Voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi (JP), Go Inoue (JP, 2016 anime), J. Michael Tatum (EN), Roberto Cuenca Rodríguez, Jr. (SP)
The supervisor of the Black Order. After his younger sister Lenalee was forced to become an exorcist, he joined the Order to be with her. Although lazy and disorganized, he does what he can to help the exorcists, such as repairing damaged anti-Akuma weapons.
- Bad Boss: A rare example in that he's not actively malevolent towards his underlings, he's just incredibly exasperating, what with the weird behavior, tendency to duck out of work, knack for complicating or causing problems and willingness to impede others from solving messes he's created (like drugging Allen to keep him from destroying Komlin II when it attacks him). Perhaps because of this, they're still pretty loyal to him, though.
- Berserk Button: Telling him that Lenalee is getting married will make him really upset.
- Big Brother Instinct: He is freakishly overprotective of Lenalee. Even his own underlings worry about just how devoted to her he is.
- Bishounen: In Lenalee's flashbacks to the period before she became an exoricst he's shown to be quite the looker.
- Brainy Specs: Komui doesn't need his glasses at all - his eyesight is fine. He wears them to help hide his sad expression when his sister is sent to the battlefield.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: He can be pretty competent when push comes to shove. Doesn't stop him from being a wigged out loony the rest of the time, though.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: With all those wacky inventions and his tendency to drift into his own little world, it's safe to say he's at least a mild version of this.
- Heavy Sleeper: The only way to wake him is to say Lenalee's getting married.
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Oh good lord, so much. Mostly played for laughs.
- Must Have Caffeine: And how. Doesn't stop him constantly falling asleep over his paperwork though.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: He'll go absolutely berserk over the very idea of his sister getting married to anyone.
- Promotion to Parent: He and Lenalee lost their parents to Akuma.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Unlike most of the Black Order, he genuinely cares about the Exorcists.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: His latest creation Komulin EX is a tad bit too emotive for a machine. Allen of all people, takes advantage of this
- Running Gag:
- His robots and other Mad Scientist whatnots going berserk.
- Also being woken up by the quote "Lenalee's getting married." It never fails.
- Trash of the Titans: His perpetually messy office. And by "perpetually messy," we mean that you can't see the floor for all the papers on it, save for a path cleared to the desk. On said desk, the papers are generally piled so high that you can't see Komui behind them.
Voiced by Ryotaro Okiayu (JP), Tomokazu Sugita (JP, 2016 anime), Chuck Huber (EN), Fernando Cabrera (SP)
The long suffering section chief of the science devision. He likes soda and dislikes cigarettes and alcohol. Since he works for Komui, his entire division is incredibly overworked.
- Awesome Aussie: Downplayed, but still has a badass side. He was revealed to be Australian in the manga, has survived stuff that would kill a man several times over, and kicks Komui's ass like a demon when he has to. Subverted in the dub of the anime, where was just given an American accent, either from lack of research or laziness.
Voiced by Tomohiro Tsuboi (JP), Mitsuhiro Ichiki (JP, 2016 anime), Christopher Bevins (EN), Sergio García Marín (SP)
A short, crybaby scientist at the Black Order. Often seen working with Tup Dop.
- Ascended Extra: Finally starts to have some plot relevance after more than a hundred chapters when he leaves the Order to look for Allen.
- Distressed Dude: As he started to get more and more screen time in later chapters he began to fall into this trope constantly.
- My Greatest Failure: Has been moving in this direction regarding Tup's Skull-ification and death and his begging Allen for help during the attack.
- Older Than They Look: Believe it or not, he's around the same age as Tyki.
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: We never get a glimpse of his eyes behind his glasses.
- Say My Name: Spends a good deal of the Alma Karma Arc screaming Allen's name dramatically.
- Tap on the Head: Averted. The head injury Nea gives him in order to view Allen's life on Timcanpy is treated seriously. Kanda even worries that his blood won't be enough to heal him.
- Took a Level in Badass: From the pinnacle of uselessness to competently trying to knock out Crow members and now allying with Kanda to look for Allen.
- Undying Loyalty: Toward Allen, to the point where he leaves the Order to search for him.
Voiced by Kan Tanaka (JP), Christopher Sabat (EN), Luis Vicente Ivars (SP)
Another Science Division member. He works with Johnny.
- Character Death: He gets turned into a skull and dies shortly thereafter.
- Mauve Shirt: Survives quite a good bit into the series and manages to get a decent amount of characterization only to be abruptly turned into a skull in volume 15 and end up dying shortly afterwards.
Voiced by Takuma Suzuki (JP), Bryan Massey (EN)
A motherly cook from India who serves as a chef at the Black Order. He is very well-liked by most of his colleagues, partially for all the delicious food he makes.
