes.
- Generation Xerox: Though some circumstances happened differently, his daughter, Hudba, would go through almost the same trials and hardships that he himself went through as a mortal - bullied at a young age for something beyond her control, going through a phase where she acted like a complete Jerkass to everyone, and then going through a life-changing event that spurred her to become a punisher of the wicked and tester of heroes.
- Gentle Giant: Double-subverted. He's a tall and lanky-bodied Alicorn Punk who acts quite rude, loud, hot-tempered, and rebellious. However, he's a constructive villain who largely acts that way to test and motivate heroes. When not being a villain or playing music, he is a Jerk with a Heart of Gold who is loyal to his family/friends and is notably a Friend to All Children.
- God of Evil: He's an Alicorn god who embodies Vice and Corruption, as well as the wicked/unfettered aspects of Music and Revelry. His entry describes him as The Quincy Punk who acts like a loud, wild, and rebellious Jerkass to people, and is unapologetically evil. However, it's subverted as he is a follower of 'constructive Evil', and much of his behavior is a front he puts up to test/motivate heroes. He did indulge in 'destructive Evil' for a time, but it was thanks to being wrongly judged and mistreated by many people for being a musical prodigy and one of War Rock's illegitimate children, which convinced him that he might as well be evil if his parentage made him such. What pushed him into 'constructive Evil' was meeting Luminiferous, which made him aware of other, better paths he could take, and learning of Moon Ray Vaughoof's life story and struggles with drug/alcohol addiction. When not playing the villain, he's actually much nicer, empathetic, and loving than he initially appears, albeit still rough around the edges.
- Goggles Do Nothing: Averted. During his days as a mortal supervillain, he wore dark-tinted goggles to protect his eyes.
- Good Needs Evil: He chose to become a constructive villain because of his admiration for Moon Ray and his efforts to become sober in life, and wants everyone else to follow Moon Ray's example when tested by evil. He also sees himself as the living embodiment of the Second-Age music industries's sins, depravities, and corruption, so the duty of punishing genuinely wicked and unrepentant individuals falls on him.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Specifically, he's a divine Dhampyr, having been sired after War Rock turned himself into a Vampire and had a one-night stand with his mother.
- Happily Adopted: This happens twice in his life.
- After losing his mother and stepfather to a Murder-Suicide as a colt (his stepfather initially intended to kill him, too, but their neighbors calling the police drove his stepfather to kill himself instead), Dissonant would be placed in a more stable and loving foster family by Social Services. This helped him with his foalhood trauma, though it's noted it still took a while for him to recover.
- In the Fourth Age, three Ages after outliving his foster family, Dissonant would be adopted by Moon Ray Vaughoof, his idol and hero. He was so happy with the news that he apparently cried, according to Moon Ray, though Dissonant denies it. It got to the point where he disowns War Rock as his father upon meeting him in-person in the Fourth Age, as he now regards Moon Ray as his 'true' father.
- Harmful to Minors: When he was a colt, Dissonant was abused by his stepfather, who grew increasingly hateful and jealous towards him for being a bastard hybrid foal with lots of prodigious musical talent. It came to a head when, in a fit of maddened rage over his life falling apart thanks to his rampant partying and drug use, the stallion murdered Dissonant's mother, and would have gone little Dissonant, too, had neighbors not called the police on him, upon which he killed himself. Dissonant was found hiding under his own bed by police, and while he was subsequently raised by a loving foster family, it left him with trauma that contributed to his hatred of Abusive Parents.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: As part of his Punk getup, he wore a black leather jacket with various button pins on its collar. After Ascending to godhood, he now wears a divine version of his jacket.
- History Repeats: His attempts to ensure Hudba grew up with a loving father by doting and spoiling her, yet not disciplining her when necessary, only resulted in Hudba becoming a Spoiled Brat - a.k.a. the same thing War Rock's own parents did to him as a colt, leading to his rise. Moon Ray/Canticum bluntly spelling this out causes Dissonant Tune to realize he screwed up as a parent and spurs him to try make amends for his mistakes.
- Hitler Ate Sugar:
- Deconstructed. Being one of War Rock's sons who also happened to be a musical prodigy made him a frequent victim of people who judged and mistreated him for his parentage, despite not doing anything to actually deserve it. This gave him a lot of psychological issues, and because of his experiences, he hates such trigger-happy and intolerant attitudes, believing they enabled and encouraged real criminals to do horrible things unimpeded. At one point, he gave all of Ponyland a blistering "The Reason You Suck" Speech for distracting themselves with their moral hypocrisy and self-righteousness, since they're largely the reason why pedophilic criminals like Glittering Glamour and Wishful Fix were able to flourish in the first place.
- Ironically, he initially didn't like being worshiped at all because it reminded him of how War Rock's cultists only treated him as either his father's heir or his 'second-coming'. This caused him to undergo a period of emotional upset that his adoptive father, Moon Ray Vaughoof, tried to help him deal with, though Moon Ray admitted he wasn't the best person to approach on the subject since he, too, felt awkward over being worshiped himself at the time. Instead, Moon Ray directed his son to Gagal, who helped Healing Song with a similar issue. Gagal's advice helped Dissonant recover and made him realize that he actually liked being feared and respected for being a 'constructive' villain, so he founded a religious order whose members followed his philosophy in 'constructive Evil'.
- Holy Halo: Inverted. He has a halo made of Vice energy, and he's a constructively villainous Alicorn who spreads evil and corruption to test heroes while damning the truly wicked and/or unrepentant.
- Hot-Blooded: Deconstructed. He's described by his entry as being hot-tempered, which is part of his behavior as The Quincy Punk. However, while it's part of his constructive villainy, his temper is rooted in traumatic experiences with Abusive Parents and being wrongly mistreated by those who judged him based on the crimes committed by his birth father, War Rock. He utterly despises abusive parents and (by his own admission) has difficulty accepting that they can change their ways, and he is very distrustful of authority figures and their intentions. His temper also makes him prone to recklessness at times. Fortunately, he has Moon Ray to rein him in, and Mentálne is helping him overcome his issues.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: He's an extremely tall Alicorn compared to his younger adoptive sister, Ruya, a teenage mortal Northern Griffoness. They have a loving sibling relationship, though he can get on Ruya's nerves at times. It's justified as he was born tall thanks to War Rock's genetics, and Ascending to godhood made him even taller.
- Human Mom, Non-Human Dad: He was conceived when his mother, an Earth Pony mare, had a one-night stand with his birth father, War Rock, who had turned himself into a vampire at the time to give himself immortality. His vampire genes, combined with his Strong Family Resemblance to War Rock and his prodigious musical talents, gave him a lot of grief in his mortal youth that led to him developing numerous psychological issues later on, and understandably led to him hating his birth father.
- Hypocrite: While he hates people who are quick to label certain things as 'evil' just because an evil person did it, he turned out to be guilty of doing the same thing himself by avoiding certain things that his birth father, War Rock, did in life, such as being worshipped by others and having kids. He later gets over it, thanks to his family and people who helped him overcome his issues like Gagal, Mentálne, and Zmeniť.
- I Hate You, Vampire Dad: He was born a Dhampyr because War Rock was already a Vampire when he had a one-night stand with his mother. War Rock being absent and indifferent to his many illegitimate children, combined with being wrongly blamed and judged for his birth father's crimes, understandably led to him hating War Rock. Being treated as either his father's 'second coming' or heir by fanatical cultists of War Rock doesn't help, either. It got to the point where he sees Moon Ray Vaughoof as his true father upon being adopted by the latter, and when he meets War Rock for the first time in the Fourth Age, he disowns War Rock as his father. He also refused to speak of War Rock around his daughter Hudba exactly for this reason, at least until Moon Ray/Canticum forced him to acknowledge that he was repeating history by spoiling Hudba, which is exactly what War Rock's parents did with him.
- Immortality Begins at Twenty: Subverted. Because deities in general only get Stronger with Age, he will only gain more power and eldritch traits as he gets 'older', which Queen Mzazi states is normal for Alicorns. As a "Tier IV"-ranked god and a 'prodigy deity', he possesses a chaotically rippling black and red mane made of Vice energy, a magical wing gradient going from yellow to black and red, and a baleful halo made of Vice energy.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: Zigzagged and deconstructed. He takes great pride in not becoming like War Rock and enjoys being a constructive villain, but he also suffers from insecurities about his self-worth and place in the world. This stemmed from being seen/treated by Ponyland as being as bad as his birth father just for being born his son, which made him believe that he might as well be evil. But living the same self-destructive lifestyle as War Rock only left him miserable and nearly killed him. Even after becoming an Alicorn god who tempts/punishes the wicked, he can surprisingly be hard on himself whenever he thinks he failed in his duties. Fortunately, being adopted by Moon Ray Vaughoof, who proves himself to be every bit the loving father War Rock wasn't, and receiving much-needed therapy from Mentálne is helping him recover.
- Intergenerational Friendship: He's a "Tier IV"-ranked god, making him much older than Muziki, a student of Moon Ray and a demigod (i.e. the divine equivalent of a 'baby'). Despite this, they were able to get along with each other pretty well.
- Interspecies Friendship:
- At some point, he befriended Zmeniť, a Deer goddess of Technology, Change, and Storms who previously left the Elternteil Deer Pantheon out of rage towards their abuse and toxic hypocrisy. This led to them going on various misadventures where they sow the seeds of rebellion in oppressive and/or tyrannical societies, including an incident where he and Zmeniť vandalized a magnificent Alvslog tree statue made in honor of High King Irmisnul, Zmeniť's father. They would later graduate to Interspecies Romance after falling in love and siring a daughter in Hudba.
- He would also end up befriending Moon Ray's student, Muziki, an Abadalicorn demigod.
- Interspecies Romance: He and Zmeniť became friends at some point, but they would later fall in love. This leads to the birth of Hudba after Zmeniť helped him overcome his insecurities regarding whether or not he'll become a bad father should he have kids.
- Ironic Hell: According to a Codexverse quote, his Hell-Realm in the Kerajaan Pantheon is an extremely cruel parody of the entertainment industries. Damned shades who exploited/abused their clients are in turn exploited and controlled by sleazy managers; those who stalked and obsessed over certain celebrities are given the same treatment; and those who bullied and sabotaged fellow musicians out of jealousy towards their fame are now bullied and sabotaged like their perceived 'rivals', among other things.
- It's All About Me: He became a musician and a supervillain purely for his own self-interests... or so he claims. In reality, he became a villain so he could test heroes and punish those who are genuinely wicked and/or unrepentant, unlike his birth father, War Rock. Ironically, he once behaved this way in his mortal youth after dealing with public mistreatment for being one of War Rock's bastard sons, and did things like ruin the lives of fellow musicians the moment they started threatening his career. Luminiferous knew of his potential for self-destructive villainy, and their meeting during an emotionally low period kicked off a series of events that led to him becoming a constructive villain.Prince Dissonant Tune: I'm purely out for my own self-interests. Is it wrong? Yes... to you, anyway. Am I sorry for it? No, I'm not. And there ain't a damn thing you can do about it.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's rude, hot-tempered, wild, and rebellious, and like his friend, Cold Heart, he enjoys acting like an unpleasant Jerkass to people, including fellow, benevolent musicians. And as a supervillain, he's quite hammy and gets off from the rage and hatred many heroes have for him. However, as a constructive villain, much of it is just an act he puts up to test and motivate heroes. When not being a villain, or playing music, he's a Friend to All Children, greatly sympathizes with abuse victims and those who were judged/blamed for other people's actions, and is incredibly loyal to his friends and family. He also has a somewhat sarcastic sense of humor.
- Karmic Jackpot: His decision to become a constructive villain who punished the wicked elements of the Second Age's music industries would lead to him being tutored by Luminiferous and the children of either Adversus or Nekelmu (some say both). His deeds afterward would allow him to Ascend to godhood, something his birth father, War Rock, tried obtaining for himself yet failed in the end.
- Lean and Mean: Subverted. He inherited his tall height and lanky body from War Rock, his birth father. But unlike War Rock, who is a monstrous, sociopathic villain, he's a constructive villain who tests and motivates heroes, and has a softer side outside of it.
- Like Father, Like Son:
- Much like his adoptive father, Moon Ray Vaughoof (later 'Prince Canticum Lunae Cahaya'), he was abused and neglected by father-figures in his life and, after becoming a musician, fell into a period of addiction that nearly killed him. And like Moon Ray, he had anger issues and bore a grudge towards certain groups related to those who wronged him (drug dealers for Moon Ray, Abusive Parents for Dissonant). Fortunately, Moon Ray has shaped himself enormously since adopting Dissonant so he can be the good father his son deserved.
- Due to being a Daddy's Girl, his daughter, Hudba, takes more after him. Like him, she's a leather-wearing musician and is prideful, loud, and hammy, especially on-stage. She also went through a phase where she behaved similarly to War Rock, which was exactly what he went through before becoming a constructive villain, though the circumstances that led to said phases are different.
- Like Father, Unlike Son: Despite both of them being villains, he is completely different from War Rock in many ways. One notable difference is their motivations for villainy: While War Rock became a villain to gain immortality and be worshiped forever, Dissonant became a villain to test/motivate heroes and punish the wicked for giving in to their temptations. And unlike War Rock, who sired hundreds of illegitimate children and only saw them as unwanted consequences of his hedonistic lifestyle, Dissonant fell in love with his friend Zmeniť and became a good father to his daughter, Hudba, even though he made mistakes in raising her.
- Loser Son of Loser Dad: Deconstructed. Like his older half-sister, Winter Opera, he was wrongly judged and mistreated by those quick to accuse him of crimes his birth father, War Rock, committed in life, despite being completely innocent. His striking resemblance to War Rock and the fact that he's a musical prodigy like his father added fuel to the fire. At first, he tried to stay good in the face of undeserved criticism, but later he snapped and followed in War Rock's hoofsteps anyway, convinced that if his parentage made him evil, he might as well be evil. Deep down, he actually felt miserable, and his self-destructive hedonism got him hospitalized following a near-fatal overdose. He went through an existential crisis afterwards, but meeting Luminiferous made him aware of better alternative paths he can take. During his soul-searching, he came across Moon Ray Vaughoof's memorial statue and learned of the latter's struggles with addiction in life. He found Moon Ray to be so inspiring that he became a constructive villain, resolving to test heroes and damn the wicked so everyone can triumph like Moon Ray in the face of vice and corruption. His experiences with this trope made him hate moral hypocrisy and sympathetic towards those who went through similar situations, but he also suffered from a lot of issues that stem from it, such as low self-esteem and distrust towards authority figures.
- Made of Evil: After Ascending to godhood, he started seeing himself as the living embodiment of the Second-Age music industries' sins, depravities, and corruption. Therefore, the duty of punishing genuinely wicked, unrepentant people and testing heroes falls on him.
