Read the manga first so as not to be spoiled by some characters here. Need some help as well.
- Arbitrary Skepticism: He has gradually become accustomed to talking with the anthropomorphic animals on the island, yet still refuses to believe in anything of paranormal or mythological origin even if it is right in front of him.
- He doesn't have any problems believing in aliens and Robot Girls either.
- He winds up on the other end of the spectrum, when he tries to convince the islanders on the existence of the aforementioned aliens.
- He did have trouble believing in the anthropomorphic aspect of Airantou's animals, but that quickly died away when Shima-tora made a...convincing argument.
- A recent chapter had him get sick and get a fever which made him start to believe in magic. Then when he was still recovering he started to mix science fact with magic, and then he freaked out when he realized what he was saying.
- Justified since his family placed him under a spell that made him skeptical of anything paranormal to ensure that he wouldn't figure out that his sister had supernatural powers. After Chapter 106 it wore off due to being under the effect of a stronger spell. Although this wasn't discussed until Chapter 125.
- Big Damn Heroes: On one memorable occasion, he saved Ayane and Michiru from an enraged Taiga, the Northern leader, by throwing his sword to hit Taiga's weak point. He also brought lunch.
- Chick Magnet: Being the only human male in the island helps.
- Clueless Chick Magnet: If there are other men around, he is considered as this.
- Identical Stranger: He resembles Takatora, Suzu's father.
- Groin Attack: He gets because he doesn't believe Tohno is a kappa.
- Lap Pillow:
- He is the pillow for Machi while she is sick and vice versa.
- And for Suzu because she asked him which causes a three way brawl for his lap...
- Made of Iron: In the beginning he would actually have to rest a day after being beaten to a pulp.
- Now he can fight all 4 guardians, fall in a river, get eaten by a fish, and still be perfectly fine the next day. He has come a VERY long way.
- He may have always been this. He drifted at sea for 7 days without any food or water with no visible discomfort. He may have just been recovering from that still in the get go which explains how weak he was in the beginning.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: to his family.
- Oblivious to Love: A Celibate Hero hero, he sincerely thinks that the only reason the girls are after him is because of Gender Rarity Value.
- Panty Shot: A lone guy on an Island full of girls who wear skirts, he's bound to get a view.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: He says this to Suzu mostly because he lives with her, but he says it to just about every girl in his Unwanted Harem at one point or another.
- Sacrificed Basic Skill for Awesome Training: His swordsmanship is outstanding, but he sucks at ball games.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Curry.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Ikuto is acrophobic, meaning scared of heights.
- The Ace: She's great at everything except studying.
- Death Glare: She unknowingly shows it when people start to hit on Ikuto.
- "Do It Yourself" Theme Tune: 4 of 5 of the songs were played by her seiyuu.
- Does Not Like Spam: Does not like spicy foods
- A-Cup Angst: Does not like to be reminded that she's flat. Suzu even exploits this to bring her to her.
- Butt-Monkey: She's the island's biggest source of misfortune inflicted on her and a frequent target of Machi's pranks, experiments and retribution.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Became one after she really falls in love with Ikuto rather than in lust with him.
- Did I Just Say That Out Loud?: She just blurts her plans out loud and hopes no one hears them. Being the Butt-Monkey they usually do.
- Failure Is the Only Option: Her plans never work out the way she hoped. Unless it comes to pranking. Not even Genjuumaru, a tanuki prankster spirit, can outdo her.
- Identical Grandchild: She's one for her grandmother, Kikyou.
- Identical Stranger: According to Ikuto and Misaki, she looks like their cousin who is also named Ayane.
- Iron Butt-Monkey: Thanks to being inflicted by all sorts of physical abuse and misfortune, she's the island's most resilient resident.
- Made of Iron: Proved by this:(Ayane falls face-first from a cliff.)Suzu: Jya. Let's go Ikuto.Ikuto: Is it alright not to do anything!!Suzu: It's alright, it's alright. If it's only that much, Ayane is totally fine.Ikuto (Sweat Dropping): Only that much...?
- Trademark Favorite Food: Anything spicy, the more hot the better. Also because Machi won't eat anything spicy.
- Alien Lunch: The food she makes looks weird but tastes good.
- Berserk Button: Insulting her about her age once, shame on her; insulting her about her age consecutively, prepare for the worst.
- Christmas Cake: Values Dissonance has Airantou's inhabitants get married at around 14-16 years of age. Therefore, she's quite minded about it. Just don't say she's one.
- Harem Seeker: Inverted. If her dream is to be believed, she wants one for Ikuto. As long as she is his legal wife and others are just concubines, and she gets to have his baby first, its OK for him to have other girls.
- Identical Grandchild: Is this with her great-grandmother Yashiro.
- Identical Stranger: According to both Ikuto and Misaki, she looks like their cousin who is also named Machi.
- Lap Pillow: She is the pillow for Ikuto while he is sick and vice versa.
- Lethal Chef:
- Charles Atlas Superpower: In terms of physical strength, she's the strongest human in the island.
- Cute Clumsy Girl: Unfortunately her occupation of being a carpenter makes it dangerous to everyone.
- Through His Stomach: While the other girls do this too, she's the first to think of it.
- Mad Scientist: Ironically, she became Cute Witch once.
- Meganekko: Subverted, her expected personality quickly gives way to Mad Scientist.
- Ninja: She has some training as one due to her mother being one.
- Fluffy Tamer: Usually rides along on the back of an animal she befriended - most often Kuma-Kuma.
- Master of Disguise: She can hide inside fake trees or rocks with a hole for the head. She also has some animal disguises, although they are based on the more realistic looking animals from the outside world.
- Nightmare Fetishist: She loves her dolls and stuff animals. They just are so real they scare others.
- Ninja: Rather, a former ninja, though she still has the skills.
- Verbal Tic: Adding "-degozaru" after every sentence.
MichiruA half-snow fairy that has strong ice powers but is lazy and often forgotten by other residents.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Her mother is a Yuki-onna.
- Identical Stranger: According to Ikuto, Michiru is an In-Universe Expy of his little sister, Misaki.
- Idiot Hair: Gets it when there's a youkai nearby.
- Not So Different: Unlike Ikuto, whose nosebleed is triggered by girls'... fanserviceness, hers is triggered by cute animals. And the island is full of them.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Being Michiru's little sister, she is also half yuki-onna.
- Psycho Lesbian: Extremely hostile towards Ikuto anytime he gets near Rin.
KunaiOldest of the ninja girls who also works as a teacher.
- Long-Lived: Is over 130 years old.
- Walking Spoiler: She's actually a nine-tail fox demon, and recently became young again.