- The Bus Came Back: Initially he was only seen near the beginning of Volume 2 before Allen and Kanda are deployed on their first mission together. He then reappears after the attack on the North American branch arc... roughly 200 chapters later!
- Camp Gay: He is very effeminate and has a few stereotypically camp traits. He even hits on Allen during their first meeting.
- Supreme Chef: He can make almost any type of dish you can think of and his cooking is greatly appreciated by the members of the Order. Allen in particular seems to love everything he makes, especially his mitarashi dango.
Voiced by Aya Suzaki (JP)
The daughter of Inspector Galmar who helped around in Hearst Orphanage where Timothy lived. She joined Black Order to look out for Timothy. She is hinted to have a small crush on Kanda
- Badass Normal: She is a normal human, but she knows martial arts and can use gun. She had a small moment of awesome when she tried to save Timothy who was captured by Akuma while being injured, even though she was clearly afraid of them herself.
- Big Sister Instinct: She is very protective of the children in the orphanage, especially Timothy. She shot at Akuma who captured Timothy even though she was injured herself. She later joined the Order to look out for him.
- Cool Big Sis: She is one for Timothy and the children of the Hearst Orphanage.
- Crash-Into Hello: She met Kanda when she bumped into him and almost instantly crushing on him after seeing how handsome he is.
- Friendto All Children: She is very close to the children of the orphanage and very protective of them.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: She has blonde hair in the anime, and is very kind and helpful.
- Tomboyish Ponytail: Wears her hair in this hairstyle.
Voiced by Shin-ichiro Miki (JP), Wataru Hatano (JP, 2016 anime), Ricco Fajardo (EN)
The Director of Asia branch. Also one of the few higher positioned Black Order members who actually get along with Allen, as Bak has shown great deal of concern for his wellbeing. He's compassionate -if a bit egoistical- man who helps Allen recover his Innocence after Tyki destroys it. Despite his (relatively) harmless habit of stalking Lenalee, Bak seems to be friends with Komui. It might have something to do with that they both care about exorcists and think that they're more than just tools for Black Order to use.
- But Not Too Foreign: Half-German, Half-Chinese.
- Character Tics: Breaking out in hives whenever he's Lenalee is mentioned or he is in proximity of her.
- Early-Bird Cameo: He was in one of the novels before appearing in the actual series.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Komui calls him "Bak-chan" (which is pronounced the same way as Bak Chang in Japanese).
- Nice Hat: He also wears For's summon stone on it.
- Older Than They Look: He's 29 when we first meet him.
- Power Tattoo: He has tattoos on both his upper arms, which seem to have a connection to For.
- Stalker with a Crush: For Lenalee.Who happens to be half his age. And according to the fanbook he's had this crush for several years.
- Third-Person Person: Apparently you don't need to be evil to have huge ego and think highly of yourself- Bak refers to himself as Bak-sama sometimes.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: He looks almost exactly like his father Edgar.
Voiced by Maaya Sakamoto (JP), Jeannie Tirado (EN)
A 18 year old trainee in the Asian branch, who is always hanging out with Li Kei and Shifu. Was severely lovestruck when meeting Allen and hasn't got better since then.
- Brainy Brunette: She's a brunette and a member of science division at the age of 18.
- Girlish Pigtails: She starts with a braided straight version but changes them to a more typical style in recent volumes.
- Meganekko: She is even introduced looking for her glasses, which were right on top of her head.
- Spell My Name with an "S": She is Chinese, so combined to the anime's pronounciation the most logical transcription for her name (蝋花) would be "Là Hua" but Rohfa is by far the most common spelling among fans. For some reason the French edition of the manga writes it Zhà Hua.
- Through His Stomach: How she tries to get Allen's attention. It works more or less.
Voiced by Jun Fukuyama (JP), Clay Wheeler (EN)
One of the scientist working at the Asian branch of the Black Order. He is often seen accompanied by Rohfa and Shifu.
- Open Mouth, Insert Foot: His mouth got him into trouble when he accidentally made Rohfa cry during an argument about the Third Exorcists.Shifu: What're you doing, Li Kei?!Li Kei: Uh... sorry, Roufa!
Voiced by Hiro Shimono (JP), Derick Snow (EN)
Another scientist seen working at the Asian Black Order branch. He is good friends with Rohfa and Li Kei and the trio are often seen together.
- Eyes Always Shut: He is never seen with his eyes open, even when angry.
Voiced by Mina Tominaga (JP), Natsumi Takamori (JP, 2016 anime), Felecia Angelle (EN)
The temperamental guardian of Asia branch. Saved Allen's life by bringing him to their hideout when she found him on the brink of death after his encounter with Tyki. Since she is actually a spirit, For can maintain physical form for only some period of time. So when she gets tired, her body becomes transparent as well.