- Magic Hair: After Ascending, his mane and tail became composed of chaotically rippling Vice energy.
- Magic Music: As a god of Music, he can do things like healing, providing helpful buffs to his allies, calming down and soothing listeners, and breaking certain curses with music. Because he prefers Punk Rock and embodies the unfettered aspects of Music, he uses his music to inspire emotions like fear, anger, and distrust, and has incited outright rebellion on multiple occasions. He only does the last part for constructive purposes, though, such as inspiring people to defy laws and beliefs that are genuinely harmful.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Song of Corruption", due to embodying Corruption and being a constructively villainous Alicorn god.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: As a god of Music, he can unleash powerful, disorienting screams, which he manifests with a Punk Rock scream. He can also magically adjust the volume and impact of his screams.
- Make Some Noise: As a god of Music, he can use Sound Magic and, while not as powerful as a Sound deity like Prince Crystal Clear, is skilled in the offensive aspects of it. He can do things like turn into an entity of pure sound, unleash powerful, disorienting screams, project concussive blasts and sound waves, and manifest pure vibrations that can weaken and shatter things. Because of his musical preferences, he has manifested his sonic screams with a Punk Rock scream, and can adjust the volume and impact of them. He can also create new sounds or take existing sounds and play them on loop, which he once used to undermine a Pony Autorist rally by playing looping fart noises, turning both the rally and its hosts into a laughingstock.
- Make Them Rot: Much like Princess Hnignun, who embodies Decay, his domain of Corruption allows him to cause something or someone to wither away upon touch.
- Metal Scream: Well, Punk Rock, in his case. Whenever he unleashes sonic screams, he manifests them with a Punk Rock scream.
- Missing Mom: Justified. His birth mother was killed by his stepfather in a fit of maddened rage, while his foster mother was presumably outlived when he became an Alicorn.
- Mix-and-Match Critters: His true form as an Alicorn has the chimeric traits of all mortal Pony tribes, such as the Musical Pony's chest gem, the Flutter Pony's butterfly wings, and the Sea Pony's aquatic gills and tail. However, his Dhampir heritage also gives him traits of the lesser-known Night Pony tribes, of which there remains little information.
- More Deadly Than the Male: Though a 'prodigy deity' and a skilled, powerful warlock himself, he believes that his older half-sister, Princess Winter Opera, is more powerful than him because she embodies Dark Magic as a concept.
- Multicolored Hair: Unlike War Rock, whose mane and tail are entirely red, his mane and tail are black with red stripes.
- The Music Meister: By combining his domains of Revelry and Music together, he can magically make someone suddenly start dancing and singing in impromptu musical numbers.
- My God, What Have I Done?: He realizes just how much he screwed up in raising Hudba after Moon Ray/Canticum chews him out for turning Hudba into a Spoiled Brat by spoiling her yet not properly disciplining her whenever she made serious mistakes. To make up for this, he has everyone who knew War Rock come together and psychically show Hudba their memories of what War Rock did when he was alive. Hudba was so terrified that it makes her rethink her behavior and choose to make amends for it.
- Noble Demon: He's an unapologetically evil Alicorn god, and he was a music-themed supervillain in the Second Age. However, he's a 'constructive' villain who tests heroes with his evil, so unlike his birth father, War Rock, who was a monstrous and narcissistic sociopath, he has lines he wouldn't dare cross. Ultimately, his villainy was influenced by good actions made by good people - he was inspired by Moon Ray Vaughoof's struggles with addiction and success in achieving sobriety, and wants everyone else to be like his idol.
- Not So Different: Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae essentially tells him that by spoiling Hudba and not disciplining her for serious mistakes, he's repeating history with War Rock's parents, who did the same thing to their musically-talented son until he became a narcissistic and entitled sociopath as an adult.Prince Canticum Lunae Cahaya: (to Prince Dissonant Tune) Y'know why War Rock got dragged down ta yer Great Uncle Malus' Hell-Pits after he died?! It's 'cause 'is own parents never bothered ta raise 'im right n' proper! An' 'cause of that, he ran himself into the ground so hard that he died a monster, all while refusin' ta listen ta those who did their best ta redeem 'im!
- Offing the Offspring: Narrowly averted. His stepfather tried to kill him after killing his mother, yet committed suicide once he learned his neighbors called the police on him. The police found him hiding underneath his own bed, and while he was put in a good foster family, the incident left him with lingering trauma.
- Outliving One's Offspring: Inverted. He ends up outliving his birth father, his stepfather, his birth mother, and his foster parents, especially after becoming an Alicorn; what makes the case with his stepfather ironic is that the latter tried to kill him as a colt in a fit of maddened rage, only to commit suicide once he learns the neighbors heard him and called the police.
- Parental Abandonment: Justified. His mother and stepfather (the latter whom was very abusive to him growing up) died in a Murder-Suicide, while War Rock, his birth father, treated his many illegitimate children as unwanted consequences of his hedonistic lifestyle. As a result, despite turning out mostly well-adjusted due to being raised by a loving foster family, he suffered from numerous psychological issues, including an utter hatred of Abusive Parents in general. It's also implied that he ended up outliving his foster family, too, once he became an Alicorn. Fortunately, being adopted by Moon Ray Vaughoof and receiving psychiatric help from Mentálne is helping him recover.
- Parents as People: Being abandoned by his birth father, and abused and nearly killed by his stepfather, gave him a lot of emotional baggage that he still struggles with in the present day. He tried compensating for this by indulging his young daughter, Hudba, but his parenting led to her becoming a Spoiled Brat until Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae called him out on it, motivating him to fix his mistake by having everyone psychically show Hudba their memories of War Rock. Despite his fears, insecurities, and failures, he genuinely wants to be the good father that his own father-figures weren't, and loves his little "Huddy" with all his heart and soul.
- A Party, Also Known as an Orgy: As a god of Revelry, he can combine his domain with his other domains of Vice and Corruption so he can turn any party into orgies of unrestrained depravity, addiction, and hedonism with just a little 'nudge'.
- Pet the Dog:
- One indication to his softer side is he genuinely likes Rarity's mohawk and punk attire enough to compliment them. His compliment gets Rarity blushing and giggling like a school filly.
- He is also a genuine Friend to All Children and serves as a big brother figure for them, despite a Punk delinquent normally being the last sort of person to associate with children.
- Psychic Powers: He has telepathy and empathy, as well as precognition. His domain of Revelry also grants him a psychic intuition that tells him what people would like in a party.
- The Quincy Punk: He usually appears as a Punk with a Death Hawk-style mohawk, a leather jacket, a white 'Anarchy' T-shirt, a studded bracelet on his left foreleg, and ear/facial piercings. Fittingly, he is quite rude, loud, wild, hot-tempered, and rebellious, which reflects in his music. And like his friend, 'Princess' Cold Heart, he enjoys being as unpleasant to people as possible. This has led to his career being rocked with multiple scandals, but he is unapologetic towards his actions. It's subverted since he acts this way as part of his constructive villainy, so outside of it he's a Jerk with a Heart of Gold who loves and is loyal to his family/friends, and is a Friend to All Children. Much of his behavior also stems from personal reasons such as an abusive upbringing or public mistreatment simply for being a supervillain's bastard son.
- Reality Warper: Combining his domains of Vice and Corruption grants him reality-warping abilities that can transform an area into Wretched Hives full of sin and corruption. His domain of Revelry allows him to create the perfect party by magically creating objects such as food and decorations, and ensuring said food always stays fresh while the drinks flow continuously.
- Really Gets Around: Averted. Despite being a god of Vice, Corruption, and Revelry, he's actually a virgin because he's deeply scared of becoming as bad as his birth father and stepfather if he decided to enter a long-term relationship and have children (though his devotion to spreading 'constructive Evil' contributed to it as well). This changes when he befriends and later falls in love with Zmeniť, who helps him overcome his issues until he's ready to take the next step in their relationship, which leads to the birth of their daughter, Hudba.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: At one point, he gave the people Ponyland an utterly blistering speech for their moral hypocrisy, being quick to accuse innocent people of behaving like War Rock for petty reasons, while enabling and blinding themselves to the atrocities committed by real criminals in the same breath.Prince Dissonant Tune: You Ponies are a bunch of morons! While you're all busy pointing your hooves at each other, accusing each other of acting like War Rock for the dumbest reasons, the real monsters out there are having a good time preying on foals and other innocents! Why? Because you're all too distracted by your moral self-righteousness to actually give a damn!
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: He has red eyes, and is an evil Alicorn god of Vice and Corruption. He was also a music-themed supervillain in the Second Age. Personality-wise, he acts like a loud, rebellious, and wild Jerkass. It's subverted as he is a constructive villain who tests heroes and damns the wicked, and much of his behavior is part of his act. Outside of his villainy, he has a softer and more loving side.
- Rotten Rock & Roll: He's an evil Alicorn god who embodies Music, Vice, Corruption, and Revelry, and in the Second Age, he was a music-themed supervillain like War Rock. It's subverted as unlike his birth father, he follows 'constructive Evil' and plays the villain in order to test/motivate heroes. Outside of that, he's a Jerk with a Heart of Gold who loves his family and is a Friend to All Children.
- Sand In My Eyes: During an interview with Jade Shell, he vehemently denies crying Tears of Joy the day Moon Ray decided to adopt him as his son, even though he felt really happy about it. He just drank so much water that it spilled out of his eyes.Prince Dissonant Tune: I didn't cry when you adopted me!
Prince Canticum Lunae Cahaya: Yeah, you did. Ah remember seein' ya cryin' waterfalls that day.
Prince Dissonant Tune: That wasn't me crying!
Prince Canticum Lunae Cahaya: Oh? Then what was it?
Prince Dissonant Tune: I drank too much water and it spilled through my eyes!
Prince Canticum Lunae Cahaya: Hehe.
Prince Dissonant Tune: I'm serious, Dad!
Prince Canticum Lunae Cahaya: Uh-huh, sure ya are.
- Scare 'Em Straight: His plan to make amends for turning Hudba into a Spoiled Brat involves having everyone show her what her biological paternal grandfather, War Rock, is like through their memories. The horrible things Hudba sees War Rock doing in said memories leaves her traumatized, but also makes rethink her behavior and reinvent herself as a protective patron of musicians and punisher of the wicked like her father.
- Seers: His domain of Vice grants him precognitive powers that predict what happens when people pursue their vices to unfettered degrees, and what happens when people indulge in too much virtue.
- Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll:
- Deconstructed in his younger mortal years. Despite both his birth father and stepfather ruining themselves with unfettered hedonism, he ended up following in their hoofsteps anyway because he was led to believe that if he's evil like his birth father, he might as well act like it. This led to him doing things like having sex and taking drugs. Deep down, he hated this lifestyle, and after being hospitalized for an overdose, he started questioning why he was born. A chance meeting with a disguised Luminiferous led to him discovering the memorial statue and story of Moon Ray Vaughoof, which inspired him to take up constructive villainy.
- After Ascending to godhood, he came to embody the unfettered, corrupt, and hedonistic aspects of the music industries, as his domains are Music, Vice, Corruption, and Revelry. Much of his powers involve encouraging vice and corruption, and with his domain of Revelry allowing him to magically create and host parties, he can turn any party into orgies of unrestrained depravity, addiction, and hedonism with just a little 'nudge'. That being said, because he's a constructive villain, the true purpose behind this is to test people's morality - if they refuse to participate in unfettered hedonism, they're spared, while those who gave in are eternally damned.
- Shadow Archetype:
- Invoked and exploited with his Corruption-based powers. As a god of Corruption, he can create magical copies of people with all of their flaws and sins present, and none of their good traits - he has often used this ability to help heroes acknowledge their flaws and vices, and overcome them. Notably, after Blue Suede Heartstrings killed 'The Colonel' and started his recovery, Dissonant helped him come to terms with his flawed side, especially his pride, with this ability.
- He himself acted as one for a lot of benevolent mortal/divine musicians, especially those who came from the Second Age. As a god who embodies the wicked/unfettered aspects of Music and Revelry, as well as the vices and corruption of the Second Age's music industries, he represents what happens if musicians like Melody, Blue Suede Heartstrings, and Healing Song gave in to their darker sides and let their talents go to their heads. Many of said musicians later became good friends of his (or, in Blue Suede's case, adoptive relatives), though they still oppose each other due to Dissonant's desire to morally test heroes.
- Small Role, Big Impact: His entry reveals he was indirectly responsible for the rise of Queen Eclaira, an Alicorn goddess of the Shadowpact Pantheon. Upon finding a kingdom whose unfettered obsession with beauty, fashion, and food made its residents abusive to those who failed to live up to their standards, Dissonant proceeded to tempt them further into evil in disgust. This made a young Eclaira, then a mediocre-looking Princess who was abused by her own royal family for her looks and Big Eater habits, run straight into the hooves of Overlord Vondur, only to come back later as a voracious sorceress who devoured her foalhood kingdom in revenge. Eclaira wouldn't learn of Dissonant's involvement in her life until centuries later after his entry was published into Codex Equus.
- Stalker with a Crush: In his Hell-Realm, he invokes this behavior to punish the damned shades of people who endangered others by constantly stalking and obsessing over them to disturbing extremes.
- Tears of Joy: According to Moon Ray, he cried when he learned that he was going to be adopted by Moon Ray, whom he idolized, as his son. Dissonant denies this, though.
- Telepathy: His domains of Vice and Corruption give him telepathic abilities that allow him to detect and encourage vices and corruption in others.
- Then Let Me Be Evil: Facing constant accusations and mistreatment just for being one of War Rock's illegitimate sons later made him believe that if his parentage automatically made him 'evil', he might as well be it. As a result, he became a Card-Carrying Villain who felt no remorse for his actions afterwards, but he felt deeply miserable and a near-fatal overdose caused him to question why he was born. Fortunately, a chance meeting with Luminiferous and learning of Moon Ray Vaughoof's life story inspired him to become a constructive villain instead.
- There Are No Therapists: Justified. He admitted he never saw a therapist for the entire Second Age because he believed no one would want to help War Rock's kids, and given how Ponyland treated him and his half-siblings, his feelings are understandable. It's later averted in the Fourth Age when he finally starts seeing Mentálne, who genuinely wants to help him despite his heritage and villainy. He would also receive help from Shifa' Alhabi Moufette, one of Moon Ray's students, who would help him deal with the abuse-related trauma he suffered in his youth.
- Token Evil Teammate: His domains and beliefs in constructive Evil would make him one for the Kerajaan Pantheon after he joins it. He even settles down in its local Hell-Realms, where he punishes the wicked and/or unrepentant for various crimes in life.
- Trust Password: He developed one for Healing Song to identify him because apparently his voice sounds similar to War Rock's, which is problematic for Healing Song, who was previously terrorized by War Rock. As they gradually became friends, their 'trust password' evolved into a normal ritual for them, though they use variations.Prince Healing Song: Hey Dissy! How many chips did you eat today?
Prince Dissonant Tune: Uh, about five bags worth.
Prince Healing Song: You eat too many damn chips.
Prince Dissonant Tune: Better than having a chip on my shoulder.
Prince Healing Song: Eyyyyy!
- Unexpected Virgin: Despite being an evil Alicorn god of Vice, Corruption, and Revelry, it turns out he didn't sleep around as is normally expected of someone of his morality and station. The few relationships he had didn't last very long, and while his devotion to spreading constructive evil contributed to it, he also felt deeply scared of becoming a deadbeat like his birth father or an abuser like his stepfather. Fortunately, his lover Zmeniť is very understanding and doesn't shame him for it, instead helping him overcome his insecurities. This leads to the birth of their daughter, Hudba, once they finally take the next step.
- Unpleasant Parent Reveal:
- While he already knew of War Rock's crimes, he is furious when he learns his birth father was resurrected as a Vampire Lord in the Fourth Age. Meeting him in-person shows exactly what a bastard his father is, and he essentially disowns War Rock as family.War Rock: That godhood you have, it should've been mine. I deserved it.
Prince Dissonant Tune: Well, sucks to be you, Pops. Oh wait, you're not my Pops anymore. I got adopted by some-creature who truly loves me.
War Rock: Pfft, please. Who'd want to love a bastard like you?
Prince Dissonant Tune: Moon Ray Vaughoof, that's who. And I hope you're still allergic to sunlight, 'cause I REALLY wanna buck you straight into the damn sun right now.
- Later invoked by him with his daughter, Hudba. To make amends for spoiling Hudba and stop her from becoming as bad as War Rock, he has everyone who knew War Rock in life telepathically show Hudba their memories of what War Rock was like when he was alive. The things Hudba sees scare her so much that she's left traumatized, but it also makes her rethink her behavior, leading to her reinventing herself as a protective patron of musicians and punisher of the wicked.
- While he already knew of War Rock's crimes, he is furious when he learns his birth father was resurrected as a Vampire Lord in the Fourth Age. Meeting him in-person shows exactly what a bastard his father is, and he essentially disowns War Rock as family.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Little Dissonant was a sweet, innocent colt who loved and idolized his musician stepfather, and took up music himself just to please him. By present day, he's a constructive villain who acts like The Quincy Punk to test and motivate heroes, though he still has a softer side, albeit one that's rough around the edges.
- Vampires Hate Garlic: Downplayed. As a Dhampir, he has increased tolerance to garlic and can eat it like any other person, though it gives him physical discomfort instead of outright poisoning him. His daughter, Hudba, inherited this weakness from him, though it's not really a problem due to her being a goddess and her heritage being diluted by this point.
- Villainous Lineage:
- He inherited his Pride from his birth father, War Rock. It's deconstructed as his parentage, career choice, and behaviors got Dissonant wrongly accused and mistreated for War Rock's crimes, which convinced him that he might as well be evil since his birth father was evil. However, acting like War Rock made him utterly miserable, and he suffered an existential crisis following his hospitalization for a drug overdose. Meeting Luminiferous made him aware of the various paths he could take in life, but after finding Moon Ray Vaughoof's memorial statue in Silicon Valley and learning of his life story, he decided to become a constructive villain so he could punish the wicked.
- It's later revealed that this is largely why he never had a long-lasting romantic relationship with anyone. He believed that being an abusive parent is inherent, and was afraid of either becoming a deadbeat like War Rock or an abusive dick like his stepfather should he decide to have kids. Fortunately, his friend-turned-lover, Zmeniť, was very understanding when she found out and helped him overcome his issues. He succeeds in being a better father to Hudba, though he did make some mistakes of his own.
- Walking Wasteland: As a god of Corruption, he can foul up forested environments, making plants/animals wither and die so long as the curse is in effect.
- Warrior Prince: He's an ancient Alicorn Prince from the Second Age, and he adopted the title after Ascending to godhood. He's also a Combat Pragmatist who is very willing to fight dirty, though he also received military combat training from his adoptive uncle, Blue Suede Heartstrings/Prince Caerulus Melodia Equestria, a war veteran and former sniper called 'The Blue Death' from the Second Martian-Tellusian War.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: He took up music as a colt so he could please his abusive stepfather and earn his affections. Unfortunately, the reveal that he's a musical prodigy just worsened things between them, as his stepfather resented him for it on top of having to care for a bastard hybrid foal. By the present day, he has absolutely no love for his stepfather due to fully understanding what an abusive bastard he was now.
- Winged Unicorn: He became an Alicorn after Ascending to godhood under the combined tutelage of Luminiferous and the Grand Primevals' children. His entry describes him as a tall and handsome Alicorn with a black and red mane and tail made of chaotically-rippling Vice energy, a baleful Holy Halo made of Vice energy, and a pair of large, feathered bat wings with a magical gradiant going from yellow to black and red. Due to having Ascended before Winter Opera did, he's older and taller than her despite being biologically younger than his half-sister.
- With Great Power Comes Great Perks: He once used his sound magic to play looping fart noises during a Pony Autorist rally as a prank, turning both the rally and its hosts into a laughingstock.
- You're Not My Father: Upon meeting War Rock in-person in the Fourth Age, he essentially disowns him as his father, having come to regard Moon Ray Vaughoof as his 'true' father due to how nice and loving he treats him compared to War Rock.
- See her folder entry here.
Portfolio: Temperance, Addiction, Ice
Muziki (his entry here) is the Kerajaan Abadalicorn demigod of Temperance, Addiction, and Ice, and is a young musician who got a second chance at life after repenting for his sins.
- Abstract Apotheosis: After spending years atoning for his sins by working as an Angel of Temperance under Moon Ray, he would confront and forgive his abusive, racist ex-manager, Fair Cut, letting go of all the hatred he once had for him.
- Adult Fear: Like Dissonant Tune and others, he was concerned when he witnessed Moon Ray suddenly screaming in extreme pain before collapsing and inexplicably falling into a coma on-stage. Fortunately, Moon Ray would wake up several days later and fully recover.
- Angelic Transformation: He was turned into an Angel of Temperance by Moon Ray Vaughoof after resolving to make up for his drug-dealing ways in life, so he could earn a second chance at life.
- Armor-Piercing Response: He would receive one from Moon Ray after explaining his situation and trying to justify his actions as a drug dealer. The response was what caused him to remember what inspired him to become a musician and break down out of guilt, realizing that rather than keep looking for a better alternative path like Moon Ray did, he gave up and turned to crime instead.Moon Ray Vaughoof: Ah found another way, didn't Ah? Lots of ponies have hard lives, kid.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's an Abadalicorn demigod who embodies Temperance, Addiction, and Ice.
- Artifact of Attraction: As a demigod of Addiction, he can use the 'Want-It Need-It' spell and make everyone obsess over a chosen target of choice. However, he doesn't like using this ability.
- The Atoner: After being screwed over by his manager and oppressed by local Tribalists, he turned to drug-dealing in his desperation to earn money, knowing full well what drugs do to people and that he was getting innocent youths addicted to his drugs. After dying of a drug overdose and being confronted on his actions by Moon Ray, he realized that he wasted his life on crime instead of looking for other ways to succeed, and resolves to make up for his drug-dealing so he could earn a second chance at life. Moon Ray obliges his request and turns him into an Angel of Temperance so he could do just that. After years of atonement and forgiving his manager, he comes Back from the Dead, Ascending to demi-godhood in the process.
- Back from the Dead: Invoked. Because he died wasting his life on drug-dealing while getting others addicted to drugs just to survive, Muziki feels extremely guilty and wants to return to life to make up for his sins. However, Moon Ray explains that it is possible, yet it is extremely difficult because actually returning to life meant Muziki would have to earn a divine 'Spark' big enough to revive him and grant him godhood. Muziki still chooses to train under Moon Ray to earn his second chance, since the other option (becoming an 'Angel of Death') would bind him to the afterlife like Moon Ray is. Eventually, he succeeds in his goal, Ascending to demi-godhood and coming back to life as he wanted.
- Badass Cape: Like Moon Ray, his mentor, he would take to wearing a poncho, but mixing in Zebrican tribal stylings and bearing earthy colors.
- Bad Powers, Good People: He's a god of Addiction, a domain usually possessed by Fallen and 'constructively Evil' deities. However, instead of causing addictions to tempt mortals, he uses his domain for positive purposes such as sensing addictions, and magically suppressing them to make others realize they've become addicted. That being said, he can inflict addictions (with the accompanying symptoms), but he usually does so to teach people the dangers of addiction and punish drug dealers for leading innocents into addiciton. His domain also grants him access to the 'Want-It Need-It' spell, but he doesn't like using it.
- Came Back Strong: His method of resurrection involved returning to the mortal planes as a demigod, making him much stronger than he was in life.
- Deity of Human Origin: He became an Abadalicorn demigod after spending years atoning for his sins as an Angel of Temperance under his mentor, Moon Ray Vaughoof, and then forgiving his racist ex-manager, Fair Cut, for abusing and exploiting him.
- Elemental Embodiment: He embodies Ice, which is one of his domains. His entry notes his Ice domain is a spin-off of Moon Ray's Water domain.
- Embodiment of Virtue: He became a demigod of Temperance after Ascending and coming Back from the Dead. He's noted to have similar powers as Moon Ray, whom he shares his Temperance domain with, but they're far weaker compared to his mentor's.
- Fan Boy: He idolized Moon Ray Vaughoof through stories of the latter's accomplishments in the Second Age, and wanted to become a Blues musician like him so he can bring the Blues genre back to prominence in the Fourth Age. However, being discriminated against by Tribalist gangs and horrifically screwed over by a racist, greedy manager dashed his dreams, and made him so desperate for money that he turned to drug-dealing. Once he died of an overdose and met Moon Ray in person, he was so ashamed that he couldn't bear to look at his foalhood hero in the eye. Thankfully, Moon Ray showing him mercy while also pointing out what he did wrong motivated him to atone for his actions, and eventually he would come Back from the Dead as a demigod.
- Fantastic Racism: He grew up in an Equestrian neighborhood that was rife with Tribalist gangs, leading to Muziki being discriminated against for being an Abada. Muziki's race is also what in part led to him being abused by his extremely corrupt record agent, Fair Cut, who exploited him and cheated him out of his fame and fortune by giving any songs he wrote to other non-Abada musicians. When Muziki confronted Fair Cut over this, Fair Cut had a Tribalist gang beat him up and leave him for dead. The Tribalist attitudes at the time would also prevent Muziki and his family from getting normal jobs, forcing Muziki to become a drug dealer in order to stay afloat despite utterly hating it for the harm he was causing others. But after fatally overdosing and meeting Moon Ray, Muziki realizes what he had done, and resolves to come back to life by atoning for his crimes. He succeeds in doing so, and later uses his wealth to expose the Tribalists in his neighborhood and get rid of them for good once he becomes a successful Blues musician under a better agent.
- Forgiveness: Both on the giving and receiving ends.
- After dying from a drug overdose and meeting his idol, Moon Ray Vaughoof, Muziki tries to justify his becoming a drug dealer with his past experiences with racism and abuse. But when Moon Ray points out that he "found another way" despite having a similarly hard life, Muziki realizes that he just gave up and proceeds to break down over how he wasted his own life in the face of suffering. Muziki's genuine remorse is what moves Moon Ray to forgive and help him come Back from the Dead once he decides to atone for his actions.
- Despite wanting to hate his abusive, racist ex-manager, Fair Cut, Muziki discovers that in his absence, Fair Cut actually became an addicted, pathetic, and broken shell of a stallion who wasted his life on trivial things like women, money, and alcohol. This makes Muziki realize they're Not So Different, so he genuinely forgives Fair Cut to rob the older stallion of any power he once held over him, before allowing Malus Manes to drag his ex-manager down to the Hell-Realms.
- God in Human Form: Justified. After coming back to life as a demigod and becoming a professional Blues musician for real, he initially hid his demi-divinity to avoid accusations of riding on it to become successful. It's later averted; following Moon Ray's acceptance of his own pride, he would later learn the same lesson and be more open with his demigod form.
- An Ice Person: As a demigod of Ice, he has the ability to control ice. He can freeze things, manipulate it in various forms, and has a natural immunity to cold. It also makes him stronger. When performing on-stage, he uses his ice magic to produce a great range of special stage effects. His entry notes that his Ice domain is an elemental spin-off of Moon Ray's Water domain.
- I Did What I Had to Do: Deconstructed. Deep down, he hated what he became and felt guilty for turning innocent youths into addicts, so he tried to cope with his guilt by turning to drugs and convincing himself his drug-dealing was necessary to keep his family financially afloat. However, after dying of an overdose and being confronted by Moon Ray Vaughoof on his actions, he realizes that he gave up in the face of hardship instead of looking for ways to overcome it like Moon Ray did. He breaks down, lamenting how he wasted his life over trivial things like money.
- Intergenerational Friendship: He's a demigod, the divine equivalent of a baby, while Dissonant Tune, Moon Ray's adoptive son, is an ancient "Tier IV"-ranked god. Yet they were able to get along pretty well.
- Interspecies Friendship: He, an Abadalicorn demigod, would end up befriending Moon Ray's adoptive son, Dissonant Tune, an Alicorn god.
- Justified Criminal: Deconstructed. Upon dying from a drug overdose and meeting Moon Ray Vaughoof, his idol, Muziki breaks down and explains the racism he suffered and tries to justify his drug-dealing as a necessary measure to keep his family financially afloat... even though he knew that he'll be harming innocent people in the process. Moon Ray proceeds to point out that he had a hard life, too, and yet he worked hard until he overcame it. This is what makes Muzuki remember the stories that inspired him to get into music and realize he had given up by turning to drug-dealing, and he bitterly lampshades this while beating himself up for it.Muziki: I... I... I don't have an excuse... I... I should've tried harder... I should've looked elsewhere... I should've done a million other things... I wasted my life.
- Karmic Jackpot: His efforts in atoning for his drug-dealing ways by working as an Angel of Temperance under Moon Ray would eventually lead to him coming back to life as a full-fledged Abadalicorn demigod, fulfilling his goal in earning a second chance at life.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Invoked. After forgiving his racist, abusive ex-manager, Fair Cut, and Ascending to demi-godhood, he would return to becoming a Blues musician under a better agent thanks to Moon Ray calling Prince Maestro I. Once he finally got the big break he wanted, he used his newly-gained wealth to fix up his neighborhood and have the Tribalists who abused him arrested for their crimes.