- Fiery Redhead: She has her moments, due to her being rather easy to get angry.
- Older Than They Look: She may look like she's a young woman, but she is over 100 years old.
- Spell My Name with an "S": For/Fo/Fou, Word of God is that it's For, but most fans still prefer to use Fou.
- Voluntary Shapeshifting: Uses this to turn her arms into blades, or take on the appearance of other people.
Malcolm C. Lvellie
Voiced by Ryusuke Oobayashi (JP), Toru Okawa (JP, 2016 anime), Sean Hennigan (EN)
Inspector General for the Vatican and member of a family that served the Black Order since its foundation. That included offering members of their own family as guinea pigs for forbidden experiences. Very astride on the rules, he will do absolutely anything to win the war against the Earl and imposes harsh restrictions on Allen out of suspicion regarding the latter's links to the Fourteenth.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: His personality is harsh enough, but with his moustache, it's hard not to think about someone else.
- Guinea Pig Family: One of the reasons his family is so influential within the Order. Not that he is particularly happy about it.
- Large and in Charge: Although he too is obeying orders from above, he still has a high position. He is also stated to be 195cm tall and nearly 100kg. That makes for quite a formidable figure.
- Mood Whiplash: Hello, Lenalee, we haven't seen each other since I traumatized you. You are so terrified you can't even talk but anyway, I made delicious pastries, who wants some!
- Not So Different: Lvellie seems to hate the Innocence and/or the Order, what makes him uncannily similar to Lenalee.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Lvellie? Levellier? Luberier? Who knows? Chapter 202 confirmed it is Lvellie.
- Supreme Chef: His pastries are famously delicious and he even wrote a book on the topic. Allen would probably be fond of these if they weren't made by the guy who put him under surveillance and suspected him of heresy.
- Take a Third Option: He states that his main motivation is that the Humanity wins the war on itself and gets free of both God and the Earl. He looks kinda creepy when he says it, so it could be all lies or psychotic delusions.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: A possible interpretation of his character.
- Wham Line: "Ignore Walker. He requires help. He... "the 14th". / Cross Marian made a secret pact with me and told me everything."
- Wild Card: Wants to use Allen for his own goals (specifically, the 14th awakening so he can help him. This requires him to actually physically protect Allen.
Voiced by: Daisuke Kishio (JP), Shinnosuke Tachibana (JP, 2016 Anime), Aaron Roberts (EN)
Inspector for the Vatican and Malcolm Lvellie's right hand man. Introduced in Chapter 135, he is charged with keeping an eye on Allen Walker at all times.
- Art Evolution: Compare him at his debut to his design in the most recent chapters.
- Badass Normal: Can briefly hold his own against Apocryphos and the Earl with little more than incendiary paper tags.
- Big Eater: He has quite the Sweet Tooth, and he's nearly as bad as Allen.
- Character Development: He goes from a flat follower to a character who has his own opinions and morals.
- Church Militant: For a time, with the Black Order.
- Consummate Professional: Remains professional despite the circumstances.
- Conveniently an Orphan: He was an orphan when he was taken in by the Crows.
- Deadpan Snarker: He snarks while remaining his stoic demeanor.
- Defector from Decadence: Has left the Black Order by faking his death.
- Defrosting Ice King: Warms up to Allen a lot.
- Detect Evil: He can tell the 14th is in control of Allen by sensing his "Ki".
- Faking the Dead: He faked his own death.
- Funny Background Event: The book he is reading on this page is the pastry book written by Lvellie, presented on volume 17's cover omake.
- Hidden Badass: He hides it until later on in the manga, but he's capable of restraining the Big Bad for a time.
- Only Mostly Dead: Nearly killed, but was saved just in time.
- Not So Stoic: He's more serious-like than unemotional.
- Real Men Wear Pink: A more mild example, he is quite the baker.
- Smart People Play Chess: He manages to defeat the Innocence-affected ghost of a champion chess player.
- The Comically Serious: His interactions with Allen show this a lot.
- The Stoic: He has a calm, composed demeanor.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Starts out as The Stoic, especially towards Allen, but he eventually warms up to him.
Voiced by Takuya Eguchi (Madarao), Soma Saito (Tokusa), Rie Suegara (Tewaku), Kazutomi Yamamoto (Kiredori), Kenji Nomura (Goushi) (JP)
- The Ace: Madarao is implied to be this among his partners. He's viewed as the strongest of them, and is the only one able to fight against a Noah without any problem.
- Action Girl: Kiredori and Tewaku, the only females of the group. Tewaku may have become a Dark Action Girl after allying with the Earl, however.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Goushi. When the Alma cells started to take over his body, he begged for Lenalee to save him. It turns out to be Mercy Kill on her part.