- Magic Hair: Subverted; due to being a very young demigod, his mane and tail have not developed magical traits yet.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Angel of the Blues".
- Mix-and-Match Critters: Subverted; the equal of an Alicorn for Zebra tribes only gains wings when they become demigods, mostly remaining physically their own tribe. He won't gain aspects of all Zebra tribes (including Kelpies) until he Ascends to true godhood.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After dying from a drug overdose and meeting his idol Moon Ray Vaughoof, who was sent by the Three Deaths to redeem him, he initially tried explaining why he became a drug dealer and justifying his fall into crime. It's not until Moon Ray delivers an Armor-Piercing Response that he realizes how he just gave up in the face of suffering instead of working hard to overcome it like Moon Ray did with his own problems, and he verbally beats himself up for it. It's this display of genuine remorse that moves Moon Ray to forgive him for his sins.
- Nice Hat: Like Moon Ray, his mentor, he wears a wide-brimmed gaucho hat, but mixing in Zebrican tribal stylings and bearing earthy colors.
- Not So Different: Despite wanting to hate Fair Cut for how he mistreated him, he realizes upon seeing the sorry state his ex-manager died in that ultimately, he and Fair Cut are similar in that they allowed their desires for worldly things to destroy them. This leads to him forgiving Fair Cut and leaving his ex-manager to be condemned by Malus Manes for his crimes.
- Our Angels Are Different: He was a mortal who was turned into an Angel of Temperance by Moon Ray Vaughoof after death so he could atone for his drug-dealing in life.
- The Perfectionist: He developed perfectionist tendencies after succeeding in becoming a Blues musician the second time around, and feels somewhat paranoid about failing. This came from being affected by his experiences of being exploited and cheated out of a promising music career by his corrupt ex-manager, Fair Cut.
- Punny Name: His name sounds and is spelled similarly to "music".
- Redemption Equals Life: After becoming a drug dealer and dying because of it, he sought to return Back from the Dead to make up for his wasted life, despite Moon Ray pointing out to him that doing so is much harder than becoming a Trimortidae. Eventually, after years of training under Moon Ray and working as an Angel of Temperance to atone for his drug-dealing, he succeeds in his original goal and comes back in flesh and blood as an Abadalicorn demigod.
- Semi-Divine: He became an Abadalicorn demigod after years of atoning for his sins in drug-dealing and forgiving his ex-manager, Fair Cut, for exploiting and abusing him. Because demigods in general are the equivalent of an infant by divine standards, he's incredibly weak compared to his mentor, Moon Ray, an ancient and powerful Alicorn 'prodigy'.
- Sympathy for the Devil:
- In general, he pities those who focus too much on worldly things like material wealth, since ultimately such things can't be taken into the afterlife when they die. This came from his experiences of becoming so fixated on financial stability that he turned to drug-dealing in his desperation to earn money, leading to his fatal overdose and death.
- During his post-mortem confrontation with Fair Cut's spirit, he gradually realized that he and Fair Cut were extremely similar, having become so fixated on worldly things that they destroyed themselves in the end, dying as a result. This spurs him to forgive Fair Cut, if only to rob his ex-manager of the power he held over him, before allowing Malus Manes to drag his ex-manager down to the Hell-Realms.
- Tall Poppy Syndrome: The main reason why he hid his demi-divinity after Ascending is because he wanted to avoid accusations of riding on it to become a successful Blues musician. He gets over this after Moon Ray Vaughoof starts becoming more accepting of taking pride in himself, leading to him learning the same lesson and revealing his demigod form.
- A Taste of Their Own Medicine: As a demigod of Addiction, he gained the power to make people feel various addictions and their accompanying symptoms. He usually inflicts this on drug dealers so they would experience the suffering they caused others through peddling drugs and make them realize what they're doing is wrong.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: In his mortal youth, he was an optimistic Abada who wanted to become a Blues musician. But after being cheated out of a promising music career by Fair Cut, being left for dead by the Tribalist gang hired by Fair Cut to beat him up after he confronted his manager, and being prevented from getting a normal job by the local Tribalists in his neighborhood, he turned to drug-dealing out of desperation. However, this came at the cost of becoming an addict himself to cope with his guilt, and behaving in an increasingly withdrawn and cold manner around his family. By the time he died of an overdose, his relationships with his family had deteriorated significantly.
- Took a Level in Kindness: After dying and meeting Moon Ray Vaughoof, he would realize the harm he inflicted after his death and become an Angel of Temperance to atone for his drug-dealing. Moon Ray's influence led to him becoming more forgiving and compassionate, which later allowed him to Ascend when he forgave his ex-manager, Fair Cut, for exploiting and abusing him. It's noted that after he came Back from the Dead as a demigod, he has regained his passion for music and determination to succeed, and he has reconciled with his surviving family after apologizing to them for his behavior.
- With Great Power Comes Great Perks: When performing on-stage, he uses his Ice domain to produce a great range of special stage effects.
- Would Hurt a Child: He was willing to get kids addicted to drugs if it'll help him earn money to keep his struggling family financially afloat. Deep down, though, he felt extremely guilty over this and turned to drugs to cope with it. After dying, he realizes the full scope of his crimes when Moon Ray arrives and confronts him on his actions, spurring him to try atone for his actions so he wouldn't be remembered as a "monster".
Portfolio: Disguise, Theater, Moon
Rank: Divine (Tier IV/Greater)
Princess Maya Dolos Ponyland, born Masquerade (her entry here), is the Alicorn goddess of Disguise, Theater, and the Moon, and is a benevolent yet guile and cunning member of the Kerajaan Pantheon.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Unlike canon Masquerade, she was badly affected by her time as one of the Jewel Wizard's slaves, and suffered from four Ages worth of PTSD and claustrophobia.
- Adaptational Backstory Change: She served as Queen Majesty's spymaster and fought many threats, including Fallen deities like Abbadon, before Ascending to godhood at one point in her life. Her entry also explains how she was enslaved by the Jewel Wizard: She was pursuing a career in acting when the Jewel Wizard kidnapped her and forced her to work in his mines in total darkness for years, temporarily blinding her, until Applejack I intervened. The experience gave her PTSD and severe claustrophobia that went untreated for four Ages due to her hiding them so well.
- Adaptational Badass: In addition to everything she did in My Little Pony 'n Friends, she also served as a spymaster under Queen Majesty and fought Abbadon, an ancient Fallen deity and one of Amareros' many sons. She also managed to Ascend to godhood at some point as Princess Maya Dolos Ponyland, and secretly involved herself in many historical events over the Ages before resurfacing as herself in the Fourth Age.
- All Your Powers Combined: As an Alicorn goddess, she possesses the combined magics of all the mortal Pony tribes.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: She's an Alicorn goddess who embodies Disguise, Theater, and the Moon.
- Barrier Warrior: As a Moon goddess, she can form protective barriers with moonlight.
- Been There, Shaped History: After the first fight with Abbadon, she would spend the next three Ages playing major roles in many events under various disguises. She prefers to be secretive about who or what she was in those events, as she likes giving an air of mystery to her accomplishments... though it's believed In-Universe that she was a playwright and filmmaker during those three Ages.
- Beware the Nice Ones: She's a compassionate, kindhearted, and imaginative mare, but she can get aggressive if her friends are threatened. She's also a legendary First Age heroine and spymaster, as well as a powerful goddess. She's also a Hurting Hero who suffers from severe PTSD and Claustrophobia from her time as one of the Jewel Wizard's Pony slaves, which went untreated for four Ages.
- The Chosen Many: During the 'Dark Ages Crisis', she would be discovered to have a strong resonance with the Rainbow of Light, among other Ponies like her. With training, she became a Harmony Bearer who is capable of channeling the Rainbow of Light's Imagination aspect.
- Claustrophobia: Her experiences from being enslaved by the Jewel Wizard and forced to toil away in his dark mines left her with severe claustrophobia, which isn't helped by her being a Pegasus. Because she hid her phobia, she went untreated for four Ages, she became prone to suffering panic attacks in certain situations, such as being subjected to Smellba I's olfactory torture. Fortunately, she's finally receiving psychiatric help from Mentálne in the Fourth Age.
- Deity of Human Origin: She was once a mortal Pegasus who went from one of the Jewel Wizard's slaves to Queen Majesty's main playwright, actress, and spymaster. After many years of good deeds, she would Ascend as Princess Maya Dolos Ponyland, the Alicorn goddess of Disguise, Theater, and the Moon.
- Energy Weapon: As a Moon goddess, she can fire moonlight in the form of energy beams.
- Eye Beams: Being a Twinkle-Eyed Pony gives her the ability to channel her own Primordial Quintessence through her jeweled eyes and fire powerful energy beams.
- The Fashionista: While she constantly wears a pink tail bow as was common fashion in the First Age, she also wears a variety of costumes and likes changing her outfits frequently.
- Freak Out: Because of her PTSD and resulting claustrophobia, which she hid for four Ages, she became prone to having panic attacks in certain situations. One unfortunate encounter with Smellba I led to her being kidnapped and tortured with scent magic; while she refused to give up vital information (and succeeded in doing so), it led to her reliving horrible past memories that made her beg Smellba to stop. Even recounting the incident to Mentálne nearly sent her into a panic attack until Mentálne calmed her down.
- Goggles Do Something Unusual: She has a pair of sunglasses that was exposed to rainbow magic, giving it the ability to change the colors of other Ponies. It's mainly just a party trick.
- Gravity Master: Her Moon domain gives her a degree of gravity magic.
- Hurting Hero: She's a benevolent spymaster, actress, heroine, and goddess from the First Age... but deep down, she suffers from severe PTSD and claustrophobia from her time as one of the Jewel Wizard's slaves, which also left her temporarily blinded from toiling away in the dark mines. Because of it, certain situations would give her panic attacks, and she hid her trauma for four Ages.
- Imagination-Based Superpower: As the Bearer of Imagination, she can create 'props' by simply imagining them, which provides her some degree of both object and weapon generation.
- Light 'em Up: As a Moon goddess, she can use moonlight in the same way one woud use normal light.
- Lunacy: As a goddess of the Moon, she has similar powers to ex-Princess Luna. She can generate moonlight and use it in the form of powerful beams, blades, and barriers, etc. She can use moonlight as one would normal light, and can move the moon itself, but she has only done it occasionally while subbing for Luna. Her domain also makes her more powerful at night. In relation to her domain, she has a degree of gravity magic and tidal manipulation.
- Made a Slave: She was kidnapped as a filly by the Jewel Wizard, who proceeded to enslave her and make her work in his mines alongside other Ponies who received the same fate. Years of working in the dark made her go blind, and while she and her fellow slaves were rescued by Applejack I, who restored their sight in the process, her experiences as a former slave left her trauma as well as severe claustrophobia. Thankfully, she's receiving therapy from Mentálne, who's helping her overcome her trauma.
- Magic Hair: Her mane and tail became composed of moonlight after she Ascended to godhood.
- Making a Splash: Her Moon domain allows her to manipulate tides to some degree.
- Master Actor: Justified, as being a goddess of Theater makes her a master actress to supernatural degrees and gives her illusion magic in addition. Her domain of Theater also explains how she was able to hide any panic attacks she had while in disguise.
- Master of Disguise: Literally. As a goddess of Disguise, she can disguise herself as anything and/or anyone she desires by shapeshifting her appearance. However, unlike Changelings, her power extends to made-up personas she imagined herself. She can also disguise her powers to approximate the powers of what she's disguised as.
- Master of Illusion: As a goddess of Theater, she can create powerful illusions that affect the environment or help her disguises by making herself appear she's using powers she actually doesn't have. She can create auditory illusions as well.
- Meaningful Name:
- Her birth name, Masquerade, refers to deceptions, illusions, and disguises, as well as formal ball events where participants are required to wear masks. She's a master actress and a very cunning Pony whose intelligence and wits rivals those of Royal Changelings.
- Her Alicorn name, Maya Dolos Ponyland, is also significant. 'Maya' refers to the illusionary powers wielded by Hindu gods and demons, while 'Dolos' refers to Dolos, the Greek spirit of trickery and guile.
- Mentor Archetype: After resurfacing in the Fourth Age in her true Alicorn form, she would act as a mentor for Persona of the Novellus Pantheon, due to both of them being deities with portfolios that involve disguises and/or espionage.
- Multicolored Hair: Her mane and tail contains brown, light green, dark green, and light blue colors.
- Mutants: She's one of the progenitors of the Twinkle-Eyed Ponies, having gone blind after years of working in the dark mines as a slave before having her sight restored when Applejack I shattered the Jewel Wizard's throne, causing the magically-charged gem shards to merge with her damaged eyes. She would see this as merely a magical alteration, but it would be three Ages later that what she gained would turn into a genetic mutation.
- The Perfectionist: She can be a bit of a perfectionist, becoming very stressed when things don't go her way, and sometimes dedicating herself to things to unhealthy degrees.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: Justified. Being the Bearer of Imagination allows her to create 'props', including weaponry, by imagining them into existence.
- Stepford Smiler: Of the "Unstable" type. She's a compasisonate and kindhearted pony, but suffers from severe claustrophobia due to being a former slave of the Jewel Wizard, which is not helped by being a Pegasus. Being a goddess of Disguise and Theater means she was able to hide her trauma with masks and disguises pretty well. However, it's deconstructed as she went untreated for four Ages because of her hiding, giving her a lot of unnecessary stress and suffering. It's after meeting Mentálne that she finally gets help in overcoming her traumas.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: As a goddess of Disguise, she is a master shapeshifter. Unlike Changelings, though, she isn't limited to pre-existing creatures and objects, as she can transform into fictional personas she made up.
- Willfully Weak: She's an incredibly ancient and powerful Alicorn goddess from the First Age, but as a goddess of Disguise, she can hide her true extent of her power to varying degrees in order to better fit her disguises.
- Winged Unicorn: She's an Alicorn, which she became after Ascending to godhood in the First Age; specifically, she's a Twinkle-Eye Alicorn due to having magically-charged gemstones merge with her eyes in her youth, curing her blindness. Her entry describes her as a yellow-furred Alicorn with Multicolored Hair made of moonlight.
Alignment: Neutral/Lawful Good
Type: Model/Wife/Mother/Angel/Saint/Humble Hero
Faction: Ponyland, Kerajaan Cahayas Heaven-Realms (currently)
Saint Velvet Heart is Moon Ray Vaughoof's second love, fiancée, and later his wife.
- Celebrity Power: She's based on Russian model Janna Lapidus, but here, she died of old age and eventually became an Angel and Saint after reuniting with Moon Ray post-mortem.
- Happily Married: Twice.
- She was Moon Ray's fiancée, but they deeply loved each other. Moon Ray wanted to marry her, but his sudden death in a helicopter crash derailed things, and he regretted not marrying her before then. After she reunites with Moon Ray in the Heaven-Realms and is given the okay to date her old flame by her mortal husband, they eventually get married, with Gavisus Manes personally overseeing the wedding and both Trimortiade mebers and several of Moon Ray's old friends being among the attendees. Even though Moon Ray is asexual and thousands of years had passed, they remain deeply in love with each other to the point of behaving like Sickeningly Sweethearts at times. They're also loving parents to their adoptive children, Prince Dissonant Tune and Ruya Clearfeather, and grandparents to young Hudba, Dissonant's biological daughter.
- Then there's her first mortal husband, whom she married in the Second Age following Moon Ray's death in order to move on. Despite knowing her First Love was Moon Ray, her husband is pretty understanding of this and they remained married until they both died of old age. Her husband would later give her the okay to date Moon Ray again despite the latter initially being perfectly fine with remaining friends, which eventually leads to her marrying Moon Ray as mentioned above.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Angel of Love".
- Nice Guy: Gender-inverted. Unlike Crystal Light, a Hard-Drinking Party Girl who enabled Moon Ray's bad habits while cheating on him and using his money to fund her own drug addictions, she genuinely cared for Moon Ray and wanted to help him become sober. She also accepted Moon Ray's asexuality, which helped him accept his orientation after his divorce from Crystal Light left him ashamed of it. Because she was so supportive, Moon Ray was able to become completely sober and unsurprisingly fell head-over-hooves in love with her. It also led to her marrying Moon Ray after reuniting with him in the Heaven-Realms, with Gavisus Manes personally overseeing the wedding. Cloudy Brush commented upon meeting her that she's "a pretty cool Pony".
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: She's based on Janna Lapidus, a Russian immigrant and young rising star in the modeling business who, at the time, was Stevie Ray Vaughan's beloved girlfriend/fiancee up to his death.
- Sexless Marriage: Justified. Her husband Moon Ray is asexual (though a heteroromantic one), which led to their marriage being relatively sexless. However, it's downplayed as, by Moon Ray's admission, they did have sex a few times because he wanted his wife to feel good. But unlike Crystal Light, who grew sexually frustrated to the point of cheating on him with other stallions, Velvet Heart is tolerant and accepting of Moon Ray's asexuality.
- Women Are Wiser: She's much kinder and smarter than Crystal Light, and became a steady source of emotional support for Moon Ray while making sure he cleaned up during rehab completely. Because of this, she was credited for being Moon Ray's savior during his Darkest Hour.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral (formerly), Chaotic Good
Type: Northern Griffon/Seer/Ex-Carny/Student/Globe-trotter/Reformed Criminal
Faction: Kerajaan Cahaya, Church of the Stars
Ruya Clearfeather (her entry here) is a young Northern Griffoness and ex-criminal who used to work as a fraudulent soothsayer, but has since reformed.
- Animal Motifs:
- Her upper body is that of a Saffron-cowled Blackbird, which is an endangered species threatened by habitat loss and illegal animal trafficking. Ruya was frequently exploited by various people due to possessing precognitive sight, which deeply embittered her and caused her to see the future only as something to profit off of, while at the same time seeing those who sought out Seers like her as greedy, exploitative jerks.
- Her lower body is that of a black cat, which are usually associated with evil and misfortune. Ruya is a criminal and fraudulent soothsayer who swindled her customers out of their money, but she was also a deeply traumatized and scared chick who suffered from being exploited by others for her precognitive talent and guilt over 'abandoning' her birth family.
- Badass Family: Her adoptive father and older brother are both ancient and powerful Alicorn 'prodigies'. Most of her adoptive relatives are also powerful gods and goddesses in their own right.
- Big Eater: Justified. Because she lived in poverty for quite a while, she relished in eating good food whenever she could afford it. After being adopted, she has developed a huge appetite and has scarfed down anything that's offered to her. Moon Ray/Canticum has been helping her develop good eating habits with the purpose of regulating this.
- Book Dumb: Justified. She wasn't able to get a formal education due to having to flee her home to avoid being exploited by the local Autorist government, and being forced to turn to crime for survival. She makes up for this by being Street Smart, which essentially gives her people-reading skills and a silver tongue. With her adoption by Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae, she's finally getting a formal education.
- Close to Home: She hates bigots and racial/tribal supremacists with a burning passion due to losing her entire family to Griffon Autorists who wanted to exploit her precognitive power. She sees such people as worse than scum and will always make sure they get their comeuppance; if she somehow ends up working with them, she'll betray them and make off with their ill-gained treasures. It's deconstructed as her hatred of bigots and supremacists led to her believing she's morally superior compared to them, when she's really no better due to working as a fraudulent soothsayer. It also has led to some rash decisions on her part and made her distrusting of those who were genuinely repentant. Moon Ray/Canticum is in part helping her come to terms with her pain and bitterness so she can finally forgive those who wronged her, and truly break free from those who abused and exploited her.
- Commonality Connection:
- She has sympathized with Prince Golden Ash, one of Prince Healing Song's students, over their shared experiences with fleeing toxic societies that sought to use their potential to benefit their own harmful beliefs, and generally being afraid to go back home.
- She developed a Like Brother and Sister relationship with Muziki, one of her adoptive father's students, over how they suffered a lot of tragedies and abuse that influenced them to become criminals.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She had the sheer misfortune of being born in a Northern Griffon Autorist kingdom whose rulers took away and exploited Seers to keep themselves and their bigoted regime in power. When they inevitably set their eyes on her, Ruya's parents and grandfather helped her escape, but it got them killed as 'traitors' and Ruya lived on the run, exploited by anyone who discovered she was a precognitive. This made her believe that people who want to know the future are greedy and selfish Jerkasses, so she made her living by posing as a soothsayer and swindling her customers with cold readings. Then she had a precognitive dream where she was chased and caught by a figure dressed in black, making her fearful and paranoid. She traveled to Kerajaan Cahaya, where she intended to perform her cons, but meeting Princes Healing Song and Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae shortly causes her to break down, revealing herself to be a traumatized person who is deeply miserable with her life, but saw no way out of it.
- Dark Is Evil:
- She initially believed this was the case after having a precognitive dream where she was chased and later caught by a figure dressed in black. This made her fear Moon Ray/Canticum, who wore black and purple attire, but she warmed up to him later after he treated her kindly and informed her of his good intentions.
- She herself is a downplayed example. Her upper avian half is a Saffron-cowled Blackbird, but while she was a criminal and fradulent soothsayer who swindled people out of their money, she hated bigots with a passion and abhorred some of the crimes that more monstrous criminals committed. Moon Ray/Canticum and Healing Song finding her brought out her inner goodness, allowing her to make a HeelFace Turn.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: She's withdrawn and aloof, and for a while, she was afraid of her mentor, Moon Ray Vaughoof/Canticum Lunae, because of a prophetic dream making her fear/distrust people who dressed in black. However, Moon Ray/Canticum's kindness caused her to slowly warm up to him. By the time he adopts her, there's little to no bad blood between them, barring incidents where she was disciplined by him for resuming her old criminal ways.
- Discard and Draw: She had many useful magical artifacts and potions in her possession, but after she was found by Moon Ray/Canticum and Healing Song, much of said magical artifacts and potions were confiscated by the Church of the Stars because they were stolen. However, in return she's given access to various teachers who are willing to teach her genuine sorcery.
- Divine Parentage: She would later become the adoptive daughter of Moon Ray Vaughoof/Canticum Lunae Cahaya, after learning from Golden Scepter that her parents and grandfather were killed by their kingdom's Autorist government for not turning their young precognitive daughter over to them. This means that by adoption, she's a mortal great-granddaughter of Obitus Equus, the oldest Equuid Death god in existence.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Justified, as she's a budding Seer with the ability to predict the future through dreams and visions. One such dream involved being chased and caught by a figure dressed in black, which initially made her afraid of Moon Ray Vaughoof/Prince Canticum Lunae, who wore black and purple clothes/regalia. She would gradually learn that Canticum had no malicious intent towards her.
- The Empath: After becoming a student of Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae (and learning under other psionic/sorcerous deities in the Church like Healing Song), she developed minor empathic abilities.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Even during her days as a criminal and fraudulent soothsayer, she saw bigots like Autorists and Tribalists as worse than scum, and always ensured they get their comeuppance no matter what.
- Feathered Fiend: She's a teenage Northern Griffoness, and she once lived as a fraudulent soothsayer who used cold readings to con people out of their money. She also stole things like food and magical artifacts/potions just to get by. It's later averted once she's discovered by Moon Ray/Canticum and Healing Song, and taken in by the former, which went a long way in reforming her (if a little rough around the edges).
- Fortune Teller: She used to work as a self-proclaimed soothsayer, traveling around the world not unlike what Trixie does to her magic shows, and using a pack of tarot cards to deliver cold readings and a silver tongue to swindle people out of her money. To look the part, she dressed herself in extravagant, exotic robes and jewelry. Ironically, she possessed genuine precognitive power, but suppressed it to avoid being exploited. Most of her customers were members of nobility and royalty, who were willing to pay her high prices just for a few readings. She eventually stopped after Moon Ray/Canticum and Healing Song found her and made her see the error of her ways, and she became more open with using her precognitive abilities often.
- Freudian Excuse: Many aspects of her personality came from extremely traumatizing events that occurred in her chickhood. Deconstructed. While incredibly sympathetic, her reasons still don't excuse her actions as a criminal, hence why both Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae and the Church are dedicated to helping her improve herself.
- Ruya's hatred of bigots like Autorists and Tribalists stem from how, as a young chick, she was nearly seized by agents of her kingdom's royal family who sought to use her precognition to keep their Autorist regime in power. Her parents and grandfather helped her escape, but they were taken away and executed for 'treason', something Ruya wouldn't learn until a few years later. Because of this, Ruya sees bigots in general as worse than scum and always makes sure they get their comeuppance. However, her hatred of bigots caused herself to see herself as morally superior in comparison, which is noted In-Universe to be hypocritical considering her own crimes as a fraudulent soothsayer, and made it hard for her to accept that even bigots can change.
- Ruya's stint as a fraudulent soothsayer was caused by her experiences of being exploited for her precognitive powers ever since she was young, which caused her to believe that those who seek out Seers like herself are only seeking to benefit themselves. However, as Healing Song and Moon Ray/Canticum pointed out, she herself became no different by exploiting people's curiosity to swindle them out of their money. Ruya was also shaken upon learning that Healing Song and Moon Ray/Canticum are also Seers who suffered just like her, but refused to let their traumas define them or use their powers for self-serving ends.
- Ruya feared being caught in general, which also stemmed from nearly seized by agents of her kingdom's Autorist government for her precognition. What worsened her fear was a prophetic dream where she was chased and led into the light by a figure dressed in black, which Ruya interpreted as either her death or her capture. This initially made her fearful of Moon Ray/Canticum, who happened to dress himself in black and purple. Fortunately for her, Moon Ray/Canticum treated her kindly and even let her know of his good intentions.
- After being adopted by Moon Ray/Canticum as his daughter, Ruya became clingy out of fear of losing another family, which stemmed from guilt over 'abandoning' her birth family and learning of their ultimate fate from Golden Scepter. Fortunately, Moon Ray/Canticum was able to help Ruya with her grief by summoning the spirits of her parents and grandfather so she could reconcile with them. Visiting Mentálne also helped Ruya with her trauma tremendously.
- Freudian Excuse Is No Excuse: She grew up in a Griffon Autorist kingdom whose rulers exploited Seers for their own gain, and her parents and grandfather died helping her avoid the same fate. Then while living as a fugitive, she was exploited whenever people learned of her precognitive power. This made her believe that those who want to know about the future are greedy, selfish jerks, so she swindled people out of their money by posing as a soothsayer and performing cold readings. However, as both Prince Healing Song and Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae pointed out, she became Not So Different from the Griffon Autorists who tried exploiting her, and while she has a hatred for bigots, she also became a Hypocrite by doing bad things herself. With her motives and behaviors deconstructed, she proceeds to break down sobbing, revealing herself to be a scared, traumatized, and deeply miserable person who saw no way out of her life of crime.
- Hates Being Alone: Justified; her parents and grandfather helped her run away to save her from being exploited by their Autorist government, which led to them being taken and killed as 'traitors'. She would learn of their fates from Golden Scepter a few years later, which devastated her since part of her believed they survived. After being adopted by Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae as his daughter, she became clingy out of fear of losing her new adoptive family. Fortunately, Moon Ray/Canticum would help her deal with her grief, and visiting Mentálne also helped her trauma tremendously.
- HeelFace Turn: After spending a few years living as a fraudulent soothsayer who swindled people out of their money, she would move to Kerajaan Cahaya, where Moon Ray/Canticum and Healing Song found her. Having her motives deconstructed and being shown mercy by Kerajaan Cahaya's divine authorities slowly warmed her heart until she began helping others because Good Feels Good. However, she's Reformed, but Not Tamed because she still feels urges to steal things, which Moon Ray/Canticum has been trying to steer her away from.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: After ditching the extravagant, exotic robes and jewelry she used to wear as a soothsaying carny, she now wears a yellow false leather jacket with black sleeves and a black underside.
- Holier Than Thou: Her entry notes that her hatred of Autorists and other bigoted groups like them has caused her to act self-righteously at times. Since she never participated in hate crimes herself and always made sure those who did got punished for their crimes, she believed she's morally better than them. It's deconstructed due to her participating in fraudulent fortune-telling (and other things), making her a Hypocrite. As Prince Healing Song pointed out, it doesn't matter that she hates Autorists when she's exploiting others as they tried to do with her.
- Hypocrite: She hates racist/tribalist bigots and sees herself as morally superior compared to them. But as Healing Song pointed out, her hatred means nothing when she herself had been swindling and exploiting others for her own gain, just like the Griffon Autorists who once tried to exploit her precognitive power. This in part contributed to her first breakdown.
- Intangibility: After becoming a student of Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae (and learning under other psionic/sorcerous deities in the Church like Healing Song), she developed what she called 'phasing', which allows her to walk through walls unimpeded.
- Insult to Rocks: Because of her traumatizing chickhood experiences with Autorists in her home kingdom, she sees all racial bigots as worse than scum and has a hard time believing they can change for the better. This applies to tribalists as well.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She's socially withdrawn, aloof, and distrusting due to previously living a hard life as a criminal, and she is pragmatic in ensuring the survival of herself and/or others. However, get past that and she's revealed to be a sweetheart who loves her adoptive family and has a lot of empathy for society's 'underdogs' like orphans and persecution victims.