- An Arm and a Leg: Tokusa loses both arms to Tykki in a confrontation.
- Anti-Hero: Each of them is considerably more ruthless that most of the already seen Exorcists.
- Badass Baritone: Madarao and Goushi both have deep and imposing voices.
- Badass Long Robe: Part of their uniform. The rest consists of a Sarashi and a Nice Hat.
- The Big Guy: Goushi. He's the tallest and bulkiest of the five, as well as the tallest character of the series so far.
- Blood Knight: Tokusa seems to revel in his abilities in a way the others dont.
- Body Horror: When Alma's cells start taking control over their bodies, they deform quite grotesquely and extremely painfully.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Tokusas attack on Allen while under the control of the effect of Almas cells.
- Cannibalism Superpower: They have the ability to transforms their left arm, causing the flesh to part away and reveal a core of Dark Matter within their forearm and a hole in their palm, through which they can create a vortex that resembles a black hole. This can be used to absorb an Akuma directly or to spread a dark, shadowy quagmire across the ground which will swallow up any Akuma in the vicinity.
- Childhood Friends: With Link back before they joined the Black Order. They were homeless kids who begged in churches and were eventually recruited by Central as members of CROW.
- Creepy Child: Kiredori. Its not intentional and definitely not of her own volition.
- Emotionless Girl: Kiredori. Tewaku as well at times.
- Empowered Badass Normal: They are former members of CROW (Central Office's battle corps), so they know their share amount of spells and magic, and, just like Link, should be able to even bind an Exorcist if they have the chance. After having Alma cells injected in their bodies, they gained the ability to fight and kill Akumas.
- Eyes Always Shut: Not always, but Tokusa is pretty close.
- FaceHeel Turn: It really depends on how much it was voluntary, but Tewaku, Tokusa and Madarao seem to have joined forces with the Noah. The three aid Tykki and Road in freeing Allen from prison.
- Facial Markings: Their eye makeup and the dots on their foreheads.
- Failure Hero: In an scene exclusive to the Hallow anime, Tokusa says to Lenalee that the reason why he joined the Earl's forces is because, after all, he was not chosen to save the world.
- Fallen Hero: Tokusa, Madarao and Tewaku went from serving the Order to allying themselves with the Earl. Is not made clear if they were brainwashed or decided to join by their own volition, but an scene of the 12th episode of Hallow where Tokusa confronts Lenalee seems to hint its the latter.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Well, maybe creating a bunch of artificial Exorcists from something that has part of the soul of the Earl wasn't THAT good of an idea, less when the Earl can attack the headquarters where the thing that avoids that your artificial Exorcists go berserk is being kept anytime he wants. It got worse, since, not only two of them ended having to being mercy killed by their own teammates, but the remaining three allied themselves with the Earl, defeating the purpose of increasing the number of Exorcists that Central wanted.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: The Alma-taken berserk Kiredori is killed by Socalo when he slices her in two with his Innocence.
- Hellish Pupils: Kiredori has slitted pupils, combined with Black Eyes of Crazy.
- Impaled with Extreme Prejudice: Lenalee kills the berserk Goushi by impaling him with a rock jutting out of the ground.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Tokusa at first comes as a sarcastic and condescending individual, but, deep down, he genuinely wants to save the world from the Earl.
- Mercy Kill: Goushi by Lenalee, Kiredori by Socalo (believe it or not).
- Number Two: Either Tokusa or Tewaku.
- The Stoic and The Quiet One: Goushi and Madarao.
- Sugar-and-Ice Personality: Tewaku has shades of it.
- Super Soldiers: They are artificial Exorcists engineered from the fragments that Link retrieved from the first Akuma Egg, made to replace the many loses that the Exorcists suffered during the series. Unlike normal Exorcists, they carry no Innocence and rely on their Akuma-like abilities to fight.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green in Tokusas case, and blue in Madarao's.
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Kiredori and Goushi barely have characterization and screentime before they are taken by the Alma cells and forced to be killed by their teammates.
Voiced by: Ayumi Tsunematsu (JP), Sachi Kokuryu (JP, 2016 anime), Chris Cason (EN)
Head of the North-American branch. Her family, along with that of Bak directed the Second Exorcist project. Herself was put in charge of the Third Exorcist project, decided to make up both for the ridiculously small number of exorcists and the rare, random appearances of Accomodates.
- Amazonian Beauty: A mild example. She is 180cm tall and her hobby is bodybuilding according to the databook. So she appears to be pretty muscular, at least until
- Art Evolution: When she appeared (volume 14). Just before the year-long hiatus (volume 19). After the hiatus (ditto). In only 5 volumes she has changed quite a bit.
- Hot Scientist: Pretty in Mink too!