- Kleptomaniac Hero: Deconstructed. While she left her criminal life behind and has mostly reformed, Ruya admits she still feels the urge to steal things, especially if she thinks they might prove useful later on. Both Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae and the Church of the Stars have made efforts in teaching her that stealing is wrong, with Moon Ray disciplining her whenever he catches her doing it.
- One incident involved Ruya stealing a Magic Staff from a store. When Moon Ray/Canticum catches her doing it and tells her to put it back, she initially refuses to give the staff up and tries justifying her thievery. Predictably, Moon Ray/Canticum starts losing his patience and makes that pretty clear, which scares Ruya into obeying and returning the staff. Dissonant Tune also gets a Death Glare from Moon Ray/Canticum when he takes his sister's side.
- Her entry notes that most of the magical artifacts and potions Ruya had in her possession were ill-gained, largely because she considered them to be extremely useful. However, after being discovered by Moon Ray/Canticum and Healing Song, she ends up having much of her stolen possessions confiscated by the Church of the Stars, though in return she's given access to various teachers willing to teach her genuine sorcery.
- Knife Nut: Subverted. She has used knives and daggers as her weapons, but she isn't a deranged psycho.
- Like Brother and Sister: She developed this kind of relationship with Muziki, one of Moon Ray/Canticum's students, over how they suffered a lot of tragedies and abuse that influenced them to become criminals.
- Meaningful Name: Her name translates to "vision" or "sight" in Arabic. She's a young Griffon teenager who was born with the gift of precognition, though it embittered her for a while until she was adopted by Moon Ray/ Canticum Lunae.
- Mind over Matter: After becoming a student of Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae (and learning under other psionic/sorcerous deities in the Church like Healing Song), she developed minor telekinetic abilities.
- Never Be Hurt Again:
- Her entire stint as a fraudulent soothsayer stems from how she was exploited as a Seer for much of her early life - she was nearly taken away as a chick by government agents to ensure the prosperity of their kingdom's Autorist regime, and while living in the streets, she would end up interacting with other unsavory individuals who exploited her foresight for their own gain. It's later deconstructed by Healing Song and Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae, who pointed out that her actions actually made her Not So Different from those who used and wronged her.
- After learning the deaths of her birth family, and then being adopted by Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae, she became clingy out of fear of losing another family. Fortunately, Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae would help her come to terms with her grief and gain closure by summoning the spirits of her birth family.
- Not a Morning Person: Justified. When she was still a criminal and on the run, she had to sleep in less ideal places, so being adopted by Moon Ray/Canticum gave her access to a good bed and more time to sleep. Moon Ray/Canticum has been helping her develop good sleeping habits with the purpose of regulating this.
- Oh, Crap!: Despite her attempts to keep herself calm, meeting Moon Ray/Canticum before she could con Healing Song set her on edge because she was scared of people who dressed in black, and Moon Ray/Canticum happened to fit the criteria.
- Le Parkour: She's adept at parkour, and she can climb, maneuver, and jump across pretty much any structure available. This made her quite an escape artist, which saved her life in situations where she's unable to fly.
- Phony Psychic: Subverted. Because of her cynical, nihilistic view that people only want to know the future so they could benefit themselves, she poses as a soothsayer that uses tarot cards and a silver tongue to deliver cold readings, which she charges high prices for. Ironically, she was born with genuine precognitive abilities, but because she suffered trauma from being nearly seized by her kingdom's Autorist government and exploited by anyone who discovered her power, she repressed her foresight so she wouldn't be exploited anymore. Then it's averted when Prince Healing Song and Moon Ray Vaughoof/Canticum Lunae find her and help her out, allowing her to be open with her foresight and influencing her to leave her life of crime behind.
- Psychic Powers: She was born with genuine precognition, but she initially repressed it for a time to avoid being exploited by others. After becoming a student and, later, an adoptive daughter of Moon Ray Vaughoof/Canticum Lunae, she developed other minor psychic abilities such as telekinesis, empathy, and another ability she calls 'phasing'.
- Really Fond of Sleeping: She's fond of sleeping in good beds, and claims she's "not a morning person". It's justified as she slept in less ideal places in the past, and being adopted by Moon Ray/Canticum has allowed her to sleep in a good bed more often. Moon Ray/Canticum has been helping her develop good sleeping habits with the purpose of regulating this.
- Reformed, but Not Tamed: Justified. Even after reforming and becoming a student (and later adoptive daughter) of Moon Ray Vaughoof/Canticum Lunae, whatever habits she developed as a criminal and fugitive are hard to let go. Because of this, she still feels urges to steal things and has used her powers selfishly at times. Moon Ray/Canticum is working on steering her away from bad habits and helping her overcome her traumas so she can become a genuinely good person.
- Satisfied Street Rat: Deconstructed. While her hard life made her quite scrappy and resourceful, and she can fend for herself, deep down she's an incredibly fearful and traumatized chick who felt deeply miserable with her life, yet assumed there was no way out of it. She also developed certain bad behaviors that ultimately proved to be detrimental for her outside of her criminal life. Being adopted by Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae as his daughter and visiting Mentálne for psychiatric appointments helped her tremendously.
- Sour Outside, Sad Inside: When she was a criminal, she posed as a fortune teller who performed cold readings and swindled customers out of their money, and also stole various magical artifacts/potions that she deemed useful. Deep down, she was a deeply miserable person who was scared and traumatized by what she went through, yet saw no way out of her criminal life.
- Trapped in Villainy: She felt deeply miserable over having to become a criminal to survive, and is scared and traumatized by what she went through, yet she believed there was no way out. Fortunately, she would meet Healing Song and Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae, which led to her pulling a HeelFace Turn with their help, though old habits die hard.
- Underestimating Badassery: She assumed Healing Song, an Alicorn, to be easy pickings for her cons based on the fact that he's blind. That gets thrown out the window the moment both Healing Song's friend, Moon Ray/Canticum Lunae joins in, and they reveal themselves to be powerful psychics and genuine Seers by seeing through her cold reading easily.
- With Great Power Comes Great Perks: She has used her powers selfishly at times, especially when it comes to stealing things. Moon Ray/Canticum has disciplined her whenever he catches her doing such things, which is often thanks to his Psychic Powers.
Portfolio: Protection, Renewal, Community
Prince Golden Ash (his entry here) is the Deer demigod of Protection, Renewal, and Community, and is a former Alvslog Deer who moved and became a beloved local in the communities of Kerajaan Cahaya.
- Adult Fear:
- One of the reasons why Golden Ash initially refused to Ascend to true godhood is the possibility of being found and forcibly separated from his husband and son by the Elternteil Deer Pantheon, whose members want to turn him into a 'proper' divine sovereign of mortal Deerkind. Fortunately, the Church of the Stars is willing to protect him and his family, as Queen Dazzleglow confronted a few Elternteil Deer deities who were looking for Golden Ash.
- His faith and loyalty towards High King Irminsul and, by extension, the Elternteil Deer Pantheon were shattered when he learned from High Queen Arvan about their atrocities. This includes their willingness to purify their own children of their inner 'evil' (which led to Belyolen and Temnobog's birth), their abuse of family members who don't fit their high standards of benevolence and purity, and their stubborn complacency and reactionary behaviors that caused the fall of one of their own divine champions. Even worse is the fact that confronting his mentors will end badly because said mentors are vastly more ancient and powerful than him, a mere demigod. Instead, he simply chose to leave the Alvslog Deer Realms, with Arvan covertly helping him.
- Afraid of Their Own Strength: Golden Ash is a demigod with loads of potential, but he was disinterested in tapping into said potential and becoming a true god. It's justified - Golden Ash was previously mentored by Irminsul, only to learn from his wife Arvan that he's an extremely toxic person and ruler to both his own family and his mortal people. This caused Golden Ash to leave the Alvslog Deer Realms and settle down in Kerajaan Cahaya. In his mind, if he becomes a true god, he'll be pressured into becoming a 'proper ruler' or, worse, be found by the Elternteil Deer Pantheon and dragged back home away from his family. Fortunately for Golden Ash, the Church of the Stars is willing to protect him and his family, and one of its members, Prince Healing Song, proved himself to be a much more open-minded and accepting teacher than Irminsul.
- Always Identical Twins: Subverted. He and his older brother Rowan are fraternal twins, so they look nothing alike aside from the fact that they're both demigods.
- Anthropomorphic Personification: He's a Deer demigod who embodies Protection, Renewal, and Community.
- Bad Powers, Good People: His Community domain gives him Psychic Powers that allow him to demand obedience from those living in his communoties, and even outright mind-control them. However, he doesn't like abusing his powers in that way.
- Barrier Warrior: As a demigod of Protection, he can produce nigh-unbreakable barriers to shield himself and his allies.
- Big Little Brother: Because he Ascended to demi-godhood before Rowan did, he's now 'older' than Rowan by divine standards, even though he's biologically younger.
- Breaking the Cycle of Bad Parenting: His parents were not abusive to him or his brother, but they still held the toxic, xenophobic, and reactionary beliefs shared by the larger Alvslog Deer Herds and promoted by the Elternteil Deer Pantheon. Years later, after settling down in Kerajaan Cahaya and marrying Victory Road, Golden Ash would become a father himself after adopting a young orphaned pegasus colt. Unlike his parents, though, Golden Ash is a genuinely loving parent who is raising his son outside of the harmful beliefs that he himself grew up with.
- Commonality Connection:
- What allowed him to bond with this then-future husband, Victory Road, was their shared experiences as Princes who were raised by toxic people who wanted them to fit their standards, but eventually ran away from home to escape their close-minded environment. It wasn't long until they married and settled down with a son.
- What allowed Prince Healing Song to reach out to him was their shared experiences with certain people who left a greatly negative impact on them, causing them to avoid becoming something much more out of fear of being Not So Different from said people. This is part of the reason why Golden Ash likes Healing Song more than he does Irminsul.
- Defector from Decadence: After being developing disagreements with his fellow Alvslog kindred over some of its harmful traditions, and learning from Arvan the atrocities the Elternteil Deer Pantheon had committed in the name of 'good', Golden Ash grew angry enough to want to confront his divine mentors and call them out on their hypocrisy. However, he recognized that even a verbal confrontation wouldn't end well since said mentors are ancient and powerful compared to him, so instead opted to secretly leave the Alvslog Deer Realms with Arvan's help.
- Determinator: During his and his brother's fight against the former Elternteil Deer champion, Golden Ash tried to counter the corruption spell that was cast on his home realm Orofarnë and other neighboring realms with his team of druids and mages. Even as his team fell one by one, he absolutely refused to give up. His efforts were what triggered his Ascension to demi-godhood, creating a surge of holy power that cleansed the corruption easily and quickly.
- The Empath: Being a god of Community gives him psychic empathy, allowing him to sense the opinions and needs of people living in his communities.
- Family Theme Naming: He and his twin brother, Prince Rowan, are named after trees. In his case, he's named after the 'Golden Ash' tree.
- Freudian Excuse: He feared becoming as bad as the Elternteil Deer Pantheon and/or being forced to become a 'proper sovereign' if he Ascended to true godhood. When he was a member of said pantheon, Golden Ash was constantly criticized by his his pantheon and fellow royals for breaking tradition, only to discover the sheer depths of the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's corruption and hypocrisy. The truth was so devastating that he fled the Alvslog Deer Realms in secret, and settled down in Kerajaan Cahaya. Golden Ash also feared the possibility of being found by his former pantheon and forcibly separated from his family, should they learn where he fled to. Fortunately, the Church of the Stars is a much nicer and more benevolent pantheon, and as soon as they learn of Golden Ash's backstory and existence, they're willing to take him in and protect his family.
- Good Parents: He's a loving father to his adoptive son, a young orphaned pegasus colt. His entry notes that despite being raised on puristic and xenophobic policies, Golden Ash's experiences outside the Alvslog Deer Realms made him tolerant enough that he was able to become the genuinely loving and accepting parent/authority figure for his son that his own parents (and mentors) weren't for him.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: He's described as having a gold pelt. He's a loving husband and father, and unlike both his former Alvslog Deer kindred and his Elternteil Deer mentors, he's far more principled and open-minded. He's also willing to buck traditions in order to do what's right for his communities. Moon Ray's prophetic dream of Golden Ash depicts him as a true god with radiant golden fur.
- Happily Married: To Victory Road, a psychic Vampire Prince/Scion of a noble House. Golden Ash met Victory Road shortly after settling down in Kerajaan Cahaya, and what allowed them to bond was their shared royal upbringing as Princes in toxic communities that they eventually ran away from. Despite being raised on puristic and xenophobic policies, Golden Ash became tolerant enough that he learned to accept Victory Road for who he is. After marrying, they became co-owners of a local bookstore and loving parents to their adoptive son, a young pegasus colt whose birth parents died escaping a tyrannical underground kingdom.
- Healing Hands: As a god of Renewal, he can fix things good as new by magically returning them to their original state, giving him powerful healing magic as well. This is what lent to his beloved reputation among the Alvslog Deer Herds, as Golden Ash can restore damaged forest realms and heal injuries inflicted on Alvslog Deer by the interlopers.
- Holy Hand Grenade: As a mortal, he possessed druidic magic, which included purification powers. Becoming a demigod of Renewal increased his powers, allowing him to counter and erase corruption caused by dark magic on much wider scales. This allows him to cleanse and restore desolated environments. However, being a demigod means that his purification powers won't be as effective on dark magic spells wielded by older, full-blooded deities. Irminsul used to teach him regarding this, but after he left the Alvslog Deer Realms, both Emperor Golden Scepter and his thirteenth son, Prince Written Word, became his teachers instead.
- Humble Goal: After hearing of the atrocities the Elternteil Deer Pantheon committed from High Queen Arvan, he flees the Alvslog Deer Realms and moves to Kerajaan Cahaya, where he settles down with the goal of raising a family with his husband, Victory Road, and looking after the bookstore they own together. This stems from his belief that he'll become as bad as his former mentors if he Ascends to true godhood. He later changes his mind after Prince Healing Song approaches him and he accepts becoming the latter's student, but his new goal is still rather humble as it consists of supporting communities and not leading them.
- Identical Twin ID Tag: Averted; he and his older brother Rowan are fraternal twins, so they look nothing alike. The only thing they share is that they're both demigods (with Rowan becoming one after Golden Ash did with his brother's help).
- I Just Want to Be Normal: After discovering how corrupt and hypocritical the Elternteil Deer Pantheon became, he left the Alvslog Deer Realms with High Queen Arvan's help, and moved to Kerajaan Cahaya. Despite being a demigod, he was content with settling down with a family and co-running a local bookstore with his husband; he feared that he'll become as bad as his former mentors and peers if he Ascended to true godhood. However, Moon Ray Vaughoof would have a prophetic vision of him becoming the ruler/founder of a forested realm in the Glimmering Isles, causing the Church of the Stars to gain interest. He initially refuses Prince Healing Song's offer to teach him, but after discovering a group of Alvslog Deer followed after him out of loyalty, he changes his mind and accepts. Being assured his family is under the Church's protection helped, too.
- Internalized Categorism: Justified. Witnessing the worst aspects of Alvslog society and learning of the atrocities his mentor, High King Irminsul, committed made Golden Ash fear that he'll become just as bad as Irminsul (and by extension, the Elternteil Deer Pantheon) if he Ascended to true godhood. The Church of the Stars becomes interested in him anyway when Moon Ray Vaughoof dreams of Golden Ash becoming the ruler/founder of a tolerant, diverse forest realm, though after seeing that there are some Alvslog Deer who appreciated his deeds back at home, Golden Ash changes his mind and agrees to become Prince Healing Song's student. The Church is noted to be helping him overcome the toxic teachings both Irminsul and the Elternteil Deer Pantheon gave him.
- King Incognito: He was an Alvslog Deer Prince of the realm Orofarnë, but after learning of the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's horrible actions from High Queen Arvan, he ran away from home and settled down in Kerajaan Cahaya. At first, he was content to live as a mere 'mortal', raising a family and co-running a local bookstore with his husband, and was utterly disinterested in pursuing true godhood... until Moon Ray Vaughoof had a prophetic dream about him, causing the Church of the Stars to gain interest. After Prince Healing Song reached out to him and he found a group of Alvslog Deer willing to follow him, he relented and began training in Ascending to true godhood. That being said, he still wants to stay in Kerajaan Cahaya and be a supporter of communities, rather than a leader as his former Elternteil Deer mentors intended.
- Know When to Fold 'Em: Despite feeling pretty horrified and angered with the atrocities the Elternteil Deer deities have committed in the name of 'good' and 'purity', Golden Ash realized that a verbal confrontation with his divine mentors wouldn't end well for him because he's just a young demigod compared to a group of ancient, powerful, and experienced true deities. This factored into his decision to leave the Alvslog Deer Realms in secret, with High Queen Arvan's help.
- The Marvelous Deer: He's a Deer demigod, but unlike his peers in both the Alvslog Deer Herds and the Elternteil Deer Pantheon, he's undeniably heroic, reasonable, and open-minded. Learning the extent of the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's corruption and hypocrisy from High Queen Arvan spurred him to flee since calling out his divine peers/mentors on their behavior would likely end badly for him.
- Mistaken Identity: Because of his plant-like appearance and his antlers now bearing the ability to occasionally grow fruit (which are a few eldritch traits he gained upon Ascending to demi-godhood), Golden Ash was mistaken for the mysterious Great Seedling by Princess Veritas/Applejack V, who tried to capture the Great Seedling as a mortal filly.
- No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Zigzagged. Golden Ash was hailed as a hero for preventing the fallen Deer champion from corrupting the Alvsog forest realms with Black Magic and Ascending to godhood in the process, and was rewarded with being allowed to join the Elternteil Deer Pantheon. However, Golden Ash's tolerant views and willingness to buck tradition to help his communities annoyed his divine and mortal kindred, which often got him lectured on being a 'proper' divine sovereign. This is part of the reason why he was disinterested in moving past his demigod status at first - if he becomes a true god, the people of Kerajaan Cahaya would start pressuring him into becoming a 'proper' divine sovereign. Eventually, Golden Ash does get a Karmic Jackpot in having a group of mortal worshipers follow him into Kerajaan Cahaya out of loyalty and gratitude for his deeds, and he earns another mentor in Healing Song, who unlike Irminsul is genuinely benevolent and wants to teach Golden Ash how to Ascend to true godhood so he can become the best he can be.
- One Steve Limit: Averted. There are a few people who share his name, such as villainous conqueror/immortal Golden City, and famed Alicorn Emperor Golden Scepter.
- Parental Substitute: He and his husband Victory Road became this for their adoptive son, a Pegasus colt who lost his birth parents when they tried escaping a tyrannical underground kingdom.
- Planimal: After becoming a demigod, he gained a few eldritch traits based around plants, such as leaf-like shoulders and legs, and tree branch-like antlers that sprout leaves and the occasional fruit. Moon Ray's prophetic dream of him implies what he might look like as a true god - a magnificent Deer stag with radiant golden fur and antlers filled to the brim with fruit. His plant-like appearance caused Princess Veritas/Applejack V to mistake him for the 'Great Seedling' she tried to capture when she was a mortal filly.
- Psychic Powers: As a demigod of Community, he has telepathy and empathy, allowing him to sense the opinions and needs of his people within his communities, and Stealthy Teleportation that allows him to appear anywhere he wishes to, but only in areas he turned into his communities. His domain of Community also gives him a supernatural intuition that keeps track of everything within his communities, such as supplies and quality of buildings/equipment, and information on those living in his communities. He can also psychically demand obedience and outright mind-control people in a community, but he doesn't like abusing his powers in such a manner.
- Rage Against the Mentor: Double-subverted. After learning from Arvan the horrible things Irminsul had done to his subjects and his own family, including his defilement/murder of his unborn son, Golden Ash was understandably left furious and horrified. However, he realized that even a verbal confrontation with Irminsul would end badly for him since he's a demigod while his mentor is an ancient and experienced true god, so he instead chose to leave the Alvslog Deer Realms with Arvan's help. That being said, Golden Ash has pretty much lost all faith in Irminsul and hates him for being a huge Hypocrite. He even considers Prince Healing Song, who is blind, to be a much better teacher and role model than Irminsul."I find it ironic that a blind Alicorn knows far more than that hypocritical Deer god who once called himself my 'mentor'," Golden Ash deadpanned.
The response was immediate. A few snickers escaped Jade Shell as she scribbled down her notes, despite trying to control herself. As a result, the Tortoises writing became a little shaky. It wasnt until they heard Prince Healing Song laughing in the background that both Jade Shell and Golden Ash exploded into laughter themselves.
- Rebel Prince: Even before he left the Alvslog Deer Realms, he was open-minded enough to go against his culture's traditions in order to give what his communities truly needed. He also didn't fully buy into his people's xenophobic behavior, believing that not all non-Deer races should be judged for the actions of a few bad ones. This annoyed both his fellow royals and his divine mentors, who would often lecture him on being a 'proper' divine sovereign. After learning from Arvan the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's horrible actions towards their people and their own children, he chose to leave home rather than be around such toxic people any longer.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: While he badly wanted to call out his divine mentors, especially Irminsul, for how corrupt, toxic, and hypocritical they've become, he realized that a verbal confrontation would end badly since he's just a demigod against a pantheon of ancient, powerful, and experienced true gods. He instead opted to flee the Alvslog Deer Realms instead, with Arvan lending her help by guiding her through secret forest paths she created.
- Semi-Divine: He became a demigod by trying to counter a powerful corruption spell that was cast by a former Elternteil Deer champion, by himself. Because he's a demigod, the Elternteil Deer Pantheon were very interested in helping him Ascend to true godhood, with intent to mold him into a 'proper' divine sovereign of mortal Deerkind. This later caused him to be disinterested in moving past his demigod status, especially after discovering the Elternteil Deer Pantheon's more horrific actions, since if he does, he'll be pressured into being something his people want and become Not So Different from his former divine mentors. Fortunately, the Church of the Stars has no such designs for him, and only want to teach him how to become a true god so he can be the best he can be.
- Squishy Wizard: For all his great magical power and skill, he's piss-poor at physical combat, to the point where he had to rely on his brother Rowan to protect him whenever they went out to battle together. His parents, while supportive of his pursuits in magic and the upholding of communities, were noted to be disappointed in his inability to become a heroic warrior like Rowan. After he left the Alvslog Deer Realms and settled down in Kerajaan Cahaya, the Church of the Stars has been trying to teach him physical combat, but it's still an uphill battle.
- Stealthy Teleportation: Being a god of Community gives him the ability to teleport anywhere he wishes to within a community.
- Straight Gay: Despite being the husband of Victory Road, a Vampire Pony stallion and runaway Prince of a noble House, Golden Ash never shows any stereotypical gay behavior at all, being a well-rounded character with his own personality.
- Telepathy: Being a god of Community gives him telepathy, allowing him to sense the opinions and needs of people living within his communities.
- Token Good Teammate: He was the only member of the Elternteil Deer Pantheon who wasn't deeply racist, corrupt, arrogant, puristic, self-righteous, and/or hypocritical. Learning of his pantheon's atrocities immediately spurred him to jump ship, since choosing the other option (openly calling Irminsul out on his behavior) would end badly for him.
- The Un-Favourite: Subverted. While Golden Ash's parents were disappointed with his combat weakness and choice to study magic and communities instead of becoming a heroic warrior like his brother, they nonetheless accepted and encouraged his pursuits since they're still in line with local Alvslog traditions.
- Warrior Prince: Subverted. While he's a beloved war hero himself, Golden Ash is actually a Squishy Wizard who specializes in White Magic, but is piss-poor in physical combat, which sets him apart from his twin brother Rowan. Whenever they fight together, Golden Ash has to rely on Rowan and his forces to protect him while he flings magic. His parents were noted to be disappointed in his choice to study magic and uphold communities instead of becoming a warrior, but they nonetheless accepted his pursuits since they're still in line with Alvslog traditions.
- Commonality Connection: What allowed him to bond with this then-future husband, Golden Ash, was their shared experiences as Princes who were raised by toxic people who wanted them to fit their standards, but eventually ran away from home to escape their close-minded environment. It wasn't long until they married and settled down with a son.
- Happily Married: To Golden Ash, a demigod and ex-Alvslog Deer Prince. Victory Road met Golden Ash shortly after the latter settled down in Kerajaan Cahaya, and what allowed them to bond was their shared royal upbringing as Princes in toxic communities that they eventually ran away from. Despite being raised on puristic and xenophobic policies, Golden Ash became tolerant enough that he learned to accept Victory Road for who he is. After marrying, they became co-owners of a local bookstore and loving parents to their adoptive son, a young pegasus colt whose birth parents died escaping a tyrannical underground kingdom.
- Meaningful Name: His name is 'Victory Road', and despite being a Prince of a Vampire House, he ran away from home because he grew tired of living in a toxic community. He eventually found his 'victory' when he met Golden Ash in Kerajaan Cahaya, fell in love, and married him, becoming co-owners of a local bookstore and loving fathers of their adoptive Pegasus son.
- Parental Substitute: He and his husband Golden Ash became this for their adoptive son, a Pegasus colt who lost his birth parents when they tried escaping a tyrannical underground kingdom.
- Straight Gay: Despite being the husband of Golden Ash, a demigod and former Alvslog Deer Prince who fled his forest home after discovering the more unsavory aspects of his people and divine mentors, Victory Road never shows any stereotypical gay behavior at all, being a well-rounded character with his own personality.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Type: Griffon/Student/Aspiring Diplomat/Ascendant-In-Training
Faction: Kerajaan Cahaya
Shalom (his entry here) is a young Northern Griffon living in Kerajaan Cahaya, and a young student with huge aspirations.
- Animal Motifs: Doves and cats. Specifically, his upper body is a white Barbary dove and his lower body is a Scottish Fold cat. White Barbary doves are universally seen as icons of peace, while Scottish Fold cats are known for being very affectionate to humans. This is rather appropriate, as he is a Griffon who despises Fantastic Racism and wants to encourage international friendships.
- Close to Home: He despises racism because such beliefs led to the Autorists tarnishing Griffonkind's international relationships with other nations and races. It's the main reason why he wanted to become a divine diplomat - he wanted the power and resources to encourage friendships all over the world.
- Godhood Seeker: A positive example. He wants to become a demigod or true god so he can fulfill his dreams of becoming a diplomat and encouraging international friendships. He eventually gets his wish when he warns his teacher, Prince Healing Song, about the presence of Abominable Alignment members in Kerajaan Cahaya, leading to him becoming a student of Prince Sparkling Wing.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Defied. His envy nearly drove him to join the Abominable Alignment in hopes of receiving boosts in magic and intelligence that'll allow him to match his smarter and more talented classmates. However, his morals, combined with the guilt he felt afterward, eventually won out and he warned Healing Song about the Abominable Alignment's presence. For his courage, he is rewarded by being taken in by Prince Sparkling Wing as his student, and is being trained to Ascend to demi-godhood. While he felt ashamed for letting his envy and inadequacy get to him, his parents forgave him, and they are very proud of him for speaking up and becoming a student of a god.
- Hard Work Hardly Works: Deconstructed. While a good and diligent student, he had the misfortune of being surrounded by talented classmates who breezed through their classes, making him feel insecure and envious. Overhearing disgruntled neighbors and less talented classmates complain about only 'special' people being allowed to become heroes and gods caused him to think that no matter how hard he worked, he'll never be great compared to those with genuine talent. This nearly drove him to accept the Abominable Alignment's offers of unmatched power and intellect... but fortunately, he decides to warn Prince Healing Song about the Abominable Alignment instead, and is subsequently rewarded by becoming Prince Sparkling Wing's student. Both Healing Song and Sparkling Wing have been helping him overcome this mentality as of late, since no matter how talented someone is, that talent will be rendered moot if they don't learn how to use it correctly or practice with it frequently.Prince Healing Song: (to Shalom) There are people who are truly and genuinely 'better' at things than most, and that is a sad yet true fact. But for all their skill, experience, and talent, those people still had to learn and practice what they do in order to STAY good. If they dont, then eventually they'll start falling behind.
- Karmic Jackpot: Despite nearly accepting the Abominable Alignment's offers of unmatched power and intelligence out of feelings of envy and inadequacy, his morals ultimately win out and he warns his teacher, Prince Healing Song. His act of bravery not only saves many lives from the Abominable Alignment (which includes young dissatisfied students like him), but also leads to him becoming a student of Prince Sparkling Wing, the Alicorn god of Peace and Unity. His actions also earn him the approval of his parents, who forgave him for his shortcomings.
- Meaningful Name: His name is a Hebrew word that means various things like "peace", "harmony", and "tranquility". It also comes from a Hebrew greeting, Shalom aleichem ("peace be upon you"). It's rather fitting since he's a dove-headed Griffon who despises Fantastic Racism and wants to become a diplomat.
- Oh, Crap!: While talking with Healing Song, he realizes, to his horror, that if he had really taken the Abominable Alignment's offers, he would have ended up ruining his own future and, potentially, losing his own life. Healing Song's grim response all but confirms it.Prince Healing Song: Yes. The Abominable Alignment is one such shortcut. You did the right thing, coming to me. Thanks to you, your classmates and even more lives will be saved from that awful group.
- The Resenter: Deconstructed. Being surrounded by talented classmates who effortlessly breezed through their classes, and overhearing people complain about 'special' people being only allowed to become heroes and gods, made him feel insecure about his own self-worth. His envy nearly drove him to join the Abominable Alignment, tempted by their offers of unmatched power and intelligence, but his morals and guilt instead spurred him to warn Healing Song about what's going on. For his courage, he is rewarded by being taken in by Prince Sparkling Wing as a student, and is being trained to Ascend to demi-godhood.
- Upbringing Makes the Hero: Despite hailing from a Northern Griffon kingdom with extremely Autorist leadership, he grew up with strong morals and compassion because his parents was disgusted by the staunch racism their homelands promoted. This later helped the Church of the Stars in rooting out members of the Abominable Alignment who secretly set up operations in Kerajaan Cahaya, as he warned Prince Healing Song despite being personally tempted by them.
- Weather Manipulation: As a Griffon, he has stronger versions of the Pegasi's weather magic, though it's noted to be unwieldy in comparison.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Type: Giant of Light/Nature Giant/Guardian
Faction: The Light Garrison/The Shining Legions
Anela is an Equine Giantess whose mother is a Nature Giant and whose father is a Giant of Light, and is a notable Giant heroine of Equus. When her heritage became known to her fellow Nature Giants, she and her mother were banished from their Grove by their stringently isolationist brethren, and wandered Equus without a home until Lysats Far, founder of the Light Garrison of fellow Giants of Light, heard of their plight and took them in. Inspired by both the Light Garrison and what her mother told of her father, she eventually joined the Light Garrison on her own free will when she came of age, mastering her powers under Lysat Far's tutelage and training to become another heroic warrior.
When Queen Dazzleglow's kingdom returned to the world stage, she found herself sympathetic to the plight of the Sparkle Ponies who now migrate en-masse to live there and their persecution by the likes of the Autorists. This led to her requesting to garrison there and become part of the Shining Legions herself, which was granted. Now, Legate Anela fights to protect the island realm and the rest of the world from those who sought their ruin, even if some of those she saved would not be appreciative of who she is or what she did for them, like her fellow Nature Giants.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father was a Giant of Light who crash-landed into her home-forest years ago and was nursed back to health by her mother, both of whom promptly fell in love. The Giants of Lights' non-intervention clauses and the Nature Giants' stringent isolationism meant that he eventually had to leave, though Anela's mother would remember him fondly and remarked that he was 'A good Giant'. Unfortunately, those same clauses meant that Anela's father was absent when her Grove wrongly exiled her and her mother and subjected them to racial distrust afterwards.
- Fantastic Racism: Was on the receiving end of this just for being born half-Nature Giant, half-Giant of Light. Anela's hybrid nature caused her Grove to wrongly assume that her mother had violated their isolationist policies by leaving to meet with an outsider in secret, so the Nature Giants kicked her out as well as her daughter for existing. While Anela's understandably bitter, especially when her mother's people hasn't changed their racial distrust of her after she saved them from a monster threatening their Grove, but Lysets Far's good influence kept her from acting on her darker urges.
- Feeling Oppressed by Their Existence: On the receiving end. Her status as a hybrid Giant (half-Nature Giant, half-Giant of Light) is regarded as complete anathema to her mother's people, who saw her existence as proof that their mother violated their strict isolationist policies to interact with the outsiders they distrusted. This got both her and her mother wrongly kicked out of their Grove, something that Anela understandably feels deep resentment for, but only Lysets Far's good influence curbed her desires to act on that resentment.
- Gentle Giant: Size of a skyscraper but of a kind and compassionate disposition. Acts like a Cool Big Sis for Tinies children in Queen Dazzleglow's kingdom, letting them ride on her back, and her career as member of the Light Garrison/Shining Legions is motivated primarily by her desire to protect those smaller and weaker than herself.
- Good Is Not Soft: Do not let her gentle, life-loving character fool you; she may be a Gentle Giant, but she is still a 100 meters tall warrior/soldier trained for combat and possess magical might from two mighty races of Giants. Her heritage also makes her instinctively and fiercely protective of both nature and innocents, and damaging/hurting either is the quickest way to send her pummeling/blasting you into mush.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: She is Nature Giant on her mother's side and a Giant of Light on her father's side. Because of this, she's on the higher end of Giants on Equus at around/over 100 meters tall.
- Green Thumb: She inherited magical power over plants from her mother's side and can control the growth and movement of plants for offensive or defensive purposes. Can combine with her Giant of Light powers inherited from her father to create magical beams that could sprout vegetation.
- Light 'em Up: Has ability to manipulate light as part of the bread and butter of Giants of Light, which she got from her father's side. Often combined with her Nature Giant side's Green Thumb abilities to produce some very unique and powerful offenses and defenses.
- One-Man Army: More accurately a "One Mare Army" on account of being a Giant of Light, and she demonstrates this by singly battling and holding off whole ranks of Fire Jotunns, keeping them away from her comrades and mentor while they charged up an attack against Surtr during the 'Final Ragnarok' conflict.
- Sins of Our Fathers: She's a hybrid Giant whose mother had an affair with a Giant of Light. This got her wrongly exiled from her Grove along with her mother, as her mere existence is "proof" that her mother violated the Nature Giants' strict isolationist policies (when her mother didn't even leave).
- You Shall Not Pass!: During the battle against Surtr in the 'Final Ragnarok' conflict, she fought and held the line by herself against no less than a dozen Fire Jotunn warriors and champions to buy time for her Giant of Light leader/mentor Lysats Far, his son Tarou and his comrades-in-arms to charge up a powerful combined beam attack against Surtr which would break his nigh-impenetrable armour. Through clever use of her Green Thumb abilities and her own martial skills, not one enemy Jotunns got through.
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: Perfume Pony/Soldier/Sparkle Pony
Faction: Kerajaan Cahayan/Shining Legions
- Alliterative Name:
- Her name is Stellar Scents''.
- Her pet Disskunk also has an alliterative name, which is Sulfur Star.
- Amazonian Beauty: She's described as a tall pony with an "Amazonian" build.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Her entry notes that her father is a Sparkle Pony, while her mother is a mutant Perfume Pony. She herself would admit later that she was glad to be born in Mustangia, which is more tolerant and accepting of hybrids, as opposed to a place where hybrids are persecuted simply for existing.
- Meaningful Name: Her name is Stellar Scents, which refers to her being the daughter of a Sparkle Pony and having inherited part of her genes from her father.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Averted. Despite having a white mane and tail, she is a very nice and friendly mare with a mischievous streak and loves playing pranks. But she's also a disciplined soldier who's loyal to her subordinates and will not hesitate to remind her enemies why she should be taken seriously in a fight.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Type: Kirin/Empowered Mortal/Faustian Rebel
Faction: Church of the Stars
Alignment: Lawful/Neutral Good
Type: Saint/True Companion/Angel/Cool Big Bro/Martial Artist
Faction: Kerajaan Cahaya, Heaven-Realms
Steel String (his second entry here) is an old friend of Healing Song's, now returned from the dead as the patron Angel of siblings and brotherhood.
For more information on him and his life during the Second Age, see his folder here.
- Angelic Transformation: He was transformed into an Angel by the Three Deaths on his request he could protect the world and provide 'siblings' for lonely people. It also turned him into a 'Pseudoalicorn' due to having been a Unicorn prior.
- Badass Boast: His folder/entry quote is essentially this - as long as the 'fire of brotherhood' still burns, there is nothing that could stand in anyone's way.
- Barrier Warrior: His light magic allows him to produce light barriers.
- Big Damn Reunion: Three Ages after becoming an Angel, he would reunite with Prince Healing Song in the Fourth Age while they both helped protect a town from proto-tribalists. Healing Song had heard of Steel String's exploits before, but didn't believe them at first because he was there when his bassist died and thought he wouldn't be coming back. Once they finally meet in-person after the fight, they would have a tearful reunion, with Healing Song hugging Steel String while bawling in his forelegs.
- Blinded by the Light: His light magic allows him to produce blinding flashbangs.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Following his promotion to Angel, he became unwilling to ignore someone in need, which has led to him running himself ragged sometimes.
- Dark Is Not Evil: His attire hasn't changed at all since the Second Age, with him either wearing a black bomber jacket or (occasionally) a black Second Age-style suit. He is a mortal soul-turned-Angel who left his eternal reward behind because he essentially wanted to be a big brother figure for the entire world.
- The Empath: He has empathic powers that make him hear the prayers of those who wish for a sibling of their own, as well as sense what is preventing siblings from reconciling.
- Fainting: Happens to him twice.
- By his own admission, he fainted when he learned he was going to be a student of Sweetheart, one of the Virtuous Seven heroines, following his promotion to Angel.
- Learning from Healing Song that he was essentially depicted as a superhero by his own fans after his death also led to him fainting.
- Friend to All Children: While in the Heaven-Realms, he would hang around the spirits of deceased children and babies and be their big brother-figure. This is what partially contributed to his boredom, his desire to help lonely people find 'siblings' who care for them, and his ultimate choice to leave his eternal reward behind and become an Angel.
- Healing Hands: Like Sweetheart post-Ascension, being an Angel gives him healing powers. When combining his power with Healing Song's, he can induce a wide 'area of effect' that heals/rejuvenates allies.
- Holy Halo: After he became an angel, he has a halo adorning his head. His Cutie Mark changed to reflect this, depicting a bass adorned with a halo and flanked with white wings.
- Holy Hand Grenade: Like Sweetheart post-Ascension, being an Angel gives him purification powers.
- Light 'em Up: As an Angel, he can generate/control light in certain ways, such as light barriers and flashbangs. However, like Moon Ray Vaughoof and Blue Suede Heartstrings, he can use his chosen instrument (in his case, the bass) to perform greater feats such as intricate light-based constructs, light up pathways with multiple orbs of light, and prolonged brightness. When combined with Healing Song's voice and the power of his staff, Medela Lux, his power can induce a wide Area of Effect that calms allies and heals/rejuvenates them, while curing them of status ailments caused by dark magic and killing anything weak to light magic. This makes him powerful against Darkness Elementals and certain vampires.
- The Magnificent: Known as "the Saint of Brotherhood" due to being the Patron Saint of brotherhood and siblings, as well as being a supportive brother figure towards anyone he finds.
- Mistaken for Gay: Hilariously, shortly after moving to Kerajaan Cahaya, he has once again become the subject of people who 'ship' him with Healing Song or otherwise treat them both as a romantic couple. This frustrates him to no end since he only sees Healing Song as his friend and little brother.Steel String: Goddammit! Again?!
Moon Ray Vaughoof: Honestly, with how close you two are, I ain't surprised...
Steel String: I don't swing that way!
- Oh, Crap!: After meeting Prism Glow/Aurora Angel I in the Heaven-Realms post-death and learning of the Interregnum's existence, he realized he was (somehow) never persecuted for being a unicorn despite living openly as one all his life, causing him to be Properly Paranoid. A Trimortidae would assure him that many Interregnum members were sent to the Hell-Realms after death as punishment for their ruthless persecution of innocent magical entities and other unfettered things they did to rid Tellus completely of magic.
- Our Angels Are Different: He was once a mortal Unicorn who was turned into an Angel by the Three Deaths on his request so he could protect the world and provide 'siblings' for lonely people. And because he was a Unicorn, his Angelic Transformation turned him into a 'Pseudoalicorn'.
- Pals with Jesus: He's well-acquainted with a few gods from the Second Age, such as Blue Suede Heartstrings and Healing Song. It's justified in both cases - he knew Healing Song when the latter was a mortal, and their friendship would later impress Blue Suede. This might be why he wasn't antagonized by the Interregnum at all for being born a Unicorn, despite living his entire life with his Unicorn horn in full display.
- Patron Saint: After he was turned into an Angel, he became worshiped as a Saint of Siblings and Brotherhood by those who feel unloved and unwanted. His Psychic Powers mainly revolve around hearing the prayers of those who wish for a sibling of their own, and guiding them to people who will look after and care for them not unlike an older sibling.
- Personality Powers: Much of his life was defined by his brotherly relationship with Healing Song. After hanging around the souls of dead children and babies in the Heaven-Realms, and witnessing millions of people being ushered in following their deaths during the 'Void Aeon', he decided to become a big brother figure for the entire world. Fittingly, his Angelic Transformation would turn him into a Patron Saint of Siblings and Brotherhood, giving him Psychic Powers that revolve around guiding lonely people to those who will look after them, and helping warring siblings reconcile with each other.
- Properly Paranoid: After learning of the Interregnum's existence post-death and realizing that he lived openly as a unicorn his entire life without (somehow) attracting their attention, he became rather paranoid for a while. Fortunately, a Trimortidae would assure the poor stallion that many Interregnum members were Dragged Off to Hell as punishment for wrongly persecuting innocent magical entities for the sake of 'protecting' Equus from magic itself, so they wouldn't hurt anyone again. He relaxed after this, but learning of the Interregnum still had an impact on him.
- Psychic Powers: As a Patron Saint of siblings and brotherhood, he mainly possesses telepathic and empathic powers that makes him hear the prayers of lonely people who wish for a sibling of their own. This allows him to guide his devotees to people who will look after them and care for them not unlike an older sibling.
- Refusing Paradise: Although content with dying and satisfied with his life, he gradually grew bored and restless in the Heaven-Realms due to factors like learning of the Interregnum, hanging around the souls of dead children and babies, and thinking about how Healing Song is faring without him. He eventually concluded that the world needs a big brother figure to look after it, which leads to him being turned into an Angel by the Three Deaths on his request.
- The Stoic: Subverted. He's still soft-spoken, cool, and level-headed, but not to the point of actual stoicism.
- Super Empowering: As a Patron Saint of brotherhood, he can bless people with the strength to protect their siblings, friends, and other loved ones during their darkest hours. Notably, he has empowered both brothers and sisters despite his domain of patronage, as in his eyes, anyone can be a sibling for others.
- Telepathy: He has telepathic powers that make him hear the prayers of those who wish for a sibling of their own, as well as sense what is preventing siblings from reconciling.
- Winged Unicorn: He's described as being a 'Pseudoalicorn' - while he looks like an Alicorn due to being a Unicorn who was given wings upon being promoted to Angel, he lacks a true Alicorn's divinity and the ability to manifest traits from all mortal Pony tribes.
- Wrong Name Outburst: In his panic over learning of the Interregnum's existence and realizing that he was somehow never persecuted for living openly as a unicorn, he accidentally misnames the Interregnum as 'Interrogation'.Steel String: How in the buck did I not get caught or killed by those Interrogation guys?!